Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

H2H Content Site ( Mirror ) - New Content Added 11/22!

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Progress Report

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Psi Prince
Mystic Moogle
Psi Prince

Male
Number of posts : 2610
Rep! : 96
Registration date : 2009-03-02

Progress Report Empty
PostSubject: Progress Report   Progress Report EmptySat Jul 04, 2009 4:06 pm

It had been a few days since my return and Crystal figures that she should find out how Alexis is doing with her project. Crystal knows the amount of work that goes into preparing a full dossier for me and even moreso given the company that she is compiling data for. Prince Enterprises is my estranged blood family's corporation. They deal primarily in asset and wealth management with smaller ventures that I generally ignored. The several divisions focus on one aspect of wealth management to another from personal and corporate real estate to stocks and bonds to estates to insurance policies to valuable collections of art, music, and more. Crystal knows that I want to destroy my family and while I would love to acquire the company intact, I am not above destroying the company in order to see them fall. Given my personal relationship with this assignment, Crystal sends Alexis an e-mail to prepare a sort of progress report of everything she has done and is in the works of doing and bring it to her in 30 minutes. While the e-mail is out, Crystal readies the official checklist for the project that she had prepared to make sure that everything that a normal dossier requires is included plus little specifics that would be necessary for this particular file, primarily revolving around hostile takeover laws and logistics that will need to be take care of before I can move forward with my plan. Though I am out of the office dealing with Lance and the pack, I am fairly aware of the fact that Crystal would be doing this as soon as she got the opportunity. I may not have the gift of sight as she does, but she hates corporate side, so she will do whatever it takes to ensure that her stay is not longer than necessary.

319 words
Back to top Go down
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry
Surreal SaDiablo

Female
Number of posts : 3123
Rep! : 257
Registration date : 2009-01-03

Progress Report Empty
PostSubject: Re: Progress Report   Progress Report EmptySat Jul 04, 2009 4:57 pm

Progress Report Lexipost
The night our fearless, ok maybe not so much anymore, leader returned and handed down the news that I was not qualified to fill the position Carmina had given me was a few days in the past and I had fully accepted his decision. To my dismay, no announcement was made to the rest of the office about my demotion on the day following Psyre's return. I didn't know why this wouldn't have happened but I wasn't about to march myself into his office to ask either. Seeing as how I am queen of the wimps, I wasn't about to actually admit it to my coworkers unless absolutely necessary. When I arrived at work the next morning, bruised and battered from my impromptu 'training session' with Saito, the last thing I wanted to do was tell everyone I had to face every single day that I was knocked back down a few rungs of the ladder. It was obvious that no one was aware of what had happened the night before so I had to think quickly for a way to handle the situation without fueling the gossip grapevine or offending any one I might one day need.

The idea came to me about twenty minutes after entering my office. I could tell them all part of the truth. The team Carmina had assigned to me had once worked under her and knew how to do almost everything. I didn't have the access codes anymore, since Psyre said they would be changed, so I couldn't do anything that required them but I could still make this work out in everyone's favor. Calling in my dream team, I explained that a very large, very important project had fallen on my desk that would require lots of time and solitude to complete. I explained that this would mean I would only be available for the most urgent, borderline emergency situations. I was banking on there being none of these to distract me until I could complete the requested dossier, but had already planned to contact Crystal for guidance should any arise. The team accepted what I said without any problems, they were all capable, independent workers and could handle just about anything without me.

The only parts of the promotion that I couldn't pass off to anyone else at the moment were the daily reports to be checked over and dealing with the maintenance guys. The first I would tackle when it came but the second I took charge of. After the team left my office I went right to the phone on my desk and connected myself with Jiro's extension. I informed him that his system check was not a mistake and that there was in fact a leak in this office. Without actually telling him how I came to know all of this, I told him where the leak was, that it was water mist leaking, and that it was on the underside of the elbow joint which made it next to impossible to find in the original sweep of the pipes. The tone used with the man told him not to question me and to just get his guys up here as soon as possible and get it fixed. Thankfully the leak was in an area of the hallway that could easily be detoured around so the foot traffic wouldn't be interrupted.

With those issues taken care of, I set the lighted panel on my door to red and got down to work on this extensive dossier for my boss. It was a lot of information to gather, especially considering the expert analysis he had requested on a number of subjects and the fact that more than half of the information did not fall into public domain. If I had ever needed something to show me the reason why I stayed a basement file clerk for so long, this would be it.

My first steps were to contact a stock expert and request his full analysis of Prince Enterprises price and performance over the last twelve months, including any possible causes or rumors attributed to each fluctuation in price. The man I had called was the lead market research guy for my former employer so I knew he would provide quality information, what I didn't know was if he could get it done in the timeframe I needed. He said that it would probably take him at least a week to prepare the information for me. I wasn't happy about that but I knew he was a busy man so I asked him for it by the end of the week but told him I would understand if it had to wait until the beginning of next week.

All information that did fall into public domain was being gathered and filed on my computer for me to organize once the search was complete. For fear of crashing my entire system, I left that running and worked on other avenues for the time being. Once of these avenues would include ways to gather the private information only available to executives of the company itself. A complete list of stockholders and their percentage ownership would not be easy to come by. I would have to find a way or a person who could infiltrate the company and gain what I needed.

Another big plus to having been a lowly file clerk for so long was the fact that you make contacts in many of the other corporations around. Almost like a secretary pool where everyone gets together to bash their bosses. When Crystal's email arrives I find myself waiting to hear back from the clerk I had contacted the night before... I'm not really sure what kind of clerk he actually is, all I know is that he is an underling at Prince Enterprises and used to show vague interest in me. If I could convince him to do me this favor I was going to have to pay dearly for it, I hoped Psyre and this plan of his was worth it.

The requested info from Crystal's email wasn't difficult to prepare. I detailed the progress the market analyst had reported to me earlier this morning, along with the amount of information my computer had downloaded into the Prince file I created, and details on a few of my more clandestine strategies to gain the private information (excluding asking the clerk for his assistance and the backup plan of utilizing Illusionary Bewitch to gain it for myself which I was really hoping wouldn't be necessary).

Thirty minutes after the email was sent, I head to Crystal's office to deliver my progress report, praying with every step that I am on the right track.
Back to top Go down
Psi Prince
Mystic Moogle
Psi Prince

Male

Progress Report Empty
PostSubject: Re: Progress Report   Progress Report EmptySat Jul 04, 2009 6:16 pm

Crystal and Carmina are on the phone with one another discussing certain matters of my well-being. "Crystal, he needs a bodyguard to look after him. Also, I still can't talk to him. He listens to you, so tell him that he needs to protect himself."
Crystal responds, "Psyre will be fine, Carmina. Did I or did I not tell you that making any major moves without him was a bad idea? From the moment he was blessed with leadership of the Coven, you knew that you would have to relinquish command and return to being the Guardian of the Coven. That may not necessarily mean, the guardian of the Coven's leader. He is growing stronger and stronger. There are always those around him to keep an eye on him, but as you have witnessed first hand, Psyre is possibly stronger than you are."
Carmina inquires, "How is that even possible? He wasn't nearly this strong when he left and he hasn't been gone for that long."
Crystal informs her, "His mind is no longer dormant. His latent powers are being unlocked now that he has woken up. I suggest you inform him of what he should have already known before he finds out on his own."
Carmina snaps, "If you betray us, I will kill you, Crystanale!"
Crystal giggles, "Betray you? Why would I do that? It is merely advice. Besides, you can't kill me. I can see you coming. If you ever threaten me again, Carmina, I will see you going as well. You have tricked and manipulated him playing on his one true weakness, his longing for family. That will be your undoing if you do not regain his trust. If you will excuse me, I have business to conduct for my Prince."

Crystal hangs up the phone and a figure appears seated in front of her. "So things are moving well I see?" Crystal looks at the man sitting in front of her and says, "My lord, you cannot be seen just appearing. Carmina surely has surveillance on all of the offices." He chuckles, "Do you really think I can't block out security cameras, Crystanale? Besides, your office and Psyre's are blocked out. How is my young nephew? I heard thru the grapevine that he drank some demon blood. Is this true?" Crystal becomes frightened as she answers, "I could not tell him that it was going to happen as he needed it to happen in order to awaken his mind. How did you know that the song would calm him? He is going after his human family. With Antonio dead, he has no remorse for destroying them. Is this him or a side effect of Quinto's reaction to the demon blood?" The man chuckles and tells her that it is both. "Quinto is a kami maturing within a human host. It is difficult to explain what is happening to him. He is born of both light and dark kami blood so there is no telling what he is capable of. I am enjoying the show though. Is he ready to make the trip yet?" Crystal replies, "He needs a few more days. The business cannot be weakened for matters... elsewhere. I will keep my word to your brother..." The man nods to her and smiles. He pulls her forward and kisses her on the lips. "You are still forbidden from coupling with my nephew. He is not yours, Crystanale, you are to advise him and guide him. That is all! Do I make myself clear?" Her face is racked with pain as she nods slowly, "Yes, Mr. Coremanti." He smiles again and tells her that he is pleased with her progress. His image shimmers and he is gone.

He fades away and Crystal places her hand on her lower abdomen and takes a deep breath. Making sure that she is well composed, she opens her door when Alexis arrives and calls her in. The red light would come on to let people know that she is busy. "Good morning, Ms. Andrews. How are you doing today?"

727/1046

Last edited by Psi_Prince on Thu Jul 09, 2009 4:35 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry
Surreal SaDiablo

Female

Progress Report Empty
PostSubject: Re: Progress Report   Progress Report EmptySat Jul 04, 2009 10:19 pm

Progress Report Lexipost
During the short walk from my office to Crystal's I take the time to go over everything in the progress report one last time. All of the public information was downloaded and organized into the file already. What I had thought would only take one day to complete had just finished filling the file yesterday afternoon. The last few hours of work yesterday was spent organizing everything and deleting duplicate copies of reports and fact sheets then putting things in order of subject matter. This morning I went back over everything to make sure I hadn't missed anything before leaving last night.

After everything gathered so far was listed, I made a new list for things that are currently pending which includes the information from the market research analyst that should be coming to me by the beginning of next week at the very latest and the information on the target's creditors and suppliers right down to which office supply company they order paper clips from. This information had originally seemed like a huge obstacle for me to overcome but once I did some calling around, and figuring out that mystify works over the phone to a certain extent (based on the timbre of my voice I suppose), I found out a lot of the information. There was a bit of deception involved but not any that would get me in trouble, at least I hoped not.

The final page of the progress report is held in my opposite hand for the time being. It holds the information about contacting the clerk friend of mine and I wasn't sure if I should reveal that just yet. Knowing Crystal had the gift of sight, I feared that she would already know what I had done, but I hadn't told him anything about why I wanted the information, I had merely asked what it would take for him to get it for me. He isn't even aware of which company I now work for and is under the assumption that I am still a filing clerk. As far as he knows, I am just curious about the company he works for.

Other information contained on the final page is the fact that I have recently become a stockholder in the target company myself. Not in my true name of course, but in Saito's name. There was a stockholder's meeting tomorrow night that I planned to attend as either Saito's representative if I couldn't convince him to accompany me or his guest if I could. This was my backup plan just in case the clerk wasn't interested in me enough to do what I asked.

Just as Crystal opened the door and allowed me to enter her office, I decided to go through with including the final page. If the woman could see the future then I was better off being completely open with her rather than trying to hide anything. Greeting the woman with a smile, I return her good morning and answer the question with a truthful response. "Good morning, Crystal. I am doing well despite being slightly worried. How are you doing?"
Back to top Go down
Psi Prince
Mystic Moogle
Psi Prince

Male

Progress Report Empty
PostSubject: Re: Progress Report   Progress Report EmptySun Jul 05, 2009 4:09 am

"Worried? What are you worried about, dear girl?" Crystal pauses for a moment to consider that she looks to be the same age as Alexis, but she figures that Alexis would not fret over the term. An email pops up and Crystal holds up her left index finger which is the universal signal to ask for a moment. She opens the email and quickly types out a reply and informs them that she is in a meeting. "Sorry about that, now where were we? Ahh yes, why are you worried?" Crystal looks back at her computer while Alexis would give her answer. I suppose the best thing for Crystal is that since she knows what is to come, she can easily listen to Alexis while carefully navigating thru her reports. She makes sure that her metallic silver eyes look over at Alexis from time to time to make sure that Alexis knows that she is listening. Crystal knows the pitfalls in what she has prepared thus far as they are mistakes that one who has not received "formal training" would make.

Following Alexis' response as to why she is worried, Crystal would begin. "Good initiative with diverting the attention from yourself to your team. That saves me the time of having to do it myself. Now, let me begin by telling you that you are showing yourself to be resourceful. I like that as it cuts down on the things that I would have to teach you. With that said, your resources are limited and as such trying to use your resources alone will ultimately lead to failure. The clerk that you know will be unable to get the information that you need in time. So you will attend the meeting tomorrow. The result will be the surveillance footage putting you there. Obviously the appearance of a PsiCoven employee will raise red flags for them as they are fully aware of Psyre's disdain for them and it's been no secret that he wants to usurp control so they will unite against him. Now, I'll give you two options so that you recognize the difference between my style and Psyre's new style of motivating people. Psyre is very good at seeing the path before us and he will put people on the path and keep them focused on it. When I see a future, it is never definite because my visions are generally forks in the road. Here is yours. You can continue on your path and hope for the best. Your other option is to let me help you. I will not do the work for you obviously but I will teach you how to use PsiCoven's resources as they are generally "quieter". I know you don't want to quit or lose your job and I know that with proper guidance, you will make a great executive for Psyre, but he is not in a place to give you the help that you need right now. The choice as always is yours though, Ms. Andrews."

532/1578

Last edited by Psi_Prince on Sun Jul 05, 2009 9:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry
Surreal SaDiablo

Female

Progress Report Empty
PostSubject: Re: Progress Report   Progress Report EmptySun Jul 05, 2009 5:02 am

Progress Report Lexipost
Why do people always zero in on my answer to the 'how are you' question instead of answering the one that I asked of them? Assuming that I didn't have enough time to fully analyze this musing, I opened my mouth to answer Crystal's return question. Her held up finger stops me just as I was forming the first word. Okay lips, now draw back together so I'm not standing there looking like a drugged out mouth breather. While waiting for her to type and send her response I take the moment to glance around the room.
When she is done with that email it is my turn to speak. "Nothing in particular, just typical behavior of a worrywart." Nice job, let's lie to the only person we have ever met who can actually see the future. Way to go. In my defense, and yes even my psychotic inner asides get a chance to defend themselves, telling Crystal the truth would violate the recent rules of engagement I have written for myself concerning office behavior. At home I can be as emotional or forthcoming about my feelings as I want to be, but here in this professional setting or around anyone that is involved with this place I am to take on my new persona of 'robo-business Alexis'.

With the question answered and now able to be forgotten, I am free to move on and listen to Crystal's critique of my progress so far. The first line from her mouth is obviously the good news; diverting non essential things to the team was a good idea. One check to the 'Alexis does something right' column. Next line; I am resourceful... office code translation: mediocre at best. Then, resourcefulness cuts down on things I will have to be taught... read: I've read Office Work for Dummies and can begin my schooling with Remedial Office Work for the Recent 'Dummies' Graduate. The next line begins with 'With that said...' so I essentially know that all the good stuff is finished and everything from this point on will be what I've done wrong.

Recap: 'Alexis did something right', one check; 'Alexis screwed up', sixty-three checks with more to be added right now.

In the infinitesimal pause in time after that intro of 'with that said...' I could feel the invisible fingers of dread slide around my heart. They weren't squeezing yet, just letting me know they were there and would be right there with me through every word to come. Breathe, I can't forget to breathe. Don't want to pass out before hearing just how pathetically under qualified for this job I really am. My resources are limited... yeah no shock there; I am only 18 years old and I wasn't raised in the world of business so I pretty much expected that one. My clerk friend won't be able to get the information in time... why do I have a feeling that having a clairvoyant boss is going to annoy me? Screw the little weasel, I doubt I could have ever followed through with my end of the deal anyway. Surveillance footage? I never thought of that. I knew that Prince Enterprises finding out an employee of PsiCoven was sniffing around wouldn't be a good idea, but I never imagined that they would be able to pick me out specifically. Granted I had already planned to attend the meeting using Illusionary Bewitch but if they were going to be as cautious as Crystal made it sound then they would probably have some device to detect enchantments as well. I could always just make Saito go without me and bring me back the information I need. When Crystal continued on I had to scrap that idea, evidently I have two choices and I'm willing to bet that my idea isn't one of them.

Turns out my two choices are to continue attempting this dossier project alone, with my limited resources and Office for Dummies training, or to allow Crystal to help guide me along the more enlightened path. Well as if I hadn't already made my choice by that point, the woman had to go and add 'I know you don't want to quit or lose your job' to the beginning of the next sentence so now there is no doubt what so ever that I will be choosing... drum roll please... Path of Enlightenment!! I know you saw that one coming.

"I would appreciate any help and training you can give me, Crystal. I know I am in serious need of it." For someone who can see the future she should have known that I would never consider that first option. Not unless I really do want to lose my job. "Where should I go from here?" I was ready and eager to get back on the right track with this project; floundering in left field has never been one of my favorite activities.

Conclusion: 'Did right', one check; 'Screwed Up', sixty-seven checks and counting.
Back to top Go down
Psi Prince
Mystic Moogle
Psi Prince

Male

Progress Report Empty
PostSubject: Re: Progress Report   Progress Report EmptySun Jul 05, 2009 6:09 pm

Listening to Alexis' reply to what she's worried about, Crystal doesn't make a deal about it. When she tells her that she didn't want to lose her job, she had some concept of what was worrying her. Nothing else really needed to be said. Crystal hands Alexis the official checklist. "You are good at following directions so we will start with this. Ms. Andrews, in order to accept what I have to teach you is not a simple matter to accept. You will HAVE to trust me. I cannot help you if you lie to me and in return, I won't delve into your personal affairs. If you can do that, then we will be able to continue this. It will not be instantaneous as you will omit certain details of the truth to me again soon and that is fine because you won't be lying. Just do not lie." Crystal closes her eyes for a moment and Alexis would be able to notice that her eyelids are flickering. Her eyes open to the milky white color. This lasts for no more than fifteen seconds before they change back to their natural silver color. "So he chose to trust me in this. Your first lesson, Ms. Andrews. You need to find your strength. Psyre is hard on you because he wants you to be strong enough to protect yourself from whatever past has made you meek." Crystal refused to look into her past as she does not wish to violate her privacy that much and it will be a matter of their trust building. "He will be returning soon and he has discovered that he was not informed of your relationship with Landon Reinhart. He is under the impression that since you know about the Strategic Operations Corps that you also know about the active files there which you do not, so he feels that you have lied to him. In fact, it is Carmina who refused to tell him about the situation between you and Landon. If you wish his respect, you cannot cower from him. He does not like weak women... especially not those that he cares about." Crystal informs her of this in a hope that Alexis will see that Crystal is sincerely looking out for her well being. Not if the woman believed that I cared about her or not or even the matter in which I cared for her is something else to be dealt with later.

437/2015

Last edited by Psi_Prince on Sun Jul 05, 2009 9:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry
Surreal SaDiablo

Female

Progress Report Empty
PostSubject: Re: Progress Report   Progress Report EmptySun Jul 05, 2009 8:46 pm

Progress Report Lexipost
Make that sixty-eight and counting.

Taking the checklist Crystal hands me, I look it over as she speaks, still listening to every word of course. I knew that lying or omitting things when speaking with a clairvoyant person could backfire, but considering my new decision to keep personal and professional areas of my life separated, I didn't think sharing my personal thoughts and fears with her was pertinent to our business relationship. As far as my thinking about keeping the final page of the progress report out of what I handed in to her; yes I could see how that would have been wrong, that is why I chose to include it in the end.

The part about me having to trust her is the hardest thing for me to hear. I know that a certain amount of trust in business is required but just how much is necessary. I've never been good with the whole trusting people deal. To say that I have trust issues would be the understatement of my life. The past that Crystal has said made me meek played a huge part in this but even not taking that into account, I still don't trust people easily, especially not women. I was already trying to make Crystal an exception to this rule but I think the fact that she knows so much will make it even harder to accomplish.

For the second time in so many weeks I am experiencing someone in a position above me revealing their knowledge of my completely fucked up roommate situation. This time it was worse than it had been with Carmina. At least then the unexpected news had brought on a sense of relief. Of course that was right before she suggested that I not mention anything about it to Psyre when he returned. How fitting that he would only be back a few days before making the connection on his own, or being informed of it. If he is upset about that particular mistake I made then I can only assume he isn't aware of what was said to Carmina during the course of that conversation with her.

Crystal goes on to tell me that I can't cower to him if I want his respect because Psyre doesn't like weak women. If that is true then why the hell did he choose to give me a job in his company? I was obviously a 'weak woman' the night he met me. Before the graveyard fiasco I hadn't done or said anything that could be mistaken for strength. Thinking back on that night in the graveyard I realize that Lance had been there, as had Psyre. Psyre had given him instructions when he had approached me. When I told Lance to find a safe route home and that I would meet him there, Psyre had been close enough to hear. Why didn't I think of all this before? I could have explained everything to him that night had I actually been thinking straight on the way home. Saito had also been there, and as was the case when Saito was around, he sort of commanded my attention.

The end of the weak women comment isn't what I had expected to hear, that Psyre could care about me in some capacity, but I guessed I could see that it was true. In the beginning, until he went missing, he had seemed to care. The night of his return had cast doubts on that, doubts that I had let take over and influence decisions. That might have not been the best idea I could have had. Knowing that I needed to respond to Crystal, that I have to find words and actually speak them, I am having quite a bit of trouble coming up with something.

"You will have my trust, Crystal, and I will not outwardly lie to you about anything. I cannot say the same for omissions, though most of the time those won't even be intentional. There are certain aspects of myself and my life that I prefer not to speak of, to anyone. I figured it wouldn't take long for him to find out about Lance, even with Carmina trying to protect the information. I will take your advice to heart as well as your lessons. There's just one thing I don't understand. What does me finding my strength have to do with finishing this dossier for Mr. Prince?"
Back to top Go down
Psi Prince
Mystic Moogle
Psi Prince

Male

Progress Report Empty
PostSubject: Re: Progress Report   Progress Report EmptySun Jul 05, 2009 10:35 pm

Crystal smiles at Alexis and remarks, "I don't have you true trust yet. You are not a light switch. You cannot just turn something like that on and off, but I appreciate the gesture. As for your personal life, I can control what I descry and due to said control, I have and will control to leave your past to be your past. I do not have to know everything about you to understand you." Taking the progress report from Alexis, Crystal places her left hand on top of it and Alexis would swear that a symbol appears on the back of Crystal's hand. Opening her eyes, Crystal decides to answer the question. "Stay focused, Ms. Andrews. The pot of gold at the end of this dark rainbow is you being allowed to head a division. You have strength within you, but you seem too afraid to access it. You have instincts because your spirit manifestation is similar to Psyre's. He was lost and confused as well. He has willingly chose to learn about his powers and harness them. He is focused on growing his powers. In order for you to lead a division you must be strong all on your own. You will not have a team to cover for you all the time. I can teach you how to be an executive, but you must be the executive. I do not care for corporate side as you do. My place is aiding my Prince in his ventures. While I am helping you to gain more of his respect and regain his faith in your ability to lead, I am also helping myself return to where I enjoy my work. I cannot return if I cannot trust you to handle things in my absence and I am not foolish enough to place blind trust in anyone. If there is one thing my powers have taught me is that while we must live in the present, we should always live for the future." Crystal pauses for a moment.

The truck pulls into the garage and I take the elevator upstairs. The pack takes the western elevator up to SOC side of the office. Alone in the elevator, I work diligently to control my anger about this whole situation. She had to have known that I would learn of this so why would she openly lie to me when I asked her if there was anything that she needed to say to me. After all I have done for her, I am baffled by this. When I get off the elevator, I am detained by a phone call. It is my stock broker. "Psyre, you now own personal and corporate stock in PsiCoven Strategic Solutions as it opens on the public stock market in a couple of weeks, but we are structuring it so that you only release a total of 20% interest in the company. Meaning that the investors that purchase PsiCoven stock do not have an actual say in the workings of the company, but are providing you with more capital. Zenron Corporation is your other primary stock asset on a personal and corporate level. Personally, you own stock in Yazimitsu, Livic, and Elgoog as well, since I allocated $1000 each for those companies. PsiCoven made a large purchase of Prince Enterprises preferred stock in the secondary market after running the purchase through the usual guardian company that you asked me to set up. I still think this is a dangerous move, Psyre, but I respect your wishes. I look forward to seeing the commercial." I thank him for handling everything for me and we hang up.

Back in her office, Crystal tells Alexis that I have arrived. "As Psyre told you, the future is in your hands, so if you want him to take you seriously, you must show him that you are not a weak little girl. On the checklist disc, I have included the numbers of several contacts within PsiCoven as well as the Benefactor Group that you should utilize in this assignment. They are well aware of time constraints with Psyre's "requests" and the Benefactor Group was originally sponsored by the Zenron Corporation who controls and monitors the city's financial system so they will be able to make sure that you avoid any pitfalls and they are great contacts for you to have. You will come to rely on their expertise when you return to a management position." The added file on there is a list of certifications that you will to study for and get after you complete this assignment. It will take some time for Psyre to complete the takeover, so you will utilize that time to focus yourself on working with the private trainers. I will also hire one of them to be your personal mentor and advisor when you take over so that they will be able to aid you when you are unsure of a decision or course of action. Do you have any other questions on your mind before he arrives?"

885/2900
Back to top Go down
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry
Surreal SaDiablo

Female

Progress Report Empty
PostSubject: Re: Progress Report   Progress Report EmptyMon Jul 06, 2009 12:46 am

Progress Report Lexipost
I was relieved to hear Crystal mention that she understands trust not coming immediately. That had been the motivating factor behind my careful word choice. I said she will have my trust but I could not claim that she already did or would have it overnight. Her assurance that she would not use her gift to learn of my past is very nice to hear. I had to admit that just knowing she possibly could do that or had done it already seriously worried me.

Watching Crystal's hand change as she held it over the report made me wonder what had happened but I didn't not interrupt or waste her time by asking. If she was going to allow me my privacy then I would show the same respect toward her. Since I didn't speak, she continued on and answered my question. An eyebrow rises reflexively when she mentions that I have strength within me but am too afraid to access it. Had she said that to me a couple of weeks ago I would have agreed that it was true across the board, but now I knew it was only true as far as my position in this world of business went.

My personal decision to not only train and harness my current abilities but to broaden my horizons and learn many more had been made a while ago. This decision had also been set in motion in the forms of my weekend research and training sessions with both Lance and Saito. I still carried a large amount of fear as far as my demon was concerned but my determination to conquer him had taken root and begun to overshadow that fear. Strength in that aspect was very much alive and thriving. Work was another matter entirely. The fear I always carried with me had been doubled after the night Psyre returned thanks to a while new dose added by personal fear of the man himself. Even though it was days later I could still feel the power of his telekinesis holding and squeezing my body the way it did when he pulled me from the ceiling. The bruises had started to fade already but the psychological marks were still fresh.

Now hearing that he had learned about my living arrangement with a psychopathic rapist and murderer and the nice little tidbit that Crystal just shared, his arrival here at the company, I could feel the icy fingers stretch and curve around my heart. My body wanted to do nothing more than curl into a ball and disappear rather than face whatever he would deliver once he got up here, but my mind and heart knew that cowering was not an option. Crystal had told me as much only moments ago. I would have to take whatever he said, accept whatever he decided, while at the same time standing up for myself and staying strong in the face of this man I had so recently come to fear.

Thankfully the woman doesn't dwell on Psyre's impending arrival for too long, instead she moves on to tell me what the checklist disc contains and how the files on it would help me complete the last major obstacles of the dossier. The best way to get my mind out of the scary place is to distract it with business talk. A faint smile shows at the corners of my lips as I wonder silently if the woman opposite me has figured this out. When she finishes up with asking if there is anything I need to ask or say before he arrives, I already know what I want to get out.

"Only to say thank you for all that you have done and are doing to help me out with this, with everything. I genuinely appreciate all your effort, even though I realize that it is actually you helping us both out. As soon as I am able, I will be sure to utilize the resources you've provided with this checklist so I can do my best to win you that bet you and Mr. Prince made. The other file contained on here will be studied and set into motion as soon as this dossier is complete."
Back to top Go down
Psi Prince
Mystic Moogle
Psi Prince

Male

Progress Report Empty
PostSubject: Re: Progress Report   Progress Report EmptyMon Jul 06, 2009 2:22 am

Crystal had "hazy" knowledge of Alexis' outside matters as it was not her focus, so Alexis' private training would remain her secret. Sensing my arrival, Crystal focuses on Alexis' comment. She nods her head with a warm smile to try and provide comfort for Alexis almost smelling the fear coming from the young woman. Crystal had known that fear as well. She tells Alexis, "When I first met Psyre, he was so angry at Carmina for manipulating him the night before when she awoke his latent powers. It didn't help matters that he also could not control his newfound powers so when he learned to use telekinesis, he lashed out at everyone at the manor. No one was considered an ally to the lost prince and all he seemed to want to do is hurt any and everyone that he could. You see I had a vision that the new leader of the Coven would be attending a certain party. When he arrived, it was obvious that he was the one from my vision. The man he moved and the way he interacted with people, Psyre radiated the night. I had been told that he was meant to be the Light withing the Darkness. It has never been a secret that Psyre's weakness is beautiful women. Carmina is very beautiful and powerful. A man like Psyre is drawn to strength as he sees it as his equal. While he is refined and reserved, Psyre's spirit has a predatory nature where he loves a good hunt. I told Carmina and she used that to her advantage. He was captured and taken so that the Awakening Ceremony could be performed. I have learned that Psyre often has adverse reactions to rapid growth of his mind's power and that is what has happened while he was gone. As it has in the past, this will subside. I am guiding him to a journey where he will be gone for about a week or so in order to refocus himself. I have told you because I know that people fear most what they do not understand, so do not fear him, but respect him and you will find your relationship with him repair itself with time." Crystal places the file that Alexis brought under her desk.

Entering the corporate strategy side of the office, I head for Alexis' office and find that she is not there. Heading to Crystal's office, I open it and she smiles at me. "Nice to see you still knock before you come in." My eyes settle on Alexis. In the words of the great Ricky Ricardo, "Hey Lucy! You gots some s'plainin to do!" There is a darkness in my eyes as I look at her. "I remember asking you a question. Is there anything else that you needed to tell me and you said "No, sir". Then tell me, why is that today I discover that you are roommates with one of our targets. You didn't think that that would be something that I would want to know? You would dare to try and keep that from me?" Patience at this moment is not something that I have an abundance of so the expression on my face begins to show this feeling faster and faster. Crystal looks at me and speaks, "You will not bully her in my presence, Psyre." When I turn to look at Crystal, she smiles at me as she had bought Alexis more time to find her courage and stand up to me. "Do not test me, Crystal. This has been a very trying day for me thus far." My attention is swung back to Alexis now hopefully she would finally be ready to speak by now.

660/3560
Back to top Go down
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry
Surreal SaDiablo

Female

Progress Report Empty
PostSubject: Re: Progress Report   Progress Report EmptyMon Jul 06, 2009 3:04 am

Progress Report Lexipost
Listening to Crystal's brief explanation of Psyre's induction to the 'no longer normal human' club I began to understand his journey thus far. There was a flicker of what I can only describe as jealousy upon finding out that Carmina had been his sire of sorts. Did that mean that she was a demon or that she knew of a less traumatic way of gifting someone with these powers? At any rate he was still lucky to not have had a demon like mine bring him into the fold. As bad as it was for me I have to imagine that it would have been worse for a man to have been in my shoes. The story also allowed me to understand his relationship with Carmina and her devotion to him quite a bit more. Had I been aware of this earlier I don't think I would have feared her nearly as much.

The story and my thoughts were barely fading into the silence of the room when the door opened and Psyre entered. At first I did not move. Crystal made the comment about knocking before I actually turned my head to face the irate man. From the looks of him I could tell this wasn't going to be pretty. I let him have his say, not wanting to interrupt in case that made him even more angry or caused him to snap and lash out.

Crystal's words reach my ears before I can force myself to speak. A grateful glance is sent fleetingly to her before I turn to face him, standing rather than sitting so I wouldn't feel as if he was talking down to me.

"I apologize for not telling you about my current living arrangement before you could find out from an outside source. I did not think the identity of the man living in my spare room would be an issue, especially not after you met him in the graveyard that first night. I only found out that this information would cause a problem while you were gone, and at that time I was not informed that was in fact a target. All I was told was that he wasn't in high regard with the company. In my defense, I was extremely excited upon hearing that if I accepted the offer to move into a more secure living situation, Lance would not be allowed to accompany me. I have been trying to find a way to distance myself from him since the night I made the mistake to let him move in."

With that out, I needed to take another deep breath before I could finish. "I know I should have come clean when you asked the other night but after watching what had just happened, and feeling what you are capable of, I couldn't overcome the fear and confess my sins. For that I was wrong and will accept whatever punishment you deem fit." It felt good, almost cleansing to have the elephant in the room out in the open. At the moment I couldn't even feel the cold grip on my heart, though I was prepared for that to return as soon as Psyre spoke again. Steadying my body, I hoped that he wouldn't use his powers against me again. I wasn't sure if I could actually try to use my own to try and stop him.
Back to top Go down
Psi Prince
Mystic Moogle
Psi Prince

Male

Progress Report Empty
PostSubject: Re: Progress Report   Progress Report EmptyMon Jul 06, 2009 4:29 am

My anger towards her turns to something else as she does not cower from me. She apologizes and informs me that she was unaware of his status. I look to Crystal who nods to me. As Alexis tells me that she fears me, I shake my head and slowly stroke my forehead with the thumb and index finger of my right hand. My left hand waves for her to sit as I take the other chair. This is a problem now. I cannot have my employees fearing me. I may have to speed up my departure. Still I am supposed to be returning to the Info Center to see the final product of the commercial and tonight I am supposed to be going to visit Donovan. I am not a fan of that part of my schedule but I figure if I am to see him one last time before he dies then I would like him to know that I am closing in on the opportunity to destroy him. That brings a level of happiness to my heart before I actually sit down. "You said that you were told to conceal what you knew. Who told you to do that?" Crystal knew the answer, but she could not seem eager to out Carmina as she would let Alexis tell me all on her own. If Alexis hesitated or "pleaded the fifth" then Crystal would reassure her that it would be better for her to tell me now that she has the opportunity.

I could not get over the fact that my own hand chosen employee is afraid of me. With a sigh, I speak again, "Alexis, you do not have to fear me as I will not harm you. If I hurt you the other night, I apologize for that. I should not have lost my temper and I was not thinking correctly." She mentions the graveyard and I draw a blank until I look at Crystal. "I haven't been to a graveyard since... it's been a while since I've been to a graveyard." I fall silent as my mind moves to Uncle Antonio's death. The worthless police helped fuel my desire to create Security Force so that could have my own faction that could be a driving force in the cleansing of the scourge that takes from the city because the police are too weak to do anything about it. My mind is pulled back to await Alexis' answer of who told her to withhold such information. I had an idea, but I did not wish it to be so. Crystal looks at me awaiting what was to come.

464/4024
Back to top Go down
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry
Surreal SaDiablo

Female

Progress Report Empty
PostSubject: Re: Progress Report   Progress Report EmptyMon Jul 06, 2009 5:02 am

Progress Report Lexipost
His initial reaction hadn't been to activate his powers and strike me so things were heading in the right direction so far. When he asks who told me to conceal what I knew, I think back over what I had just said to him and couldn't find any point where I actually came out and admitted that I was told not to say anything to him. I purposely did not mention that part of it in the hopes of avoiding this exact question. Carmina had been trying to protect me from this very conversation when she advised me not to tell him, it didn't feel right selling her out this way. On the other hand, I came to work at this company for Psyre and had developed a loyalty to him over everyone else, including Carmina.

Before I could actually spit out the answer, the man goes on to speak some more. He apologizes for the other night, which is the first time since he has stepped in to this office that I feel like I want to cry. I had dreamed of his saying similar words but hadn't ever expected them to actually be spoken. The man standing... well now sitting as he moves to take the seat opposite the one he urges me into... here with me is like the man I met that night at dinner, he's like the man I stood with to kill zombies in that graveyard. The graveyard he doesn't seem to remember. I notice the distracted look that comes over him as he remembers the last time he was in a cemetery and can easily assume that it is a subject best left unspoken right now.

When he finally falls silent long enough for me to jump in, I take a deep breath and rely on the band aid method. Rip it off fast. "Carmina told me about Lance and asked me not to mention it to you for my own protection. As for the other night, any pain you caused me will be easily forgotten, you at least don't leave scars." This last part was said with a smile as it was intended to lighten the mood a bit. Since he had seen me in a cami top the other night and other clothes that do not hide them all, he would have clearly seen the scars dotting my arms, chest, and neck.
401 (Ha! I can do under 500 with you)
Back to top Go down
Psi Prince
Mystic Moogle
Psi Prince

Male

Progress Report Empty
PostSubject: Re: Progress Report   Progress Report EmptyTue Jul 07, 2009 9:02 pm

Excellent. Hahaha Psyre, you are so clever. You told her that she said something that she in fact did not say at all and instead of debating the validity of whether or not she said, she merely answered the question thus moving in the prescribed course of action to inform you of the culprit of this betrayal. Wait a second... why am I referring to myself as you? Damn it! I seriously need to figure out how to handle this blood. My mind may be getting stronger, but my grip on reality is not. Get it together! Part of me thinks that the silly reaction may have been my mind's attempt to ignore what I did not wish to hear. Replaying what she had said in my mind again, I confirm that i had heard her correctly the first time. Her joke is not met with any laughter from me. "She did not lie to you on that matter, but she has betrayed my trust yet again." The anger laced in my voice is very apparent and I turn to Crystal. Before my temper can turn against her, she reminds me of my decree, "As per your order, Psyre, I am not to outright tell you of events that are to take place or that have taken place unless you discern it for yourself and ask specifically." The fact that she is right angers me even more and objects in the room starts floating up into the air. If Alexis was not careful and focused, she too would be lifted. Crystal levitates on her own and looks at me. "Calm yourself, Psyre." Floating over to me, she places her hand on my cheek and looks into my eyes. "This is for your own good."

When Crystal stares into my eyes, her eyes turn white and moment later so do mine. Everything in the office slowly lowers back down to the ground gently. I watch as Carmina is going over the background security check for Alexis. She is looking over the report regarding residential data and stops. "So Psyre's new toy is the roommate of the nutcase who killed the executive's nephew. Hmm... he's not going to be happy to know this information.I just won't then." Carmina goes in and doctors the report so that it suggests that there is no information regarding a roommate as I would not care enough to ask her. Crystal shows me the meeting between Carmina and myself when she brings me the dossier and lies to my face telling me that it is complete and everything checks out. For last NINE months that Alexis has been with us, Carmina has been lying to me. What else has she lied about? How can I trust her if she can lie to me so easily? Breaking the link from Crystal, my eyes show pain. My voice starts off softly and somber when I address Crystal but that does not last long. "Crystal..." I take a breath trying to fight back the anger. "Get Carmina in here... NOW!" Crystal freezes for a moment before she moves over to the phone. She calls Carmina and tells her to come over here. She tells her to hurry up since I'm not in a good mood right now. I turn to Alexis and point in Crystal's direction. "Move." I wait silently for the door to open and Carmina to arrive. Crystal tells me to let her explain before I overreact. There is no chance of that. I'm tired of hearing lies and omissions from her. I'll get the truth... one way or another!

645/4669
Back to top Go down
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry
Surreal SaDiablo

Female

Progress Report Empty
PostSubject: Re: Progress Report   Progress Report EmptyWed Jul 08, 2009 1:19 am

Progress Report Lexipost
Maybe I should have lied to him too. I knew lying would make him lose even more faith in me, possibly more than he had left, but the guilt from that would have to be less crushing than what was settling on my chest after having outed Carmina. I totally threw her under the bus, I shouldn't have told him, I should have decided to plead the fifth at the very least. She had only tried to protect me from his temper and this is how I thank her?

About this time I feel the air in the room change, just before items begin to lift from their resting places, my body included. Hoping that this show of power was an unfocused response to the upsetting news, I attempt to control my own movements and return to the seat I had taken. I was originally afraid that this would turn out to be like the other night, that I would soon feel pain at the hands of my employer. I was relieved to find that pain did not follow the levitation.

When Crystal moves to Psyre and I see their eyes cloud over, I wondered what was happening but would not dare dream of interrupting them. Once the shared moment is over I am almost certain that I should have snuck out while they were distracted. Psyre's anger seemed to have intensified during whatever the two of them shared, a fact that did not settle well within me. His demand for Crystal to get Carmina in here now causes my heart to drop clear to my feet. I just sold her out to him and now she was going to come in here. So much for this new sensation of being able to breathe freely, my lungs were rapidly returning to the frozen sacs they generally were when I was afraid for my safety. I knew better than to hope Psyre wouldn't tell Carmina that I outed her, I was fairly certain he would do just that.

Receiving the growled order to move where Crystal was using the phone, I scurried from the seat I was in over to the side of her desk. I would have preferred to exit the office altogether but it was obvious that I would not be saved from witnessing whatever would come next.
Back to top Go down
Psi Prince
Mystic Moogle
Psi Prince

Male

Progress Report Empty
PostSubject: Re: Progress Report   Progress Report EmptyThu Jul 09, 2009 4:07 am

Time seems to lose all of its meaning at this moment while I'm waiting for her arrival. The light turns green and the door opens. The fingers of my right hand flex out as Carmina walks in. My facial muscles are slightly contorted to show emotions bordering on the edge of rage. She looks at me then notices Alexis who surely looks worried at this moment and Carmina looks at Crystal who is showing no emotion. Carmina returns her eyes to me and stands silently for a moment before she looks at Crystal again and speaks, "You summoned me, sir?" My eyes sharpen on her as if I am not in the mood for games and she takes a step towards me before she is forced to her knees. "You have blatantly betrayed me, Carmina, and I do not understood why you would do so. I have given you all that you have asked of me. What more could I have done for you?" She looks at Crystal with intensifying rage and Carmina accuses, "She is behind all of this." Crystal says nothing, which increase my anger towards Carmina. Carmina's body is lifted into the air and slowly her facial expression gives proof to what is happening as her body is being telekinetically squeezed.

My head snaps back as she lashes out with a mental strike. As the twinging pain subsides, she floats in the air on her own and looks at me, "I don't want to hurt you, Psyre." I look at her with a borderline demented smile on my face. "Crystal, somewhere more private please." Within a few moments individual bubbles surround each of us and draw us to Crystal before we vanish from the office. The path that is set before us cannot be changed it would seem. All paths thus far have led us to this point and this confrontation. From the first time, I truly decided to test my powers, she was there as my opponent, so it is only fitting that she would be the one, but a betrayer I would have never thought. Perhaps I am overreacting to this as it is an omission and yes a lie, but it is also a sabotage of my trust in her. I do not trust easily regardless of the gambles I may take and I cared so deeply for her that I was blind to what she was doing. Now the truth shall be forced out.

TO BE CONTINUED...

431/5100
Upgrade: Defense: Mental Defense (Trained)
Upgrade: Support: Refresh (Honed)
105 exp
5100 to Corporate PWC
Back to top Go down
ShinTre_Admin
Admin
ShinTre_Admin

Male
Number of posts : 3438
Rep! : 29
Registration date : 2008-12-02

Progress Report Empty
PostSubject: Re: Progress Report   Progress Report EmptyMon Jul 13, 2009 8:34 am

updated sreally.
Back to top Go down
https://wotr.rpg-board.net
Sponsored content

Progress Report Empty
PostSubject: Re: Progress Report   Progress Report Empty

Back to top Go down

Progress Report
Page 1 of 1