Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

H2H Content Site ( Mirror ) - New Content Added 11/22!

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The Hospital Visit [Prelude continued]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Psi Prince
Mystic Moogle
Psi Prince

Male
Number of posts : 2610
Rep! : 96
Registration date : 2009-03-02

The Hospital Visit [Prelude continued] Empty
PostSubject: The Hospital Visit [Prelude continued]   The Hospital Visit [Prelude continued] EmptyMon Jul 20, 2009 10:13 pm

{This RP is a continuation from here...}

"Flashback":
While I am still in the bathroom finishing with my grooming, Crystal looks at the door then back at Alexis. "There would have been a different reaction that much is true, but it would not have been the reaction that you might think. He feels responsible for your safety. That is why you are still moving into the Luxury Suites this weekend when he goes to focus himself. Carmina is not your fault. She made the choice to lie to him and tried to keep you as a buffer and play on his guardian complex when it comes to you. Here he comes, we'll discuss this more later if necessary. You will find your opportunities to be seen." The door opens and I emerge from the bathroom.

Current:
I nod to Alexis and sigh. "I don't quite understand what she is thinking about in sending you. I read your file and this is not something that you should be coming along for. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy your company but I can only assume that she wants to strengthen your resolve in conquering your own pain. That is something that she is very good at it. You add a very interesting dynamic to this company." I fall silent and just enjoy the music for a while. The car stops and we pull up to the hospital. I just sit there for a moment when the driver turns the car off and gets out. He walks over to Alexis' door and opens it first. My driver is a gentleman and opens the door for the lady first which I greatly respect. I truly do not wish to see the man upstairs, but I know that I must for some reason. I cannot ask Crystal why, but I just want to know why. So many emotions swirl about inside of me before my door is opened next. I get out of the car and walk over to the Alexis' side. Nodding to her, I keep walking inside. When we come to the administration desk, there is an older woman who glances up at me and asks, "Welcome to Saicity Metro Hospital, how can I help you?" In response, I speak, "I am looking for Donovan Prince's room." She looks at her screen and scrolls down. She looks back up and asks my business with him and I tell her that I am coming to visit a dying man." She figures that by the somber tone of my voice that I am a family member. She clicks her mouse and writes on a piece of paper before handing the paper to me. "Here you are." I nod in gratitude and head for the elevator with Alexis at my side.

486/762

Upgrade: Support: Heal (2500/2500)
Unlock: Support: Heal (1000/1000)
Back to top Go down
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry
Surreal SaDiablo

Female
Number of posts : 3123
Rep! : 257
Registration date : 2009-01-03

PostSubject: Re: The Hospital Visit [Prelude continued]   The Hospital Visit [Prelude continued] EmptyMon Jul 20, 2009 11:18 pm

The Hospital Visit [Prelude continued] Lexipost
Just when I think things are going so well... ok maybe not well but they have certainly taken a step back from disastrous...Psyre has to go and bring up the last subject I ever wanted spoken aloud between us. The logical and realistic part of my mind knew he would have access to that particular bead of information, it is a matter of public record after all, but I suppose I had always harbored some tiny grain of hope that he would refrain from bringing it up until I mentioned it. Since that hope was now dashed, I let out a quiet sigh and turned my attention to the scene passing outside the window with a shake of my head.

"Whatever it says in that file you have on me isn't the whole story and it is the very distant past."

Keeping my gaze focused on the scenery we were speeding by, I fall silent to enjoy the music and lack of conversation for the remainder of the ride. If this is Crystal's way of making me deal with the pain from my daddy issues then I think she is wasting her time. As far as I am concerned there is nothing left for me to deal with. I somehow attracted the demon and because of that my father was killed. What's left to accept?

After arriving at our destination I thank the driver for opening my door and wait patiently by my side of the car for Psyre to step around and head for the hospital entrance. While my employer is waiting on the necessary information I stand by his side and a step or two back and look around the lobby area. I had never come in this entrance before. All of my hospital visits required the emergency entrance, mainly because I would have to be bleeding out to even consent to a hospital visit. It was different to come in as a visitor compared to being a patient.

Psyre moves toward the elevator after taking the information from the older woman and I fall easily in to step behind him. While waiting for the enclosed transport mode to arrive, my eyes fall over the man's back as I wonder if I would be asked to wait in the hallway outside his father's room or if I would be able to catch a few moments of daytime tv in the waiting area.
Back to top Go down
Psi Prince
Mystic Moogle
Psi Prince

Male

PostSubject: Re: The Hospital Visit [Prelude continued]   The Hospital Visit [Prelude continued] EmptyTue Jul 21, 2009 12:39 am

The door to the elevator closes and I attempt to use the Mystify ability on Alexis. "Your past is your past. I care more for your future. I just do not want to see you in pain. Everything will be just fine as I will protect you from all that I can, Alexis." If she did not move away, I would reach up to caress her cheek softly and appear to have the softest gaze despite my true troubled appearance. Shortly before we reach the 10th floor, the mental enchantment would subtly drop with us just quietly standing next to each other in the elevator. I am not sure if she possesses that power or her level of control with it if she does, but hopefully it would work. I need to practice more with the power to get it under even better control, but it has come in handy in getting some deals done already.

Regardless of the level of success of the power and my words, when we reach the 10th floor, we would get off. The paper in my hand says "Room 1062" on it. Walking down the hall, I think back to the last time I was in this hospital. A memory creeps into my head that makes me wish that I could use the Mystify power on myself to forget about it. I force it out and think about the last time I had to visit one of my clients here. It was the first time that a strictly corporate client asked me to neutralize a situation for them. I had had clients that had some underhanded dealings or some form of a connection to criminal or private security firm elements but this was a small pharmaceutical client that was asking. That was the day that everything changed for the business and that was just under five months ago. We come to the door of 1062 and I just stand there for a moment. I couldn't bring myself to open the door as my anger continues to grip me. It is blatant in my demeanor. Why am I even here? To gloat my success without his blessing or aid. For what? He is dying and he can read the news. We have been making rapid progress and success, so then what is Crystal's purpose in sending me here. I turn to the young woman with me and shake my head, "Alexis, we're leaving." My body does not move past the turn towards her. Walk, Psyre! My body does not respond. It is as if it knows the command is a false plea.

464/1226

Upgrade: Support: Heal {Trained} (2500/2500)
Back to top Go down
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry
Surreal SaDiablo

Female

PostSubject: Re: The Hospital Visit [Prelude continued]   The Hospital Visit [Prelude continued] EmptyTue Jul 21, 2009 1:40 am

Soon after the elevator doors close and we begin rising to the floor where his father was being cared for, Psyre turns to me and starts to say the sweetest things I've heard in a long time. As he spoke I could feel an almost warm feeling spread through my body. Not the kind of warm and fuzzy that us girls get when a man compliments us or whispers sweet nothings, but the kind of warmth that comes with knowing that you are safe, protected, and even cared for by someone you admire. It was a nice feeling, one I didn't expect to happen with Psyre after recent events.

A few of the words that came from his mouth struck an odd chord in the back of my mind, but the disturbance was not enough to chase away the comforted feeling that had settled over me. The words were strikingly similar to the ones Lance had said to me so many times, occasionally right before or after causing me pain. The fact that I did not doubt the words when Psyre spoke them went a long way to convincing me that while my trust in him had been shaken lately, it had not been broken.

Unable to stop the gut reaction, my eyes lower slightly and my cheeks flush under the soft touch of his hand upon my face. I probably should have felt uncomfortable being touched so gently by a man in a position of authority over me, but for some reason my reactions weren't exactly normal at the moment. Instead of shying away from him or stepping back out of his reach, I merely keep my eyes lowered and try to fight the blush back before it can get out of hand until he pulls his hand back away and we are able to resume our original side by side stance.

Finally arriving on the 10th floor, the reflective doors slide open to release us from the enclosed area. Following Psyre along the hallway I glance around for the waiting area so I would be ready in case he sent me that way. That suggestion never came. Instead he made it all the way to the room in question and then turned before even opening the door. Knowing what little I do about this situation, I step into his intended path and shake my head while lifting a supportive hand to his upper arm.

"No, you can leave now. You've come this far. It's too far to turn back now. Go in and see him. Trust me, if you walk away without setting foot inside that room, you will regret some day. You will look back years from now and wish you had another chance at this moment. Say goodbye, make peace, tell him to go to hell... Just go in there and make the best of the rare chance you are being given... but don't blow anything up or send the furniture crashing through the window."

I really have no clue if what I am saying makes any sense, much less if it is helping the man turn around and actually get through that door behind him, but I have to try something. I can't let him walk away without facing his father. As someone who never got the chance to say goodbye, I can't allow someone else to throw that chance away.
Back to top Go down
Psi Prince
Mystic Moogle
Psi Prince

Male

PostSubject: Re: The Hospital Visit [Prelude continued]   The Hospital Visit [Prelude continued] EmptyTue Jul 21, 2009 4:01 am

Listening to the woman speak, I start to interrupt her, but I don't even open my mouth. It is as if my subconscious mind is overpowering my active thoughts. I just listen and though I am not sure that he is dying, he is hospitalized and has been listed in bad condition. I close my eyes as she speaks and when she finishes, I just let out a sigh. "You have no idea how much I hate when Crystal does this." I turn back to the door and it opens as I reach up to activate the entrance sensor. The young nurse looks at me and smiles with a nod. I did not know who she was but she seemed to know who I was. "It's been a long time, Psyre." I look at Alexis and really wish that I had telepathy to ask her if she knew... mental note interruption! Note to self, I need to get an executive assistant. My eyes settle on Alexis again and my mental eyebrow arches like The Rock's. That would be an idea. Turning back to the young woman, I try to find the polite way to inform her that I do not remember her while praying that she isn't from that one sorority at the university with so many med students because I was supposed to call a few of them back and legitimately lost their numbers. She shakes her head and speaks, "I suppose it's harder to remember a girl when you haven't seen them naked. I'm Jyna (pronounced Jenna) Kyrokano. My father is Dr. Darius Kyrokano." I take another look at her and am surprised. "He's been asking if you have come by to see him. Well, I won't hold you up. My father will be glad that you came to see Mr. Prince." She bows her head to me before she walks off to continue her rounds. I walk inside and wait for Alexis to enter looking back at her if necessary. Walking into the room, the bed is on the right side of the room and the Live Definition TV is on a business news station. It cuts to commercial as I enter. The PsiCoven commercial comes on as I walk in. To my surprise, he doesn't change the channel. I make myself visible to him and he looks at me. I like at him and all that I can think of is the numerous fights and arguments that we have been in.

Donovan sits up and leans to the side to catch a glimpse of Alexis. His voice is low in volume and slightly raspy when he addresses Alexis. "Hello there, Miss. Since my young son has forgotten his manners, I am Donovan Prince. It is a pleasure to meet you. I did not think you would come, Psyre. Where is your female bodyguard?"

I can't even pull myself to look at him. "I do not know why I am here myself." Donovan would compliment Alexis upon her response causing me to tell her to have a seat. Donovan turns his attention back to me and holds up his hand to her in the signal for stop. "That is not how I raised you to speak to those in your employ, Psyre. That is definitely not how I raised you to speak to women. She is not your dog to command." I interrupt with a fire growing in my temper, "You are done lecturing me, Donovan. Raised me? You were so busy with your precious heir, Donte, that you never made time for me. Antonio raised me. Uncle Antonio loved me for me with all my flaws as a child. He listened to my ideas and let me make my decisions and look at where my decisions have led me. I built my own company from scratch. I found my own sponsor in the Benefactor Group and grew my own clientele. I have accomplished much without any of you." Donovan coughs violently and looks at me, "That you have, my son. I am sorry that you felt so neglected and abandoned. I wanted you to find purpose other than women in your life. I could not trust you to follow through with anything, Psyre. If a party or date with a model or singer or some socialite came up, you would abandon your duties to the company or just not show up to a family function. How does it look upon me if I have to ask my brother to get my son to come to dinner with his family? You are not without your faults, Psyre. As I have mine, you have many of the same. You never answered my question about your bodyguard either. Are you two still dating?" My eyes cut at him as that was something that Alexis would not have known and I did not want her to know. It was no secret that Carmina and I were close, but not that we were lovers. She allowed me my occasional trysts for appearances, but I cared deeply for her. The emotion whirlwind had already begun and I haven't been here for more than five minutes!

923/2149
Upgrade: Defense: Capacity {Mastered} (2149/2500) = 208% Stamina
Back to top Go down
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry
Surreal SaDiablo

Female

PostSubject: Re: The Hospital Visit [Prelude continued]   The Hospital Visit [Prelude continued] EmptyTue Jul 21, 2009 11:12 pm

For a moment I feared my ploy would not work on Psyre and mentally kicked myself for not trying to mystify him to help strengthen his resolve. In the end I was glad to see him turn and head back for the door, even with the comment about hating it when Crystal did the same thing with him.

Before the man can enter the room, an attractive nurse opens the door and begins speaking to Psyre, even calling him by name. What little I know of the man's reputation leads me to assume that this female is a past conquest of his... that is until I see the look on the man's face when he turns to me with that 'Rock' looking eyebrow. It would seem that he had no clue who the woman actually is. After seeing his look, I simply hide the smile playing at my lips and give him a slight shrug to let him know that I would be absolutely no help in this particular situation.

As the interaction between Psyre and the nurse goes on, I stand back and watch with amusement evident on my face. This was certainly interesting. Turns out, the woman wasn't a former lover, but the daughter of some doctor that I assume Psyre knows fairly well. She goes on to excuse herself and carry on with her duties which leaves Psyre free to fully enter his father's room. At this point I hang back in the hallway, until he looks back to me and makes it clear that I am to come in with him. So much for getting to catch a few moments of daytime tv.

That nice feeling that had come over me in the elevator was fading more and more by the second as I stepped into the hospital room and got my first ever glimpse of Donovan Prince. He didn't look like an evil corporate demon, but then again not many would when sitting in a hospital bed surrounded by the machines that are common fixtures in this sort of place. Even though he didn't seem outwardly mean, I still found the man to be intimidating. When he leaned to the side and spoke to me, I was reluctant to answer. Since I didn't think the man would believe that I was a mute, I sent him a polite nod and forced my voice to cooperate.

"Alexis Andrews. Pleased to meet you, sir, though I wish it was under better circumstances."

When Psyre tells me to have a seat, I move past him and take the far seat without question. This visit has nothing to do with me so I blending in to the background while my employer takes care of his personal business doesn't seem wrong to me at all. The elder Prince didn't seem to share my personal view of the matter as he raised his hand to indicate that I should stop my actions and then began to reprimand Psyre. I only paused long enough to hear what Donovan had to say before continuing on and taking the seat as Psyre had suggested. Since my employer immediately interrupts his father and launches into his own defense I don't feel the need to say the words that had come to my mind. While they were much more polite than what Psyre had to say, his were certainly more effective.

As I settled in to the chosen chair, trying halfheartedly not to hear the words exchanged by the two men, my ears pick up on the question about the female bodyguard. I assume that the woman in question is Carmina, based on her position with Psyre and the speculation of their relationship being more than business. The parameters of their personal relationship are none of my business so I do not appear to react at all. In fact, if either man happened to glance my way after the information is let slip, I would appear to be intently reading over the hospital information booklet that is provided in every room. I might as well find out what perks and amenities are available just in case I ever need to be cared for here for longer than a few hours.
Back to top Go down
Psi Prince
Mystic Moogle
Psi Prince

Male

PostSubject: Re: The Hospital Visit [Prelude continued]   The Hospital Visit [Prelude continued] EmptyWed Jul 22, 2009 12:39 am

I couldn't stand the man most of the time, but I find myself tired of always fighting with him. I reach out towards a chair, but stop myself from using my powers to bring the chair to me and instead just go and retrieve the chair physically. Sitting down in the chair with a clear view of Donovan, I realize that he is not going to let the question go, so I answer. "She has betrayed me, Donovan. Are you happy now? To know that the one person I placed above all others has betrayed my trust." Donovan looks at Alexis and asks her if she could pour him a glass of nutrient enhanced water. I look at him and tell him that she is not his servant. "Psyre, you are so worried about losing anything to me that you don't see how polite and caring this girl is. As for the other one, I take no pleasure in the pain and suffering of my own child. Just as I take no pleasure in the pain and suffering of being betrayed by my heir. To think I have always thought that you would be the one to try and decimate Prince Enterprises. I took my father's small little business and made it into a prosperous corporation. Your brother seeks to break it apart and sell it off to the highest bidder. What? No smug look or contemptuous remark? Your mother doesn't even care since with her percentage in the company, she will profit a great deal." He coughs a bit and if Alexis had not already gotten the water, I would connect my eyes with hers and nod towards the water stand.

I smirk and inform the weak looking man, "My original plan was to conquer Prince Enterprises, but I had considered destroying it until I realized just how profitable it could be to PsiCoven, so I've been moving to plan a hostile takeover. It was going to be so much fun..." Donovan responds, "Does it look like I am in any position to stop you? Go ahead and take your desired revenge." I shake my head. "Believe it not, I hate you less than I hate him. The only useful thing your wife ever did was give birth to me. You love her dearly so hurting him will hurt her greatly and thus cause you discomfort and that is enough for me, Donovan." He snickers and shakes his head. "Sayiri is not your mother, Psyre. Why do you think you have none of her features? I had many transgressions in my youth, and you were the result of one of them. Your mother died during childbirth and Sayiri had lost our second child in labor as the umbilical cord could not be removed from her neck. We didn't want to know the gender of the baby, so it was not that difficult to pass you off as her second child. I figure I should absolve my soul of lies before my body shuts down." Normally when people find out that the callous bitch that raised them is not their mother and that their real mother died during childbirth and they were switched, they're kind of upset, but for me, it relieves me. "You are definitely not going to die yet. I want you to witness as I destroy Donte. If you want to spare her then that is on you, but I had the normality of my youth stolen from me by Prince Enterprises and I will not see the sacrifices that I have made be destroyed for nothing more than profit."

I rise and walk over to Donovan's bedside. The whites of my eyes glaze over completely gold and begin to swirl. "Things are beginning to make a lot more sense to me now, Donovan." I begin chanting softly as I place my left hand on his chest and it begins to heat up as my physical contact aids in my mind being able to connect with his body and seek out the root problem. I push out the useless antibiotics and start healing him. I find that if I slow down the healing process, it puts no strain on my body. Interesting. That is very good to know considering how much energy I have already spent during this extremely long day. Once the healing process is finished, he looks at me and apologizes for pushing me away. I turn away from him. "Psyre, don't go yet. Ms. Andrews, you are his assistant I assume? Can you tell me how many shares, my son would need to acquire in order to have a ruling majority on the Prince Enterprises Board of Directors?" I turn and look at him with a puzzled look on my face. Does he know that she's been doing research into his company? What is he playing at here?

862/511
Upgrade: Defense: Capacity {Mastered} (2500/2500) = 208% Stamina
Back to top Go down
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry
Surreal SaDiablo

Female

PostSubject: Re: The Hospital Visit [Prelude continued]   The Hospital Visit [Prelude continued] EmptyWed Jul 22, 2009 1:36 am

The information booklet was not all that interesting, nowhere near interesting enough to keep my ears from hearing Psyre's answer about Carmina, which causes a slight shudder to run through my body. No matter what Crystal had said to me before leaving the office, I still felt like everything that happened was at least partially my fault. It caused my heart pain to hear Psyre's words as he asks his father if he is happy to know that the person put above all others has betrayed him, but I refuse to let that show in my expression, though I am still inept at keeping my eyes blank.

Thankfully the elder Prince offered a distraction by asking if I would pour him a glass of enriched water. Despite Psyre's objections I would rise from my seat and silently see to the sick man's request. Once the water is poured I unwrap a straw, careful not to touch anything other than the paper covering and slip it into the cup so Donovan wouldn't have to shift his position to take a drink. Carrying the cup, an inch of the straw paper still covering where his mouth would go, I move around my employer and take the drink to the side of the man's bed.

Just as the older man coughs, I arrive at his bedside and consider whether to hand the cup over or to assist him with it. Since he had just finished coughing, and I remember that coughing can sometimes leave you feeling weak and shaky, I decide that I would initially hold the cup for him and allow him to take it whenever he felt strong enough. Pulling the paper away from the tip, I lean over the bed just enough for the hand holding the cup and steadying the straw to reach the man's mouth. While Psyre responds to the business discussion currently going on, I would watch his father making sure he got the hydration he needed. When he was ready to continue the conversation, I would bring the cup away from his mouth unless he took it into his hands. If he took control of the drink himself, I would turn and head back to my seat. If not, I would stay where I was and wait just in case he needed anything else. By the time Psyre rises and comes to stand by the bed, I step back to give them some amount of privacy. I was shocked to see my employer reach out and appear to be giving his father the same care that he had given Crystal only a short while earlier. The sight brought tears to my eyes but I did not let them fall.

Spending the majority of my childhood without parents, I couldn't help but be interested in the back and forth between these two obviously proud men. Was the father son dynamic always like this with strong males or was it just these two? Would I have ever come to speak to my father like Psyre was speaking to his? Would my father have ignored me as I was growing up to favor and focus on my older siblings? Since I would never know the answers to these questions... and because the present father in the room had just directed another question my way... I pushed the thoughts from my head to calculate the figures requested in my head. Since my morning had been spent pouring over the information on Prince Enterprises, the stock holding numbers associated with Psyre were fresh in my mind. I knew my answer would probably not be what Psyre was expecting to hear, given that he had not yet seen the dossier I was preparing, I only hoped he would not see this new information as my keeping things from him.

"Just over 38% more would give him ruling majority on the board."

While Psyre himself held almost 20% of the 60.1% he would need to achieve this, the dossier contains all of paperwork for the 2.3% I had recently purchased in Saito's name to secure an invitation to the annual stock holders meeting. As I spoke the answer Donovan had asked for I kept my eyes strategically placed to avoid any gaze sent my way from Psyre.
Back to top Go down
Psi Prince
Mystic Moogle
Psi Prince

Male

PostSubject: Re: The Hospital Visit [Prelude continued]   The Hospital Visit [Prelude continued] EmptyWed Jul 22, 2009 3:00 am

Donovan felt stronger after I projected the healing capabilities of my own mind into his body to rejuvenate him. Looking over at me, he smiles. "Your mother had the same warmth, Psyre. I don't want to die in my office with one son hating me and the other having betrayed me. Whether I said it enough or not, I have always loved you, my son, and I have always been proud of your tenacity. You have done what I have always wanted and that is take responsibility for your life and live for something other than frivolous trysts. True granted it was done to spite me, but it was done nonetheless. Do you remember the book, I used to read you as a boy, "The Prince" that was written long ago?" I smirk and nod to him. "It detailed many lessons on how to lead and rule. I used that book and The Art of War to discern how I would extract my revenge on you. Now that revenge doesn't seem to provide any sort of pleasure for me." Donovan shakes his head at me, "Simply shift targets. I have a proposal for you, Psyre. Despite your outbursts and anger, you never renounced your name as a Prince. My health cannot handle the stress of dealing with your brother, but you already have the drive to confront him. Have your benevolent executive assistant here sit down with Mariella and I will sell you my 30% controlling interest in Prince Enterprises and release the last will in testament from your uncle which will grant you his 25% interest and ruling control over the Board in exchange for 10% interest in PsiCoven and severance packages for terminated Prince Enterprises employees of my choosing. You currently have around 22% and from Antonio's will and my sale, you will have over 75% controlling interest of Prince Enterprises. All I ask of you is that you not destroy what your uncle and I gave up so much to build and that you not turn your wrath upon Sayiri in your revenge on your brother. I would also request that you not leave your brother with nothing. While he has wronged me with his ambition and disrespect, he is still your brother and my son and I have made enough mistakes with you. If you require total victory over him then provide him a living allowance which you control to sustain that victory. Show me that you still possess some compassion in your heart. Will you accept these terms?"

I look down at him with deeper shock. Of all the things I could have anticipated, this was never one of them and I am left speechless. He wants me to show Donte mercy! Of all the things to ask of me. Of all the people to ask it for. I could spare Sayiri as she was merely a tool to hurt him, but my loathing of Donte is personal and very deeply entrenched in my heart. Given that he has stood out against me far too many times and betrayed Donovan, I cannot see the purpose to showing him any kindness. "If I accept these terms, Prince Enterprises will be merged with PsiCoven. What would you like the new company to be called?" He looks at me and says, "Psi comes from the old tongue and regards to matters of the mind and you have always been brilliant and strategic in your thoughts when you've wanted to be. You are still a Prince, so Psi Prince Strategic Solutions what do you think about that name, Ms. Andrews?" I nod to him before she answers then turn to hear her input about it. Psi Prince... I kinda like that, but I kinda don't. Addressing Donovan again, I speak aloud, "If you want to financially survive this takeover, I want the Tower. In exchange, I'll include the ownership docs for the Security Force Facility which the company will in turn pay you to operate in. That is the only way I will spare him." Donovan looks at me and smiles, "That is an aggressive stance, Psyre. Who taught you to negotiate so ferociously?" I pause for a moment as he probably expects me to name Antonio but in fact my uncle helped me become a kinder businessman. I respond softly, "My father did." It is clear that he is taken aback by the comment. It had been over a year since I had disowned my family and that was surely the first time I had called him by his paternal title. Nodding to me with a teary eyed smile, he confirms, "I accept those terms, my son. Alexis, you will be handling the paperwork I assume." I nod to her. "You have the same deadline to get all of this done. Thank you, Alexis. I am reminded of your great value to me." Donovan chimes in, "You're a fool to be able to ever forget the value of one like this." I tell her to take all of this down in notes on her phone so that she knows what to get handled. As soon as she is ready, my father would begin to give her several points of contacts and specific details of what she will need to get things handled in an expedient, efficient manner. Watching her work, I actually begin to give serious consideration to offering her a new position, but my wager with Crystal... hmm...

964/1475

Relinquish: PsiCoven Security Force Facility (Warehouse x2)
Acquire: Psi Prince Tower (High Rise - Fully leased out)
Back to top Go down
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry
Surreal SaDiablo

Female

PostSubject: Re: The Hospital Visit [Prelude continued]   The Hospital Visit [Prelude continued] EmptyWed Jul 22, 2009 3:46 am

Luckily Psyre did not seem affected at all by the figure I gave his father, either he had already found a way to learn about what I had done or he honestly didn't know the exact percentage he controlled. Whichever was the case, I was glad that I would not be called out in front of his father for not mentioning the purchase sooner. When the older man began to outline terms of an agreement that would put his son in a definitive controlling position over Prince Enterprises, I recognized the importance in making note of the terms. To avoid drawing attention to myself or seeming too eager, I access my telekinesis and using that paired with my memorization of the phone keypad, I start to list out what was offered by the elder Prince.

While I am still trying to focus on the notes being taken in my pocket, the two men discuss a new name for the merged companies. Donovan comes up with Psi Prince Strategic Solutions and before I can hide the look of uncertainty on my face, I am asked what I think of the new name. Unable to be brutally honest like I am sure these two would have no trouble with, I merely shake my head and answer as truthfully as I my manners will allow. "I like how it incorporates part of each of the original names, but beyond that I think it is something that will have to grow on me. I am afraid that I will find myself claiming to work for Psi Coven for a number of weeks after everything is official."

Just as I was about to exit out of the note pad application on my phone, at least I hope that I successfully opened the note pad app, Psyre voices yet another term of the deal for his father to consider. While this is being discussed, I take the time to go ahead and add the new terms to the notes. Just as I was telekinetically hitting the last few letters, Donovan addresses me yet again, mentioning that he assumes I will be taking care of the paperwork. While I had been in charge of the dossier preparation, I was not sure about being the one to handle this. Thankfully Psyre turns and nods to me to confirm before informing me that I will keep the same deadline... wait, same deadline means that while I had two weeks to prepare the dossier I now have one week and two days to get the papers in order for the whole takeover? In what world is that fair? Last I checked I was not working for some sweat shop in a third world country for a couple coins an hour. I was a bit overwhelmed to say the least but I knew I would end up letting the pressure of the deadline to push me into completing this assignment. Since I was no longer focusing on keeping my emotions in check, the compliments from both Prince men brings a bright blush to my cheeks as I murmur my thanks.

When Psyre suggests that I make a note of this conversation on my phone, I pull the device from my pocket and show him the already half filled screen... after checking to make sure it was indeed the right program and that every word was at least legible enough for me to translate later. Since I already had the terms outlined, I let Donovan know that I was ready to take down the rest of what he needed to pass on and manually entered the remaining information.
Back to top Go down
Psi Prince
Mystic Moogle
Psi Prince

Male

PostSubject: Re: The Hospital Visit [Prelude continued]   The Hospital Visit [Prelude continued] EmptyWed Jul 22, 2009 4:58 am

Outside of the hospital room, one of the nurses that noticed me walk into the hospital room approaches Jyna and asks, "Was that Psyre Prince?" Jyna looks at her and speaks plainly, "That family has been thru a lot so don't throw yourself at him when his father is hospitalized." The other nurse speaks softly and asks her if she knows how much she could make for exclusive photos of the reunion of the Princes after the public disputes between the family. Jyna steps towards her and the nurse cowers back. Jyna walks away wanting to check in on us to make sure that things are well, so she heads back over to the room. When the door opens, the three of us are discussing business terms and Donovan looks at me and tells me, "Psyre, you should definitely get Jyna here as your doctor." She tells my father that she is not a doctor but a registered nurse. I ask her if she would like to be kept on retainer with my company. She tells me that she is already on retainer with Prince Enterprises along with her father and I tell her that soon enough, she will be on retainer with the Psi Voli Strategic Operations Corps... I like that name more. Psi Voli SOC. Donovan pauses and nods. "It's exotic. I like it." Jyna pulls me off to the side while Donovan and Alexis are going over logistics for the deal.

The nurse tells me that I am probably going to want to leave in order to escape this being a paparazzi spectacle. I look at her and she tells me that one of the other nurses recognized me and wants to make a quick buck calling the press hounds to get pictures of this moment. I could not allow that to happen because it would give Donte a heads up to try and contest Uncle Antonio's will in order to make sure that even with my father's interest, I would not have veto power. Looking over at my father with a saddened expression, he smirks and tells me that we still have time to speak when it doesn't interfere with business. Making sure that Prince Enterprises survives is of greater importance than spending an extra hour together. "Alexis, we're leaving. You will have to meet with Mariella via the Realm. We have to go. Rest well, Father. We have a lot of catching up to do soon." He nods to me and reaches out for Alexis' hand to kiss the back of it. Once she finishes with the current notes, we would be heading out quickly and quietly. I would not appear to be myself when I step out of the room as I would look like my father's accountant. It would be a subtle shift so thankfully he has a similar build as I do. So this is what else I can do with the Mystify power. I can lure people into believing that I am not myself but someone else. Interesting little illusion that I can create. I like this one. Once we make it to the elevator, I would thank Jyna and tell her to look after my father for me. She nods and I walk onto the elevator for Alexis and I to leave.

583/1308
Unlock: Seer: Illusionary Bewitch {Honed} (750/750)

Back to top Go down
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry
Surreal SaDiablo

Female

PostSubject: Re: The Hospital Visit [Prelude continued]   The Hospital Visit [Prelude continued] EmptyWed Jul 22, 2009 6:18 pm

Before Donovan and I are finished going over the details and contacts I will need to get the paperwork in order for this impromptu exchange of assets, the nurse from before comes in and takes Psyre to the side to speak with him about something that doesn't appear to be all that pleasurable. Since I am fully focused on what the Prince patriarch is telling me, I am not able to catch any snippets of the hushed conversation.

Barely catching the looks exchanged between father and son, I assume the news delivered by the nurse is not good at all. From the older gentleman's words I pretty much know that our visit here has reached its end. Psyre's comment about us leaving only confirms my assumptions. Wrapping up the last bit of information I was given, I close out the note saving application and slip my phone back into the front pocket of my jacket. When Donovan reaches out to take my hand and apply a soft kiss to it, I blush slightly and lower my eyes. "It has been a pleasure meeting you, Mr. Prince. I will contact Mariella as soon as possible to get the process started. Thank you."

With that said, I step away from the hospital bed and move to follow Psyre... who has just proved that he and I share yet another little trick by altering his appearance... out the door and to the bank of elevators. While waiting for the elevator to arrive, I pull out my phone once more and type out a quick email to my stock guy telling him to draft up the necessary forms for the transfer of Saito's shares. I couldn't connect with Mariella just yet but getting this small issue out of the way made me feel as if I was at least doing something to get everything under way.
Back to top Go down
Psi Prince
Mystic Moogle
Psi Prince

Male

PostSubject: Re: The Hospital Visit [Prelude continued]   The Hospital Visit [Prelude continued] EmptyFri Jul 24, 2009 4:08 pm

The elevator door closes and the illusion is dropped since the target is no longer in sight of me. To Jyna and Alexis I would appear the same as Jyna would have been completely freaked out and confused and that is more explaining than I care to do at the moment. Without even turning to Alexis, I address her in a firm, almost cold tone, "Speak of this matter to no one except for Crystal. This information cannot get out to the public. I want to see Donte and Sayiri's face when I show up to the next board meeting. Oh and all of your stuff will be moved to the Luxury Suites, Suite 303, tomorrow while you're at work. Crystal will have your keys ready when you leave the office. Don't worry, they won't disturb anyone or break anything. That should remove all primary distractions for you to be able to focus on this assignment. I want this deal done and waiting on my signature when I return." Once we get to the lobby floor, I see paparazzi approaching, so we move out the side exit where the car is waiting. I hop in quickly and once Alexis is inside, we would drive off calmly, but quickly to get away from them.

Once the goon squad reached the tenth floor, they would find no one there and the nurse would be singled out when they are asked that why they are causing such a commotion. There would definitely be consequences for that and she knew it. Jyna looks at her and shakes her head. The Chief Resident nurse tells the other nurse to go home until the Hospital Administrator could deal with things here. Jyna walks in to check on Donovan, While she has other patients, it's no secret to anyone that her priority is to my father. Her checking in on other patients is a courtesy since the Kyrokano family have a private clinic in Northern Heights, but it lacks the level of technological sophistication found here at Saicity Metro.

Inside the truck, I contact Crystal to bring her up to speed on everything. The holo dialer creates an image of her sitting across from us in her female business suit with her legs crossed. Her hair is braided into an intricately designed bun. She tells me that Mr. Coremanti is sending over a security team to perform a sweep and oversee things while I'm gone. I tell her that I wanted things handled in house and she tells me that this is in-house. The security team is a team that I helped put together for Mr. Coremanti months ago. He is sending them to help with restructuring my internal security operations. When she says the term "internal security" I smile and tell her that I like that concept. I tell her that I'll dropping Alexis off at the office then going to get a massage, and she laughs, but understands. This had been a very tiring and trying day for me. So many twists and turns in this day. I just want to relax for a bit.

- EXIT RP -

546/604
EXP = 604
PWC = 8604 to Corporate Path

Unlock: Seer: Illusionary Bewitch {Honed} (750/750)
Job Credit: Boss 5/5 (1250/1250)

Back to top Go down
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry
Surreal SaDiablo

Female

PostSubject: Re: The Hospital Visit [Prelude continued]   The Hospital Visit [Prelude continued] EmptySat Jul 25, 2009 8:46 pm

Updated Psyre
Back to top Go down
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry
Surreal SaDiablo

Female

PostSubject: Re: The Hospital Visit [Prelude continued]   The Hospital Visit [Prelude continued] EmptySun Jul 26, 2009 5:56 am

After the elevator doors close behind us and Psyre returns to his normal appearance, I am slightly taken aback by the cold tone in which he addresses me. Instead of speaking up immediately and letting my attitude show, I remain silent while he continues to speak. This gives me the extra moment or two to calm myself before finally voicing my response.

"I understand, you have my word that I will speak of this to no one besides Crystal and Mariella, it will be my only priority until it is complete. Thank you for informing me of the moving date, I will be sure to let my host know that I will only be occupying his couch for one more night. My things are packed and ready in my bedroom at the old apartment but my bedroom door is locked and deadbolted. Is there anyone I should give those keys to so they can gain entrance easily?"

Once safely in the car and driving away from the hospital, I rest my head against the back of the seat and let out a soft sigh. I would be very busy over the next week with the details of this deal, my only hope was that the drama that seemed to pop up at the most inopportune times would take a holiday and leave me in peace long enough to get this job done. While Psyre and Crystal have their pow wow, I let my thoughts wander off. They wouldn't be frolicking in a meadow of fragrant flowers or hiking over snow covered mountain trails. Instead my wandering thoughts were busy outlining the major steps of the new task at hand. Daydreaming could wait until business was concluded.
Back to top Go down
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry
Surreal SaDiablo

Female

PostSubject: Re: The Hospital Visit [Prelude continued]   The Hospital Visit [Prelude continued] EmptyThu Oct 01, 2009 5:38 pm

Updated by Kyro
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Hospital Visit [Prelude continued]   The Hospital Visit [Prelude continued] Empty

Back to top Go down

The Hospital Visit [Prelude continued]
Page 1 of 1