Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

H2H Content Site ( Mirror ) - New Content Added 11/22!

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Blast Away the Pain

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Antifreke
Mystic Moogle
Antifreke

Female
Number of posts : 2378
Rep! : 18
Registration date : 2009-03-03

Blast Away the Pain Empty
PostSubject: Blast Away the Pain   Blast Away the Pain EmptyWed Aug 05, 2009 9:34 am

Prologue :
The sounds were deafening. So deafening, she could barely hear them over the ringing in her ears. The explosions and blasts and bullets; it seemed no matter how fast she ran, how far behind they became, the noise was relentless. Lauren dared not slow down, as if the next danger was trailing on her heels, waiting to destroy her and what she hold dear. Her once elegant dress, tattered and stained from the soot and dirt of the explosion she barely escaped, tore further on the wild brush and branches of the forest as she ran through the trees. She couldn’t stop; no matter how pained and weak her legs became, how hard it seemed to push air in and out of her lungs, she could not stop. If she did, even for a moment, they may find her – find them. She couldn’t let that happen. The only words she had left in her mind were “Run!!!”, a simple order given to her by none other than her Spirit guardian, Sanzon.
After what seemed like an eternity, she finally felt it was safe to pause. Amongst the thick woodland, she was certain none would be able to find her; and when she looked back, she could barely see her friend’s home being torn apart by the horrific weapons of war. She sat down against a huge tree trunk, pressing herself into the shrubs surrounding her, trying to be as still and quiet as possible, though her gasping lungs helped her little. She lifted a hand to brush strings of long, dirty brown hair out of her face and tore off the thin piece of jeweled metal around her head that was her hairpiece. If by chance she were still to be found, she wanted as little evidence as possible to point to her as being who she really was. The pale, delicate human skin of her face was sullied with black patches of dirt, mixed with the sweat of exhaustion.
It wasn’t long before her fears came to reality. A light, raspy voice muttered behind her.
“Ah!” She yelped as a violent arm grabbed the tattered dress of her shoulder and pulled her to her feet, out of the thick brush. She struggled, deathly clutching at the trees to propel her forward. Sanzon had not shown up, probably still in combat back at the manor.
“Lookit what I found!” The smug, grin of a red haired vampire laughed inches away from her face. His fangs were all too evident in his contemptuous expression and he stunk of gunpowder and blood.
“Let me go, you trash!” She demanded furiously, and kicked him square in the crotch.
The imperious look of his face quickly changed to that of anger and pain as he lost grip of her and moved to hold himself, hunching over in defeat. “You… bitch…!” He muttered through clenched teeth.
She gave him one last kick to the face, knocking him to the ground, and turned to flee, knowing he wasn’t alone. She only got a few feet before another one of those creatures stepped out in front of her. When she stumbled and tried to take off in another direction, there was another… then another… and another. Suddenly she was surrounded by nearly a dozen enemy soldiers. All with the same red hair, the same grunt garb and the same smug look on their faces. They knew damn well who she was… and they weren’t about to let her get away.
Her head twisted from side to side, swinging long, stringy locks with every movement, desperately trying to find an opening… but they closed in on her too fast. She was trapped. “No…” She said under her breath, panic setting in. She struggled and screamed as they began to grab her.
“Bornis! Take her to the camp! And see to it she get their unscathed!” Their leader shouted and they began to carry her off. It wasn’t long before they arrived even deeper in the woods, where a large encampment had been made, the woman kicking and fighting the whole way. Even as she protectively covered her wounds, she managed to kick one of them in the jaw and bite a good, bloody mark in the arm of another, but it wasn’t enough to win her freedom.
They entered the camp and brought her down into what looked like an old, lost set of ruins, where the screams and cries of dozens of other captives being kept in tiny cages echoed throughout the halls. They threw her into one of the empty cages. Three of them entered as well and stood around her, eying her… proud of their capture. She was far underground, and could smell death all around her.
“Well, this is quite a surprise, Lady Lauren. Had I known you’d be our guest of honor I might have prepared you some crumpets and cheese logs.” The middle one, who seemed to be their leader, said with a sarcastic grin. The lot of them laughed priggishly at her dismay.
She pressed her back against the wall and looked up at them with a stern, angry face. Though her fear was at a height it had never been before, she dare not let it be known to these cretins.
“Ahh… no sense of humor?” He snickered.
“When Sanzon gets here, you will all be dead.” With that, she turned away from them and stared at the wall. “
[910]

Back to top Go down
Antifreke
Mystic Moogle
Antifreke

Female

PostSubject: Re: Blast Away the Pain   Blast Away the Pain EmptyWed Aug 05, 2009 10:22 am

Part 1 : Celebration of the Night
I had spent the day in laziness, watching Lauren get ready for her best friend’s birthday party. Angela, the one who had taken care of me after the incident a few weeks ago, was turning eighteen. It was supposed to be a great time in their short lives. I had received an invitation as well, so I figured it would be best to at least make an appearance tonight. I pulled my hair back and shook my head, relaxing with a bit of nostalgia. I couldn’t remember how old I was. Oh well, no reason to sweat the small stuff, right? I sat in Lauren’s room, dressed simply for the night. I wore a pair of white black pants, an open black vest, and a white dress shirt that was buttoned halfway up. She ran a brush through my hair, attempting to organize the tangled mess. I never brushed it, and with its length at its current state, it was a disaster. Several painful jerks and a couple whiny remarks later, and I looked almost presentable.
Standing at the doorway and waiting for her to tell her father good bye, I watched the two of them interact. He was short with his words, and something seemed slightly off. I couldn’t really put my finger on it, but it just didn’t sit right with me. I ignored it for now, and Lauren grabbed my arm to pull me out the door.
“Hurry up lazy! We’re gonna be late!”

The car was waiting out front, so we quickly piled into it. She had the gift for Angela, along with the one that I had decided to get her. It was strange to buy people things every year, but I guess that it was something that they were used to. It only took me hours to figure out what to get her. I wasn’t really her friend or anything, and I barely knew the girl, besides the fact that she saved my life. Finally, Lauren had got her two things, and we decided to say one of them was from me. Thank god for her covering my ass again. I laughed lightly to myself, curious to see how this birthday thing was going to work out.
Angela was another high class girl, just like Lauren. We were in the car for a good fifteen minutes before stopping near the edge of the district. The vast forests could be seen off in the distance. Slowly, we came to a halt before a large gate, which slowly opened at our presence. We moved through it, allowing me my first view of her manor. It was a very well built structure, and something about it made me smile. Maybe it was the griffins on the corners of the building, or maybe it was something else, but I liked it. We stopped in front of the main steps, where we both exited the vehicle. She said good bye to Walter, the driver, and told him what time to pick us up tomorrow. Apparently this was an all night event for the girls and me, as I could stay in my feline form.
We moved up the stairs and into the main hall, where one of the butlers took our things. I kept my vest on, and looked to the left. There was music and the sound of socializing coming from what was probably normally used for a dining hall. The tables had been removed, and there was a large host of people inside dancing, and having a great time. I smiled at Lauren as she grabbed my hand and drug me into the darkness. Lights flashed everywhere, and beams of colors bounced off the walls. It was a frantic experience for me, but nothing that I couldn’t handle. The night went on in this manner. We had dinner, ate cake and ice cream, and got to watch Angela open her presents. She really enjoyed the one that I got her, which I had no idea what it really was until after she had opened it. Apparently scarves are the trend this season, so that’s what Lauren had got her and I said I had.
Slowly, around midnight, the guys began to disappear. I went upstairs with Lauren, Angela, and the rest of their friends. As soon as I was alone, I shifted back into my feline form. I shook my shoulders out and came back from the spare side corridor. Running as fast as I could to catch up to the girls, one of them quickly picked me up, holding me up in front of her to look me over.
“Angela! When did you get a cat!?! Its sooo cute!”
Lauren looked at me with a sad face, knowing that I was about to go ape this on this girl. Purring lightly, I tried to be nice and civil. It was, after all, a celebration. Angela walked over and gently took me from her friend.
“A birthday gift from the parents, I love it.”
She gently carried me to their room where the girls spread out and began to unpack and relax. I was sat down on her bed, and Lauren sat down beside me. “
“It won’t be long, and then you can change back. She has a room for a few of us down the hall.”
I nodded my head lightly while looking at her. I was patient enough for a while, so I curled up in a ball on Angela’s pillow and watched the girls. They talked about school gossip and drama inside their friends. I heard discussions about their favorite teachers, and what classes they would be signing up for at the college this semester. It was just one of those things, and it was really nice to see Lauren relaxing so much. Around an hour into it, the girls started to go to sleep. It was probably one or two in the morning anyway. When Angela, Lauren, and their two other friends were the only ones left, I shifted back into my human form. I hated referring to it as that, but it is the only way they would understand it. I flexed lightly, straightening my vest.
“You should be getting some sleep..”
“We know.. lets get down the hall to our room.. and be quiet..”
I followed the girls down the hallway to their main set of guestrooms. There were two on each side, and there was a large bathroom between the two. I moved into the side with Lauren and Angela, while her other friends took the opposite side. They quickly got into the bed, and before I could think of what I wanted for breakfast, they were already asleep. [1120 / 2030]
Back to top Go down
Antifreke
Mystic Moogle
Antifreke

Female

PostSubject: Re: Blast Away the Pain   Blast Away the Pain EmptyWed Aug 05, 2009 11:20 am

Part Duex : Dancing Flames!
I rested my head beside Lauren’s. It had been at least two weeks since we had slept in the same bed. I could feel her warmth from here. Slowly, I closed my eyes and counted the days I had been in this realm. My energy was beginning to come back, and I was already preparing to make my first move back to the other world. I could hear myself dreaming, remembering the feelings that I had when I stayed in the other realm. My master had been killed, my love had been taken from me, and my brother betrayed me for his own personal gain. I shot out of my sleep at the sound of a large whistling noise. It sounded familiar..
A large blast rocked the house. I could feel the floor rumble. Glass broke, pictures hit the floor, and the entire place was instantly in disarray. Rumbling engines came through the front gate, and the sound of breaking metal hit my ears. Screams from all over the large mansion took to my ears. Lauren had woken up, and Angela had moved into the room with us. Her other two friends and several of the other girls relocated to here. A roar of chaotic laughs filled the courtyard, followed by screams and explosions. It wasn’t long before gunfire accompanied it. I looked at the balcony window as a strange being landed on it. He had long black hair, and a weird set of fangs. He looked at me as I jumped in front of the girls. I turned to Lauren and her friends..
“RUN!!!”

I charged forward, pulling out my full power. He went to move, but before he could, I darted into him. He dug his claws into me, and flipped backwards, taking me off of the second story balcony with him. The courtyard was filled with what looked like an old school marauder group. I hit the ground and rolled to the side. There were at least twenty men here. Two vehicle disappeared around the side, so there had to be more. A wave of fire hit the side of the yard, scorching the grass and plants. I stared at all of these people as they slowly took their attention off of the manor and towards me. I stepped forward onto the one I had put into the ground, and planted my foot into his neck. I could feel his spinal column break underneath the pressure, and his final gasp came shortly after.

“Out of the way spirit, we are here for the girl!!!”
“What girl?!”
“The daughter of the Princierro family! We know you are in there Lauren!!”
What had her father done? Was he really that hated in the underworld? Who would go through such great trouble to capture her and at what length would they still reach?
“Sorry, but I can not allow that. Lauren is with me!”
“Then you’ll just have to die!”

The wave of energy silenced my ears for a moment before it overcame my body. I felt the front doors, solid wood and engraved with metal, crumble and fold as my body was pressed through them. I hit the ground and bounced through another wall. Screams hit my ears as the girls ran towards the back and down the stairs. I stood to my feet and Angela and Lauren came around the corner.
“They’re after you! RUN!!”

Angela grabbed her hand and went the opposite direction as everyone else. Maybe there was a secret path to the woods or something. I had no idea what they were planning on doing, but I did know this. If they didn’t get out of here, we would have a huge problem. I was unsure whether or not I would even be able to get out of here. I struggled to my feet, disoriented from the wave of energy that had hit me. The man who had sent it stood in the doorway. I pulled my arm backwards and thrust it towards him. A bolt of lightning erupted across the entrance hall of the great manor. I could smell the burning wood around us as they began to torch the place. I hoped that the girls and Angela’s family had made it out alive and before anything could have happened. The bolt of lightning missed its target, and he moved himself up onto the wall. His body bounced, as if flying, up onto the balcony above me. I drew my arm back, sending another bolt , but still it missed. A piece of the ceiling caved in, covering the doorway. That mother fucker was stuck with me now. I ran forward, hopping up the stairs four at a time while moving at full capacity. I turned, and he was right in my face. I exhaled, drawing a negative charge as he grabbed me. Inhaling in a short burst, I grabbed onto him as well while he tried to throw me off of the balcony. Forcing a charge through his body, he screeched, barring what seemed to be a pair of protruding fans. What type of creature was this?
He let go of me, stunned that I had a trick like that of my sleeve. Drawing my fist back, I erupted it forward, and planted my bone knuckles right into the side of his face. His body rolled to the side and fell down the stairs. I ran up the side of the balcony and leapt into the air over him. As his body came to a stop, I pushed my arm forward. A bolt of lightning fell through the caved ceiling, striking the creature in its entirety. His scream was weathered down by the roar of the flames around me. I stood there, covering my face and taking a knee. As of right now, the door was blocked and the halls were filled with flames. I had no way out, and only a hope that Lauren and her family were okay. If they were here, then I would hate to know what was going on at her place.
I looked through the flames at another being as he stood there, watching me. His hand slowly raised and he pointed, extending a thumb upwards, then moving it down.
“Lightning Tiger! I know that’s you in there!! If her father wants her alive, he knows what to do!! Assuming you make it out of there alive, that is!!”

He was right. As of this moment, I had no way out. There were beams landing on all sides of me, and nothing I could do would save me right now. Moving backwards, I thought back to the guest bedroom. I moved my way up the fiery staircase, dodging flames and debris while trying to find a path to the bedroom. As soon as I was in the hallway, I ran straight down it at full speed. There was a window at the end of the hall, looking out across the vast forest. My energy was wavering from the deadly gasses of the fires around me. This place wasn’t going to last much longer, anyone could have figured that one out. Pressing my body into the glass, it shattered under the pressure of my weight, folding into hundreds of shards of reflective light that danced in a beautiful array of reds and yellows. I floated through the air above the side of the mansion for a moment before falling into the garden below. I rolled for several feet, and simply just laid there, waiting. I was sore, everything hurt, and I had no energy or will to do anything right now.

I could feel a hand roll me over, pulling me to my feet.
“Sanzon!! Where have they taken her?!”
I slowly opened my eyes to see Lauren’s father. There were officials everywhere. None of them had noticed the dead looking body in the garden, but her father knew exactly who I was.
“get me out of here..”
He threw me over his shoulder and carried me to their vehicle outside of the manor. Her mother was waiting in it, crying hysterically. He handed me a drink and a piece of a steak sub. I took it graciously, and didn’t waste time devouring it. Afterwards, I told them the entire thing from front to back. He was infuriated, but not nearly as much as his wife. Angela’s parents had made it to Lauren’s, along with Angela and a lot of their friends. Lauren had sent them the other way, and used herself as bait to protect them.
“Sanzon.. please.. save my little girl..”
His words had passion and meaning. He truly cared for Lauren, and I could feel that. I popped my arm, feeling the bruises across it. I didn’t know if I had the energy left to pull this thing off, but that was worthless for a thought. It didn’t matter if I had the energy to save her, I was going to. [1496 / 3529]
Back to top Go down
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry
Surreal SaDiablo

Female
Number of posts : 3123
Rep! : 257
Registration date : 2009-01-03

PostSubject: Re: Blast Away the Pain   Blast Away the Pain EmptyFri Aug 07, 2009 12:48 am

Updated
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Blast Away the Pain   Blast Away the Pain Empty

Back to top Go down

Blast Away the Pain
Page 1 of 1