Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

H2H Content Site ( Mirror ) - New Content Added 11/22!

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Sink Beneath The Line

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Themeless
Veteran
Themeless

Male
Number of posts : 884
Rep! : 20
Registration date : 2009-08-06

Sink Beneath The Line Empty
PostSubject: Sink Beneath The Line   Sink Beneath The Line EmptySat Aug 22, 2009 4:02 am

Shou had decided to accompany Yon tonight in the streets of the lower commons, during one of the human's watches. The oni had once questioned why these patrols were so persistent, why Yon continued to do what he did with no real rewards handed to him. Just as easy to join Division 12 and make a living of it.
"Yeck.. I could never work for an organization, I don't think. Nah, I'm much more free than that. And I do it for a good conscience. Whether you can believe that corny bullshit or not, I do it to save lives. With each demon I can take out.. countless human lives are being saved." Shou sort of understood the position where Yon was coming from, even if he was a demon himself, though he would never attack the city nor the humans to bring about the man's attention. In his own mind, he figured that the human race was one worth continuing, a world he wouldn't mind coming to live in. The earth realm was certainly an entertaining one.
For the moment, they had simply posted up, sitting on the pavement of a sidewalk with their backs pressed against the brick wall of a small diner down at the corner. A street lamp hung straight above their heads with dim illumination. Their conversations mostly revolved around Shou questioning Yon, receiving detailed answers each time from the human who seemed to know all there was about the world.
This night, though, Yon heard the tales Shou was getting into, listening attentively with a smirk. The oni was allowing himself human experiences on Earth, even going so far as attending Club Hype, a place even Yon would rarely go to, and hooking up with the women there. "Your race.. its something I wouldn't mind fighting for." Shou stated suddenly and Yon blinked. Up until this point, he only figured the oni was tagging along to get strength, to fight for whatever chaotic purposes. It wasn't a rare thing for a demon to kill other demons, but to completely side against them..
"Would you?" Yon asked, glancing outwards into the night, wondering if such a thing was possible. Perhaps it wasn't unheard of amongst other humans, but he couldn't think of any examples. "Better yet.. could you? I always thought demons were naturally evil.. that's why you guys are demons. Because you did some evil in life."
Shou chuckled lightly. "That must be true.. this fire I conjure is only the burning desire for chaos. But, within that chaos, I will help you humans." The oni came to smirk, looking towards Yon now, catching the human's attention as he met the other's eyes. "Fighting other oni is where the fun's at. Especially when I get to the real stronger ones!" He laughed, eager for the days when he would come to stand before the higher order spirits and engage in the amazing dance of battle with them. The oni stood up to his feet, much too spirited now to remain sitting as he looked out towards the quiet air.
"Tell you what, though.. I could seriously go for a demon appearance right about now. I'm not gonna get the chance to train my abilities if nothing comes through." The oni pushed away from the building and began walking out towards the street of the place. Yon blinked, watching him. "Damn demons.. come out all ready!" Shou shouted, firing off a blast of fire into the air. It wasn't always when he would grow so impatient, but the more time wasted was.. well, more time wasted. He blasted off another flame into the air.
"Oh? That same fire..?" A voice suddenly came from behind him, an instant later Yon shouted, "Look out!" While leaping towards him. The human gripped his shoulder and roughly drew him away from the spot, causing Shou to stumble to the side a bit, working his feet to turn his body and face that source of the voice. His eyes widened.
The flame demon had appeared once more, a wicked grin on the man's expression. "I was wondering when I would see your fire again.. it looks stronger! How exciting!"
Yon glanced to Shou, raising a brow. "Someone you know?" The human then looked forward, spinning his staff within his grasp. "Don't get too carried away. I've never seen someone look so happy to die." The flame demon turned to regard the human with the threatening words and chuckled. "A two on one? These, I'm not unuse to."
"Hmph.. I don't think you've ever fought someone like me.. Divine powers that are, constrict my opponent!" The human clapped his hands together and a slim line shot outwards from him, glowing of light as it attached to the form of the demon, his own body being outlined in a similar shine. Shou recognized the bind technique and moved forward himself now too, taking the opportunity to get in close to his opponent. It was time to test out his ability against the very person he had witnessed it from, the higher fire demon.
"Temperatures, rise, and strike my opponent!" Shou yelled, coming just before the bound demon. He thrusted both of his hands in front of him, the technique coming in the form of heat waves that blasted into the demon. Its head was thrown back but the rest of its body was bound in place as it was forced to endure the entirety of the attack up close.
"Ah.. so the little demon's gotten a little stronger.." The fire demon mumbled, before his head came back down and looked to Shou with the same wicked grin. "It's not enough! You don't know how to use that technique just right yet, huh?!" Shou cursed himself once more for being weak, his best technique failing before his eyes again. How many times? How many times would he have to use it before it was able to damage? His magic potency wasn't as high as he could hope for the said technique.
The fire demon's face was suddenly forced to the side, the blunt end of a staff suddenly striking into it with ferocity. The demon was surprised at first, but once the second strike came in connecting to his stomach, he began to laugh once more, the blows seemed to certainly cause a reaction in him though, grunting with the hits, affected by their force in his movements. Shou had to give Yon props for his strength in battling oni such as these.
The binding suddenly blasted outwards from the fire demon and Yon leapt back away before he could allow any openings, coming to land beside Shou. "I'm surprised this guy's still standing.. let alone breaking through my binds. We may actually have a difficult fight on our hands."
'May'? Shou scoffed at the word 'may'. This fire demon very well had the potential to being murderer of them both.

Back to top Go down
Themeless
Veteran
Themeless

Male

PostSubject: Re: Sink Beneath The Line   Sink Beneath The Line EmptySat Aug 22, 2009 4:16 am

The fire demon chuckled once more, his head tilted low as his body began to slowly levitate into the air, a much more to the point means of levitation than Shou had seen before. The oni took a step back, bracing himself while beginning a chant as the other demon rose into the air. "Infernal flames, gather and strike!" Shou shouted, directing his palm outward before him and blasting off a fyreball towards the demon. It struck him directly, but he continued upwards into the air, seemingly unaffected. Yon, standing beside Shou, had begun his chant just as Shou had finished. "Divine powers that be, strike this unholy thing!" He mimicked the same motion of thrusting his hand out in front of him, channeling his magical energies into the attack, as three spiritual blades of energy rushed towards the demon.
Once they struck, the demon grunted and paused in his levitating, taken aback by the strike. It was only for a moment as it came to heighten once more then looked down upon the two below. A grin came to his face, though his body had a couple of wounds that were visible, including, but not limited to, a small cut to the left, just below his chest. They were visible proofs of hope in the battle that they were in.
"Heehee hahahahaha!" The demon suddenly laughed, thrusting both of its hands upwards to the sky and looking to the heavens above. "Come! Bring me great balls of fire to kill these guys!!" It shouted out, as the skies began to darken suddenly. A single ball of fire came forth from those grey clouds, coming to crash into the street just next to Shou, causing the oni to lose his balance and hit the ground from the impact of the thing. "Shit!" Shou cursed out loud, taken aback by the flame that had come down. More began to light up the sky, several more.. they were coming down as if it were some great meteor shower that descended upon them.
"Bad.." Yon muttered lightly, before furrowing his brow, seeing how much the descending flames would destroy the area around them. "It comes to that. Tch.. fuck it. Great Bleaus, lend us your holy powers to smite this opponent to the ground!" The darkened clouds lit up suddenly, then it died away. A few seconds later a blast of white light suddenly came down and engulfed the fire demon in its wake, the death shriek of the thing erupting through the air. The flames that were descending towards the ground disappeared into the air before they could damage the area any further than it all ready had. The fire demon shot a glare towards the two, holding onto its life for as long as it could in the blast of Heaven's Judgement. "You..! I will kill you..! Both of you..!" A black flame went off in the middle of the light, and the form of the demon disappeared. The light died away, and Shou blinked away the brightness from his eyes.
"What the hell..? You couldn't have done that earlier?" Shou questioned, opening his eyes to see Yon on the ground, unconscious. "Yon!" The oni rushed to the other, seeing that he had overexherted himself with the last technique. "Damn.. you saved us again, though." The oni had to admit, once again hugely impressed by the human's powers. "Come on.." He slung the limp body over his shoulders, coming to stand and carried the human to his home.

Back to top Go down
Themeless
Veteran
Themeless

Male

PostSubject: Re: Sink Beneath The Line   Sink Beneath The Line EmptySat Aug 22, 2009 4:19 am

1,659 Words

1,500 Words - Three stars to Heatblast, training it to Trained.

+159 Experience.
Back to top Go down
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry
Surreal SaDiablo

Female
Number of posts : 3123
Rep! : 257
Registration date : 2009-01-03

PostSubject: Re: Sink Beneath The Line   Sink Beneath The Line EmptyThu Sep 03, 2009 11:04 pm

Updated
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sink Beneath The Line   Sink Beneath The Line Empty

Back to top Go down

Sink Beneath The Line
Page 1 of 1