Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

H2H Content Site ( Mirror ) - New Content Added 11/22!

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Mad World (Grunty)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
яuиє
Ascended Tonberry
яuиє

Male
Number of posts : 3978
Rep! : 82
Registration date : 2009-01-02

Mad World (Grunty) Empty
PostSubject: Mad World (Grunty)   Mad World (Grunty) EmptyFri Sep 11, 2009 3:03 pm

Mad World (Grunty) Lance_12

.:: Mad World ::.

As Grunty asked about me having a job, I nodded my head faintly, I thought I told her that before.. And then she brought up seafood.. I guess we will be going to a different restaurant. When she brought up a date, a inquisitive expression came to my face, we were on a date? I didn't know we were on a date.. I thought on this as I listened to what else she had to say, watching her reactions to what she was saying to me.

" I see. I guess not.. though, I didn't know we were on a date. Does that mean we are together or something? I know we did things together, but I didn't think that made us together in other ways... " I said, glancing to Grunty as I moved with her.

Post WC: 136
Total WC: 136

Mad World (Grunty) Wolf_l11
Back to top Go down
LittleMariko
Mystic Moogle
LittleMariko

Female
Number of posts : 2042
Rep! : 61
Registration date : 2009-01-17

Mad World (Grunty) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mad World (Grunty)   Mad World (Grunty) EmptyFri Sep 11, 2009 5:24 pm

The woman thought, her finger to her chin and her eyes up in the air. Honestly, she hadn't thought much on her relation to the other except as a partner and possibly an equal who lacked her level of strategy, or rather, lack of strategy was a stereotype she'd long held of lycans and that Lance had little chance to change in the short time that she'd known him.
"Eh? Nobody's ever wanted to do this... 'dating' thing... with me... I don't think anyways. Maybe they did and I didn't get it."
She'd ascribed formal matrimony to humans and kamikonjou, but then again, Lance was, despite his affliction, largely human and would probably think to form such bonds... bonds that she could no longer comprehend, having been kicked out of heaven as a child.

Goals:
Unlock: Portal! 134/1000
Train: Capacity! 0/2500
Train: Scream of the Lytflies! 0/2500
Back to top Go down
яuиє
Ascended Tonberry
яuиє

Male

Mad World (Grunty) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mad World (Grunty)   Mad World (Grunty) EmptyFri Sep 11, 2009 5:46 pm

My attention remained fixed on the path ahead of us until Grunty began to speak once more. When I heard her speak, I glanced to her, watching her for a moment as I listened to what she had to say. Looking away from Grunty once more, I glanced down at the side walk and though about what she was saying. When she fell silent, I lifted my gaze from the sidewalk and looked to her for a moment before looking back a head of me. " I have never done the date thing either.. If this is a date, it would be like my first I think.. " I said, shrugging my shoulders faintly, " .. What kind of food does this place have, is any of it good? "

Post WC: 130
Total WC: 266

Back to top Go down
LittleMariko
Mystic Moogle
LittleMariko

Female

Mad World (Grunty) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mad World (Grunty)   Mad World (Grunty) EmptyFri Sep 11, 2009 6:38 pm

Ah, so the lycan wasn't acquainted with formal dating, much like herself. Well, it would practically be a given considering both of their past lifestyles, and such a lack of knowledge for the rules would make things much more relaxed and comfortable. If she messed up, she could always, as usual, pretend she knew what she was doing. The other seemed gullible enough for such a plan to work.
"Ah, I love seafood, and they serve good, expensive stuff... local caught and all. They gots awesome milk too, I want to order some milk and fish. Ah... but yea. They got lots of fancy stuff. Raw meat's good, but it wears on the taste buds after awhile, eh?"
Just thinking about the dill seasoned grilled striped bass fillet sandwiches gave her reason to wipe her mouth with the sleeve of her coat. "They gots... really good striper bass... the wine ain't bad either, but it ain't strong enough to get drunk on. Like water some grapes fell in, serusleh."

Goals:
Unlock: Portal! 303/1000
Back to top Go down
яuиє
Ascended Tonberry
яuиє

Male

Mad World (Grunty) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mad World (Grunty)   Mad World (Grunty) EmptyFri Sep 11, 2009 6:53 pm

As she began to speak about what types of food they had at this place were going to, I began to pay more attention to what she was saying. Now that we were talking about food, I began to think on what I would be eating soon.. While listening to what she had to say, my stomach gave a protest to the lack of food it had, in the form of a growl. When my stomach growled, I glanced down at it before glancing over to Grunty, " Ehh, not to me really.. Raw meat isn't that bad, though cooked food does have a unique taste too it, especially when it is cooked in different things. You know? " I asked as I glanced to Grunty for a moment, " Is that a bad thing? Them not having good alcohol? ". I didn't really understand the whole reason behind drinking, sure, I had tried it once before with Grunty, but I had yet to grasp the reason behind drinking things like that all the time.

Post WC: 175
Total WC: 441

Back to top Go down
LittleMariko
Mystic Moogle
LittleMariko

Female

Mad World (Grunty) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mad World (Grunty)   Mad World (Grunty) EmptyFri Sep 11, 2009 7:23 pm

A faintly audible growl reached Grunty's ears, though she judged it to be the other's stomach and not his temper. A faint grin played across her face. Hungry people always spent more money, she knew this from experience in sales. Oddly enough, marijuana tended to make people hungrier after they'd smoked their fill. "Yea... cooked in different things... sh!t I can't pronounce the name of..." she speculated. "Makes it fancy I guess. Ain't nothin wrong with a little fancy every once in awhile, eh?"
With a sigh, she looked up at noted the passing signs. What they were looking for was a big sign with a name she couldn't recall, as last time she'd been this way she was quite illiterate. "Ye ever been to any fancy restaurants, Brother?"

Goals:
Unlock: Portal! 432/1000
Back to top Go down
яuиє
Ascended Tonberry
яuиє

Male

Mad World (Grunty) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mad World (Grunty)   Mad World (Grunty) EmptyFri Sep 11, 2009 7:30 pm

Looking away from Grunty, I turned my gaze up to the sky and slowly scanned over it as I gave more though to what I wanted to eat. A nice fish cooked with many different spices sounded nice, but I wouldn't stop at just one.. I could always try other things to! As she began speaking, my gaze remained on the sky, though when she mentioned being unable to pronounce something, I chuckled lightly. I nodded my head faintly to what she had to say before speaking up, " It's ok. Mmm, yeah normally I just eat something I make my self or from a bag. "
As we continued walking, I glanced away from the sky for to the ground and to Grunty to see if we were still going the right way since I wasn't all to sure I was... When she asked the question, I had to think on it for a moment before finally speaking up, " Uhh, not really. I have eat at burger joints and things like that but not at anything that stands out from everything else. "

Post WC: 184
Back to top Go down
LittleMariko
Mystic Moogle
LittleMariko

Female

Mad World (Grunty) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mad World (Grunty)   Mad World (Grunty) EmptyFri Sep 11, 2009 7:47 pm

The demoness let out an airy laugh. "Ah, if I had a steady job... why, I'd eat fancy shit all day long. Ies only here for one purpose, that is, to have a good time, eh? Eating fancy stuff is fun, especially when they bring it out on the fancy plates. It ain't always good, though, but that striper bass is the exception. I'd eat it all day long, but I can't fish. Ies horrible at cooking too, but they's people out there who will take money to cook for you."
The restaurant was now in sight, and delicious smells wafted out the front door. Most of the people were dressed formal casual or business casual, but it didn't seem to make the female embarrassed that they'd be walking up there in their street clothes. They money in Lance's pocket was green after all, it shouldn't matter, she decided in her mind, if they didn't look or smell like the others.

Goals:
Unlock: Portal! 593/1000
Back to top Go down
яuиє
Ascended Tonberry
яuиє

Male

Mad World (Grunty) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mad World (Grunty)   Mad World (Grunty) EmptyFri Sep 11, 2009 7:55 pm

When I heard her let out a laugh, I glanced at her once more before turning my attention back to the sky as she began speaking to me. As the talk of food continued it only made me even more hungry, " Ahh damn it! Where is this place at?! " ran through my head while Grunty continued talking. Though I didn't know what the place looked like that we were going to, I did catch the scent of food on the wind. As soon as I did I began sniffing at the air more, " Mmmm. Yeah. I have a lot of human money, I just don't have things to spend it on. I am use to taking what ever I want.. Oh, so you cant cook? I can cook some, this job I have prevents me from doing some of the things I use to do, so I have had to start doing other things to pass the time... "

Post WC: 162
Total WC: 787

Back to top Go down
LittleMariko
Mystic Moogle
LittleMariko

Female

Mad World (Grunty) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mad World (Grunty)   Mad World (Grunty) EmptyFri Sep 11, 2009 8:17 pm

"Oh? Ye can cook? Really? Ies jealous..." she purred, walking resolutely up to the door and indicating the place was where she wanted to stop and eat. It was a fancy little restaurant, classy, with large palms in pots adorning the entrance. The entryway itself was carved in marble and adorned with hidden lights that made the walkway leading into the eatery almost glow.
The man at the door, a butler looking sort of fellow with a monocle, looked down his lengthy nose at them. "Deliveries are in the back..."
Grunty frowned, before clearing her throat and saying, articulately, "We just got back from the drama uptown. RENT."
The host raised his eyebrow. "Oh? My apologies then, right this way..."
He led them into the candlelit interior of the restaurant. A trio of young men played easy listening music on a piano, a violin, and a saxophone. The couples nearest them would watch the slow movements of the band that matched the slow music.
Sitting delicately, the female would smile at her date and spread one of the white cloth handkerchiefs on her lap.
The host coughed lightly and handed them two menus. "What can I get you to drink this evening, madam and sir?"
"I'd like a look at your specialty drink menu, please."

Goals:
Unlock: Portal! 808/1000
Back to top Go down
яuиє
Ascended Tonberry
яuиє

Male

Mad World (Grunty) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mad World (Grunty)   Mad World (Grunty) EmptyFri Sep 11, 2009 8:26 pm

I nodded my head to her question as I sniffed at the air more as the alluring smells began to grow more delicious smelling. When Grunty went up to the door the smells where coming out of, I pretty much figured this was the place we would be eating at, and by the smells of the food, I was ready to get in there and eat. As we came to the butler, I looked over the man for a moment, trying to come up with something to say, though, before I could, Grunty spoke up and what she said did the trick because the man began to lead the way. Again I followed at Grunty's side and as we moved into the restaurant, I began to glance around at the people in the place, man it seemed pretty fancy. Once we came to our table, I glanced over at Grunty as she sat down before turning my attention to my seat. Since Grunty was seated, I decided to join her and took the empty seat, looking to the man when he handed out the menus, I took mine and glanced at it as he spoke up. I glanced over at Grunty, my thoughts mostly on the food and not what we should be drinking, and it seemed she had the drinks covered, good. " .. I think you made a good choice Grunty, the food here smells great. I can't wait to try some of the things they make here. "

Post WC: 251
Total WC: 1038

Back to top Go down
LittleMariko
Mystic Moogle
LittleMariko

Female

Mad World (Grunty) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mad World (Grunty)   Mad World (Grunty) EmptyFri Sep 11, 2009 9:24 pm

The woman winked lightly gazing into the other's eyes over the lit candle on the table, "Ah, cha, I gets around sometimes, ye know? Kekeke..."
The band went on playing, but it seemed very hard for the naturally chaotic woman to resist doing something, well, chaotic.
"Hey, you want to see a cool magic trick?" she purred, her serpentine eyes turning to the table next to theirs.
Quickly, quietly, she began mumbling a chat under her breath so it blended in with the very gentle mumbling going on around them. As she talked, the empty table began to get what appeared a void of an unearthly color, unlike any other color on earth and thus impossible to describe that shimmered and steadily grew. Once stable, it turned black, as if having swallowed the matter that upheld the lit candle in the middle of that table and briefly sucked it in.
A similar void appeared on the tall, vaulted ceiling above the violin player, and stabilized at the exact same time as the one on the table. The candle reappeared immediately over the musicians and fell as naturally out of the hole in reality as it would fall from gravity.
When the candle was through, the void was simply no longer there, no transition, no fading, simply gone.
The candle, however, had a larger destiny, namely setting the violinist's coat tail on fire.
"I hate strings," Grunty explained simply, nonchalantly as the shrieks of the female player and the smell of burning hair, flesh, and clothes filled the air. One of the waitresses had the presence of mind to fetch the fire extinguisher, but by then the damage was largely done. She lay there, her skin alternately burned by the fire and burned by the icy chemicals of the extinguisher as someone called for emergency services and the others tried to discern what had happened and where the flame had sprung from.

Goals:
Unlock: Teleport, Complete! 1000/1000
Train: Capacity! 129/2500
Back to top Go down
яuиє
Ascended Tonberry
яuиє

Male

Mad World (Grunty) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mad World (Grunty)   Mad World (Grunty) EmptyFri Sep 11, 2009 9:41 pm

I looked over the table at Grunty and smiled lightly at her, though I wasn't exactly sure what she meant by her comment. I looked back at the menu for a moment before I looked back to Grunty when she spoke up again. " Uhh, sure. I guess. " I said with a nod, wondering what she meant by magic trick. When I notice her gaze shift to the table next to us, I shifted mine to see what she was going to do, now expecting her to do something to the table with her electrical powers. I continued to watch as something strange began to take form on the table. From its appearance, I didn't think it was some electrical power, the ones I seen her use were different. My gaze remained locked on the thing taking form on the table and then, the candle that was on the table was gone. I glanced to Grunty after the candle had disappeared, wondering where it had went to. My question was answered fairly quickly by the sounds of screams. When I heard the screaming my attention quickly shifted to the person that had been caught on fire, so that is where it went.. interesting. I watched the person burn for a moment before I looked back to Grunty when she spoke of her hate for something. " I see.. So you did that? How do you do that? Did you turn into a ghost and move it or something? ". That was a pretty neat thing, though I wasn't sure how she had done it, I had never seen her do something like that before, so did that mean she was hiding it from me, and if so, was she hiding other things from me too?

Post WC: 296
Total WC: 1334

Back to top Go down
LittleMariko
Mystic Moogle
LittleMariko

Female

Mad World (Grunty) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mad World (Grunty)   Mad World (Grunty) EmptyFri Sep 11, 2009 9:52 pm

"Eh... it's not hard. All ye has to do is displace a little bit of matter, you know... like, making things swap places, eh? There's sumfin like... hammerspace, parallel space. If ye've seen the inside of my coat pockets yer familiar with the idea. There are storage dimensions and in one of these dimensions stuff's always moving in a spiral mobius current wherein every particle visits every possible area in a cycle and at the rate of at the speed of light cubed, or near infinite speed, but from our universe that universe is moving at a convenient speed and, once that matter is swallowed by energy charged antimatter, can in our binary universe be reconverted and let off at potentially any place in our known universe. Simple shit really. I want to learn to move people that way without 'em dying, ya dig?"
The visibly shaken host with the monocle returned, handing them the drink menu. Candles didn't just appear under people like that. A lot of the people had left. This close to the lower commons strange things were known to happen, and they didn't want to stick around for it to happen to them.
Smugly, the demoness snapped the menu open, glad to have more of the restaurant for the purposes of her and her date, and knowing that the service would be faster. "Get me some of yer... I mean your bubble tea and bring a bit of red wine saki for the both of us. Honey, what would you prefer to drink?"

Goals:
Train: Capacity! 386/2500
Back to top Go down
яuиє
Ascended Tonberry
яuиє

Male

Mad World (Grunty) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mad World (Grunty)   Mad World (Grunty) EmptyFri Sep 11, 2009 10:01 pm

As Grunty began to speak, I tried to listen to what she had to say but as she continued speaking it got to the point were I had no clue what she was talking about, it all seemed fairly confusing to me, parallel space? speed of light cubed? It all started to make my head hurt some but I wasn't about to turn my attention away so I continued to listen to whats he had to say. " Uhh... It all sounded confusing to me Grunty. " I said, glancing down at the table for a moment before looking to the host as he shows up with the drink menu that had been requested.
When Grunty snapped the menu from the man, I looked to her and waited for her to decide what she wanted to drink. It wasn't long before she had decided what she wanted and was telling the host, then it shifted to what I wanted.. I looked at her for a moment before giving a light shrug, " Umm... I'll try what you are having or a soda I guess.. " I said, falling back on her choice in drink to make up for the lack that I had no clue what to drink aside from water and soda..

Post WC: 212
Total WC: 1546

Back to top Go down
LittleMariko
Mystic Moogle
LittleMariko

Female

Mad World (Grunty) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mad World (Grunty)   Mad World (Grunty) EmptyFri Sep 11, 2009 11:48 pm

The demoness grinned wickedly. "Bring him a little bit of the bubble tea too, then."
The waitress bowed politely and marched off to fetch the desired drinks.
Meanwhile, Grunty still practiced diligently with the columns, making one beneath the dead waiter and another section of the ground so that his arm seemed to grow out of the floor while his elbow was rooted in a different section of the floor. Such she could accomplish with the teleporting of dead matter.
By now, the emergency crew showed up, stomping out the remains of the embers as the medical team wondered at the disturbingly unmovable, badly burned string player. The rest of the band members simply looked on in horror. They weren't spiritually aware and couldn't comprehend what was going on.
"Ain't this romantic?" Grunty cooed, trying to concentrate both on talking and maintaining a few smaller, more harmless portals about the size of a pinhead, mostly to practice harnessing the power of these alternate, horizontally oriented dimensions she was just recalling how to use.

Goals:
Train: Capacity! 559/2500
Back to top Go down
яuиє
Ascended Tonberry
яuиє

Male

Mad World (Grunty) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mad World (Grunty)   Mad World (Grunty) EmptySat Sep 12, 2009 1:45 am

And now that I had allowed Grunty to choose what I will be drinking with our meal, I am probably going to be drinking some form of alcoholic beverage.. I watched Grunty a moment longer before my gaze shifted back to the menu as I looked over all the contents it held as I gave thought to what I might want to try. As I looked at the menu, I found many different things that sounded like they would be good, though I couldn't decide on exactly what I wanted..
When I heard Grunty's question, I looked up from my menu, looking at her for a moment before I finally spoke up, " .. Romantic? " I thought on it for a moment before I set the menu down, focusing all my attention on Grunty now, " It is like those candle light dinners you see couples go for, so yeah, I guess it is? .. I'm not really experienced with all that romantic stuff though. "

Post WC: 166
Total WC: 1712

Back to top Go down
LittleMariko
Mystic Moogle
LittleMariko

Female

Mad World (Grunty) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mad World (Grunty)   Mad World (Grunty) EmptySat Sep 12, 2009 4:09 pm

The demoness cooed gently as the emergency team brought in a hacksaw to remove from the floor the bloodied bits of carpet that the stump and the arm were embedded in. Hoisting the woman up onto the stretcher, they slammed the door to the emergency vehicle and the sirens faded into the distance. A police car or two remained, the cops thinking that perhaps it was a "terrorist" attack and deciding that they should call Division 12 for backup.
"Yea... I like this romance thing. It seems pretty nice. I can understand why humans do it."
The host, apologizing for the chaos and in apparent wonder at the calmness of the pair, set their bubble teas on the table.
Now this particular beverage was that known as the original bubble tea. Big, brown, tapioca spheres floated about in a mixture of Taiwanese black tea and condensed milk, the entire mixture sweetened with honey. The pearls were perhaps the size of the jewelry they were named after, and the straws were large enough to accommodate both the thicker consistency and the presence of the tapioca.
Taking the straw in her mouth, she began to suck the creamy mix into her mouth, enjoying both the flavor and the consistency until she had to stop and chew. The waiter looked on, "Are you ready to order yet?"
"Give us a minute..." she said dismissively, smiling at her partner as the man scurried off to the back.

Goals:
Train: Capacity! 1802/2500
[/quote]
Back to top Go down
яuиє
Ascended Tonberry
яuиє

Male

Mad World (Grunty) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mad World (Grunty)   Mad World (Grunty) EmptySat Sep 12, 2009 4:20 pm

" Eh, its ok I guess. If I knew what to do it might be better.. " I said as I looked to the host before looking down at the drink that was set before me. I looked at the strange drink, wondering what all was in it. Slowly I reached out and pulled the drink closer to me before I looked up from it, looking to Grunty as she begins to drink from her own drink. As the host spoke up, I turned my attention back to my drink, taking the straw into my mouth before I began to suck on it, sucking some of the drink through the straw and into my mouth. After getting some of the drink, I released the straw, taking a moment to take in the taste of the drink before I finally swallowed the bit I had in my mouth down. To my surprise it was an interesting and nice tasting mixture. " This stuff is pretty good Grunty. " I said before taking the straw into my mouth to get another sip of the drink.

Post WC: 183
Total WC: 1895

Back to top Go down
LittleMariko
Mystic Moogle
LittleMariko

Female

Mad World (Grunty) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mad World (Grunty)   Mad World (Grunty) EmptySat Sep 12, 2009 4:45 pm

Nodding slowly, the demoness took another few gulps of her drink. "Yea, these and milkshakes kick ass, eh? Humans do so many interesting things besides taste good. It's almost enough to make me feel they're worth something."
With the other member gone, it appeared that the manager was insistent on there being music for the few people left, thus he hired a backup act, the first two musicians being too shaken by the loss of their friend to continue.
The grand piano stayed in its spot while someone else settled into its cushioned seat, his fingers testing the ivory keys.
Then gently, softly, he began to play a song. It was rather beautiful, if not sad.
"All around me are familiar places..." he began, "...worn out places... worn out faces... rising early for the daily races, going nowhere, going nowhere... the tears are filling up their glasses..."
The vixen began nodding her head to the soft singing. Somehow that song seemed to capture the human condition that she'd escaped by virtue of being a spirit. "Eh, pretty solid beat, eh? Whatchoo think?"

Goals:
Train: Capacity! 1984/2500
Train: Futeki! 0/2500
Back to top Go down
яuиє
Ascended Tonberry
яuиє

Male

Mad World (Grunty) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mad World (Grunty)   Mad World (Grunty) EmptySat Sep 12, 2009 4:56 pm

I think I just found something else I like! I took a few more sips of the drink before pulling away from the straw, looking over at Grunty. " Yeah... They do make some nice foods, both using them as ingredients and them making the food. I don't know if they are worth something though... " I said with a faint nod. As the piano sparing to life, I glanced over at it before looking back to Grunty, expecting her to do something to it like she had done to the other one playing.
But she didn't and the man began to sing. As he sang, I took another sip of my drink and listened to what he was singing. It was an interesting little song..
I watched Grunty some as I sipped from my drink slowly and when she spoke up, I let the straw fall from my mouth before nodding my head faintly, " It's an interesting song. Sounds like life really... "

Post WC: 163
Total WC: 2058

Back to top Go down
LittleMariko
Mystic Moogle
LittleMariko

Female

Mad World (Grunty) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mad World (Grunty)   Mad World (Grunty) EmptySat Sep 12, 2009 5:05 pm

"Ah... like life..." Grunty reflected between bits of her drink. "I'm glad to say I see very few familiar faces. Worn out places mebbe... worn out faces would be my customers... I don't rise early, I don't get in races... bah, it's a human song..." she finally concluded, brushing off the lyrics as a whole.
The little sustained portal that she held didn't seem to be doing much. Idly, she created another in the middle of the table, a fairly big one shaped like one of those old horns you'd see half deaf elderly people using to enhance their hearing. The narrow end of this horn, or rather, the other half of the portal was in the piano, absorbing and channeling the music so it came to their table especially loud and beautiful. Smiling at her impressive feat of dexterity, she indicated the portal with her finger. "Pretty cool, eh?"

Goals:
Unlock: Portal! 0/1000
Train: Capacity! 2134/2500^
Train: Futeki! 0/1000**
Back to top Go down
яuиє
Ascended Tonberry
яuиє

Male

Mad World (Grunty) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mad World (Grunty)   Mad World (Grunty) EmptySat Sep 12, 2009 5:19 pm

I tilted my head to the side faintly as I listened to Grunty. I chuckled faintly at Grunty, " I think they mean the human race... the race of life? You know, that one where you wake up in the morning and go about doing what ever it is that you do during the day. " I said with a faint nod before I turned my attention back to my drink, taking a sip of it as I glanced up at Grunty some as she made another one of those things she made before no our table. Was she gonna make something on our table disappear, or was she going to add something to it? I hope she doesn't drop a light candle on it... But instead of that, sound began to come out of it, sound from the piano, coming in more loud and clearer. I nodded my head faintly, " Mhm. That's a neat little trick you can do there. "

Post WC: 163
Total WC: 2221

Back to top Go down
LittleMariko
Mystic Moogle
LittleMariko

Female

Mad World (Grunty) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mad World (Grunty)   Mad World (Grunty) EmptySat Sep 12, 2009 5:34 pm

Sighing at the beauty of the song, she quite nearly had a heart attack when the waiter reappeared with her red wine saki.
But when he didn't freak out over the color that wasn't on the visible spectrum almost covering their table, she figured out that, like her, it was something ordinarily invisible to normals. This gave her greater comfort in the applications of the reality hole.
As he set the bottle on the table, along with two glasses, the man asked, "Are you ready to order?"
"Yes... I'll take your sashimi rose... izukuri of course... and some drunk shrimp. I don't care to pick them out, I'll let your cooks do it."
The waiter lifted an eyebrow and looked at the woman as though she'd made an odd request. She simply smiled, revealing her longer than normal canines and the man's eyes dropped to the paper he was writing the orders on. "Yes madam. And you sir?"

Goals:
Train: Capacity! 2292/2500^
Back to top Go down
яuиє
Ascended Tonberry
яuиє

Male

Mad World (Grunty) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mad World (Grunty)   Mad World (Grunty) EmptySat Sep 12, 2009 5:55 pm

When the waiter came back, I looked up at him and the new drink he brought to the table for the both of us. Looking away from the man, I look to Grunty, she had freaked out when he showed up, did the guy scare her or something? When he asked I quickly looked back to my menu and began to skim over it, I had yet to find something to eat and now I was forced to pick out some random things for the man to bring me to try. " Ill have... Sann... Sannakji... thing... some fried rice... shrimp.. and egg rolls. " I said, the first things my eyes came to rest on, after my choice, I lift my gaze from the menu and look over at Grunty, I wasn't sure if they were good or not, maybe she knew..

Post WC: 143
Total WC: 2364

Back to top Go down
LittleMariko
Mystic Moogle
LittleMariko

Female

Mad World (Grunty) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mad World (Grunty)   Mad World (Grunty) EmptySat Sep 12, 2009 6:23 pm

The waiter nodded and once again scuttled off to the back. Grunty sighed and closed the little portal. The song had finished and there was light applause from the five or so other tables that hadn't been evacuated.
Putting the cup of bubble tea up to her mouth, she suddenly threw her head back, emptying the cup completely. After chewing the remaining balls, she would be freed up to try the saki, which she did by guzzling a good third of the bottle right off the bat. "Want some?" she offered, after the fact.

Goals:
Train: Capacity! 2386/2500^
Back to top Go down
яuиє
Ascended Tonberry
яuиє

Male

Mad World (Grunty) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mad World (Grunty)   Mad World (Grunty) EmptySat Sep 12, 2009 6:29 pm

Ah! It seemed I had picked the right kind of things, that was good to know.. Like Grunty, I too returned to my bubbly tea stuff and began to finish the rest of it off. Once the rest of it was gone, I pushed the cup away and sat back into my seat, looking over at Grunty as she guzzled down some of the liquid in the bottle of stuff she had the waiter bring us. When it was offered to me, I looked at it for a moment before looking back to her, " Uhh... I guess. "

Post WC: 99
Total WC: 2463

Back to top Go down
LittleMariko
Mystic Moogle
LittleMariko

Female

Mad World (Grunty) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mad World (Grunty)   Mad World (Grunty) EmptySat Sep 12, 2009 7:46 pm

Grinning, she poured the saki into Lance's wine glass. "Ye know... I think we should have some sort of agreed upon way to call each other, eh? For example, Division 12 is going to be here soon and we might have to scatter. How would I be able to call so you'd find me? A shriek perhaps? The kind I gave last night before we fell asleep?"
The piano guy started up on another piece, this one instrumental and mournful. It seemed appropriate since the violinist had caught on fire.

Goals:
Train: Capacity! 2476/2500^
Back to top Go down
яuиє
Ascended Tonberry
яuиє

Male

Mad World (Grunty) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mad World (Grunty)   Mad World (Grunty) EmptySat Sep 12, 2009 7:53 pm

I glanced down at my glass before returning my gaze to Grunty as she began speaking. She had a point, we did need a way to get a hold of each other. At the mention of Division 12, my attention shifted and I glanced around the room some before looking back to Grunty, a smirk forming on my face at the mention of the other night, " .. Are you sure that would not draw attention? I have a personal cellphone, I could give you my number and you could call me when you want to meet up. "

Post WC: 99
Total WC: 2562

Back to top Go down
LittleMariko
Mystic Moogle
LittleMariko

Female

Mad World (Grunty) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mad World (Grunty)   Mad World (Grunty) EmptySat Sep 12, 2009 8:01 pm

"A... cell phone?" Grunty seemed to ask before realizing what he meant. "Oh... those funny little mice humans put up to their ears when they want to talk to themselves and not look silly? Yea, I've seen those before..."
The food arrived relatively fast, and it took two waiters to bring it all out. Notable in Grunty's food selection was that it was all still moving somehow. The fish, laying next to a rose shaped from his own fillets, had a beating heart visible near his head in his skeleton, the muscles he would ordinarily use to protest his fate now seasoned and delicious neighbors. In front of her also was a bowl that smelled very strongly of alcohol, but in that alcohol some shrimps swam weakly and sleepily.
Lazily, the demoness picked one of the drunk little things up and tossed it in her mouth, her teeth coming together with a satisfying crunch as she chewed. "Sounds like a good idea to me, but ye'll have to buy me a cellphone brah."
Tilting her head to the side, she noted the far off sound of sirens. "We might have to get this to go..."

Goals:
Unlock: Portal! 171/1000
Train: Capacity! Complete! 2500/2500^
Back to top Go down
яuиє
Ascended Tonberry
яuиє

Male

Mad World (Grunty) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mad World (Grunty)   Mad World (Grunty) EmptySat Sep 12, 2009 8:12 pm

I nodded my head faintly as I watched her. I smiled faintly at what she had to say about them, yeah, that is how it seemed to me too, before I was forced to have one... I always thought people talking on them where talking to themselves.. When the food arrived, my attention quickly shifted to the meal that was set out before us, ahh finally it was time to eat! I looked over at the food Grunty had before I looked down at mine, licking my lips. Now that the food had arrived, I realized just what sort of food I had ordered.
I picked up my fork and stabbed it into a few of the raw little squiggly things (squid) before stuffing them into my mouth, pulling the fork from them before I began chewing them up. When she made the comment, I looked at her, realizing she didn't have one, but that really wasn't a problem, so as I chewed up the food in my mouth, I nodded my head. I was starting to enjoy my meal when she made the comment about us leaving, " Oh, we cant kill them? "

Post WC: 194
Total WC: 2756

Back to top Go down
LittleMariko
Mystic Moogle
LittleMariko

Female

Mad World (Grunty) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mad World (Grunty)   Mad World (Grunty) EmptySun Sep 13, 2009 8:34 pm

The demoness shook her head as she sampled the sushi. "My brother, my brother..." she began, not minding that she was talking with her mouth full. "Ye does not fight Division 12, as like cockroaches, they multiply at an improbable rate the more of them ye kill, and not only that, but killing them encourages swarming behavior, an emergent feature only present in the human race and other lower insects, ya dig?"
The shrimps were quite drunk in their sauce, and they had a very pleasant crunch, though the fish was very fresh, she'd have to say she enjoyed the shrimp more, as they struggled delightfully in her mouth.

Goals:
Unlock: Portal! 280/1000
Back to top Go down
яuиє
Ascended Tonberry
яuиє

Male

Mad World (Grunty) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mad World (Grunty)   Mad World (Grunty) EmptySun Sep 13, 2009 8:43 pm

I stabbed my fork into a few more of the squid before slipping them into my mouth and turning to another of my dishes as I listened to Grutny, scooping some rice into my mouth before I began to chew the mixture up. I swallowed down the food in my mouth before speaking up, " Oh. I've never fought this Division 12 group. But if they are like that I guess you do have a point.. " I nodded my head faintly before picking up one of the egg rolls and quickly began to devour it, " Mmmm.. Some delicious food. " I said, looking over the table at Grunty with a smile.

Post WC: 113
Back to top Go down
LittleMariko
Mystic Moogle
LittleMariko

Female

Mad World (Grunty) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mad World (Grunty)   Mad World (Grunty) EmptySun Sep 13, 2009 8:50 pm

Grinning back, crumbs surrounding her mouth, the vixen commented, "Yea, it's really good ain't it? We's be eating like this every day once the money starts rollin in, eh? Ha ha!"
After a few more munches, she found the waiter had returned, eying them suspiciously. "So sir, madam, can I get you anything else; the check perhaps?"
His tone seemed to imply that he doubted they had the money to cover the expense of the meal.
Light applause filled the air as the musician finished another piece. "I'm fine for now but I might want some dessert. How about you Lance?" she asked politely.

Goals:
Unlock: Portal! 384/1000
Back to top Go down
яuиє
Ascended Tonberry
яuиє

Male

Mad World (Grunty) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mad World (Grunty)   Mad World (Grunty) EmptySun Sep 13, 2009 8:56 pm

Looking away from Grunty after my statement, I begin to eat once more, this time eating some of the shrimp I had ordered along with more of the rice, before taking a bite of some squid, filling my mouth with a mixture of foods before I begin chewing them all up.
When the waiter showed up, I glanced up at the man before looking back to my food as he spoke up. After swallowing the food I had in my mouth, I took a fork full of rice into my mouth and paused for a moment, looking over at Grunty when she asked the question. Dessert... " Mmm, dessert sounds good. " I said with a mouth full of food.

Post WC: 119
Back to top Go down
LittleMariko
Mystic Moogle
LittleMariko

Female

Mad World (Grunty) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mad World (Grunty)   Mad World (Grunty) EmptySun Sep 13, 2009 9:09 pm

Flipping the dessert menu open, she looked up and down until she found something that caught her fancy. "We'll take your Flaming Beehive Enniscorthy and please, don't let any chocolate touch it. I'm allergic, I'm fairly sure my friend might be as well."
The suspicious waiter took their menus and once again scuttled off to the back.
The demoness, now curious, put both elbows on the table, looked her partner in the eyes, and asked, "So are ye allergic to chocolate like I am? Most of our kind is, eh?"

Goals:
Unlock: Portal! 474/1000
[/quote]
Back to top Go down
яuиє
Ascended Tonberry
яuиє

Male

Mad World (Grunty) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mad World (Grunty)   Mad World (Grunty) EmptySun Sep 13, 2009 9:26 pm

I watched Grunty as she took the dessert menu and waited for her to pick what she wanted out, so then in turn, I could pick what I wanted out. However, it didn't turn out like that, instead she ordered something strange sounding for the both of us, bummer.. Well, maybe it will even more delicious then what I am eating right now. Though, her request about chocolate seemed a bit odd in a way, I didn't know demons could be allergic to stuff.

Taking my fork, I stabbed it into one of the little squid and lifted it from the plate, shaking it some to make its legs jiggle around as if it was dancing. This simply action made me chuckle faintly as a smile formed on my face. When I heard the question from Grunty, I stopped shaking the fork and looked at her, remaining silent for a moment as I thought on what she just asked me, " Allergic... to chocolate? .. Are you kidding me? " As my voice began to raise, my tone changed, becoming more cheerful and child like, " That stuff is great!! Chocolate ice cream, chocolate chip cookies, chocolate fudge. Especially ice cream and cooks. "

Post WC: 203
Back to top Go down
LittleMariko
Mystic Moogle
LittleMariko

Female

Mad World (Grunty) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mad World (Grunty)   Mad World (Grunty) EmptyTue Sep 15, 2009 9:33 pm

"Mmm..." Grunty mumbled reflectively. "Chocolate's harder than cocaine. Don't tell me ye do that stuff all too often. Ah, well, I guess ye is mostly human, eh? I wouldn't be surprised if that was a way to get rid of that spirit of yers."
Putting her elbow on the table, and leaning against it, she picked up one of the tipsy little shrimp and watched it wiggle idly. "Ye know... I like the white chocolate the best when I have it, eh?"
The shrimp disappeared into her mouth with a crunch and she picked up another, watching it in a similar manner as the last.

Goals:
Unlock: Portal! 579/1000
Back to top Go down
яuиє
Ascended Tonberry
яuиє

Male

Mad World (Grunty) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mad World (Grunty)   Mad World (Grunty) EmptyTue Sep 15, 2009 9:43 pm

Harder than cocaine? I wasn't sure what she meant by that, oh well. A smile takes form on my face and grows into a big tooth grin, " I like sweets, ice cream, cookies, candy. " I said, nodding my head some. Now that we were talking about it, I began to want some chocolate now, buts he didn't order any... bummer.

I picked up the last egg roll on the little plate that held them and began to take a few bites of it, nibbling at it first before taking a bigger bite then I began chewing it up. When she brought up white chocolate, I paused for a moment before swallowing the chewed up egg roll then speaking, " .. White chocolate. Lets get some after this? "

post WC: 129
Back to top Go down
LittleMariko
Mystic Moogle
LittleMariko

Female

Mad World (Grunty) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mad World (Grunty)   Mad World (Grunty) EmptyTue Sep 15, 2009 9:57 pm

Picking the dessert menu back up, she looked over the list with a skeptical eye. "Well, I guesses we can get that as our last thing. After the flaming thing gets out here. I got it 'cause it looks cool when it comes out... but yea... how does this Cherry Vanilla Volcano Cake with White Chocolate shells sound, eh? I'll be high as heaven but it'll be fun..." With a wide grin, she expected to see her partner pleased with her offer. "...and tasty."

Goals:
Unlock: Portal! 663/1000
Back to top Go down
яuиє
Ascended Tonberry
яuиє

Male

Mad World (Grunty) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mad World (Grunty)   Mad World (Grunty) EmptyTue Sep 15, 2009 10:01 pm

I devoured the remains of the egg roll before licking some of the juice from my finger, listening to Grunty as she began speaking once more. When she brought up getting something else, I gave her a funny look. That was, until she said what it was, as she began with the name, I thought of just what it would be like and my bottom jaw went slack as I thought of how good it would taste. After a moment of silence I began nodding my head again with a big grin, " Mhm!!! Lets get that. "

post wC: 98
Back to top Go down
LittleMariko
Mystic Moogle
LittleMariko

Female

Mad World (Grunty) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mad World (Grunty)   Mad World (Grunty) EmptyWed Sep 16, 2009 9:21 pm

She briefly grinned at the other, watching him drool. "I guess we'll order that when that skinny waiter gets back, eh?"
For the moment, she simply relaxed, knowing Division 12 was drawing ever closer, but simply wanting to enjoy this moment with her associate. The restaurant almost sparkled with its niceness, the airy piano tune drawing her focus. She wanted to memorize this space and time before she had to flee, before the skinny waiter got back, before she ordered another expensive desert, before they were both full and probably laying in a comfortable bed somewhere, tired from the likely forthcoming fight for their lives.
Somehow, she wasn't afraid of the police as she would've ordinarily been. Now, it was just them, and if they killed her, this moment would still be in her soul, giving her comfort, and letting her know this life had at least been worth more than simple pleasure, but that excess... well, she couldn't put her finger on it, but she was sure it was something very deep.

Goals:
Unlock: Portal! 836/1000
Back to top Go down
яuиє
Ascended Tonberry
яuиє

Male

Mad World (Grunty) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mad World (Grunty)   Mad World (Grunty) EmptyWed Sep 16, 2009 10:07 pm

As Grunty began speaking to me once more, I began nodding my head up and down in agreement with what she had to say, " Ok. " Now that desert had entered my mind, I couldn't wait until the one Grunty had ordered got her, so we could enjoy it and order another one. As I thought on this delicious food and was enjoying it, I gave little though to how much all this was actually going to cost, if any thought to it, my mind focused souly on the foods we had had and were about to have as soon as they arrived.
My gaze remained fixed on Grunty for a few moments as I began to hum lightly to myself. When it finally shifted away from Grunty, I began to glance around the room idly, the humming faded for a moment as I spoke up, " ..how I wonder what you are.. " the phrase faded back into humming just as quickly as it had came up as I continued humming along with the tune in my head.

Post WC: 179
Back to top Go down
LittleMariko
Mystic Moogle
LittleMariko

Female

Mad World (Grunty) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mad World (Grunty)   Mad World (Grunty) EmptyFri Sep 18, 2009 12:49 pm

The woman tilted her head to the side in an oddly canine manner. "Eh? Ye like to sing?"
Pausing thoughtfully, she went over the tunes she knew in her mind. "Ah! I got one Bre'r Wolf!"
Clearing her throat, and without paying any attention to the more refined 5 or so people around them, she burst into song. "Sie leben hinterm Horizont, getrennt von uns unendlich weit, sie mussen sich an Sterne krallen (ganz fest), damit sie nicht vom Himmel fallen!"
It was a strange language, what she would use should the impulse ever sieze her to chant a spell. This particular one, however, was a song that did nothing in particular.

Goals:
Unlock: Portal! 948/1000
Back to top Go down
яuиє
Ascended Tonberry
яuиє

Male

Mad World (Grunty) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mad World (Grunty)   Mad World (Grunty) EmptySat Sep 19, 2009 11:35 pm

When I heard Grunty speak up I stopped humming and looked at her for a moment, thinking on what she said before I shrugged lightly. I wasn't sure whats he meant when she said she had it, however I remained silent and watched her. When she began to sing, I listened to the strange words she was saying and tried to figure out, to no avail, what they meant..
When she finished singing, I looked at her with a confused look on my face, " ... what was that Grunty? "

Post WC: 90
TWC: 3687
Back to top Go down
LittleMariko
Mystic Moogle
LittleMariko

Female

Mad World (Grunty) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mad World (Grunty)   Mad World (Grunty) EmptyTue Sep 29, 2009 3:32 pm

The woman seemed confused, looking at the lycan and shrugging, a gesture that either meant complete ignorance or infinite knowledge that could hardly be explained. "Somethin my mom sang me one time. She was from a really far off place... eh, they spoke a weird language there, eh?"

Goals:
Unlock: Portal! 996/1000
Back to top Go down
яuиє
Ascended Tonberry
яuиє

Male

Mad World (Grunty) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mad World (Grunty)   Mad World (Grunty) EmptyTue Sep 29, 2009 9:29 pm

" Oh.. Ok. " I said with a faint nod, " My mom.. she use to sing to me... " as I finished speaking my gaze shifted from Grunty as I looked down at the table. I wasn't sure why I had just said that.. I didn't talk about my family with anyone really, well, aside from the spirit inside me, but we didn't really talk about it...

Post WC: 68
Back to top Go down
LittleMariko
Mystic Moogle
LittleMariko

Female

Mad World (Grunty) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mad World (Grunty)   Mad World (Grunty) EmptyWed Oct 07, 2009 4:17 am

The dessert finally arrived, several feet of frothing chocolate and cheesecake. Before she could dig in, however, she heard police sirens off in the distance. Cursing low under her breath, she decided it would be most expedient to leave now if they didn't want to get shot.
"Pigs prolly won't bother you, Lance, but they'll get me. If ye come too, make sure you bring the dessert too, eh? Ies still hungry."
Having said that, she created a larger version of the portals she'd been using to set people on fire and cause chaos... this one was the size of a person, an oscillating column of energy and colorless light that disappeared into the ceiling and the floor, having no apparent end. Calmly, she stepped into it, and it would take her far out into the deep until things calmed down. It would deposit Lance near the woods, but still in the lower commons should he choose to follow, the demoness had someone she had to talk to.

Goals:
Unlock: Portal! 1000/1000
exp: 164

[Exit RP]
Back to top Go down
яuиє
Ascended Tonberry
яuиє

Male

Mad World (Grunty) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mad World (Grunty)   Mad World (Grunty) EmptyWed Oct 07, 2009 12:52 pm

When I heard Grunty speak up once more, my gaze shifted from the table as I looked back up at her listening to what she had to say. As she spoke, I caught the sound of the sirens like she had done and nodded faintly as she finished speaking, " Ok... " I decided in a split second that I would be going with Grunty to where ever it was she was going, though I had no idea since she opened a portal thing. Raising from my seat, I grabbed our dessert tray and followed after Grunty though this portal, expecting it to let me out at the same place it let Grunty out.

Post WC: 114

Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Ascended Tonberry
aѕceпxion

Male
Number of posts : 6937
Rep! : 110

Mad World (Grunty) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mad World (Grunty)   Mad World (Grunty) EmptyTue Dec 01, 2009 1:14 am

Updated Grunty.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Mad World (Grunty) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mad World (Grunty)   Mad World (Grunty) Empty

Back to top Go down

Mad World (Grunty)
Page 1 of 1