Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

H2H Content Site ( Mirror ) - New Content Added 11/22!

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Tired of the Promise, pt3

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry
Surreal SaDiablo

Female
Number of posts : 3123
Rep! : 257
Registration date : 2009-01-03

Tired of the Promise, pt3 Empty
PostSubject: Tired of the Promise, pt3   Tired of the Promise, pt3 EmptyWed Feb 04, 2009 10:27 pm

Even before the poor man had fully caught his breath from the exertion of scratching his limbs raw, the light mage woman was next to me already speaking about the next lesson. “Well seeing as how you managed to pick up the nullification and immunity spells so easily, I think you’re probably ready to give the elemental eater one a try.
Back to top Go down
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry
Surreal SaDiablo

Female

PostSubject: Re: Tired of the Promise, pt3   Tired of the Promise, pt3 EmptyWed Feb 04, 2009 10:28 pm

It’s similar to nullification but it’s almost like it adds in a healing element to the spell. Instead of rendering the damage from the element as harmless, it converts it into healing for the one under the blessing. Like if your man learned the eater spell and cast it on you and his chosen element was fire, then any fire attacks that hit you would start to work on healing any wounds you’d already suffered.
Back to top Go down
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry
Surreal SaDiablo

Female

PostSubject: Re: Tired of the Promise, pt3   Tired of the Promise, pt3 EmptyWed Feb 04, 2009 10:28 pm

You can do the same thing with your water element. You just have to learn to combine the nullification and healing spells into one new spell that will act as both simultaneously.” Now many of the spells I had learned in the course of my trainings are helpful and handy but this one could truly help out if ever I found myself in a pinch.
Back to top Go down
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry
Surreal SaDiablo

Female

PostSubject: Re: Tired of the Promise, pt3   Tired of the Promise, pt3 EmptyWed Feb 04, 2009 10:29 pm

If I ever found myself facing off against a fellow water mage I could certainly use a spell that would turn their attacks into healing for my allies. Or even if there came a time when one of my allies was locked in close battle with an enemy and I can’t reach them in time to do any good against the opponent.
Back to top Go down
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry
Surreal SaDiablo

Female

PostSubject: Re: Tired of the Promise, pt3   Tired of the Promise, pt3 EmptyWed Feb 04, 2009 10:29 pm

If I have already cast this eater spell on them I could fire water attacks at them myself and heal the wounds caused by the enemy to give them enough strength to finish off the fight. Just in the moment since the information had left her lips, I could already think of a handful of ways I could use this spell to my advantage.
Back to top Go down
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry
Surreal SaDiablo

Female

PostSubject: Re: Tired of the Promise, pt3   Tired of the Promise, pt3 EmptyWed Feb 04, 2009 10:30 pm

It definitely sounded like a good one to add to my arsenal. “Alright, let me think it over for a few minutes while we give August a bit of a breather. Maybe you could also give him a touch of healing for those scratches he gave himself during the last lesson.”
Back to top Go down
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry
Surreal SaDiablo

Female

PostSubject: Re: Tired of the Promise, pt3   Tired of the Promise, pt3 EmptyWed Feb 04, 2009 10:30 pm

She apparently agreed with my suggestion since she moved over to where the man stood rubbing over his arms to try and calm the burning of the angry red lines covering his flesh. I moved over to one of the bales of hay and took a seat. I had a lot to think over, how to figure out a way to enhance the nullification spell by adding in the healing.
Back to top Go down
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry
Surreal SaDiablo

Female

PostSubject: Re: Tired of the Promise, pt3   Tired of the Promise, pt3 EmptyWed Feb 04, 2009 10:31 pm

It wasn’t even really adding the healing in, it was changing the way the magic works at the most basic level. I wasn’t going to be asking the magic to protect the target, or to heal the wounds already suffered, the point of this was to ask that my magic somehow turn all other magics of the same element into healing rather than damage or even nullified damage.
Back to top Go down
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry
Surreal SaDiablo

Female

PostSubject: Re: Tired of the Promise, pt3   Tired of the Promise, pt3 EmptyWed Feb 04, 2009 10:31 pm

It was essentially a transmutation of sorts. Taking magic I already knew and finding a way to mutate it into something else entirely. I hadn’t ever tried to mold the magic into something I didn’t already know was possible. In my mind the magic was for protection, attack, boosting, travel, and healing.
Back to top Go down
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry
Surreal SaDiablo

Female

PostSubject: Re: Tired of the Promise, pt3   Tired of the Promise, pt3 EmptyWed Feb 04, 2009 10:32 pm

Now I would be forced to take from that basic list and try to make a new category altogether. Sitting there thinking over all of this, I had no clue how I was going to pull this one off. I didn’t get much more time to think on it, the mage woman was already waving me back over.
Back to top Go down
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry
Surreal SaDiablo

Female

PostSubject: Re: Tired of the Promise, pt3   Tired of the Promise, pt3 EmptyWed Feb 04, 2009 10:32 pm

As I walked to where they were waiting for me I could see the red welts were still on the man’s arms but he had at least stopped rubbing at them so I assumed the mage had taken away the majority of the pain and irritation. I guess she was leaving the visible wounds so that I would have something to see and judge if my spell was working.
Back to top Go down
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry
Surreal SaDiablo

Female

PostSubject: Re: Tired of the Promise, pt3   Tired of the Promise, pt3 EmptyWed Feb 04, 2009 10:33 pm

It made sense to me, in a way I was almost grateful for her forward thinking. At least this way we wouldn’t have to injure him further to make sure this spell worked. If it even worked. I still wasn’t sure I could do it at all. I didn’t have any of the usual confidence I went into my first attempt with.
Back to top Go down
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry
Surreal SaDiablo

Female

PostSubject: Re: Tired of the Promise, pt3   Tired of the Promise, pt3 EmptyWed Feb 04, 2009 10:33 pm

Most of the time when I was getting ready to try something it would somehow make sense in my head and work its way out through the magic as I cast, but not this time. I couldn’t manage to get my brain around this idea. This was just going to have work itself out completely in the casting process.
Back to top Go down
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry
Surreal SaDiablo

Female

PostSubject: Re: Tired of the Promise, pt3   Tired of the Promise, pt3 EmptyWed Feb 04, 2009 10:34 pm

Before we got started I went ahead and apologized to August for any mishaps that occurred hereafter. I figured it would take me a few tries to get this down, if I did it at all. With the nullification spell I created a shield of sorts that was specialized to render the damage dealt by means of water or ice completely harmless.
Back to top Go down
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry
Surreal SaDiablo

Female

PostSubject: Re: Tired of the Promise, pt3   Tired of the Promise, pt3 EmptyWed Feb 04, 2009 10:34 pm

The more I think about it now, the more I realize that I would have to do the same thing this time, but instead of making the shield nullify the damage, I would have to find a way to teach it to convert the damage into healing. That something I never considered before, teach my own magic to do things outside of the norm.
Back to top Go down
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry
Surreal SaDiablo

Female

PostSubject: Re: Tired of the Promise, pt3   Tired of the Promise, pt3 EmptyWed Feb 04, 2009 10:35 pm

I guess there’s a first time for everything. The mage woman agreed to hold her first attack until I was able to make my first casting attempt, much like she did with the nullification lesson. Thinking back to what I had done with that spell, I opened myself to the magic.
Back to top Go down
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry
Surreal SaDiablo

Female

PostSubject: Re: Tired of the Promise, pt3   Tired of the Promise, pt3 EmptyWed Feb 04, 2009 10:35 pm

As I imagined the pure white energy of the magic associated with light magics flowing through my body, I slowly allowed a bit of my own water element to trickle in and mingle with it. So far so good. Next I had to add in my healing arts, and the direction to mutate the damage to healing at the precise moment of impact.
Back to top Go down
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry
Surreal SaDiablo

Female

PostSubject: Re: Tired of the Promise, pt3   Tired of the Promise, pt3 EmptyWed Feb 04, 2009 10:36 pm

Sometimes being a mage and broadening my abilities was so close to science and technology it was frightening. No wonder most scientists of this world were highly intellectual mages, it just made perfect sense. Once all components were included into the magic, I cast the shield around August then nodded to the mage woman.
Back to top Go down
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry
Surreal SaDiablo

Female

PostSubject: Re: Tired of the Promise, pt3   Tired of the Promise, pt3 EmptyWed Feb 04, 2009 10:36 pm

She had readied a hydrant spell and let it go upon my signal. The blast of water hit the man, at least it appeared to hit him, but based on the dry state of his clothes once the water subsided the shield held and protected him. The only problem was that the red marks remained on his arms.
Back to top Go down
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry
Surreal SaDiablo

Female

PostSubject: Re: Tired of the Promise, pt3   Tired of the Promise, pt3 EmptyWed Feb 04, 2009 10:37 pm

It had done nothing to heal them. “He’s still dry, Lady Nicole. You merely nullified the damage once again. For the water to heal him, it must hit him.” Now that made more sense, maybe she should have mentioned it a bit sooner. “Alright, let me tweak it a bit and try again.”
Back to top Go down
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry
Surreal SaDiablo

Female

PostSubject: Re: Tired of the Promise, pt3   Tired of the Promise, pt3 EmptyWed Feb 04, 2009 10:38 pm

This time I would have to rethink everything, my shield would have to allow the attack to pass through but still be strong enough to mutate the damage as it is breached. Following the same basic steps as last time, I was finally ready to cast again. I hoped this worked because I was starting to get one hell of a headache.
Back to top Go down
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry
Surreal SaDiablo

Female

PostSubject: Re: Tired of the Promise, pt3   Tired of the Promise, pt3 EmptyWed Feb 04, 2009 10:38 pm

I cast the shield on the man and gave the mage woman another nod then stepped back and waited for her hydrant to reach him. The blast of water soaked the man from head to toe, she used her strongest version available, but in the end when he shook the water off like a giant dog coming out of the river, his arms were fully healed, not so much as a red patch marred the tanned flesh.
Light Mage Mastery – Elemental Eater (Water)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tired of the Promise, pt3   Tired of the Promise, pt3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Tired of the Promise, pt3
Page 1 of 1