Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

H2H Content Site ( Mirror ) - New Content Added 11/22!

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Tired of the Promise, pt2

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry
Surreal SaDiablo

Female
Number of posts : 3123
Rep! : 257
Registration date : 2009-01-03

Tired of the Promise, pt2 Empty
PostSubject: Tired of the Promise, pt2   Tired of the Promise, pt2 EmptyWed Jan 28, 2009 4:05 am

After that last bit of instruction, the light mage woman granted August and myself another break to refresh ourselves. There were only a few more techniques in the entire school left for me to learn, one of which was the training that it would take to strengthen my pulse abilities to new heights.
Back to top Go down
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry
Surreal SaDiablo

Female

PostSubject: Re: Tired of the Promise, pt2   Tired of the Promise, pt2 EmptyWed Jan 28, 2009 4:05 am

That one my instructor and I had agreed I would do on my own so as not to needlessly waste her time any more than I already am. I had no problem with that, I wasn’t very comfortable with launching a pulse against an innocent citizen of Saint Crystalline.
Back to top Go down
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry
Surreal SaDiablo

Female

PostSubject: Re: Tired of the Promise, pt2   Tired of the Promise, pt2 EmptyWed Jan 28, 2009 4:06 am

Through the course of this day I had already snuffed out the life of one fine upstanding citizen, however briefly it had lasted, and I wasn’t too keen on repeating that experience any time soon. August and I enjoyed the fresh tea and sweet cake treats that had been brought in at the mage woman’s request.
Back to top Go down
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry
Surreal SaDiablo

Female

PostSubject: Re: Tired of the Promise, pt2   Tired of the Promise, pt2 EmptyWed Jan 28, 2009 4:07 am

She was using this break to check on her sister mages elsewhere in the expansive building, she wanted to make sure there were no areas where her services, or mine, would be better utilized. The wevit and I sit off to the side of the room enjoying the surprisingly comfortable chairs the academy had provided.
Back to top Go down
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry
Surreal SaDiablo

Female

PostSubject: Re: Tired of the Promise, pt2   Tired of the Promise, pt2 EmptyWed Jan 28, 2009 4:07 am

During this time he and I took the chance to get to know each other a bit better. He was a farmer by profession, tending to a homestead half a day’s ride from the city gates where his wife and three young children were eagerly awaiting his return.
Back to top Go down
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry
Surreal SaDiablo

Female

PostSubject: Re: Tired of the Promise, pt2   Tired of the Promise, pt2 EmptyWed Jan 28, 2009 4:08 am

After this was brought to my attention I was more than ready to release him from his obligation to the academy just as I had done for his magically gifted counterpart earlier in the course of my training session but before I could say anything, the man shook his head with a laugh and raised one hand to stop me.
Back to top Go down
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry
Surreal SaDiablo

Female

PostSubject: Re: Tired of the Promise, pt2   Tired of the Promise, pt2 EmptyWed Jan 28, 2009 4:08 am

“No offense m’lady, but I’m actually awful curious to see what else our light mage friend has in store for you. I am certain that my wife and kids will understand my tardiness once I return with the story of my day spent as guinea pig for our beloved magistrate.”
Back to top Go down
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry
Surreal SaDiablo

Female

PostSubject: Re: Tired of the Promise, pt2   Tired of the Promise, pt2 EmptyWed Jan 28, 2009 4:09 am

His words brought a blush to my cheeks but they rang true even through my embarrassment. After all, I was certain that my light mage trainer would have my head on a platter if I sent home our last helper, she was still pretty miffed about my dismissing the first one.
Back to top Go down
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry
Surreal SaDiablo

Female

PostSubject: Re: Tired of the Promise, pt2   Tired of the Promise, pt2 EmptyWed Jan 28, 2009 4:09 am

“Thank you, August, I appreciate your dedication and curiosity.” Just as I was about to ask another general question to fill the time, the afore mentioned trainer breezed through the doors once more. “Are we ready to continue, Lady Nicole?” Rising from my seat then setting my tea back on to the tray, I give the woman a smile and nod.
Back to top Go down
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry
Surreal SaDiablo

Female

PostSubject: Re: Tired of the Promise, pt2   Tired of the Promise, pt2 EmptyWed Jan 28, 2009 4:10 am

“Yes, ma’am, we’re ready and raring to go.” She evidently liked what she heard because her stern face curved in a smile. “Good to hear, lets get back to business. Shall we?” August and I nodded before moving back toward the center of the room where we would wait until the woman decided where she wanted to place us for this next exercise.
Back to top Go down
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry
Surreal SaDiablo

Female

PostSubject: Re: Tired of the Promise, pt2   Tired of the Promise, pt2 EmptyWed Jan 28, 2009 4:10 am

Before she could place us though, she needed to explain what the next exercise actually is because up until this point I had no clue. “Building upon the idea of preventing certain spells or certain types of spells like with the naturally loud preventing the silence spell, now we are going to focus on you learning to protect someone from all dark status effects with the immunity spell.”
Back to top Go down
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry
Surreal SaDiablo

Female

PostSubject: Re: Tired of the Promise, pt2   Tired of the Promise, pt2 EmptyWed Jan 28, 2009 4:11 am

I stared at her for a moment before my brow furrowed. “Immunity? You mean I’m actually going to learn to cast it? I thought that was just something that you could get with the wings you buy.” The light mage woman just shook her head and muttered something about ‘the youth of today’ or some such nonsense before composing herself enough to give me an explanation.
Back to top Go down
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry
Surreal SaDiablo

Female

PostSubject: Re: Tired of the Promise, pt2   Tired of the Promise, pt2 EmptyWed Jan 28, 2009 4:11 am

“Yes it is the same spell that enhances those atrocious wings the wealthy seem to covet, but this is it in a more basic form, no wings, and it’s protection has a time limit as do most of our other spells.” Now was definitely not the time to mention my own pair of wings so I simply nod in agreement and wait for instruction.
Back to top Go down
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry
Surreal SaDiablo

Female

PostSubject: Re: Tired of the Promise, pt2   Tired of the Promise, pt2 EmptyWed Jan 28, 2009 4:12 am

“August, you go stand in your previous spot and wait for me to begin casting. Nicole, you will stand here by me and do roughly the same thing you did with the naturally loud spell, only this time you’ll be focusing on a spell for blanket prevention, not for a specific spell.
Back to top Go down
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry
Surreal SaDiablo

Female

PostSubject: Re: Tired of the Promise, pt2   Tired of the Promise, pt2 EmptyWed Jan 28, 2009 4:12 am

You won’t know what I am going to cast so you’ll need to figure out how best to cast the immunity over August before my spells can do any damage.” Of course that was easier said than done, as was everything associated with training, but I knew I could get the hang of it eventually just like I had with everything else so far.
Back to top Go down
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry
Surreal SaDiablo

Female

PostSubject: Re: Tired of the Promise, pt2   Tired of the Promise, pt2 EmptyWed Jan 28, 2009 4:13 am

Words. I would need words for this, definitely. Not knowing what was going to be cast on the poor man, I would have to send out a general protection against the many dark status effects that the woman had to choose from. So far today I had already witnessed her casting of itchy, blind, and silent.
Back to top Go down
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry
Surreal SaDiablo

Female

PostSubject: Re: Tired of the Promise, pt2   Tired of the Promise, pt2 EmptyWed Jan 28, 2009 4:13 am

Who knows what else she was capable of. I didn’t want to take the chance of finding out, not when it was August’s safety and comfort on the line in place of my own. The woman didn’t wait for me to give her a signal this time, I guess it was because she wanted me to realize that in a real situation where this spell would be needed the rival mage wouldn’t wait for a sign from me either.
Back to top Go down
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry
Surreal SaDiablo

Female

PostSubject: Re: Tired of the Promise, pt2   Tired of the Promise, pt2 EmptyWed Jan 28, 2009 4:14 am

She had a point there, one I already realized, but one that I’m sure she felt the need to point out. Since I had no time to mull over the words I would use I spat out what came to mind in that instant during her rapid casting. “Jhaer si jhol shi os vyraelol.” Let the light be your protection.
Back to top Go down
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry
Surreal SaDiablo

Female

PostSubject: Re: Tired of the Promise, pt2   Tired of the Promise, pt2 EmptyWed Jan 28, 2009 4:14 am

I guess that made sense when trying to protect someone from what was commonly known as a dark effect or spell, though I’m sure I could have come up with something more creative given half a moment more to think. AS it was I still watched in horror as the man began to violently scratch himself all over.
Back to top Go down
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry
Surreal SaDiablo

Female

PostSubject: Re: Tired of the Promise, pt2   Tired of the Promise, pt2 EmptyWed Jan 28, 2009 4:15 am

Her spell had gone through anyway, I hadn’t been focused enough to protect him. Before I could beat myself up for this, I heard her begin the chant to cast something else. This time I wasn’t going to let it get past me. “Jhaer si jhol shi os vyraelol!” August was still scratching himself but as far as I could tell there were no added effects coming over him.
Back to top Go down
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry
Surreal SaDiablo

Female

PostSubject: Re: Tired of the Promise, pt2   Tired of the Promise, pt2 EmptyWed Jan 28, 2009 4:15 am

The mage woman looked to me with a short nod and then removed the itchiness from the poor man. When he was returned to normal she informed me that she was casting sleep on the man and had it worked he would have fallen into a deep sleep while still standing on his feet.
Back to top Go down
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry
Surreal SaDiablo

Female

PostSubject: Re: Tired of the Promise, pt2   Tired of the Promise, pt2 EmptyWed Jan 28, 2009 4:16 am

I was relived that she hadn’t been casting something more harmful. There had been quite a large chance that my protection wouldn’t have worked at all and it would have crushed me to see the poor man go through anything painful or dangerous after all he had already done for me today.
Light Mage Mastery – Immunity (A)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tired of the Promise, pt2   Tired of the Promise, pt2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Tired of the Promise, pt2
Page 1 of 1