Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

H2H Content Site ( Mirror ) - New Content Added 11/22!

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Getting Tired of this Promise

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry
Surreal SaDiablo

Female
Number of posts : 3123
Rep! : 257
Registration date : 2009-01-03

Getting Tired of this Promise Empty
PostSubject: Getting Tired of this Promise   Getting Tired of this Promise EmptyWed Jan 28, 2009 1:53 am

While August continued to dance around like a shadow boxing fool, the light mage woman came to stand beside me. Her mouth was puckered in a look of disapproval. “This is generally the point in the training where I would ask the mage volunteer to cast spells while I strike him silent and teach you to prevent such a tragic spell to be cast upon a magic wielder.
Back to top Go down
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry
Surreal SaDiablo

Female

PostSubject: Re: Getting Tired of this Promise   Getting Tired of this Promise EmptyWed Jan 28, 2009 1:53 am

But seeing as how you dismissed our mage volunteer in a moment of guilt, I will have to strike the wevit dumb and have him continually try to yell while you attempt to bless him with immunity to the silence spell. I’ve never tried it quite this way before so bear with me please.”
Back to top Go down
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry
Surreal SaDiablo

Female

PostSubject: Re: Getting Tired of this Promise   Getting Tired of this Promise EmptyWed Jan 28, 2009 1:54 am

Looking rather sheepish, I nodded and offered meager assurance. “I understand and again I am very sorry for telling him to leave. I will try my best to make this altered way work for both of us. The basic concept is still the same, I just have to focus on the importance of protecting my fellow mages from the dire shroud of silence that could be placed upon them.
Back to top Go down
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry
Surreal SaDiablo

Female

PostSubject: Re: Getting Tired of this Promise   Getting Tired of this Promise EmptyWed Jan 28, 2009 1:54 am

In fact, if I imagine that it is Darius you’re attempting to strike dumb, it may inspire me to pick up the technique more rapidly.” The female mage thought over that idea for a moment before affirming my proposal. “That just might work. From what I’ve heard you and your intended have fought side by side using the opposing strengths you both possess.
Back to top Go down
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry
Surreal SaDiablo

Female

PostSubject: Re: Getting Tired of this Promise   Getting Tired of this Promise EmptyWed Jan 28, 2009 1:55 am

If you could take your mind back to a particularly harrowing scenario where it was the magic of Darius that outshone your own and essentially saved your life, you could relive the event while imagining that he had been hit by the silent spell. That should give you enough inspiration to want to prevent it from happening.”
Back to top Go down
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry
Surreal SaDiablo

Female

PostSubject: Re: Getting Tired of this Promise   Getting Tired of this Promise EmptyWed Jan 28, 2009 1:55 am

Turning away from me, she called out to August and had him return to the center of the room where we were standing. The man trotted over like an excited puppy, which was a very good thing considering the circumstances. It made it much easier to imagine that it was Darius bounding toward me instead of the wevit I had only met hours before.
Back to top Go down
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry
Surreal SaDiablo

Female

PostSubject: Re: Getting Tired of this Promise   Getting Tired of this Promise EmptyWed Jan 28, 2009 1:56 am

While the woman stepped aside to explain our next move to the man, I followed her advice and dredged up one of the most dangerous memories I could. The strange dream that had amazingly come too close to reality when Darius and I were shipwrecked on a random shore near Det’Hai came flooding back to my mind.
Back to top Go down
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry
Surreal SaDiablo

Female

PostSubject: Re: Getting Tired of this Promise   Getting Tired of this Promise EmptyWed Jan 28, 2009 1:56 am

Fighting the shambling skeletons wasn’t dangerous enough to focus on but the woman we faced after entering the portal sure fit the bill. While she was highly skilled in the art of fire, the earth that Darius had mastered came in very handy and ultimately saved our lives.
Back to top Go down
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry
Surreal SaDiablo

Female

PostSubject: Re: Getting Tired of this Promise   Getting Tired of this Promise EmptyWed Jan 28, 2009 1:57 am

My water and ice would not have lasted nearly as long as they did had he not been able to boost their effects with his earth. If she had known the silent spell and had succeeded in striking my love dumb at the beginning of that battle, we would have never lived through that ordeal.
Back to top Go down
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry
Surreal SaDiablo

Female

PostSubject: Re: Getting Tired of this Promise   Getting Tired of this Promise EmptyWed Jan 28, 2009 1:57 am

The ability to speak is so vital to mages of any element or strength, without it we are rendered not only useless but helpless and vulnerable as well. Anyone with the ability to cast silence over a fellow mage holds fortune in his or her hands. Gather a few of these mages together,
Back to top Go down
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry
Surreal SaDiablo

Female

PostSubject: Re: Getting Tired of this Promise   Getting Tired of this Promise EmptyWed Jan 28, 2009 1:58 am

instruct them to cast only silence on the enemy’s magical forces, then have non silent spell equipped mages or even wevits mow down the dumbstruck victims. It would be a one sided slaughter and no doubt turn the tide of battle. Unless of course if there were light mages like me among those enemy ranks,
Back to top Go down
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry
Surreal SaDiablo

Female

PostSubject: Re: Getting Tired of this Promise   Getting Tired of this Promise EmptyWed Jan 28, 2009 1:58 am

mages who had mastered the art that I was about to learn, the art of preventing such a spell from taking away the arsenal of magic. With the vision of the subterranean nightmare fresh in my mind, I was brought back to reality by the woman’s voice. She and August were ready to begin.
Back to top Go down
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry
Surreal SaDiablo

Female

PostSubject: Re: Getting Tired of this Promise   Getting Tired of this Promise EmptyWed Jan 28, 2009 1:59 am

First off, the man yelled out as loud as he could to demonstrate what I would be listening for through the repetitive casting and clearing of the silence spell. The light mage would be standing next to me so that I would be able to hear her voice even through the echo of the man’s bellow from his position a few yards away.
Back to top Go down
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry
Surreal SaDiablo

Female

PostSubject: Re: Getting Tired of this Promise   Getting Tired of this Promise EmptyWed Jan 28, 2009 1:59 am

I knew what I had to do, understood that I had to figure out a way to stop this destructive spell from being successfully cast. It may not be imperative today, within the safe confines of this light mage school, but someday soon on a battlefield far away it could prove to be the difference between victory and devastation.
Back to top Go down
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry
Surreal SaDiablo

Female

PostSubject: Re: Getting Tired of this Promise   Getting Tired of this Promise EmptyWed Jan 28, 2009 2:00 am

Giving me a nod, the mage woman cast the first silent spell to show me first hand what it would do. The hollering coming from August’s mouth abruptly stopped and the cavernous training room went eerily quiet. Shaking off the chill creeping around my heart and ignoring the shudder running along my spine,
Back to top Go down
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry
Surreal SaDiablo

Female

PostSubject: Re: Getting Tired of this Promise   Getting Tired of this Promise EmptyWed Jan 28, 2009 2:00 am

I steel my resolve and motion for her to remove the spell so I could have my chance to prevent it from happening again. While I had been witnessing her casting and formulating my plan of attack, I had taken the liberty of thinking up the proper words to focus my magical intentions.
Back to top Go down
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry
Surreal SaDiablo

Female

PostSubject: Re: Getting Tired of this Promise   Getting Tired of this Promise EmptyWed Jan 28, 2009 2:01 am

Words aren’t necessary for every spell, especially not words in the ancient language, but for this purpose what else but the language of magic should be used? The phrases I had chosen were literally translated as ‘Speak free! Let not your tongue be silenced.’ Simple, concise, and appropriate for this situation.
Back to top Go down
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry
Surreal SaDiablo

Female

PostSubject: Re: Getting Tired of this Promise   Getting Tired of this Promise EmptyWed Jan 28, 2009 2:02 am

No matter how fitting the word choice may be, I still have to figure out how to effectively block her spell from affecting the man. It wasn’t the same process that comes with shielding from elemental attacks or even physical ones, this was something different, something more akin to a combination of the shielding spells and the attribute boosting ones.
Back to top Go down
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry
Surreal SaDiablo

Female

PostSubject: Re: Getting Tired of this Promise   Getting Tired of this Promise EmptyWed Jan 28, 2009 2:03 am

There would be no physical after effects of what I would do, just the uninterrupted sound coming from the man across the room. Giving the woman a sign to cast again, I ready myself and listen to her words. Just before her spell was complete, I thrust a hand toward the man,
Back to top Go down
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry
Surreal SaDiablo

Female

PostSubject: Re: Getting Tired of this Promise   Getting Tired of this Promise EmptyWed Jan 28, 2009 2:04 am

raised my voice to overpower hers, and let the ancient words roll from my tongue. “Mael thi! Jhaer byr os sylia shi molaelaer!” I could feel the magic come off the woman by my side the instant she released her spell. My heart froze, all breath stalled in my lungs
Back to top Go down
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry
Surreal SaDiablo

Female

PostSubject: Re: Getting Tired of this Promise   Getting Tired of this Promise EmptyWed Jan 28, 2009 2:04 am

as I craned my head and waited for the yelling to cease. It didn’t. No silence came, the room continued to vibrate under the force of the man’s call. I had done it, I had learned the important lesson that could one day prevent a crushing defeat from one of our many enemies.

Light Mage Mastery - Naturally Loud (A)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Getting Tired of this Promise   Getting Tired of this Promise Empty

Back to top Go down

Getting Tired of this Promise
Page 1 of 1