Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

H2H Content Site ( Mirror ) - New Content Added 11/22!

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Symphony of the Night(Closed, Kyro)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
DarkKnightCecil
Respected Elder
DarkKnightCecil

Male
Number of posts : 1215
Rep! : 21
Registration date : 2009-02-18

Symphony of the Night(Closed, Kyro) Empty
PostSubject: Symphony of the Night(Closed, Kyro)   Symphony of the Night(Closed, Kyro) EmptyThu Nov 26, 2009 8:18 pm

Symphony of the Night(Closed, Kyro) Adrian10

Adrian charged through the woods toward the fleeing opponent. His body was covered in the black yakuta, and blood red sash. The Sword of Light was drawn, the blue blade glowing as he charged forward as quickly as he could, coming to a stop not far from the target. The pale man stood there, back to a river, unable or unwilling to cross it for some reason. Adrian didn't care. The man had served his purpose and it was time to end this.

"Minaru. Die now, and leave this world! You'll never belong here!" Adrian said, before drawing his weapon back.

"But this world invited me! Your own kind called me forth, with praise and tribute!" Minaru responded, grinning darkly as he drew a long scythe from the shadows.

"Tribute? You're nothing but a thief! You steal men's souls! Their freedom..."

"Freedom is always sacreficed to faith, good hunter! You should know better than anyone else!"

"To hell with your heresy! You're nothing but a blight on mankind!"

"Ha! Mankind. A cesspit of hatred and lies. What is a man?! A miserable pile of secrets! ENOUGH TALK!"

With that the two shot forward, Minaru's scythe coming back as Adrian lunged forward, slipping inside the blade as it came down, his blade slamming straight through the male's chest. He stood there, glaring at the red eyes of the other male, a grin on his face before he pushed. He threw the other male to the ground, before swinging his sword, blood flying from the weapon.

"You and your kind don't belong among the living. You're nothing but visitors from the past. Shadows from the world of darkness. Return to hell. And let them know that I sent you myself!" he shouted, before taking the other man's head off with one heavy swing.

(301/301)
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Ascended Tonberry
aѕceпxion

Male
Number of posts : 6937
Rep! : 110
Registration date : 2009-01-02

PostSubject: Re: Symphony of the Night(Closed, Kyro)   Symphony of the Night(Closed, Kyro) EmptyFri Nov 27, 2009 12:08 am

I existed moreso as a thought rather than a physical being for some amount of time. My consciousness floated about for some amount of time, wafting over the city and the lands of this area after having lost my physical vessel. In theory, I may have retained my theoretical form, but the thing bounding me to this world was no longer existent. That connection, or bond, with my former master, the human by the name of Natsuki, had been somehow severed and I was no longer able to sustain strength from her body. Eventually, through this limbo, my being became pulled towards a material possession, the only physical items that I had connected to other than my former vessel. The sword known as, Goranova, the Sword of Light, somehow drew my dark presence and through it, I felt my consciousness begin to rebuild and form, it’s immense power somehow allowing me to manifest life once again to my existence.

There had to be a stimulus to release me, however. My strength continued to build within the sword, as it stayed holstered to the swordsman’s side. This time, the time came where the sword came into use and within a swift slash, demonic blood is spilled and a demon’s life is extinguished. At the same time, my rebirthing comes. The head of the demon falls to the ground and the blood spills in a semi circular pattern. The swords glow changes from blue to red for a moment and a sphere grid forms connecting pools of blood on the ground. The grid begins to glow and in a brilliant flash of light, my body rises from it and my form once again manifest, sapping the last of the life from the demon who had been slain mixed with the strength of Goranova. My gaze is down with my hair covering my face as my crimson robes flow in the breeze of my passive strength reactivating. Eventually, the wind dies down and my gaze lifts up. A red glow emits my pupils as my eyes open as I look onto the world once more, unaware of my surroundings or reason for manifestation. The only thing I knew was that I had returned to the earth realm somehow.
Back to top Go down
DarkKnightCecil
Respected Elder
DarkKnightCecil

Male

PostSubject: Re: Symphony of the Night(Closed, Kyro)   Symphony of the Night(Closed, Kyro) EmptyFri Nov 27, 2009 12:47 am

"Domen'Yun... It's been a while now. So where is your mistress? She usually shows up around this time to point a gun in my face, or shoot at me or something." the masked swordsman said, standing there.

His eyes narrowed as he slid Goranova into the ivory sheath at his hip. The weapon had turned red, and he'd been blinded for a moment when the demon had arrived. So he wouldn't have been surprised if this was real or a test the sword had for him. He tilted his head lightly as he moved, the Devil's Teardrop forming in his hand as he waited. He knew full well that the demon was powerful but he had grown much stronger recently as well.

"Aquaiem maha maveil." he said, drawing on the power of the seven star shield.

He felt the mana drain from behind his stomach, though it wasn't nearly as bad as it had been in the past. He could remember a time when it had been hard to keep the shield up for short periods of time. But now it could be summoned and it would last until shattered. The first spell he'd learned, and one of the most powerful ones he had.

(204/505)
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Ascended Tonberry
aѕceпxion

Male

PostSubject: Re: Symphony of the Night(Closed, Kyro)   Symphony of the Night(Closed, Kyro) EmptyFri Nov 27, 2009 1:42 am

In hearing my name spoken, I look up to a familiar voice confirming it to be that one swordsman. I did not know why he was here or for how long he had been here before my arrival, but I did know he no stood before me. His question is one that I am unable to answer. The swords are switched and I watch as the swordsman prepares for battle muttering an incantation I’ve heard from him before. I think, “so be it” to myself, not one to resist a battle. I solidify in my mind that I would tame this human once again and show him his weakness. My hand reaches near my side rear and wraps about the hilt of a blade, its sheath partially hidden in my flowing robes. With a single swiping slash, the dark broadsword is pulled from its scabbard and held off to my side, arm outstretched held right hand parallel to the ground. My arm lowers to my side slowly as I correct, “I have no mistress or master…” I stand upright and strong with the dark sword lowered parallel to my leg as I look over at the swordsman, not taking a particular stance. I coax, “come boy, let’s see if you’ve yet to become a man. Atrum undo fragosus.” The ground before me breaks as dark energy spews up to chest height and rushes, ripping through the ground, towards Adrian, looking to crash into him (darkwave crasher, fierce).
Back to top Go down
DarkKnightCecil
Respected Elder
DarkKnightCecil

Male

PostSubject: Re: Symphony of the Night(Closed, Kyro)   Symphony of the Night(Closed, Kyro) EmptyFri Nov 27, 2009 1:11 pm

His hand extended outward as if shifting his shield to project from him. He grunted when the attack shattered his shield, and struck against him. His eye twitching, Adrian smirked. He knew his way around different techniques but when it came down to magic Adrian was superior in some ways. He didn't charge forward, he didn't even shift his stance as he watched the demonic male stand there. His eyes closed for a moment before he smiled.

"Wipe clean the powers of darkness, and purify the land." he chanted, sutra cards shooting from his sleeves before extending outward.

They surrounded the two warriors, stretching out to a distance of thirty feet. Adrian could create an anti-magical zone. Anything the demon tried would have to be physical. No spells, no ultra special techniques. But it meant that Adrian was just as vulnerable as anyone else but magic would not be welcomed within this area.

"I've only grown stronger since our last encounter." he said standing there.

(165/670)
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Ascended Tonberry
aѕceпxion

Male

PostSubject: Re: Symphony of the Night(Closed, Kyro)   Symphony of the Night(Closed, Kyro) EmptyFri Nov 27, 2009 11:58 pm

As I thought, the shield was no match for a normal magical attack from me. It shatters, but instead of rushing through it towards me, I notice his eyes close. I found this very curious and stood my ground as he gave another incantation showing the human’s abilities to manipulate spiritual magic. I watch as the strange cards rush from his sleeves and surround the area, making sure not to allow any to land upon my personage. I knew from our last encounter that those things weakened me significantly if they touched me, but luckily it didn’t seem as if he were able to aim the stream of cards as they littered the environment around us. Still, that might be part of his angle; I knew he wouldn’t use a technique against me sloppily, or at least hoped he wouldn’t. I determined there must be something to this technique that I was unaware of. I make a mental reminder to note the place of the cards so that I would not step onto one unknowingly and my plan of action is solidified in my mind. The mage swordsman speaks, but instead of replying, I wanted to thwart his efforts. I decide that I would clear a path for me to travel over with a second rendition of my earlier attack. My voice murmurs, “atrum undo fragosus…” The ground does not rip and no trail of dark energy rushes towards him. “Hmmm…” I murmur noticing that I did not seem to be able to use magic. “…atrum orbis” I chant looking into my open free palm, but no dark orb generates in it. With a solemn nod, I murmur, “I see…”
Back to top Go down
DarkKnightCecil
Respected Elder
DarkKnightCecil

Male

PostSubject: Re: Symphony of the Night(Closed, Kyro)   Symphony of the Night(Closed, Kyro) EmptySat Nov 28, 2009 12:36 am

"Come now. You didn't honestly think I'd fall for the same tricks, did you? Let's face it you evolve as I do. But you don't have the same things I do. You're not good enough to beat me." he said, standing there, not moving in.

He wouldn't make the first move. When it came to the demon before him, Adrian couldn't risk rushing into battle. There was a time and place for everything. But Adrian had to be careful. To be patient and fight defensively if he wanted to get out alive. Adrian could go on the offensive after a bit, but it would take more time if he wasn't careful. He didn't want to draw on Goranova with this man unless he had no other choice. And it was looking like he would eventually have to take the weapon from his hip and rely on it's strength once again.

"You don't belong in this world, demon. Do I have to send you back to hell or will you go quietly?" he asked, slowly beginning to circle around toward Domen's left, his blade pointed at the ground.

(187/857)
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Ascended Tonberry
aѕceпxion

Male

PostSubject: Re: Symphony of the Night(Closed, Kyro)   Symphony of the Night(Closed, Kyro) EmptySat Nov 28, 2009 12:48 am

Luckily for me, he continues to speak. As he speaks, my gaze is attentively on him as if inspecting and examining him and my situation. So, I was under the assumption that I could not touch any of the cards that were placed around me. Unlike last time, instead of one card, there were hundreds surrounding the both of us. He did not seem to be affected by this, and I knew that it would be an ineffective gamble to use a technique that would hinder your own ability, so I assumed he retained his abilities to use spiritual arts. For the moment, he held the advantage, yet I assume my intimidation causes him to hesitate in attacking me. In our duels, I’ve noticed that his skills with a sword were top notch and that sword he wielded was very powerful, as I had once wielded it and unleashed it potential. He speaks once more and begins to circle about me. I note his carefulness. His actions did not indicate that he was in a hurry to attack me, so this meant that these cards on the ground might be permanent. Still, in the area covered by the technique, I was unbound. The space we were in was wide open with no confines to restrain my movements. A technique like this would be best utilized in a cavern or corridor setting. Since he posed a question to me, I pause for a moment before I address him. “Do you really think that you are capable of such a thing? You may have acquired new abilities, but you are still a human. Come, I will give you an offer for your courage. Return the Sword of Light to me and I will allow you to become my minion.”
Back to top Go down
DarkKnightCecil
Respected Elder
DarkKnightCecil

Male

PostSubject: Re: Symphony of the Night(Closed, Kyro)   Symphony of the Night(Closed, Kyro) EmptySat Nov 28, 2009 1:37 am

"Now why would I do that when I can just draw it and cut you down?" he asked, standing there as his free hand came down, gripping the hilt of his weapon. "You act as if I'm so afraid of you that I'd bow down just to save myself. I'm not afraid of you. And not even my Goddess can command this blade from my possession."

He reversed direction, as he grinned, closing the distance slowly as he did. He stayed just out of reach of the other male's sword. He wasn't faster, but he was more skilled. Leaping forward he brought the Devil's Teardrop up then down as he landed. At the same time he drew the Sword of Light from his hip, striking as quickly as he could. The ancient art of the quick draw was something he'd been working on since he'd heard about it. Iaijutsu, the drawing strike combination. The blades practically scissored as he brought them down across his target.

(165/1,022)
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Ascended Tonberry
aѕceпxion

Male

PostSubject: Re: Symphony of the Night(Closed, Kyro)   Symphony of the Night(Closed, Kyro) EmptySat Nov 28, 2009 1:45 am

My offer is refused, which was unfortunate for the both of us. I was hoping him to be more tactful. There is mention of a goddess. The meanings of his words escape me, as I had never heard him mention such a thing before. I would have limited time to ponder this fact, as it would seem his weapons were to the ready. His move would finally be made, but my curiosity, a major motivating factor with me at time, is piqued. As he bounds in with the attack, my legs lower and press down as my body elevates in a simple leap backwards to evade the initial attack. My eyes take note of where I am landing, so that I am not landing on one of the hundreds of cards surrounding us. Upon landing, I look up, standing, demanding, “explain this goddess to me, human.” Much like I was bound to Natsuki, could it be that this human was bound to someone or something? I knew mortals often worshipped powerful spirits as gods and in a way, were bound to them.
Back to top Go down
DarkKnightCecil
Respected Elder
DarkKnightCecil

Male

PostSubject: Re: Symphony of the Night(Closed, Kyro)   Symphony of the Night(Closed, Kyro) EmptySat Nov 28, 2009 2:03 am

"Come now, you surely know what a goddess is! One of those is exactly what I mean!" he said, "So why did you choose me? Why not kill me the day we met when you had the chance. You wont do it here, and you didn't have the strength to do it last we met! I wont be losing anymore and I wont wait for the answer!"

The swords of light and darkness had been drawn. And they would not rest until they tasted blood. He followed through the attack with a step forward, his body turning as he brought his arms around. He spun Goranova over the back of his hand, shifting his grip on it as he followed the demon. He wasn't as fast as the demon but following through the spin, he brought both blades out. The Sword of Light raised, he brought the Devil's Teardrop out in a swift horizontal slash, before bringing the crystal blade down to complete the cross slash. He aimed to cut the demon in four!

(174/1,196)
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Ascended Tonberry
aѕceпxion

Male

PostSubject: Re: Symphony of the Night(Closed, Kyro)   Symphony of the Night(Closed, Kyro) EmptySat Nov 28, 2009 2:56 pm

His answer is confusing and cryptic. I presume that this he truly believed in a goddess and may be a religious fanatic. Every era had them, so I would have reference to contrast him with. I would have to go with my assumptions since the statement is not clarified. As his question comes to me, I answer stoically as his attack comes, “I allowed you to live so that you could gain power. Anyone bound by honor would be grateful to his or her master for such a kind gesture.” This weapons ability would almost put him on par with me given my superiority in speed and reflexes. With less skill, but more speed, my blade lifts up in my right hand and strikes the first attack to the side and holds the second strike in place; my dark blade sparking with energy in the physical lock, “I saw potential in you and allowed it to manifest. It is that simple. But it seems that with this power, you have grown arrogant and out of place.” During the parry, I would be watching and preparing for his next move.
Back to top Go down
DarkKnightCecil
Respected Elder
DarkKnightCecil

Male

PostSubject: Re: Symphony of the Night(Closed, Kyro)   Symphony of the Night(Closed, Kyro) EmptySat Nov 28, 2009 4:41 pm

"You're right! Anyone with a sense of honor would be grateful to their master for it. But I'm afraid you have grown arrogant yourself! You're no master of mine! Even back then I never saw you as a master. A rival, someone to destroy. My hatred for you fueled my rise to power! It drove me to master the aspects of myself and the world around me! Let me TEACH YOU!" he challenged.

He brought the Devil's Teardrop up, aiming to drive it right thrugh the other male's throat. Adrian wasn't nearly as strong as Domen, but Adrian's other abilities made him just as powerful as a rounded person. He shook as he grinned, his eyes narrowing as he began to chant.

"You did nothing back then but raise questions! What was the start of all of this? When did the cogs of fate begin to turn? Well perhaps it's impossible to grasp that answer now from this deep within the flow of time. But you know, back then I hated your kind. They took the lives of innocents and I punished them for it. I hurt them and was hurt myself! But back then I still ran like the wind, as my laughter echoed under cerulean skies. I wont stop until everyone in that city knows of your kind. I will unite Humanity under one banner if I have to become the devil himself to do it!"

(238/1,434)
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Ascended Tonberry
aѕceпxion

Male

PostSubject: Re: Symphony of the Night(Closed, Kyro)   Symphony of the Night(Closed, Kyro) EmptySat Nov 28, 2009 5:11 pm

The attack is caught in my peripheral as I was awaiting and expecting the continuation of his attack. He was getting stronger and more fluid in his technique. There were fewer wasted movements than before; his ability with a blade was far past what a normal human should be able to accomplish in a lifetime. My body leans back at the last moment and I am able to feel the blade barely knick my neck. At the same time, my massive foot would strike out in a forward thrust to his gut to attempt to push him back to get some distance between us and throw off his attack. “You’re words prove my point,” I speak sternly, “the realization was not for you then, but is for you now. All that you’ve accomplished is in tribute to me. You hated me and sought to destroy me. With that fueling you, you became stronger. I became the scale on which you are forced to weight yourself. How can you teach anyone if you have not realized what you have been taught? You’re the strength of hatred was my lesson and you absorbed it well, my pupil. Do not allow the blindness of your pride keep you from seeing the truth in my words! But even still, yes you are strong but… it still isn’t enough! There is more potential I see in you. You haven’t made it there just yet.”
Back to top Go down
DarkKnightCecil
Respected Elder
DarkKnightCecil

Male

PostSubject: Re: Symphony of the Night(Closed, Kyro)   Symphony of the Night(Closed, Kyro) EmptySat Nov 28, 2009 6:42 pm

His eyes widened as he was kicked, thrown from the other male. Rolling on the ground he grunted before he came to a stop in the center of the sutra cards. He lay there for a moment breathing before he slowly lifted himself.

"Air is mercural and enigmatic.. The essence of subtlety and innuendo. Air exists everywhere except for the deepest domains of the other elements and is witness to all things there. The wrathful aspects of air can tear down buildings, capsize ships, and lend speed to even the swiftest of warriors." he muttered to himself as he got to his feet.

The swordsman kept his breathing slow and steady as he stood there. He was ready for this match. Domen was a powerful opponent. But when limited to physical combat the man was on par with Adrian's skill with a sword. But Adrian was still at a disadvantage. He breathed slowly as he drew his weapons back, grinning.

"You should watch where you step." he said, grinning.

(169/1,603)
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Ascended Tonberry
aѕceпxion

Male

PostSubject: Re: Symphony of the Night(Closed, Kyro)   Symphony of the Night(Closed, Kyro) EmptySun Nov 29, 2009 2:13 am

The swordsman is tough as ever as he recovers from the kick and slowly picks himself up. I continue to watch him to see if my words had gotten to him, but from his words and reaction it would seem that they did not. With that, my curiosity is killed and the desire to continue to speak with him subsided quickly. The warning comes from the swordsman and I nod, giving my acknowledgement to his words. Thirty feet wasn’t a terribly long distance in a wide-open area. A normal and weak human could easily hop 5 feet intervals, but I knew I could leap further. I leap back and away from Adrian, landing several feet back before performing yet another leap back. By that point, it was irrelevant whether I stepped onto a Sutra card or not, for my final leap would place me into the nearby river where my body would stop and I would stand on the water’s surface, actually using my ability of flight. It was my belief that the flowing waters would add a new angle of difficulty to the swordsman’s ability with its ability to wash away the sutra cards. Looking to Adrian, I question, “and what now?”
Back to top Go down
DarkKnightCecil
Respected Elder
DarkKnightCecil

Male

PostSubject: Re: Symphony of the Night(Closed, Kyro)   Symphony of the Night(Closed, Kyro) EmptySun Nov 29, 2009 7:06 pm

Adrian slid the Sword of light into the ivory sheath at his hip before he turned, walking away. He was done with this fight as much as he would be. He had already broken the rule he had about starting trouble, he would not continue to break them.

"Void is the final element. Void is poorly understood by mortals who seek to quantify all things. Void is the very thing that binds the other elements together but at the same time is the space between them. Void is the essence of everything and nothing at the same time. It's part of the other elements and yet not." he said, reciting his lesson as he walked away.

(116/1,719)
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Ascended Tonberry
aѕceпxion

Male

PostSubject: Re: Symphony of the Night(Closed, Kyro)   Symphony of the Night(Closed, Kyro) EmptySun Nov 29, 2009 11:57 pm

Gazing across at the swordsman as he sheaths his weapon, I am able to see that he has not recourse outside of the spell he caste. I openly challenged him to see what he would do, and with that, his only option was to walk away from the battle. A sinister grin slides across my face. I think to myself that this must be the extent of this so-called “power” he claimed to possess. I had no worries about him getting out of range of me, since I was much faster and could fly. He had not abilities to assist in his escape and unless he made a break for the trees, he would be hard pressed to get away. In any case, I could simply destroy the forest in our immediate surroundings to smoke him out. Interrupting his talking to himself, I call out gruffly, “so human, are you still blind to your own weakness? Do you understand now that you still are not at the level where you can defeat me? Do you think I will simply allow you to walk away?” I made preparations for the scenario for if he made any move to accelerate his escape so that I would be upon him in that case. I felt that weakness was over come when faced with adversity, not when things were going right. A wise warrior stated the phrase, “training boards don’t fight back.”
Back to top Go down
DarkKnightCecil
Respected Elder
DarkKnightCecil

Male

PostSubject: Re: Symphony of the Night(Closed, Kyro)   Symphony of the Night(Closed, Kyro) EmptyMon Nov 30, 2009 3:17 am

"Anger is a weapon only to his enemy." he said, turning to glance over his shoulder at the demon. "If you truly expect me to fight you, why would I give into my anger? My hatred of you drove me to power, yes. But even so, you're above myself. I don't have the same speed or abilities you do. Do you expect me to continue a fight that has no meaning? That has no true purpose? Only a fool fights a battle he cannot win. So I will not fight."

He turned back, walking back toward his home, the Devil's Teardrop coming up to rest on his shoulder as he went. Yawning the male headed away, not sure if the demon would attack him while his guard was down or not. But he was getting better. He only had a few more lessons to go. He only needed a bit more time. When his final lessons were finished nobody would be capable of defeating him in combat. At least nobody he had encountered to now.

(175/1,894)
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Ascended Tonberry
aѕceпxion

Male

PostSubject: Re: Symphony of the Night(Closed, Kyro)   Symphony of the Night(Closed, Kyro) EmptyMon Nov 30, 2009 8:00 pm

The human seems to go from hot to cold to me. I experienced him move from arrogant to humble in a simple showing of common sense strategy. I observe that he seemed to learn from our previous interactions not to rush in, but he still had no strategy to face my strength, which was understandable at this time. In this fight, or scuffle since it did not last long enough to be called a fight, our interaction was limited to a one of his techniques and two of his rushes. Somehow in there, I surmise that he discovered his weakness and understood the message that I was teaching him. On top of that, he passed my earlier test. After seeing that he was much weaker than me, the easy way out would be to accept my tutelage and work beneath me and depend on me to show him the way to power. Much more according to my own belief system, he decided to continue to work on his weakness in private and rejected my offer. I was able to see this in him and that he wanted to grow powerful on his own. I believed that no man should humble himself to another, as it was disgusting. As a warlord in my human days, if he were powerful, he would make a good adversary, but if he were under me, I would be sure to have killed him for his insolence. Still, I worried about this goddess of which he spoke. I would see for myself, the routine of this human. It wasn’t as if he could stop me from doing as I pleased. I would accept his resignation from the battle and follow, watching over him, from this time onward for a bit of time to amuse myself. My form breaks apart into hundreds of locus that hovers over the waters before taking to the skies. I would be a dark cloud following this human until I decided to do otherwise.

Ooc: WC goes to Adrian so long as I don’t have to update it.
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Ascended Tonberry
aѕceпxion

Male

PostSubject: Re: Symphony of the Night(Closed, Kyro)   Symphony of the Night(Closed, Kyro) EmptyTue Dec 01, 2009 12:51 am

Updated.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Symphony of the Night(Closed, Kyro)   Symphony of the Night(Closed, Kyro) Empty

Back to top Go down

Symphony of the Night(Closed, Kyro)
Page 1 of 1