Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

H2H Content Site ( Mirror ) - New Content Added 11/22!

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Of Rainy Days and Cars (Spiritual Impression Quest)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Dreamer
Dreamer

Female
Number of posts : 75
Rep! : 0
Registration date : 2009-01-21

Of Rainy Days and Cars (Spiritual Impression Quest) Empty
PostSubject: Of Rainy Days and Cars (Spiritual Impression Quest)   Of Rainy Days and Cars (Spiritual Impression Quest) EmptyTue Dec 01, 2009 12:27 am

It was cold. How, I knew it was cold, was something that my mind hadn’t quite wrapped around. But perhaps it was the mere aspect of the rain dripping from the grey, cloudy heavens. Because within my mind, it was utterly inane to believe that a spirit could truly feel the unpleasant temperature. The harsh temperature could not reach me, could not touch me, and yet I knew it was there. I would like to feel the warmth of sunlight, and the comfort that had evaded me. Was it so selfish, that I would desire something of that nature. I cannot help myself.

My paws pad across the street; the great snowy white pads leading the way. Nails, clip clopping along the dirty concrete beneath them though they couldn’t be heard unless perhaps you were mildly sensitive to the spirit kind. This life, was not for me. I desired to be seen, and to be known. I had no wish to be unseen. Why? Why wasn’t there someone who would see? And why couldn’t I make myself visible? Others had done it. I was not the first spirit, kamikanjou or otherwise to cross over.

Another passed by me. Careless, unseeing. Passing me as if I were trash. As if I were nothing. And perhaps to them I was. I concentrated, called upon my own power. It was there, I knew it. I was no weakling. I was a being of strength and substance. But then my attempt failed. Frustration welled up within me, as did a lack of understanding. Why couldn’t I do it? A growl rumbled in my chest, irritation curling up within me to the point of violence. I was generally a calm spirit. Frigid, by personality. Anger did not often touch my being. Certainly not as it did now. But I would not give up. I would not fail.

But it did assure I paid less attention to where I was going, and more attention to what I was doing. Not that it mattered; I was little more than a ghost at the moment. And I couldn’t be harmed. At the very least, not by anything physical. I concentrating yet again. Stubborn, determined. It was a trait I had long possessed, no matter the form that I carried. Pulling at my own energy, the part that made me anything at all. Without it, I wouldn’t exist. I would be…nothing. And once more, there was nothing.

I paused there, where I’d been walking. Standing still, unhappy. There came the flash of headlights; one of those human vehicles passing by without so much as a care in the world. Had I been corporal, I would have been drenched by water. It didn’t stop me from desiring, to become a part of the populace, but it did assure I felt less charitable toward human kind. A sigh left me, tail twitching behind me in irritation. For the time being, if I did manage to gain a visible form, I wouldn’t look human by any means. I’d already decided-I’d appear as a canine. The very shape that I pulled my energy into even now. It was a comfortable form.

On down the sidewalk I continued, and unconsciously out into the street. Not that it mattered. It didn’t, not really. And on the way, I continued to try. It was trial and error. On occasion I felt myself begin to form, but then I faltered right back. At the very least, I was making some form of progress. It encouraged me, and gave me hope that I was on the right track. And for that matter, it made me all the more determined. I would succeed. I would reach my goal. Though I did wonder, if in the end, it would be worth it.

Once again, I attempted it. And this time, success. Though I did wonder if it was a shock, for there to suddenly be a great white canine the size of a great dane to suddenly be standing in the middle of the street. If only briefly. I had a moment of revelation. Testing the feel of the elements, the dirty and grime that would have to be washed off later if I kept this form. I’d not considered the fact that I was in the middle of the street. And that it was dangerous. I wasn’t used to having to consider it. It really was to bad I didn’t however.

The moment that I’d become corporal, there was a flash of blinding headlights. And the screech of a car’s tires, the blare of a horn. Startled from my thoughts, I froze. And the vehicle hit. Pain flooded my form, as I was knocked from the middle of the street by the force of it into a gutter. Wounded, badly. And distinctly angry. Understandable, considering I’d just reached my goal, only to be hit by a car. But I had to wonder, what was I going to do? I wasn’t dying. But that didn’t mean I wasn’t in pain. Terrible, terrible pain.

What a day this had turned out to be.

Wc: 852
Gain: Spiritual Impression (passive)
Back to top Go down

Of Rainy Days and Cars (Spiritual Impression Quest)
Page 1 of 1