Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

H2H Content Site ( Mirror ) - New Content Added 11/22!

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The Gentle Soul (Kazalura)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Strayed
Intern
Strayed

Male
Number of posts : 401
Rep! : 4
Registration date : 2010-01-21

The Gentle Soul (Kazalura) Empty
PostSubject: The Gentle Soul (Kazalura)   The Gentle Soul (Kazalura) EmptyThu Apr 01, 2010 10:56 pm

Kaluh’s eyes opened slowly as he rubbed them and sat up, giving a long yawn before standing up and brushing his hair with his hands to lay flat. He folded the blanket and bedroll before heading out of his very modest room. He was fine with it, there was just a lamp his bedroll and a bag of a few other personal items that he had brought with him. Other than that, his room was empty. Kaluh looked around before heading to the courtyard. Only after a few minutes did he realize he had no idea where that was from his room. He was still very new to this place, and easily got turned around. He gave a small sigh as he looked around. "Uh, witch way did I come from again?" He murmured softly to him self and a small blush crossed his face. How dumb would he look if anyone found out he didn’t even know where he was going? He thought before finally drudging up the courage to ask a person walking by. "Um, excuse me, where is the courtyard?" he asked in a soft barely audible tone.

Words 191
Back to top Go down
Kazakura
Respected Elder
Kazakura

Female
Number of posts : 1880
Rep! : 37
Registration date : 2010-01-22

PostSubject: Re: The Gentle Soul (Kazalura)   The Gentle Soul (Kazalura) EmptyFri Apr 02, 2010 6:37 pm

The Gentle Soul (Kazalura) Kyousu11

Before the monk could answer the young boy, A hand reached out and grabbed his collar from behind, spinning him around. There was a stern looking older man with an eye patch over his left eye. He was dressed in simple armor and wore naginata on his back as He looked down at the boy. A slight frown turned the corners of his mouth down. "You are late, boy. Training begins as the sun breaks across the horizon. If I have to come and get you again, you will not like the punishment. In fact I will give you a taste of said punishment." He turned on his heel and walked down the twisting hallways until he reached the front doors of the temple. Pulling them open, he would hold the door for the boy and growl. "Come on, boy. Get moving." After the boy exited the temple, Kyo would continue to lead the boy down the many steps until they reached the stone path. He would take the path down through the forest until the reached a small stream with a fallen log over the river. Kyo then motioned to the boy to get on the log. "You want to be a priest, boy? Then you need to learn to use a weapon. Or at least your body as a weapon."
Back to top Go down
Strayed
Intern
Strayed

Male

PostSubject: Re: The Gentle Soul (Kazalura)   The Gentle Soul (Kazalura) EmptyTue Apr 06, 2010 3:35 pm

Kaluh’s eyes widened as there was a sudden force pulling him back. "Huh?" he murmured as he was pulled around to see the less friendly face that did make him feel any less distressed. All the boy could do was stare and listen as the man spoke. His heart dropped in side his chest as he said that Kahlu was late. Kahlu’s eyes redirected shamefully to the ground, he didn’t make a habit of being late, but it was already a slight failure. As the man turned, his eyes lifted from the floor quickly as he joggled after him. As he was lead down the path the boy tried to think of some way to apologize for upsetting the other, but he eventually gave up, and just followed silently until the man spoke again. "Um, Alright, I like swords" I said with small smile, that was what all the really powerful warriors wielded, swords. But after thinking about it moment, he began to realize swords weren’t very nice, a huge blade that was capable of ripping people to pieces, and Kahlu really didn’t know how he could handle the sight of that blood. ""Hmm….maybe not a sword" he murmured.

words 199
Back to top Go down
Kazakura
Respected Elder
Kazakura

Female

PostSubject: Re: The Gentle Soul (Kazalura)   The Gentle Soul (Kazalura) EmptyWed Apr 07, 2010 10:25 pm

Kyo waited for the boy to get on the log, and then bent down to pick up the two carved sticks lying off to one side, stepping onto the log, Kyo handed the boy one of them. It was only a foot drop off the log into the cool waters, but it would be a lesson well learned when someone fell. They would be wet and it would be harder to fight on the log. The point was not to win against Kyo but to learn about balance. “Do not look like I am going to eat you boy. The high priestess has charged me with your fighting training. Even she can wield a bow. You need to know how to defend yourself in case magic fails you. If you decide to go the magical route. “ The high priestess would be the one to figure that out as well as the old man. Kyo took a stance and swung at the boy in hopes that he would at least blow the slow swing. He was being gentle with the youngster since it looked like he had never done much fighting in his life.
Back to top Go down
Strayed
Intern
Strayed

Male

PostSubject: Re: The Gentle Soul (Kazalura)   The Gentle Soul (Kazalura) EmptySun Apr 11, 2010 4:46 pm

The Gentle Soul (Kazalura) Kahlu10
As Kyo tossed him the weapon, Kaluh reached to grab it, already forgetting his footing and though he fought to keep his balance the boy fell onto his tail end with a thud. Giving a sigh, that at lest he’d managed to not fall in the water. Kahlu then carefully stood once more, a wobble here and there but for the most part he’d was standing soundly. “I-I’m not…” He tried to correct the man as he made the comment about him eating him, thought Kahlu was clearly intimidated. “I’m ready,” the boy said, with a slightly more determined look in his eyes after the tumbled he’d already taken. As Kyo swung Kahlu swung back, not a true block, but the way the kids would lock sticks together pretending to sword fight.
Back to top Go down
Kazakura
Respected Elder
Kazakura

Female

PostSubject: Re: The Gentle Soul (Kazalura)   The Gentle Soul (Kazalura) EmptySun Apr 11, 2010 5:15 pm

Kyo nodded to the boy at his block. "Good. Now, place your front foot back a little bit and turn your back foot out just a bit more. It will help you balance" After getting the boy to go through a few rounds of blocking his swings, Kyo would smile at the boy and ask him to try and swing at him. Again they would go through the movements of fighting, just with the boy hitting at the older man. When the boy finally became winded, Kyo would sweep the staff at his feet to knock him off into the cool water of the stream. IF the boy dodged Kyo would laugh and turn to get off the log, if the boy fell into the water, Kyo would help the boy up and turn to walk to the shore. Either way the boy would get a chuckle out of the old warrior.
Back to top Go down
Strayed
Intern
Strayed

Male

PostSubject: Re: The Gentle Soul (Kazalura)   The Gentle Soul (Kazalura) EmptySun Apr 11, 2010 5:33 pm

The Gentle Soul (Kazalura) Kahlu10

Kaluh’s confidence grew with each tiny victory, though it wasn’t anything serious, he felt it was a step in the right direction. When the man had said that was enough for now, the
boy’s hands collapsed to his knees as he caught his breath, catching the swing from the corner of his vision Kahlu’s head rose just in time to see full sweep to his feet. “Whoa!” He gasped as he fell back and a splash followed. The boy surfaced with a gasp, and just stared at Kyo a moment like a sad puppy, before he to broke into laugher himself as he took the mans hand. “Guess I still have a long way to go?” He said trying to squeeze some of the water out of his clothes.
Back to top Go down
Kazakura
Respected Elder
Kazakura

Female

PostSubject: Re: The Gentle Soul (Kazalura)   The Gentle Soul (Kazalura) EmptyMon Apr 12, 2010 9:21 am

Kyo patted the boy on the back and nodded. "A long way, boy. But do not worry. You'll have at least three of us to learn from. You can call me Kyousuke, boy. And for a first timer at least your heart was in it." He stood and took the weapons and placed them back on the ground near the log. Motioning he began to walk back down the path towards the village. "Come I will show you the village as well. Consider this an honor boy. The High Priestess has made you a part of the clan by accepting the duty of training you for the temple. You must not speak of things you see around here. We are a secretive clan and prefer to remain that way." As the walked Kyo reached under his eye patch and scratched the empty socket with the scar running over it. "Any questions please ask them and I will answer to the best of my ability. But first one from me. Why do you wish to be a priest?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Gentle Soul (Kazalura)   The Gentle Soul (Kazalura) Empty

Back to top Go down

The Gentle Soul (Kazalura)
Page 1 of 1