Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

H2H Content Site ( Mirror ) - New Content Added 11/22!

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Questions About Soul Mode

Go down 
+2
Tsukai
Psi Prince
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Psi Prince
Mystic Moogle
Psi Prince

Male
Number of posts : 2610
Rep! : 96
Registration date : 2009-03-02

Questions About Soul Mode Empty
PostSubject: Questions About Soul Mode   Questions About Soul Mode EmptyWed Jan 12, 2011 12:33 am

Tsukai wrote:
Hey. Recently, I created a character with a false grasp of an understanding of soul modes. This is because no where on the site does it specify how they even work, their drains, their roll dependency, their temporary presence. So, I was wondering if I could put the TEXP I earned with this character to another since his concept is all but shattered because of, once again, an absence of information.
I'm confused on what is missing/lacking... the site clearly specifies Soul Modes:

Soulline Facts
* You can have 1 Soulline per character.
* Each Soulline has a SoulMode that unlocks that soulline's abilities.
* You cannot create custom techniques based off of your Soulline.
* A Soulline cannot be an affinity.

How they work...
- Activate Soul Mode to use soulline's abilities... as listed under facts.

Their drains... Taken from the Breakdown Page:
* Passive abilities without stated drain have no stamina costs.
* Abilities without a strength specified have a default Low drain (-10% STA).

Roll dependency...
- Where does it say that you need to roll for it? You train the Mode to improve your increase.

Temporary presence...
- Again, nothing states that your Soul Mode is temporary. The sheer fact that the description states that the ability is internal implies that it will hold and you merely "activate" its usage.

So tbh, Shin was just extremely gracious/generous to you for allowing you to bypass death rules for restarting a character b/c I just found the answer to your concerns on two pages on the content site. I'm noticing a pattern of claiming that things are not present when they clearly are or claiming that they aren't known yet I don't see questions asked until in the form of a complaint. Should you discover a new question, I would advise to seek clarification first and you will receive an answer. Rune has been here for pretty much the whole time and he still asks questions. This just came off as more of a complaint/hissy than request for info. Hope this helps you salvage your character or better prepare the new character.
Back to top Go down
Tsukai
Intern
Tsukai

Male
Number of posts : 367
Rep! : 10
Registration date : 2010-05-03

PostSubject: Re: Questions About Soul Mode   Questions About Soul Mode EmptyWed Jan 12, 2011 12:51 am

First question. Why didn't you just PM me? You are specifically addressing me to the entirety of the boards? Was that necessary? I brought this matter up with Shin via PM, but was told I was breaking the rules and to post on his thread, so I did.

Second question. Restarting a character? He was a week or so old and I was just asking for the TEXP I got from a contest, nothing more.

*Skims* Something about me being pissy or something...blah blah. Something about advising me to do something, though there is no problem and it's been resolved. Same 'ol bullshit.
Back to top Go down
Blue
Veteran
Blue

Female
Number of posts : 974
Rep! : 26
Registration date : 2010-03-08

PostSubject: Re: Questions About Soul Mode   Questions About Soul Mode EmptyWed Jan 12, 2011 12:53 am

I satiated him with this information, and I was told by someone their unspecified mechanics, someone who was told by Shin. You make these claims about hissyfits yet you're the one who made a new thread for this purpose, addressed it in a very bitter manner, and always seem to have this particular vibe where you attempt to brandish your intelligence, which once again seems to be the purpose of posting this. Or are just performing some common admin worship. The generous thing to do on your part would have been to PM Tsu out of courtesy, but you seem to hypocritically want to be 'hissy' in this case and post it in publicity. I am not sure why since this is something that you wanted to present to Tsukai specifically judging from the conclusion of your post. The unspoken mechanics was that to invoke the mode you have to roll to get the amount of posts it lasts for. You pay 5 stamina and then roll. Where does it say this? Well apparently that's how it works and which is why Tsukai was confused. At the conclusive post you have to spend 5 more stamina and roll again to get the newfound duration, which seemingly is another way to make it so you have to perfect the transformation. Where does it say that? It doesn't, and that's why it's problematic.

Hope this helps you get your facts straight. ^_^
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Ascended Tonberry
aѕceпxion

Male
Number of posts : 6937
Rep! : 110
Registration date : 2009-01-02

PostSubject: Re: Questions About Soul Mode   Questions About Soul Mode EmptyWed Jan 12, 2011 1:24 am

Reading over Psi’s words, I didn’t see any connotation of bitterness. I also don’t see any attempt at him to brandish his intellect or use words that would insinuate he was attempting to do so. I can assure the post was for informational purposes and he points out a trend that’s starting to be noticed. Perhaps someone else had the same misunderstanding that could be cleared by this. PM's would not promote this. The existence of the original quoted post makes it seem as if the information on the site does not exist, which to me seems ‘not good.’ Though, if there really is an issue, it’s best to be discussed in an open manner to assist in the correction of what seems to be misleading or causing misunderstandings. We’re still in the process of dumbing down information since we’ve never before had this level of misunderstanding, historically, on the site. As to set a disclaimer to clarify any misunderstandings my post could possibly make before it is made, this post was made without any purposeful negativity.

In posting order, Psi should be able to reply before 2 more posts are dropped.
Back to top Go down
Psi Prince
Mystic Moogle
Psi Prince

Male

PostSubject: Re: Questions About Soul Mode   Questions About Soul Mode EmptyWed Jan 12, 2011 2:17 am

*Sigh* First things first, Tsukai, you are far too sensitive and defensive. Why did I address you to the entire board? You asked the question/made the comment, so I clarified. As to why I didn't PM you... you've made reference before that there are others who don't understand what you don't understand, so I moved my reply from the original thread here to an OOC thread where DISCUSSION could ensue in case someone questioned the information that I provided.

Is a week old character not a character? The time frame wouldn't really matter. If you restart a character, you're supposed to follow the death rules. Shin made an exception for you. Also, piece of advice, never build a character around a single Soulline or package. Once someone learns to neutralize that package, the character becomes screwed/useless.

In regards to your post, Blue, it is respectable to defend your older brother, but you should read thru the other OOC threads that generally have the word "Discussion" or "Questions" in their title. Most of them start with a quote spoken by this person or that. You two are the first ones to complain about being the ones of mention... well actually... you have nothing to do with this. Read the breakdown page and you'll find the information that you seek. It clearly states that an ability with no drain stated drains 10%. Since most Modes don't have drains listed, it drains at 10%, so please do not try to tell me that it's not listed when I posted it above along with its location on the site. 5% is the drain for a transformation. Whoever told you that probably got the two mixed up. Also, there's a reason for the H2H & Technique Questions boards... that way if anyone, myself included, misstate something, someone else can clarify or give opposing information and Shin will generally come along and set the record straight. That is also why Shin tells people to post things on the boards, that way everyone gets the info... even if it was only meant for one person.

Oh and Blue, your comments about me & my "intelligence boasting" or whatever is amusing, but off.

Am I knowledgeable about the site and its workings? Yes.
Does that make me a useful person to answer/correct questions? Yes.
Does it mean that I'm smarter than everyone else? Not necessarily.

You further show your lack of understanding or awareness with the admin worship comment. No one has had more disagreements over the last four or five years with Shin or Kyro as I have and guess what, I've been called out on the boards not in PMs.

This is the main thing I drew issue with...
If you go to Shin and say, "Hey I want a refund b/c you don't provide this, there's no info for that, and you changed this which screwed up everything for me. So gimme..." it comes off very different from "Hey, I'd like to transfer this to him b/c the Soullines got changed." Shin is a very concise person. If he wants to know your reasoning behind something, he'll ask. Those two approaches have distinctly different tones to them. It bothered me b/c if you looked, you would have found the information as quickly as I did.

I also posted b/c if something had been missing/unclear, I wanted to know since I've been helping Shin make the adjustments that Kyro mentioned above.

I hope I didn't hurt either of your feelings b/c I'm honestly trying to prevent further misunderstandings.
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Ascended Tonberry
aѕceпxion

Male
Number of posts : 6937
Rep! : 110
Registration date : 2009-01-02

PostSubject: Re: Questions About Soul Mode   Questions About Soul Mode EmptyWed Jan 12, 2011 2:44 am

Since this is varying away from site stuff, it would probably be best to continue via PMs if continuation is needed. Of course, this would be to mitigate any negativity that would ensue from the ability that large paragraphs/responses have in misrepresenting intent.
Back to top Go down
Psi Prince
Mystic Moogle
Psi Prince

Male

PostSubject: Re: Questions About Soul Mode   Questions About Soul Mode EmptyWed Jan 12, 2011 3:13 am

Agreed. Tsukai/Blue, if you have any rebuttals/further issues, hit me up on messenger @ kunashi@hotmail.com or via PM. I would ask/suggest that if you are unclear about things in future, utilize the site help board.
Back to top Go down
Tsukai
Intern
Tsukai

Male

PostSubject: Re: Questions About Soul Mode   Questions About Soul Mode EmptyWed Jan 12, 2011 7:44 am

And now you criticize me for being too sensitive and defensive, comments that hold no relevancy to whatever it is you and Escalation wish to discuss with the site. Personal it has already grown and that is exactly how I predicted this thread would go, which is why I inquired as to why this was not brought to me specifically if it is essentially only to address me. Is this an issue of sensitivity or common sense? I expect the latter. There is no discussion needed. Shin went to clarify these rules on the site. If he moved to do such a thing, then that is proof that how you explained modes to work to be false and, once more, voids the need for "DISCUSSION." Even if they follow the default weak costs, it would be clarified on the site regardless, nullifying the need for "discussion."

Nobody was saying a week-old character isn't a character. You miss my point entirely and only move to counter it for the sake of countering it. I'm well aware of death rules, but there is a difference between "restarting" (or what actually is taking a prize to another character. Technique EXP/TEXP is lost, so it isn't even an actual rebirth) a character with 20 texp and one having 500 or more, like your character. Those are my thoughts and it looks like we won't be seeing eye to eye here.

Now, I didn't go to Shin and say that. This paints me in one terrible light, do you not agree? Do you believe I actually came to Shin like that? Definitely not. It was not the same message as you assume. It seems Shin asks you for your reasons, but this both required a 'why' and honestly, you're expecting too much once more from everybody. If this is true, then it should be stated that Shin is concise and that he doesn't need your reasons, so please don't post them; otherwise, you must be a mind reader. The information you found it apparently incorrect. We'll find out when Shin posts and if we were all wrong, then I apologize for that. If we were right, well then this thread should never have been made for everybody without an understanding would gain one after reading those clarified rules.

I don't agree with your piece of advice of not picking a particular theme for a character instead of just learning every package in sight. Some people, through preference, prefer a theme and don't wish to acquire all of the packages. Even in the rules it states you only need one good technique and that you don't need to acquire them all. I apologize, but I just don't see that as very good advice. I would suggest the opposite - to pick a theme such as, like a few have already, firearms to pursue an in-character carrier such as Police work or becoming a part of the D12 division. This is, of course, personal preference. My issue was the lack of information on "modes" and as I've said, I don't believe they work like you have said. I have read all of those rules and still don't understand why modes exist at all if they work just like techniques without a specified cost, but like I said, it looks as if Shin will have to clear that up when he clarifies the rules (which he would have done with or without the existence of this thread) or when he signs online sometime in the near future.

Using the Help board is what I have been doing. I have been asking questions and even this one was posted on there. It was not in question form, but if there were no truth to my statements, I'm sure Shin would have enlightened me. He did not, but instead said he would clarify these apparently unique workings of modes. There seemed to be little point in telling both Blue and myself to post there if we already have been.

As for taking this to PM, it seems a tad-bit late for that. Ironic though. lol.
Back to top Go down
Blue
Veteran
Blue

Female
Number of posts : 974
Rep! : 26
Registration date : 2010-03-08

PostSubject: Re: Questions About Soul Mode   Questions About Soul Mode EmptyWed Jan 12, 2011 8:15 am

Lol umad?

It find it amusingly hypocritical that you mention asking questions yet have not went through the time to ask Tsukai for clarification about his question. Rather, you just made a bashing thread about something that was already resolved. Moving on from the personal matter that you decidedly posted on the boards, contrary to your own context, I got my information from someone who got it from Shin. That is why it's a problem, because it's not stated in the rules, but is how it works. That is why Shin is going to reword it, because it is not clear how it works in the rules as of yet. Also, you may want to refer to the "transformation" aspect of the name of the soulmode. Like Undead "transformation"? Yeah.

Am I knowledgeable about the site and its workings? Yes. Sometimes.
Does that make me a useful person to answer/correct questions? Yes. Sometimes.
Does it mean that I'm smarter than everyone else? Not necessarily. No.

Cool story brah. Anyway, wrong again. My admin worship comments respectively follows what you've demonstrated with your wording, not my ignorance from not being here for 4-5 years or whatever.
Quote :
So tbh, Shin was just extremely gracious/generous to you
...more defending, more misunderstanding of what Tsukai said, rawr rawr, anger, personal attacks (Probably should have been in PM), consistent compliments to Shin, more debunking us, yeah, k. No admin praise here, a hurr hurr ha.
Back to top Go down
ShinTre_Admin
Admin
ShinTre_Admin

Male
Number of posts : 3438
Rep! : 29
Registration date : 2008-12-02

PostSubject: Re: Questions About Soul Mode   Questions About Soul Mode EmptyWed Jan 12, 2011 10:36 am

keep this focused on what's unclear and what needs to be clarified
if someone says somethin's unclear, i'll assume they're not lying
i haven't been able to look into it yet, but i'll get around to it. if it's already there, cool. what needs to be cleared up? etc. if not, then it helps me to know where the disconnect is.
helping each other understand how you make each other feel can be done in pm and messenger as offered
unless there's specific questions there's no real need to reply here
suggestions on wording can be discussed here and moved to site suggestion
ppreciate it all
Back to top Go down
https://wotr.rpg-board.net
Tsukai
Intern
Tsukai

Male

PostSubject: Re: Questions About Soul Mode   Questions About Soul Mode EmptyWed Jan 12, 2011 11:07 am

I have a few questions about modes / soul modes.

1. How much does a mode cost to activate?
2. How long do they last?
3. Do you pay this stamina cost each post it's active?
4. Are there any dice rolls involved and are they to determine if it's performed successfully, the amount of time it lasts, or both?
Back to top Go down
ShinTre_Admin
Admin
ShinTre_Admin

Male

PostSubject: Re: Questions About Soul Mode   Questions About Soul Mode EmptyWed Jan 12, 2011 11:46 am

it activates a mode. if a mode doesn't specify a drain, then it's gonna be weak. that means @ novice it's gonna cost ya 10 stamina and at perfected it's gonna cost 5. if you're in a fight where you're rollin techs and you roll for a mode, then follow the "status effect/mode" guidelines on the breakdown. i.e. if you got the trans @ honed and you roll a delta on it, then it's gonna last 3 posts. if you're in a rp where u and the ppl in it agree not to roll and u got it @ honed then you got it @ gamma which is 2 posts. if you got it @ perfected, it's gonna last 5 posts til you have to reactivate it. when you reactive it, the stamina cost comes back up. you pay that and you're good for another # of posts. whether your rolling or not is up to the ppl in the RP. if you're in an event and i say that we're usin site rules, then some times i'll make ppl roll their crap so ppl who've got novice ish aren't all super bad ass, etc. ppl use site rules for serious battles and death matches, etc.
Back to top Go down
Tsukai
Intern
Tsukai

Male

PostSubject: Re: Questions About Soul Mode   Questions About Soul Mode EmptyWed Jan 12, 2011 2:03 pm

That clears things right up. Thanks. Now to find pictures.
*Rolls off*
Back to top Go down
Psi Prince
Mystic Moogle
Psi Prince

Male

PostSubject: Re: Questions About Soul Mode   Questions About Soul Mode EmptyWed Jan 12, 2011 4:54 pm

One correction to that, Chief. At perfected, it drains at 7, not 5. You changed that calculation. Perfected reduces 30%, Affinity reduces 50%. Don't want them to be misinformed after all.

As for the other stuff above, in case you couldn't read between the lines on what Kyro & I were saying/doing in those last two posts, I don't care about your personal butthurtness. Nothing or, at best, a dismal amount of you said in response to my initial post had any bearing on what the topic was about. You took it how you did and now your questions have been answered in accordance with what's already posted on the site. So... moving on. ^_^
Back to top Go down
ShinTre_Admin
Admin
ShinTre_Admin

Male

PostSubject: Re: Questions About Soul Mode   Questions About Soul Mode EmptyWed Jan 12, 2011 4:58 pm

don't start anything back up.
thx for the correction, but that's all that was needed.
i don't like deleting posts and locking threads, but dun push it.
thx
Back to top Go down
Antifreke
Mystic Moogle
Antifreke

Female
Number of posts : 2378
Rep! : 18
Registration date : 2009-03-03

PostSubject: Re: Questions About Soul Mode   Questions About Soul Mode EmptySat Jan 22, 2011 10:01 pm

I figured since both Kyro and Kaz were here, I should make an appearance.

I like soul modes.

that is all.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Questions About Soul Mode   Questions About Soul Mode Empty

Back to top Go down

Questions About Soul Mode
Page 1 of 1