Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

H2H Content Site ( Mirror ) - New Content Added 11/22!

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Taming the Lord of Death (Quest: Rei, Invited)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
aѕceпxion
Ascended Tonberry
aѕceпxion

Male
Number of posts : 6937
Rep! : 110
Registration date : 2009-01-02

Taming the Lord of Death (Quest: Rei, Invited) Empty
PostSubject: Taming the Lord of Death (Quest: Rei, Invited)   Taming the Lord of Death (Quest: Rei, Invited) EmptyTue Apr 06, 2010 10:24 pm

Taming the Lord of Death (Quest: Rei, Invited) Domenyunbanner_01

Taming the Lord of Death

The sun lingers, hovering teasingly over the waters of the expansive sea, just out of the horizon’s reach. The evening skies burn with colors mixing between violent and crimson. I stand gazing out onto this sunset view, looking across the waters that span from my abode. As I do, something floats down from above, buzzing like a mosquito and sparkling like a spirit particle. My gaze shifts to see the approach of what apparently was the budding fairy, found by Kazakura and myself and freed from his former master to serve me in the revitalization of the stagnant powers within me. The fairy hovers several feet from me and to the side as he greets, “good evening master! I’ve bought you good news once again!” My gaze lingers on the fairy for a moment before turning back to the ocean to continue my thoughts of brooding. The fairy, expecting a reply, waits for a moment, realizing that he would not receive one. A sweat drop descends the side of his face. He clears his throat, turning to the side a bit, before re-facing me and speaking as if given permission to speak. He continues, “Master, I was speaking with other fairies when…” I interrupt, “there are more of you?” He blinks and informs, “hell yeah, we’ve got a fairy council in the fairy world.” I frown, speaking to him without looking as I comment, “fairy world.” He folds his arms and nods several times, grinningly, before pointing up and speaking, “fairies are very advanced in their soci…” I interrupt again, “but you were saying?” His eye twitches and he sighs, then lowers his hand and continues, “apparently there is a loose Onisu in this realm! Master, you can claim it for yourself!” I pause and turn to look at him, requesting, “Onisu?”

Moments later, a golem is dispatched in order to look for and locate the boy who served as my apprentice.

322 / 322

"The Onisu"
The story of the Onisu is lost in the chronicles of time. These demons came into being as an indirect consequence of the betrayal of a Katsuhito priestess (Mizuho) when her family turned against her. She swore the soul of her first born child to the rulers of hell if only for the power to fight back against her betrayers and thus the Onisu were born. After being summoned they faithfully served even after Hell had gotten its payment in the form of Mizuho taking the life of her first born. After her death the Onisu fled into different parts of the world to influence it as they saw fit. If you hunt down and slay an Onisu, then you can steal its fleeting soul and gain one use of its power or it will bond to you allowing you to summon its power once.

Hakai, Lord of Death
A dark reaper spirit that has the ability to perform a large and devastating scythe slash from the heavens leaving a rut in the land.

Taming the Lord of Death (Quest: Rei, Invited) Domenyunbanner_03
Back to top Go down
Rei
Veteran
Rei

Male
Number of posts : 851
Rep! : 7
Registration date : 2009-02-03

PostSubject: Re: Taming the Lord of Death (Quest: Rei, Invited)   Taming the Lord of Death (Quest: Rei, Invited) EmptyWed Apr 07, 2010 12:01 am

My master wasn't the only one brooding. I was doing it within the cave, deep inside where neither Kazakura nor my master would look for me. I had questions to exmain on my own. I had hardly slept since getting back into the cave. This was nothing new to me, though, as at certain times of the year or on certain roads I went days without sleep. Tough my memory was fuzzy on what happened during those days. I closed my eyes after a moment and then leaned forward in my thinking pose- my back against he wall unless I leaned forward, one leg on the ground and looking like half a Indian style sitting while the other was up, the arm with the leg up would on that leg while the other one rested in my lap. There was something in the air- a feel that something was here- my master was likely in his usual place. I would look back down when I heard something coming my way. I would shake my head and pull on a tie to my hair and stand up. I saw one of my master's golems coming my way. I wouldn't wave, just started to move- if it motioned for me to follow, I would, but if it didn't, I would head for my master's usual location. I avoided looking at or speaking to anyone that I met along the way- it wasn't that I disliked them, it was that I was still in my process of thinking. Whether the the golem lead me to my master or I found him on my own, I would stop and ask him, "You wanted to see me, Master?" My tone would reflect the time I had spend thinking to myself

Words: 295 / 295
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Ascended Tonberry
aѕceпxion

Male

PostSubject: Re: Taming the Lord of Death (Quest: Rei, Invited)   Taming the Lord of Death (Quest: Rei, Invited) EmptyWed Apr 07, 2010 5:47 pm

Taming the Lord of Death

The golem picks up on the movement as the boy shifts from where he was in order to follow behind. It would seem that the boy was content on simply following the golem, but that would not due. The golem was a warrior of chaos and darkness, and as such, this process of retrieval would not be as simple as merely a fetch and follow. The dark golem, versed in chaos and evil, stands before Rei, blocking the path of his passing in a menacing manner. Slowly its appendages lift up in an ominous fashion and it moves around in an odd manner. After a moment, it could be noticed that the demon was attempting to communicate through charades. It folds its arms at its chest to represent Domen, before pointing towards the boy and making odd gyrations that loosely translated to come. After a moment of this, it leads the way as normal.

After a while, I turn to notice the approach of Rei as my golem leads him to me. By this time, I would not longer be inside of the cavern as the golem would have lead Rei outside to the surface grounds where everyone else but myself normally dwelled and where the construction was taking place. On the outskirts of the construction zone, I turn to face Rei with my arms folded as he and the golem would approach. A small glint of spirit energy would be hovering to my side at head level. Seeing him, I nod and comment, “good, you are here.” Turning to the fairy, I speak, “tell him what you told me.” The fairy nods happily and then flies in front of Rei, about the size of half of his face. The fairy would be wearing a roguish feathered hat along with a green leotard and a half vest. He holds out a tiny hand and greets, “nice t’meetcha! I’m Domen’s personal fairy, Paco. You must be Rei.”

326 / 648
Back to top Go down
Rei
Veteran
Rei

Male

PostSubject: Re: Taming the Lord of Death (Quest: Rei, Invited)   Taming the Lord of Death (Quest: Rei, Invited) EmptyWed Apr 07, 2010 8:16 pm

It took longer then I would have liked with this stupid golem to reach there- it was making strange movements- it wasn't like I had anything better to do then stand there and start at it. I would finally reach my master and he was glade to see I'd made it- he wasn't in his usual place, but down near a construction area. I would pause and look at the area before my eyes turned to him again and saw a strange being above his head- well, I didn't know what it was. It must have listened to what it said, because it came at me. Was this another test? My eyes were narrowed as it came over and then shocked at a... tiny man dressed in lots of green. He would speak very informally, and then it spoke to me. He informed me that it was nice to meet me and that he was Paco- and asserting that I was Rei. A little too shocked to speak, I would merely nod my head. I had never heard of a being like this, not even in foreign village legends. For me, this fairy thing was very new and very interesting. I wondered if I should grab it and see if it was magical or an actual being. The something struck me- it had called my master Domen, instead of Domen'yub. Was that something I would dare call the man? Not while I was weaker then he was, I wouldn't dare.

Words: 25o / 545
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Ascended Tonberry
aѕceпxion

Male

PostSubject: Re: Taming the Lord of Death (Quest: Rei, Invited)   Taming the Lord of Death (Quest: Rei, Invited) EmptyWed Apr 07, 2010 10:41 pm

Taming the Lord of Death

My hand reaches out and grabs the thing as I start to ball it up in my massive palms speaking, “I said to tell him what you told me. You’re name is unimportant…” There is protest and screams of pain, uncle, and little bones breaking during this process. With a toss, I release him and the wrinkled little thing floats about woozily before shaking itself off and returning to normal. To my annoyance I had found the thing was very resilient. He clears his throat while taking off his hat and smoothing it out. He places it back onto his head and readdresses Rei. He continues, “achem. But what the master would like me to tell you is about the Onisu.” He looks back towards me and gives a wink and a thumbs up before turning back to Rei. I frown noticeably, but ignore the gesture further. The fairy continues, “The story of the Onisu is lost in the chronicles of time. These demons came into being as an indirect consequence of the betrayal of a Katsuhito priestess name Mizuho when her family turned against her. She swore the soul of her first born child to the rulers of hell if only for the power to fight back against her betrayers and thus the Onisu were born. After being summoned they faithfully served even after Hell had gotten its payment in the form of Mizuho taking the life of her first born. After her death the Onisu fled into different parts of the world to influence it as they saw fit. If you hunt down and slay an Onisu, then you can steal its fleeting soul and gain one use of its power or it will bond to you allowing you to summon its power once.” He pauses to gauge Rei’s reaction. He concludes, “Hakai, the Onisu of death awaits you! I happen to know where it is and the master wants me to lead us there! He’s decided to let you defeat and take Hakai instead of keeping its power for himself. As expected of our glorious and merciful master… ain’t that great?”

354 / 1002
Back to top Go down
Rei
Veteran
Rei

Male

PostSubject: Re: Taming the Lord of Death (Quest: Rei, Invited)   Taming the Lord of Death (Quest: Rei, Invited) EmptyThu Apr 08, 2010 10:13 pm

I would look between my master and the fairy like creature, the fairy getting grabbed and crushed, one of my eyes closing at the sound. I would say little to it as I quickly regained my composure and stared at the fairy. It then started to speak of a legend- I usually didn’t like legends, and thought little of it for the moment as I thought, “So it really is... a kind of legend that we’re going to chase after. Why are we even bothering with this...” I would listen and then the thing spoke about what our real target was- the Onisu of the dead, Hakai. And I was supposed to defeat it and kill it- then steal it’s soul and it’s power. My eyes would widen before I would look between the two as I would reply, "Yes, I see..." Perhaps this was a tool to use with anyone that was like Nova, but more powerful? I would look at my master a final time before saying, "If my master believes that I can do it, then I shall. Thanks for the info." I would just hope that the fairy was kind of wrong- fighting something at that level might really kill me. But my master had confidence in me, and with my disappointment with Nova... I felt like I had to show him that I was still capable of doing his will, but now closer to what he wants. I await my master's reply to the fairy like thing or myself with patience.

Words: 255 / 8oo
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Ascended Tonberry
aѕceпxion

Male

PostSubject: Re: Taming the Lord of Death (Quest: Rei, Invited)   Taming the Lord of Death (Quest: Rei, Invited) EmptyThu Apr 08, 2010 10:25 pm

Taming the Lord of Death

After the fairy is done speaking, I nod and confirm, “so that is how it is.” Looking upon my disciple, I was glad he seemed to take the news well. It was a monumentus task, and I did not believe he could do it alone at his level, but I would allow him to try for as long as he could hold out. The last summons I fought against proved to be a foe comparable to my own power. Looking to the fairy, my order is concise as I speak, “lead us there.” The fairy turns around and salutes before flying off in a trail of pixie dust. A frown would come to my lips as I would move after it, allowing it to lead with the boy assumed to be in tow. As the trip progresses the evening skies begin to wane even more. Night creeps over the skies as we approach the forests which had become dark with the death of the daylight. The fairy hums lightly to himself as he leads the way towards and through the forests. Both of us would be moving at a height above the treetops. Of course I would not give any mind to if Rei had any difficulty keeping the same height as us. My arms would be folded at my waist as I flew wondering what type of setting we would find this particular demon in. I look to the fairy and ask, “where exactly is it?” All smiles, he assures, “we’re close master, we’re close!” Afterwards his voice murmurs, “I hope…”

262 / 1264
Back to top Go down
Rei
Veteran
Rei

Male

PostSubject: Re: Taming the Lord of Death (Quest: Rei, Invited)   Taming the Lord of Death (Quest: Rei, Invited) EmptySat Apr 10, 2010 1:24 pm

As it was, this was just what I likely needed to prove myself again to my master. I would think a bit more on this as I wondered how much power I really would need to complete this task, but that was beyond the point. I noticed that Domen'yun was not having a 'disappointed' look on his face as I had thought. I wondered then, for just that moment, why he had went away after blasting me with energy (which had hurt a great deal, despite what I showed- I'd been limping the rest of the night). I would mentally shake the thought away as he said to lead the way. I cursed- it wasn't dark yet. I would lag behind, and that would never help. I would watch as the fairy and my master lifted into the air and I started to get ready to move. When they did, I ran at full speed- maybe for a human it would be impressive, but nothing overly impressive to Oni. As I moved, I looked for the fairy's trail of dust like substance- if this fairy was a scout, it would not make it very hard for someone to retrace the fairy's steps or track it. And unlike my master, I had to rest my legs a few times- he could fly, and I was restricted to my legs. However, when darkness came, I turned into my vaspire form and jumped in the air, flying after them, using my nose to track them if they had gotten ahead of me. As I reached the forests I had, hopefully, caught up with them and moved faster to find them, making sure to keep a look out for trees so I wouldn't hit one.

Words: 291 / 1,o91
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Ascended Tonberry
aѕceпxion

Male

PostSubject: Re: Taming the Lord of Death (Quest: Rei, Invited)   Taming the Lord of Death (Quest: Rei, Invited) EmptySat Apr 10, 2010 3:09 pm

Taming the Lord of Death

The trip is made further into the forest and soon the environment would start to alter and change around Rei. The stars in the sky would slowly dim and the moonlight would vanish leaving nothing in the skies to guide his movements. As the scene moves closer to being pitch black, his the area would be enhanced by a dull emerald glow that seems to illuminate the forest around him from a center point based on him, moving with him. The trees would start resembling one another with no identifying markers to assist in navigation through these woods. Small swirling ‘souls’ about the size of an orange in amorphous shapes start drifting around the terrain with the taste of death in the air.

123 / 1387
Back to top Go down
Rei
Veteran
Rei

Male

PostSubject: Re: Taming the Lord of Death (Quest: Rei, Invited)   Taming the Lord of Death (Quest: Rei, Invited) EmptySat Apr 10, 2010 3:37 pm

I would following through the forest until I noticed the changes. The trees becoming similar, one might say the same. I would pause as the cloak I wore fluttered and then fell down around me, cancelling my three blades. I looked around with caution- I saw what I could only call souls were now swirling around me. A green light invaded the area, being the lone light as the stars faded away. Surprise gripped me as fear hung over like the hang man. I knew that fear would kill me. I would refuse to give into that as one of Nova's katana came into my left arm, withdrawn from the right side of my body. I then started to move again, not trusting the branches below me. How could I trust this place? I no longer smelled blood so much as... death. Putrid and provocative. The scar on my chest hurt inside. I awoke to the death of my village in the last. The smell of death, burned, and rotted corpses had been artfully chiseled into my memory. What welled within me was now no longer surprise. Indeed, I fought fear off with anger- this thing had not prevented an everyday thing, but it was personal. “Why...” The words slipped from my lips before I spoke softer, thought if Domen’yun could hear me, it would sound fully of rage, “Why did you leave me alive?” I would feel this was not the being that took lives, that was a dragon within my religion, but aid could certainly have been given.

Words: 26o / 1,351
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Ascended Tonberry
aѕceпxion

Male

PostSubject: Re: Taming the Lord of Death (Quest: Rei, Invited)   Taming the Lord of Death (Quest: Rei, Invited) EmptySat Apr 10, 2010 3:51 pm

Taming the Lord of Death

There is no answer to his words. Since had stopped his motion, the environment almost appear to seem as it if were swirling with him in the center. Instead of a rustling noise, there would be a soft sound of air being moves from one side as if something where passing that way. Much in a similar fashion, the same thing would occur on the opposite side of him, then to one side, then the other. The ground starts to glow with a dull crimson hue and from above, the outlines would create the symbol of a skull. The souls transfer their feelings to him. They do not speak in a language, but moreso in emotions questioning why some would seek death and trying to warn Rei of the reaper. Their feelings would imprint the words to him, “run, for he has already noticed you! Escape from death!” A path illuminates with the same dull glow which had possessed Rei and spans from Rei’s current position to an area far away in the forest. Along that path, the Reaper makes his first appearance, moving slowly, consisting of bones encased in a black hooded coat with a metallic scythe sliding along the ground, creating a scraping noise as he approaches.

209 / 1596
Back to top Go down
Rei
Veteran
Rei

Male

PostSubject: Re: Taming the Lord of Death (Quest: Rei, Invited)   Taming the Lord of Death (Quest: Rei, Invited) EmptySat Apr 10, 2010 5:20 pm

It seemed that stopping had changed the emerald lights to ruby. I would slow down and stop again, not hearing an answer for my question- had I really expected to hear one? Likely not. However, emotions battered me with the impression of words: run. My eyes narrow and widen at the words. To run meant to back down. To run meant to be a coward. Death had set his sights on me for a second time. The first time I had either been left alive or willed myself to live. Whichever it was, I would stop again. A crimson light came as a path, and rattling bones with a cloak headed my way. The scarping of metal on the ground signified that he was coming. I would turn my head to it as I finally replied to the spirits, or souls, whatever they were, "I cannot run away. There is no time to fear Death. I have to push forward. Running from Death is a step back..." I turned fully to it. Perhaps my anger helped me make the decision to stay and fight. Perhaps I had finally accepted something: I could actually die. Death was not something I could escape. No one could- it would catch up, despite the weight of the scythe. My right hand ripped a sword and ripped it from the sheath. Rushing in was stupid- I could die, but that would be pointless if I just charged in to greet it. I must be patient. I would stay in the air- I didn't trust the path all that much.

Words: 264 / 1,615
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Ascended Tonberry
aѕceпxion

Male

PostSubject: Re: Taming the Lord of Death (Quest: Rei, Invited)   Taming the Lord of Death (Quest: Rei, Invited) EmptySat Apr 10, 2010 5:32 pm

Taming the Lord of Death

The trees sink into the ground around Rei and the area turns into a black void with only darkness and the light of the trail and the light emanating from Rei, signifying his own life force. As he became more determined, that light would get brighter, but if worry were to come into his mind, the light would dull. The path leads up to the center of the glowing skull tribal marking on the ground, which would now consist more of some dense black substance than the dirt of the forest. It was almost as if Rei were in another realm.

Death flickers, his image appearing in three places for a moment and then it appears to the side of Rei, within three feet of him. Death’s scythe rises into the air and swings down, its blade seeking Rei’s upper body.

141 / 1737
Back to top Go down
Rei
Veteran
Rei

Male

PostSubject: Re: Taming the Lord of Death (Quest: Rei, Invited)   Taming the Lord of Death (Quest: Rei, Invited) EmptySat Apr 10, 2010 5:44 pm

Things started to get really weird as the world around me change even further. I became my own beacon of light and Death was like a plague to that. I would look around carefully- smelling for blood was useless, Death had no blood on him. I would land on the ground before death flickered from sight. Now where was he? A swordsman attacked his opponents from any side. I would use all my power now and looked to both my sides- a frontal assult would be too obvious. With a blade in each hand, I used the blade on the side he would swing from, which I could see and hopefully countered by bringing the sword out in a reversed grip. My arm would then push against it as I rose the other blade into a stabbing position as I thought to myself, "Sonic Slash!" The length would increase as I aimed to stab it into on of Death's arms to try and break the joint off. Of course I wondered if Death had ever fought with a vaspire that refused to die. At least right now I had no thoughts about dying. I was determined to live and protect people the best I could. Domen'yun, he was a stepping stone. I learned a lot from him, and with the empire, I wondered if I couldn't become a noble and break the stereotype of what nobles were projected to be. But those were future plans. The time for now was to fight and defeat a creature of bones called Death.

Words: 26o / 1,875
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Ascended Tonberry
aѕceпxion

Male

PostSubject: Re: Taming the Lord of Death (Quest: Rei, Invited)   Taming the Lord of Death (Quest: Rei, Invited) EmptySat Apr 10, 2010 7:02 pm

Taming the Lord of Death

At the time the scythe is blocked, Rei would find out the true weight of the attack and it should come as some surprise. Though death had no muscles on his cloak covered form, his scythe would be much heavier than a normal human would be able to tolerate and a bit much for a demon to attempt to block one handedly. Death does not pull his blade up as he is countered by the second sword, rather he exerts force into the weapon lock strong enough to break the ground beneath Rei’s feet and create a small line in the ground beneath him. This should at least throw off the sonic thrust from meeting its precise destination at the least. With overpowering and mystical strength, Death would seek to push Rei’s blade against him, then swing in a horizontal manner to send the boy flying.

146 / 1883
Back to top Go down
Rei
Veteran
Rei

Male

PostSubject: Re: Taming the Lord of Death (Quest: Rei, Invited)   Taming the Lord of Death (Quest: Rei, Invited) EmptySat Apr 10, 2010 8:58 pm

As a knew that real battles had no pauses between attacks, neither did this one. The weight of the scythe was amazing- no longer it was being dragged along inside of on the shoulder in a Cloud esque manor, over the shoulder. Even with the strength I held, I was being pushed, not only that, but my sonic blade would find that it was thrown off target as the ground under my feet was broken do me starting to be overpowered, my mouth expelling a grunt, "Khhh!" The blade would likely now slice into the robe, but that didn't mean I still couldn't strike him. Slicing to the side to get my blade out of the way, I would bring my second katana up as he slashed again, blocking it as I brought the other sword up to assist in the guard. I was being overpowered and I knew it. How could I beat him? Perhaps I could allow Death to take an arm off and then attack at a core or in it's eyes? I wouldn't know until I tried, but I needed to get my stamina back to try something like that. My eyes would widen as I gave a defiant, "Rahhh!" With two blades, I would push the scythe and kick out at Death, though I would use my flight technique to stay above a broken ground this time. There was a possibility that striking him with a kick would rot my leg- if that was the case, then I would cut it off and regrow it, learning more of Death's abilities.

Words: 265 / 2,14o
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Ascended Tonberry
aѕceпxion

Male

PostSubject: Re: Taming the Lord of Death (Quest: Rei, Invited)   Taming the Lord of Death (Quest: Rei, Invited) EmptySat Apr 10, 2010 9:47 pm

Taming the Lord of Death

The cloak tears at the areas where the sword slashes. If blade met with undead bone, it wouldn’t fracture it, rather the blade would be damaged where the strike was made. The foot comes in contact with death in an attempt to kick him back, but it would be much like a human trying to kick back a building. Death would be resolute and concrete in his spatial position, seemingly an unmovable force. Even so, death acknowledges the tenacity of the human and exudes a force to counter act the kick with enough strength, in the fashion of a harsh wind, with the intentions of sending Rei back. It’s form would then lift in the air, swinging back and forth as it accelerates into the sky several stories before spinning and turning facing down towards Rei. The CGI takes over as his attack would initialize. The imprint of death’s skull forms in the manner of an aerial sphere grid and solidified dark mist swirls about the reaper as the scythe is spun about in one hand before switching over to the other, then lifts up, held by both hands, above the reapers head. There is a high pitched squeal like that from a siren as the mist swirling about death and red symbols from the sphere grid are sucked into the metallic scythe causing it to burn with energy. The reaper swings down his blade performing a large and devastating slash from the heavens with enough force to leave a large fissure along the ground upon its impact.

258 / 2141
Back to top Go down
Rei
Veteran
Rei

Male

PostSubject: Re: Taming the Lord of Death (Quest: Rei, Invited)   Taming the Lord of Death (Quest: Rei, Invited) EmptySun Apr 11, 2010 2:52 pm

My foot would strike a building like wall of the skeletal being. I gasped at that and lost some concentration as I was flung back to the ground by wind. Bouncing once I looked up in the air as I thought, "Kuso...!" He was lifting before my eyes and seemed to be preparing something. My arms threw themselves up to block the blow as best I could as one glowing crimson eye narrowed at it. I had remembered that I couldn't be killed so easily- in fact, it was hard to kill me because removing a limb never worked out- it would just regrow, and I had a plan. Death had never likely experienced a vaspire bite before. I could pretend to me dead and then bite him, healing myself and taking his power for my own in the process. It was a risk, though. I waited until the swing came and decimated the area around me, my eyes widened at the pain as my arms were ripped off, for the second time. No matter how many times it happens, it never got any easier to regrow or less painful. I gave a "Gahh!" Blood flowed from my being as I lay there, my arms gone and bleeding profusely, others blood. I breathed barely, though when Death would come, I would halt my breathing until he was close enough to bite.

Words: 231 / 2,371
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Ascended Tonberry
aѕceпxion

Male

PostSubject: Re: Taming the Lord of Death (Quest: Rei, Invited)   Taming the Lord of Death (Quest: Rei, Invited) EmptySun Apr 11, 2010 3:02 pm

Taming the Lord of Death

After the attack, the onisu named Death slowly creeps down from the skies. He moved as if having experience that mortals generally did not survive that attack. Death swings the scythe around and it comes to stick on his back as if holstered. His hands move out in front of him. He reaches cryptically for Rei to inspect his body. He gets within feet of Rei and lowers down. He slowly bends over bringing his face down to Rei’s face to read any movement from him. A white mist pushes out from his breathe as he inspect Rei who plays possum.

101 / 2242
Back to top Go down
Rei
Veteran
Rei

Male

PostSubject: Re: Taming the Lord of Death (Quest: Rei, Invited)   Taming the Lord of Death (Quest: Rei, Invited) EmptySun Apr 11, 2010 3:13 pm

I waited, oh so patiently. I would wait for something like a breath- it would likely smell like rotting corpses and death. It took a short amount of time- it wouldn't be likely that many would survive. I waited and waited until he got close before he head would spring out to the natural place us vaspires aim for: the neck. Chomping down, my arms would grow their skeletal forms as I sucked with the need for it's being. One could not kill Death, that was foolish- but I would take its power for my own. I sucked with a hunger, my arms growing back much as they had with Domen'yun blast. I just hoped that this would not backfire on me. as I had struck out, my legs had wrapped around Death's torso and locked his scythe where it was, hopefully. He would not leave this place or I would not. And I was determined to live, so close to my goal of taking his power for my own.

Words: 17o / 2,541
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Ascended Tonberry
aѕceпxion

Male

PostSubject: Re: Taming the Lord of Death (Quest: Rei, Invited)   Taming the Lord of Death (Quest: Rei, Invited) EmptySun Apr 11, 2010 3:25 pm

Taming the Lord of Death

Death is caught off guard as the vaspire lunges towards him and clamps down. Of course, death would be only cloak and bones. Just by touching him, Rei had damned himself into rotting and becoming nothing but dust for merely touching death. Death’s influence would start to interact with Rei, causing his body to show the effect of skin corrosion as his body would start to slowly rot with death seemingly unaffected. But just then, something happens; Rei’s regenerative abilities seem to fight against death and the corrosion pushes back against him. The lack of no physical fluid is negated as Rei actually sucks the spirits from the bones. Death attempts to resist and there is a bit of a tug of war between their influences, but in the end, Death loses grip to the vaspiric ability and is devoured by Rei. After this, the setting returns to normal. The forest, stars and moon would return as normal with the sounds of the forest filling the air.

167 / 2409
Back to top Go down
Rei
Veteran
Rei

Male

PostSubject: Re: Taming the Lord of Death (Quest: Rei, Invited)   Taming the Lord of Death (Quest: Rei, Invited) EmptySun Apr 11, 2010 3:33 pm

I felt the effects of Death's influence, sure. Any normal human would be doomed, and die a horrible, rotting Death. But this was unlike anything Death had experienced I guessed- not a human wanting to live, but a vaspire that would stop at nothing to absorb him. The tug of influences happened and I did not hesitate. I wanted him to become my power, my hidden weapon. I wanted to live and him to metaphorically die. I overwhelmed him somehow and took his spirit. I would be floating in the air afterwards, and then fall onto a branch. It couldn't hold my weight- the muscles on my arms were coming back and so I used my flying ability to slow my fall and steer clear of any branches as I called out in a horse voice, "Master! I have taken Death!" It was unlikely they would understand, but the fairy thing had said Death was a one time show, and just to show it would waste the ability. I would wait as I wanted my arms to at least be mostly healed before we headed back. I might even be forced to take the blood of an animals to get more strength. After all, waiting for Death to come down used a lot of blood. I looked paler then usual, due to that blood loss.

Words: 225 / 2,541
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Ascended Tonberry
aѕceпxion

Male

PostSubject: Re: Taming the Lord of Death (Quest: Rei, Invited)   Taming the Lord of Death (Quest: Rei, Invited) EmptySun Apr 11, 2010 3:55 pm

Taming the Lord of Death

A frown forms on my lips as I notice that Akechi seemingly couldn’t keep up with the fairy and myself. I looked down and back and noticed that my disciple was no longer following us. Aside from that, the fairy seemed to have mislead me, which would cost him his life if death had not appeared before us yet. This did not go unnoticed as the fairy looked about feverishly trying to figure out where the Onisu could have gone. My arms are folded as I wait in the air for his answer, or acceptance of his fate. Breaking the silence of the night, I hear a voice call out for me. I recognize Rei’s voice and the message in it surprises me slightly. Without a word, I turn and move towards the area where I had heard the voice. The fairy notices the voice as well, and comments, “hey wait for me” before following along to chase after me.

My body lowers through the tops of the trees and comes closer to ground level in the area where Rei was in the forest. On visual of him, I could tell that he had been in some type of battle. It seemed as if his arms were injured and he was in the process of replicating them. Making sure I understood his words, I speak, “what did you say?” I wanted to know how he was sure it was death he faced and not something else. The fairy flies past me, littering pixie dust in his wake and examines Rei, coming to Rei’s body and placing his ear to his chest. His eyes widen as he comments, “no way… I can feel it… he actually did it?”

287 / 2696
Back to top Go down
Rei
Veteran
Rei

Male

PostSubject: Re: Taming the Lord of Death (Quest: Rei, Invited)   Taming the Lord of Death (Quest: Rei, Invited) EmptySun Apr 11, 2010 4:15 pm

Domen'yun had heard me and it did no take him long to reach me. He would not land on the ground and my arms were themselves almost done when he arrived. That fairy thing went past my master after he asked me to repeat my words, so I did, "I have taken Death. Truth be told I almost died, as you can see my arms were destroyed, so I had to regenerate them." He brought my right hand up and flexed it, then noticed the fairy as he said he could hear it. I would say to the fairy, "You'd best move, Paco, I need to grab my blades." I released my full strength and waited for the fairy to move before I went and grabbed the katana pair that had belonged to Nova and placed them back into place. My cloak was in shreds and it would have to be replaced. I looked over at my master as I waited for his comment or lack thereof.

Words: 167 / 2,7o8
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Ascended Tonberry
aѕceпxion

Male

PostSubject: Re: Taming the Lord of Death (Quest: Rei, Invited)   Taming the Lord of Death (Quest: Rei, Invited) EmptySun Apr 11, 2010 4:40 pm

Taming the Lord of Death

I found Rei’s words pleasing as he spoke them. I felt he would not lie to me, so I would believe them. The fairy seems to co sign this as well, but it could, of course, be so that he is not killed by me. I would trust Rei’s words over that of the small sprite. I found it odd that I had not heard a battle, but odder things have happened in the forest. Paco is quick to move out of the way as Rei moves to collect his blades. I nod at this and knew that with this complete there was no further reason to be out here. I would not ask Rei to demonstrate the affects of his win. With a nod, I speak to them both, “we are leaving. Your training is complete for tonight. You are free until I need you next.” With that, it wasn’t important in he or the fairy followed me back, I would be heading back for my own purposes. With that, my body lifts into the air and I take off flying towards the east to swiftly fly the long distance which spanned between the forest and the coastal edges of this land mass.

204 / 2900
Back to top Go down
Rei
Veteran
Rei

Male

PostSubject: Re: Taming the Lord of Death (Quest: Rei, Invited)   Taming the Lord of Death (Quest: Rei, Invited) EmptySun Apr 11, 2010 5:13 pm

Well, I guessed I had done well, with no comment on that from my master. It wasn't really that important and I pointed at the fairy, "Oi, lets head back to the caves. I've had enough for one night. Death was real strong and I need t' recuperate." I just wanted to sleep, though on the way there I would ask the fairy to take me to an area that sold weapons. I would buy a naginata there- I needed to learn to use weapons that could fight off a blade at less of a disadvantage of the user. I did know that longer blades had the disadvantage in a fight because they opened up blind spots that one could not know unless they experienced them. It was a nice enough weapon, and could be fast in a master's hands. I would hope that I could get that good, good enough to slice off someone's head in a straight line if the need arose. Hopefully that was all that I needed to do, as I just wanted to recuperate and sleep. Not that the full mention of defeating Death had hit me yet. That would likely hit me later.

Words: 199 / 2,9o7
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Ascended Tonberry
aѕceпxion

Male

PostSubject: Re: Taming the Lord of Death (Quest: Rei, Invited)   Taming the Lord of Death (Quest: Rei, Invited) EmptySun Apr 11, 2010 5:33 pm

Taming the Lord of Death

With the master flying off to head back home, the fairy starts to follow, but is stopped by Rei when he speaks. He nods and says, “oh ya, sure thing” realizing that Rei couldn’t fly like the master. He felt good if he was able to be helpful. The second question comes in and the fairy folds his legs in the air and things for a moment with his arms folded and looking down. An exclamation pops over his head as he visually realizes something, opening his eyes wide. Looking to Rei he grins, “ya I know a place that’s open this late! We’re in luck, since we’re in the forest already. I can lead you straight to it, it’s this way!” The fairy start wandering in one direction before he stop and rethinks, “or perhaps it’s this way…” He pauses and licks his finger, holding it into the air for a moment, then looks left, then right. “Aha!” he says, sure this time, “the forest shop is this way!” With that, he leads the way in some arbitrary direction, seemingly knowing where he was going.

186 / 3086
Back to top Go down
Rei
Veteran
Rei

Male

PostSubject: Re: Taming the Lord of Death (Quest: Rei, Invited)   Taming the Lord of Death (Quest: Rei, Invited) EmptySun Apr 11, 2010 5:40 pm

I would nod and follow after the fair creature and pause when it did not seem to know where it was going. I would release a low sigh- I could see why master did not always rely on the fairy creature. It would make some remarks before stating that it knew the way this time. I would hope so and follow after it on foot, wondering if it really did know just where he hell it was headed. Following this being almost made me want to strike it and tell Paco to move with more precision, but then again, what could I really do in this state? I would follow after with the thoughts on Death, how it really was hard to beat such a being, and how a human could not really stand up to it. Well, it was a good thing that I was no longer human.

Words: 149 / 3,o56
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Ascended Tonberry
aѕceпxion

Male

PostSubject: Re: Taming the Lord of Death (Quest: Rei, Invited)   Taming the Lord of Death (Quest: Rei, Invited) EmptySun Apr 11, 2010 6:23 pm

Taming the Lord of Death

The trip takes a bit longer than the fairy expected it too. It is almost dawn by the time they reach the area where the shop should be at. The fairy gets to the location and there is an x on the ground. He nods and rubs his chin assuring; this should be the place. Oddly enough, for the amount of time he was flying around, the fairy was not tired. Still, there was no visible shop yet. There is a rustle of the bushes and an old man slowly walks out of the foliage and towards the two fairy and Rei. The old man has a rag tied about his head in farmers clothing and a large wooden case on his back held by straps. He hums a light hymn to himself, seemingly somewhat senile as he approaches and smiles, “oooh… Fairy Paco-san… how are you today.” Paco smile and greets, “hola miscellaneous merchant. I have Rei with me who would like to make a purchase! Ne?” He turns to Rei and coaxes, “go ahead and tell him what you want. Misc-san can get you anything you need… almost.”

190 / 3276
Back to top Go down
Rei
Veteran
Rei

Male

PostSubject: Re: Taming the Lord of Death (Quest: Rei, Invited)   Taming the Lord of Death (Quest: Rei, Invited) EmptySun Apr 11, 2010 8:35 pm

Walking in the the forest took longer then I wanted it to- I wondered if the fairy really knew where he was going. Being in shape and replenishing my stamina had helped me reach the area that looked as though it would be the spot. From childhood memories sat an X on the spot, and it seemed like there was nothing there, nothing at all. I was about to grab the fairy when an old, crazed looking man came from the bushes and greeted Paco. I would raise an eyebrow and then I was told to tell him what I wanted. I would walk forwards wondering on the sanity of the fair as I said, "I'd like a naginata and three sheaths- one for a long sword and two for katana." After a moment I would add, "And a wakizashi and a sheath to go with that." If I was desperate or in a building, it was best to carrying a shorter blade to slash and stab easier then a long blade, along with shortening the blind spots one has from using longer weapons.

Words: 184 / 3,24o
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Ascended Tonberry
aѕceпxion

Male

PostSubject: Re: Taming the Lord of Death (Quest: Rei, Invited)   Taming the Lord of Death (Quest: Rei, Invited) EmptySun Apr 11, 2010 9:36 pm

Taming the Lord of Death

After Rei speaks to the old man, he stand as still as a stone for a moment with his gaze on Rei’s face. If Rei were to move, he would notice the old man’s gaze would not. For a moment it seemed as if he went comatose or had fallen asleep in a standing position. After a slight pause he blinks and then smiles and yawns. Looking around he notices the fairy and speaks, "oooh… Fairy Paco-san… how are you today.” The fairy blinks and then leans forwards and yells, “we’ve already been over that gramps! Now we need to get the…” The fairy is cut off by the old man as he nods, “ah, yes, he would like a ladle for his soup.” The old man turns around gingerly and pulls the strap from his back. He squats and places the wooden case on the ground and stands up stretching out his back. “Boy that’s heavy…” he comments while turning around to it. He crouches at it and then opens it up, pulling open what looked like two double doors. It was kind of odd to think that a naginata could fit in that case unless it was broken into pieces and needed to be constructed, but when the man opens the case, only darkness is visible. The man hums, “hmmmm…” and closes his eyes. Opening them quickly, he reaches into the case and pulls out a naginata. After that he continues the procedure to pull out the rest of the order, sitting them on the ground for inspection. As it would appear, the case interacted with the old man’s ability to manipulate void magix. The old man looks up at Rei with a closed-eye smile as he speaks “1810 Shinny will get all of this for you. Go ahead and inspect it if you need…”

307 / 3585
Back to top Go down
Rei
Veteran
Rei

Male

PostSubject: Re: Taming the Lord of Death (Quest: Rei, Invited)   Taming the Lord of Death (Quest: Rei, Invited) EmptySun Apr 11, 2010 9:48 pm

I stared at the old man and he seemed to go into a lull before I turned to look at Paco. Just then the old man repeated his earlier words. This time, after Paco was done talking, I would grab him and pull him close to my face after the old man spoke and I asked him a low whisper, "This is the weapon shop you spoke of?" I would turn at the mention of how heavy the thing was and then my eyes widened at the contents: a black hole, one could say. But this one spit out things, or to be more accurate, the old man was pulling the objects out. I would let go of Paco and say, "Ahem... sorry..." I would look back at the objects; four sheaths, a wakizashi, and amazingly, a naginata. I would walk over to them as I checked them all, how solid they were. I would my head and withdraw the money pouch from my mid section leather belt and pay him the money before picking up my objects as I gave him a bow and said, "Domo, jiji san." 'Thanks, gramps', and then I would pick everything up and place blades in sheaths and weapons in my obi before turning and walking over to Paco, asking, "Shall we return?" I gave him one of those "I'm sorry" smiles as I waited for his reply. The naginata was in my hand, since I didn't have a sling to put it in. It could serve as a walking stick as well, for the journey back.

Words: 263 / 3,5o3
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Ascended Tonberry
aѕceпxion

Male

PostSubject: Re: Taming the Lord of Death (Quest: Rei, Invited)   Taming the Lord of Death (Quest: Rei, Invited) EmptySun Apr 11, 2010 9:54 pm

Taming the Lord of Death

The fairy protests lightly as he is manhandled, but it seemed that everything was all good. The old man smiles graciously as the deal is made and he accepts the money. As Rei puts on the gear, the old man packs up his box and turns around, pulling the straps back onto his shoulders before standing up and turning back around to face them. He smiles and waves good bye to the fairy and boy when the salutation is given and then proceeds in making his way back into the forest, vanishing from sight. The fairy nods when Rei turns to him and says, “let’s go!” He turns with Rei and starts to float to his side if Rei were to walk. The fairy pushes his fist into his palm and notices, “ah, we didn’t get anything for the master. I’m sure I could get him to like me if I would have gotten him something…” The fairy looks up and then turns to Rei and says, “hey, the master likes workers, maybe we can get him some of those? What do you think?”

184 / 3769
Back to top Go down
Rei
Veteran
Rei

Male

PostSubject: Re: Taming the Lord of Death (Quest: Rei, Invited)   Taming the Lord of Death (Quest: Rei, Invited) EmptySun Apr 11, 2010 10:03 pm

My eyes turn to the fair with my head creaking as I say, "To the caves, please. I've been up all night and fighting with Death." It was one of those anime moments, complete with the shadows on my eyes and anywhere else that would make me look intimidating to the fairy. I would start on my own towards home, saying, "I'll help you look for workers tomorrow night, after I've had a good day of sleeping." It was a trade off, and a good sounding one to me. Mostly because I needed to sleep, maybe unlike the fairy and Domen'yun. Perhaps a human's one weakness was the need to sleep. But it couldn't be helped. I wanted to sleep in a place that I knew I would be moderately safe, as opposed to slightly safe or around old enemy territories like the forest. I would release a low sigh if he did or did not follow after me and release a yawn after that.

Words: 165 / 3,668
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Ascended Tonberry
aѕceпxion

Male

PostSubject: Re: Taming the Lord of Death (Quest: Rei, Invited)   Taming the Lord of Death (Quest: Rei, Invited) EmptySun Apr 11, 2010 10:11 pm

Taming the Lord of Death

The fairy frowns lightly, but he was too little to do anything on his own. He realized that Rei probably needed rest and they still had a very long way to go before making it to the cavern. With a smile and a nod, he agrees, “sounds good!” Technically it might be easier to camp for a while before taking the trek back to the cavern, but the fairy would go along with whatever Rei wanted to do following the chain of command. Though Rei seemed a bit tired, the fairy would be his peppy self the entire way home. Powered by pixie dust, the fairy never seemed to get tired, but as they walk, he explains to Rei that when his kind when to sleep, it was for several years, so when they woke up they were very well rested. This wouldn’t be all the fairy would say; with a good amount of distance and time spent crossing that distance to pass, the fairy would be a chatterbox pretty much the entire way there. He would go on about when he first met the master and then speak some on meeting Kazakura and watching her and the master do it in the lake. He would talk about the time Kaelas tried to eat him and how he valiantly fought back the tiger, bringing the large beast to his knees, along with other stories on the way.

237 / 4000
Exit RP
Back to top Go down
Rei
Veteran
Rei

Male

PostSubject: Re: Taming the Lord of Death (Quest: Rei, Invited)   Taming the Lord of Death (Quest: Rei, Invited) EmptyMon Apr 12, 2010 12:56 pm

I pushed myself through the day, with the only reason I stayed awake was that fairy's insensate stories about Domen'yun and Kazakura. I had my lust for her still, so the description of that night did not help with that in the least. I kept that hidden with slight nods and then the rest of the stories. Of course when he got to the tiger, and how he had beat it, I knew that was a lie. Like Paco could actually beat that tiger demon. I would look over at him as they arrived at the desert area and muttered under his breath, "This is... gunna take a long time...' I barely made it, that is to say, to where the workers were and had them house me for the day, since they would be working. I piratically passed out on the bed, leaving Paco to his day being high on fairy dust. I would keep my promise, but it would take an extra night or two to get to the point where I could stand Paco and his stream of talking.

Words: 182 / 3,85o
Back to top Go down
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry
Surreal SaDiablo

Female
Number of posts : 3123
Rep! : 257
Registration date : 2009-01-03

PostSubject: Re: Taming the Lord of Death (Quest: Rei, Invited)   Taming the Lord of Death (Quest: Rei, Invited) EmptyTue Apr 13, 2010 9:43 pm

Updated Rei
Back to top Go down
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry
Surreal SaDiablo

Female
Number of posts : 3123
Rep! : 257
Registration date : 2009-01-03

PostSubject: Re: Taming the Lord of Death (Quest: Rei, Invited)   Taming the Lord of Death (Quest: Rei, Invited) EmptySun Apr 18, 2010 12:25 am

Updated Domen
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Taming the Lord of Death (Quest: Rei, Invited)   Taming the Lord of Death (Quest: Rei, Invited) Empty

Back to top Go down

Taming the Lord of Death (Quest: Rei, Invited)
Page 1 of 1