Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

H2H Content Site ( Mirror ) - New Content Added 11/22!

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Back to Reality

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Antifreke
Mystic Moogle
Antifreke

Female
Number of posts : 2378
Rep! : 18
Registration date : 2009-03-03

Back to Reality Empty
PostSubject: Back to Reality   Back to Reality EmptyMon Jul 05, 2010 2:19 pm

Back to Reality Loki_01

“A philanthropic project to give back to the people..”
The slogan looked slightly amusing to me at this point. We were about to bring in kids from all over the city only to weed them out and keep the best of the best. Of course, most of the kids would come from the lower commons and Gothstone to really display a strong front. We had enough dorms up here to host at least six hundred students. I sat behind my desk, looking across the papers that had been completed by my staff. We had hired a full staff for the academy, and our private project under ground. The facility had been completed, the outer wall was finished, and security was online. I leaned back, turning around to face the large flat screen on the wall behind me. On it were fourteen cameras from the outer perimeter. It was nice to see everything going smoothly and as planned. Since my return, I had spent a decent amount of time here working on getting everything ready for opening. By housing a private school, and a military academy at the same time, we could effectively build our own private training center while giving back to the community. Entrance to the academy was open to those who needed or showed promise, and entrance to the special school was by my permission only. Thinking of the fighting that would be going on down there, I had to reorder a special type of forged glass that would be able to withstand tornado winds. The thin, multi level pressurized plexiglass was stacked in four layers, providing a higher level of protection than probably needed.
Standing, I pushed a button on my desk that would fold an image across the tv, making it look like a standard wall picture. The picture, of course, was an image of the campus here. My arms would reach out, pulling a white suit jacket off of the hanger in the side of the room before crossing across my body. Heading to the corner of my office, the wall would slide up, revealing an elevator that would take me down into the special parts of the school. The ride was quick, and the pressurized air lift had worked flawlessly as requested. It was amazing what you could purchase when funded by a larger corporation. The wall would open, leading to a small office that could be used in times of emergency to lock down the academy, or monitor dealings down here that didn’t belong up in the public sector. Stepping out of my office, I would move directly into the student council room, where the student leaders would be able to run their student body. Outside of this office was a large, open foyer. To the right was a gym, and behind it the dormitories that stacked up to six stories above ground. Across from the gym was a private café for the students to use, along with a lounge for the faculty and staff. Walking past the gym, I would look at the two labs used to test and monitor student activity and progress through their intense training programs.
“its shaping up nicely, isn’t it..”
A young lady with long blonde hair and a lab coat walked up behind me, smiling brightly. She had taken care of everything in my absence, which was still under wraps as a vacation.
“Yes.. Venturion Academy is coming along quite well.. we are almost ready to open..” I replied quietly. I didn’t like to raise my voice, and preferred to keep things nice and simple at all times.
“so that’s how it is.. the normal kids will attend a normal school, and those who excel in martial arts or your magic will be given advanced courses down here..”
“That’s correct.. and while they believe they are being educated, they are actually being trained in forms of combat.. Raising our own private military that can be bought out to the highest bidder”
“Cruel.”
“Capitalist, and its not like we won’t host science fairs, fundraisers, and even some martial arts competitions.. all open to the public.”
She chuckled a bit while we walked down to the arena. The walls were ceramic plated to resist heat and electricity, and magically bonded to the steel reinforced walls with carbon fiber chains. The only window was eight feet wide and four feet wide, fourteen inches thick of the special flexi-glass that we had brought in. I knocked my knuckles on it, giving off a resounding thud. Perfect.
“I want enough supplies for the first three months in the store house. If there isn’t room, make another store house. I don’t want any issues with the grand opening of this facility. Also, start work on recruiting from the college. I hear there are some smart kids there that we could utilize for research and development. Take care of the entrance ceremony, I want it to be big and flashy each year, with a feast. We can use the conference room as a private mixer room for the upper class sponsors who want to celebrate the success of this facility. Got it?
“all of it.”
“Perfect. I have business in the city to deal with. Apparently, our walls are above the permitted level, so I have to file a petition to keep them. It shouldn’t be hard. There is also a girl I want for security detail as my personal guard, someone who can take care of things here when I am absent.”
“Is that a good idea..”
“I am confident. Make it happen. She can be found managing a little tea shop up in the Gothstone, its called moonbucks or something like that.. either way, shes the only one in there that all of the guys drool over, but won’t dare get close to.”
“sounds like a tough girl..”
“Yea.. for many reasons.. you will enjoy her company.. now, I’ll be back this afternoon. See to the rest of down here for me, thanks.”

Tech :
Notes : walk through of the facility
Wordz : 1002 /1002
Back to Reality Loki_03
Back to top Go down
Antifreke
Mystic Moogle
Antifreke

Female

Back to Reality Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back to Reality   Back to Reality EmptyMon Jul 05, 2010 3:48 pm

Back to Reality Loki_01

“A philanthropic project to give back to the people..”
Upon returning to my office, I would hang my jacket up again and take a seat at the desk. I had a layout of the school in front of me, along with the outer wall. The primary gate was double layered steel that would slide into the walls on each side to allow entrance. On each side of the wall next to the gate would be an engraved academy logo. Venturion Academy would be the best academy in the region once we were opened. There was also the problem of getting funding from the black wing syndicate, and the other major organizations in the area. With our private military force, we could successfully defend the slums, the area forsaken by the city government.
I leaned back in thought for a moment, with an idea for spreading the wealth around here.. Since we are raising competent students, we should build an internship program. Turning to my computer, the screen flickered on showing the academy logo. The program would be simple.. corporations around the city sponsor us, and we supply them with free, cheap labor under the pretense of an internship. Our students can get work study experience for upper credit while giving to the corporations that help fund the academy. Sounded like a great idea to me. Bring in a constant level of funding, and give them back part of the lower school, while still keeping the upper academy a secret. Then again, if there were special requests for certain skill abilities, I might be able to comply if the price was good enough. There was, of course, one person who had instant access here, the sole funder of this corporate project.. and he would remain unnamed. The first way to do this is to bring all of these special guests to the academy for the debut and do a private walkthrough. Our HR department could take care of that. Rebecca was a great marketing genius, and was part of the reason the school was so cheap to build. Speaking of building, I had to write that letter to the City Council..
To: Council
Re: Zoning Requirements
Council,
The current regulation on industrial public sector walls is ten feet, with an additional two feet of reinforcing at the top. Due to the housing of minors in an area prone to violence, we have broken this regulation. The current walls around Venturion academy are fourteen feet with an additional two feet of reinforcing. With a possible attendance of seven hundred students plus one hundred and ten staff, security and safety are of the utmost importance. Because of this, we wish to be exempt from this regulation. We hope to see all of you at the premier of our Academy at the private walkthrough, three weeks from today.
Our best
Director Loki

I sighed and read the letter over several times before pressing enter to send it. I would also print a copy off for our records, and file it away one the server. A sigh came from my lips while thinking about the premier. This thing had to go flawlessly, or else. I would also drop an email to the other members of the board, who was in fact only one other person as of now.

Tech :
Notes :letter to city council
Wordz : 544 /1546
Back to Reality Loki_03
Back to top Go down
Antifreke
Mystic Moogle
Antifreke

Female

Back to Reality Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back to Reality   Back to Reality EmptyTue Jul 06, 2010 2:20 am

Back to Reality Loki_01

The letters were taken care of, invitations were being hand delivered by one of my human hands. In the background, I was listening to a show tune soundtrack to relax my mind. The humans were, after all, rather creative with the arts. “No good deed goes unpunished.” Such a great song, with an excellent brass score. I loved music like this since it was full of so much emotion that I had to love it. I smiled and closed my eyes for a moment before standing and walking to the corner bar. The small mini bar would probably be key to holding my sanity while dealing with these students. Thankfully, I had a solid lineup for the staff that would take care of most of it. Between the nursing staff, and security, there was enough here to keep students in check. Besides, the student council would run most student affairs, such as their events and stuff. The classic arts wing would be opened and finished shortly, since we had to redo the sound proofing in the music rooms.
“Director Loki” What a great sound that was.. I returned to my desk with a small glass with an amber liquid covering several ice cubes. The speaker on my desk had a button next to it, which I pressed lightly
“Yes Rebecca”
“You have a package of tea here..”
It was about time that tea had got here. I had ordered it yesterday, and was slightly disappointed when it failed to arrive on time. That’s what I got for not ordering from Moonbucks. She would have had it to me within the hour. Oh well..
“bring it in”
The door opened and a young lady dressed in a business suit came across to set a package on my desk. It had a familiar logo on it that I enjoyed. I hope. It had been a while since I had ordered their teas, and while it was once my sole supplier, my tastes had slightly changed over time for a certain other kind of tea. Either way, I took it over to my tea pot, a cast iron work of beauty that sat atop a candle, and poured the loose leaves into its water. Bringing it back to my desk, I would let it sit for a while before even thinking of drinking anything.
In the mean time, a bleep would emerge on my computer screen. Opening it, a list of items was displayed. The final shipping order for the gymnasiums had arrived. Thank god the dormitories had been finished while I was absent. They would have been a disaster had I done it, and with a woman’s touch they had emerged rather well. My commendations had gone out to the staff who had organized and got that section of the Academy up and working without much effort. I sighed while looking across the list, until I took a break to pour myself a glass of steamy hot tea. How beautiful it was..

Tech :
Notes : inventory listing for gym
Wordz : 500 /2046
Back to Reality Loki_03
Back to top Go down
Antifreke
Mystic Moogle
Antifreke

Female

Back to Reality Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back to Reality   Back to Reality EmptyTue Jul 06, 2010 1:00 pm

Back to Reality Loki_01

It was a clear and warm summer morning, the gates of School Venturion Academy opened slowly and students began to gather inside the courtyard. It was the first day of the school term. As the hour passed, more students arrived and gathered around the courtyard, finding seats at tables and benches in front of the stage at the wall of the main building. Students were catching up with friends; how their summer was currently going, anything exciting and for the upper students, did they train at all before entering the academy today..
There was a spurge of gossip and chatters as a black limousine, sleek and pitch black drove through the gates into the courtyard. It came to a standstill and two men in black suits walked out of the car. One looked around for suspicious people, while the other walked to the far side left door and opened it. A young woman stepped out. She was 17 or 18 years of age. She had long yellow hair and she looked like an angel. She was the schools active enforcer and was also very powerful. She stepped on to the ground. She looked around and her cold glare was easily able to silence most of the students. The students did not stare back, well a few were, but their vision was blocked by her two bodyguards. This was Angela, the most powerful student in the Upper School. As the academy’s Student Council President, she had rights and privileges far above anyone else. Without wasting time, she walked towards the doors of the academy. They were opened by two students and then as she passed through them, the other students began to enter the school slowly.
There was a sound of an engine being turned off. The noise came from a motorbike engine. A taller student walked up to the person sitting on the bike. The person was 17 years old, he had light blonde hair, green eyes and he was around the height of 6ft 3. He was wearing a white t-shirt, with light black trousers, and black skater shoes. He was also wearing biker gloves and had a chain round his bike.
"Hey, kid, get out of this place." The student said. The person looked at him and smiled.
"I'm a student here, where do I park my bike?" he asked. The student looked at the person and sighed. He left him and walked into the school. Meanwhile, I sat in my office, kicked back and watching the entire first day of walkthrough. This was when all of the students would come to get their schedules, meet their roommates, and find out what supplies they would need for the term that started next month. The boy, a young man named Sepharim, was already on my watch list.

Tech :
Notes : entrance exams and student walkthrough
Wordz : 468 /2514
Back to Reality Loki_03
Back to top Go down
Antifreke
Mystic Moogle
Antifreke

Female

Back to Reality Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back to Reality   Back to Reality EmptyTue Jul 06, 2010 1:00 pm

Back to Reality Loki_01

Sepharim smiled as he watched the older student walk back in. He looked up at the architecture of the school. It was large and magnificent, just like the other schools he had been at and later kicked out. He had been asked by his father's uncle to join this academy and his father had given him a push forward by buying him a supercharger but for a motorcycle. I looked it over, zooming in on the bike. It was impressive, but not necessary for this academy. After all, all students were required to live on campus here during the school term.
Sepharim stepped off his bike and tightened the strap of his bag around his body. He walked towards the main entrance. He entered and was stopped immediately by men wearing black suits.
"Sepharim Ananso?" asked one of the men. Sepharim nodded and was told to follow them. He did and was a little uneasy, he was getting looks on the basis of what he was wearing. He did enjoy that some of the girls were checking him out; he smiled and winked back at them. The girls metaphorically melted and leaned on each other. He would be led to a private corridor, and then to a set of stairs that would lead to the lower school. This was where it would get interesting. He was the first of the prospects that I would personally handle myself. Taking my elevator down to the lower office, I would enter the student council room where Angela was already fast away at work. She would ignore me, knowing that she would basically run the student body, and that meant she had a lot of work to do right now. I smiled at the thought of her wanting my position some day, but never intended to give it up to anyone. By now, they would be on their way to the training arena, where active combat could be partaken without any issues.
Sepharim stopped at a metal door, he was told to go in and be prepared. He did so and walked into a white, square patterned room. He looked around and then up to see that all of the walls were solid, with a lightly patterned design. In one of them was a long, slender window with people who wore lab coats and glasses were watching him. Megan, head of Research and development caught me in the hallway as I exited the student council chamber.

Tech :
Wordz : 412 /2926
Back to Reality Loki_03
Back to top Go down
Antifreke
Mystic Moogle
Antifreke

Female

Back to Reality Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back to Reality   Back to Reality EmptyTue Jul 06, 2010 1:01 pm

Back to Reality Loki_01

“you sure about this?”
“absolutely.. are they all there?”
“Yes, the other two are on their way.”
Sliding my arms back , I started to unbutton the front of my white jacket. Students who had been admitted to the upper school were filing down the hall on their first tour of the academy, giving me an easy way to move about without raising any suspicion. The kids had no idea who I was, just that I was another member of staff. They would all find that information out at the invocation, where I would give the academy’s opening speech before a great feast.
As for Sepharim, he turned back to the door and found it was locked, no escape unless he did something. He turned round at the sound of a door closing and saw two doors vanish and two more people were in the room. They were also confused as was he. He walked up to them.
"Hello guys, I'm Sepharim, I am new here and you are?" he asked. The thinner and taller one, looked at him with eyes, that Sepharim knew this man was a beast. There were certain parts of an individual that you could pick up on, and he had a bad feeling about that one.
"Drake Koutai, New student also" he said with a calm tone. The second one was shorter but also thin, he was looking down and quite shy.
"Hi, hi, I am Zaexus, I...I...I am also a new student" he said. Sepharim sighed. He cleared his throat.
"Yo! Bring it" he shouted to all three viewing glasses. He watched the reactions of the students, some laughed, some were surprised and some kept a neutral expression. At that point, the door would open, allowing me a chance to walk in and greet three of the students who I had taken interest in. They turned, keeping silent but being guarded. I could tell that much just from their shifts in weight and glances.
“good morning, and welcome to Venturion Academy.. I see you all made it down here safely.. to keep the chit chat short, you are all interesting individuals, and have been invited to the upper school.. this is a test to see if you are good enough to be a student leader, and hold one of the ten seats of student council.”
“and why would we want to do that?”, the young man named Drake asked..
“Simple.. the perks, having a vehicle here, private rooms, the better life. . if you earn it.”
“and how do we earn it?”, came a chime from Sepharim. That was the spirit that I liked to hear. Something told me I was really going to like this kid. He had a little bit of a straightforward personality, and I really enjoyed that as well. Heh, I thought.. time to answer that one.

“all you have to do is touch me.”

Tech :
Wordz : 485 /3411
Back to Reality Loki_03
Back to top Go down
Antifreke
Mystic Moogle
Antifreke

Female

Back to Reality Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back to Reality   Back to Reality EmptyTue Jul 06, 2010 2:39 pm

Back to Reality Loki_01

That was it, all in a nutshell. For them to make it to student council, they only had to touch me. This would be a real test of their abilities to work together. I would use nothing out of the ordinary, save for me personal abilities. No flight, no inhuman demi god punches, nothing. I had to take into consideration this facility, so I also needed to keep this nice and discrete. With a smile on Sepharim stepped forward, while Zaexus stepped back. He looked like the type to make a move first, and I enjoyed that.
“You don’t know what you are getting yourself into, old man!”
“old? You kids really have no respect...”
One thing I hated was people calling me old, as that was not only highly disrespectful, but my body happened to be quite old. Shaking my head, the first two charged forward, while Zaexus stayed behind. He seemed to want to study a bit before going in and making any type of move. I simply stood there with a smile on my face. As Sephy, who I was now nicknaming him, came near me, his arm flew backwards with a solid punch. Before he could react, a blue crackle would emerge from my hand, with a small bolt of lightning striking him. His body shot to the side, with the blue light spinning around him while he rolled to a stop. Drake slid to a stop before darting to the side, away from what may have been another attack.
“My name is Loki, and I am the Academy Director. If you want to survive here, you will have to do much better than this..” I remembered back to Angela coming in for a private walkthrough. Her parents were upper class, by far. It was fairly amazing that she had been taught by one of the rare masters of void energy. She had nearly blasted me into pieces during hers. Good thing I was fairly powerful myself. Drake twisted to the side, drawing both of his hands back. I smiled at him, wondering what he could possibly be doing. A light spark ignited, followed by a wave of fire. What a surprise this had turned into. My body, instinctively, darted to the side, flickering from their vision. When I landed, there were ashy scorch marks across the arena floor. Sephy was picking himself up from the other side, while Zaexus still continued to watch. Charging again, Sephy rolled to the side, taking my attention away from another ball of fire.

Tech :
Notes : testing the student council members
Wordz : 424 /3835
Back to Reality Loki_03
Back to top Go down
Antifreke
Mystic Moogle
Antifreke

Female

Back to Reality Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back to Reality   Back to Reality EmptyTue Jul 06, 2010 2:40 pm

Back to Reality Loki_01

“mine!”
I turned to see Zaexus in the corner with his palms raised forward. A light pulsating sound began to hum from them before a beam of light shot from his palms. My body hit the ground, balancing on one hand to get out of the way of it. When I planted my feet, Sephy was in my face, arm drawn back. I had hoped that he would do something interesting, since a punch from a human was pretty much useless against me. I leaned back, grabbing his hand to toss him. I too was a brawler when it came to close combat. Twisting around, another wave of fire took off the part of my jacket that had floated upwards, and nearly lit my ass on fire. This was surely becoming a pain in the neck, although it was quite enjoyable. These kids had a lot of spunk for coming at me like this. Turning quickly, a strange ability that I had never seen before occurred. It was like shards of light that tore apart a jacket before the remnants of it hit the ground. Across the arena, my body reappeared, jacket gone and sleeves rolled up. I had never had to take my jacket off in a fight against demons, let alone humans. Maybe I was getting old..
“very good..”
Drake folded his hands together before moving them in a slicing form. A wave of fire, the third one he had sent at me, came across the room. I saw Zaexus charging another beam, only to fire it to the side, cutting off my escape route. I said I wouldn’t fly, and so I would not. Taking straight to the fire, I pulled my arm up, watching it sizzle with electricity before erupting in a bright light. The crackle would hit the wall of fire, splitting it. Lowering my arm, something completely unexpected occurred. Through the smoke and flames, and rather recklessly, Sephy erupted at full speed. His punch, straight for my face, caught me by surprise. Standing my ground, I let him hit me just for the sheer enjoyment that they had given me. I rarely had this much amusement out of a human. What a treat this had been. The flames and energy died down while the two others rushed forward. Sephy looked up, holding his fist.
“Damn man, what are you made out of! That shit hurt!”
There was not a thing he could have done to pierce my skin, let alone deal me any damage at his level. I smiled down at them, knowing that their abilities would be highly promising. Maybe one day I would teach them how to harden their skin and spirit, giving them an unrivaled body that can withstand most anything... maybe some day..
“Take your seats on the council, and learn as much as you can.. and one day I will personally teach you.”
The three of them shook their heads in agreeance before the doors came open. Waiting was Angela, their president. She walked in to congratulate them before taking them on her own private tour of the council section. I knew she didn’t like who I was bringing in for the traditional artists, but that was what I was going to do. There were those who had promise, and those with formal training. The council would be made of an even split between both to balance out power in the school. I shook my head when Rebecca walked past her.
“you should have taken it easier.. you could have killed one of them if you weren’t careful..”
“Good thing I was careful.. meet me at my office, I have to get a new jacket..”
Looking behind, the doors began to close, giving me one last look at yet another ruined suit jacket. Damn it.

Tech :
Notes : testing the student council members
Wordz : 636 /4471
Back to Reality Loki_03
Back to top Go down
Antifreke
Mystic Moogle
Antifreke

Female

Back to Reality Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back to Reality   Back to Reality EmptyTue Jul 06, 2010 3:34 pm

Back to Reality Loki_01

The elevator ride up to my office was nice and quiet, giving me a moment to think about the ten students now seated on the student council here. With a member of each primary element, a time, void, heaven, and shadow user, and then Angela as the president, it looked like things were gearing up to be a good time. As the door slid open, I walked into the office and over to a paneled wall. Nearing it, the wall slid open, revealing a close lined with white suit jackets, a stacked tier of shoes, and two rows of lit shelves that held pants and shirts. Pulling out another jacket, I backed away from the wall while it slid shut, only to hang the jacket up in the corner. The security grid was still up on the large wall television behind me. Sitting down, I leaned back to look at my laptop, ignoring the security altogether. The priority right now was to make sure everyone was doing their job. PyraSim, the organization I had built behind the Academy, was secretly gauging and testing students to admit them into the upper school. If they had the proper skills set, they would be admitted as a special prospect. What they didn’t know was that the prospect program led to being a part of my organization.
Leaning back, I wondered how the partner in crime was doing. Taking the last status report for the academy, I would email it to him across town. It must have been nice to be able to stay inside the better part of town when needed. Thankfully, I had made myself a built in suite right here that could be used as my primary residence. It just showed how much I really cared about the students and the programs here. After all, this school was funded by major corporations seeking a philanthropic project in the slums. Thank god the corporate overseers had the intelligence level of a kindergartener.
Quickly typing, I pulled the status report up to double check that everything was in order. Facility completion at 100%, both storehouses stocked to capacity, with enough supplies for eleven weeks of continuous operation without another shipment. Classifications had begun, schedules were being setup, and all labs were being brought online. Also attached was a list of prospective students who had promise. I smiled while looking at the list, and the little rounds I had with all of them. There was a lot of potential for some powerful fighters down there; the only thing it would take was their continued learning and production into a solid, usable product. I was sure that the prince would be happy with the product of his financial backings. A smile curved across my face while I raised a now cold glass of tea to my lips. It retained the flavor, even if lukewarm. Tea was tea, and I would never waste it. Speaking of tea, it was time for me to make a visit to my favorite little tea shop to stock up before the term started. Once it began, the students would have three days for each holiday, and a week in the spring. That was it. We would work them into the ground, and teach them what it meant to succeed. That was our way, and the only way to survive in this world.

Tech :
Notes : reporting to the partner
Wordz : 562 /5033
Back to Reality Loki_03
Back to top Go down
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry
Surreal SaDiablo

Female
Number of posts : 3123
Rep! : 257
Registration date : 2009-01-03

Back to Reality Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back to Reality   Back to Reality EmptyThu Jul 08, 2010 11:49 pm

Updated
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Back to Reality Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back to Reality   Back to Reality Empty

Back to top Go down

Back to Reality
Page 1 of 1