Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

H2H Content Site ( Mirror ) - New Content Added 11/22!

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

vaspire with a spear [closed]

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Rei
Veteran
Rei

Male
Number of posts : 851
Rep! : 7
Registration date : 2009-02-03

vaspire with a spear [closed] Empty
PostSubject: vaspire with a spear [closed]   vaspire with a spear [closed] EmptyWed Jul 14, 2010 4:50 pm

vaspire with a spear [closed] Reirei_01
I was still in need of training to use pole arms much more proficiently. If I really was going to a weapon trove, then I should at least be able to use each and every weapon decently. I would roll my shoulders as I stepped forward to a man in a village that I'd found while looking for more workers that said he would train me, as long as I came at night. I'd a suspicion that he was a possessed human, few as we were thanks to priests and priestesses. I rode my horse through the village, it wasn't all that small. It had a blacksmith, though from what I had seen, he only made horse shoes and the like, nothing like tools of war. Still, as I passed the area, I kept an eye on it. My naginata was laying against the side of the saddle in a sheath that I left it in. I would stop the horse in front of the master's house and then slip down off the saddle with a low sigh coming from my lips.

Knocking on the door was not needed- the man came out on his own and looked me over as I remanded silent for a short time- crimson eyes met mine, and then a realization from the man. He held an all metal spear in his hand, the tip was wrapped in a leather sheath. He would narrow his eyes at my lips, as I knew he would before a grunt slipped from his lips as he turned and walked towards an area that was cleared, and swung round as I stayed within four feet and pushed my yukata top off- I was expecting to get hurt. His spear suddenly slashed out, and I ducked, using my naginata to batter the spear away. The man would see that I at least knew how to use it slightly. I used it with one or two hands, usually one in reality, but I'd used it with two hands then because I was unsure of his own blow.

"Well, young vaspire... it seems you are as you claim- a novice with the spear. But your movements are not that of a pole arm user. It is of a swordsman. Tell me in all honesty, have you mastered the techniques with that long sword at your hip?"

So, he was more then he appeared as well. Truly, he would be a shame to slay, but it would take me moments to do so. His blow was perfected, a strike that rattled me. I would narrow my eyes at the man and would pull the naginata back and into a ready position. He seemed to study it a moment before he nodded and took a basic spear stance for wheeling strikes and would start with one. I would move with the naginata's blade in mind and used the back end as he would stab out to bat the spear to the side. I did not see it coming, but the bottom of his iron spear had a spike on the bottom, and it sliced into my flesh, a grunt of pain slid from my lips. I looked up at him as a little blood spilled from my lower lip as he would raise an eyebrow at me.

"It is clear to me that your vaspire did not mention that you could be as one who was never struck. Not that that wound will mater- its already closing up. But in all forms of combat, one may need to take a blow to deliver a more devastating one. It is no different with pole play, but I will warn you now. The area you can swing you spear in an arc his your area. If your opponent enters your area, you will have the disadvantage. No mater what you are- even in a vaspire form."

He would strike then, and he would strike with the spike again, and then attempt to strike me on the side after I blocked it, which I barely batted aside with the blade of the naginata, though he had to problem with it. He quickly pulled the spear away and struck me on the head with a soft crack. I would reel back and lash out with the naginata as I held my head with my left hand. I would miss him, but he was smiling lightly. I wondered why, until I noticed the spear had reached my left eye, just centimeters away from touching it. He was a lot quicker then I thought, but it meant that I was outside of range and just where he needed me.

I would back up and whirl the naginata quickly, repositioning the blade in might right hand. I would get ready to slash out as the man that I was training with. He would narrow his eyes at me and then he lashed out with the spear, testing how I would react. He was out of range, but I would slash out to the side and batted the iron pole aside, and then he would fling out and slash out towards the side of my head. One might have as well just flicked my naginata aside and then hit me with a metaphorical hammer.

I would have to ask my inner side to teach me about this type of invincibility, because this was really hurting me as my head seemed to sing from the blow, and blood from the side of my head. I would look over at the man that was training me and see that he was really training me. Much like Domen'yun would. I would slam my naginata into the ground and push myself up. My stamina was holding out, and then I noticed something. The man had not moved from the spot that he had positioned himself in. So he really was used to using this spear. He would shake his head slightly and then turned away after a moment and spoke to me as he placed the spear on his shoulder.

"You have the potential to use that type of polearm. I'd intended to use you as a meal, but perhaps I won't, just yet. Just remember, young lad, that poleplay is a dangerous sport against other masters. Unlike me, they will not stop their relentless attacks."

Words: 1,060
Poleplay - Trained
vaspire with a spear [closed] Reirei_03

Updated
Back to top Go down

vaspire with a spear [closed]
Page 1 of 1