Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

H2H Content Site ( Mirror ) - New Content Added 11/22!

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

.Tell Me Something I Don't Know [Starting Gear Acquisition Quest]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
KyroShiori
Respected Elder
KyroShiori

Female
Number of posts : 1359
Rep! : 7
Registration date : 2009-01-05

.Tell Me Something I Don't Know [Starting Gear Acquisition Quest] Empty
PostSubject: .Tell Me Something I Don't Know [Starting Gear Acquisition Quest]   .Tell Me Something I Don't Know [Starting Gear Acquisition Quest] EmptyMon Mar 02, 2009 9:59 pm

Tell Me Something I Don't Know
Flashback - Shiori Age 16

Listening to the teacher drone on is going to make my brain melt. I look outside as the
teacher goes on about the summer break homework. How is it summer break when we have homework? But then the logics of adults never does make sense. I think I should go find a job before the summer begins. I hate using my parents money to buy simple things for myself. Also I want to go to martial arts classes this break time. And for that I need to dip into my own funds. I can't let my family get wind that I'm skipping my tea ceremony lessons to go learn the art of fighting. The would make the shit hit the fan real quick. Ever since that night a couple of years ago I've changed. They call it being a Hitorinji. Or a person who has merge with the shouchou in their body and can call upon it at will. Something like that. But ever since I've had this love for a blade in my hands or to be sparring hand to hand with an opponent. Last break I surprised one of the sensei's by tossing one of the older boys and then telling them I had only just started. I kind of keep all of this to myself though. I'm already labeled the outcast enough as it is. Well.. I do have one friend. Sensaichocho Yume. She's a shy girl who like some of the same books as myself. I met her in the library once and that's how it all started. I guess I wouldn't mind showing her what I am.

I trace the butterfly I have drawn on my notebook, bored with the outside scenery. Ever since that day I have grown to love the delicate creatures. Also I've had one of the servants comment that I always seem to smell of fresh sakura blossoms.

Suddenly the bell tones, knocking me from my daydreams. I sigh and gather up my things. Maybe I can ask Yume if she wants to go out somewhere during break. But then she does work at her mother's tea house whenever she has free time. I shake off the dark cloud and smile a bit. I'll just have to visit her at the tea house. Her mother is an awesome cook anyway and I adore the food they have. Kami knows I can't even steam rice without messing up. Probably because I, to this day, have all my meals prepared for me. I'm really not allowed in the kitchen of the estate. The old bat forbids it. Says a Lady should not dip her hands into the work of servants or something stupid.

I gather up my things and place them in my satchel bag and then sling it over my shoulders. People avoid me and I nearly sigh and walk out of the classroom. I'm not very well liked by alot of the other first years because of my family name. But I just ignore it. I'm use to it by now. I wonder where I should go today? I'm not really in the mood to go back to that house. I walk out of the school and into the sunshine, making me squint my eyes for a moment before I stroll down the entrance walk way and then turn onto the sidewalk into the business district of East City. The crowds surround me and I smile as I begin peering into the shops and such. I love window shopping. I pass by a dojo and i find myself pausing at the windows and watching the class. Oh. This is kendo. I find myself entering the dojo, unable to stop myself as I watch them practice. I stand near the front desk, enraptured by the graceful movements of the sensei.

"Can I help you?" comes a gruff voice, making me whip around in surprise. I find myself looking at an old man who if hunch over his cane. The look in his eyes make me swallow thickly.

"Umm.. I was just looking," I say, figiting a bit under his penetrating gaze.

"So you wish to learn?" he continues with the questions. I hold up my hands and begin to shake my head, but his eyes tell me not to lie. I sigh and hang my head.

"Hai. I do. Demo.. I don't have money to afford your class," I say and peek up. The old man is still studying me. I then watch as he pulls out a shinai and he shoves it into my hands. I blink, only to squeak as he hits me with his cane and herds me toward the class.

"Hey!" I try to protest but then I find myself in front of the class and I flush lightly in embarrassment. What the hell was up with the old man?! I peek at the class then at the shinai in my hand. It feels.. Odd. Like it belongs in my hands. I suddenly find myself facing the main sensei. My eyes widen and I'm forced to dodge a swipe at my head. My school satchel falls to the ground and I do a one handed hand spring back and away, landing in a bit of a crouch. I glare a bit, only to be forced to lift the shinai in defense as the old man attacks. What the hell?! I grit my teeth and press back, his eyes that of a true warrior. I refuse to just get my ass handed to me. I gather my strength and lean back, making him go forward and losing his balance a bit before I suddenly slam forward, knocking him back as I straighten and hold the shinai before me and assume the migi aihanmi posture. Then I hear clapping an a hardy laugh. I blink and look as the other sensei comes up.

"Looks like you're in, Ms. Blossom," the sensei says and I tilt my head in confusion as the old man walks off. "Oji-san just tested you. You knocked him back. So he'll let you come for free. And looks like he wants you to have the seireikendou," he says and points to the shinai in my hands. I'm so confused now by these people. "Class is every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday night with competitions on Sunday. We expect to see you there, Blossom-chan," he says and realization dawns on me and I smile. I.. I could join the class for free. I nod and then bow deeply to the man.

"Hai, sensei!"

Back to top Go down
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry
Surreal SaDiablo

Female
Number of posts : 3123
Rep! : 257
Registration date : 2009-01-03

.Tell Me Something I Don't Know [Starting Gear Acquisition Quest] Empty
PostSubject: Re: .Tell Me Something I Don't Know [Starting Gear Acquisition Quest]   .Tell Me Something I Don't Know [Starting Gear Acquisition Quest] EmptyThu Mar 05, 2009 8:51 pm

Updated
Back to top Go down

.Tell Me Something I Don't Know [Starting Gear Acquisition Quest]
Page 1 of 1