Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

H2H Content Site ( Mirror ) - New Content Added 11/22!

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Flashback: War games Part 1

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
DarkKnightCecil
Respected Elder
DarkKnightCecil

Male
Number of posts : 1215
Rep! : 21
Registration date : 2009-02-18

Flashback: War games Part 1 Empty
PostSubject: Flashback: War games Part 1   Flashback: War games Part 1 EmptyFri Jun 05, 2009 3:59 am

Sitting under a tree beside Ramirez I'm going through the equipment. I lock the slide of my pistol back and eject the clip, checking it before slapping the clip back into place and releasing the slide. They were paint rounds so nobody could be killed. But it was still fun. I slip around the tree, and squat beside the male that lay on his stomach. Lifting binoculars to my eyes I peer out toward the base. I slip my side arm back into place at my side, and frown as I look down the hill we're on. I shift in place and frown as I tap his shoulder lightly.

"Eleven, fifty-seven. Four people, coming this way, armed. They're not our own. Patrol?" I ask.

"Maybe. Got 'em. Radio it in." Ramirez responds.

Picking up my radio I raise it before it falls away, covered in blue paint. The rule was you couldn't use a paint covered object as it was 'destroyed' in the situation. I drop it as I draw my pistol taking aim before firing back.

"Save the rifle ammo! Use your side arm!" I warn as Ramirez takes aim with the rifle.

He grumbled and withdrew. The pistols were silenced, but the sniper rifle wasn't. The two of us got up and I hastilly shoved everything I could back into the bag before turning to fire with Ramirez. Jumping up we withdraw quickly, disappearing further into the trees. While it's true whoever has the high ground is usually at an advantage if you were careful you could take out even the greatest force with just a small one of your own. Our three others were waiting back at their mini-camp. I couldn't call it in since the radio had been 'shot out'. But the shots we fired should be enough to put them on guard.

I duck around a tree and drop my bag, taking aim as I mutter to myself. I'd left my rifle behind. I raise my pistol trying to make myself as low as I can get. As they came down the hill slowly I took aim and fired, the bullet hitting one of them in the shoulder. He glanced at it and turned firing at me. I squeeked as I ducked back behind the tree as they fired in my direction. Ramirez was gone, I'd lost sight of him. I waited until I heard the shots stop and leaned around firing three times toward the incoming forces. They probably had back up on the way so I would have to be quick. But all three shots missed.

I heard more shots as I ducked back behind the tree, before I realized that the tree wasn't being hit. I saw the others coming back with Ramirez. Leaning around the tree I fired again, emptying the last of my clip as I moved toward them. They were out and they lay down. I reached down grabbing one's radio and clipped it to my belt, before taking another and tossing it to the others. We walked away, wandering toward back toward the sniping point. I had to retreive my rifle. I got back and knelt, raising my binoculars again.

"Squad three report. We need to know if you cought the spies."

It took me a minute before I realized it was the radio I'd taken. But I didn't respond. Instead I sat there and watched. I felt, more than saw, Ramirez lay down beside me again, setting his rifle up once more.

"They'll be sending others. You might want to call and have the others join us." I said, smirking. "They'll be here soon if they don't get a response. Maybe we should relocate? That way we can see this spot and anything else?"

"I'll call it in. Take your stuff back and then come back here, and set up. I'll move and have Jonas spot for me from my position. If you'll spot from here we'll have a wider range of coverage." Ramirez said, nodding.

The two of us dust off and pack up. I wait for Ramirez to signal me he's set up with Jonas. I had to be here until they had eyes on this spot. I saw the signal and moved to go put my stuff back at the camp. Upon returning I lay down beside the tree. It was somewhat for cover, somewhat to make myself tiny. When you made yourself as small as possible you were that much harder to hit. I waited, my rifle laying beside me, my binoculars in hand.

"Spotted. I've got mark number two."

It's Ramirez's voice coming over the radio. I frown as I look down at the radio I had. My eyes went wide as I reached for the radio and switched over to our channel. But I wouldn't break radio silence. I clicked an S.O.S. Then I raised my rifle and fired a shot hitting the tree Ramirez was by. It was my signal that it came from me. I saw Jonas turn toward me. I raised myself enough that he could clearly see me, using the tree for cover. I signaled that they could hear, pointing at the base, tapping my ear and pointing at the radio. Signaling an open palm with my thumb tucked in, I switched my radio to channel four.

"Falcon's claw to Hawk eyes, you're clear." came Jonas' voice.

"I just heard what you said over the radio. The enemy radio that I just took from them. Be advised they're monitoring. Give me a signal and switch to channel for if you need to talk to me." I say.

I waited for the "Roger" and switched back to the enemy's channel before frowning as I came in part way into it.

"-ing that they know. They're getting ready for a combat drop into the main tower."

I knew that voice but I couldn't place it. But I was suddenly dragged out of my thoughts when paint splattered against the tree I was using for cover again. I ducked back behind the tree I was beside and reached for the rifle. I jerked my hand back when shots hit the ground near my hands. I drew my pistol again and made sure it was loaded with a fresh clip. I took my vest off and threw it one way before diving out to the other side. The vest was shot up as I came around, firing with the pistol, hitting two of the targets before the other two began firing again. I rolled away, ducking behind another tree when I heard a pair of loud shots ring out. I dared a glance out and saw those two had been hit in the side of their heads. Ramirez had saved my ass. I owed him a beer.

(1,136/1,000)
Back to top Go down
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry
Surreal SaDiablo

Female
Number of posts : 3123
Rep! : 257
Registration date : 2009-01-03

Flashback: War games Part 1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flashback: War games Part 1   Flashback: War games Part 1 EmptyFri Jun 05, 2009 11:41 am

Updated
Back to top Go down

Flashback: War games Part 1
Page 1 of 1