Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

H2H Content Site ( Mirror ) - New Content Added 11/22!

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Flashback: War games part 2

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
DarkKnightCecil
Respected Elder
DarkKnightCecil

Male
Number of posts : 1215
Rep! : 21
Registration date : 2009-02-18

Flashback: War games part 2 Empty
PostSubject: Flashback: War games part 2   Flashback: War games part 2 EmptySun Jun 07, 2009 10:57 pm

I sat patiently in my favorite spot, screwing the barrel into place on the sniper rifle I'd taken apart in my spare time. Gryz, Krys and I were waiting around for Jonas to show up with the four new recruits we'd been informed had arrived. We waited patiently each doing our own thing. I was working on my building skills. I sat there in the mesh chair, yawning as I slid the last screw into place. I raised the empty rifle, pointing it at the door as it opened. On base nobody was really on guard, but as it opened, my hand dropped to my side arm. Gryz was the fastest draw on all of us. He was pointing his gun down the hanger toward the door.

We had set up in an old hanger on base that didn't have any use anymore. We used it mostly because it was big. We had a lot of stuff on the base. We were getting ready for the second half of the wargames. They'd been called off due to a few of the situations occuring like Operation Black Orca. It was never fun but you had to be ready.

"Stand down!" Jonas called as we moved to salute.

Jonas had risen to the rank of First Lieutenant, and we knew he hated formality unless required. So every chance we got we'd tease him by saluting. And we knew the new additions had to have done it as well. I smirk as he gets close enough for us to see his face. Laughing softly I walk toward the rifle locker, and put the rifle away.

"That's Gryz, our weapons expert. Krys our intel officer. Over there is Doji. She's our comm officer and the rounded member of our team." he said.

"Is that supposed to be a fat joke, Jonas?" I ask, quirking an eyebrow as I turn toward them.

"Sounds like it to me." one of the recruits said, grinning.

"Shut up newbie. Squad these are our new recruits. Unfortunately we don't have very long to see how much we can learn about them. I'm ordering radio silence right now. We have two hours to get equipment and scope out the position. Gryz, you're on weapon duty. Keep it how you see fit but we're going to be pulling a B and E. It's us against four squads, and we're holding the high ground. We have two hours to get ready and then a chopper will pick us up and take us over to the location. Doji, get me a map of the area from the satellite overhead, and monitor every communications channel you can. I want to know if they're scouting the area. We're taking the 'Castle'" Jonas ordered. "Newbies, you will be going with me and Krys, we're going to pick up some extra equipment."

With that they left and I moved to my computer. I began typing away at the commands, my eyes scanning the screen as I download the various maps I needed.

"So what do you see?" Gryz asked as he set a rifle next to me.

He knew what I liked, and the HK G36 was one of my favorite rifles. Picking it up I fold the stock out and cock the weapon before pulling the trigger in the air. The click follows before I put set the rifle down on the ground, standing it on the stock.

"I'm not seeing anything on the normal. Thermal's not showing a whole lot either. Wait a minute... There they are... Five.. Six.. Seven people looking it over. They aren't going in but they're watching it. Hey do me a favor and load up a crate of auto turrets will you? I have an idea."

"You got it." he says as he continues readying everything.

Once he's done setting out the weapons we're taking with us he loads a crate with the weaponry I asked for. As he seals it I grab the handle on one side as he takes the other. The two of us carry it over to the front of the hanger before he goes to ready the clips with the paint rounds required for these war games. Moving to a large locker I grab a few things, remotes, cameras, and so on. Zipping them into the bag I slip it over my shoulder before going to help Gryz.

Jonas returned as we nearly finished. Spotting him I patted Gryz's shoulder and moved to help Jonas load the chopper when it arrived. We carried the crates onto the board.

"We have a few problems. Satellite is showing that there are people watching it. They have to know it's empty by now. I've got the maps downloaded to my laptop and I've got the satellite locked off. Top brass are going to be PISSED." I say, grinning.

"Remind me not to piss you off or give you my bank information." Jonas said before locking the crates into place.

Exiting the chopper I wave everyone over and show them the maps on the laptop.

"We know the size of the force coming at us. We are going to have to be very careful though. All we have to do is survive twenty-four hours and we've won. But surviving is going to be difficult. As bad as this may sound we may need to throw someone to the wolves." Krys explained, as she looked around.

Jonas frowned as he looked at all of us. "I wont throw anyone unless we don't have a choice. Alright everyone on board. We'll load up."

"Permission to join you guys later?" I ask watching Jonas.

"Reason?"

"I'm planning something. Can't talk about it yet, but I'll be there with plenty of time to spare."

"Denied." he said.

Sighing I boarded the chopper with the others. Sitting there I smile. It'll take a few minutes to get over to the 'castle' so I looked toward the newbies.

"What are your names?" she asked.

"I'm MAC. Just MAC. This is Duke, Havoc, and Hawkeye." MAC said, motioning to the others.

"I'm a close quarters combat expert." Havoc said.

"I'm a sniper." Hawkeye said.

"Demolitions expert." Duke said.

"Nice." I responded, smirking.

"Lock it up!" Jonas snapped.

I shook my head sighing, as I rubbed my eyes lightly.

"What is it?" Krys asked.

The squad knew me well. They knew exactly what was going on.

"Someone's trying to unlock the satellite." I said.

"Dammit. Can you lock it down? Change the passcodes!" Jonas said.

"I can't lock it down. But I can send false information."

"You wouldn't say that unless you were already doing it."

"You know me well boss man."

"When we get there we'll unload the stuff, and set up. Lock down, and get things ready. Doji, set up cameras wherever we can. You're our eyes on the inside and out. Everyone tune their radios to channel 9. Doji, keep an ear on that one. Hawkeye, find the perfect spot and dig in. Gryz, you MAC and Duke get the the guns unloaded into central base. I'll help Doji get things set." Jonas ordered.

"Right." we all said, in unison.

As we landed, we unloaded, setting things up before I moved around the area, setting up sensors and cameras. I grin as I pull the pin on a paint grenade and drop it into a jar before balancing it, carefully, onto the handle. Standing I back away, before putting a hand on my neck.

"Nobody use any doors to the outside but the main ones. I'm triggering them." I broadcast.

I was finished with the different cameras before I went to finish rigging the doors. Not all were rigged the same way. After they were done I went to the crate with the turrets.

"Gryz, give me a hand setting these up. MAC will you get the wireless cameras from my bag? It's by my laptop." I say as Gryz helps me get the turrets set up.

"Cameras on top of the turrets?" MAC asks.

Gryz just grins as we wire everything together. As we finish setting up the two hour mark goes by. We hear the shots come as we continue to work. Hawkeye is on a tower, taking people out one at a time.

"These guys are serious. The advance forces are testing our sniper. Hawkeye. North east, twenty degrees. Moving in. Just beyond the treeline." I say.

"Nobody there... Wait there he is...Tango down." Hawkeye says over the comm.

"Sounds like he's having a great time!" I say, as we finish with the turrets. "Alright, stand back. Testing in three... two... one..."

I hold the joystick in my hands the turrets turning left, then right.

"YES! Alright all set. You two go take care of the main hall, set it up so nothing gets through without one hell of a fight. If they want to come get us they'll have to come through these doors in front of us. The instant they open I'll see them and start cutting them down." I say as I go to my laptop setting the controler down.

This was going to be one hell of a fight. And there was no way our team was going to go down without one big fight. Sitting there I yawn, kicking my feet up as I watch the satellite view. It wasn't impossible for them to take this location. If they're smart about it.

"Hey Jonas. Do they need confirmed kills to win? Or do they just have to take the building?" I ask.

"Good point. Duke, Havoc, get scouting. See if you can find a way out of here, so we can evacuate, in case it comes to that. Or maybe a way we can make it look like we've done that." Jonas ordered. "They need confirmed kills Doji. Objectives are to retreive YOUR laptop, and eight bodies."

"Maybe one of us should head for the woods and hid out." Gryz said. I knew he meant me.

I was the only one on the squad with a cyber brain. I was the only one that could keep the radio chatter monitored, and at the same time. I could take the laptop with me but I'd miss out on the fun. I pick up the HK Gryz gave me and sling it over my shoulder as I close my laptop.

"Doji sit the fuck down. We need you in here. We need all the bullets we can get. We have a living arsenal in here and when your turrets run out of bullets we can't hold them back to reload. As much as I'd LOVE to send you out of here, they might have someone waiting for you. Your all seeing eyes can't see everything around you AND what's going on here. Krys you're on bodyguard duty. She doesn't go anywhere alone." Jonas said.

"So we're protecting Doji? Interesting." Gryz said, frowning.

Gryz was old fashioned. He didn't like women being on the front line let alone doing wetwork. But then again Krys and I had already earned his respect. He had seen us in action and we weren't push overs. But he still didn't like the thought. Then again Jonas was pretty hard on me, and rumor had it, Krys when we first joined up.

"Gryz, when Duke gets back send him up to support Hawkeye. I don't want someone sneaking up behind him and putting a round in his back." Jonas said. rubbing his chin.

"Chopper inbound. These guys aren't waiting around. They're gonna try and breach from above." Hawkeye said over the radio.

"Belay that order Gryz, get up there yourself and cover her. Hawkeye, Gryz is coming to you. Dig in and hold position unless you have no other choice." Jonas ordered as Gryz double timed it out of the room.

"Looks like we got our wish. Duke, you find anything yet?" I ask over the radio as I continue to watch the satellite's feed.

"Negative. We have no way out. There is a basement and pretty hard to get into but it'll be pretty damned hard fighting our way out too. Maybe if we move everything to set up down here we might have a better chance?" Duke asked.

"Negative... Wait.. Duke, take what you need and make it look like we're setting up down there. Move one of the turrets if you need to. I can remote activate it later." I respond. "Just don't get killed doing it."

"Roger that Doji. Havoc and I will get it done."

"Dammit! COMMAND WE ARE FUCKED!" came Gryz's voice from over the radio.

"What's going on Gryz?" Jonas asked. "Talk to me, Doji!"

"I'm not seeing anything on the satellite! DAMMIT! I'm getting a clear view of what's going on out there but I'm not finding any helicopters! Nothing on thermals nothing for the plain eye! Nothing is showing up other than the signatures on the ground and they aren't getting bigger fast enough! Gryz, give me an eye up top What's going on out there?!" I demand.

"The chopper's RIGHT HERE! I don't know how the fuck you're missing it. Hawkeye's out! He's been tagged and they're dropping down into that spot! We're fucked!" came his response.

"HOW THE FUCK ARE YOU NOT SEEING A CHOPPER!?" Jonas demanded as I grabbed my gun and began walking away, Krys following.

"GRYZ FALL BACK AND USE BURST FIRE! DUKE, HAVOC! GET BACK TO JONAS! MAC YOU'RE WITH US!" I order as we go.

Someone was keeping the chopper off the satellite. They were going to a lot of trouble just to fuck with me. I continue forward, raising my gun as Krys and MAC flanked me. The three of us moved quickly, covering corners, before heading for the stairs that lead to Gryz and Hawkeye. Hawkeye was already out so he was probably waiting for the game to end. But Gryz wasn't going down without one hell of a fight He'd take everyone with him he could before he called out. We could hear the fire from Gryz's gun as we finished coming up the stairs and ran down the hall.

"FRIENDLIES ON YOUR SIX!" I shout as I raise my rifle.

Peering through the DOT sight I fire, taking down two people, with a burst from my rifle. From behind me I hear MAC or Krys firing. In a highly stressful situation like this you lose sight of everything around you. Adrenaline pumps into your system and you can't help but find yourself working in slow motion. I duck down as they move ahead firing as I grab Gryz by the shoulder and pull. His leg is painted with a bright pink paint on his thigh. He's not supposed to walk without help. I pull hard, dragging him as he fires down the hall as MAC moves to help me. We drag him to the stairs where MAC loops an arm around Gryz and helps him stand before they move down the stairs. I tap Krys on the shoulder and she moves. My rifle raised I fire three bursts toward the people coming at us. But for some reason it's slower than normal.

My eyes focus as I fire in bursts as they come around the corner. The last of them fall from the impact of the shots, and they wait as I back up, reloading as I go. I feel the stairs behind me and run down them as the front doors blow open, the paint grenade tagging a few of them as I run. As I go I activate the turret still there. The other one is down the hall to the left, but still commanded. I sling my rifle over my shoulder and squeeze my trigger finger as I run, the turret firing as it shifts. It moves back and forth firing at the incoming soldiers behind me, as I run past it, and others. I drop into a slide, and roll behind an over turned table, using it for cover as I sit there, my eyes shifting as the turret fires over and over. I'm not about to let up as they keep coming. In the corner of my vision I see the number of bullets remaining in the clip as the turret fires.

When it runs dry I switch to the other, my eye twitching as the others wait. One eye cooperates with the current turret, the other one using the camera on the empty turret. As they came down the hall my finger twitched, a trio of paint bullets slamming into one soldier. My finger continues to twitch as they come for us. We're outnumbered and out gunned when this one runs out.

"DOJI! TALK TO ME!" Jonas demands, as I continued to worked.

"Someone's fucking with my uplink! They kept the chopper off my damned uplink. We have to get the fuck out of here or we are going to lose!" I counter as I fire, using bursts to keep the soldiers at bay.

As the turret die runs out of ammo I raise my rifle. Everything is still moving in slow motion. As one of them drops to avoid fire, I lower my aim, shooting him in the chest before turning to the other person in the hall. I don't even blink as the bullet flys past me. I fire a single bullet from my rifle, and hit him right between the eyes. This wave is done. It'll be a few seconds before the next one shows. I duck down and breathe slowly as Jonas stares at me in awe.

"You never shot like that before. What the fuck is with you?" he asked.

"I don't know... Everything's just... Slowing down!"

(2964/750)
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Ascended Tonberry
aѕceпxion

Male
Number of posts : 6937
Rep! : 110
Registration date : 2009-01-02

Flashback: War games part 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flashback: War games part 2   Flashback: War games part 2 EmptyMon Jun 08, 2009 6:49 pm

Updated.
Back to top Go down

Flashback: War games part 2
Page 1 of 1