Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

H2H Content Site ( Mirror ) - New Content Added 11/22!

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Fresh Air (Open)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Psi Prince
Mystic Moogle
Psi Prince

Male
Number of posts : 2610
Rep! : 96
Registration date : 2009-03-02

Fresh Air (Open) Empty
PostSubject: Fresh Air (Open)   Fresh Air (Open) EmptyTue Jun 16, 2009 2:31 am

Leaving the monk's hut for some fresh air, I step outside to stretch my legs. Judging from the visions that I have had recently, I could really use a change of scenery. There is something about this place that makes me think that the medicine that I have been receiving might be driving me crazy... literally and that worries me. Looking around at the small patch of land outside of the village where I have been forbidden from going, I walk around for a bit. I enjoy the cool, crispness of the air. When I take a deep breath, it reminds me of when you rub eucalyptus on your chest when you have a chest cold and that minty feeling. Exhaling back out, a smile comes across my face. Looking around to make sure that I am alone, I wiggle my hands in "focused hand gestures" and make silly kung fu action movie sound effects as several rocks, twigs, and branches lift into the air. I start whistling to myself as the debris is brought together in two clusters and they start dancing to the music. Obviously, my delirium may not have subsided completely. I hear a bird crow in the sky and I disperse my dancing clusters to look up at the bird. "If I really want some fresh air, then there is probably no better place to be than in the air..." My legs bend at my knees as the muscles in my calves tighten before they spring vertically launching me into the air after the bird. Dodging branches and snakes as I weave thru the canopy, I emerge to the open sky. Freedom... true freedom! No planes to watch out for or anything like that, I just get to watch everything from up here and see the birds in their realm. It is so peaceful to me up here.

312 words

:sango:

Last edited by Psi_Prince on Thu Jul 30, 2009 5:00 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Psi Prince
Mystic Moogle
Psi Prince

Male

Fresh Air (Open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fresh Air (Open)   Fresh Air (Open) EmptyTue Jul 07, 2009 2:43 am

Having returned to the skies of the forests after my return to the city to get back to work, I have found that perhaps I should have stayed longer to find out what the monk could do to help me deal with the discovery of the demon blood flowing within my veins. I stay to the outskirts of the designated area that I was allowed to traverse when I was healing up before as I make my way back to the monk's hut. While in flight, a rift opens in the sky above the canopy and two demons, one light and one dark, appear from it fighting vigorously against one another. The strange thing is that the light demon has large avian wings, but they are not white as I have heard the wings of light spirits are. I am drawn closer to the skirmish as if there is a gravitational force drawing me towards me as I observe the fighting styles of each. The twin sword and magic meshed style of the light demon is far more skillful and refined than the raw strength style of the axe-wielding dark demon. Sparks fly as their blades clash and the axe blade grinds against the two swords. The kami utters an incantation and the sparks come together and accelerate at the oni demon.

The discharge knocks the oni back a few meters before the oni stops in the air. I do not move from my position of observation as I cannot remember the last time I got to watch a battle of light vs dark spirits, so I would make sure to enjoy this as best as I can.

Last edited by Psi_Prince on Thu Jul 30, 2009 5:00 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Psi Prince
Mystic Moogle
Psi Prince

Male

Fresh Air (Open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fresh Air (Open)   Fresh Air (Open) EmptyTue Jul 14, 2009 5:34 am

The dark onikonjou flies back at the kami and slashes at him widely before catching him with a front kick to the chest that knocks the kami back a few paces. I move with them like an invisible spectator enjoying a fight from afar. Something inside of me begins to build up as if I am being drawn to this conflict and wanting to enter the fray. "This is not my conflict," I tell myself before moving back a bit. A voice next to me speaks, "Are you sure about that, young Prince?" I look around but see no one standing next to me. "While you may possess the power to see spirits, I possess the ability to remain unseen except to those whom I deem worthy of looking upon me. What are you doing here?" I reply quietly as not to disturb the fight, "I am searching for someone that can help make sense of... wait, why am I talking to myself?" I get smacked upside my head and the voice chuckles lightly, "Still think you're going crazy?" I look at the direction of the smack and try to telekinetically grab my attacker, but I find a flaw in my ability... the annoyance is that the voice now behind me has realized it as well. "You can't use that power on me because you can't manipulate what you can't see. Ha ha ha." I ask the invisible pest what he wants and he tells me that he enjoys these little skirmishes between two sides that are so similar yet oh so different. "What does that even mean?!"

Last edited by Psi_Prince on Thu Jul 30, 2009 4:58 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Psi Prince
Mystic Moogle
Psi Prince

Male

Fresh Air (Open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fresh Air (Open)   Fresh Air (Open) EmptyThu Jul 30, 2009 2:45 am

He tells me to think about it. Obviously I have thought about it and it still makes no sense to me! “Both of them are spirits and both of them spend so much of their time battling against the other. They can both take on an animal form and a human form, though they pick distinctly different animals to portray and even their appearance in human form has noticeable distinctions. The primordial battle between light and darkness right before your very eyes, young Prince.” Still, I don’t see what this has to do with me. “What is your point, spirit?” The voice speaks again, “You will have to make a choice soon. Which of them is going to survive? The Kami or the Oni? Is the Kami good and noble and is the Oni a villainous being that deserves your wrath without question? Is there a such thing as a Dark Kami? Are you a Dark Kami or could you be a Light Oni? Do you know the difference?” The voice is confusing me more and moreso I try to shake my head to get him away from me. “Leave me alone!”

The battling spirits nearly end their battle as the kami cuts into the oni’s flesh and the voice returns. “You never answered my question. That’s quite rude of you.” I sigh annoyed and ask, “Which question? You asked like ten and most of them sounded rhetorical.” The voice asks me if I know the difference, so I tell him, “The difference between a kami and an oni is that a kami is a benevolent spirit and an oni is a dark demon. I have never heard of a Dark Kami or a Light Oni, but I am neither b/c I am not a spirit. I have never died. I am alive.” The voice chuckles, “Is that what you think? Someone is in need of a little education.” I turn my head and when I look back to watch the fight, the two battling demons are gone. “What the…?” The voice speaks, “It was an illusion. There are very few ways to reach the mortal realm and rifts are very uncommon just so you know. Why have you never traveled to the other side, young Prince?”

381/1235
Back to top Go down
Psi Prince
Mystic Moogle
Psi Prince

Male

Fresh Air (Open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fresh Air (Open)   Fresh Air (Open) EmptyThu Jul 30, 2009 5:33 am

Looking around, I stop for a moment hoping that I would be able to at the very least, feel something and he laughs. Now you know full well that you are not that skilled yet. There are those who could teach you how to develop a better sense of your surroundings. As a strategist, this is seen as extremely important, though with you being mortal and all, we can only expect so much. I’m not quite sure why the Warlord wishes to meet you.” I look at where the voice is coming from and speak, “Warlord? What’s that?” The voice returns the question, “Wow… and you call yourself a strategist just because you read a few books. Your Coordinators are even bigger jokes now if you are their leader.” My anger flares up and he continues to taunt me, “Oh… pride and vanity truly are your weaknesses. So perhaps that is why the half breed witch abandoned you. Uh oh… wait… you probably thought she was actually a Kami, didn’t you? Poor foolish boy. You will require a great deal of work if you are to be of any use where we are headed.” I tell him that I am going nowhere with him and he just chuckles.

Energy swirls around me and I can feel my body feel as if it is being ripped apart piece by piece. My soul forces everything back together but not before I actually catch a glimpse of the voice’s true form. It is a middle aged winged entity dressed in dark garbs, but seems to have a rather soft aura about him. Once I am able to speak again, I inquire, “What… are you?” He remains silent for a moment before commenting, “So it is true. Interesting indeed. You’ll find out later. First, you need to realize where you are going.” I feel an energy push against my chest that knocks me backwards and knocks the air out of me before I fly back into a portal.

Coming out still in the forest, I look around and notice that my location looks familiar and I smell water. Turning around I see the lake deep in the Western Forest near the coven manor. My anger flares again and the voice speaks, “You have no control whatsoever right now. That is rather pathetic. The more I am supposed to be impressed with you, the more you seem to be a failure in my eyes. Just like the portal that you thought you stopped. You delayed it and barely, you weakling.” My temper erupts and I call out, “Show yourself, you coward! It is easy for you to insult people when you keep yourself hidden. Step out of your little shroud and taunt me in my face. I will show you who is pathetic!” The voice chuckles and smacks me upside my head again and as I go to curse at him again, I feel a grip pressing clawed fingernails into the nerve clusters under my jaw between my chin and throat. I try to push out with my telekinesis, but nothing happens. “You think you’re the only one with telekinesis powers. There’s a reason why my master sent me to retrieve you. It is time for you to visit the other side.” My body is telekinetically discarded towards the portal and I force my body to stop in mid-air. “So you can fly. Good to know. Very good to know.” I curse the voice again for being a coward and he speaks, “The difference between us, young Prince, is that your insults do not move me at all, but they are the hollow threats of a weakling. You will not always see where your enemies are coming from, so you need to learn how to find enemies that you can’t easily see.” I yell out for him to stop lecturing me. I get smacked again causing me to try and lash out though I have no clue where he is. It is at this point that I decide not to chase after him anymore. I begin to draw energy closer and closer to me. When the voice tries to strike me again, he would find that the energy is actually acting like a barrier of sorts to prevent him from getting close enough. He calls out to me yet I say nothing. This is the moment where I realize that I cannot speak even when I try. My lips don’t even move. What the hell is going on now…?

The figure that I saw before reappears and the voice speaks and I can see him. I’m not quite sure what is going on, but I am damn sure glad that I can now see my target. My body does not obey my commands and slowly I find myself fading to the background. My body speaks, but it is not the common tongue. Instead it is that foreign tongue from the other night, “I am in no mood to play games with you. How do I get to the capital of Onitoshi, Arden?” The voice notices that I am looking directly at him and when he moves, my eyes follow him around. He speaks in common, “You can see me? Wait, how do you know that language?” My voice grows annoyed as I continue to speak in the foreign tongue that I am not even sure how I am able to speak it, “Do you presume to question me? I asked you a question, did I not?” The figure finds himself confused by all of this. My voice speaks again, “I will not ask you again. You know who I am and you have annoyed me enough by insulting and assaulting my symbiote. Answer me or allow me to see which of my latent powers I will unlock next? My symbiote is pretty strong.” The voice looks at me and notices that my eyes are flowing with gold swirls of energy. “P-Prince? How is this possible?” My voice sighs showing obvious signs of annoyance and speaks again, “I warned you.” My hand rises towards the demon and a pulse is released seemingly from my palm to hit him in the chest with force. The figure is knocked back, but my head shakes in displeasure. “It would seem that my symbiote does not possess all of my former strength. No matter. Let’s see if I can’t amplify the damage a bit… Storm of the mind bless this body.” A dry mist surrounds my form and little crystals cover my body. The crystals seep into my skin and I feel a surge of energy flood thru my body.

My attention turns back to the annoying figure that had been pestering me this entire time. I smile as the sun sets as well and I suddenly feel the power of the night overcoming me as well. Now this is what I am talking about. The figure tries to charge at me and I stop his body in its tracks by telekinetically grabbing him by his throat. “I would suspect that you are now in the mood to tell me what I want to know aren’t you?” I squeeze tighter not truly realize that my mind is able to lash out with the might of a god and squeezing tighter and tighter, he struggles to breathe. The hairs on the back of my neck stand on edge causing me to quickly disappear from where I’m floating in the sky and I appear safely to the east of my former position. I had not relinquished my hold on the figure. Looking deeper into the center of the lake, I notice that there is a portal floating over the water. “So this is what my symbiote found after they began to wake me up. Good work, Psyre. It is time to return to the darkness…” The figure is flung towards his would be savior as I fly for the portal. Nearing the portal, an unfortunate lesser demon escapes from the portal only to appear in front of me. Control starts to revert back to me and the demon becomes my test dummy of using this enhanced form of my telekinesis as I squeeze his skull until it caves under my strength and I just smile. The figure flies after me and I “catch” him in mid stride only to discard him as I dive into the portal. Excitement overtakes me as my body enters the portal to the Underworld... the capital of demons and darkness… Onitoshi... the capital city of Arden.

1520/1255 x 1.05 = 1318
Unlock: Support: Unwetting Rayne (1000/1000)
Unlock Seer Custom: Telekinesis II (500/500)
-12 TEXP
-2000 EXP = 734 EXP

Telekinesis II
Having perfected the use of basic telekinesis, Psyre's affinity with the power reaches a new, stronger level that allows him to manipulate objects with force that the average seer is not capable of. Growing more in tune with his spirit side, he is able to move and manipulate the motion of objects with his mind with growing capability.
Effect: +1 to Psyre's mental strength attribute
Back to top Go down
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry
Surreal SaDiablo

Female
Number of posts : 3123
Rep! : 257
Registration date : 2009-01-03

Fresh Air (Open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fresh Air (Open)   Fresh Air (Open) EmptyTue Aug 04, 2009 8:35 pm

Updated
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Fresh Air (Open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fresh Air (Open)   Fresh Air (Open) Empty

Back to top Go down

Fresh Air (Open)
Page 1 of 1