Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

H2H Content Site ( Mirror ) - New Content Added 11/22!

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Showdown Challenge (Closed)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
яuиє
Ascended Tonberry
яuиє

Male
Number of posts : 3978
Rep! : 82
Registration date : 2009-01-02

Showdown Challenge (Closed) Empty
PostSubject: Showdown Challenge (Closed)   Showdown Challenge (Closed) EmptyTue Jun 16, 2009 11:43 pm

I had caught wind of a show down of sorts that was taking place at the City Metro Range in Gunshyne Bastion, a contest to test and show off a gunslingers skills. At first I didn't think nothing of it but I quickly came around and decided I would go participate in contest. It wasn't to hard to get in 9o the contest, a small entry fee and signing up for it and I was in, the hard part was going to be the other competitors and there relative skill level with the firearms that where going to be used in the competition. I was confident in my skills with a handgun, however my skills with other firearms where rather sub par. Luckily in the contest the shooters would be using pistols, however this didn't detract from the fact that some of the competitors would have a high level of skill with a pistol much like I had and for this reason I felt I needed to brush up on my skills with the pistol. This is exactly what I did with the time I had before the competition, brush up on my skills and make sure I hadn't forgotten anything. When the day of the contest came up, I drove to the gun range and pulled into a parking spot before turning my SUV off. After the car was off I sat back into my seat and took a slow deep breath, holding it in for a moment before exhaling, after my brief moment of relaxing I reached over and gripped the handle to the driver side door and gave it a pull, releasing the latch holding the door shut, then pushed the door open. As I pushed the door open I stepped out of my SUV and away from the door enough to push it closed behind me. Once the door was shut and locked, I turned my head, shifting my attention to the City Metro Range, the information about the contest said the shooters would be provided ammunition and a weapon to use in the contest, this prevented people from cheating and using guns that are better then other guns and put all the shooters on a bit of a level playing field, at least weapon wise. Turning my attention away from the range, I glance at some of the other people already on there way to the range, though I wasn't sure if they where here for the contest or simply to practice, I figure I'll find out when I get inside the building. Pulling away from my SUV I begin walking across the parking lot to the main entrance. Moving up and past the main entrance to the building, I step into the lobby and give another glance around, my gaze falling upon a sign which notified the competitors of the shooting contest where to go. Following the direction the sign had given, I begin to move and make my way to the range which will be used for the contest, since it was a nice sunny day out, the range that was being used was an outdoor range. As I stepped back out into the sunlight once again I am forced to close my eyes for a brief moment before opening them back up as they adjust to the bright outdoor light again. Noticing a group of people I look over some of them, they must be the other competitors who are here for the contest. " Alright everyone. " A man said, cutting through the chatter to get everyone's attention, mine included. " The rules are simple; No shooting another contestants targets, no cheating, no distracting the other contestants, and the rules and bylines for gun safety and etiquette apply to the contest. If everyone understands this, then we shall begin. " as the man fell silent, he waited for a response from each of the contests showing they understood the rules, everyone gave a yes to the man, including me. After everyone understood the rules, the man began to hand out the pistol we would be using for the contest, though he left out the ammunition for the weapon. Once everyone had there weapon, they where assigned a spot on the range where they would be participating from. When I was given my spot I made my way over to the area, a few magazines sat on a table awaiting me, along with eye wear and ear phones. Setting the gun on the table, I reached over and picked the ear phones up, fitting the device snuggle on my head so the large ear muffs covered my ears correctly. As an added bonus, the earphones also supported a microphone and had built in speakers so you could hear people while firing your weapon. After putting the ear phones on I pick the pistol back up and one of the magazines and slip the magazine into the magazine receiver before releasing the slide, loading a round into the chamber. A voice came through the speakers at my ears " Alright, now that everyone is ready, the contest shall begin. " the voice said, notifying everyone that the contest was starting. With the start of the contest, each contestant was allowed a single magazine to shoot at the target with, they would be scored on a point system according to where they hit the target, each area representing a point value, the one's with the highest score would win the round, the ones with the highest score after all the rounds would be the winners of the contest. Lifting the pistol, I took aim at the target down range in my lane, glancing over the areas on the target as I took aim for one of them. By now, the other shooters where already starting to fire at there own targets, however I was waiting a moment to pick out which areas I wanted to shoot at, since this wasn't an actual gunfight I didn't have to make snap shots at the target, though I knew I could hit vital areas that way as well, I guess I was just procrastinating a bit.

Post WC: 1,029
Back to top Go down
яuиє
Ascended Tonberry
яuиє

Male
Number of posts : 3978
Rep! : 82
Registration date : 2009-01-02

PostSubject: Re: Showdown Challenge (Closed)   Showdown Challenge (Closed) EmptyWed Jun 17, 2009 2:03 am

After a moment longer I line up the sights on the pistol with the target, aiming for a simple chest shot in the heart area. Once I had the shot lined up, I took it, giving the trigger three gentle squeezes back to back, firing off three rounds into the target's chest around the area of the heart. After the three shots, I quickly switched to a second point on the target, raising the gun sights to the head before I gave the trigger another three squeezes. Moving back to the chest, I fired off the last two rounds in the magazine before the slide on the gun kicked back and locked in place, indicating the magazine was empty. Once the magazine was empty, I pressed the ejection switch and caught the magazine as it slipped from the magazine port and placed it on the table off to the side. With the other shooters finished, the targets where collected and the score was tallied up. I was a bit disappointed when they gave out the scores, I had only got second in the top three, I was going for first but someone got a few more points then I did. Ah, I would have to work harder in the next rounds, I intended to finish with first prize. The next round was a time challenge, each shooter taking a turn with a limited amount of time. The objective was to get as many points as they could in the shortest amount of time. We would be given two magazines and given thirty seconds to shoot as many rounds into a single target as we could, as before the target had different point value zones on it and the one's with the most points would win the round. After the man finished explaining the round to us it was time to start, this round sounded like it would be a challenge. As the round started, the first shooter stepped up and got ready. When the signal was given, the man jumped right into shooting, opening fire on the target. Myself along with the others watched the man. Unfortunately, he was one of the lower scoring individuals and didn't manage to unload both magazines into the target with the allotted time. Once his time was up, his score was calculated and the target was replaced with a fresh one before the second shooter stepped up and got ready. When my turn finally came around, I stepped up to the starting point and took one of the fresh magazines we were given and loaded it into the empty magazine port before releasing the slide, loading the weapon again. After loading the pistol, I took the second magazine, parting my lips, I slipped the second magazine between my teeth and held it in place, I figured since I needed to quick swap magazines it would be best to have the spare magazine close by. After a brief pause to give me time to get ready, the signal was given and like the ones before me, I jumped right into it, taking only second to aim at the target before I began squeezing the trigger in rapid secession. Eight shots where fired off with in a matter of seconds before I ejected the first magazine, letting it fall to the ground as I released the second from my mouth, letting it drop into my hand before quickly loading it into the empty magazine port. Once it was loaded I began to fire again, another series of rapid back to back shots rang out before the gun fell silent as the slide went back after the final shot and locked in place. After the final shot, I lowered the pistol as I gazed down at the target. For only having a split second to aim at high value spots, I believe I did good, hitting two of the most high value spots with 98% of my shots. Since my turn was up, I stepped away, moving off to the side where everyone else was waiting and watched as the rest of the shooters went. After everyone had taken there turn, the scores for the round where tallied up before given out. I was pleased with my score this round, not only did I get first place, but I got enough points to boost me above the one who had beaten me last round, putting me in first for the contest. Now that the second round was finished, it was time for the third and final round to take place, this round was another timed round, however, this round there would not only be targets that stood still, but also targets that where moving. We would be given three magazines and a minute to shoot as many targets as we could, as before, the round would be scored and the ones with the most points would win, and the three with the highest scores would win the contest. After enplaning the last round, the first shooter stepped up and took the three magazines, reloading his gun before the round started. I stood back with the other shooters and watched until it was my turn. When my name was called I stepped up to the starting line and took one of the magazines, loading it into my empty pistol before I took the other two, slipping one into my pocket and the other in my mouth as I had done before. When the signal was given, I jumped right into shooting, opening fire on the targets, knocking them off quickly, making sure my shots where on high point areas. When the first magazine went dry, I quickly reloaded with the fresh one I had in my mouth before I began firing again. When I came to the moving targets, one would think it would be harder to shoot them if you are inexperienced, however with the practice I have had it was fairly easy to shoot the moving ones. As the second magazine ran dry, I reloaded with the final one and proceeded to unload all eight rounds into the final set of targets before the pistol ran dry again and my go was up. Not long after I had finished the final round was over and we returned the weapons along with the ear phones before getting the final score. With the score tallied up, I came in first with the most, followed by two others close behind me. With the winners decided the others left and we were given our prizes, a nice bit of money. After getting the prize I headed out.

Post WC: 1,107
Back to top Go down
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry
Surreal SaDiablo

Female
Number of posts : 3123
Rep! : 257
Registration date : 2009-01-03

PostSubject: Re: Showdown Challenge (Closed)   Showdown Challenge (Closed) EmptyWed Jun 17, 2009 10:43 pm

Updated
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Showdown Challenge (Closed)   Showdown Challenge (Closed) Empty

Back to top Go down

Showdown Challenge (Closed)
Page 1 of 1