Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

H2H Content Site ( Mirror ) - New Content Added 11/22!

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Getting Put to Work

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
aѕceпxion
Ascended Tonberry
aѕceпxion

Male
Number of posts : 6937
Rep! : 110
Registration date : 2009-01-02

Getting Put to Work Empty
PostSubject: Getting Put to Work   Getting Put to Work EmptyWed Jul 01, 2009 6:34 pm

Getting Put to Work Seikibanner
Asakano Seiki
:: Getting Put to Work
:: East City > Lower Commons
* Seiki changes from High School Student to Extra / Middle / $1,500

As another day of summer rolls around, now with school out, I find myself with more free time on my hands. More free time meant that I had more time to work, and additionally I had a greater means to help out my mom with the household expenses. It was always an ongoing goal to continue to build upon the money that my father left behind for us with his death instead of using it until it eventually ran out. Since my mother had no means of income, the burden had fallen onto my shoulders unofficially and I fully accepted it. My mother was okay with it since I was working for my uncle, though it was hard for her to accept at first.

As the day starts off, I wake up in my bed alone, oddly enough. My lids slowly part and my eyes open with an initial view the overhead ceiling colored with a few rays of sunshine coming in from the slits of the blinds covering the window to the side of my bed. My chest rises and falls in an inhalation and my body shifts a bit as my right hand lifts and comes to my face and wipes my eyes. I sit up on bed and look to the side nightstand where the clock informed me that it was nearing the afternoon. Shifting out of bed, I stand to my feet and begin to prepare for the day. I had prior plans to meet with Mr. Gentosan, who was my actual current employer as well as an acquaintance of my Uncle’s. I proceed in getting showered, washed up and dressed before poking into Natsuki’s room to tell her I would be back later if she were there before finally moving to my front door. Reaching my front door, dressed in a pair of jeans and a tee shirt, I step into my sneakers and open the door. Closing the door behind me, I make my way to my motorcycle, mounting and starting it before revving the engine slightly and pulling out of the garage into the street in front of my house.

I drive from East City to the lower commons where Gentosan’s shop was. Reaching the area, I park my bike in the front of the shop. Gentosan ran a small family owned Sandwich Shop, or deli, which he used as a cover for much of his other operations. From experience, they had good food there, and seemed to have a pretty good amount of business. Moving from my parked motorcycle, I make my way to the entrance of the deli, open the door and step in. As I come into the deli, I notice the workers behind the deli counter servicing a little old lady at the moment. Maurice, the one eyed butcher, look up and motions to the back giving me the okay to move into the back of the shop where Gentosan normally could be found. With a nod I move through the interior of the shop passing a few people who were seated in the booths against the wall enjoying their meal. Making it to the back door, I open it and enter into a small hallway. The hallway has two doors on either side and a door at the end. Reaching the door at the end, I knock twice and step back. A slit at eye level opens up as I can see the partial visage of Gentosan’s driver and then it closes back. The door opens and the backroom reveals itself to me. Stepping in, I nod to the driver who waits for me to enter, then closes the door behind me. The room is relatively dark, a rectangular space with attributes of a storage area, but a cleaned out area in the middle where a mid height flat table rests. On the table are various things; there are drinks, cigarette trays, and cards scattered on it. Three gentlemen sit at the table. I am able to clearly see Gentosan at the side of the table opposite the entrance where I was. He looks up at me in a non verbal greeting as he acknowledges my presence. The second man is not someone that I readily recognize, but he is a professional type in a top hate that looked like a marketing agent or something; he held a lit cigar in his knuckle reclined back with one leg crossed over the other. The third man turns around and I recognize that it is my respected uncle. Stopping in my walk, I bow to both of them, verbally greeting them with respect as I announce my reason for coming. Gentosan smiles and informs, “you’ve got good timing, kid. I’ve got someone interested in you.” I rise from the bow and look towards the third man who nods and lifts his hat before lowering it back onto his head. I nod and speak, “Asakano Seiki, it’s nice to meet you.” The man grins and speaks, “yeah, I know about you. I’ve actually been lucky enough to catch a few of your fights down at Brawler’s Alley. You’re something of a superstar over there aren’t you?” Humbly I admit, “I’ve still got a long ways to go before I get to the top.” The man chuckles a bit and speaks, “I like that attitude. You’ll go a long way with it.” He motions to my uncle who sits with his chair to the side, looking at me and continues, “I’ve been speaking with your uncle here about a lucrative opportunity for you. See, you’re not only tough, but you’ve got a good look to you. I can market that and make you a star. How’s that sound?” I hesitate for a moment as I take in what he said allowing it to process in my mind. My mind wonders, ‘did he just say he could make me a movie star?’ Thoughts of Chuck Norris, Jackie Chan and Bruce Lee fill my head. With a nervous and eager nod, I assure, “that sounds like something I would be interested in. What do I have to do?” The man motions to a sheet of paper that was next to my Uncle as he explains, “you’re Uncle’s already agreed to the terms as your guardian, all you have to do is sign that piece of paper right there and I can make it happen.” At the moment he mentions that, my uncle’s gaze turns to the side. I look to my uncle who was not looking at me, but excited, I figured I would do anything in order to pursue this opportunity. Who -wouldn’t- want to be a movie star? I make my way to the table and lean over it looking at the paper. A pen is handed to me as the snazzy male leans forwards. I take the pen from him as he points out the mark for me to sign on. Placing pen to paper, I scribble my name on the paper before placing the pen down and leaning up. Maybe I wouldn’t have to go to the university after all. The man slides the paper into his hands and looks it over before folding it and placing it into a pocket within the breast of his coat. He holds his hand out to me and says, “Maxwell Commons. I’ll be your manager from here on.” With a large smile, my hand reaches out to his as I shake and bow, rising up and stating, “I’ll do my best!”

Back to top Go down
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry
Surreal SaDiablo

Female
Number of posts : 3123
Rep! : 257
Registration date : 2009-01-03

Getting Put to Work Empty
PostSubject: Re: Getting Put to Work   Getting Put to Work EmptyMon Jul 20, 2009 9:06 pm

Updated
Back to top Go down

Getting Put to Work
Page 1 of 1