Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

H2H Content Site ( Mirror ) - New Content Added 11/22!

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Is Everything Ready?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Psi Prince
Mystic Moogle
Psi Prince

Male
Number of posts : 2610
Rep! : 96
Registration date : 2009-03-02

Is Everything Ready? Empty
PostSubject: Is Everything Ready?   Is Everything Ready? EmptyWed Sep 02, 2009 4:29 am

My flight brings me to East City and I just float in the air for a moment looking at the city that I call my home and it is so bustling with life and energy even in the aftermath of such chaos. As I am about to start flying again, an orb appears in front of me and Crystal's face appears in the portal so I step through it. Appearing in her suite, she is wearing a nightgown and I ask her how our situation looks. She tells me that Psi Voli's investors are pleased with our operations and that things have been set in line for the Prince Enterprises merger. I shake my head. "I am taking over the company. Dontay has had enough time to leave. Also, how do you think Alexis would fare as my Executive Assistant? She will make a salary above that of a normal office manager because I want her to be in a capacity that she can aid you in my absence and run the Prince Enterprises division to handle wealth and asset management for our clients. I have grown quite fond of Arden and the society is so much different and Quinto's memories and legacy provide for so much learning and so many new experiences and sensations for me to enjoy there. Still, I want Psi Voli to take an interest in improving the quality of life in Gothstone. There is great potential there and I want to harness and focus that potential."

Crystal nods and tells me that she has spoken with city officials in regards to placing a gifted school in northwest Gothstone and there might be some minor complications that we will have to overcome first. I ask her if our efforts in the Lower Commons are having an effect and she tells me that the gangs are still a problem and the police still don't care about risking their necks there. I sigh. "So I can either focus on improving an already stable subdivision of Saicity and increase the public image of Psi Voli or I can shift our security focus completely to the Lower Commons where our only concern in East City or Metro are our own properties there. We will need to step up our recruiting efforts and I will be loosening the reins on the execution of duties by our Neutralizers. I've seen the true evils out there and I have authorized things in Onitoshi that had gotten the job done and done right the first time." Crystal looks at me and nods. "So do you want to focus on Gothstone or abandon it for the Lower Commons?" I tell her that I will focus on pooling our resources and building our capital to strengthen our position in the Lower Commons. If the Yakuza wishes to truly be more business-like, then I would like to meet with them to discuss terms. Let all of our allied security firms know that we are planning on making some big moves against the gangs in the area. I've got a new task for Alexis now. Speaking of her, I'll be back."

She tosses me my cell phone. "Now that you're back, you have to get used to using these again." I leave out of Crystal's room to head down to Alexis' suite to check on her. I walk thru the door into her suite and find it empty. Since I'm sure that I have quite a lot of messages, I sit in the dark in her suite and check my voice and holo messages with direct sight of the door. I will do this until she returns home. By the gods there are a lot of messages... good thing I have nothing else to do.

Back to top Go down
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry
Surreal SaDiablo

Female
Number of posts : 3123
Rep! : 257
Registration date : 2009-01-03

PostSubject: Re: Is Everything Ready?   Is Everything Ready? EmptyThu Sep 03, 2009 12:56 am

Is Everything Ready? Lexipost
The trip from City Metro back to the Psi Voli Luxury Suite building was blissfully uneventful aside from the strange looks the state of my vehicle received from the few people I happened to pass along the way. I would have to call a body shop in the morning to have them order the panels that would need to be replaced. I probably could take it back to the dealership Psyre had taken me to, but I really didn't want them to know what I let happen to it, nor did I want to chance Psyre finding out. That man has eyes and ears all around this city, one of them was bound to tip him off eventually, I sure as hell didn't need to waltz into a place I knew had semi regular contact with him. After all, I am not suicidal.

The instant I pulled into the building garage I knew I was screwed. I hadn't thought about the security guards patrolling the area to make sure everything was secure immediately after the city was under attack. Shows you how well I am actually processing information right now, huh? At any rate, I swung into the garage like I had a pack of Gar hot on my ass only to stomp the brake when one of the elite guards stepped out into my path. I'm fairly sure he was thinking that no one who lived in such a fine establishment would drive a car half as beat up as mine. Rolling my window down, I pull out my id and hand it to the guard. He has to look over it three times, compare my face to the picture, and then take another once over of the damage before he finally allows me to pull the rest of the way in and park for the night.

By the time I finally get the car into a space, enter the building, and reach my apartment I am ready to collapse into my nice comfy bed and pass out for the next week. Of course that can't happen; I have to be at work in a few short hours. Oh well, guess I'll be putting a pot of coffee on and avoiding my bedroom like the plague. Finally, home sweet home, I think as I open the door and slip inside my darkened apartment. Dropping my keys on the top of the entertainment center, I begin to move toward the kitchen to get a jump on that coffee.
Back to top Go down
Psi Prince
Mystic Moogle
Psi Prince

Male

PostSubject: Re: Is Everything Ready?   Is Everything Ready? EmptyThu Sep 03, 2009 2:51 am

Finally! You take a trip to Demon Realm for a little while and come back with over 100 messages. You would seriously think that at some point the damn mailbox would fill up or something. The beauty and bane of Saicity technology. Anyways, now that I am done checking my messages, I file them away into their respective message folders and start looking at what Crystal is already moving onto my calendar. The only bad thing about her having the gift of sight is that she knew that I would be back today and thus has already given me stuff to do... tomorrow! What the hell! I JUST got back, Crystal, seriously! I start looking at the meetings that she has set up and just shake my head. I "feel" a presence at the door and I smile. So she has returned home. I had thought to say something to her when she first walks in, but instead I decide to have a little fun with her. Lifting my body slightly off the ground, I move a little bit closer to the kitchen to keep a concealed view of what she's doing and when she goes to make coffee this present the perfect opportunity for me to have some fun with her. Regardless of whether she still used the old hot water kettle or a coffee maker, I would attempt to telekinetically move items that she is trying to use away from her or out of her hands in ways that makes it look like they slipped out. All of this is done while I fighting back laughter. After quite a while of this, I would make presence known. "Welcome home, Alexis. Have you missed me?"

303/958
Back to top Go down
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry
Surreal SaDiablo

Female

PostSubject: Re: Is Everything Ready?   Is Everything Ready? EmptyFri Sep 04, 2009 11:17 pm

Once I make it in to the kitchen I switch on the dim light on the exhaust hood of the stove. It was far too late, or too early for the bright fluorescent light of the overhead fixture. Besides, the stove light offered plenty of illumination for me to get a pot of coffee brewing. Sliding the generic coffee maker a little way from the wall, I pull out the drawer thingy for the filter and grounds and turn to try and dump the old ones into the garbage. Before I can even get the little plastic drawer hickey over the trash can, the damn thing seems to fly right out of my hand. I know I am sleep deprived and maybe even a bit loopy but I'm almost certain that I'm not too far gone to be losing fine motor function.

Picking up the kamikaze plastic drawer thing, I set it in the sink before scooping up the soggy filter and coffee grounds paste off of the floor to dump it in the trash. When most of the mess was cleaned up, I drop a dish towel down to take care of the rest and move to the sink to wash my hands and the plastic thing before continuing on with my task. Returning to the coffee maker with the freshly washed filter holder, I set it on the counter (before it can try to escape again) and reach up into the cabinet for the stack of filters. Peeling one thin filter away from the rest of the pack, I go to return the stack to the shelf when they too seem to revolt and slip out of my grasp. "What the hell?" I mutter to myself as I forcefully grab the filters off the counter where they settled and shove them back into the cabinet.

With the filter in the drawer I am now ready to add a few scoops of coffee. Based on the recent unexplained events I go ahead and decide to add three heaping scoops rather than my usual two, if I am already this clumsy I'm going to need my coffee to be strong enough to walk itself out of the pot. Pulling open the refrigerator door, I pull out the canister of home ground coffee beans and move back to the counter. After setting the metal canister down right beside the coffee pot, I turn my back for a second at the most to grab the scoop from the edge of the sink where I set it to dry the previous morning.

When I turn back to the counter I almost drop the scoop. The damn canister is sitting a good six inches away from the pot. I KNOW I set it right beside the freaking thing just a second ago. A shiver of fear runs up my spine just before the irritation takes over. "What the fuck?!? Seriously? This kitchen mutiny is messed up." Grabbing the metal can from where it migrated, I slam it back down onto the counter top right in front of the coffee pot and begin to scoop out the grinds and dump them into the filter. As I am moving my hand to dump the last scoop into the filter, the stupid little scooper thingy falls to the counter top spilling coffee grinds everywhere. "Damnit!! That's it, I give up! Stupid possessed coffee."

Having had quite enough of this craziness, I push the coffee machine back to it's original place and leave the rest of the shit sitting on the counter. I would come back to clean it all up when I was sure that it was no longer acting of its own accord.... And that's when I heard the voice.

My blood turned to ice in my veins. It didn't matter that something in the back of my mind told me I knew the voice, I still could only imagine that the demon had found me here and had come to finish what he started at Saito's place the night before I moved in. A visible tremor shudders through my form before I force myself to turn and face the so far disembodied voice.

Turning slowly, I scan the kitchen for anything I could use as a weapon... and then I remember that I don't need weapons... I have magic powers. Summoning a condensed ball of the cyclonic energy between my palms, I finally face my visitor. "Psyre!?!?! What are you.... How did you.... Why di...." Dismissing the vortex ball, I place both hands on my hips and narrow my eyes at the man. "Was all of that just now, You?" Ok so yeah, I just went from terrified, to defensive, to shocked, to confused, and finally to aggravated in about the span of thirty to forty-five seconds. I'm a girl, I can pull shit like that.

Back to top Go down
Psi Prince
Mystic Moogle
Psi Prince

Male

PostSubject: Re: Is Everything Ready?   Is Everything Ready? EmptySat Sep 05, 2009 4:34 am

Now that she has finally discovered that I am behind all of that, I start laughing as I tell her that perhaps she needs help making coffee. With a smirk, the grounds are moved into the filter before it is closed. The coffee pot floats over to the sink and I speak softly, "Activate," and the coffee pot start to fill with water. "I love voice activated kitchens." The water shuts off on its own when the coffee pot reaches the suggested line and I look at Alexis. "You probably do everything manually, don't you? We paid quite a bit for all of these suites to have some high tech smart features. I hope you're using them." Once the coffee starts, I take out my phone and send a message before I turn back to Alexis. "Your senses didn't detect me and I figured that you would appreciate that one more than placing my phone near you while playing the... anticipation messages that I received while I was away. Anyways, this isn't a social visit, I'm sad to report. What is the status of the acquisition documents? Do we have everything I need already situated? There is a board meeting tomorrow and I gave much more than a week." I am hoping for good news there. After being gone dealing with internal, both literally and figuratively, and external conflicts while in Onitoshi, I am still in the mode of strategically moving enemies into position to remove them. Everything should have been moved about by Crystal and Alexis, so now it's time for me to finish this.

282/1240
Back to top Go down
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry
Surreal SaDiablo

Female

PostSubject: Re: Is Everything Ready?   Is Everything Ready? EmptySat Sep 05, 2009 6:03 am

My face contorts into a scowl as my boss starts laughing at me before moving to finish my coffee making chore. When he mentions the smart features they paid so much for and accuses me of doing everything manually, I cross my arms over my chest and turn the scowl to a borderline glare. "I use them, occasionally, when I'm feeling particularly lazy. There are some tasks, like making coffee, that I prefer to do by hand. I don't want to start relying too much on any one thing whether it be technology or gifted abilities. I am not going to end up like one of those disgusting humans from that movie with the cute little trash collecting robot."

Thinking over the rest of what the man had said took the glare from my face. I would answer his question about work soon enough, but first there was something I needed clarified. "What senses were supposed to detect someone lurking in the dark in my apartment? I'm not in the habit of wearing night vision goggles when entering my home, I do not have supersonic bionic ears to be able to pick up on your breathing. As far as I know you aren't a demon so the one ability I do have wouldn't have worked too well. But you are correct in figuring that I would prefer being messed around with this way instead of being subjected to your... what did you call them?... anticipation messages? Thank you for saving me from that fate." Since he had finished the coffee pot prep, I move to the counter and stand staring at the glass pot, urging it to fill more quickly. God I hate how it drips one tiny little drop at a time. You'd think technology could find a way to at least allow a full stream... well they probably do but not for less than thirty bucks.

"Yes, I realize that you gave much more than a week, and we've used that time wisely. Everything is ready for your signature, just as you requested."
Back to top Go down
Psi Prince
Mystic Moogle
Psi Prince

Male

PostSubject: Re: Is Everything Ready?   Is Everything Ready? EmptySat Sep 05, 2009 6:24 am

Just as I thought. Manual work horse. No matter since she seems to like it. When she asks me what senses she should have, I have to remember that she has not been where I have been. "If you do not have the senses to detect someone lurking in the dark waiting for you, then you should develop them before someone not playing a joke on you is able to exploit that." I know full well what I plan to unleash soon enough after the security acquisitions are complete, so I need to make sure that she is ready. Once Psi Voli's expanded forces are turned loose on the crime elements in Lower Commons, the more powerful elements will be wanting some form of revenge and if they begin to feel as if they cannot strike at me then they will turn to striking those who are close to me. When she tells me that the documents are in order, I nod to Alexis and tell her that I hope she and Crystal checked them to make sure that everything is ready. I stop upon realizing that Crystal has already informed my father personally that I will be attending the Prince Enterprises Board of Directors meeting. "Tomorrow, you'll be accompanying me to the Board meeting. So tell me what else need I be made aware of? There was an attack last night in the forest... did anything occur in the city?" I had not gotten the opportunity to speak with my "double" yet, so I do not know what he observed during his scouting. One step at a time I suppose. This is going to be a long day for me I'm beginning to believe, but then again, I've only been awake for maybe an hour or two. I suppose it's time for me to really evaluate whether or not I'll be offering her the position after tomorrow's meeting. Looking at her, I return to sit down so that we can both be relaxed while we're talking business.

354/1594
Back to top Go down
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry
Surreal SaDiablo

Female

PostSubject: Re: Is Everything Ready?   Is Everything Ready? EmptyMon Sep 07, 2009 5:03 pm

"Oh don't worry about that. Crystal and I checked over them a few times to make sure that everything is in order. You could say that we went over them with a fine tooth comb." When he mentions that I will be accompanying him to the board meeting I tried to hide the smile that attempts to curve my lips and nod my head, I had suspected and maybe even hoped that I would be allowed to attend. After doing the work behind the scenes I was curious to see it all put into action. Since I didn't feel that the board meeting topic needed any response beyond my acknowledgement I instead spoke up to answer the question that had immediately followed the comment. He mentioned an attack in the forest last night, something I had not yet heard about, and then asked if anything happened here in the city.

"I didn't hear anything about an attack in the forest, how bad was it? I hope it wasn't the same sort of thing that happened here. City Metro was hit by something, well a building within City Metro was the target of an explosion of sort. It appeared to be a law enforcement headquarters or something akin to it from what I could once I finally reached the main area. Before I left, the reporter was talking about possible terrorism being behind the explosion but on the screen behind him I could clearly see things that were obviously not terrorists, unless they found a way to trap and train hell hounds to do their bidding, and if they have then we are in deep shit, forgive my language."

The more I talk about the events of the night, the more annoyed my voice becomes. I can feel the tightness growing in my chest as I try to recount the events of my night, with the exception of the damage to the car, in a way that wasn't completely biased. "So the hounds spread out from City Metro at least as far as this building. I met three on the sidewalk outside just moments after I saw them on the news. By the time I finally got across town to where the blast occurred, there was a huge... I don't know what to call it... facing off against the tactical teams on the ground. It was big enough to mess up buildings around it. Somehow the tides turned in favor of the authorities and the creature thing was defeated. That's when the officers spread out to secure the area and I got the hell out of dodge. I wasn't sure how to explain my presence in the vicinity."

Watching the man's face as I told the main part of the story, I wondered if I should continue with what I found to be the worst part of the whole event. Deciding that Psyre was the only person aside from Shinji or Saito that was even worth telling, I figured that it couldn't hurt to at least mention it to him. "On the way home I heard the all clear report come out to the city. They said it was an act of terrorism that utilized biological weaponry. I understand that the government doesn't want to cause widespread panic through the city, but blatantly lying to the public just doesn't seem right to me. Telling people that we are under attack by faceless terrorists when the threat is in fact much worse than that is dangerous. I'd like to know how many innocent people walked out their doors tonight and found themselves being ripped apart by something they may or may not have even seen."

Taking a breath, I shake my head and mentally chide myself for letting my mouth run on that long. "I'm sorry, that was more than you asked for. In summation, yes the city was attacked tonight by hellhounds, that creature thing, and whatever it was that originally caused the explosion centered on that law enforcement building."
Back to top Go down
Psi Prince
Mystic Moogle
Psi Prince

Male

PostSubject: Re: Is Everything Ready?   Is Everything Ready? EmptyMon Sep 07, 2009 7:48 pm

The shift in her voice is noticed and I figure that whatever is to follow is not going to be something that I necessarily am not going to like either. She describes what happened in the city tonight. Since she had not heard of the events in the forest, I bring her up to speed on those first, "I returned from the underworld realm known as Onitoshi because we received word of an attack on the special police building which damaged the anti-spirit barrier and allowed demons to rush the City Metro. I was concerned for East City and you and Crystal, so I rushed back. I never made it to the City b/c there was a lot of demonic activity in the western forests and they seemed to be mindlessly going somewhere so I followed them to a cavern in the forest. There I saw a demon that I had tried to face off against before my powers truly began to manifest and also the little brat that is always in the way. There were two other entities that are incredibly powerful there. One was a male with unique colored hair and the other was a smaller female. She has a temper, but there is something about him that intrigues me still. I would like to meet him again. Still, I tried to challenge the demon that I had encountered before, but the male entity would not allow it. What I saw next was something that I had not even heard of. He absorbed nearly a room full of demons with a stone atop an altar and then detonated it. I'm not sure if he got something out of the stone first, but it created a very large explosion that left quite the clearing in the western forests. I discovered and unlocked a new defensive power to create a barrier around myself, but I am currently unable use it without a chant. I met a different spirit that I told to come find me later, so we'll see how that works out. All in all, it was pretty eventful out there."

When she voices her concerns about the government's handling of the situation, I nod to her and fall silent for a moment in thought. "I completely understand and agree. Something must be done to bring the truth to the people slowly. I need to hire or contract some think tanks that specialize in paranormal studies at the University. I need to uncover a method to bring the truth to light. If we can introduce some form of a grid or surgical procedure or herbal tonic that allows humans to see spirits. Once the next attack comes, they will know the truth and finally maybe we can get a leader of this city that actually cares about Saicity and isn't a fool. I have two assignments for you to begin on after the board meeting's aftermath is settled. I need you to find a research facility for sale or a good location for me to build one. Lower Commons might be a good area to look since I figure they would be the best testing ground. Once the research is ready, I'll supply the test subjects. I figure the criminal element that plagues that district will serve to be ideal candidates. I just have to get the City Council Member from the Lower Commons on board. The second assignment is to handle the recruiting for this project. I need some gifted students that wish to make more money than their grants and work study pay will allow them in exchange for results. If they are results-oriented, I don't want them. I don't care about the process, I want the people of Lower Commons to be safe. If you can see your enemy, then you are far more liking to defeat or survive it. Actually, I have a third task for you as well, I want you to find a candidate to run for the City Council seat for the Lower Commons district. Be discrete when you're looking though. I don't want to jeopardize the contract that I'm going to be trying to secure for Psi Voli SOC by letting him know that I feel he's inadequate to reverse the downward spiral in the district. Is there anything else I should be aware of?" I point to the kitchen as the coffee seems to be done.

773/2367
Back to top Go down
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry
Surreal SaDiablo

Female

PostSubject: Re: Is Everything Ready?   Is Everything Ready? EmptyMon Sep 07, 2009 9:43 pm

"I am very glad you developed that new defensive power, I would have been extremely upset if something terrible had happened to you. With both events happening so close together time wise, do you think the two were related? Perhaps the explosion and hellhounds were some sort of diversion for the events in the forest? I mean you would think an army of demons would be swarming through the city if the anti-spirit barrier you mentioned was disabled. Why was the concentration of them in the forest and the hounds let loose on the city?"

When he points to the kitchen I remember the coffee and jump up from my seat to head in to fix a cup. "Would you like some?" I ask as I make my way to the cabinet where the mugs are kept. Depending on the man's answer I would pull down the appropriate number of ceramic vessels and move to the now full pot. While fixing the coffee just the way I like, and to Psyre's specifications should he accept my offer of the drink, I address the new assignments my employer has decided I should start on after the board meeting.

"I will begin the real estate research as soon as the board meeting is over, but as far as recruiting gifted students from the university, I think I already know the first, and best, young man to contact. His name is Shinji. He interrupted my dinner a couple nights ago after he happened to catch a glimpse of me being lazy and using my telekinesis to move a sugar jar. From what he told me of his research and what he hopes to accomplish through that research, I think he would be the perfect candidate. Plus, he could probably help me flesh out the rest of the recruits. He would undoubtedly have a better understanding of their research skills. I actually have an appointment with him tomorrow evening, if you're alright with the idea of him, I would like to tell him about this opportunity at that time."

Carrying the coffee back to my seat, I think about the third task he tossed on to my list right there at the end. How was I supposed to find someone suitable to run for a City Council seat? I have no knowledge of politics, I don't even know who the current city councilman for that district is... and I probably would have voted for him had I been old enough. As I think over this, I look to Psyre and shake my head. "I don't know how I'm going to find someone to run for City Council. You're pretty much the only person I would think of for something like that."
Back to top Go down
Psi Prince
Mystic Moogle
Psi Prince

Male

PostSubject: Re: Is Everything Ready?   Is Everything Ready? EmptyTue Sep 08, 2009 1:05 am

When she offers me some coffee, I shake my head and jokingly tell her that I plan on taking a nap soon and the coffee would make that very difficult. She returns and tells me about some student named Shinji. Nodding as she tells me about him, I currently have no other candidates, so he seems acceptable so far. "Sure, depending on how things go, if you want me to meet him, add it into my schedule. You'll be receiving that tomorrow. Also, you're getting a promotion if you accept. I want you to work as my Executive Assistant from now on. If you want a raise, let me know what you think you're worth. That's the real reason that you're going to the Board meeting. Alexis, I'm going to be trusting you a lot with very sensitive information about the company and my own dealings. All of it you are probably not going to like because of your softness, but all of it will be necessary to accomplish what needs to be done. If you ever question anything, you are free to ask, so long as it does not attempt to undermine my authority publicly. The choice is yours."

I smile at her as she prepares the coffee and continue with a slightly raised voice so that she can still hear me, "If my schedule fills up, the primary things that I need to know about your friend is what his primary area of focus is, what research he has already conducted independently, and where he plans on going next. An example of one of his projects will be useful as well in evaluating him. Well... unless you can devise another test to evaluate his potential worth to Psi Voli. I need to know how much access I can give him as well."

When she comes back and mentions her normal timidness about the project then she tells me that she would suggest me running for political office. I snicker at the suggestion before I respond amidst lingering laughter, "Very funny. And why would you pick me to be the City Council Member for Lower Commons?" At this point, I still think she named me as a sort of joking response, so I am expecting to hear a comical response. Once she does, I would explain to her how to scout the potential candidates.

412/2779
Back to top Go down
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry
Surreal SaDiablo

Female

PostSubject: Re: Is Everything Ready?   Is Everything Ready? EmptyTue Sep 08, 2009 1:33 am

Given the fact that I had not mentioned him as a candidate for public office as a joke my face automatically takes on a dejected frown before I can catch myself and force it to return to a more acceptable expression. Shaking my head while ignoring the laughter in the man's voice, I attempt to justify the suggestion. "I meant that you are the only one I know personally that would seem to fit the public office requirements. You have a seemingly endless capacity for original ideas and creative problem solving. You have patience enough when in public or business settings, and you have a presence about you that others are inclined to follow. Those things, to me, are important qualities for any elected official, but when you pair them with a balance sense of justice and fairness, that makes the ideal politician."

After pausing my speech long enough to enjoy a long, mouth searing sip of my coffee, I continue on this time addressing the mentioned promotion. "Executive Assistant huh? My instincts tell me to accept without question but my head tells me to ask for the specifications and negotiate a raise before agreeing to anything." This time my words are spoken with a hint of restrained laughter. "Do you even have to ask if I want the job? Have I turned you down yet?"

Feeling encouraged by what had been said after my mention of Shinji, I feel the need to offer up what little else I know about the student. "From what I was told the other night, Shinji is interested in finding out what makes those of us with possessing spirits or special abilities different from the normal everyday citizens, like how can we see the supernatural forces when they can't. I've agreed to help him out with this in my spare time. Let him run tests and stuff like that on me. Long term though, is why he came to mind for your new project. He wants to break the silence too. He wants to find a way to inform the public about what is really going on without alarming them. He wants to introduce the normal citizens to the world of spirits so they know exactly what lives among them. What I saw tonight only supported the conversation he and I had about the government's handling of the issue. If you'd been in town that night I probably would have tried to get you come down here and meet him then. Psyre, I really think he could be an asset to you. What would you say about coming with me to meet him tomorrow night after work?"
Back to top Go down
Psi Prince
Mystic Moogle
Psi Prince

Male

PostSubject: Re: Is Everything Ready?   Is Everything Ready? EmptyTue Sep 08, 2009 2:37 am

The laughter is silenced almost instantly upon noticing the change in her expression. Oh damn... she was serious when she said me. When she lists the qualities that she sees in me and how she feels they would benefit public office, I pause for a moment while she accept the position of Executive Assistant and look at her. "Wow. I have actually never thought about being in politics. I always figured that it would be smarter for me to just find a candidate and support their rise, but hmm... you have definitely given me something to think about, Alexis. (I give her a playfully suspicious raised eyebrow and look with a vertically pointing finger towards the raised eyebrow to symbolize that I have discovered her brilliant plot!) Just so that you know, I'm aware that you're using this to help negotiate your raise. Stroking the male ego are we? Hahaha. I'm glad you accept and we will have time to negotiate your salary and perks. Actually we can handle that tomorrow after the board meeting. Once I have a better idea of the total capital structure that Psi Voli will be working with. I'll probably be giving you a new staff as well."

I fall quiet again as she starts telling me about the young man's research. My eyebrow would raise suspiciously almost on instinct when she mentions that he wants to know what makes the possessed and those who can manipulate the arcane so different from normal humans. This concerns me a bit. My reservations about that issue are knocked aside when she tells me that she agreed to be a lab rat for him. As soon as she finishes, I speak, "Back up. You agreed to what? No. That could put you in danger. I have plenty of potential lab rats for this young man if he's half of what you say. This is very dangerous territory that he is delving into and you are not someone who I am willing to risk. If he wants a Seer, I know exactly where I will get them from. His research concerns me, Alexis, because it could potentially endanger both of us if he is not careful or if his intentions turn ill. Still, he seems to want what I want and that definitely makes him an asset to me. I have the funding for his research to help him satisfy his scientific quest. That makes me an asset to him. I always like a business arrangement that is mutually beneficial. With the exception of tomorrow... that's more personal than business. As for tomorrow night..." I pull out my phone and look at the calendar and chuckle, "She is going to be very upset with me. Yes, I can make it for this. Let me know what time please. Public office... a potential lead researcher for my project... and the Takeover of Prince Enterprises. Wow... I swear you have to be one of the best investments I ever made in my life."

Seeing as it was getting late, I wanted to rest a bit and there was something else that I needed to take care of before I could rest. My phone vibrates and I look down at it. "Perfect timing. Tomorrow is going to be very eventful. Oh! As my Executive Assistant, you'll be getting the access codes back including the Executive Code that only 3 people have. It will allow you access to my office in my absence. Also, you three are the only ones that can contact me at any time necessary. Tonight though, do me a favor... wait for the morning. (I wink at her as I make the request to hint that I will not be alone tonight.) Oh and make sure that you are awake and ready to go on time. The meeting is at 10:30 AM, so we will be leaving her at 9:30 and taking the helicopter into City Metro. There will probably be traffic so we'll avoid it. Rest some if you can because I need you at your best."

I would walk over and kiss Alexis on the forehead before walking past her towards the door and walk through the door so that way she knows how I got in the first time. I head upstairs to the penthouse and outside my door is an attractive young woman. I look at her and grin a devilish sort. Did I have to do this? No, but would it solidify his torment... of course it would and that made it so much more enjoyable. She looks at me and as I approach the door, she kisses me and looking into those emerald green eyes, my hands reach up into her hair mixed of light and dark brown strands.

Moving into my suite, the battle begins. Around an hour and half later, I am sitting on the edge of my bed looking out the one-way window and I look back at her. She looks at me and crawls over to me and kisses me on my neck. "Victoria Prince, your appetite is insatiable." She turns my face to bring my lips to hers and tells me that I am a delicious dessert. Her kisses move and I lay back with a smile. I can't wait until the meeting. The hidden beauty about being the younger son is that you don't get pressured into marriages of fortune that you can't get out of. Now, some would say that this is a villainous thing to do, but I beg to differ. She obviously has neglected needs that needed to be serviced. Now her being Dontay's wife is an added bonus. He never should have crossed me and then crossed my father. That was the last bastion of protection that he had. While I hated Donovan, I was ill-equipped to truly challenge him, but with my father backing me now, nothing that Dontay holds dear is safe. Not even his lovely wife who is quite skilled. There is no victory, but total victory.

- EXIT RP -

1071/2600
Boss JC 5/5 (1250)
Back to top Go down
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry
Surreal SaDiablo

Female

PostSubject: Re: Is Everything Ready?   Is Everything Ready? EmptyThu Oct 01, 2009 4:30 pm

Updated Psyre
Back to top Go down
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry
Surreal SaDiablo

Female

PostSubject: Re: Is Everything Ready?   Is Everything Ready? EmptyThu Oct 01, 2009 6:06 pm

I don't argue with the man when he mentions that my suggestion was a way to get more in my impending raise nor do I talk back to him when he goes on to all but forbid me from taking part in Shinji's research. There would be plenty of time to try and sway his mind later, like after he meets the scientist and hears more about the research from the horse's mouth. My responses to what he has to say are limited to non specific sounds of agreement.

When he rises to leave, placing a kiss on my forehead before heading for the door, I watch him with an almost dazed expression. It was a simple gesture but for some reason it warmed my heart. When he exited through the wall instead of the door an irritated smirk plays at my lips. There should really be some way to prevent people who don't live in this apartment from walking through the walls. Of course I am sure that if such a thing existed it would block out all transcendence, including mine, but even that would be better than knowing Psyre could walk right in whenever he damn well pleased. What if I was entertaining Saito here one night and he decided to drop by? That would be utterly humiliating.

With my new tasks having been assigned, and a badly injured car in need of treatment in the parking lot, I set about to do some research while enjoying my coffee and waiting for the sun to come up. First on the list would be to find a garage that would come pick up the car here since I would now be leaving in the morning with Psyre instead of driving in to work on my own.
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Ascended Tonberry
aѕceпxion

Male
Number of posts : 6937
Rep! : 110
Registration date : 2009-01-02

PostSubject: Re: Is Everything Ready?   Is Everything Ready? EmptyWed Oct 14, 2009 7:16 pm

Updated Alexis
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is Everything Ready?   Is Everything Ready? Empty

Back to top Go down

Is Everything Ready?
Page 1 of 1