Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

H2H Content Site ( Mirror ) - New Content Added 11/22!

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

A long day [2]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Antifreke
Mystic Moogle
Antifreke

Female
Number of posts : 2378
Rep! : 18
Registration date : 2009-03-03

A long day [2] Empty
PostSubject: A long day [2]   A long day [2] EmptyWed Sep 02, 2009 11:52 am

I looked around at the other students who watched Lauren and me. Our first day of school was going downhill, and I already wanted to get the hell out of here. This place wasn’t for me in any way, shape, or form. To be truthful to myself, I would have rather called down a lightning storm and ran than anything else. I kept myself in check though, but only for Lauren. Being here meant a lot to her, and I wasn’t about to put that all on the line. Especially after what had happened with her and her father. He had been in a bad mood, and yelled some really bad things to her. If I had been there, I probably would have given him a good kick to the face, but it wasn’t my place. She had cried until the early hours of the night, all the way to the point where I had found her in her bedroom, face down in the pillows. I didn’t ask what they fought over, but insisted that I would make things better for her. Little did I know that I would be departing shortly for a new part of my life down here. I had something that I had to take care of, and a feeling of importance wouldn’t leave me. My eyes gazed across the Student Union while I ate a snack. I had skipped breakfast, and my stomach was already growling.
A phone ring cuts through the steady drone of the union in an odd fashion that made me jump. I hadn’t been paying attention, and was observing the people around here. Lauren casually reaches over and answers it, tucking her long brunette hair behind an ear so as to have an easier time handling the receiver. I took another drink of my water while trying to figure out the setup of social structure here. Humans were so strange.
“Hello?”
“Lauren.”
(What the?!?) Her retort was quick and to the point. I watched her answer the phone with curiosity, trying to figure out what was going on. The only people who she ever talked to were her little group of female counterparts, and they all knew both her and I rather well.
“Who is this and what do you want? And how did you know I was here?” She was answered with a complete lack of emotion, and with a gaze that now bothered me. “He said you were back. I wanted to see for myself how you’ve been.” Irritation slowly began to creep over her face. There was something not right here, something that was even beginning ot bother me
“Who said…? Wait… just what the hell are you talking about? And who the hell are you?”
“I thought you were supposed to be smart.” It was a half-mocking answer delivered in the same tone void of sentiment. I was now beginning to get interested in this conversation. I rarely ever saw this side of Lauren, especially not out in public. She was rather good at keeping her moods contained. From a young age, her family had been in the spotlight for politics, so she had to be trained to be on her best behavior.
(I’m getting sick of this. Fine then.) Ultimatum time. Lauren wasn’t a girl to be messed with. If I could walk a day in her shoes, I would probably be able to learn a lot about her social structure. Women were such strange creatures, and not just down here on Earth. What other world being made these creatures so hard to understand? What a pain in the ass this one was going to be.
“Listen here, I don’t care how you know my name or who you think you are but I no longer find this amusing. Which means that you’ve got five seconds to come up with an agreeable answer or I hang up.” Her voice had a hint of anger on it, which was surprising to me. I rarely ever heard her in anger, especially since she had been through so much over the summer.
“Michael said you were back.” The conversation now had her full attention. I wish I could get her attention like that. I kept my eyes locked on a group of men from across the Union. There were six or so of them, and they kept looking over here. Something about them gave off a strange vibe. I would have to fix that in a little bit.
“He… so… who is this then?”
“You tell me, genius.”
Lauren put two and two together. Michael plus someone smart AND capable enough to track her down even when she’s given explicit instructions to her parents for her privacy to be respected and keep people away from her. I had agreed to assist in that venture by coming here with her. Unfortunately, it seemed like someone else was already on top of it. All of her friends were at college as well, so this really shouldn’t be a problem. I had a strange feeling about this, and that bothered me more than anything.
“Was that too hard?”
A voice came from behind me, which really bugged me. I turned my head as Lauren jumped up. Twisting my full body around, I laid eyes on a pair that put a smile on Laurens face. They must have been childhood friends or something like that. I turned myself back around to the table and continued my lunch while she ran around and gave hugs/ greetings/whatever else humans did. It was a strange ritual, and nothing like that ever would have happened in the other world. We were rather reserved in our dealings, and that was that. By the time I had finished my lunch, the three had returned to the table to sit and finish. I stood up, grabbing Laurens attention.
“Sanzon, this is Michael and Samantha, two of my friends from early school. We went to the prep center together. I haven’t seen them in almost a decade!”
“Pleasure to meet you. Pardon me, but I must step outside.”
I tried to not worry her, but I figured that wouldn’t really work too much. I had a strange look on my face that most people would regard as normal. Unfortunately for me, Lauren knew my gazes rather well, and could already tell that something was up. She pulled herself up, and wrapped her arms around me. Her face came in close, and she planted a light kiss on my left cheek. Her body was warm at the touch, and the low cut shirt only made me want to stay here with her. Unfortunately, there was a small problem that I had to take care of here. The stench of dirt was growing on me, and I wanted to remove it as soon as possible.
“Be careful.. and don’t bring the house down..”
“I’ll try my best.. stay with them.”

Back to top Go down
Antifreke
Mystic Moogle
Antifreke

Female
Number of posts : 2378
Rep! : 18
Registration date : 2009-03-03

A long day [2] Empty
PostSubject: Re: A long day [2]   A long day [2] EmptyWed Sep 02, 2009 11:53 am

Her grip lessened, and I pulled away from her, turning to shift my weight in one quick, controlled twist. She turned and faced her friends, who began to bombard her with questions about the cute boyfriend. Tis a shame I wasn’t really her boyfriend. At the very least, I was more of a pet than anything else. I knew she had a thing for me, but I couldn’t bring myself to have feelings for someone so close to me. Walking across the Union, the group of misfits from across the open room made their move as well. The closer I got to them, the more the scent of demon began to bother me.
The doors swung open, and a small group of students came through it. I kept myself calm while trying to figure out what they were doing here. I rounded the corner, and walked towards the edge of campus. I had to get them away from the humans at the very least. Once I was in the city, I would be able to take care of it. I made a left turn at the edge of campus, and moved for the soccer field. It was a small, enclosed stadium that wasn’t open to the public. It seemed like the perfect place to take care of this issue. A smile came across my face as I floated up and over the gate, and landed gently on the sidewalk. A light exhale came from between my slightly parted lips, followed by the sounds of several laughing voices. Before I could figure out what was going on, I was already surrounded.
“Look at this boys, we have ourselves a spirit!”
“Yea boss, he’s a far away from home isn’t he!”
“Its about time we found one, humans don’t taste as good”
“Sorry kiddo, but today is your unlucky day!”

I quickly looked over the little group of misfits, and disregarded them completely. I can’t believe I was about to waste time on such a low level life form. There wasn’t a reason in the world for me to get involved here, especially since I was wearing a new jacket. If one drop of blood got on it, Lauren would kill me. Yet another light sigh came from my lips, much like the one I had given Lauren when I was told that I had to come to school with her. Oh great, this is going to be a waste of my time.
“Sorry to leave, but I’ve better things to do with my time than kick around playground trash..”
“What was that spirit?! There are Six of us, and only you! “
I lifted my hand out of my pocket, and removed one of the gloves I had been wearing. A light blue glow emanated from my skin. I raised it slowly, then dropped it down to my side.
“You have one chance to leave. Failure will invalidate your existence.”
The group of misfits broke into laughter at my voice, thinking that I was obviously out of my mind. What they didn’t know, however, was that I wasn’t about to just let them walk off. They were a hazard to Laurens school. While they continued to laugh in hysterics, I turned and began to walk away.
“if you leave, we will take that little girl of yours..”

What was that? A threat to Lauren was something that I couldn’t exactly ignore. I now had a reason to go kick the ever living shit out of this group of misfits. My foot hit the ground hard, with a firm, solid step that kept my body in complete control of its forward movement. Slowly, I turned around while thinking about what Lauren was going to say about my current course of action. I wasn’t about to let this garbage lay a single finger on her beautiful body.
“excuse me..”
“you heard us Spirit.. you come with us, or we eat that pretty little girl!”

Before he could begin to laugh, I inhaled a deep breath, and pressed the negative spark into my fingertips. Slowly exhaling, I took another quick breath to pull the positive out of it. Slowly, the sky began to darken. I had a feeling that Lauren would know what this meant, and would scold me for it later. I would keep this bit of information away from her. The last thing she needed was to worry about some group of demon pricks trying to hunt her down. The demons looked at me rather strangely, especially as I pulled my right arm in, and then thrust it out towards the closest one to me. A bolt of lightning shot from the sky, turning his body to ash.
The rest of them screamed in fear and spread out, removing themselves from my immediate range. They looked at me strangely, recognizing the blue glow and lightning style of combat.
“Sanzon Loki?! The lightning Tiger?! You are supposed to be dead!!!”
“Sorry to disappoint you. Unfortunately for you, you not only crossed me, but threatened someone very dear to me.”
What words they had for me didn’t really cross my mind. I shot forward at full speed, twisting my body over and around in flight. Sliding between the group of them, I brought both arms out at once. Chains of electrical energy wrapped around two of them, bringing them to their knees. The other three proceeded to attack me. I brought my arms up almost immediately, grabbing onto the two of them. Pushing my electricity into them, their bodies fell to the ground, jerking around sporadically as they were stunned into a short paralysis. The only one that was remaining standing was their leader.
“take your life in honor, or I will.”
“how about you die!”
I had hoped he would just kill himself and get it over with, but it seemed that he wanted to die the painful way. I leapt backwards as he managed to send a wave of fire up at me. A fire using demon? I wondered if he knew that fellow from the forest. Either way, it didn’t really matter all that much to me. I avoided it, and landed on the side of the concession stands. The stadium was empty, thank god. I didn’t have to hold back here. Another stream of flames came straight at me. I lost my focus on the chains, and they dissipated. Before I knew it, I had their entire group back on me again. Without realizing they had surrounded me, I landed on the center of the field. Looking up at the darkened sky, I pulled my arm up to shield my body. A pillar of flame surrounded me, heating my body and singing my jacket. Lauren was not going to like this, and I was now thoroughly pissed off. The white jacket was my favorite, and Lauren had got it for me since I had ruined my last one saving her life over the summer.
I thrust both of my arms towards the ground and closed my eyes. There was something strange going on, something that was breaking. I had no idea what it was, but only that it wasn’t going to be pretty. Exhaling lightly, I took several quick sips of air that would split the energy across multiple parts of my body. Pressing these energy points outwards, bright floating lights began to gather across the soccer field. The flames subsided as I fell to a knee. I had hopes that this wouldn’t bring much attention to me, or the area, but something told me it was just wishful thinking. The little balls of light began to split into smaller ones while moving around in random paths. Each one would grow to the size of a baseball, and then split again. Before I could regain my focus, there were over two hundred balls on the soccer field. I stood slowly to my feet, my skin blackened in soot, but overall, unharmed.
“Keeper of light, owner of madness, destroyer of life, slayer of chaos, I call upon thee in the valley of life. May thee smite my enemies, and accept their souls as tribute for my faith..”

The demons looked around at the area, staring curiously at the balls of light. I lifted my right arm to the sky, and then thrust it down towards the ground. Each ball of light, glowing bright yellow in the afternoon light, exploded. The electricity was unable to be held into a certain area, and lifted high into the air in a bright sizzle. I stood in the aftermath, and looked at the destruction that I had just caused. It was a huge mistake, and I had now lost a soccer stadium. I shook my head, getting the dirt and soot out of my blonde hair. Sirens could be heard in the distance. There was a decent amount of damage to the stadium. Great.. Lauren wasn’t going to let me off on this one easy.
I lifted off of the ground and took flight back for the outside area. As soon as I got to an open area, I landed and took off running. People were panicking, and it didn’t take me long to reach the Union. People were being hurried inside by the school officials. There were a lot of people covered in dust and soot, probably who were too close to the area of destruction. I would have to remember not to use this ability without thinking of the consequences. With such a destructive amount of power in such a small place, it could be very damaging to not only my enemy, but to the people that I may be trying to protect. Lauren and her two counterparts had been rejoined by two of her female counterparts. They immediately recognized me, and jumped up. Lauren came across the table and landed in my arms ,giving me a huge hug. Whispering in my ear, she said.. “I thought I told you to take it easy..”

I laughed a little bit, ignoring the others requests to hear about what happened outside. It wasn’t my place to explain it. Her close friends already would have an idea of what I had done. As for the two new ones, well, maybe in time they would be in on the secret. As for now, it was something that was important to me. My presence here had to be kept as secret as possible, especially if I planned on making it out of here alive. There were still others out there that I could claim as dangerous beings. I shrugged, pulling the burnt and dusty jacket off of my shoulders. My blue shirt had been slightly damaged, but was still wearable. I sat down at the table and listened to their bombardment of questions. It was going to be a long afternoon.. maybe classes would be canceled! I could definitely go for a nap about now. That technique was greatly draining on my body, and a bed was looking pretty damn good about now.

Learned scream of the lyte flies+4 Stars, +2 experience, -7 TEXP
Back to top Go down
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry
Surreal SaDiablo

Female
Number of posts : 3123
Rep! : 257
Registration date : 2009-01-03

A long day [2] Empty
PostSubject: Re: A long day [2]   A long day [2] EmptyThu Sep 03, 2009 11:02 pm

Updated