Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

H2H Content Site ( Mirror ) - New Content Added 11/22!

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

final days

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Antifreke
Mystic Moogle
Antifreke

Female
Number of posts : 2378
Rep! : 18
Registration date : 2009-03-03

final days Empty
PostSubject: final days   final days EmptyWed Sep 09, 2009 12:33 pm

I arrived back to Laurens manor shortly after my meeting at the corporation. It was almost time for me to make my next stage here, but to do that I would have to leave Lauren for a little while. On a side note, I had thought of something that might allow her to progress easier into the human society, get her parents to feel like she is safe, and allow me to watch over her as needed. If this academy idea were to be a success, then this might be a great possibility for our expansion. With her parent’s political influence, it may be easier to get funding for this project without having all of the normal hassle. I stood in front of their front door while thinking about all of the times that I had spent here, both good and bad. From the first time she pulled me from the ground and held me against her warm body, to the time where I rescued her and her friends from the gang on the east side, we had spent and shared many memories together. I didn’t want to give any of that up, even though it was time for me to move forward with my plans. Slowly, I brought my hand up to the door, and pressed it open. A familiar scent caught my nose, bringing me down the hallway and into the dining room. Sitting at the table was Lauren and her family. I had never known them to eat like this, but it seemed something was up. Laurens father stood to greet me, while one of the maids pulled out a chair. I took a seat curiously, wondering what was going on.
“Sanzon.. You have done some amazing things here for us, and I want to give you my appreciation for it. You protected our family, and my daughter when it was necessary, even though you didn’t have to. Today is the six month mark of your arrival here, and we wanted to celebrate it with you.”

I shook my head and smiled. What a strange thing humans were. I had completely forgotten how long I had been down here. It wasn’t really my place to bother with trivial things such as dates, but apparently it was important to Lauren and her family. I had gained a decent amount of my strength back since I had awoken from my sleep. At one point I had given up hope that I would survive being cast out, but then she found me. I smiled again, finally relaxing and taking a plate of food from the maid.
“Thank you.. all of you, for your hospitality here. I hate to inform you of this, but I will be leaving soon.. the relations between humans and spirits is terrible, and I have an opportunity to help fix this issue. I want to take this chance to try to work harder for the sake of both of our worlds. “

Her father looked over at my with a smile on his face. I could tell that he knew something was going to happen for the better of his world. I wasn’t the type to lie or bullshit about what I did, and now that I had a chance to make a difference, you bet I was going to take it. I slowly took a bite out of a piece of darkened meat, and tasted the nice flavor of the seasoning her father had used. It must be a good thing if he was willing to cook. From what I got out of it, he only cooked if it was a really, really special occasion. It made me honored to be here, and to have their approval for all of the actions that I had taken. I sat with them through their dinner, and socialized before they split up to end the evening. I relaxed for a bit at the table with Lauren while her parents went to their chambers up stairs. A light yawn came from between my lips, and I smiled over at her.
“Sanzon.. Why are you leaving me??”
“I’m not.. And that is what I wanted to discuss with you. I want you to come with me. I need an assistant at this place, and in turn I will get you into the academy. It will be a lot of hard work, but it will be worth it in the end. Your parents are worried about you because I am leaving, so the only option I have is to let you come with me, if you want”
A smile lit across her face, and I knew at that moment that she would come with me. I didn’t have to think about it all, and something else was pushing me forward. My eyes gazed at her beautiful body, and something inside me almost let me take it. I knew I could have her if I wanted, but I had to restrain myself for a better time. This wasn’t the time or place for my own personal pleasure. I had to think about what might happen if I did decide to return to my world. Oh well. I sat there for a moment in silence, when finally, Lauren broke the silence.
“the other day.. at school.. you said you would be careful and not cause a mess.. Was that large electrical storm your doing?”

I chuckled for a moment before thinking about the entire thing. I had unlocked another one of my ancient techniques, and pressed it into the next stage of its usage. Of course it had been me, who else could it have been. I thought about how I was going to explain it to her, but then I decided it might be against my best judgment. Oh well, they were after her anyway. Besides, I had a feeling that she would rather here the story anyway. I leaned back in the chair and took a sip of some juice. I stayed away from all of those thick and heavy human drinks, and preferred to keep it simple. Sitting the glass down, I exhaled lightly and began the story.
“So.. do you remember that group of kids that were watching us from the student union?”
“Of course, the ones that looked like they crawled out of a trash dump?”
“Those are the ones. They weren’t human. I could smell the demon on them from across the room where we were sitting. At this point, I decided to go take care of the issue myself than have them run amuck without anyone to keep them in check. Unfortunately, they had two different styles of elemental combat with them. I’m taking a guess that they learned from one of the heavens styles, or tried to imitate it without full success.”
“What are the heavens styles?”
“Well, in each of the lines, there is a mastery level in the heavens. I learned from the previous Master, and a not working to become the current master of lightning. There are also four neutral bodies that help govern the distribution of our styles, and they are the heavens riches class. To keep it simple, its like a government for what you humans call “magic”. They were within the earth giant and fire dragon paths, but probably never actually served under either of them. “
“So what happened?”
“I led them out to the stadium where they attempted to ambush me. They were rather effective in their attacks and planning, but they never really expected me to be stronger than them. I was pushed into a corner, and a special ability of mine was awakened. I call it the Hall of Thunder. Hundreds of balls of energy were emitted from my body, and every one of them held a charge. I am still getting the control of it under wraps, but basically, they surrounded the entire stadium, and then exploded. The amount of electrical damage that I did to the stadium you were able to see with your own eyes, so I don’t have to explain why they never found any bodies. Honestly, I am pretty surprised that I survived it as well. I should have known better than losing my temper in a place like that, but I did, and I apologize for the damage that I caused. “
“Why didn’t you walk away? Normally you won’t waste any time on lower level demons..”
“Well, they told me that if I left, they would come after you, and I just couldn’t allow that to happen, so I had to make sure it ended there. I wish it could have ended in an easier fashion, but it didn’t. I tried to contain it, I really did..”
“Its okay, I figured you wouldn’t have done something that large without having a good reason. I’m glad you are okay though.”
“Same here. They singed my favorite suit, so I have to go get another one. I’m just glad that I was able to take out all of them in one attack. “
“Maybe one day I will get to see your lightning at full power..”
“I hope not. Honestly, I don’t want you anywhere near me when I am at full power. That would be a disaster in waiting.”
“So, when are you going to be leaving?”

“I think I will spend a week or so here to relax, and then take my leave for the work. Only you and your family know about it, so try to keep it that way. If your friends bug you about it, make sure they know that I want it to stay within your little group. The last thing I need is to have to protect five of you again.”
“that wasn’t our fault!!”

I laughed at her as she yelled. Her entire demeanor managed to shift from happy to irate with my statement. I knew that she hadn’t intended on being kidnapped, but she had, and so had her friends. I thought back to my rampage through their compound, and what I had done to several of their gang members. I had come a long way since I had been here, and for that I was satisfied. I had met people whom I never knew existed, spent time with a human family in their own environment, even though I was a spirit, and battled against humans to protect humans. There were a lot of similarities between both of our races, especially in the ways we treated our family. I thought for another moment about my own family back in the other world. I had never had a chance to tell them what had happened, and I wondered briefly if my younger brother, the Betrayer, had ever told them the truth. The scar that was left on my chest from his sword of ice would never leave me, and would always serve as a reminder of my overall goals.
“Lauren.. Thank you.”
“for what?”
I simply smiled at her before getting up and heading to the side of the room. I was finished with dinner, and really had to get back to my training. I had a lot of work to do, and not a lot of time to do it. Something had told me that I was about to step up to an entirely new level of ability, and I had to have my A-game on if I were to be successful at it. Shaking my head, I stopped at the doorway to the main entrance and foyer, and gazed back at her. She was beautiful, especially for a human. With a single smile, I addressed her for the last time today.
“Simply for being you. You have done something great, and will never understand the success of your endeavors. For that, I am in your gratitude. “
With that said, I turned and departed into the main foyer. My footsteps echoed throughout the halls as I floated up to the second floor. I didn’t feel like wasting time with steps when I could simply fly up there. A light yawn escaped my lips as my feet lifted up and over the balcony edge, and landed softly

[2036 = + 5 to Lyteflies]
Back to top Go down
Antifreke
Mystic Moogle
Antifreke

Female
Number of posts : 2378
Rep! : 18
Registration date : 2009-03-03

final days Empty
PostSubject: Re: final days   final days EmptyThu Sep 10, 2009 7:53 am

I slowly moved into my room, and sat on the end of the bed that had been there for so long. Standing after only being there for a moment, I slid my body across the hard wood floor, and through the open door that led out onto my balcony. The sun was down, the air was chilled, and winter was in full swing. I shook my head, allowing my blonde hair to float down to my neck. Without waiting, I inhaled a light, slow breath that gradually began to fill my lungs. The deep breath stopped, and I took a sharp, quick breath. The energy inside of me was pressed to the side, splitting itself into its two natural forms of positive and negative. I held the breath for a moment before bringing my hand up into the air. Slowly, the fingers on my right side started to extend, reaching out towards the skies. I flicked my wrist around, knowing that the people inside the large mansion were watching me. My body lifted upwards without my form moving, and planted itself on the balcony edge. A slow smile began to form, and I could feel the electricity in the winter air. Although her parents had installed a lightning rod, I had still continued to keep my abilities away from their home out of respect for them. Now that winter had arrived, the leaves had fallen from the trees, and they could have a perfect view of the ocean from their home. I held the breath for a moment, allowing my body’s internal energy to manifest into electricity before pulling it outwards.
“The enlightenment of Thunder and Lightning.. this one is for you master..”
I pulled my right arm down, and with it, an array of lightning bolts. The light show illuminated the night sky, casting a bright haze of lights zig zagging across the skies and down into the water. I could hear people inside watching me, and making their comments on how beautiful it was. If they only knew the destructive power of lighting, they would stay far, far away. I shook my head and cracked my neck lightly before realizing what I had to do. This project, an academy, and my way to bring in, train, and evolve students to be perfected in their arts, was something that I knew that I could do. Unfortunately, it would take a while, but I had all of the time in the world. With a smile now across my face, I twisted my body around, and floated back down towards the balcony. My feet never touched the ground as I stepped down onto the surface, and disappeared back into my room. The balcony doors slid shut, and my isolation for the night had begun. It didn’t take me any bit of time to disappear into my bed as well. I was rather tired, and it had been a really, really long day. Something told me things were finally changing for the best.

+501 words
Back to top Go down
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry
Surreal SaDiablo

Female
Number of posts : 3123
Rep! : 257
Registration date : 2009-01-03

final days Empty
PostSubject: Re: final days   final days EmptyThu Sep 10, 2009 5:04 pm

Updated