Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

H2H Content Site ( Mirror ) - New Content Added 11/22!

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Protecting The Innocent (Closed)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
яuиє
Ascended Tonberry
яuиє

Male
Number of posts : 3978
Rep! : 82
Registration date : 2009-01-02

Protecting The Innocent (Closed) Empty
PostSubject: Protecting The Innocent (Closed)   Protecting The Innocent (Closed) EmptyTue Sep 15, 2009 3:36 pm

Protecting The Innocent (Closed) Ingel_13

.:: Protecting The Innocent ::.

It was another night of work for me, though this job was turning out to be one that seemed more productive, instead of simply protecting the population from the normal criminals, I was protecting them from the unseen threat, spirits that sought to destroy. I had become the protector of man in more then just one way. And tonight was the same as any other; we were on the hunt for demons that threatened the people of the city. We had reports of one working in the Lower Commons that had been terrorizing the people, from the reports, it sounded like it was some strange bug like demon, though these were second hand witnesses so we didn't have much to go on.. I look over at the others that were with me on this mission, the other members of my little squad, though I was not in command of this squad, simply a cog in the gears of the clock. My gaze slowly shifted from one man to another before I looked back at the AR69 assault rifle I had in my hand. As I looked at the weapon, I ran over a mental check list in my head, “ Weapon; check, Tactical gear; check, Extra ammo; check. “ With each of these simply things, I gave a quick pat down of my self to make sure I had each of the things on my metal list, it would be extremely dangerous to my own health and the health of the rest of my squad if I did not have everything any of these.

All of a sudden, the van we were in came to a halt as someone spoke up, “ I think we have something! “ The man at the spirit radar exclaimed when he got a signal on his machine. That simple line drew the attention of everyone in the van, there gaze falling upon the man that spoke up, for a moment. “ .. The signal is coming from five yards west of here. “ the man said before he looked to the squad commander. The squad commander gave a nod and looked to the rest of his squad, “ Alright. You heard him. Let’s get out there and kick some demon ass. “. That was exactly what each member of the team was waiting for, the chance to kill another demon that was plaguing the city. “ Now, lets get going. “ The squad commander said and the man closest to the rear doors of the van, pulled the door latch before pushing the doors open and jumping out of the back of the van. One by one, the rest of the squad follow suit, myself included, I stood up and made my way out of the back of the van. As I came out of the back of the van, I brought my AR 69 up, pressing the but of the weapon against my shoulder and my cheek against it as I gazed down the sights, glancing around with the weapon as I checked the area, the rest of the squad did the same thing once they were out of the van, this was something we had to do to make sure the area was clear.

The squad commander stepped out of the van last and shut the door behind him, “ Alright. Coms up. Take up formation, Mayer, I want you to take point. We will play this by the book. We go in, we take care of the demon, we get out, leave the clean up to the clean up team. “ the man said as he glanced around at the squad. The squad nodded, as did I, both at the order of my position and of what the plan was. As ordered, I took point in the group, moving up front as we began to make our way west of the van, across the street and into an alley way. As I lead the way across the street and to the alley, I kept glancing around some, checking my part of the parameter. “ Target is still holding up in the alley. “ A voice said over our communicators, the man in the van keeping us informed of the targets location. I continued moving forwards at a slow and steady pace, working my way into the alley. As I entered the alley way, I slowly sweat my gaze from one side of the alley to the other, the barrel of my assault rifle following my gaze as I kept a vigil watch.

As I moved forwards I begin to hear unusual sounds come from ahead of me, deeper in the alley. The sounds being that of crunching, much like you would hear when eating a crunch food. Before we came to the demon, one of the other squad members must have hit something. The sound of tin can being hit and skidding across the asphalt echoed through the alley. Seconds after the sound ended, the crunching noise stopped and the demon we were hunting let out an insect like screech before the sound shifted into that of clicking and popping mixed with something non metal, more like organic, rubbing together, then there was silence. There was multiple glances given towards the member of the team who hit the tin can. I glanced to the squad leader, wondering what he wanted to do now that the target knew we were here. He looked at me and gave me the signal to keep going. I nodded and began to move forwards once more, the rest of the squad following after me. I came to a stop when I ran into a sight I really didn’t want to see and was rather unpleasant. Once I came to a stop, I looked down at what seemed like the remains of a human body, at least I thought it was a human body, it was pretty badly mutilated from what ever had been eating it a moment ago. The rest of the squad looked at the mutilated body for a moment before glancing around, looking for the target, “ This is group leader to van, can you give us a fix on the targets location? “ the squad commander said into his communication device. There was a second of silence before there was a response, “ The target is still in the alley, the scanner is showing it is still where it was a moment ago. “.

That statement promoted us to take another glance around, though I could not see any sign of what ever it was we were looking for, unless it was a dead body.. “ Are you sure the-“ the commander was cut off, “ Wait! It moved behind you. “ Just as the statement was being finished, a blood chilling scream came from the man in the rear of the group. Upon hearing the scream, the rest of the group turned almost in sync to see what had happened. We turned to find that the man in the back was now hovering a foot or so above the ground, through his chest a strange barb like object protruded, covered in blood. My gaze quickly shifted and I tried to follow the barb thing that was piercing through them an, but shortly after it exited his body it disappeared. The squad commander went to speak to the man that was hanging there, but before he could say anything the man was quickly lifted into the air, with a plea for help, by whatever the thing was that had him. After he disappeared into the air, there was a brief, “ No… Noooo!! “ before the sound of crunching and munching as our comrade fell silent. “ Shit! It got Samuels “ The squad leader said as he looked up, along with the others, in the direction the munching was coming from.

The sound of munching stopped before the body of our team member fell to the ground in front of us. When the body fell to the ground, we looked at it for a second before our attention shifted back to the walls of the alley as we began looking for the target once more. “ Where is the target?! “ our squad commander yelled as he began to look around frankly in search of the target. I too was looking around for the target but I was remaining calm as I searched my area for it. “ The target is still there with you. Can you not see it? “ the voice said over the com. “ No. Do you think I would be asking if I could see the fucker?! “ Then the order came from our squad commander, “ Open fire! Light this bastard up! “ I, along with the rest of my team were more then willing to follow the order of our commander and with the order, a burst of gun fire was let lose from each squad member. I let loose a few three rounds burst in the general direction I thought the target was in. The target must have moved after its initial attack and someone in the group most have gotten it. The creature let out a hissing and popping sound when it was struck before it jumped down onto the ground behind us. When the creature let out the sound the barrage of bullets stopped. Once I heard it land behind us, I quickly spun around to face the creature. When I looked at it, at first I wasn’t sure what I was seeing, the creature had some strange camouflaging effect on it, its camouflage osculating from being on to being off (like the Predator). The thing looked right back at me and leaned forwards, stretching its arms out to the sides some as its mandibles opened up, revealing multiple sets of teeth as it let out another screech before it charged straight for me. As the thing began to rush me, I flipped the fire selection switch on my AR 69 over to fully automatic and gave the trigger a quick pull. As I pulled the trigger, I let loose a constant hail of rounds from my assault rifle. The rest of the team, having turned as well, opened fire upon the creature like I was doing. Under the over whelming hail of bullets from our group, the creature went down, falling to the ground as green liquid, which I’m guessing is its blood, began to ooze from it.

Once it was down, I watched it for a moment, my assault rifle still fixed on it. “ Target is down. I repeat, target is down. Send in the retrieval squad and a medical team. We have a man down.. “ The squad commander said. I let out a light sigh as I thought about the man that had been killed, another life lost in the good fight you could say.. I looked over at the squad commander, it wasn’t his fault.. it was just bad luck… “ Alright, check the parameter and wait for the retrieval team to arrive. “ With that order, I began to check the area and wait for the retrieval team to arrive…

Total WC: 1875

Protecting The Innocent (Closed) Ingel_14
Back to top Go down
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry
Surreal SaDiablo

Female
Number of posts : 3123
Rep! : 257
Registration date : 2009-01-03

Protecting The Innocent (Closed) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Protecting The Innocent (Closed)   Protecting The Innocent (Closed) EmptyTue Sep 22, 2009 9:49 pm

Updated
Back to top Go down

Protecting The Innocent (Closed)
Page 1 of 1