Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

H2H Content Site ( Mirror ) - New Content Added 11/22!

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Beyond The Light [Closed]

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Shinihaku
Shinihaku

Male
Number of posts : 18
Rep! : 0
Registration date : 2009-09-15

Beyond The Light [Closed] Empty
PostSubject: Beyond The Light [Closed]   Beyond The Light [Closed] EmptyTue Sep 29, 2009 2:50 am

A student of the medium ranking district known as East City has been wandering the streets of the Lower Commons. He believed he had been lost on his way to his friend's place but really he had been deceived and the address was swapped at the last moment and it led him to this part of the city. The sound of a scream had been heard within the distance and the boy had somewhat been frighten didn't dare go check but continue down the streets as if nothing had happened. 'This isnt that bad of a place, crime looks to be high and the shops are well... Ok.' But continuing down the main pathway of the street he soon came to a corner and down that corner stood a tall buff male in which was blocking the entrance of a building, 'Normally, i would be curious to look but i don't think it's worth it.' He thought, so turning back to the main street he headed towards the end of the street hoping for a way out of this lace unsure if this part of town still was going or did it stop at this.

ooc: Sorry not much to work with, unsure of the whole terrain and what you meant in the pm. Will do better next time Beyond The Light [Closed] Icon_surprised .
Back to top Go down
LittleMariko
Mystic Moogle
LittleMariko

Female
Number of posts : 2042
Rep! : 61
Registration date : 2009-01-17

PostSubject: Re: Beyond The Light [Closed]   Beyond The Light [Closed] EmptyTue Sep 29, 2009 3:02 pm

It was late evening, a demoness strolled the streets, lighting her joint absentmindedly and taking a few puffs. Another day, another dollar it seemed. She'd gone as long as she could without selling anything, and now that her booze supply was low, she'd need to come out of her vacation and make a quick buck. Anyone would do, even that brother of Tyrone's who never seemed to have any money unless he could get a sample of speeddust first.
A man could easily lose his way in the street after street of similar slums, but the spirit knew her way through the endless projects as a shark knew his way through the endless abyss of the ocean. Much like said shark, her glance happened to land on the lost looking young man, her mouth stretching into a predatory grin as she lowered the joint, extinguishing it briefly and sticking the remainder in her pocket. High school... the perfect age to begin a lifetime of patronage.
Thus, she made her way over to the boy, her expression a mask of amiability. "Oy, you lost, man?" she shouted, making her way over to him.
Back to top Go down
Shinihaku
Shinihaku

Male

PostSubject: Re: Beyond The Light [Closed]   Beyond The Light [Closed] EmptyTue Sep 29, 2009 6:42 pm

His eyes gleamed down the street lost like a fish out of water, a bear on the beach, and a rabbit in a city. He was that rabbit, he had been rather unsure where he was going. Following an unsure trail, hoping he would be able to locate and lead his own way home. However, when reaching the end of the road he noticed he had just progressed further into the core of the city. He was rather unsure who to trust and who not to trust because of all the crime located within the city and all the suspicious looking people walking down the street every single day. But a voice had drawn him to stop, who else might the female be talking to, he had been the one who was lost and confused. He turned his head around and looked over at her, "Hm, yes?" He looked at her carefully in the face, she had a innocent face on but the way she dressed had him begged to differ. It was because of the way she dressed he had decided to give her a chance, but he had tried to assure that if she was to approach him she was to be at least two feet from him. She had also been his last hope and he had no idea where to go now so he might as well stop and ask her. "Do you need something from me, -" He paused for a slight two second, "Miss?"
Back to top Go down
LittleMariko
Mystic Moogle
LittleMariko

Female

PostSubject: Re: Beyond The Light [Closed]   Beyond The Light [Closed] EmptyTue Sep 29, 2009 10:19 pm

The woman moved slowly, confidently, her pace decreasing to a stop when she stood a good five feet from the boy, sizing him up as though just a little amused. The question seemed odd, and in her vocabulary confrontational. "You looked like ye needed something... directions mebbe." Moving her hands to her pockets, she relaxed, as though this conversation and by extension this person weren't very important. "I'm just sayin', if ye knew yer way around ye'd know it wasn't safe. This end of town demons attack at night. Ye'd be rather tasty to one, tender at least. Hard life makes for tough meat. Of course I kid... well, ain't kiddin about the attackin part."
Her grin returned. "But naw, I ain't need nothin from ye unless ye know how to push or fight. Ye can't do either, an ye? Ya look kind of soft. I ain't mean that as an insult, but... well, spending the night out here ain't a good idea. Just sayin'."
Looking to the side, the spirit made it seem as though she had pressing business elsewhere.
Back to top Go down
Shinihaku
Shinihaku

Male

PostSubject: Re: Beyond The Light [Closed]   Beyond The Light [Closed] EmptyWed Sep 30, 2009 1:11 am

His head tilted to the left in confusion, "Eh? Demon?" He had been unfamiliar with the word, being born into a family in which he wasn't even his birth parents but he had yet to learn the family that taken him in was his mother's sister. So living life as a human was rather difficult but how much more difficult may life get when one doesn't or haven't learned or tested their demonic potential. Figgiting he had felt as if the female was trying to threaten him or something during her prattle. So reaching around with his right hand for a weapon but unable to find one, "Uh-" He continue to search but tried to not make it as obvious as it already is. "Well-." He had stopped searching and placed his right hand in the pocket of his jeans. "Um, some directions might be nice." He looked up at the sky, the sky was beginning to resemble the night skies. 'Will i be able to make it out of this horrible place even if i was to run out of here? It took me quite some time to reach here.' He had been frightened at the sound of Demonic beings coming any moment now. "May we make this quick? Lets just say, since you brought up the direction question, may you give it to me. Now?" His voice high, his emotion in a state of fright since the sun was nearly gone from the sky and he had a couple minutes of light left within the dark orange colored skies.
Back to top Go down
LittleMariko
Mystic Moogle
LittleMariko

Female

PostSubject: Re: Beyond The Light [Closed]   Beyond The Light [Closed] EmptyWed Sep 30, 2009 1:19 am

The demoness smiled, looking away from the young man who seemed to have some sort of offensive capabilities he couldn't employ. "Will ye look at that sunset? Light ought to be gone in about five minutes, eh?" A peaceable expression covered her face, as though the oncoming demons were something she'd long grown used to and now looked forward to. "Naw, I ain't think yer gonna make it to the Eastside before somethin gets ya. I tell ye what, I got some spare time. I'd help ye get out of here safely and wifout further delay if ye got somethin to offer, ya dig?"
She looked at the human out of the side of her eyes, her eyes glowing a sickly swampish shade of yellowish green. From that angle it would become apparent that they were slitted. "Not that I don't have compassion on yer type, naw. I owe a lot of pleasure to ye."
Back to top Go down
Shinihaku
Shinihaku

Male

PostSubject: Re: Beyond The Light [Closed]   Beyond The Light [Closed] EmptyWed Sep 30, 2009 1:35 am

Turning back once more to look at the sun as it was nearing it's destination over the horizon. Turning back to the demoness, "Well safe passage would be nice but -" He felt around in his pocket but found nothing but his cellular phone, it had a simple plan, therefore he wasn't able to use any sort of map. Raised his right hand back up to his shoulder, grasped the shoulder backpack strap and removed it from his back and he examine the content within his bag. "Well it doesn't look like i can find anything you would be in likes of particularly. But remembering his wallet at the last moment he reached for his back right pocket and pulled it out, unfolding it, looking around, "Cash?" He questioned.

ooc: Hm, are you by any chance, Shintre's little sister? [P.S. I was from Soul Senescence]
Back to top Go down
LittleMariko
Mystic Moogle
LittleMariko

Female

PostSubject: Re: Beyond The Light [Closed]   Beyond The Light [Closed] EmptyThu Oct 01, 2009 11:46 pm

The demoness looked up towards the clouds, a thought seeming to roll through her head. "Cash is good if ye got it. How's $50, eh? Good deal for a bodyguard, won't find it much cheaper."
A grin crossed her face. Her teeth were very sharp.
A streetlight overhead flickered on, casting its sickly yellow light over the scene and drawing insects from the trash cans of the nearby alley.
Back to top Go down
Shinihaku
Shinihaku

Male

PostSubject: Re: Beyond The Light [Closed]   Beyond The Light [Closed] EmptyFri Oct 02, 2009 12:10 am

The sun was now beyond the horizon, his shadow had disappeared momentarily. The street lights above his head flickered on and a new shadow had now been cast. "Well, $50 bucks, hm. Quite some lost but hey, I'll take it." He lied, this had been a rather normal amount of money since he was living at a more enriched city. The breeze had rushed to his left side pressing hard through the night's air. 'Well it sure is breezy, though the feeling is much different than the one i get back at my apartment.' He pondered within his head. "How do you plan on protecting and leading me through this city safely without being attacked by the 'demons?' He asked the female being that he believed was human. He had received some what of a feeling that she was out of this world but when people think out of this world today they usually thinks the are just different and a risk taker. He himself was not that type of person, he had yet to learn that he even possess little to any power. He was just a prodigy when it comes to mathematics but to him he believed it was the only special thing about him. "Shall we proceed out of this dump already?" He asked after the female responded to his previous question. His feet had been twisting and turning on the ground as if bored from the lack of excitement that this city had to offer him.
Back to top Go down
LittleMariko
Mystic Moogle
LittleMariko

Female

PostSubject: Re: Beyond The Light [Closed]   Beyond The Light [Closed] EmptySun Oct 04, 2009 1:45 pm

"Eh?" The kid seemed really unaware of her true species. That was fine, she supposed. She couldn't have people recognizing what she was just willy nilly. Even now, she figured she'd probably be better off in terms of her salesman technique if she simply failed to tell him she was a spirit. "I have a reputation around these parts," she replied simply, as though the question was vague or somehow not very reasonable. Beginning to walk North, as that's where she judged East City to be, she felt the wind raise her long, ragged hair from her shoulders, causing her to squeeze her eyes shut for a moment and sneeze. "Ah, bless me, eh? So I hear they have a lot of drugs in schools nowadays," she began, smiling faintly.
Back to top Go down
Shinihaku
Shinihaku

Male

PostSubject: Re: Beyond The Light [Closed]   Beyond The Light [Closed] EmptySun Oct 04, 2009 10:17 pm

"A reputation you say? What kind of reputation might that be?" He had been rather curious at the moment while the two of them proceeded north towards somewhat of a familiar part of town but still rather quite different than the city he lives within. He looked over at her and noticed her hair blowing but turned back to look around at the enviornment around him rather curious on how this city works.

After quite some chat she changed the conversation in which she asked about his school and if there was drugs in it, "Well what school doesn't have drugs? It's just not well known because the least people know, the least the authorities know." He had winked. "But yeah, i'll let you use your judgment to answer that question for yourself."
Back to top Go down
LittleMariko
Mystic Moogle
LittleMariko

Female

PostSubject: Re: Beyond The Light [Closed]   Beyond The Light [Closed] EmptyWed Oct 07, 2009 3:55 am

"Ies a drug dealer," she said bluntly. "What kinda reputation you judge I got, eh? Ah, speaking of which, can I interest you in a lollipop?" The latter part was said in her salesman tone of voice, contrasting sharply with the former sentence. "Ain't got nearly enough drugs if ye ask me. Ugh, growing up in the world without figuring out ye can take a vacation for just $10 and not $1,000, bah! People nowadays..."
Back to top Go down
Shinihaku
Shinihaku

Male

PostSubject: Re: Beyond The Light [Closed]   Beyond The Light [Closed] EmptyWed Oct 07, 2009 6:25 pm

He smirks at the female, "If only life was that easy, if one can take a vacation for that cheap of a price one wouldn't work for any longer than a few weeks therefore using the rest of their money on multiple vacations." He told the female. His eyes roaming the street as well, "But hey, you can do whatever you want. But if you should really think about going back to school, it would be better for you and maybe school can get you straight on the path of being solver." He advise the female.

ooc: Sorry it's not much. Razz Brain dead right now..
Back to top Go down
LittleMariko
Mystic Moogle
LittleMariko

Female

PostSubject: Re: Beyond The Light [Closed]   Beyond The Light [Closed] EmptyFri Oct 09, 2009 12:31 am

"Back to school?" Even to her, the statement seemed so ridiculous... of course, one would have to know her species to be aware of the oddity of the statement. If she wasn't mistaken, she could detect a hint of him thinking her dumb. She'd been conscious for about fifty of Yochi's years, if one counted the time she was in heaven, and she found it improper that he should be trying to advise her on any aspect of living. Ordinarily she had quite a nasty temper, but tonight she felt exceptionally mellow. She wouldn't try to eat him. "And whai can't life be that easy, eh? Ye people make stuff a lot harder than it got to be. I give ye an example. All of yer dreams boil down to grub and fun. Anybody tell you any different he's lyin. What I sell is one half of those dreams. But ya, a bunch of fat white guys fill yer heads wif shit and trap ye in a kennel for 8 hours of yer day until ye've wasted yer youth listening to their shit, and they yell if ye go by what nature put in yer head that yer supposed to do until yer broke, and it makes ye into good little workers. Nice deal for them, they get to fulfill their dreams of grub and fun from yer work, they give ye grub and say theys gonna take it away if ye don't keep working and dangle the fun in front of yer face to keep ye workin hard and say the fun ye could be otherwise having without them is bad. Ye graduate to a damn cubicle. Not that it's any of my business, but I seen alot." Her tone was steady, thoughtful even, despite the huskiness of her voice.

OOC: It's alright.
Back to top Go down
Shinihaku
Shinihaku

Male

PostSubject: Re: Beyond The Light [Closed]   Beyond The Light [Closed] EmptyFri Oct 09, 2009 6:29 pm

His hands figiting a bit, "Well there is nothing wrong with going back to school." He told her after her first comment. However the next few moments had been rather awkward to him. He had not really liked the night all that much since he was more of a morning person. So roaming through the night he had soon felt a bit more of relief when the female spoke up a bit more, however what she said had got him thinking a bit, "Well yes, people are wasting their life and money are using up their own appliances however, is it really any of your business to actually care about it? You seem to care too much about what others are doing when i simply asked you a question about yourself." His eyes roam a bit and his thoughts concentrated, "Hm," He thought. "Well your thinking about the whole fat white guy thing, it isn't totally positive. Some of the actual facts that they are saying can be rather interesting but most of their information at the same time can be rather inconvince to one's life after a certain point. But isn't it better to know something rather than not knowing anything at all other than what you learn on the streets?" He had been straying back to the idea of school and was trying to still convince her to join if not rejoin the schooling community. "School is not all of a waste, one may receive a higher education therefore you will make more money after all of your schooling."
Back to top Go down
LittleMariko
Mystic Moogle
LittleMariko

Female

PostSubject: OOC: Gwah! Sorry about the delay, been juggling threads.   Beyond The Light [Closed] EmptyFri Oct 16, 2009 6:54 pm

"Make more money? How much money ye think I make, son? 'Ow much ye think I need? Bah, money's nice for pleasure."
Her finger went to her chin as she stared off into the distance, thinking for a minute. "A damn shame ye lose all yer money when you die, eh? Ah, but rich kids taste so good, err... I mean... act good. Ya, act good, son. Ain't bad like me, more prone to getting mugged. Let me ask ye something, what do ye wants to be when you grow up, eh? Whatche goin to school for? Ye seem to like it."
Back to top Go down
Shinihaku
Shinihaku

Male

PostSubject: Re: Beyond The Light [Closed]   Beyond The Light [Closed] EmptySat Oct 17, 2009 2:13 am

Looking over at her he had been rather confuse, "Who wouldn't want to make more money? I mean everyone wants money and even if someone is the type like yourself and they don't want to live a luxurious life they will still be eager to gain some sort of income that is above the lower common people." He had told the female.

His hands in his pockets, he began to notice the town becoming even more familiar. "Think I am getting closer to home or at least i am seeing old paths that i noticed earlier when I was walking here." He told the female and he turned around, "Come on, it's getting gold." He had reached his hand out to the female but withdrew it since he felt it was not proper within their situation. So stuffing both hands into his pockets once more, "Well about school.... Um, how can i put this in a way in which you can understand a feeling of what I do." His finger touched his chin, "Well school is meant for one to go through and learn not just knowledge but who you are. Plus it keeps you off the streets as well as give you a future." He glanced over at her, "Also what i want to be when i grow up, I don't know. I live life for the now, the schooling is just a backup thing, as long as i have it done i will be more successful in life in the end." He had tried his best to answer it honestly.
Back to top Go down
LittleMariko
Mystic Moogle
LittleMariko

Female

PostSubject: OOC: Sorry again ^ ^'   Beyond The Light [Closed] EmptySat Nov 07, 2009 8:22 pm

The east end of town was rapidly approaching, the fox decided with her internal GPS. The trip was almost over, she would get her money and he could be merrily on his way. Thus, she forgot her purpose for keeping her true identity secret. "I guess that's good, eh? Ies a demon, so I ain't got much use for school, but since ye got goals I'd feel bad for eatin' ye. Most of the kids down here ain't got goals, might as well eat 'em. I like my life, they ain't got shit to like. I guess Ies providing a service. Bah, but we're here. Should be safe from here on out. Nice meetin ya, eh? Next time yer on this end of town maybe ye could look me up."
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Ascended Tonberry
aѕceпxion

Male
Number of posts : 6937
Rep! : 110
Registration date : 2009-01-02

PostSubject: Re: Beyond The Light [Closed]   Beyond The Light [Closed] EmptyTue Dec 01, 2009 1:14 am

Updated Grunty.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Beyond The Light [Closed]   Beyond The Light [Closed] Empty

Back to top Go down

Beyond The Light [Closed]
Page 1 of 1