Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

H2H Content Site ( Mirror ) - New Content Added 11/22!

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Golden Opportunity (Quest)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry
Surreal SaDiablo

Female
Number of posts : 3123
Rep! : 257
Registration date : 2009-01-03

Golden Opportunity (Quest) Empty
PostSubject: Golden Opportunity (Quest)   Golden Opportunity (Quest) EmptyMon Dec 14, 2009 2:10 pm

Returning to the Lower Commons after finally getting out of the area was strange to me, but sources lead you all sorts of places you would rather never visit again. It was a source, private rather than business related, that brought me here to the forest just south west of my old neighborhood. I was still on my hunt for ways to defeat the demon that has plagued me since childhood. So far most of the leads had been busts. Most of the guys I had sought out for information sent me to some crackpot old lady talking some voodoo nonsense who knew absolutely nothing about fighting a real live demon. The first woman I went to see kept talking about people possessed with demonic spirits, I knew she was the WRONG one to be talking to or hanging around since that is exactly what I am. The second started talking about the demons living among us but when some commercial for a personal unjury ambulance chaser attorney game on the television she pointed him out as one of the demons living among us... after that I pretty much knew she wasn't going to be any help. Just when I began to think that I was going to have to face this fight all on my own, a strange letter appeared on my desk. It directed me to this location and promised that I would find blessings here. I was hesitant to trust an unsigned letter at first but when I thought back over all the other stupid leads I had followed in the past months, I figured this one couldn't possibly be any worse.

Back to top Go down
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry
Surreal SaDiablo

Female

PostSubject: Re: Golden Opportunity (Quest)   Golden Opportunity (Quest) EmptyTue Dec 15, 2009 5:48 pm

Trudging through the dense growth of the forest, I try not to let the strange sounds get to me. I was ready to scream like a little girl and bolt as it is, I didn't need to let crickets, tree frogs, and nocturnal birds finish the job. As I walked I tried to think of better things, things that would slow the pounding of my heart or the quiet the imaginary sounds of beasts stalking my path. First I tried to think of Saito and his demon cat but it had been a while since I spent much time with either of them, a fact which made my heart lurch with guilt. Then I began to think of Psyre, but that one didn't prove any better.

Back to top Go down
Psi Prince
Mystic Moogle
Psi Prince

Male
Number of posts : 2610
Rep! : 96
Registration date : 2009-03-02

PostSubject: Re: Golden Opportunity (Quest)   Golden Opportunity (Quest) EmptyFri Dec 18, 2009 3:55 am

While I lay upon the plush surface of the bed, I find myself escaped of the world in sleep like meditation. After a night of partying with Azrael, Jade, and her friends, the wild night of debauchery ended as many before have... me here and Jade asleep on top of me. It is so peaceful to be able to just fade away and ignore everything outside of this room... that peace doesn't always last long though. Jade stirs more and more in her sleep before it erupts into a loud scream and her lunging up screaming my name, "Psyre!!" My eyes open slowly as I look at her, "You worry too much, Jade." I offer a smile of comfort, but she is genuinely shake up. Realizing that I will not be able to escape her concern, I decide to inquire about what woke her up. She looks at me with sadness in her eyes, "It was a dragon. A large golden dragon that you faced in battle. There was this girl with hair of fire and blood and the dragon nearly got her, but you moved her out of the way. Its mouth engulfed you. One of your men is going to report failure in one task, but success in finding something that will peak your interests. This knowledge will lead you to the woman and the golden dragon. Young Prince, the reward is not worth the risk if what I felt comes to pass." I reach up and caress her face. You worry too much, Jade. I have never seen a dragon in Onitoshi, and if one did exist, I am sure that I would miss the opportunity to face off against it because so many other demons would desire the opportunity." She looks at me and shakes her head as her hand now rests upon my face instead. "Not here..." At that point, I look at her and realize what she means. "I return to Yochi? Already? There is much more that I must accomplish first before I go off attacking dragons. At least I know to look in the forest for this dragon. How is it that no one has seen this dragon yet? They are rather large creatures after all." I smile and tell her that I will not die yet and if I do, my people will correct that. I rise from the bed and get dressed. She wants to object, but she knows that I will return to Xartias in order to receive this news that is expected to come.

Back to top Go down
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry
Surreal SaDiablo

Female

PostSubject: Re: Golden Opportunity (Quest)   Golden Opportunity (Quest) EmptySun Dec 20, 2009 5:56 pm

Looking down to the paper crumpled in my sweaty palm, I check the directions and the contact name listed there. So far I had entered the woods at the correct spot and walked in the general direction written there but I had not yet reached the clearing it spoke of. Growing up in the city, and then in the orphanage, did not give me much chance to learn nature guided orientation. I could probably count the number of times I had ever entered a forest on one hand, and none of those had been me by myself. According to the paper I was to find this clearing and wait there for Goldie, who I assumed to be another voodoo practitioner like the others had been. The letter promised blessings that could aid my anti demon crusade but with every step deeper into these woods, I was beginning to feel like a curse was waiting ahead for me. I probably should have told someone that I was heading to this part of the area. I know how foolish it is to enter a thick forest you know nothing about without at least one person knowing where to send the rescue crews when you don't return, but no one in my life had so much as a clue that I was coming out here today. On second thought, Crystal might have a clue, she seems to have clues about pretty much everything, but that doesn't mean she knows which part of the forest I have come to or why, she could just know that I am hiking through the woods somewhere for no apparent reason, which would not help rescue crews at all. Pulling my phone from my pocket, with the intention of calling to leave Saito a message so he would know where to direct search efforts when I don't show up for work tomorrow, I see that there is no service here. "Perfect, just perfect." I mutter aloud as I continue on, cell phone out in front of me while my eyes scan the display for those magic bars to appear.

Back to top Go down
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry
Surreal SaDiablo

Female

PostSubject: Re: Golden Opportunity (Quest)   Golden Opportunity (Quest) EmptyWed Dec 23, 2009 1:23 pm

With my eyes focused on the phone screen I completely miss the root looped up out of the ground that snags my foot and sends me toppling onto the mossy ground covered with long forgotten leaves. Of course the falling sensation disorients me enough for my fingers to release their hold on the small handheld device. It lands a few feet from me, sliding out of view under a pile of rotting foliage. Since there is no longer any point in trying to salvage my clothes thanks to the damp moss that broke my fall, I go ahead and just crawl over to where I watched the phone disappear. Forcing myself not to imagine all the bugs and icky things that like hiding under decaying leaves, I slide my hand all around the area where I last saw my phone. When I feel nothing but organic materials in the first sweep of the area panic sets in, I can't survive without that device, it contains too much vital information about my most important clients. What drinks they prefer, what kinds of muffins or bagels they like, the names of their kids and pets... you know, all the stuff you need to do a really good schmooze job. Just when I think the panic is going to win and fear that I have lost the phone forever, my right index finger brushes against something cool and hard. Desperately clearing away the dead organic materials, I let out a huge sigh when the sliver glint of my phone peeks through the final layer of what used to be leaves.

Back to top Go down
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry
Surreal SaDiablo

Female

PostSubject: Re: Golden Opportunity (Quest)   Golden Opportunity (Quest) EmptySat Dec 26, 2009 11:45 pm

Bending down, I retrieve the naughty device and wipe it clean on the thigh of my jeans. Once I was satisfied that all unnecessary material was cleared away, I turned the phone over and foolishly check for a signal. Of course there is still not a single bar showing on the screen but I had to at least make sure. Giving up on getting any kind of service here in the middle of nowhere, I slip the phone back into my pocket before continuing on my. From this point forward I promised myself that I would watch where I was walking more carefully and not let myself get too distracted again.

Back to top Go down
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry
Surreal SaDiablo

Female

PostSubject: Re: Golden Opportunity (Quest)   Golden Opportunity (Quest) EmptyMon Jan 04, 2010 12:25 pm

Finally, I reach the clearing that I can only assume is the one the note has pointed me to but when I arrive there is no one but me... and the various forest animals watching me... here. Since it appears that I will have to wait for the person I am supposed to meet, I decide to pass the time by walking the edge of the clearing, familiarizing myself with the surroundings. Before I move from the spot where I broke through the tree line I make sure to cement the image of the spot and it's identifying characteristics in to my mind. I knew I stood a good chance to get disoriented once I moved so I studied the fallen log just inside the tree line. Paying careful attention, I note the direction the log is pointed, the various colors of moss and lichen growing on or around it, and even make a small pile of sticks on top of it to make sure that I do not confuse it with another fallen log somewhere else in the clearing. I would have to find my out of this forest eventually, I couldn't risk thinking that I entered the clearing on the opposite side and trying to head back in the opposite direction.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Golden Opportunity (Quest)   Golden Opportunity (Quest) Empty

Back to top Go down

Golden Opportunity (Quest)
Page 1 of 1