Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

H2H Content Site ( Mirror ) - New Content Added 11/22!

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Her name is Rubi(Critter Master Quest)(closed)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
DarkKnightCecil
Respected Elder
DarkKnightCecil

Male
Number of posts : 1215
Rep! : 21
Registration date : 2009-02-18

Her name is Rubi(Critter Master Quest)(closed) Empty
PostSubject: Her name is Rubi(Critter Master Quest)(closed)   Her name is Rubi(Critter Master Quest)(closed) EmptyThu Mar 25, 2010 12:25 am

Her wings batted quickly through the air as she shot between the
branches. Her body was a soft pink color, very bright in contrast with
the rest of the area around her. The only parts that didn't match was
the area right below her neck, a large white fluff of fur over her
chest. Aside from that she had a small streak of soft brown running from
her forehead to the back of her skull. Her bright red eyes scanned the
area, her body reacting quickly to the branches and other things that
came toward her. Her body moved with agility very few people had. Or at
least that's what Adrian was thinking, though he was thinking of the
people in his own time.

He grinned as he stood where he was, watching the bright pink fireball
flying through the woods, her body shooting around as she chased a
mouse. He smirked as he watched, before he shot around his hand
snatching at the back of her neck. He smirked catching the flying furry
creature by the scruff of her neck. She struggled, her paws, and wings
batting and kicking as she tried to get free. It looked like a cat with
furry wings. The small thing kept wriggling and struggling to get away.
Hell it even had a long tail. It looked like a short haired cat with
bright pink fur, deep red eyes, and wings! It was so adorable.

"Let me go you big jerk!" she shouted, her voice high and angry.

He was shocked and his grip loosened enough for her to escape. She shot
up and turned before spitting a bolt of lightning at him. Adrian shouted
as he was shocked, his muscles contorting as he stood there. When he
felt able to move again his body shook gently smoke rising from his
clothes. Whatever she had done it had hurt like hell. He looked around
but she was nowhere to be seen, but he could hear the rustle in the
bushes not far away. Probably enjoying her mouse. He smirked and lept
into the bush before he grabbed her. He turned, throwing her into a
cage, a grin on his face as he watched her.

She turned, glaring at him as she waited. She took in a deep breath but
stopped when she saw him materialize a sword out of thin air! It was
strange to see humans using such advanced abilities let alone magic!
Only so many had the ability to cast spells but she was more than able
to breathe the elements that helped her. But the thing was she had never
been this hungry before. Humans had scared off her food source, and the
first bit of meat she had come across had been freed by this strange
looking guy? She was beyond pissed, but her stomach growling at her made
more of an impact on her than anything else.

(488/488)

(to be continued)
Back to top Go down
DarkKnightCecil
Respected Elder
DarkKnightCecil

Male

PostSubject: Re: Her name is Rubi(Critter Master Quest)(closed)   Her name is Rubi(Critter Master Quest)(closed) EmptyThu Mar 25, 2010 12:27 am

Adrian watched the furry pink thing fall over, hearing it growl lightly.
Shrugging he reached into the bush and pulled the dead mouse out of it.
He then tossed it into the cage. He was surprised when the thing began
eating
the dead mouse. Poor little thing must have been starving.

"You
spoke earlier. What's your name?" Adrian asked, watching her eat.

"My
name is not something I give to people that attack me. You're not
trying to be my friend. I'll kill you as
soon as I can get out of
here." she warned, not looking at him.

"Talk like that, and I
might just stop feeding you." he warned, frowning
at her as he sat
there.

"You've got no reason to be angry with me. I'm defending
myself! You're
the guy that came out of nowhere and grabbed me out
of the air! I mean,
come on you're the one being the asshole!" she
said, glaring up at him, her face covered with blood.

"I see. If I
let you out will you promise not to kill me?" he asked, watching her.
"I wont catch you again if you do."

"If you promise not to throw
me in a cage again and open this up I wont attack." she said, as she
licked her paws before running them over her face.

Adrian watched
her clean herself but sighed as he opened the cage, freeing the pink
thing. He smiled as he stared at it, watching as it hopped out and then
jumped to sit on top of the cage. They stared at one another, neither
making a move toward the other.

"You're strange for a human. But
you kept your word." she said, watching him.

"You don't have to
be off on your own. If you were to travel with me you never know what I
might come across. You can get food while traveling with me." he said.

(321/809)

(to be continued)

Last edited by DarkKnightCecil on Thu Mar 25, 2010 12:27 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
GameMaster
Intern

Number of posts : 321
Rep! : 3
Registration date : 2010-01-09

PostSubject: Re: Her name is Rubi(Critter Master Quest)(closed)   Her name is Rubi(Critter Master Quest)(closed) EmptyThu Mar 25, 2010 12:27 am

The member 'DarkKnightCecil' has done the following action : Dices roll

'Acc - Trained' :
Her name is Rubi(Critter Master Quest)(closed) Miss
Back to top Go down
DarkKnightCecil
Respected Elder
DarkKnightCecil

Male

PostSubject: Re: Her name is Rubi(Critter Master Quest)(closed)   Her name is Rubi(Critter Master Quest)(closed) EmptyThu Mar 25, 2010 4:15 pm

"I don't think so." the pink cat thing said, before taking a deep breath.

Adrian's eyes widened before he scrambled to get to his feet. He threw himself behind a tree as flame came spraying from the thing's mouth. The flames followed him, spraying against the tree he was hiding behind. He growled and came around, willing the Devil's Teardrop to his hand. The weapon flashed out as the thing took a breath to spray more. His blade flashed out cutting across the cat's side, eliciting a scream of pain from the target. Adrian's blade came down, stopping just short of her head as he frowned at her.

She was staring up at him with bright red eyes. And adorable didn't nearly come close to describing how cute she looked. Sighing the swordsman let the sword vanish once more. Sitting beside her cage he tore the left sleeve off his yakuta. He tore the material into thin strips and grumbled as he began to tend to the wound he had just dealt the kitten. He sighed and pet her as he tried to help her pain go away. Grumbling he took his favorite flask from his robes and poured it along the strips of cloth over her wound. His eyes kept glancing from her to the area around him. He wasn't going to be happy if she had friends that came out and attacked him out of nowhere.

Finishing the bandages he tied them at the center of her back before he muttered something about not knowing how to heal. He knew she was going to need a lot more than just that bandage but there was only so much he could do. He pet the back of her head lightly as he smiled at her. The bandage would keep her blood from pumping out, and it would allow the healing process to start, but it also meant he was going to have to change the bandages regularly.

"You're a jerk. Attacking me like that!" she said.

"You're the one that attacked first! You are such a fucking weirdo. You said you wouldn't attack! And I even offered to feed you!" he said, glaring at her

"I doubt you'll feed me. I know your human tricks! You offer us food and then you cage us and kill us!"

"If I wanted you to stay in that cage I wouldn't have let you out. And if I wanted to kill you I would have done so and not bandaged your wounds!"

"TRICKS! Humans can't be trusted and I wont go without a fight!"

She was trying to get to her feet but she couldn't stay up. Her body fell back down, her wounded side facing up as she lay there. Her eyes closed as she lay there panting from the exertion. She sighed and looked at him, her head tilting back as she glared at him. It was obvious what she was thinking and he couldn't blame her.

"Stop that. You'll only force blood out of yourself faster." he said, watching her.

(511/1,320)
(to be continued)
Back to top Go down
DarkKnightCecil
Respected Elder
DarkKnightCecil

Male

PostSubject: Re: Her name is Rubi(Critter Master Quest)(closed)   Her name is Rubi(Critter Master Quest)(closed) EmptyTue Apr 06, 2010 3:12 pm

"I don't need YOU telling me what is going to hurt me. You're the genius that gave me this damned power! So fuck off!" she demanded.

She lay there on her side, not moving much though she managed to slow her breathing down as she waited. The wound was not magical but it certainly hurt. Even she would need time to recover from this. But she had no choice but to stay there. And if the human was going to care for her while she recovered she'd use him just for that and then kill him later when she was back to full strength.

"This wouldn't have happened if you hadn't attacked. I let you out because you promised you wouldn't." Adrian said, stroking her behind the ears as if she were just some cat.

"Ahh... HEY! I'm the one that should be mad here you dumb asshole! You attacked me first!" she countered.

"But you're the one that piqued my interest. I've watched you for some time, and I thought you might want a companion." he said.

"I have companions. But they just aren't around right now." she said sadly.

"Look, just do something and put the fire out." he said, motioning to the large fire she'd started.

"Oh crap!" she said.

Taking a deep breath she exhaled, blowing water toward the flames, putting the fire out as she lay there. Adrian was surprised. She could breathe fire, water, and lightning. An interesting subject indeed. But it would take time, and the first step was to get her to actually join his mission. But he'd have to see if she was going to let him get close to her, or if she was going to attack him again.

"I'm telling you... If you join up with me you'll be set for life. You wont need to worry about catching mice, or when your next meal will come along. Please, I want your strength on my side. I promise you, I am a lot stronger than the people you've come across out here."

She could be useful if she was his pet. He could have her help with forging his weapon under his master. Her flames could be used to help him heat the weapon and ready the weapon to be hammered. It would certainly help but he knew that taking shortcuts would be difficult. Then again it might grant the flames of his forge something special. Magic was magic, and this cat-thing's breath was nothing natural. Then again there was no telling if this creature was just that. She was tiny and capable of exhaling fire, lightning, and water all together. But the world was strange in and of itself, always changing and forcing things around her to change with her.

"Come with me. Please. I want to show you things that you have never imagined before. Please let me be your friend."
(484/1,804)
Back to top Go down
GameMaster
Intern

Number of posts : 321
Rep! : 3
Registration date : 2010-01-09

PostSubject: Re: Her name is Rubi(Critter Master Quest)(closed)   Her name is Rubi(Critter Master Quest)(closed) EmptyTue Apr 06, 2010 3:12 pm

The member 'DarkKnightCecil' has done the following action : Dices roll

'Acc - Trained' :
Her name is Rubi(Critter Master Quest)(closed) Hit
Back to top Go down
DarkKnightCecil
Respected Elder
DarkKnightCecil

Male

PostSubject: Re: Her name is Rubi(Critter Master Quest)(closed)   Her name is Rubi(Critter Master Quest)(closed) EmptyTue Apr 06, 2010 4:26 pm

Her eyes turned to him, something in them he hadn't seen before. She seemed genuinely interested in his words. She smiled at him and he reached out, stroking her under the chin as he watched her. Her eyes closed as she began to purr ever so lightly. She purred as he pet her, a sign that she was more than willing to accept it. He smiled, scratching behind her ears with his other hand before he nodded.

"Alright. I'll take that as a yes, but you have to promise not to do that bullshit against me anymore. Got it?" she asked, watching him.

"Oh... Fine. I wont attack you like that again. I promise." she said, smiling gently as she watched him.

Nodding he picked her up, carefully, being very careful around her wound before he began carrying her with him. He cradled her in his arms, her wings folded in so they weren't hurt. He smiled as he carried her toward the nearest village. He had to find a healer for the creature in his arms, but it was funny. He felt something for this winged cat that he hadn't felt for anyone in a long time, the last person being Natsuki. But that was a long time ago and he had since given up on anything there. She hated him, where as the thing in his arms was happy to be around him.

"What's your name? You never told me that." he said, smiling as he walked with her.

"My name is Rubi. And I'm a baby red dragon." she said.

Adrian grinned as he walked with her. They moved as quickly as he could, taking her wound into account. He didn't want her to feel pain but he was in a hurry to get her healed.

(299/2,109)

(Ending coming up.)
Back to top Go down
DarkKnightCecil
Respected Elder
DarkKnightCecil

Male

PostSubject: Re: Her name is Rubi(Critter Master Quest)(closed)   Her name is Rubi(Critter Master Quest)(closed) EmptyTue Apr 06, 2010 6:36 pm

Adrian made his way through the woods, traveling east. It was the only village he knew of, that was large enough to have healers. He'd seen a few people using healing magic before but they were very few and far in between. But Saichuushigai was large enough that it had to have healers there. And he would gladly pay the price they asked to have Rubi helped. She was sleeping in his arms as he moved, and he was worried that she had lost a lot of blood. He was afraid she'd lost too much. But he had changed her bandages a few times and they weren't getting as bloody as they originally did. But that meant either he was right to be worried, or her wound was healing. And he was praying that she was healing.

"Rubi... Wake up dear." he said, smiling as he went.

"Mmm... I'm tired... Your wound hurt a lot and I'm really tired because of it." she said, her head shifting.

She stretched her paws extending as she growled lightly. He watched her as her claws extended and she stretched lightly. She smiled up at him and shifted, climbing his arm before she sat on his shoulder. He froze, looking at her in shock before he shook his head and rubbed his eyes.

"I'm feeling better so let's get going." she said, smiling as her wings flapped.

She was testing her strength but she only got a few flaps before she winced. She lay down, her belly curled over his shoulder, her hind legs hanging off him, her fore paws gripping his robes. She looked comfortable, her eyes shining gently as she stared ahead of them. He laughed lightly, kicking himself for being so worried about her. He reached up, petting her behind her ears before he began walking again. He let his hands lock behind his back as he smiled.

"So tell me about yourself Rubi? You said you were a baby red dragon. Were you serious?" he asked.

"I was very serious. But I can sing, breathe fire, water, and lightning. I can do all sorts of fun stuff. And that's just a portion of what I can do. Just tell me what you want me to do and I'll be happy to entertain you." she said.

"Why don't you sing?" he asked.

"When in the springtime of the year
When the trees are crowned with leaves
When the ash and oak, and the birch and yew
Are dressed in ribbons fair

"When owls call the breathless moon
In the blue veil of the night
The shadows of the trees appear
Amidst the lantern light

"We've been rambling all the night
And some time of this day
Now returning back again
we bring a garland gay

"Who will go down to those shady groves
And summon the shadows there
And tie a ribbon on those sheltering arms
In the springtime of the year

"The songs of birds seem to fill the wood
That when the fiddler plays
All their voices can be heard
Long past their woodland days

Now returning back again
we bring a garland gay

"And so they linked their hands and danced
Round in circles and in rows
And so the journey of the night descends
When all the shades are gone

"A garland gay we bring you here
And at your door we stand
It is a sprout well budded out
The work of Our Lord's hand

Now returning back again
we bring a garland gay"

As she sang he walked through the woods, leaving the shade of the trees, Saichuushigai in the distance. Smiling he moved toward the village as she sang softly. She was a joy to have around, someone that was happy to be near by. She smiled as she sang, her eyes closed as she held to him. As she came to an end she smiled and nuzzled up against the side of Adrian's face. He smiled, reaching up to stroke her chin gently. She was going to be a good friend, and a very useful ally. At least she would be at full strength.

"Alright... Let's go find something to do here. I'm sure there are all manners of jobs to be done in this place. I mean, let's face it. there are things to be done, and other stuff. Let's get you something to eat though. And a lot more." he said, smiling as he walked.

"Alright!" Rubi said.

Adrian laughed as he went, stroking the back of Rubi's head gently. He was going to like having her around.

(771/2,800)

Updated
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Her name is Rubi(Critter Master Quest)(closed)   Her name is Rubi(Critter Master Quest)(closed) Empty

Back to top Go down

Her name is Rubi(Critter Master Quest)(closed)
Page 1 of 1