Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

H2H Content Site ( Mirror ) - New Content Added 11/22!

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The Price of Freedom [Critter Quest]

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
LittleMariko
Mystic Moogle
LittleMariko

Female
Number of posts : 2042
Rep! : 61
Registration date : 2009-01-17

The Price of Freedom [Critter Quest] Empty
PostSubject: The Price of Freedom [Critter Quest]   The Price of Freedom [Critter Quest] EmptySat Jan 30, 2010 7:34 pm

Fireflies danced in the balmy darkness of a meadow surrounded by an endless forest. Up above, the moon shone down with its astral attendants and it seemed almost as bright as the day to a small, black fox who lay like a shadow on the ground. The grass was lengthy and soft, as good as any carpet or bed in this form, and she yawned widely at the heavens that had so long ago rejected her... or perhaps she had rejected it, who could know? One of the lightning bugs landed on her ear and she flicked it responsively, sending it back into the air with its peers as her sickly green and yellow eyes peered into the surrounding grass. She wasn't that far from many things, she thought as a chorus of crickets filled her ears with their melodic creaking, and she was hungry again, but not so hungry as before. It wasn't the sort of reason-clouding hunger she'd had when she'd arrived... a large rat would do.
Standing to all four feet, she arched her back and spread her claws out before her, closing her eyes and opening her muzzle so wide it seemed an observer would be able to see the bottom of her little lungs and then, retracting her body, shook herself off before trotting purposefully off into the well-lit jungle night.

Words: 225/225
Back to top Go down
Kazakura
Respected Elder
Kazakura

Female
Number of posts : 1880
Rep! : 37
Registration date : 2010-01-22

PostSubject: Re: The Price of Freedom [Critter Quest]   The Price of Freedom [Critter Quest] EmptySat Jan 30, 2010 7:49 pm

The Price of Freedom [Critter Quest] Kaza_01
I was on my way to the village. It had been strange last few days. The horse under me was trotting and flicking his head. Obviously he was happy to be out of the stable. I had not only met more spirits and possessed people in that last few days that I had ever wanted to meet, but also had met people from the future, and was able to ride in one of their horseless wagons. The tiger cub I had been trying to train and tame lay in a small carrying sack attached to my saddle. his head was sticking out with tongue lolling about. Obviously he was having fun. I wore simple traveling skirt of a golden hue, with slits up the sides up to the thigh to allow for easy riding. My shirt was a simple white with a silver-gray corset lined with gold thread. The sleeves were short. On the right arm I wore the silver armband of the priesthood. A cloak fell behind my shoulders, it matched the silver-gray of the corset. The hood was down and the trail of the cloak fell over the horse's withers.
The Price of Freedom [Critter Quest] Kaza_03
Back to top Go down
LittleMariko
Mystic Moogle
LittleMariko

Female

PostSubject: Re: The Price of Freedom [Critter Quest]   The Price of Freedom [Critter Quest] EmptySat Jan 30, 2010 8:01 pm

A quick rustle that might have been the wind announced the fox's arrival at what seemed to be a pathway through the jungle. Where it would lead, she knew not, nor did she care, but she associated roads with food. Humans made them after all, and humans were the source of all things tasty and pleasurable on Yochi. Her mouth spread in a doggish sort of grin as she narrowed her eyes at the retreating rear of a horse, and her tongue lolled out. She crept, silently after the creature, not feeling any need for subtlety other than that which came conveniently and naturally by the way of the noiseless falling of her paws. When she felt she was a good ten feet behind the creature, she betrayed her presence with a sharp yip. Whoever it was riding the beast seemed to be alone, but she wasn't one to attack without first finding what sort of a person her target was. Then again, her experience with horses taught her that they tasted funny, not at all like the subtle sweetness of a rodent with the tender bones that gave way with a pleasant crunch. Come to think of it, her sweet tooth had become active. Perhaps this traveler might have some fruit... the vixen could only hope.

Words: 217/441
Back to top Go down
Kazakura
Respected Elder
Kazakura

Female

PostSubject: Re: The Price of Freedom [Critter Quest]   The Price of Freedom [Critter Quest] EmptySat Jan 30, 2010 8:41 pm

It seemed that today would at least be normal or close to it. That is until I hear a yip begin me. A quick tug on the reins has the horse rearing on its hind legs and spinning around. It was a trained warhorse. When it settled down My eyes grew wide. Another spirit, but what kind made me think as the horse began to sidestep before I tugged on the reins to keep him from prancing about like a scared pony. He always did that when spirits were present. Which is why I wanted the tiger cub. at it was growling softly. "Greetings. Are you perhaps looking for something?" I ask politely as I watch the vixen a few feet from me. I made no move towards the bow across the saddle or the arrows in quiver. I would give the spirit a chance to prove whether it was good or evil. It wasn't like I could ask if it was a good spirit or bad spirit. Just like there were no ruby slippers to take the people from the future, home.
Back to top Go down
LittleMariko
Mystic Moogle
LittleMariko

Female

PostSubject: Re: The Price of Freedom [Critter Quest]   The Price of Freedom [Critter Quest] EmptySat Jan 30, 2010 8:49 pm

The fox's tongue retracted and she sat down, scratching at the corner of her chin in a manner that might seem cute if it weren't for the persistent grunge of her mannerisms. She stared at the horse, wondering if she should be so bored as to see if she could get the thing to panic. It wasn't a spirit, and it seemed a little flighty. The woman herself would be no good for eating should she be thrown; she was a woman after all...
She licked her chops and broke her stare from the beast, instead looking at the woman. "I guesses ye could say I'm lookin for somethin, eh? I come pokin around here in all these leaves lookin for fruit, but y'all ain't got no good fruit trees or supermarkets or... yo. I ain't much taller'n 2 feet offa the ground... maybe the size of a cat, would ye say? But I gots a powerful hunger and Ies runnin low on booze. If ye could kindly donate somefin to mai cause..."
The tiger she utterly ignored, for now as her feelings of mischief faded before her greater curiosity.

Words: 118/559
Back to top Go down
Kazakura
Respected Elder
Kazakura

Female

PostSubject: Re: The Price of Freedom [Critter Quest]   The Price of Freedom [Critter Quest] EmptySat Jan 30, 2010 9:00 pm

Well it seemed that the thing could talk and that was a relief. But when it talked its accent almost so think I could not understand half of what it said. too many quest but I heard fruit and trees. And that it had hunger. Well fruit I could find. There would be some close to here. The Saki clan kept an orchard of peaches tended around here. Patting the horse on the neck I smile to the spirit. "Well, if you are hungry and wish for fruit. I can show you a rather nice peach orchard not far from here. The Saki clan grow the best and juiciest peaches around. Although if I knew what this 'booze' was that you were running out of, I might be able to help you with that." I dismount and point through the trees towards the north. I would leave the horse here, it would stay around and graze. Better than having him run off and leave me stranded again. The tiger I take out of the sack and let roam to follow us. I was its only source of food at the moment so at least it would follow until I could tame it. "Shall we, spirit? What shall I call you other than spirit. I am sure you have a name."
Back to top Go down
LittleMariko
Mystic Moogle
LittleMariko

Female

PostSubject: Re: The Price of Freedom [Critter Quest]   The Price of Freedom [Critter Quest] EmptySat Jan 30, 2010 9:10 pm

So the woman was friendly, the fox decided, the carnivorousness of her gaze replaced by something akin to a careless grin. What sort of place had people that didn't know what booze was? Ah, who could know? If she let some peach juice ferment for awhile she'd have a good batch of Rakia in no time. The spirit's form seemed to fade into the blackness of the night, reforming as a slouching woman with chartreuse eyes that shone like the filthy, sulfurous street lamps of her home. She wore a camo jacket with a fur trim at a level of raggedness that matched her dark hair that fell in unclean layers down her head and back, and despite her current, friendly mood, her expression held a permanent resentment that seemed stamped upon her currently mirthful visage. Reaching into her coat, she withdrew a small, rolled joint and lit it with an ever so subtle spark of electricity and took a long drag before responding. "It's Grunty. Thanks for yer help."
She grinned, the statement holding all the sincerity that a drug dealer could ever infuse with any statement. That is, her words were as greasy as her mannerisms and it seemed to be something she couldn't help.
Her eyes darted to the skies for a brief moment, suspiciously, but soon she settled back down. "Mm... guess it was nuffin. Lead on."

Words: 230/789
Back to top Go down
Kazakura
Respected Elder
Kazakura

Female

PostSubject: Re: The Price of Freedom [Critter Quest]   The Price of Freedom [Critter Quest] EmptySat Jan 30, 2010 9:35 pm

The fox soon turned into a woman that reminded me of a very dirty child.. Spirits were strange creatures. It made me slightly uneasy almost like the hair on the back of my neck standing on end. Maybe it was the look on her face and her manners. Well I would take the spirit to the fruit trees and then be on my way. I would have to return to the village soon. So I began to walk through the forest, a marked trail leading me through the woods, winding and twisting its way to the orchard. If the spirit followed I would keep her within my vision by striking up a conversation with her. "I am Kazakura. It is strange that I find one of your kind here. that makes at least three in only a few days. So many spirits in the woods could mean bad things coming. Or good. Either way you look at it something has happened. Also there have been those from the future city called SaiCity. I wonder why they have come to the past." I look at her clothing and such wondering if she was from the future as well even being a spirit.
Back to top Go down
LittleMariko
Mystic Moogle
LittleMariko

Female

PostSubject: Re: The Price of Freedom [Critter Quest]   The Price of Freedom [Critter Quest] EmptySat Jan 30, 2010 9:44 pm

Grunty blinked in a dull sort of surprise, as though having heard a particularly strange piece of trivia. "This is the past, eh?" It was news to her, but ultimately unimportant. She didn't have to be concerned with things such as a natural lifespan, and she felt confident in her strength. If she wouldn't see SaiCity again for a awhile, she had only to wait until it was the present again, even if whatever sent her to the past decided not to reverse it... but would it be the same future she knew and loved?
Such thoughts hurt to think of, so she simply thought forward to the peaches and the nagging sensation in the back of her head that made the sky seem darker than it was supposed to be. "Ah, they'se spirits here too... not sayin I'd miss 'em but spirits is a lot better in the sack. Man, I ain't got laid in forever. I get teleported away or whatever and I keep runnin into ye chicks. Chicks chicks chicks, seriously. Bet yer horse is a chick even. Ain't there men in the past? Males? Cock? What a gurl needs? Bah!"
The nagging feeling got worse and she squinted her eyes at the forests to their left.

Words: 208/???
Back to top Go down
Kazakura
Respected Elder
Kazakura

Female

PostSubject: Re: The Price of Freedom [Critter Quest]   The Price of Freedom [Critter Quest] EmptySat Jan 30, 2010 10:06 pm

The only thing I could say after the shock of her words that were understandable was a short, "My horse is male." The rest of it was so shocking that the tips of my ears began to turn red at the slander and taboo words sliding from her mouth. The priesthood did not require celibacy but still to talk such openly about such bedroom doings was beyond me. In fact it made the spirit seem more and more like the evil sort. The good ones would not say things like that, would they? talk about that kind of thing. I coughed a bit to try and hide the shock but my ears were starting to fully turn red. a Deep shade of it. Good thing it was night. to change the subject I quickly spoke up. "The orchard is right this way." I take into the orchard and the smell of the early ripe ones was enough to make my mouth water. "Their outer trees will be the closest to ripe. try some." I say hoping to keep her from returning to such topics.
Back to top Go down
LittleMariko
Mystic Moogle
LittleMariko

Female

PostSubject: Re: The Price of Freedom [Critter Quest]   The Price of Freedom [Critter Quest] EmptySat Jan 30, 2010 10:47 pm

Grunty didn't seem to notice her shock at all, not being a very empathetic person by nature, and moreover treated the sentence that the horse was male with considerably more interest than she had treated the news that they were in the past. Nonetheless, she found herself unable to relax as she strode up to the peaches with an acknowledging nod and plucked a peach from one of the trees, her gaze still on the woods that they'd just emerged from.
"Thanks. Now ye might want to duck, Missy."
Slowly, lazily, sparks began to rise from the ground in every color of the rainbow, staring out as little more than flecks of glitter in the moonlight and seeming to gorge themselves on air until they were fat spheres, glowing in their own right and beaming in their respective colors as they began to weave in and out of the fruit trees, organizing themselves into a complex fractal pattern that would ensure complete coverage should any danger appear. "I know yer out there," she called conversationally into the air.
The wind blows.
Seconds later a creature, something like a feathered serpent with legs and a very ornate tail landed. It was large, though it still had the juvenile plumage of its species, and it shifted uncomfortably on its perch, seeming incapable of speech, but staring down at the two women with bitter eyes and bared teeth. The branch bounced and sagged under the creature's weight.
Grunty took a bite of her fruit and glared back up at it, not letting the sparks explode just yet. It seemed they already hated each other. The creature felt territorial and wanted to chase them off. Grunty knew its intentions, as beasts understand each other's intentions, and disliked this young thing's audacity, and so they stared, neither blinking. Both may as well have been turned to stone but for the soft breezes that stirred oily hair and bright feathers.

Words: 320/1317
Back to top Go down
Kazakura
Respected Elder
Kazakura

Female

PostSubject: Re: The Price of Freedom [Critter Quest]   The Price of Freedom [Critter Quest] EmptySat Jan 30, 2010 11:13 pm

When the spirit said duck, I ducked and covered my head with my hands. That when i noticed she cast a spell. Turning around I see that monster and look to my little tiger and brutally wish he was big enough fight. But still he growled at the lizard and tried to jump at. I easily caught it and tried to calm him down, all at the same time my had shot out palm first and began to gather energy. Good thing too. This tiger needed a bit more training.
Back to top Go down
GameMaster
Intern

Number of posts : 321
Rep! : 3
Registration date : 2010-01-09

PostSubject: Re: The Price of Freedom [Critter Quest]   The Price of Freedom [Critter Quest] EmptySat Jan 30, 2010 11:13 pm

The member 'Jaenelle' has done the following action : Dices roll

'Acc - Trained' :
The Price of Freedom [Critter Quest] Miss
Back to top Go down
LittleMariko
Mystic Moogle
LittleMariko

Female

PostSubject: Re: The Price of Freedom [Critter Quest]   The Price of Freedom [Critter Quest] EmptySat Jan 30, 2010 11:23 pm

The creature didn't seem to be backing down any, and Grunty's eyes darted to the side at the sound of the little tiger snarling.
This small break in time is all it took for the monster to decide that it should drop from the trees, talons distended and jaws open in perfect silence. The fox spirit was more than happy to stuff his mouth full of lytflies and blast him off of his current trajectory. Thanks to the fact that she had a target to aim the flies at, there was minimal damage to the peach orchid, but everything was awash for several moments in a destructive, snapping light and the powerful roar of thunder.
The wind from the attack blew back Grunty's hair as she took another disinterested bite of the peach, her joint conveniently behind one ear as she surveyed the damage. Some creatures could survive such a blast, and if it had, well, she'd have to finish what she'd started in one way or another.

Words: 167/1484
Back to top Go down
GameMaster
Intern

Number of posts : 321
Rep! : 3
Registration date : 2010-01-09

PostSubject: Re: The Price of Freedom [Critter Quest]   The Price of Freedom [Critter Quest] EmptySat Jan 30, 2010 11:23 pm

The member 'LittleMariko' has done the following action : Dices roll

'Acc - Trained' :
The Price of Freedom [Critter Quest] Miss
Back to top Go down
Kazakura
Respected Elder
Kazakura

Female

PostSubject: Re: The Price of Freedom [Critter Quest]   The Price of Freedom [Critter Quest] EmptySat Jan 30, 2010 11:48 pm

Back to top Go down
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry
Surreal SaDiablo

Female
Number of posts : 3123
Rep! : 257
Registration date : 2009-01-03

PostSubject: Re: The Price of Freedom [Critter Quest]   The Price of Freedom [Critter Quest] EmptySat Mar 20, 2010 12:09 am

Updated Grunty
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Price of Freedom [Critter Quest]   The Price of Freedom [Critter Quest] Empty

Back to top Go down

The Price of Freedom [Critter Quest]
Page 1 of 1