Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

H2H Content Site ( Mirror ) - New Content Added 11/22!

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Style

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
LittleMariko
Mystic Moogle
LittleMariko

Female
Number of posts : 2042
Rep! : 61
Registration date : 2009-01-17

Style Empty
PostSubject: Style   Style EmptySun Apr 04, 2010 4:12 am

"Critter Master"
The past holds several creatures that do not exist in the normal time realm. These creatures are wild and dangerous and should probably be avoided. Still there are thrill seekers in this world! There is an off chance that you may be able to tame one of these animals and keep it as a pet. The ability to tame an animal depends on the personalities of the animal and the person trying to tame it. You may have to lull the savage beast or beat it into submission with your bare hands. There is a chance, that after subduing an animal, it is faking being tamed to eat or hurt you (i.e. the taming fails); this is a 40/60 chance. You have to roll after completing the quest to confirm whether or not the taming worked and you get to keep the pet (perform a roll; category “trained”). If you roll a hit, you get to keep the animal. The animal tamed may be no smaller than a rat and no larger than an elephant. You may roll once per quest. If you fail the quest 3 times, the critter will have mercy on you and self tame.

Reward: NPC Pet – a type of personnel in the form of a beast. They have average stats and 100% HP. Once they’re dead, they’re dead for good, like normal personnel (unless revived). They are able to have the same techniques as Min’gyon Yokai unit but their abilities are more mystical than magical.
     The fox emerged from her portal and looked left and right. The moon shone prominently in the sky over thick, thick jungles-- jungles that emitted all manner of frightful noises over the general din of the crickets.
     Yawning, she upshifted to her humanoid form and took an almost bored look around, deciding to light up a joint conveniently in her jacket pocket. She seemed to be scowling into the bush, as though something lay obscured in them that she'd lost long ago. "Mmm..."
OOC(value.null);
Back to top Go down
Scaarion
Rookie
Scaarion

Male
Number of posts : 143
Location : In the ninth reach of hell, sitting by an infernal pool, looking at you with my bell ready to toll.
Rep! : 3
Registration date : 2010-03-11

Style Empty
PostSubject: Re: Style   Style EmptySun Apr 04, 2010 4:22 am

Another figure stepped through the portal, his head hung low as he walked out, moving to a nearby tree, completely disregarding the surrounding environment for a moment as he sulked, “Damnit…” he muttered, “I fucked up…”

His normally dark blue eyes seemed even darker, deep with sorrow that the one person he could call a true friend in the damned city was now disgusted with him, or at the very least pissed as hell. He knew he messed up, he should have just come out and said what he wanted to when he had the chance… Grunty wasn’t to blame for the mistake, he was. She only stepped in because Brice was trying to get Max to say what he should’ve from the beginning. Unfortunately, now he sided with Grunty, being a bit of an idiot. He didn’t necessarily regret it, but he wished he were still on as good of terms with Brice… He looked to Grunty after a moment, noticing she never bothered to retrieve her pants, but they were already back on her, and in perfect condition once again. An odd trick. It was only then that he realized the background noises and the scenery, being pulled out of his little world and gazing about.

“Wait… Wh-where are we?” he asked in slight confusion.

WC: 217
Back to top Go down
LittleMariko
Mystic Moogle
LittleMariko

Female

Style Empty
PostSubject: Re: Style   Style EmptySun Apr 04, 2010 4:27 am

"Mmm?" she said, disinterestedly turning around to notice her toy, as it were, had followed her through the portal... and he seemed pretty bummed out. His depression was so acute even someone with such a bad time reading emotions as she could tell something was up.
     "Eh... we'se a few thousand years in the past, but don't worry about that. What're you so bummed about, eh?"
OOC(value.null);
Back to top Go down
Scaarion
Rookie
Scaarion

Male
Location : In the ninth reach of hell, sitting by an infernal pool, looking at you with my bell ready to toll.

Style Empty
PostSubject: Re: Style   Style EmptySun Apr 04, 2010 4:31 am

He blinked, blushing lightly and averting his gaze slightly, unsure if he should tell her. “Um… ya see…” he started, taking a deep swallow before looking back to her, “Well, Brice, the cop we were with…” he said, scratching his head lightly and looking down. “Well, before you came into my lap… I was kinda trying to tell him that I…” his voice trailed off. He was both embarrassed and ashamed, now looking to the side, “Well, right now he’s mad at me and I just…” he just couldn’t find the right words, he was no good with words when things like this came up. It was always so akward.

WC: 110
Back to top Go down
LittleMariko
Mystic Moogle
LittleMariko

Female

Style Empty
PostSubject: Re: Style   Style EmptySun Apr 04, 2010 4:38 am

She looked at him blankly, not comprehending his feelings behind the wall of shyness on the topic. Though she was slower than most in terms of relationship matters, she eventually got it with a dawning, "Ooooooh... ya..." of sudden comprehension. "Ah, that's cute..." she'd grumble in her grungy way, the thought of two men being together never having really crossed her mind as it did now. Somehow it seemed like something she'd want to see.
     "Ye know what?" she'd rejoin after some number of moments, suddenly cheerful and happy. "I got ye covered, eh? Ye don't need to worry about that cop. I'll get 'im for ya... heh heh heh... it'll be a snap. He'll forgive ye if Ies involved, trust me..."
     She put her hand on her chin. "You'll let me watch. You won't mind either."
     Her tone of voice suggested she was planning something rather mischievous.
OOC(value.null);
Back to top Go down
Scaarion
Rookie
Scaarion

Male

Style Empty
PostSubject: Re: Style   Style EmptySun Apr 04, 2010 4:42 am

He blinked once more, meeting her gaze, “Y-you’ll help?” he asked, completely ignoring the comment about watching. He didn’t care. Hell, she could join for all he cared. He moved swiftly to her, taking her into his arms with a smile, preparing to say thank you before realizing what a huge breach of etiquette he just made and pulling back with an apologetic expression, “Eh… sorry about that…”

WC: 68
Back to top Go down
LittleMariko
Mystic Moogle
LittleMariko

Female

Style Empty
PostSubject: Re: Style   Style EmptySun Apr 04, 2010 4:47 am

The woman smiled, but didn't seem to comprehend that the gesture was rude, nor was she offended really, simply surprised when he pulled back so suddenly. Shy, she decided immediately. "Of course I'll help. Yer an employee of mine now, eh? I gotta make sure ye stay happy. If you want a boyfriend that's what I'll get ya."
     She winked at him and suddenly turned on her heel, shouting out, "GIN RUMMY!"
     The crickets and the birds that had been keeping up a general din before now fell silent as the stars themselves, as the woman waited patiently, her manner suggesting that something should result from her sudden outburst.
OOC(value.null);
Back to top Go down
Scaarion
Rookie
Scaarion

Male

Style Empty
PostSubject: Re: Style   Style EmptySun Apr 04, 2010 4:58 am

Max stopped, looking her over and approaching, looking about slightly confused. “Um… What exactly does calling out Gin Rummy do, Grunty?” he asked, a bit shocked and confused, his hand reaching into his pocket instinctively, his fingers twisting about a small metal polygon that rested within at all times, feeling its numerous engraved faces. The male looked about, expecting some kind of odd new magic to unfold before him.

WC: 69
Back to top Go down
LittleMariko
Mystic Moogle
LittleMariko

Female

Style Empty
PostSubject: Re: Style   Style EmptySun Apr 04, 2010 5:08 am

"Sssh..."
     She held up a finger indicating she wanted silence as her yellow green eyes continued to gaze into the underbrush.
     Several moments later, the rhythmic sound of thumping would fill the forests, getting more and more distinctive and loud over time until suddenly a large, black bird creature burst through the underbrush with a resounding "Kweh!"
     The creature stood taller than a horse and towered regally over the pair, walking back and forth, its eyes fixed on the male. Being the semi-feral creature it was, it didn't take very kindly to strangers and lowered its head, spreadings its small wings and hissing nastily.
     "Whoa, whoa... Gin... chill..." she said, gently stroking the plumage on the creature's neck. "He should warm up to you pretty quick, yea?"
OOC(value.null);
Back to top Go down
Scaarion
Rookie
Scaarion

Male

Style Empty
PostSubject: Re: Style   Style EmptySun Apr 04, 2010 5:20 am

Max looked to the being, tilting his head slightly. It was a birdlike, semi-draconic creature. Looked kind of like a chocobo from Final Fantasy, now that he thought about it. Obviously, it wasn’t though. Chocobos didn’t hiss like that, they were docile. He pondered a moment, only able to think of a handful of mythical beasts it could have been, but deciding to take the most formal approach to the creature. He gave it a slight bow, “Calm, I mean you no harm.” He said, retaining his cool despite the possibility of being torn to shreds, “I work for your master.”

WC: 101
Back to top Go down
LittleMariko
Mystic Moogle
LittleMariko

Female

Style Empty
PostSubject: Re: Style   Style EmptySun Apr 04, 2010 5:24 am

"Silly, he doesn't understand..." she laughed over the continued irate hissings of the beast. "Or maybe he does. Who could know? I just broke him in like... the time before last when I was here. I do know he understands this..."
     A noise, seeming like it should come from a creature much larger than the woman, perhaps a giant, snarling wolf, issued forth from the woman's throat and immediately pacified the beast. That being accomplished, she turned to her partner. "Wanna ride?"
OOC(value.null);
Back to top Go down
Scaarion
Rookie
Scaarion

Male

Style Empty
PostSubject: Re: Style   Style EmptySun Apr 04, 2010 5:26 am

He stood erect, looking to the beast. Subdued by hostility? And here he thought birds were regal and noble, proved him wrong. "Um, sure..." He said, walking towards the creature, but staying just outside of beak range as he stepped around it to the side where it could be mounted from.
Back to top Go down
LittleMariko
Mystic Moogle
LittleMariko

Female

Style Empty
PostSubject: Re: Style   Style EmptySun Apr 04, 2010 5:29 am

Grunty hopped up on the creature, not seeming to care much for the welfare of its back and drawing a pained squawk from the beast. Once situated, she grabbed her other pet by the wrist and yanked him up forcibly. "Hurry up, would ya? Ah, Gin... get going..."
     She kicked the creature in the side, drawing another squawk and soon it was tearing off through the underbrush. "So, Max was it? How long've ye known this cop guy?"
     A branch whizzed by, dangerously close. She ducked it.
OOC(value.null);
Back to top Go down
Scaarion
Rookie
Scaarion

Male

Style Empty
PostSubject: Re: Style   Style EmptySun Apr 04, 2010 5:37 am

Max caught sight of the branch only a moment before impact, narrowly avoiding it, but getting a scrape along his cheek. He looked to his ‘owner’, his hands moving to her hips as they rode, the bumps actually pulling him closer to her on the creature’s back, “Um, about a week and a half, now. He’s pretty much the first one who tried to help me out after I stumbled onto the spiritual world… In fact… He’s kinda how I stumbled onto it…” he said, blushing a bit as he unintentionally grinded against her for the second time tonight, though, this time, his pants were slit open in the front from her earlier exploit.

WC: 114
Back to top Go down
LittleMariko
Mystic Moogle
LittleMariko

Female

Style Empty
PostSubject: Re: Style   Style EmptySun Apr 04, 2010 5:49 am

Either she wasn't aware of the fact that he was bumping against him gain or she didn't care. Rather, her indifference to putting him into embarrassing situations a manifestation of the part of her nature that took joy at the cruelties she could inflict on others. She puffed gently and the bird jerked sideways suddenly, avoiding a sudden mossy boulder in the path. "Ah, you would've ran into it anyways. Amazin he didn't drain ye dry. I'd like to know the story of that. Anyways, ye a top or a bottom?"
OOC(value.null);

Last edited by LittleMariko on Sun Apr 04, 2010 5:59 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Scaarion
Rookie
Scaarion

Male

Style Empty
PostSubject: Re: Style   Style EmptySun Apr 04, 2010 5:54 am

Max blushed at the bluntness of her question and commentary, a slightly shocked, “What?” escaping his mouth before he stammered a bit. “I… uh… I can do either,” he said, looking to her, “Though I’m not used to bottoming to women,” he admitted, remembering how she handled him earlier.
WC: 49
Back to top Go down
LittleMariko
Mystic Moogle
LittleMariko

Female

Style Empty
PostSubject: Re: Style   Style EmptySun Apr 04, 2010 5:58 am

"Ah, wonderful..." she purred. "He's a spirit, you're not, you're definitely going to be on the bottom. Tell me..." and the bird flapped briefly to gain more airtime over a creek. "...you ever taken anything up the butt before? Might be something you need to practice... or taking objects into your mouth... phallic objects, eh?"
     She may as well have been discussing the weather for all the reservation she showed, simply grinning and keeping her eyes on the road. They were almost there...
OOC(value.null);
Back to top Go down
Scaarion
Rookie
Scaarion

Male

Style Empty
PostSubject: Re: Style   Style EmptySun Apr 04, 2010 7:08 am

He continued to blush, "Well... mouth... yes..." he said, a bit more akward now than before “Never up the ass, though…” he said plainly, looking about him, “Where… where exactly are we going?” he asked, trying to change the subject.

WC: 40
Back to top Go down
LittleMariko
Mystic Moogle
LittleMariko

Female

Style Empty
PostSubject: Re: Style   Style EmptySun Apr 04, 2010 11:20 am

"I heard a rumor last time I was here..." she said, permitting the subject change with little trouble. "There's an old man who can help me grow my cock a bit larger. Heh... I'll be able to kill bitches with it..."
     Affectionately, she stroked the creature's mane as they tore out of the woods and into a more clear area with a cave on the far end, the entrance partially concealed by grass. The mount slowed to a strolling trot and eventually stopped right at the mouth of the cave. "I guess this is it."
OOC(value.null);
Back to top Go down
Scaarion
Rookie
Scaarion

Male

Style Empty
PostSubject: Re: Style   Style EmptySun Apr 04, 2010 3:59 pm

Max gave slight chuckle at the obvious innuendo, looking about the dense jungle surrounding them. Even in the darkness of the night, the air was alive with the sounds of birds, insects, bats, and more. It was almost like stepping onto an alien planet, with all the strange and unique foliage about. He had never been someplace so exotic before, nor had he ever been someplace so unlike his home. Even being raised in the Forest territory gave nothing like this wondrous sea of wooden columns, the canopy working to hide its beautiful innards from the outside world, but also making the inside dance with specs of reflected moonlight, very rarely did a beam come directly through. Rather, they danced along the rain and dew laden leaves above, creating near starlight illumination, hardly enough for a mere mortal to see adequately with. However, for Max, it was plenty to appreciate the place’s beauty, and to respect its hazards. He dare not step anywhere without Grunty for the time being, he had no idea where they were, nor what kind of creatures akin to her own mount would actually be ready to have themselves a dish of human flesh for their entrée.

It was only then that Max remembered her statement about when they were, rather than where. He looked to Grunty in a spin of shock, but spoke in a fairly calm, if a little shaky voice, “Wait… Grunty… Earlier, you said we were a few thousand years in the past, right?” his artistic love would have to wait for now, because right now, every law of science he lived by was being broken. Even the use of magic could be explained, but Time Travel, while possible, just screamed BAD IDEA.

WC: 291
Back to top Go down
LittleMariko
Mystic Moogle
LittleMariko

Female

Style Empty
PostSubject: Re: Style   Style EmptySun Apr 04, 2010 6:54 pm

"Eh?" she grumbled, almost dismissive of the question as she cleared the grass in front of the deep, dark cave entrance. "Give or take maybe. Why, that doesn't bother ye, does it? Allergic to the past or... bah..."
     Her eyes settled almost angrily on the darkness of the cave, noting both its dampness and the hard, cold, stony ground that hosted many sharp stalactites and stalagmites. "Back up..." she said, gently pushing him towards the woods. The bird followed with slow, heavy steps.
OOC(value.null);
Back to top Go down
Scaarion
Rookie
Scaarion

Male

Style Empty
PostSubject: Re: Style   Style EmptySun Apr 04, 2010 7:05 pm

Max blinked, looking inside as she had him back up, “Well… no, y’see, going back in time can cause vast anomalies, strains on the temporal stability of the universe, and alter the present as we know it. Any action made here could change… well… everything,” he tried to explain. Physics was his major once upon a time, photography only his minor, though that all changed in the course of a month. He looked to her worriedly, wondering just how much of this she knew, but more worried about how much she cared about.

WC: 93
Back to top Go down
LittleMariko
Mystic Moogle
LittleMariko

Female

Style Empty
PostSubject: Re: Style   Style EmptySun Apr 04, 2010 7:14 pm

At first, her sight was focused on the cave they retreated from at a moderate rate of speed, but when he started with his "word diarrhea" as she thought of it, since it was, in fact, a stream of words that were completely worthless to her, she scowled at him.

"Boy, hush and duck..."

Behind her back at the mouth of the rocky hollow, a number of small bits of light, easily mistakable for fireflies, began to swarm around, settling on the grass and the enclosure and lighting it with shimmering colors that faded and changed like some sort of fiber optic fractal. Indeed, the pattern that they settled with seemed vaguely like a self-similar pattern when they finally stopped moving over the vast area they came to cover-- no less than 100 feet.

And suddenly, they'd all explode, washing the surroundings in heat and light for several long moments and blowing the woman's hair forward. She didn't seem very perturbed by the sudden ignition behind her at all, but her bird fled back into the safety of the bushes

OOC(value.null);
Back to top Go down
Scaarion
Rookie
Scaarion

Male

Style Empty
PostSubject: Re: Style   Style EmptySun Apr 04, 2010 7:24 pm

Max watched all of the lights begin to form behind her, hearing the term 'duck' being plenty reason to get out of there. Knowing her, and her earlier commentaries about blowing people and objects up made only one reasonable conclusion for him to reach as to what these things were: bombs. Magical or no, they were bombs of some kind and he wasn’t particularly fond of being hit by an explosion.

He moved further back, getting down behind a tree and plugging his ears until the concussive shock washed over his body, his clothing yanked forward and the ground rumbling beneath him. The light flooded through his eyelids, undoubtedly seen for miles, and the sound still shook him to the core, easily heard no matter how hard he tried to plug his ears adequately. After a moment he stood, turning to see the remains of the cave’s mouth and the surrounding foliage, chunks of stone embedded into nearby trees and entire sections of bark blown off of the ancient giants. Max looked about in a state of near shock, horrified at how easily she did all of that, and how little care she had about the possible consequences.

WC: 198
Back to top Go down
LittleMariko
Mystic Moogle
LittleMariko

Female

Style Empty
PostSubject: Re: Style   Style EmptySun Apr 04, 2010 8:00 pm

"Ah..." the woman purred, turning to the site of destruction. The entrance of the cave seemed pleasantly wide and dry now, the moonlight shining gently over the ashen rock.

A sudden cry came forth from the rubble, a voice broken by age and hoarsened by smoke. "What?" A few coughs later, an old man, bent with his years and with a long beard that reached down to his feet emerged, his origin apparently the lower depths of the abyss that the explosion didn't reach and his tall, wizard's hat appearing a significant interval before he him self did. "What did you do to my house?" he shouted incredulously, standing in his bare feet atop the flat stone around him and clutching his hair.

"Heh... that's a lot easier than it would've been..." the demoness commented with a nod, pleased to see her actions had driven him to the surface. "Gin, get over here... Yea, I need you to fix my pet for me. I heard you could make 'em stronger..."

The old man simply stood there, in pure awe of her audacity, unable to speak for the moment

OOC(value.null);
Back to top Go down
Scaarion
Rookie
Scaarion

Male

Style Empty
PostSubject: Re: Style   Style EmptySun Apr 04, 2010 8:24 pm

Max gawked as well, but for a slightly different reason than just her audacity. “Okay, boss, three things:” he began, looking to her, “First, try not to give him a heart attack… You need him around to power up Gin, right?” he looked to the cave, “Two… Couldn’t I have taken a picture first?” he asked, fairly disappointed that the beautiful scene was now permanently destroyed. “And three… Can you teach me that?” he asked, unable to deny that he was, while slightly overwhelmed, amazed and impressed by the power of something so simple as an array of lights. He looked over the scene of destruction and havoc she had displayed, taking up his camera and snapping a couple photos just for reference, even if he didn’t have the before shot.

WC: 131
Back to top Go down
LittleMariko
Mystic Moogle
LittleMariko

Female

Style Empty
PostSubject: Re: Style   Style EmptySun Apr 04, 2010 8:34 pm

The old man seemed to find his tongue upon hearing Max speak. "What? Are you insane? Why would I help you with anything and you just blew my roof off?! I've never in my life seen such disrespectful yo--"

His ancient voice continued complaining in the background as Grunty turned to answer the three points. "He'll be ok. People in the past have... stronger constitutions, yea? Oh... you brought yer camera here... right... and... uh... sure, I guess. I've never tried to teach a human anything, though. Are you sure you can actually do it?"

She turned to address the noisy old man while the human snapped pictures. The elderly one found himself interrupted mid sentence as the woman shouted, "I don't give a fuck. Can't you tell? Fix my pet or I'll blow you to hell too."

The sagacious man stopped, pushing his primitive glasses up his nose slightly and calming down. "I see..." he answered coldly, not very happy about the situation. "Very well. Follow me then."

He turned and began walking back the way he came. The bird slowly emerged from the woods and Grunty pet him gently on the nose, leading him by the chest feathers towards the pit. "You coming, Max?"

OOC(value.null);
Back to top Go down
Scaarion
Rookie
Scaarion

Male

Style Empty
PostSubject: Re: Style   Style EmptySun Apr 04, 2010 8:48 pm

Max followed tout suite, observing the interior of the cavern as he did so. He was rather oblivious to conversation at this point, Grunty had her way of doing things, and while they were far, far from what he would do in her position, he was under her employ, making everything he said subject to the possibility of getting him fired, and he rather liked his new job. Or at least, he hoped he would like it, he still wasn’t sure exactly what kind of treatment he’d be getting in the long run. After a bit, he looked up towards the man, “Pardon, sir, may I ask if you’re the only one around who provides this… erm… service?” he spoke formally to the elder, showing the vast difference in temperament between him and his employer.
WC" 115
Back to top Go down
LittleMariko
Mystic Moogle
LittleMariko

Female

Style Empty
PostSubject: Re: Style   Style EmptySun Apr 04, 2010 11:58 pm

The man turned, lifting one bushy, white brow. "I had an old master, but I cannot be sure if he still lives or if he is dead."

He continued walking ponderously on in grave, gloomy silence. Grunty walked as well, her arms behind her head as she studied the surprisingly smooth ceiling and the primitive art engraved thereon. "Ye live in a hole in the ground? Must have a crappy retirement plan."

After a short time of walking, the elderly sage stopped suddenly and turned right into a chamber of the cave with books and scrolls lined up on some shelves carved out of the rock. He tenderly chose one scroll and snapped it open, nodding at the contents. "Have your beast stand on that circle there."

"Eh? Oh... that one..." she said, suddenly noticing that the entire floor of that particular room bore marks of white and black and red, culminating in an elaborate circle in the middle.

Cautiously, she tugged the beast into that center and, pulling on it a bit to indicate that it should sit, pet it once more and backed up. "Do your thing."

OOC(value.null);
Back to top Go down
Scaarion
Rookie
Scaarion

Male

Style Empty
PostSubject: Re: Style   Style EmptyMon Apr 05, 2010 5:27 am

Max studied the markings along the ceiling and walls, taking a few pictures here and there in curious study of this mystical place. Approaching some, he noticed that they were not merely painted on, at least, not all of them were. In fact, several were carved into the very stone walls before painted, other carved and filled with some sort of wax. They appeared to come from all sorts of time periods, both incredibly ancient, and incredibly new. Well, new for this time period at least. He still had trouble grasping the fact that he had travelled into the past and was still in existence, it seemed an impossibility with the anomalies that must be being caused merely by their coming here. If he had no apartment when they returned, he would have to find some way to get back at Grunty, though with her power he found it difficult to even consider how such a feat could be done. Maybe give her crabs… but that would mean he’d get them, too… Scratch that idea.

Carrying on into the elaborate subterranean library, Max gazed about at the variety of tomes available to this… wizard, shall we call him? The old hermit of a mage had quite the expanse of book laden shelves for living in a cave, no doubt his funds were all diverted to getting more materials for his trade, something only someone truly devoted to their art would do. It was only after the mention of the circle did Max look down, seeing something he immediately recognized. Magic circles, originally found in practices of Wicca as far as Max had read, and supposedly things of great and possibly terrible power. They would act on a variety of levels and an even greater range of true effects. Some would protect, whereas others would curse, and still others would cure the common cold. Though he wasn’t sure exactly what each one did, nor what they were truly capable of, he was sure he would want pictures. He took a variety of snapshots of the surrounding cave, making sure to get detailed shots of each individual circle and glyph within, trying to get as good a set of images as he could. This was an incredible find for him, and he wanted more information on all of it as soon as possible, even if it meant taking some of it to the monks without Grunty’s knowing. He already planned on going back there one way or another, and he knew that under her employ it would have to be soon, else he might not even be allowed to step on their grounds. After all, he still needed to make up for what happened to Brice, whatever it was…

WC: 457
Back to top Go down
LittleMariko
Mystic Moogle
LittleMariko

Female

Style Empty
PostSubject: Re: Style   Style EmptyMon Apr 05, 2010 2:56 pm

Grunty settled against the de facto doorway of the room, her hands in her pockets and her neutral, preemptively hostile expression returning as she gazed skeptically upon the seated beast.

The old sage moved around the outer edge of the circle, lighting candles as he went until seven of them flickered dimly in the cave winds.

He took his time, moving back towards the outer edge of the circle between the first and last candles he'd lit and suddenly cast off his cloak, revealing a surprisingly muscular torso with many, many runic tattoos inscribed thereon. He brought one hand slamming down on the adamant stone floor and suddenly the runes glowed a very bright shade of red, comparable to a modern day laser perhaps. This light soon infected the runes on the ground and the entire room was awash with sanguine light.

The bird-creature, now a bit panicked, snorted and backed up, but his path was almost immediately checked by the markings that composed the circle generating a barrier suddenly, the shield itself composed of a similar crimson light as came forth from the runes.

Mere moments later, the runes began to snake around the cave floor like some live thing, rearranging into a wholly different pattern as the monk chanted, mumbling in some indiscernible lost language. The marks continued to move until they'd formed themselves into seven concentric circles, the man's tattoos dimming, then the outermost ring, then the next one in, on and on until in a flash of light the final circle surrounding the cock flashed with a hiss.

The bird didn't look much different, simply... darker, and his eyes glowed with a wholly unnatural red light missing before. "Eh?" Grunty said, a bit surprised by the nature of the procedure. "That's pretty cool man..."

"Just get out of my house..." the sage responded unhappily, adorning his coat once more. "The exit's the same way you came in."

OOC(value.null);
Back to top Go down
Scaarion
Rookie
Scaarion

Male

Style Empty
PostSubject: Re: Style   Style EmptyMon Apr 05, 2010 5:26 pm

Max took several more pictures of the on goings, trying to get as much of it as he could, though he knew large portions of the ritual had been overlooked by his limited vantage point. He blinked as the room lit up, lowering his camera slightly from his face to see it with his naked eyes. He nearly completely dropped the fine machine from his face before realizing there was much more to see, much more he would want a clearer picture of in the future. After the ritual was completed, he looked to the male, approaching a bit hesitantly, looking first to the darker avian beast at the center of the room, then to the old male who now re-adorned his shroud, regaining the appearance as an old hermit with awkward ease, at least, awkward for Max’s ease.

“S-sir… With all due respect, this place… It is simply amazing.” He said, looking about, “Perhaps, under less…” he glanced towards his new employer, “Strenuous circumstances, I might return without my employer to learn more about what it is you do?” he asked, far more diplomatic and a bit more of a suck up than Grunty ever could be. However, years upon years in the media industry taught you that people liked thinking they were the best, the brightest, the strongest, no matter what. Though, unlike modern people he was accustomed to interviewing, this man truly did something incredible.

WC: 238
Back to top Go down
LittleMariko
Mystic Moogle
LittleMariko

Female

Style Empty
PostSubject: Re: Style   Style EmptyMon Apr 05, 2010 11:13 pm

The old man frowned; the years taught him distrust as well as the wisdom he now possessed. "What I do is nothing but a gift. I give freely as I have been given." His voice broke with a cough. "You may come back when you please; I offer this service to all who seek the betterment of themselves and the beasts around them. Really, I do this in the name of... it's not important."

He yawned and began strolling out of the room.

Grunty stroked her creature's soot shaded feathers, purring all the while. "That's a good cock. You'll grow big and strong... heh heh. Maybe I should take you back with me to the future realm."

Having finished up the business she came there for, she held little wonder at the cave magix and hopped atop her mount, making her way back towards the surface. "Come on Max."

OOC(value.null);
Back to top Go down
Scaarion
Rookie
Scaarion

Male

Style Empty
PostSubject: Re: Style   Style EmptyMon Apr 05, 2010 11:19 pm

Max looked after the man, curious what he was about to say before suddenly disappearing as he did. He shrugged, moving after Grunty and her new, improved, erm… cock, as she seemed so enthralled in calling it. He knew she knew exactly what it was she was making a subtle joke about, but wondered the purpose behind it. He looked up to her before attempting to mount with her, “Grunty…” he said, looking over the bird, then back to her, “How on earth did you tame this thing?”

WC: 88
Back to top Go down
LittleMariko
Mystic Moogle
LittleMariko

Female

Style Empty
PostSubject: Re: Style   Style EmptyMon Apr 05, 2010 11:25 pm

They began to proceed at a pretty quick clip, the fowl dodging stalagmites and outcroppings as they barreled through the darkness. "Ah, a very interesting question, yea?" The fact that he'd asked cheered her up visibly: her tone warmed and a grin grew across her face. "It's simple, really. You got two options, you can find 'em while they're little and see if you can train 'em up in the way they should go, or however they put it..." She referred to a proverb from an old, dusty code she'd read in Koutaku-shi. "Or you could find a grown one like I did and just show it who's boss. I had to hit this one quite a few times; thing was half cooked by the time I was done, but I met a healer chick who fixed it up for me after he'd finally learned his lesson. Would you believe this thing took three lytflies to the face before it'd listen? Ha ha ha..."

The bird burst from the cave and into the moonlight of the bare, ashen rocks where they'd first arrived and continued on out of the scarred ground, more slowly since they no longer seemed to have an apparent destination.

"Ya want one yourself? I'd help if ye wanted me to."

OOC(value.null);
Back to top Go down
Scaarion
Rookie
Scaarion

Male

Style Empty
PostSubject: Re: Style   Style EmptyMon Apr 05, 2010 11:46 pm

He looked to the bird with something of a newfound respect, not to say he didn’t respect it before. The creature was obviously quite powerful, especially if it took three of those explosive blasts before cooperating. Either that, or it was ungodly stubborn. Max was glad to see that Grunty cheered up from the question, though. That was always a good sign.

“Um… sure… what kinds of creatures are out here, anyways?” he asked, looking about the amazing jungle zone, actually forgetting how close he was to his employer for a moment. His mind was wrapping around what exotic forms of life might be found with such a magnificent creature as her bird being one of the inhabitants.

WC: 118
Back to top Go down
LittleMariko
Mystic Moogle
LittleMariko

Female

Style Empty
PostSubject: Re: Style   Style EmptyMon Apr 05, 2010 11:56 pm

"Mmm..." she thought for a moment. What sort of creatures were there back here? "Hell if I know..." she finally concluded. "I guess we'll have to look until we find something that suits you, huh? What sort of beast might ye be lookin to conquer?"

OOC(value.null);
Back to top Go down
Scaarion
Rookie
Scaarion

Male

Style Empty
PostSubject: Re: Style   Style EmptyTue Apr 06, 2010 12:04 am

Max blushed lightly at her question. Unlike her, he had no magical talent, no true power. He was strong willed and fast, but lacked superhuman strength or powers of any kind. “Um… well… I’m not exactly as strong as you and have no magic… Maybe something that has a battle of will or something a bit more manageable than your… erm… Cock…” he said a bit meekly, pondering on various magical beasts that he knew of along these lines.

“Maybe… Maybe a Nagual.” He said, referring to an ancient form of creature described by Ethiopian and other such related spiritual groups. It was a form of creature that appeared as a normal animal, though possibly with some form of distortion, such as luminescent fur, rare and unusual markings, or humanlike properties enabling speech. They were said to be guardians of the forests and their animals, often used by powerful shamans and sorcerers to help them change form or use spiritual magics.

WC: 161
OOC Note: Nagual is pronounced "Na'hall"
Back to top Go down
LittleMariko
Mystic Moogle
LittleMariko

Female

Style Empty
PostSubject: Re: Style   Style EmptyTue Apr 06, 2010 12:17 am

"Bless you..." she said briefly before realizing the word was supposed to be some class of creature. "Oh, a shiny thing. Yea, I'm sure we could find some shiny things out here..."

The bird settled down and crowed once, she kicked it in the head, "Keep moving you flying bitch. I didn't tell you to stop."

The creature grudgingly stood back up to its feet and continued on in a steady trot. "There ought to be plenty of things like that, huh? You know what sort of places they live in? Might be able to hunt some down like that..."

OOC(value.null);
Back to top Go down
Scaarion
Rookie
Scaarion

Male

Style Empty
PostSubject: Re: Style   Style EmptyTue Apr 06, 2010 12:26 am

Max thought about it, “Well… legend says they’re guardians of the forest and her creatures… Usually jungles from their origin, actually, but they take on the form of a normal creature and work on their own.” He spoke, trying to figure out where one would live, “It would probably be near something ancient and sacred, like the largest and oldest tree, or maybe the center of a large animal territory… They’d also probably show up anywhere they felt they were needed…” shortly after saying this he regretted it, as that was her style, whereas he preferred the diplomatic route. He didn’t want unneeded destruction of such a beautiful place. “They also might respond to trying to contact them…”

WC: 118
Back to top Go down
LittleMariko
Mystic Moogle
LittleMariko

Female

Style Empty
PostSubject: Re: Style   Style EmptyTue Apr 06, 2010 12:35 am

The woman thought for a minute. "An old tree... well, we got plenty of those..." she thought, looking up at the impenetrable canopy above. "I guess I'm a kami, I should know about summoning spirits, but that's the thing. I guess a lot of humans don't know this, but... right now..." she gave an almost depressed sigh. "There ain't no spirits. In this age ye only had two options: Koutaku-shi or Onitoshi. Dem was our Hogasha and I ain't know why he just upped and left hell, but it made things a lot better in my opinion... more fun anyways."

A short laugh, almost a snort followed the sentence. "Won't even find any of them sexy incubi back here, eh? How much fun could that be?"

OOC(value.null);
Back to top Go down
Scaarion
Rookie
Scaarion

Male

Style Empty
PostSubject: Re: Style   Style EmptyTue Apr 06, 2010 12:42 am

Max blinked, “N-no spirits?” he asked, looking her over as though to check if she were serious, “But… all things have spirits, how could there not be any?” he asked, looking about. Of course, these weren’t technically all spirit, but it was still a depressing thought that there were no spirits in general around after all he had read. Catching the comment about incubi, he figured he might save that conversation for later.

Wc: 73
Back to top Go down
LittleMariko
Mystic Moogle
LittleMariko

Female

Style Empty
PostSubject: Re: Style   Style EmptyTue Apr 06, 2010 12:46 am

"Bah, all things have spirits? That's silly. Only humans have spirits... souls even."

The statement seemed more an assertion than anything else, and she didn't seem to find the idea depressing beyond that she'd already expressed. "Wouldn't be right otherwise. Animals can't choose between... I guess good and evil. They wouldn't have a place to go... though I guess fence sitters end up in Onitoshi..."

OOC(value.null);
Back to top Go down
Scaarion
Rookie
Scaarion

Male

Style Empty
PostSubject: Re: Style   Style EmptyTue Apr 06, 2010 12:51 am

Max looked down. It just didn't seem right to think that only humans had spirits. All life had energy and the ability to choose. Except maybe plants, but other than that all things truly did have choices they could make. Whether it was good or evil was up for debate, but as with all things, such was a grey zone determined by point of view. However, here was not the time to bring this up, he decided to bring up something a bit more cheery for his partner, “So, um… You like incubi, huh?” he asked, leaning over her a bit.

WC: 101
Back to top Go down
LittleMariko
Mystic Moogle
LittleMariko

Female

Style Empty
PostSubject: Re: Style   Style EmptyTue Apr 06, 2010 12:55 am

"Who doesn't?" she answered back steadily. "I actually prefer them over all other kinds of men. They always slip between my fingers, though..." she scowled at the dark path in front of them that opened up to a lake. "They're sly little things... eh heh heh. Ima catch me one someday, though... and I ain't gonna let it go..."

The bird seemed uncomfortable with the red sand that stuck in its rough feet and it chirped its displeasure as it made its way gingerly over the sand.

"Eh?" Grunty held a hand over her eyes like a visor, squinting off into the distance. "Hey, you see that little island with that big tree out there?" The illumination shone slightly brighter out here without the leaves of the trees blocking out the stars and the moon.

OOC(value.null);
Back to top Go down
Scaarion
Rookie
Scaarion

Male

Style Empty
PostSubject: Re: Style   Style EmptyTue Apr 06, 2010 12:59 am

Max nodded, looking out at it, “Yeah, but how do you suggest we get over there?” He asked, looking at the vast expanse of water before them. That, and her ‘cock’ didn’t exactly seem like it was able to swim and he assumed she wanted it along for the ride. She didn’t seem the type to want to strain herself on another teleportation spell, either. “Oh, and Grunty… Is it possible to become an incubus?”

WC: 75
Back to top Go down
LittleMariko
Mystic Moogle
LittleMariko

Female

Style Empty
PostSubject: Re: Style   Style EmptyTue Apr 06, 2010 1:02 am

She looked at the body of water... it didn't seem so big. "Eh? Yea, it's possible. Actually, incubi come from normal humans. Really interesting process actually, but it's a bit random. A wandering spirit finds and likes you and 'boom', you're an incubus. There's different ways to attract them I guess..."

The bird paced up and down, "Kewh"ing at the obstacle before it.

OOC(value.null);
Back to top Go down
Scaarion
Rookie
Scaarion

Male

Style Empty
PostSubject: Re: Style   Style EmptyTue Apr 06, 2010 1:05 am

Max raised a brow, “So… what if I were to want to become an incubus? Do you know any of the ways to attract one of their spirits?” he asked with a slight grin. “And what kind of abilities do they have, since you were going to tell me about better options than the temple anyways.

WC: 56
Back to top Go down
LittleMariko
Mystic Moogle
LittleMariko

Female

Style Empty
PostSubject: Re: Style   Style EmptyWed Apr 07, 2010 9:08 am

The woman thought. "People can't hurt 'em. It's weird, it's like... they just give off this spell and even if they're hurting you you can't do shit about it 'cause they're too cute. As for how they get that way... uhh... actually, I don't know that much about the process, yea? We'll have to find an incubus and ask him. Mmm..." she studied the water with a hand on her chin.

"I guess we'll have to fly over, yea? Ah... I haven't done this in awhile..."

She hopped off of the bird and landed, one knee and one hand touching the ground as she crouched. After awhile, the customary black fog would begin to steam from her form, beginning to cover the ground about her until there was a flash of black energy. When it cleared, a dark beast much larger than her ordinary and previous form stood in her place,a little about twice the height of a horse, tentacles and sparks sprouting from its fur. It stretched lazily, its manner less becoming of a viscous beast and more becoming the small fox it'd formed from, and it yawned, sparks forming in the areas its breath touched. "Ah, yea, that feels right..." she murmured before laying on the ground. "Hop on..."

By now, regardless of whether or not the young man had seen fit to dismount, the bird would promptly buck off the extra weight and disappear at full speed into the underbrush.

"Damn scary thing..." the beast would growl after it apathetically.

OOC(value."Learned Mystic Yokai transformation");
Back to top Go down
Scaarion
Rookie
Scaarion

Male

Style Empty
PostSubject: Re: Style   Style EmptyWed Apr 07, 2010 4:11 pm

Max was slightly hesitant to get off, but was not expecting of the forced dismount. He tumbled backwards, forcing himself to roll mid-air and catch himself on one hand, his body continuing the same roll until his left knee hit the ground, pushing himself back before he lost all his momentum and springing to his feet from his left knee, catching himself with his right foot to make it at least appear clean, though he knew the movement was rather sloppy. “Ungh… Wish it coulda at least given me some warning…” he groaned, looking after the ‘cock’ before moving over to Grunty. He examined the sparking surface and got on with slight hesitance, unsure if he was about to get electrocuted by merely touching his employer’s newest form.

WC: 128
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Style Empty
PostSubject: Re: Style   Style Empty

Back to top Go down

Style
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next