Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

H2H Content Site ( Mirror ) - New Content Added 11/22!

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Style

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
LittleMariko
Mystic Moogle
LittleMariko

Female
Number of posts : 2042
Rep! : 61
Registration date : 2009-01-17

Style - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Style   Style - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 04, 2010 4:12 am

First topic message reminder :

"Critter Master"
The past holds several creatures that do not exist in the normal time realm. These creatures are wild and dangerous and should probably be avoided. Still there are thrill seekers in this world! There is an off chance that you may be able to tame one of these animals and keep it as a pet. The ability to tame an animal depends on the personalities of the animal and the person trying to tame it. You may have to lull the savage beast or beat it into submission with your bare hands. There is a chance, that after subduing an animal, it is faking being tamed to eat or hurt you (i.e. the taming fails); this is a 40/60 chance. You have to roll after completing the quest to confirm whether or not the taming worked and you get to keep the pet (perform a roll; category “trained”). If you roll a hit, you get to keep the animal. The animal tamed may be no smaller than a rat and no larger than an elephant. You may roll once per quest. If you fail the quest 3 times, the critter will have mercy on you and self tame.

Reward: NPC Pet – a type of personnel in the form of a beast. They have average stats and 100% HP. Once they’re dead, they’re dead for good, like normal personnel (unless revived). They are able to have the same techniques as Min’gyon Yokai unit but their abilities are more mystical than magical.
     The fox emerged from her portal and looked left and right. The moon shone prominently in the sky over thick, thick jungles-- jungles that emitted all manner of frightful noises over the general din of the crickets.
     Yawning, she upshifted to her humanoid form and took an almost bored look around, deciding to light up a joint conveniently in her jacket pocket. She seemed to be scowling into the bush, as though something lay obscured in them that she'd lost long ago. "Mmm..."
OOC(value.null);
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Scaarion
Rookie

Number of posts : 143
Registration date : 2010-03-11

Style - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Style   Style - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 06, 2010 1:05 am

Max raised a brow, “So… what if I were to want to become an incubus? Do you know any of the ways to attract one of their spirits?” he asked with a slight grin. “And what kind of abilities do they have, since you were going to tell me about better options than the temple anyways.

WC: 56
Back to top Go down
LittleMariko
Mystic Moogle

Style - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Style   Style - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 07, 2010 9:08 am

The woman thought. "People can't hurt 'em. It's weird, it's like... they just give off this spell and even if they're hurting you you can't do shit about it 'cause they're too cute. As for how they get that way... uhh... actually, I don't know that much about the process, yea? We'll have to find an incubus and ask him. Mmm..." she studied the water with a hand on her chin.

"I guess we'll have to fly over, yea? Ah... I haven't done this in awhile..."

She hopped off of the bird and landed, one knee and one hand touching the ground as she crouched. After awhile, the customary black fog would begin to steam from her form, beginning to cover the ground about her until there was a flash of black energy. When it cleared, a dark beast much larger than her ordinary and previous form stood in her place,a little about twice the height of a horse, tentacles and sparks sprouting from its fur. It stretched lazily, its manner less becoming of a viscous beast and more becoming the small fox it'd formed from, and it yawned, sparks forming in the areas its breath touched. "Ah, yea, that feels right..." she murmured before laying on the ground. "Hop on..."

By now, regardless of whether or not the young man had seen fit to dismount, the bird would promptly buck off the extra weight and disappear at full speed into the underbrush.

"Damn scary thing..." the beast would growl after it apathetically.

OOC(value."Learned Mystic Yokai transformation");
Back to top Go down
Scaarion
Rookie

Style - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Style   Style - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 07, 2010 4:11 pm

Max was slightly hesitant to get off, but was not expecting of the forced dismount. He tumbled backwards, forcing himself to roll mid-air and catch himself on one hand, his body continuing the same roll until his left knee hit the ground, pushing himself back before he lost all his momentum and springing to his feet from his left knee, catching himself with his right foot to make it at least appear clean, though he knew the movement was rather sloppy. “Ungh… Wish it coulda at least given me some warning…” he groaned, looking after the ‘cock’ before moving over to Grunty. He examined the sparking surface and got on with slight hesitance, unsure if he was about to get electrocuted by merely touching his employer’s newest form.

WC: 128
Back to top Go down
LittleMariko
Mystic Moogle
LittleMariko

Female

Style - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Style   Style - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 07, 2010 8:50 pm

He would find himself safe and comfortable on his new seat, and the beast moved forward tenuously. She hadn't used this form in some time. She wouldn't allow herself to touch the water, however, as she didn't like getting wet. Instead, two tentacle-like appendages would sprout from her back and feathers of mist and energy would flesh them out, making them fit to heave her into the air as she soared towards the island. "Not sure what we're gonna see there, yea? But it is a pretty big tree..."

Back to top Go down
Scaarion
Rookie
Scaarion

Male
Location : In the ninth reach of hell, sitting by an infernal pool, looking at you with my bell ready to toll.
Rep! : 3

Style - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Style   Style - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 07, 2010 10:08 pm

Max chuckled, looking down in something of a state of disbelief. She was just so full of new tricks and powers, it was incredible. He looked ahead to the large tree, nodding in agreement, “Yeah… Probably one of the oldest around.” He said, looking up towards the heavens now and seeing the starlit night sky. It was a beautiful sight, a painted gift from the gods themselves. Gazing back at the large tree, he gave a slight smile. There was no telling the vast new worlds he would explore, but he was almost too impatient to actually allow himself to wait to see. He was ready to experience so much more, ready to find new realms, well, new to him at least.

For the time being, he actually had forgotten about Brice, he had actually forgotten about his job, his old boss, all of his friends and family. He was lost in this new, dark world which had so readily consumed him and welcomed him into its never ending void. Though something still preyed at his subconscious about his less than tactful new employer. Her dark ambitions and clearly dark demeanor were almost troublesome, and only emphasized by this massive, near-demonic appearance she had chosen to reveal. He did not think her evil, no… Mischievous and a bit cynical, definitely somewhat apathetic, but not evil. Her eyes did not show evil, nor did they show any true malice for himself. But something he saw did worry him, or rather, something he didn’t see. She did not care for the hearts, minds, or souls of others, she did not care for their thoughts, passions, or dreams. If you weren’t chosen by her to be worth it somehow, as he himself was, she would just as gladly crush you into the ground as a child would an ant. In the corporate world, this logic was one thing, but in her world, crushing them was genuinely issuing a death sentence.

WC: 327
Back to top Go down
LittleMariko
Mystic Moogle
LittleMariko

Female

Style - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Style   Style - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 07, 2010 10:40 pm

The wind stirred the water into calm, silent waves reflecting the starlight and the moonlight above when the lake lay still. "I like this place, yea? Much simpler times. When ye live in the city, there's all this drama caused by all these people living in such little space... all the creatures and spirits running around doing unimportant shit that they'll be doing tomorrow. Out here it's just quiet. Stars are brighter too..."

She gave a couple more flaps of her transient wings and landed in the shallows near the root of the great tree.

"You said the type of thing ye was looking for lived in old trees, right? This is the closest thing I could find. Check it out..."

With a tilt of her head, she indicated the fat, winding branches whose thousands of pointy leaves hosted millions of small lights: probably fungus, fireflies, or some undiscovered class of bioluminescent beast. The crickets took up a sudden racket.

"Pretty close to magical, huh? Even if there ain't no spirits here."

Back to top Go down
Scaarion
Rookie
Scaarion

Male
Location : In the ninth reach of hell, sitting by an infernal pool, looking at you with my bell ready to toll.

Style - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Style   Style - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 08, 2010 12:37 am

Max gazed in awe, looking about the tree and viewing its immense beauty. He stepped closer, running his fingers along the base of the massive tower’s trunk. A number of the glowing beings nearby fluttered into an almost powdered spray of luminescence. He turned about, following him with his eyes in pure wonder, not even thinking to take up his camera. No, this moment was too magical for mechanical interference. “This place is…” he began, completely awestruck by the beauty before him, “Beyond words…” he looked to the tree once more, gazing straight up and seeing the towering giant loom over him. “I never knew places like this existed… I mean, I’ve only thought someplace like this would be in a fairy tale…” he turned back to Grunty, still in awe of everything he had seen since arrival. “Even if we don’t find a nature spirit… Thank you for bringing me here.”

WC: 152
Back to top Go down
LittleMariko
Mystic Moogle
LittleMariko

Female

Style - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Style   Style - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 08, 2010 7:24 pm

"Yer welcome..." she said, looking away and trying to look indifferent as she scratched the back of her chin with a hindleg, though indifference wasn't her true feelings. "Don't mention it..." she said without the usual abrasiveness on her words. Somehow she felt glad that he enjoyed the sight. "I guess fairy tales are just the memory of places like this that used to exist..."

Somehow everything in the city seemed so expendable compared to stuff like this. She wasn't a very old spirit, no, but being the seed of a kami she was acquainted with beauty and perfection. Until now it didn't occur to her that she felt even the slightest homesickness until this very moment.

Back to top Go down
Scaarion
Rookie
Scaarion

Male

Style - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Style   Style - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 08, 2010 8:01 pm

The man smiled for a long moment, gazing to his employer and recognizing the slight difference, though he didn’t wish to pry. He knew she took joy in being tougher than emotions normally allowed. He moved back, resting his hand on the tree for a moment before a low growl was heard resonating throughout the surrounding trees. It seemed disembodied to Max, his hearing not acute enough to determine its exact origin, though one with more animalistic senses may be able to. Max turned rapidly, looking about frantically for the source of the growl. It was not deep or large, but definitely otherworldly.

Upon further inspection, a small pair of glowing green eyes peered from the shadows of the branches, silver-edged claws reflecting in the faint spots of starlight which shone through the canopy above. “What poor human dares to trespass on my grounds?” the spectral entity asked in a mildly effeminate voice, curling vulpine lips revealing a set of pearly white teeth that reflected the starlight as though they never once touched impurity. Max gawked upwards, unsure of what to do at this point. He had never fully understood these beings, and wasn’t even sure if it was indeed a nagual he was gazing to.

“Um, I am… Max, a human in pursuit of what has been called the nagual,” he said as clearly as he could.

WC:228

Last edited by Scaarion on Thu Apr 08, 2010 8:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
LittleMariko
Mystic Moogle
LittleMariko

Female

Style - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Style   Style - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 08, 2010 8:12 pm

Grunty tilted her now massive head to the side, the tentacles swirling about her head as she evaluated the source of the sound. A grin seemed to come over her visage as her eyes narrowed. Though she felt she should be as uninvolved as possible, she wouldn't have anything eating her new friend. There were a few spirits back here, yes, but she had no reason to believe any of them had grown to any sort of prominence or level of strength that would render her incapable of blasting it to hell.

Then again, her more likely course of action would probably be just to snatch him back from any potential danger. She stood to all four feet tensely.

Back to top Go down
Scaarion
Rookie
Scaarion

Male

Style - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Style   Style - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 08, 2010 8:34 pm

The creature looked over the two, “A human… and a demon…” it said in a strange, slightly curious tone, “You have come to seek a guardian of nature for what ends?” it asked, the claws visibly tensing from the two’s position.

Max scratched his arm, “Well…” Max said, looking up to it, attempting to phrase it well, “I was hoping to gain a companion in tune with nature.” He tried to make it sound as rational and as beneficial as possible. He didn’t quite have the power, nor the aggressive intent, to force submission as Grunty did.

The creature raised a brow, grinning with almost Cheshire Cat quality about it. It gazed down, “You wished to bind me to you, then, mortal?” it asked, standing now as faint glimmers of red streaked down its fur, yellow-white lights beginning to spawn from its back, beginning to flutter about as the rest of the tree’s luminescent creatures now began to circle and spiral towards and around the strange creature, illuminating a brilliant crimson fox with dusty auburn and dark oaken browns where black would normally be, beads of white fur spotted on either side of its spine to the tip of its tail, the tip having a ring of red spots around it where it touched the brown ring. The lights spiraled rapidly, the creature looking down, “You will find I am no pet and not easily won over as a companion, mortal.”

WC: 241
Back to top Go down
LittleMariko
Mystic Moogle
LittleMariko

Female

Style - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Style   Style - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 08, 2010 8:57 pm

So... the creature seemed a little hostile, but since it was nothing but a fox, Grunty found it, perhaps hypocritically, hard to take the other creature seriously. She lay back down in the sandy grass and yawned openly. "Eh... fox bitch. Hurry up..."

The beast turned over on her back, yawning again and seeming to be a bit tired. "Ye got a pretty crib and all, yea? But we all know how this is gonna end."

Back to top Go down
Scaarion
Rookie
Scaarion

Male

Style - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Style   Style - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 08, 2010 9:21 pm

Max looked back to Grunty with mild concern, mostly for his life at this point before he looked back to the Fox up above. He had a strange feeling as he looked to the other, almost as though the world were growing heavier around him. This was not what he anticipated, not in the slightest. The creature gazed down, “If you wish to bond your soul and have me become your Nagual, I have but one simple challenge, boy… Catch me.” It spoke with a mischievous grin, the glowing creatures about it beginning to make a violent clicking noise as they began to disperse into a grouping of individual swarms.

Max, however, was not frightened or deterred. This creature was used to primitive men and clumsy soldiers, those who feared the wilds and found themselves out of their element easily. Max was from the forest of his day, and lived in the concrete jungle. This canopy was as much a home to him as the city rooftops, the trees as buildings yet to be finished and the branches nothing more than additional routes.

Max got on one knee, tightening the ties of his shoes and tucking the laces on either side of his feet, tightly as possible and setting down his leather sack and his camera, before going into a sprinting position, directed straight at the tree. “Alright, let’s go,” he said with a wide grin. This was his kind of challenge.

The violent clicking elevated as the Fox’s grin stayed wide, expecting easy prey as the swarming insectoid lights began to hurl themselves downward at Max, rapidly speeding to the young male before he began to sprint, the majority of the first wave crashing into the ground in violent splashes of sparks as Max ran up the base of the tree, the insects following him up as the fox’s expression went from one of malicious glee to one of slight shock as the man actually ran UP her tree. He launched himself off of the hull as the massive swarm grew much closer, grabbing hold of a branch and spinning himself into a straight upward flight, catching hold of another branch and pulling himself atop it, the larger majority of the luminescent creatures splashing along the base of the first branch, the surrounding area of the trunk, and the bottom of the second trunk, leaving only about a third of the creatures over him as they spiraled about in an attempt to change direction.

Using this most vital opportunity, Max dashed along the ancient trunk, kicking free some of the loose bark and bits of dead leaves which lined it, moving to the nearest branch and becoming to come up after the strange fox spirit whose insects now made their way around the tree and back onto Max’s tail. The fox watched in a shocked stupor, utterly confused how a mere human would be able to achieve such feats of agility in an element so far from their destructive homes. It was unheard of for any human to actually work with nature, or to be able to master it rather than conquer it. She would not allow herself to be the first of such to be mastered, not without a fight and a reason to bond with this mortal.

WC: 550

Note: Letting Roll go through before continuing. Will continue RP to finish according to roll.

Last edited by Scaarion on Thu Apr 08, 2010 9:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
GameMaster
Intern

Number of posts : 321
Registration date : 2010-01-09

Style - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Style   Style - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 08, 2010 9:21 pm

The member 'Scaarion' has done the following action : Dices roll

'Acc - Trained' :
Style - Page 2 Miss
Back to top Go down
LittleMariko
Mystic Moogle
LittleMariko

Female

Style - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Style   Style - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 08, 2010 10:13 pm

Grunty closed her eyes and reopened them to find things had become much more exciting in the past few moments. "Uh?"

Rolling onto her belly, she watched him repeatedly dodge the waves of insects and shook her head. "Pretty interesting..." Truth be told, she didn't expect them to outright start brawling, though she suspected that she should have. Here you had a human trying to subdue a spirit. She knew that in the fox nymph's place she would've just blown the human to hell and had a quick snack, even if he was cute. Then again, most fox creatures had less outright audacity than she possessed, instead reveling in the evasion and the survival and the outwitting of a predator.

Perhaps that explained the fox demoness's despondency towards everything. She'd yet to encounter a predator she actually had to run from as of late. Everything could be taken care of rather easily and it felt insincere to run in such circumstances.

"Oy... Max..." she said, addressing the human by name. "...be careful, huh?" She shouted towards where he hopped around despite being moderately sure that even her booming, deep voice wouldn't reach him over the noise.

Back to top Go down
Scaarion
Rookie
Scaarion

Male

Style - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Style   Style - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 08, 2010 11:12 pm

The swarming, clicking mess of foes twisted and weaved throughout the ancient, massive tree, the male dodging about with relative ease as he used the very tree that his target called home for cover. Though he heard his companion’s voice, he did not quite make out what she said, assuming it was something along the lines of ‘look out’ or ‘be careful not to break your neck, I don’t want to find a new pet’, he merely gave a half-wave of acknowledgement before diving off the branch he was on and catching a nearby vine, allowing the swarm of lights to fly overhead.

The fox chuckled at his enthusiasm, watching him weave about as she lay once more. He was certainly an agile one, and very quick, though her swarm was significantly faster. The end result of this would undoubtedly be his failure, though it would be an amusing one to say the very least. After several more minutes of climbing, leaping, and branch sliding, Max finally found himself on the same branch as the fox spirit, who gazed at him with that same, crescent-moon grin, her eyes alight with amusement. He huffed a bit as he stared her down, taking a step towards her, the fox standing and facing him.

“Alright… I got you, I got to the branch…” Max said between heavy breaths, gazing determinedly towards the other.

The fox gave a slight giggle, erupting into full-blown cackling laughter after a moment, “Oh, human, you are indeed a funny one!” she shouted, her head lowering, eyes locking onto his as he blinked in slight shock, the luminescent insects that remained fluttering up about him and her, “You haven’t caught me yet, boy, but you came close. And for that, I give you credit. However, my time is not without end.” She said, preparing to go further as Max looked about, however, Max was no petty character in a TV show. She was monologuing, and he’d seen enough TV to know that a monologuing villain was a vulnerable villain. The man rushed her, full speed, diving to grab her only to hit a burst of fog which sprouted from where she stood only a moment ago. “Ah, Max, was it? You have amused me, and for that, you shall live to tell this tale. But your trials with me are not yet through.”

With that, the being’s essence dissipated, the swarm of luminescent creatures bombarding the young male and exploding into a blinding flash, the young male now plummeting from the towering heights of the tree, unconscious and drifting between all the branches as though his path were guided, though he was still falling full-speed to what would be a rather unpleasant end at the bottom.
WC: 457
Back to top Go down
LittleMariko
Mystic Moogle
LittleMariko

Female

Style - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Style   Style - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 09, 2010 12:16 am

The fox continued to look disinterestedly up the tree, noting how the fox continued to talk and talk and, "Just blow 'er to hell, Max..." she shouted up the tree again, forgetting for the moment that not everyone could solve problems as she could. "Oh... wait... human... guess ye can't fly either, huh?"

She sighed, her makeshift wings sprouting again as she heaved herself into the air to catch the falling man's shirt in her teeth. Somehow she didn't want to take the weight of him falling at terminal velocity on her back, even though she was much bigger in this form.

Back to top Go down
Scaarion
Rookie
Scaarion

Male

Style - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Style   Style - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 09, 2010 1:41 am

As Max was caught, little disturbance met him. He was out for the moment, and it looked as though it would be that way for a while. Though, it was doubtless that he’d be more than disappointed upon awakening…

RP ENDED!

Max's WC: 5254 (Graded as quest)

TEXP: +4
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Style - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Style   Style - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Style
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2