Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

H2H Content Site ( Mirror ) - New Content Added 11/22!

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Blood for Gold Arc - 1st Entry: Settozai

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Psi Prince
Mystic Moogle
Psi Prince

Male
Number of posts : 2610
Rep! : 96
Registration date : 2009-03-02

Blood for Gold Arc - 1st Entry: Settozai Empty
PostSubject: Blood for Gold Arc - 1st Entry: Settozai   Blood for Gold Arc - 1st Entry: Settozai EmptyWed Apr 28, 2010 2:27 am

The boys are out on a mission and I don't really have much to do, so I elect to take a little trip into the forests so that I can let my wings out for a bit and fly. The beauty of living on the outskirts of society is that when I want to do something like this, there is no one to concern myself with. I have to admit though that that is one thing I definitely miss about being home in Onitoshi. I can fly around whenever and wherever I want. Here, I have to be concerned about whether or not the humans can see me. Lifting off the ground and taking to the skies, I fly west from my position at the mercenary hideout along the eastern border of the forest here in the south lands. Moving deeper into the forest, I lose myself in the freedom of flight. My senses roam free, but I ignore them as best as I can so that I can enjoy this moment as long as I can.

As I am weaving through trees, I see a radiant flow of golden light catch my attention. It looks like a nice size cache of coins. As I get closer, it ceases to look like several coins and instead, I find one very large coin is responsible for radiating this much energy. I land nearby and walk into the opening near the large lake where the coin is located. Moving towards the coin, I hear a rustling in the brush behind me. The coin takes the form of a man with long, flowing locks of gold and pupils that look like gold coins. His clothing is gold, ruby red, and platinum silver. He looks at me and scans over me before he shakes his head. "You have come for my treasure?" I look at him and shrug, "I felt like flying and that whole huge coin thing isn't really subtle. Who or what are you?" The man's eyes focus on me and he says, "I am the Onisu, Settozai. I see much greed within you, so if you wish to reach the treasure, you will have to deal with them first." He points past me and the rustling in the brush gets louder as multiple bandits and thieves emerge. So it would seem that I have just walked right into a trap. I stretch my arms and legs out while they look at me and I look at the golden man and shake my head. "As you wish."

Turning to the first three attackers and speak, "Ātmā ādhā cānda!" Three blades are loosed from palms and tear into the exposed, unarmored flesh of the bandits. The burning light energy sears into their bodies and a sutra card apepars on the middle bandit. "Let your blood obscure vision!" The sutra card explodes at command and blood splatters around the nearby area. Some of the blood gets into the faces and eyes of forward rushing bandits and I dash forward in a low run that almost looks like I'm crouching and hovering forward. My hand slides over a blade that is on the ground and it flies at a new attacker that was blinded by the blood. Stopping to assess the situation, I telekinetically pull a bandit towards me as I step to the side and watch as that bandit is stabbed and slashed in my place. Everything starts to slow down around me and I twist and duck around a dagger slash from behind. Out of the way, I telekinetically push him forward to stab the bandit that had inadvertently stabbed one of their comrades. A sutra card is thrown on his back and sticks to him. Drawing all of the fallen weapons to me, I grin as five of the remaining bandits try to charge me, but find a wall of blades waiting for them.

There are two more bandits and the golden man. As I prepare to dispatch the last two, I see the sky above me darken and I push the blades at the two bandits as I look above and see a thunderous storm of coins quickly approaching me. With haste, I chant, "Ātmā śīlḍa, rakṣā!" The seven star shield appears above me as I crouch and raise my arms in a defensive position. The coins shatter straight thru the shield and while they strike me they don't hurt as much as their momentum had been broken. Being buried in coins is extremely annoying to me, so from beneath the mound of gold, the spirit known as Settozai hears a chant from beneath the mound, "Atma Visphota!" The mound explodes away from me and I stand before him in my bestial form with my armored and spiked tail swaying behind me. My eyes show great fury as I gaze upon him. Settozai looks at me with worry in his eyes yet also interest and awe. I walk towards him and issue him a choice which I am hoping he selects the second option, "You will serve me now, Onisu, or I will destroy you where you stand!" He nods to me and does not take long to weigh his options. "Impressive display. I will serve you, young Spirit. I give you my mark, which will allow you to summon forth my power, the Golden Storm! Summon this power only when it is most dire." Damn, I seriously wanted to kill him for setting me up like that. I revert to my humanoid form and my wings retract into my back once more.

Now fully reverted, I stand before Settozai and ask him about this treasure he was talking about before. He tells me that as the demonic Embodiment of Greed, he has the ability to manifest and seek out greed in mortals more easily than spirits. I look at him wondering what that has to do with treasure and he continues, "You apparently want treasure and I can locate it for you. It's one of my gifts." Not impressed, I decide that killing him and simply absorbing his power would be far more fun for me. "I can pay someone at a tavern to provide me with such information, you show no use to me." Settozai speaks quickly, "I know where you can get 2500 Shinny quickly and strike fear into the hearts of enemies. I also know where you can get much more while building good relations with the people of different cities. If you continue to aid them, they will offer you more money. You will be able to increase trade with them and I can even tell you where you will find the most lucrative location for the village you wish to create. When you create this village, you will need someone to manage the finances and bolster your economy to provide you with the prosperity that you need. I can provide all of that... so killing me might not be a good idea." There are bodies and coins everywhere, well until he snaps his fingers and the coins vanish. I sigh as I actually think he might be useful tho the fact that he's the embodiment of greed or holds influence over greed bothers me. I will need to keep him on a very short leash!

1280 words
Onisu Special: Settozai Complete

EXP = 1280 x Quest bonus

Lord PWC: +1280
Reason: Settozai promised to show Psyre the location of his new city and help him build relations with other villages as well as help manage the finances and economy... provided Psyre let him live.

Settozai, Lord of Greed
This spirit looks like a very large golden coin. It has the ability to “make it rain” dropping millions of gold coins over a block radius dealing destructive damage.
Back to top Go down
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry
Surreal SaDiablo

Female
Number of posts : 3123
Rep! : 257
Registration date : 2009-01-03

Blood for Gold Arc - 1st Entry: Settozai Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blood for Gold Arc - 1st Entry: Settozai   Blood for Gold Arc - 1st Entry: Settozai EmptyFri Apr 30, 2010 4:20 pm

Updated
Back to top Go down

Blood for Gold Arc - 1st Entry: Settozai
Page 1 of 1