Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

H2H Content Site ( Mirror ) - New Content Added 11/22!

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Blood for Gold Arc - 2nd Entry: Savior or Destroyer?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Psi Prince
Mystic Moogle
Psi Prince

Male
Number of posts : 2610
Rep! : 96
Registration date : 2009-03-02

Blood for Gold Arc - 2nd Entry: Savior or Destroyer? Empty
PostSubject: Blood for Gold Arc - 2nd Entry: Savior or Destroyer?   Blood for Gold Arc - 2nd Entry: Savior or Destroyer? EmptySat May 08, 2010 8:37 pm

Everything is jumbled and nothing makes sense to me right now. How is it that I created a living, independent and darker clone of myself in the first place? As if that was not confusing enough, I add to that the fact that it was able to overpower me and banish me here. The night that I returned home, I lost everything and I find myself drowning in the chaos. Sadness fills my heart. Slowly though, I feel that sadness turn to pain and that pain turns to anger! Anger that wishes to lash out at everything and everyone around. I want to destroy this clone! I want to watch as his flesh is peeled from his body and see the blood gush and ooze from his flesh! I want to channel so much pressure into his ocular orbs that they burst and unravel his insides like a thread of fabric that releases an entire seam. Oh the things I want to do to cause him such anguish! All of my anger is not directed at him though as it is my own weakness as well that is the problem. All these emotions... anger directed at both myself and others, disappointment in my weakness, sadness at my plight, and a growing fury that I want to unleash upon the world. AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!! The swell in anger has an effect that I am unaware of in my current state. Outside of my body, everything in the cart that my body is being transported on begins to rise and the white wing empath wakes up the dark sprite who notices and works against my powers to lower the items. Things become a little difficult to hide when the actual wagon starts to move faster and lift off of the ground occasionally. The sprite speaks softly to Kiera, "I do not possess telepathy so I cannot enter his mind." She strokes my forehead and turns away, "You would not want to even if you could. He is so dark right now. I have never known him to be this far gone. I can feel no light within him. He only craves bloodshed and for his enemies to share in his pain. His mind is lashing out at everything. He is losing his sense of himself, he feels so lost yet this rage is only strengthening the power of his mind and its ability to control his powers. He isn't moving anyway consciously. He is too sad to.

441/41

Slayer of Men (Locked)
Poaching Quest (IP)
Master: Myndius (400)
Back to top Go down
Psi Prince
Mystic Moogle
Psi Prince

Male

PostSubject: Re: Blood for Gold Arc - 2nd Entry: Savior or Destroyer?   Blood for Gold Arc - 2nd Entry: Savior or Destroyer? EmptyMon May 10, 2010 12:26 am

There is a couple driving the wagon that is currently transporting my body. The husband is driving and the wife looks back to notice the items in the back of the wagon floating. She quickly turns around to notice that her husband looks extremely worried about the fact that the wagon seems to be floating. My power surge releases and when the wife looks back again, everything is completely normal. The husband stops the wagon and looks at his wife. The sprite looks at Kiera and tells her that she has to keep him calm. She tells him that she cannot influence my moods or even communicate with me b/c she cannot seem to figure out how to wake me. When the wife looks back, the dark sprite is still there and he realizes that she can't see him either. This means that he doesn't have to try to hide anymore. The wife quickly hides in the back with Kiera and the husband tells her that bandits are up ahead. Kiera looks at the sprite and gestures at her wrists and he tells her that only the blood of the Dark Kami Prince can remove them since it was a Shyr Beis that placed them on her. Kiera shakes her head at the inference that she should try to draw blood from me while I am unconscious. Kiera hears voices moving closer to the wagon and she whispers to my body, "Please wake up, my Prince. Wake." She shakes my body hoping that I would stir from my deep slumber. The voices start to move closer around the wagon. The husband asks them how much it will cost to just let him pass so he can return to the village. One of them at the back sniffs the air and catches a whiff of my cologne. They throw open the back flap and notice the two women and my body dressed in strange garbs. The dark sprite isn't a really heavy on offensive magic since he is more of a scientist or engineer sort than a sprite like Diocchus, who has both the scientist side as well as the battle companion aspect. Then again, this one is still young.

He uses a energy strike to knock the first one back when he grabs for Kiera. Two more reach in and grab Kiera first then grab the wife. The man rushes to try and defend his wife and his dagger is knocked out of his hand quickly and a crossbow bolt is lodged into his chest. Kiera tries to scramble over to the husband to help him, but she is grabbed by one of the bandits. He drags her back and pins her on the ground while the wife is seized as well and pinned on the ground. Kiera tries to fight them off and the sprite flies over to me to try and wake me up. When that fails, he tries to help Kiera. Kiera calls out for me and I can actually hear her voice. Suddenly, I feel her fear and her sadness and it channels into more anger for me. One of the bandits can actually see spirits and notices that the dark sprite is there. As he flies towards me, a crossbow bolt is released. My eyes open and the sprite is moved out of the way. The bolt lodges into the frame of the cart of the wagon for a moment before it flies right back at the archer. The bandit pinning down Kiera and the wife and flung off of them. I take on my Dark Kami form as I emerge from the cart in full bestial armor and armament. Kiera looks at me more worried than she was when it seemed like she was going to be defiled. "You pathetic mortals dare touch her!" Blood splatters past me as my left claw tears thru the necks of the first two bandits near me. My tail is whipped to slash across the chest of the next bandit before I thrust my tail into the eye socket of a fourth bandit piercing his skull. One of them tries to get away and I dash after him. Considering my enhanced speed in this form, I catch him in no time and grab him by the throat. Tilting his head to the side, I get ready to bite into his flesh when Kiera walks over and tries to calm the rage that is my spirit. I stab him in the stomach and tell him to deliver a message if he survives. "I will slaughter all who oppose me. There will be no mercy shown for you and I will unleash a flood of bloodshed that will stain your memories for the short remainder of your lives so that when you reach the Hogashi at the gates of the Underworld, you will be to tell either of them that I will send many more souls to them so long as I am trapped here!" I throw his body from my sight causing him to fall, bounce, then roll along the ground.

My attention turns to the white wing next as my eyes fall upon Kiera who bows before I walk over to the sprite to find him hovering over the body of the husband whose life has left him. "Such weakness is of no use to me." Kiera looks at me and tells me that she cannot revive him as her powers are still sealed away by the bracers. I bear my fangs at her and the wife drops into full bow with her head to the ground upon gazing at my dark form before her. "Great Yaksa, please save my husband and I promise to do whatever is asked of me. I will be your faithful servant. Please. He is all I have left." Her body lifts into the air as I speak to her, "What is it that a mortal like you could give me?" The bodies are gathered together telekinetically and I release the wife to think while I dismember the bandits. I needed as many parts as I could get to leave this message. I wanted to make sure that whoever their boss is and any other bosses for that matter saw the fate that was coming for them. Since these bandits have no honor, I have no problem killing them. Kiera walks over and asks me if I am alright. I look at her and this is when it really dawns on me that Kiera is not only out of Onitoshi, but in the Yochi Furi realm with me and a sprite that is not Diocchus. This adds to my confusion and I walk over to the husband's body and my body starts to glow faintly and a dark mist covers his body. Kiera tells the wife that her husband will be returned to the land of the living. The wife rises and removes her clothing as I stand before her. I scoff and shake my head, "Foolish woman! You think carnal knowledge of you is worth a life? Kiera, find a use for her or she dies." Kiera tells me that I need time to recover from what the sprite told her and this would be a prime opportunity to do just that. She is trying to distract me from what she considers savagery. "Kiera, unless you want me to add her to this little collage of mine, do not disturb me without a use for her. I will regain all of my strength and much more soon enough."

While I organize the body parts, the sprite monitors the husband trying to figure out why he hasn't revived yet and Kiera kneels next to the wife, once again fully covered, to ask her what skills or power she possesses. Kiera's sentiment is genuine in wanting to help her. "Loni, he is not angry with you, but he has lost much in a very short period of time and he is trapped in this realm, so he is lashing out at everyone. I need to be able to tell him something b/c as you can see, he wants blood and lots of it. I am trying to calm him, but I do not have access to my powers." The wife, Loni, looks at Kiera quizzically and asks what she means by powers. Loni tells her that she is just a mortal. Kiera nods and realizes that there is a significant difference here than in Onitoshi or the Earth Realm. "I am a spirit in physical manifestation. I am an empath, so I can feel and channel emotions. These bracers block the flow of spiritual energy thru me, so I cannot access my powers." Loni asks how she got them and Kiera glances over at me, "In our Spirit Realm, he is a Prince and ruler of his lands and he was the enemy of my people. My grandfather had captured him in his mortal body. They tortured him and eventually killed him, but in killing his mortal form, they allowed the true spirit within to be unleashed upon our realm. He is a just sovereign, but his fury knows no limitations and with this rage fueling him, I am worried that there is going to be a wave of carnage that this realm has never known if I can't figure out how to calm him or gain access to my powers. His most trusted battle maidens placed these on me at his command and the only way to remove them is with his blood, but there is more to it and only he knows. We need to focus on what you can offer him if you wish to live." Loni thinks and tells Kiera that if I want blood then her village would be happy to see their suffering end. Kiera asks her to explain and Loni nods, "My husband and I come from a small village called Renrut. It is away from the major villages, so we lived in peace for many generations. Due to its distance from others, it started becoming harder to get supplies and that's when merchants started increasing their prices on our village. Around the same time, bandit gangs started to attack the trade roads which caused the merchants to hire mercenary guards. The mercenaries saw what a lucrative life they could have, so different bands migrated to our region and began to extort the villages around the area for protection from one another. The bandits became a smaller threat, which allowed them to continue terrorizing the roads like you see. Our village tries to protect itself but we are not true warriors. The village hunters protect us more than they gather food, so we do not have much in way of a back supply of grain or even meats. We are basically prisoners in our own village. Recently, an illness has been spreading in our village, so we left to try and get supplies. The closest village is Tara Mura, but it is fastest to travel by ship. Only we can't afford to try because the small island is rumored to have a very strange aura about it and mysterious things happen there, plus even if you make it past that island, the pirates control the sliver that is past that separating us for Tara Mura. That is the Pirate's Dagger." Kiera nods understandingly before she stops and looks at Loni, "I think I know how to save you now. Who is the leader of your village?" Loni tells her that there is no true leader of the village. "There is the leader of the Hunters, Nurx. The Spiritual Leader is known only as the Grey Whisper, but she is very old and has named no successor. Why do you ask?"

Kiera brings her over to me as the severed limbs and entrails float in front of me spelling out a message in front of me that I keep changing. "What is her use?" My eyes turn to Kiera and she step closer. "You are confined to this realm until we can figure out how to undo what was done and you want to see the wicked suffer... she can be your guide." I look at Loni then back at Kiera, "This is where I was all these months. I have lived in this realm for quite some time now. So what is she going to guide me to?" Kiera pauses for a moment and when I raise my hand to strike down Loni, she responds, "Your new Xartias! Her people need you, Psyre." A twinge is visible as I tell her not to call me that. "I do not wish to hear that name until I rip it from the heart of..." Trying to force my anger not to swell, I look down at my message and everything moves into place. "There can be only one..." The periods are made with the heads of three bandits being placed on grotesque podiums created from their arms and legs grafted together. One thing that I am proud of is that I managed to organize the severed body parts in a manner that the "o" in the word "only" are made from the eye balls of the bandits. I knew what this message would do. To my surprise, Kiera also knew the purpose behind it, as she informs me, "This will draw out scouts from all parties and they will wonder who you are aligned with." I smile and nod to her before adding, "While they are trying to figure that out, I will use this mortal to feed me target after target. I will bathe in the blood of your enemies. Once I am satisfied, I will decide then if I care to allow your life to continue. For now, you can have your husband back as well."

My body glows and he takes in a deep breath returning to the realm of the living mortals. Loni rushes over to him to hug him. "Sprite, here!" The sprite flies over to me not sure of my attentions, but hoping that it would not lead to its demise. When he arrives, I ask him to identify himself. He tells me that he is one of Master Diocchus' apprentices. "My name is Dainos and I helped my Master with producing your bloodwyne, ambrosia, bathing oils, and other domestic projects like food for the city and those sort of things. I am also skilled at interrogation. Not on my Master's level, but I can be useful there as well. My best talent is that I am an architect and engineer of sorts. I enjoy building things. I was following you after Master Diocchus left to retrieve your personal guard. When it does not anger you so, I will tell you what I saw last night as well as how we came to be here. For now, my Lord, it would be more prudent for you to return to your less intimidating form since we will be making our way to the village of Renrut." Glancing down at my blood covered claws, I smile and close my eyes as I revert to my more humanoid form. My suit that I wore is tattered and I remove the remnants and Dainos flies to the wagon. He goes into the trunk and comes back to cast a refresh spell on me to remove the blood and stench of death from me as well pull out one of my robes. "I have use of a warrior to lead my forces and neither of you are such a being. Kiera... where does your loyalty lie?" She looks at me and tells me that she is afraid of what I will do, but that she is alive because of me and that she has seen the benevolence in me, so she cannot abandon me when things are darkest for me. I feel free and fine to do whatever I want now. I walk over to her and place my hands on the bracers. My body glows with a dark silver aura that Loni and her husband witness as I speak, "Phira sē mukta rahō!" The bracers release and I lift her wrists to my mouth and lick the wounds that remain. The blood dances in my mouth and Dainos quickly retrieves a bottle of bloodwyne and my favorite goblet when he witness my eyes begin to change and my fangs lengthen. "My Prince, drink not from her, but from your goblet." I take the goblet from him and the taste is incredible! Finishing that goblet, I tell him I want more and he tells me that he cannot. "I do not know how long you will be craving like this, my Prince, and I do not feel many strong spirits here to replenish your supply to that caliber. I can however, produce ambrosia for you... more specifically, I know how to make both Red and Purple Ambrosia. Once I am able to construct a laboratory, I can commence producing more than what I brought with us." The craving subsides and I nod to him while Kiera heals herself to seal the wounds to reduce the temptation for me since I would no longer smell the blood.

With the message in place, we get back on the road heading for Renrut after collecting the purses, packs and weapons of the bandits who tried to rob and defile the party while I slept. There would be no further incident on the way back. While I could feel mortals around, they would not attack since I wrote a warning on the side of the wagon's covering daring any to attack it. None wanted to take that chance it would seem. Entering the village, Loni's husband, Mattu, pulls up to their house and several of the other villagers approach the blood covered wagon.

3146/1187

Slayer of Men (Locked)
Poaching Quest (IP)
Hone: Beast - Heightened Senses (2000)
Back to top Go down
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry
Surreal SaDiablo

Female
Number of posts : 3123
Rep! : 257
Registration date : 2009-01-03

PostSubject: Re: Blood for Gold Arc - 2nd Entry: Savior or Destroyer?   Blood for Gold Arc - 2nd Entry: Savior or Destroyer? EmptyMon May 10, 2010 2:02 am

Arriving at the village of Renrut, I seek solace in the first tavern I come to. Wounded, dehydrated, and in dire need of rest, I ease myself in to an empty chair at the far corner of the dining area. The serving wench makes her way to my corner within moments and my order for refreshment is taken with a polite, and mildly curious smile. The past few hours had been interesting to say the least and I was fairly certain that even in my default form, I must look a fright to a simple tavern girl in this all but forgotten village. I knew the basic story surrounding this place, I'd been here a few times before to gather information on one faction for another. I also knew this would be the last place anyone would come to look for me, which makes it the perfect locale for recuperation and laying low. While laying low is not something I have had to do too often, I was well versed in the ways and means of the act. Though I also was not sure there was a true need for it in this instance, I was not too keen on taking chances. It had been quite some time since I botched a job this badly... personally I didn't consider this a case of actual botching, more like a minor bump along the path to acquisition.

My current mission had me in search of a rare animal, a large feline breed to be exact. One of my repeat customers was interested in adding one of this variety to his personal menagerie. Since I am not exactly your typical hunter or trapper, I thought my best bet would be to find someone already in possession of a cub, because it absolutely has to be young enough for easy transport. There is not a snowball's chance in the desert that I could transport a full grown cat beast, nor even one older than a few months. This particular variety of feline reaches the weight of an adult male after only a few moon cycles of life. It just so happened that another wealthy man was blessed with a triple birth of cubs under the last dark moon. With opportunity rising up to kick me square in the seat, I made my plan to infiltrate this wealthy man's compound and liberate one of his three prized cubs, he was blessed with more than he needs so what was the harm in slipping one out? At the time of arrival on the compound property I was confident that my plan was foolproof... I suppose that was my first mistake. Having altered my physical features, as is customary in my profession, I was prepared to gain access to the animals by use of my shadow walking ability under the cover of darkness. This should have come off without a hitch... should being the operative word here... but I forgot to take into account the temperament of the animals themselves.

The cubs were already being housed apart from their mother or father, they were old enough to survive on supplied food rather than mother's milk (which is why I knew one could be taken now and not only be small enough to be carried, but be old enough to thrive and live). I emerged from the shadow cast on the east side of their enclosure in complete silence. The residents and workers of the compound seemed to all be asleep for the night though I expected there to be guards on duty as per the norm for large and expensive places such as this. I watched and waited until I could see the guards making their rounds. There were two of them walking together but they were not entering the structures housing the animals. As they paused to shine their torches in between two structures, I quietly slipped into the door immediately to my right. This brought me to the vestibule area just before the large cage holding the three cubs. The cats awoke upon my entrance but did not make a sound, instead their tiny eyes watched me crouch and wait in the darkness. As soon as the torchlight passed by the window cut into the wall, I moved to the door of the cage. I wasn't sure exactly how much time I had to complete my mission, but I knew the guards shouldn't be back around this way for a while.

Unlocking the latch holding the cage closed, I slipped behind the bars and turned to face the seemingly demure and docile beasts... second mistake for the record, assumptions lead to disaster. One of the little buggars toddled his way over to me, I thought this was a good thing. He seemed to be friendly enough so I figured he would be the one I would take and be out of there in a flash. Then the little shit took a swipe at my leg and let out an unearthly growled sort of hiss... sort of like a cross between the hiss of a common housecat and the growl of a guard dog in full on defense mode. I froze where I stood for a few seconds before remembering that I was at least twenty times the size of this bigmouthed fur ball. I shoved the feisty feline aside with the side of my boot, which was irreparably damaged when he swiped his razor sharp claws over the soft (and unreasonably expensive) leather. Making a mental note to add the price of replacement boots to the customer's tab, I move toward the two cubs still huddled by the far wall watching the interaction between myself and their brother. Bending down and holding my hands out as an invitation worked on one of them. A female I gathered, disengaged herself from the other one and hesitantly padded her way into my hands. Picking her up, noticing that even at this tender young age she was made of pure muscle and made for a hefty load, I cradled her against my chest and prepared to make my exit. The plan was to exit the cage, relatch the door, and then fade into the nearest shadow. Of course this final step would be no trouble because almost the entire floor was cast in shadow at this late hour. Only the long, thin rectangle of light cast by the moon glow through the window was off limits to my abilities.

I had once again made a costly assumption that probably led to my misfortune. When the mouthy one had cried out I figured the guards would disregard the noise as the cubs playing amongst themselves. Obviously I was poorly mistaken because I had no sooner reached out a hand to open the cage door from the inside than the structure door burst open to reveal the two guards. Being caught red handed, I instantly began to slip through the shadow my feet were thankfully planted in, but the noise of the door had evidently startled the sweet and up until now, calm cub in my arms. All of a sudden I was no longer holding a precious baby kitty... now I held a ball of claws and teeth... all of which could already disembowel a gazelle with ease. Her claws raked along my ribs, slicing open long ugly tracts of flesh while her jaws opened around the protruding ridge of my hip bone and sank down in to the tender flesh in front of and behind the scallop of bone. I let out a sharp wail and dropped the man eating... or Kali-eating in this case... beast and continued my hasty exit.

By the time I emerged from the shadows well outside of the compound I could already feel my body, and my dark abilities, working feverishly to knit my rent flesh back together. With the sun already beginning to lighten the horizon, I knew I had to get somewhere safe as quickly as possible. That is when I thought of Renrut. There had been no way to tell if the guards had been summoned only by the pesky cub's cry or if they had been tipped off about my plans. If it was by chance the latter then I would need to hide out for a while or make other arrangements, if it was only the cub then I could try again as soon as I was able to heal. Just as the sun broke over the horizon I stepped out from the dying shadows at the back of the tavern in Renrut... which is where my tale began.

After the food and drink ordered had been devoured, I was ready for some much needed rest... but first I would have to utilize my charms and attempt to find a partner to warm my bed (while stimulating my daylight healing abilities). Much to my dismay the tavern was filled with slim pickings. Most of the patrons were preparing for the long day ahead, not getting ready to pass out for the entire morning. Though luck would prove to be on my side this morning, one fellow had been tardy leaving the establishment the previous night and found himself welcoming the day atop one of the stools set before the bar... I say atop but really he was more slouching to the side and being supported by the sturdy heft of the hardwood, chest high bar. Putting on my best 'come hither' expression and forcing my body to take up a saunter despite the stinging ache coming from my mortally wounded side, I come to stand beside the man and lean against the bar to catch his eye. With my bodice riding low, he was allowed an unfettered view of the promising valley nested between the twin rises of flesh. He was not too far gone in the drink to be aroused by the sight and agreed to accompany me to the room I had just booked. The man was in that perfect state of delirium where I would be able to use him for my purposes without having to actually perform the full sequence of acts, and then could send him on his way after suffering his numerous apologies for ending the festivities so early.

Once safely behind the door of my room, I slip the bodice down only far enough to reveal the globes of desire to his hungry eyes. I couldn't risk alarming him by removing it completely, or even taking off the cloak draped over my shoulders. I did not want him to catch sight of the fresh and still leaking blood. The lowering of the garment proved to be enough for him for the moment and had him stepping forward to take my peaks into his warm, fumbling hands. While he toyed with my nipples, tugging and twisting with no rhythm to speak of, I lowered my mouth to his neck and began the task I brought him here for. Essentially I was sucking the life and vitality from him, but there was no true harm in it. As drunk as he was, he would blame the sluggish and possibly achy feelings later today on the amount of spirits imbibed and while the event was happening his body was being flooded with the greatest pleasure of his life. It took no more than a moment or two to have him spasming and convulsing against my body as release found him still sheathed within his breeches. Pulling back from his neck, I showed a well versed expression of shock and embarrassment. "Forgive me... " I offered to him in a voice fitting a church mouse. He of course stepped fluidly into his role first assuring me that I was not to blame and then apologizing profusely for cutting short our entertainment. Another few moments of this and he was out the door, leaving me able to heal in peace, albeit more slowly than I will once the world is again bathed in darkness but at least the process will continue. I hoped the bleeding would at least have stopped by the time I rose from my slumber.

Hours passed, the sun grew high in the sky before beginning the slow descent back towards the horizon and the coming of night. I was awakened from my restful sleep by something other than sound or motion. There was a feeling... a familiar energy approaching... the nearer it drew, the stronger it became. By the time the source entered the village proper, I was out of bed and hurriedly gathering my few belongings. The emotion and power coming from this acquaintance was far beyond the level I wished to experience from him. While I considered the man a trustworthy ally, I wasn't about to approach him in this current state if avoiding it were at all possible, especially not while weakened by a wound that would undoubtedly kill any normal human.
Back to top Go down
Psi Prince
Mystic Moogle
Psi Prince

Male

PostSubject: Re: Blood for Gold Arc - 2nd Entry: Savior or Destroyer?   Blood for Gold Arc - 2nd Entry: Savior or Destroyer? EmptyMon May 10, 2010 2:50 am

When it stops, we all exit and the villagers look at me and Kiera. Dainos is told to remain hidden because some mortals in this realm can actually see spirits. Dainos tells me that there is a spirit hiding here and I look at him. "She is female and a half-breed, but her spirit half is very strange, my Prince. I do not believe I have met a half-breed like her before." It annoys me a bit that I can't lock on to where this spirit is, but I feel their presence too. I also can't get an accurate reading of their power. Since he is very small and could be mistaken for a small bird, I tell Dainos to find this spirit and bring her to me. Dainos takes off towards the nearest tavern.

Kiera asks about the trunk and I tell her that the mortal male is alive, so he will carry it. "Also, tell him to provide or find lodging. I am in the mood to fight and you don't want me to kill your precious mortals, so you may deal with this. I have... something to tend to." Kiera knowing my personality when I was in Xartias thinks I am planning on going to find a young maiden to bed, but I am in no mood for carnal conquests in backwood villages. I doubt they will even provide proper sport for me. The scent of blood fueled by spirit particles captivates my demonic senses and I grin as I move in the same direction that Dainos proceeded in. My steps are in a slightly faster than normal pace. My heart rate increases as the scent of the blood gets stronger and stronger.

Back at the wagon, Loni notices the pained expression beneath the false image that Kiera is trying to convey and asks her if everything is alright. Kiera smiles and tells Loni, "He wanted to know if you could recommend lodging accommodations for us to stay at while we're here. Also, try not to have many people approach him for now. He is not in the best of moods and it will take some time before... I am completely myself again and able to help calm him." Loni nods in understanding before responding in a hope to provide comfort and ease to Kiera, "We are mere mortals and before a Yaksa like him, we must seem like specks of dust. I worry tho for my friends and family here. I do not know if he will save us or destroy us as well in his cleansing of this land. I will not reveal his identity as a Yaksa though. Mattu will take your things inside and he can have the top floor so that he is closer to the heavens where he may hopefully see his throne. You are a noble priestess of your Yaksa and must be very important to him for him to be banished and find you."

Dainos enters the tavern and looks around trying to locate the female spirit. He sees mostly males as he flies around the tavern looking at the different patrons within.

547/1734

Slayer of Men (Locked)
Poaching Quest (IP)
Back to top Go down
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry
Surreal SaDiablo

Female

PostSubject: Re: Blood for Gold Arc - 2nd Entry: Savior or Destroyer?   Blood for Gold Arc - 2nd Entry: Savior or Destroyer? EmptyMon May 10, 2010 3:01 am

After scrambling to pull my clothes back on, and make sure that all of my blood had not escaped my body through the still open but no longer freely bleeding wounds, I hit the door in a half run. Taking the stairs two at a time, I know that my plan of eating before heading out would have to be scratched since the familiar energy was now steadily growing nearer. I did not assume that he was heading to this establishment but could not be sure since the man was unpredictable by nature. Halfway down the stairs I begin to look for shadows to escape through (not even thinking about it being daylight and the fact that my night time abilities don't work so well) just in case he is on his way to this tavern, but much to my dismay I find that I have chosen the only tavern in the history of this land to be annoyingly well lit, even in the afternoon. Figuring that I would have to exit the building and travel around back... and that's when I see it. I say it because to me it appears to be a glowing orb flitting about the common room of the tavern proper. Obviously no one else in the place could see it... or else they were too busy to notice something glowing and flying about over their heads, but I caught sight of it immediately and had trouble looking away from it as it continued on its path. Trying like hell to pretend I saw nothing at all, I slow my steps and start to move casually for the door. Ten paces away... eight... now six... almost there, only a few more steps and I would be home free...

293/2456
Back to top Go down
Psi Prince
Mystic Moogle
Psi Prince

Male

PostSubject: Re: Blood for Gold Arc - 2nd Entry: Savior or Destroyer?   Blood for Gold Arc - 2nd Entry: Savior or Destroyer? EmptyMon May 10, 2010 3:22 am

Kiera and Loni continue their female bonding and Kiera explaining the situation in slightly growing detail as Mattu carries everything inside. Inside the tavern, Dainos continues to search for the female spirit and stops for a moment looking at one person as he feels the female spirit emerge. He thinks to turn towards her until he realizes that there is no need to do anything. He continues to move around the room in search of the spirit. She would be unhindered on her attempt to escape. As soon as she makes it out of the door tho, she would find that which she was trying to avoid... me. This close to her, I can't help but notice the essence of this female spirit. My fangs are poised to strike and my eyes start to shift from their radiant, almost glowing gold to their more normalized gold/hazel color as I would speak, "Kali? What are you doing here?"

166/1900

Slayer of Men (Locked)
Poaching Quest (IP)
Back to top Go down
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry
Surreal SaDiablo

Female

PostSubject: Re: Blood for Gold Arc - 2nd Entry: Savior or Destroyer?   Blood for Gold Arc - 2nd Entry: Savior or Destroyer? EmptyMon May 10, 2010 3:44 am

My heart surged in my breast as I felt the cool metal of the door handle in my hand, I actually thought in that brief shining moment that I was going to make it. Evidently either the amount of blood lost since the previous night or the adrenaline pumping through my system had weakened the sensing ability that had alerted me to the presence of the familiar energy. I was still thinking he was far enough away but as soon as I made it out of the tavern door I found myself staring right into the very face I was trying to avoid. My gaze honed in on his eyes as they began to shift from the almost eerie glow of a true predator to the more normal gaze I was used to from the man. When he spoke, I felt a crushing guilt surround my heart. How could I tell him the truth, that I was running from him? I didn't feel the extreme rush of emotions coming out at this very second but they were definitely still there, and still incredibly volatile. "I... um... damnit, Psyre... well... initially I came here to hide out for a while, rest up and get back to normal... then I felt you arrive and figured that it would not be such a good idea to cross your path while such turmoil was pulsing through your aura." I knew lying to him would only make the situation worse, but I hoped my truth would not cause him any more pain or anger.

259/2715
Back to top Go down
Psi Prince
Mystic Moogle
Psi Prince

Male

PostSubject: Re: Blood for Gold Arc - 2nd Entry: Savior or Destroyer?   Blood for Gold Arc - 2nd Entry: Savior or Destroyer? EmptyMon May 10, 2010 4:05 am

The other villagers continue to ask Mattu about Kiera after she and Loni walk inside and even more about me and the blood on the wagon. Mattu tells them that he isn't sure what it says and one of the more scholarly villagers looks at it and tells them that it looks very familiar, but that he himself isn't sure, but that he thinks the Grey Whisper would know for sure. With the clamor of the villagers about the bloody wagon and the new arrivals with Mattu and Loni, the Hunters emerge to investigate. The young tribal "officers" full of their bravado come over and ask for answers. Mattu tells them that they were attacked but that they are safe now. One of the officers asks about Kiera and tells Mattu to bring her out so that he can ask her questions and find out why she's here saying that she could be a spy from one of the warlords or from the bandits. Mattu tells him that all of the bandits were killed and that he does not want his guests harassed for no reason. "They are just looking to rest and start over. They recently lost a lot and it would be best not to bother them." In truth, Mattu didn't want the hunter team leaders to die given what his wife told him about my true nature and form and also about the artistic display that he saw me leave.

Dainos waits a moment and follows Kali outside to meet me. He lands on my shoulder as I tell her, "Do not speak that name in my presence again. Do not call me Tyrn either. I no longer possess that name or that title." I pause for a moment and Dainos notes, "My Lord, her wound. She needs rest or Kiera could heal her if the flow of energy has begun again within her." I look at Kali and tell her, "How did you come by those wounds, Kali?" The scent is fresh meaning that the wounds themselves are fresh. This woman and I had history and she was a valuable ally for me, so I was not in support of losing her or her fun and charming personality. I try to suppress my temper as best as I can while I am standing with her. If she was afraid of encountering me then that would hinder my ability to gather my brethren in arms to my cause of bloodshed. There are different mercenary and blade for hire bands that I know for different purposes and right about now. I needed to get message to them, but with Kali needing to recover, I look at Dainos and tell him that his ability to teleport is about to be put to major use tomorrow. I would not send him tonight. I needed to finish recovering myself. "Come, Kali. My Empath is also a healer." With that invitation, I would turn to lead her back to the merchant's house or shop or both... whatever!

530/2430

Slayer of Men (Locked)
Poaching Quest (IP)
Back to top Go down
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry
Surreal SaDiablo

Female

PostSubject: Re: Blood for Gold Arc - 2nd Entry: Savior or Destroyer?   Blood for Gold Arc - 2nd Entry: Savior or Destroyer? EmptyMon May 10, 2010 4:23 am

When the sprite exits the tavern and comes to rest atop the man's shoulder I can't help but roll my eyes. I should have known that something strange in the tavern just after the man entered the village would have something to do with him. Blaming my lack of thinking on the wounds, I shake it off and remind myself that I would be back to my full potential soon enough. I nod slowly as I make a mental note not to use either of the names I know for this man and judging by the shift in his aura while speaking of them, I know better than to ask what has happened to change things too. When the sprite outs me in that same strange accent that had been so difficult to understand when I first met Psyre, telling his master of my wounds, I shake my head before the little guy is even finished speaking. By the time Psyre speaks to ask how I came by them, I am prepared to answer though I hold off until after he extends his offer/command to follow him. "I will come with you but not to be healed, I have a feeling that there is something you need from me now that I am here at your disposal and I cannot allow your healer to expend her energy on me. My wounds are mending even as we speak and will do so more quickly once the sun is gone from the sky." I knew the man was aware of the changes in my strengths and attributes from day to night so I did not feel the need to explain any further. As I fall into step beside but slightly behind the man, I answer the question he directed to me first. "I got them last night... well it was almost morning which is why they are still fresh. I was working an acquisition and misjudged the dangers. Leave it to me to assume that cute and cuddly would still be docile and sweet when thrown into alarm mode."

347/3062
Back to top Go down
Psi Prince
Mystic Moogle
Psi Prince

Male

PostSubject: Re: Blood for Gold Arc - 2nd Entry: Savior or Destroyer?   Blood for Gold Arc - 2nd Entry: Savior or Destroyer? EmptyMon May 10, 2010 4:50 am

The officer sends one of the lower ranking hunters to get the Leader while he tells Mattu to bring the woman out or he'll go in and get her. Mattu tells him that he does not have his permission to do into his house and that it would be best to speak with them later. He looks around hoping that I was not close or would be gone for a while. Kiera feels my essence in the village, not like it's hard to miss, and notices that it calms leading her to think even more that I am currently with a maiden. Hearing the commotion outside of the house, Loni apologizes and Kiera tells her that it will be far worse if I return to witness the commotion. Loni responds, "He has the power to restore life though." Kiera nods and answers, "Yes, he does, but he does not do so often. If you could feel the energy and emotion that he is channeling, you would understand why I need to keep things from escalating." Loni tells her that they are afraid. The door bursts open and hunters rush in after Kiera to take her outside and back to the hut like building that is the Hunters' HQ of sorts.

When she refuses healing, I do not protest it as I know better than to argue with this woman. It rarely ends well for me. I can strategize and outsmart military commanders but outwitting this woman is a far greater challenge I am forced to concede. When she tells me how she received her wounds, despite the rage flowing thru me from recent events, I cannot help but stop in my tracks to look over at her and snicker at her plight. I fight back full laughter as I inquire further, "So you were poaching a cute and cuddly animal and it beat you up?"

Before I can burst into full laughter, Dainos becomes grimly serious in his demeanor and utters, "Oh no. My lord..." Before he can get out the rest, my mind sweeps over his surface thoughts and his thoughts surround Kiera, danger, and mortals. My claws grow slightly longer and I bear my fangs in the direction of Mattu and Loni's house. "These mortals must learn their place!" Dainos speaks, "My lord, please... control your temper. The humans are afraid. Have patience." A dark silvery light would surround all three of us and move us to outside of the house as we shimmer into sight to see Kiera being forcefully brought outside. My entire body glows with a dark, intimidating aura. Knowing that Kali is wounded, Dainos moves over towards Kali. My gaze turns to her briefly, "Atma silda, raksa Kali!" Kali would notice a shield form in front of her as my attention is turned to the Hunters. They ready their weapons and I look at them. Kiera still tries to defend these pathetic insects.

514/2944

Slayer of Men (Locked)
Poaching Quest (IP)
Back to top Go down
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry
Surreal SaDiablo

Female

PostSubject: Re: Blood for Gold Arc - 2nd Entry: Savior or Destroyer?   Blood for Gold Arc - 2nd Entry: Savior or Destroyer? EmptyMon May 10, 2010 5:34 am

And here I was ready to act all indignant because the man looks as if he is ready to laugh at me, and he even begins to question my unfortunate mission the night before... I thought his emotions were calming, that things were going to settle down... and then the sprite speaks again. Just from the expressions and the tone of their voices I knew something was very wrong, I had no idea how wrong until the man portaled us to the location of the issue. Before I could step forward and attempt to use my skills in the areas of charming and/or calming masses to try and quell the uprising, the sprite flies over to me and the man actually has the nerve to turn and cast a shield before me. Injured or not, I am no weak or delicate human, plus some of the people in this village know me, though they know me as the girl who comes to town with a traveling merchant cart and peddles mediocre wares. Being my strong willed (or bull headed) self, I am ready to go ahead and step forward anyway to do what I can to help while ignoring the current state of my health and energy reserves... that is until I actually stop to look at the man I tentatively call friend. I had seen him in many different ways over our short time of being acquainted but never like this. The strength of the emotions no longer radiating from him but now shooting out were almost painful to my heart, as if what he was feeling inside was shooting directly from him and into my weakened form. I would not defy his wishes in this moment, not because I feared he would turn on me, but because I could not bear the thought of making what he was feeling any worse. Though I would not actively step up outside of the protection Psyre offered me, especially not in my default form, I would do what I could to try and rectify the situation.

The leader of the small group of men had frequented my cart on most visits to this village, I was vaguely familiar to him and tried to catch his eye. Of course he was more concerned with my companion and the fearsome bloodlust that I could only assume was shining in his eyes. Since I could not get the man's attention to try and persuade him to reconsider, I did the only other thing I could think of. Lifting my hands toward the heavens, I call out to the Blessed Mother, chanting for her divine intervention. I learned long ago that it really didn't matter how I worded my spells, as long as I got the message across and had the desire for action to back them up so coming across as some religious nut when I needed a magical boost was better than just being a nut and finding myself tied to a burning stake. The dome of protection, clear with a slight tint of violet, formed over the are where Psyre and I stood with the sprite. This would not only protect us from the weapons in the hands of the men but protect them from our attacks to a certain extent. Once the shield was in place, I called out to the leader... trying to appeal to the decency I had once seen in him... that there was a grave misunderstanding and that we could explain everything should he give us a chance. I wasn't sure any of this would work, and figured that anything Psyre could do in this current state would be much stronger than my shield could prevent, but I couldn't just stand back and watch my friend give in to whatever was eating away at his soul.
639/3701
Back to top Go down
Psi Prince
Mystic Moogle
Psi Prince

Male

PostSubject: Re: Blood for Gold Arc - 2nd Entry: Savior or Destroyer?   Blood for Gold Arc - 2nd Entry: Savior or Destroyer? EmptyMon May 10, 2010 6:54 am

Dainos was seriously worried now. Kali had just cast some spell and it looked like a barrier of some sorts. Well this was definitely more impressive than mine. Showoff. On the verge of transforming into my Dark Kami form, I give the mortals one chance to save themselves. "Take your hands off of her now, you filthy insects!" My tone of voice is slow and filled with the anger trying to be restrained. The hunter holding her has a shaky hand and Kiera tries to speak to him to get him to put down his blade. The leader tells her to shut up then notices Kali, "Lady Vaishya?" Kiera tells the others to drop their weapons and they begin to do so when the leader feeling like he is losing control over the situation smacks her to silence her. Dainos vanishes from sight when that happens and before the leader is able to turn around, the one that was holding her is flung into the air and my true form is revealed!

In what seems like an instant, Kali would notice my robes fly off of me as my body dashes forward. A long black tail that seems similar to that of a lion extends from my back. My body is slightly more muscular and my skin is much darker, but more vibrant in its color. Full length claws extend from the back of my hands, my ears look more pointed like subtle elf ears. My hair darkens as well. Body armor forms over my frame and my tail and claws take on a more metallic appearance. My tail lashes out and wraps around the leader's throat and squeezes quickly turning his face pale. The body of the hunter that was holding Kiera "hostage" is lifted into the air telekinetically.

Dainos appears next to Kali again and as my right claw moves to disembowel the group leader, a shield blocks it. A grey cloak appears before me and within it is an old woman. Her voice is soft like a whisper, but I can hear it as clear as any other. She quickly kneels before me and pleads in the ancient tongue, "Kr̥payā dayā karō, Krōdha ki Yakṣsa!" She repeats the request for mercy over and over again. Krōdha ki Yaksa? They think I am the Demigod of Fury. Krōdha. I like that name. I think it sends the proper message. My tail slams him on the ground and recoils around my waist then hangs behind me. A sound of disgust releases from me as I look at the hunters and the old woman who I assume is this Grey Whisper begs for their forgiveness in the Ancient tongue. My response is sharp in the same tongue, "Your dogs dare to lay hands on MY Empath! I should strangle him with his own entrails! I have harmed none of your mortal people and that dog strikes what is mine!" The Grey Whisper requests an opportunity to correct the transgressions against me and Kiera.

Looking over at Kali, I know that I need to keep her reputation intact. My attention shifts to Kiera who is helped back to her feet by the old woman and the coming bruise is "brushed away." Kiera thanks her and walks over to me. She places her hand on my chest and I bear my fangs at her with a feral snarl before she uses one of her empathic ability to force a calm to overcome and I revert back to my human form. Looking at the Grey Whisper, I tell her with a soft yet deadly serious tone, "You have two days. If anything happens to Kiera, I will flay all of you and build a house out of bones and skin in the center of this village. You already know that I am serious. You saw my message to your bandits. I can focus my rage and fury on them or on all of you. You decide." My eyes remain locked on the old woman as I await her response.

My mind reaches out to Kali, "As soon as you're healed, we're going to retrieve this cute and cuddly animal of yours. We need to protect your reputation after all." I knew she wouldn't like to hear me imply that she needed my help, which is exactly why I said, but if her senses were back up to par, she would also notice a distinct shift in my emotional tone and aura. This also let me know that Kiera's powers are starting to return... only time will tell if that is a true blessing or a curse.

814/3758

Slayer of Men (Locked)
Poaching Quest (IP)
Back to top Go down
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry
Surreal SaDiablo

Female

PostSubject: Re: Blood for Gold Arc - 2nd Entry: Savior or Destroyer?   Blood for Gold Arc - 2nd Entry: Savior or Destroyer? EmptyMon May 10, 2010 7:15 pm

For a very small moment in time I actually thought my little plan might work. Psyre wasn't attacking and the hunters weren't either. The one I recognized had finally noticed my presence and even remembered my name. My growing bubble of hope was quickly popped when things turned pear shaped with the woman speaking to the other men, getting them to start lowering their weapons, and making the senior ranking one feel as if he is losing his hold on the situation. When he lashes out to smack the female I flinched and lowered my eyes. I knew this probably would not end well for him now that he had struck out against the woman Psyre wanted to save. With my eyes lowered I did not immediately see Psyre lose his robes or notice the change in his body as he moved forward. Only after I forced myself to look up, initially to figure out where the sprite suddenly vanished to, did I see the new form my friend was projecting.

While I am not accustomed to seeing people sporting tails or full size claws, I can't honestly say these changes shocked me. I would never think to give myself a tail when taking on an illusionary form but there have been many instances when my hands have been accented with claws or lengthened nails for one purpose or another. As Psyre's tail wraps about the man's throat, I try to look away once more. I would never try to come between the transformed man and his chosen prey but I did not want to watch him take the man's life either. While my eyes are averted and I am under the assumption that my friend is fully enjoying his kill, the sprite reappears next to me. I am not sure if his presence at this moment is a good sign or a bad one but since it is different I decide that taking a tiny glance at the action ahead of me isn't such a bad idea. What I see is the hunter's midsection protected from Psyre's claws by a shield I did not recognize. Then my eyes shift to the form of the elder woman kneeling before my friend pleading sincerely in the old tongue.

Unable to make out everything she says, generally assuming it is a plea due to the tone of her weak and whispered voice, I do happen to catch the title she wraps up her opening statement with. Did she just name him what I think she said? Great, as if the man wasn't already a prime candidate for ego over inflation, let's just name him a demigod of fury and pump another few hundred gallons of power into that head. Despite my personal feelings on flattering the enraged male, the elderly woman seemed to know what she was doing. He seemed to be calming down, at least enough to hear her out without slitting her throat. His response to her is sharp and still filled with anger, which makes me jump again and swear softly under my breath (only because I actually jumped like some skittish child when he lashed out verbally), but again I found hope in the fact that he did not sever her aged head from the time battered body.

What happens next puzzles me to no end. After speaking harshly to the old woman, the man actually glances back at me. Seriously dude? You're having a heated discussion with the spiritual leader of the village who is pleading for you to not slaughter her people and you're really going to time out of this busy interaction to glance back at me... the chick who is still protected not only by the shield you already cast over me but one of my own as well? Sometimes I give myself headaches trying to figure out why men act the way they do or how their thought processes work. Luckily for Psyre, his attention shifts to the other woman he feels protective of before I can give him a very sassy look and quite possibly stick my tongue out at him for being so easily distracted.

Once the other young female is back on her feet and relieved of her forming bruise, I watch as she steps to Psyre and somehow gets him to return to his normal form, all while ignoring his snarling fangs. She is definitely a better woman than I. Were that me trying to calm him down or snap him out of that form, I would have gone with a completely different approach... which could have easily resulted in my demise... so yeah, better for his Empath to take on that task. When he calms somewhat and begins to speak again to the elder woman I think everything is going to be fine and dandy... until my thoughts are interrupted by his being projected into my mind. I really hat eit when he does this, especially when he is in the middle of a much more important conversation. I mean, if he was to telepathically offer strategic moves while we're fighting off bandits, fine. But while negotiating or laying out the terms of this tentative peace agreement with the village priestess? There are hundreds of moments better suited for teasing me telepathically.

And that's another thing that this time does earn his back a nice wave of the tongue and leaves my lips formed into an unhappy pout... just because some cute, cuddly animal got in a sucker swipe on me last night does NOT mean I need his help to complete my mission. Nor do I need his assistance in protecting my reputation, if anything cavorting with him would ruin the upstanding respectable reputation I have as a simple merchant woman... while at the same time boosting the underground rep I have as an acquisition specialist. Being associated with this man is definitely a double edged sword for a girl like me. Since the man was obviously calmer and more balanced than he had been earlier, I wasn't going to make a big deal of the mental offense. Not yet anyway, not in the presence of mixed company.
1031/4732
Back to top Go down
Psi Prince
Mystic Moogle
Psi Prince

Male

PostSubject: Re: Blood for Gold Arc - 2nd Entry: Savior or Destroyer?   Blood for Gold Arc - 2nd Entry: Savior or Destroyer? EmptyTue May 11, 2010 1:20 am

The Grey Whisper tells me that Kiera will be fine b/c she will stay at the Grey Whisper's house with her acolytes and that she will speak to the Leader of the Hunter, Nurx, when he returns from a hunting party. I look to Kiera who nods to me in agreement with the plan. Turning towards Kali or more so, Dainos, my body glows faintly as I speak to him telepathically, "Dainos, remain with Kiera and keep her company. Keep watch over the mortal that has magic. Most mortals here do not possess such powers as they do in your realms. I no longer considered them my realms anymore since I would never be able to return.

The Grey Whisper tells the other Hunters to restrain and hold the young group leader in confinement until Nurx returns. They obey and take him away. The Grey Whisper asks if I require anything and I tell her that I will be leaving to help tie up some loose ends. My attention returns to Kali and I speak into her mind again, but this time it is audible to her so it sounds like I'm speaking to her, but she wouldn't see my mouth move and no one else would see her. One of the reasons I do this is to see if she'll answer out loud again. When she did that I couldn't stop laughing! My voice speaks, "Heal up and I'll come get you after the sun has retired for the night." If she did not stop me, I would walk and speak with the Grey Whisper in private. I needed some information and she tells me exactly what I need to know. This would work out very well. Time to remove an enemy component from the field, but first I need the bait.

I would wait at least a good 30 minutes or so after the moon takes its place in the night sky before I go to retrieve Kali. A grab and go mission, eh? These are fun, though given my current lack of stability, I think I'll subtract the fun aspect from this mission.

371/4129

Slayer of Men (Locked)
Poaching Quest (IP)
Back to top Go down
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry
Surreal SaDiablo

Female

PostSubject: Re: Blood for Gold Arc - 2nd Entry: Savior or Destroyer?   Blood for Gold Arc - 2nd Entry: Savior or Destroyer? EmptyTue May 11, 2010 1:45 am

After watching the resolution take place, I notice Psyre turn his attention toward me. Evidently now that everyone else has been dealt with it is my turn. Even though I know for a fact that the man can choose to communicate either by mouth or by thought, I seem to almost always fall for his little trick of speaking mentally but making me hear his voice instead of just catching the thoughts he projects, so of course since I'm a little off my game at the moment, he decides that messing with me and making me look absolutely batty is a good idea... "Alright, see you th... dammit!" Ooooh, he is so lucky I'm injured and hungry. If my side wasn't beginning to ache all over again... and my tummy was not currently reading me the riot act for skipping out on food when I was trying to sneak out of the tavern... I would so try and make him pay for that incredibly mean trick. Instead I just think a number of very colorful phrases and threats that should make even one as worldly and experienced as him widen his eyes and then turn to make my way back into the center of the village to the tavern I so recently abandoned for a nice big meal and possible even another unsuspecting victim to leech off of for a while.

231/4963
Back to top Go down
Psi Prince
Mystic Moogle
Psi Prince

Male

PostSubject: Re: Blood for Gold Arc - 2nd Entry: Savior or Destroyer?   Blood for Gold Arc - 2nd Entry: Savior or Destroyer? EmptyTue May 11, 2010 4:33 am

My spirits remain elevated as I enter the tavern thinking back to the little prank I played earlier and the foul reaction that I mentally witnessed. Now true granted those were her thoughts, but still. Heading up the stairs, I think to shimmer inside of her room until I remember that she's wounded and probably engaged in some carnal act. I stand outside the door and my body starts glowing as I flex my aura to draw her attention and let her know that we should get moving. I recall to mind what the Grey Whisper said to me, "If you are planning on gaining an audience with the Tribal Warlord, Bivel, then you will want to bring a rare and exotic animal to him to be sold for addition to his menagerie." That is exactly what I plan to do in this situation. If Kali decided to raid this place instead of capturing one of these creatures, then there must be more exotic trophy pets that I could acquire and bring back to this island. From there, my fun will begin.

While I am waiting outside, Dainos appears and asks when he should start visiting the mercenary bands and blades for hire. I tell him that it is easiest for them to see him at night. He looks at me intently and I begin "transmitting" images and instructions for how to approach the different forces. I give him the priority list as well because the main group I want are my boys that were with me in Hejar and moved out towards the Great Forest in the West. Now it would be time to bring them into the fold here. Dainos nods accepting his mission to be my envoy and vanishes again. He might not have Diocchus' strength and command of offensive magic, but I am taking quite the liking to the little dark sprite.

329/4458

Slayer of Men (Locked)
Poaching Quest (IP)
Back to top Go down
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry
Surreal SaDiablo

Female

PostSubject: Re: Blood for Gold Arc - 2nd Entry: Savior or Destroyer?   Blood for Gold Arc - 2nd Entry: Savior or Destroyer? EmptyTue May 11, 2010 11:41 pm

My first order of business upon returning to the tavern was to find a seat and order a nice large spread of food along with plenty to drink. When I was about halfway through the meal I noticed a strapping young man enter the tavern and take a seat at the bar. He seemed to be alone but friendly with all of the current patrons. I continued working my way through the ample portions of food still on my plate while keeping an eye and ear on the attractive labor worker. A few times I caught his eyes when I would glance his way but he would quickly turn back to face the bar whenever caught. It was an interesting little cat and mouse game for a while. Then the serving woman came to clear away my empty dishes and brought with her a goblet of mid shelf wine. In response to my puzzled expression, she shrugged her shoulder and informed me that the young man had asked her to bring it to me. I chuckled at the thought and remarked on how he must want to get me drunk so he can take advantage of me. The serving woman did not seem to find my comment funny in the least, instead she nodded her head and said that it would not surprise her if that was his exact intention. As she headed away from my table, I lifted the goblet in salute to the young man who was now openly watching me and waved a hand in invitation at the empty chair across from mine.

He came over to join me moments later and we struck up a highly typical tavern room conversation. I learned his name, occupation, and some random details about his family life while offering a few tidbits of information about myself... not necessarily about my real self, but what he didn't know wouldn't hurt him, right? By the time I finished the goblet of wine he was ready to order me another but I was ready for something just a bit stronger. Taking his hand, I led him up the stairs to the room I had slept in this morning and unceremoniously shoved him inside. I'm sure he thought I was aggressively desperate to have him in my bed, which is precisely what I wanted him to think, but at this point I still had not decided just how far he would get.

Almost immediately he made a move that would ultimately lead to my decision on whether he would make it to the bed or not. As I turned my back to him to secure the door, he dropped his trousers to bare himself in full glory to me. Glory, shockingly enough, was the operative term in his case. The man was hung like a demigod and that was more than enough to inspire me to take him up on the full offer. Creating an illusion that the flesh of my side and hip were flawlessly healthy, I followed suit and allowed my clothes to fall to the floor. After enjoying his low whistle of appreciation and the huskily whispered compliments, I stepped forward, allowing him to take me into his well muscled arms and carry me to the bed.

Little more than an hour later, with him working toward his fourth finish and me still waiting for my first, I felt my attention being drawn to the door. Rolling my eyes at the 'aura flex' move, I give a little flex of my own causing the young man to hiss and groan as I forcefully push him over the edge for the last time. Nothing sucks more than finding a man blessed with amazing equipment but not even a clue as to how to properly use it. Too bad there wasn't enough time in the day to teach the lad how to use his impressive limb for good. Oh well, c'est la vie and all that jazz. Now that he was finished, I rose from the bed and began to gather up my clothes, dropping the illusion of being fully healed in the process. Once the illusion was dropped I was able to confirm that the sun had been down for at least a little while since the previously torn flesh was knitted back together and now barely appeared as reddish purple lines drawn beneath the surface.

The young man fought to pick his exhausted head up from the pillow and ask me where I was going. To which I responded that I had business to take care of and that he was welcome to sleep it off here in my room, he had already had quite a bit to drink before I even started leeching his life force so a nice long nap would do him good. I wouldn't be coming back to this particular room tonight, if for some reason I even returned to this village I would be sure and find other lodging arrangements. Bidding him a rushed goodbye, I moved for the door and flung it open to reveal the man probably tired of waiting by now. I could have always opened the door nude and dressed on the way but I didn't want to risk derailing his mind from the task at hand. "Hi honey! So nice of you to come and wake me from my nap." I knew the young man couldn't see who I was speaking to, and that the bed was out of view of the open doorway so I didn't see the harm in having a little fun with the poor well endowed but unskilled human.
942/5905
Back to top Go down
Psi Prince
Mystic Moogle
Psi Prince

Male

PostSubject: Re: Blood for Gold Arc - 2nd Entry: Savior or Destroyer?   Blood for Gold Arc - 2nd Entry: Savior or Destroyer? EmptyWed May 12, 2010 1:05 am

It is while I am waiting that I notice her aura response, as if I couldn't have figured out her definition of healing. It is of no consequence though as waiting for nightfall would provide more concealment. I anticipate that the owner of this menagerie we are about to raid will have guards posted in the room this time, so the less they see, the better... who am I kidding? I'm probably going to rip out their throats and feed their carcasses to the animals in the menagerie. I put the overly graphic and violent thoughts out of my mind when I sense her moving closer.

As the door opens and she begins with "Hi honey..." the first thought is to just look left and right and play the jealous husband or lover just to ruin all her fun in this tavern, but I hold back the urge and simply return in kind. "Of course, dear. I missed you oh so much. (Switching to a normal tone and more personal volume, I continue.) Now, let's be serious. Since I know how much you enjoy it when I'm inside of you... I mean your thoughts. Show me our destination." I extend my hand to her and once I have her hand and the thought I need, we would shimmer out of sight. In this village, I have no care for discretion anymore.

When we arrive at our destination, I pause and look around prepared to strike at the first sight of a guard person or animal.

264/4722

Slayer of Men (Locked)
Poaching Quest (IP)
Back to top Go down
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry
Surreal SaDiablo

Female

PostSubject: Re: Blood for Gold Arc - 2nd Entry: Savior or Destroyer?   Blood for Gold Arc - 2nd Entry: Savior or Destroyer? EmptyWed May 12, 2010 1:44 am

Pulling the door shut behind me just as my companion finishes telling me, falsely of course, how much he has missed me, I begin to move with him along the hallway. Then he just has to take my innocent little game to a totally different, and not to enjoyable, level. When you tell anyone not to think of something, they automatically begin to think of nothing but that off limits thought. The same is true when someone arouses such striking imagery with their words. Though he tried to act like he did not intend for his words to imply what they did, I knew better and thus tried in vain to fight the various images of how he would come to be inside of me. His little order to show him our destination would be delayed somewhat by the internal struggle presently taking place in my thoughts.

Lying on my back, knees holding tight to his naked hips, his powerful body thrust.... butterflies, waterfalls, rainbows... Psyre laying on his back, his hands cupping my breasts, my legs straddling his body while I steadily and desperately piston myself on his engorged... thunderstorms, lightning, earthquakes, apple sized hail... Being slammed against a rough hewn wall of stone, Psyre's strong hands gripping the globes of my ass, ankles locked tightly behind his back as every movement of his body sends mine into spasms of unbearable pleasure... (Son of a bitch! Will this ever end?!?)... Mass slaughter, decapitation, evisceration, bodies twisted in agony, children ravaged by plague... Lying by myself on a bed of feathers gazing peacefully up at the ceiling above, (finally something without him in it)... glancing down to see Psyre's face grinning up at me from between my thighs, (oh gods no!!!)... the warmth of his tongue snaking its way over my passion heated lips... the feisty feline from the night before, his cute and deceivingly docile sister, the atrium of the structure they are housed in, the shadowy area on the safe side of the gate...(FINALLY! It's about damn....) ... Psyre's head thrown back in ecstasy, a bestial growl sounding from deep within his chest, a flood of warmth filling my... (FUCK!!! I give up!)

At least the flash of the area I was able to bring to mind was enough to guide him. As we emerged in the vestibule of the cage house where the young felines were kept I am shocked to find there are no posted guards. It doesn't make sense to not have guards here to protect the cubs the night after they catch someone in the process of trying to steal one. Does this dude just not care if I take one? That is about the time my eyes adjust to the darkness in the structure, specifically the area beyond the bars of the cage. There are three small outlines of cubs in deep, cuddly slumber... but they are all snuggled up against one very huge outline of something no longer sleeping. The glow of the moon glints off of the beast's eyes and I swallow the lump forming in my throat. "Those bastards." I whisper softly as I turn to look at the brains of the operation and think, 'What now, Boss?'
538/6443
Back to top Go down
Psi Prince
Mystic Moogle
Psi Prince

Male

PostSubject: Re: Blood for Gold Arc - 2nd Entry: Savior or Destroyer?   Blood for Gold Arc - 2nd Entry: Savior or Destroyer? EmptyThu May 13, 2010 6:42 am

The flurry of sensual thoughts that flow towards the surface of her mind make me snicker. I hold back the urge to remark, "Oh my Kali... such vivid thoughts you are having of me. I'm flattered, really." Standing in the darkness, my attention is directed towards the cage that Kali is looking at. I look at her then at the cat, "I suppose I have to do everything? Very well." Looking into the eyes of the beast, I speak to the adult feline as the cage is telekinetically unlocked, "I need a favor from you. Well, two actually. I need you to wake your young and bring them to me. You are a beautiful and majestic creature and should not be trapped in a cage. Come with me and I will show you a place where you can be free and enjoy the wild with your cubs." (Psyche: Influence) The cage door opens and I prepare a portal spell to take us out of this room. Switching to speak to Kali telepathically, "Would you prefer to deliver an adult or a cub to your employer? I don't suppose you have something to use to put your package to sleep, do you?" There are benefits to both, especially since this adult is female, but a cub generally has a longer life expectancy. Looking at the small feline, I realize that this will make an amazing pet, companion, and most importantly, guardian for Kiera. I make the decision that I will be keeping one of them for myself... technically myself. I would need another to gain access to the tribal warlord, Bivel.

I visually scan the room for something else of interest before turning my attention back to Kali to see how she wanted to proceed. I really didn't want to spend all night inside the mind of a feral feline. They have very strange thought patterns and mental environments.

336/5058

Slayer of Men (Locked)
Poaching Quest (IP)
Back to top Go down
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry
Surreal SaDiablo

Female

PostSubject: Re: Blood for Gold Arc - 2nd Entry: Savior or Destroyer?   Blood for Gold Arc - 2nd Entry: Savior or Destroyer? EmptySat May 15, 2010 3:26 am

"Oh like you've ever done everything." I say with a sassy shake of my head and show of my tongue. Male bravado drives me so crazy sometimes. Waiting patiently in the shadows while he plays his little 'Cat Whisperer' role, I ignore his comment about having some way to put the cub I choose to sleep. As long as he doesn't do anything stupid I won't need to put the sweet female cub to sleep. The only reason she had attacked me before was because the guards startled her, she was perfectly fine in my arms before that moment and I was almost certain she would be again. My big worry was that mama kitty was in the cage now and I could possibly still smell like half eaten meat to her. Hopefully Psyre's mojo would distract her long enough for me to scoop up the docile female and get back out of the cage, though with the cage door open I wasn't too sure how that would work.

Once it seemed like he had the mother feline subdued enough, I dissolve into the shadow I've been standing in and appear along the far edge of the cage, farthest from the mama cat's head just in case. Bending down, careful to avoid Mr. Cranky-Butt this time, I gently slide my hands beneath the female cub from the night before. She seemed to recognize my scent and tucked her head into the crook of my arm as if to apologize for what she had done. Not wasting any more time, I step back into the shadow and reappear in my former spot next to my partner in this crime. Just in case the female cub got startled again, I made sure to keep a firm grip on her and position her paws where they wouldn't be able to do nearly as much damage as before.
314/6757
Back to top Go down
Psi Prince
Mystic Moogle
Psi Prince

Male

PostSubject: Re: Blood for Gold Arc - 2nd Entry: Savior or Destroyer?   Blood for Gold Arc - 2nd Entry: Savior or Destroyer? EmptySat May 15, 2010 3:46 am

The Mama Kitty pads out of her cage and makes her way over to me. I kneel down in front of her as she grumbles at Kali and the sight of her young. I return the growl with a show of my fangs. "Calm yourself. She will not harm your young." Raising my hand towards the others, they approach after their mother who calls for them. My eyes glance at the door. The lone male of the group looks at Kali holding his sister and drops into pouncing position. The mother looks at me then at him before she moves out of the way. The second female cub looks at him and my eyes glow as I glare at him. "He is perfect. He will stay with me. I like his ferocity and he's protective." Turning specifically to Kali, "Give that one there to your client. That cub seems to like you." Rubbing the head and scratching behind the ears of the Mama, I smile at her, you are coming with me to terminate a problem, but you will have to return her to breed more cubs. We should go." Barring any objections, a shimmer of light would sweep thru the room and teleport the two of us and the felines out of this room and head to a small hideout that Kali and I used as a meeting place a couple of times. If the villagers were afraid before, I would most likely slaughter them if they attacked one of the cubs.

271/5329

Slayer of Men (IP)
Poaching Quest (IP)
Back to top Go down
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry
Surreal SaDiablo

Female

PostSubject: Re: Blood for Gold Arc - 2nd Entry: Savior or Destroyer?   Blood for Gold Arc - 2nd Entry: Savior or Destroyer? EmptySat May 15, 2010 6:17 pm

There were no objections from me when it came time to leave the structure containing the cage, though I was a bit skeptical when it came to taking the mother with us. I trusted that the man knew what he was doing so I of course went along with it. When we emerged from the portal in the small hideout place we had used for meetings a few times, I set down the cub I was quickly coming to favor and moved a bit closer to the mother. Hoping she wouldn't take offense at this, I held out my hand for her to sniff as I spoke to her in a calm voice. "What he says is true, I will not hurt your cubs, any of them. The one I take to raise will be treated with kindness and respect. I will give her a good home and life, you have my word." It probably seemed girly to Psyre for me to try and talk to this huge feline predator, but I felt it necessary to assure her that I would take care of her cub. If the mama kitty didn't eat me for talking to her, I would turn to look at the man with the plan and as what next step on the agenda would come first. Would we deal with his warlord or my client?

228/6985
Back to top Go down
Psi Prince
Mystic Moogle
Psi Prince

Male

PostSubject: Re: Blood for Gold Arc - 2nd Entry: Savior or Destroyer?   Blood for Gold Arc - 2nd Entry: Savior or Destroyer? EmptySat May 15, 2010 11:04 pm

The Mama Kitty does not move or make a gesture towards Kali for a moment while she approaches. When the hand moves towards her, she sniffs at the woman's hand and flicks her tongue at it. Due to the power and abrasiveness of the mother's tongue, she does not lick the hand, but upon confirming that she is not a threat, the mother lays down. I look at the male feline as he pads around the area without a care in the world. He seems to be on patrol or something which causes my smile to widen at the sight. I think about what I wish to name him and for some reason, the first name that comes to my mind is "Shira Khan" or maybe just Khan. I like that name, Khan. It sounds powerful, but I already know that Kiera will wish to pick a name that isn't as intimidating or something of that nature.

My attention is drawn to Kali as she inquires about the next step of the plan. "To economize on time, you should see to things with your employer and then if you want, join me at Bivel's place. Though... it is probably going to get very bloody and very feral so you might want to leave your cub here with her brother. I'm taking the mother with me. After things are finished there, I'll return the mother to the cage and once we are settled back at Renrut, there are a couple of matters that I wish to discuss with you. Any objections?" I continue to pet the mama kitty while I am speaking to Kali. Such a beautiful killer she is...

292/5621

Slayer of Men (IP)
Poaching Quest (IP)
Back to top Go down
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry
Surreal SaDiablo

Female

PostSubject: Re: Blood for Gold Arc - 2nd Entry: Savior or Destroyer?   Blood for Gold Arc - 2nd Entry: Savior or Destroyer? EmptySat May 15, 2010 11:30 pm

I was pleased and even a little humbled by the mother cat's response, then once Psyre began to answer my question I found myself starting to get annoyed. The man saved himself by quickly following his 'though it might get very bloody and feral' warning with 'so you might want to leave your cub here' to make sure I knew he wasn't trying to say that I couldn't handle bloody and feral. Shaking my head to answer his final question of objections, I bend down and extend a hand to my precious cub. Once she pads over, I lovingly pet her soft furry head while speaking in a gentle, soothing voice. "Alright, Shere Khushi, you stay here with your brother while we go take care of some business. I promise that I will be back for you as soon as possible." Picking the cub up, cradling her against my chest, I place a soft kiss atop her head before setting her back to the ground where she can go play with her brother. Turning as I stand, I look to the man and move toward the other female cub. "That sounds fine to me. I should not be delayed long with my client (adding a bit of emphasis to the word to make the point that he is not my employer but a client I choose to work for) and will meet you there when I am finished. Shere and the male will be fine here alone while we are gone, won't they?" I knew this place was more or less unused by anyone other than us but there was always a chance of some other faction chancing upon it and taking over. Just because it stands empty now... and looks as unused as it always has... doesn't mean there haven't been visitors. Picking up the other female cub, careful to position her claws and mouth well away from my tender meat just in case she was more like the brother cub, I would wait for Psyre's assurance before sinking into the shadows to complete my mission.

347/7332
Back to top Go down
Psi Prince
Mystic Moogle
Psi Prince

Male

PostSubject: Re: Blood for Gold Arc - 2nd Entry: Savior or Destroyer?   Blood for Gold Arc - 2nd Entry: Savior or Destroyer? EmptySun May 16, 2010 12:03 am

"They will be fine, Kali. By the way, you do realize that she is a predator and not a pooch, don't you? You're going to make her soft. Khan, protect your sister and this lair. Anyone you don't recognize is free to be your chew toy!" I transmit the images of my words at the same time that I am speaking to him. He lets out a growl at me to confirm that he understands and I communicate with the Mama Kitty telepathically to bring her over to me. Deciding that it would be fun to take another shot at Kali before I leave, I remark, "Client, huh? So that's what you call them these days? Interesting." My body would glow and the Mama Kitty and I would shimmer out of sight with a smile on my face.

We reappear outside of the warlord's village and I feel around for any scouts. They aren't here. No matter. Guess I don't get to kill anyone yet. I traverse down the path towards the village with Mama Kitty walking calmly next to me. She's a pretty nice companion, she just hangs out and snuggles against my legs and around them as we walk. I scratch her head for her as we walk. While we are walking, I show her the images of feral predators that I have known from Onitoshi and some that I have encountered in this realm to remind her of her true nature. I want her nice and ready.

267/5888

Slayer of Men (IP)
Poaching Quest (IP)
Back to top Go down
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry
Surreal SaDiablo

Female

PostSubject: Re: Blood for Gold Arc - 2nd Entry: Savior or Destroyer?   Blood for Gold Arc - 2nd Entry: Savior or Destroyer? EmptySun May 16, 2010 12:35 am

"Yes I realize that and I will not make her soft, you watch and see." My departure was delayed by his smart ass remarks and my making sure I got the last word. As he and the mama cat begin to portal away I yell after him that once Shere grows up, i will let her eat him. Still grumbling about his teasing, I dissolve into the shadow of the hideout and head off to deliver the third cub to my client.

Arriving in the deep shadows of the last stall in the client's barn, where I had always been instructed to wait for him, I settle myself against the far corner and let the female cub down to pad around in the clean hay. The client kept this stall empty for purposes like this one, to make sure there was a safe spot for any associates who do not wish to be seen coming and going from his property. My presence on the stall floor would summon the man from his manor house high on the hill and bring him down to the barn in a matter of moments. The menagerie this young cub would join was situated in the valley on the opposite side of the manor from the barn, as if he wanted to keep his domestic or work animals separate from his exotic prized beasts. The client arrived, slightly out of breath and with the remnants of dinner staining the front of his robe, and opened the half door on the stall. Just before he entered the barn, the cub evidently picked up an interesting scent. She followed something underneath the piles of straw and hadn't been seen since.

Unable to see her or pick up the subtle movements of the hay in the dark, the man assumed I was unable to deliver and so he began to try and negotiate a higher price for delivery. Me being the sensible business woman that I am, I kept my pretty little mouth shut until he reached an extraordinary number. More than twice the original price agreed upon is where he finally stopped to let me speak. "That price seems fair when considering the great personal risk I faced, yes I said faced as in past tense. I have your requested item, do you have the most recent offered amount on your person at this time to make payment?" The man nodded his head rather glumly and looked around the stall once more while pulling a pair of coin purses from his hip. He knew he had messed up by not letting me speak first, which has always been his problem, so he didn't bother arguing with me. He had more than enough resources to allow him to afford the higher payment. As he extended his hand to give me the loot he inquired as to where the package was if I had in fact acquired it. With a smile, I tilt my head to a shifting pile of hay and give a soft cluck of my tongue. The little female cub came padding out from under the straw, shaking her body on every other step to get the clingy pieces off of her. The man let out a joyous cheer and bent to scoop the cub into his arms. On his way down, I reached out and relieved him of the purses. The cub turned to look at me once before preening under his copious attention and petting. "I am sure the two of you will be very happy together. You know, should I hear of her being mistreated in any way I will not hesitate to come back for her. If you need anything else, you know how to contact me." With that I would once again take to the shadows and head for the house of the warlord. I only hope the fun isn't over by the time I arrive.
655/7987
Back to top Go down
Psi Prince
Mystic Moogle
Psi Prince

Male

PostSubject: Re: Blood for Gold Arc - 2nd Entry: Savior or Destroyer?   Blood for Gold Arc - 2nd Entry: Savior or Destroyer? EmptySun May 16, 2010 2:42 am

Approaching the gate of the village, the guards call out to me and ask me to state my business. I look at them and speak, "Not that smart I see. Master Bivel has a penchant for rare beasts, does he not? This one is great for breeding. Just delivered three cubs less than a cycle ago. Wanted to discuss the terms of her ownership with your Master." The guards relax as I continue to approach and they search me for weapons and I tell them that it would be rude for me to arrive with weapons. "Besides, she looks after me. Not too many actually seek to anger a tirega mother." The guards let me inside the gates and the scan of their inner defenses begins. I let my senses run wild as I locate the prisoners. Always important to find reinforcements. The guard leads me to the main hall where I would wait with Mama Kitty to be granted an audience. When we arrive at the hall, I look around at the walls that have really nice pictures of the warlord's battles and such displays of self glorification. Hmm... these are going to get quite messy. Mama Kitty looks at me and I kneel down to pet her. We play around while we wait and even as a demon, I do not wrestle with her much as she is extremely strong. Only in my Dark Kami form would wrestle with her.

While we are tussling around, a man in a robe flanked by guards walks in and I rise to my feet and dust myself off. Mama Kitty moves forward as well and sits down next to me. The robed man introduces himself, "Good evening, sir. I am Bivel, Warlord of this island. I am told that you wish to discuss business? Would you prefer it wait til morning?" I shake my head and tell him that I have traveled a good distance to bring her here and if I spend a night with her, it will only make it harder to part with her. He nods to me and I give him the completely falsified breeding of the tirega mother and he nods. He asks how much I want and I tell him that I think it would be in my best interest if the warlord makes the first offer to ensure that my initial thought does not offend the warlord. If there is one thing I know about the mortal warlords in this realm, they love to feel like they are in control and have someone stroke their ego a bit. Bivel offers me 3000 shinny and I tell him that surely he will profit far more than that from a fine breeder like this tirega. He goes up to 3500 shinny, which is quickly raised to 4000 Shinny. "My Lord, surely you could part with 5000 Shinny to acquire such a beautiful and agile predator. I guarantee you that you won't regret this purchase." Bivel looks at me and speaks, "I could always just take the cat,so you're going to accept 3000 shinny or be locked away in one of my work camps."

I look at the Mama Kitty and ask her what she thinks about that. I feel a new arrival finally make it and I grin as my mind reaches out to the spirit and human hybrid, "Right on time. Feel free to kill any of the guards you wish. The warlord is food." My gaze turns from the kitty to the humans as I count out four personal guards, one gate guard, and a crossbowman standing between me and Bivel being food. I would prefer more of a challenge in all of this, but I suppose, I'll take what I can get for now. My voice speaks to the human warlord, "I have a counter offer for you, Bivel. You are going to go and get my 5000 shinny or I will watch as you are eaten by this beautiful predator. While you consider it, You should probably call for more of your soldiers." Armor forms on my body as my elemental rings appear as well and I smile at him. Hmm... freeze them, burn them, shock them, or knock them around? Decisions decisions. My mind connects with the mama tirega as I prepare her to kill one of the guards. I wanted Bivel to run for his life and cower in fear while we hunt him. That makes things so much more fun. He would beg for his life, but I wanted to see him panic. Bivel was not afraid of me it would seem and he told one of his guards to kill me. A painting on the wall flies at the guard and hits him right in the left side of the temple with a pointed bashing strike. The guard hits the ground and Bivel tells me that I am a dead man. I look at one of his guards next to him and smile, "You first." The guard who is under my influence stabs Bivel in the throat before he opens his stomach. The guard stabs the next guard in the arm and knocks him back before he himself is stabbed in the back between his shoulder blades. With Bivel falling towards the ground, I watch as the fourth guard takes off running to alert the others. Mama Tirega rushes forward at the back stabbing guard and pounces on him. I watch with amusement as the warlord with blood pouring from his neck and abdomen falls before me as I walk forward.

The guard makes it outside and rushes towards his comrades, "Get the healers! The Warlord has been assassinated! We have traitors in the village!" Very well done. As expected, the news of Bivel's death sends panic and worry thru the camp. Some of the villagers take this opportunity to rise up in rebellion as word starts to spread. Others panic believing that things are about to get worse. The disarray within the village is starting to spread like wildfire. The feeling of fear flowing thru this place warms my soul.

1086/474

Slayer of Men Quest Complete (1500)
Poaching Quest Complete (5000)
Perfect: Myndius (400)
Back to top Go down
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry
Surreal SaDiablo

Female

PostSubject: Re: Blood for Gold Arc - 2nd Entry: Savior or Destroyer?   Blood for Gold Arc - 2nd Entry: Savior or Destroyer? EmptySun May 16, 2010 7:56 pm

Being blessed with an impeccable sense of timing has always come in handy and it certainly does not disappoint tonight either. I make it to the house of the warlord, stepping from the shadow cast by a pretentious house plant that someone fed way too often turning it into a house tree instead. I knew my companion would sense my presence immediately so I remained where I was to avoid alerting any of the guards. The house was not in total chaos yet so I could only assume the lord of the house was still breathing. When the mental communication arrives within my mind, I smile to myself in the darkness and think back to him my claim on the crossbowman and the gate guard should he come running to assist once the screams began. That would leave Psyre and Mama Kitty to deal with the warlord and the four personal guards, more than enough to keep them occupied for a little while.

Remaining in the shadows until Psyre makes his first move, which I am able to see part of from my position, I step out and take aim for the crossbowman just after the painting takes out the first guard. Tapping into my darker nature, I summon the power of the blood thirsty spirit and direct it toward each of my hands. The nails at the ends of my fingers begin to grow and sharpen rapidly until they are well beyond the length of most daggers. A small drop of the deadly poison they exude can be seen welling at the tip just before I snap one off and send it flying into the crossbowman's neck as easily as if I were playing a game of darts in the local tavern. The poisoned nail catches the bowman in the side of the neck just as he is readying a shot meant for my companion. I am able to watch him fall but unable to leave my shadowed corner to make sure he is dead due to the sudden presence of the gate guard rushing into the house to lend aid. This just won't do.

Stepping from my shadow to one closer to the house entrance, that should allow me to meet the guard in the middle, I emerge from the shadow just as he is rushing by. Jumping out, landing on the man's back, I knock the drawn and ready sword from his shock loosened grip. Since I am in full on dark mode, I figure there is a bit of time for a refreshing drink. Tilting my head to one side, I drive my fangs deep into the supple flesh of the guard's neck and begin to suck away his life force. Of course once I penetrated his skin and began to draw upon his blood, the guard had no further objections to my presence or actions. I could feel his body respond to the pleasure coursing through his veins, there was an obvious hardening going on next to my ankle where it was wrapped around his hips and resting against his groin. Personally I don't see anything wrong with giving a man a bit of 'feel good' before he dies. After quenching my thirst, or at least after wasting as much time as I could, one of my remaining nails slides silently along the front of his throat, exposing the muscle beneath and severing many of the major vessels. Pulling my mouth from his neck, I drop his limp body to the ground and land on my feet with a sigh. As I step over his dying body and begin to make my way back to where I had left Psyre, the gate guard's gurgling death rattle is music to my ears.

Before making it back to my companion, I notice one of the personal guards has run out of the house through a side door and alter my course to follow him. His desperate screaming was quickly shifting the village into chaos, though not all of it was going as he had hoped. Men were emerging from their homes, from the taverns, and converging in groups like men do. The closest groups to the house were taking this news as a sign of their chance to change life in this village for the better. They were talking rebellion, though I had no clue who they thought they were going to rebel against with the warlord dead and probably on the way to being digested by now. Approaching them as the screaming guard moves on through the village, I let out an audible scoff and mention that the Healers would do the rotten bastard no good now. The men laugh and the two groups merge into one, with all eyes on me... no doubt thanks to my natural charm and appealing assets. "I'd be willing to say that the warlord's assassin has done you boys a favor tonight. Perhaps you could find ways to return said favor... possibly even assist him in future endeavors to quell tyrannical strongholds." One thing about men fired up with talk of rebellion is that once they calm down they tend to realize that they have no real plan for course of action. Bringing to their attention a charismatic leader who has not only proven to be on their side, but one who has a well planned strategy and the means to make it happen, gives the men the direction they need along with the opportunity to feel as if they have helped to free themselves from the overbearing rule that has been breaking their backs for far too long. Should the man inside happen to scan my thoughts he would find that the tide was turning in the direction of my suggestion and that he would undoubtedly find willing and able men here ready to assist him in his efforts to rid this region of tyrants... of course I failed to mention the possibility that he would choose to rise up as a single ruler of the are once this was all said and done, but by that time these people should feel they owe him their freedom and have no qualms about working under his guidance.
1037/9024
Back to top Go down
Psi Prince
Mystic Moogle
Psi Prince

Male

PostSubject: Re: Blood for Gold Arc - 2nd Entry: Savior or Destroyer?   Blood for Gold Arc - 2nd Entry: Savior or Destroyer? EmptySun May 16, 2010 10:24 pm

The Mama Tirega tears a gaping hole into the next and upper chest of the guard before I turn her attention to the dying warlord, Bivel. I stand over him and remove the medallion around his neck and the rings on his fingers. These should make great gifts for the boys when they arrive in Renrut. I nod to her as she bites into his exposed abdomen. He screams out in pain as his last moments grant him the severe pain and displeasure of knowing that he was being eaten by a tirega. She would be safe in here and if someone else came in, they would be extremely unhappy. I have other matters to attend to now.

Shimmering out of sight, my body reappears in the village jail and the guard turns around at the gasping fear of the prisoners to find me standing there. The key ring on his belt snaps and all of the keys float towards the locks one after the other as I stare at the forehead of the guard. Looking thru his thoughts makes the process of selecting keys so much easier for me. In a domino like effect, the gates open and the prisoners are released. "Go forth and take your revenge to earn your freedom! Sack this village dry before it burns to the ground." They rush the prison guards first as I set fire to the cells. They rush thru the jail collecting belongings, weapons, items, and coin if they can find it. When they come rushing out of the jail, they attack the soldiers of Bivel and I chuckle as I release my wings and shift to my bestial form as I fly thru the roof that is about to cave in. The archers would be the first to fall as they take aim at me. I fly into the sky and look at a squad rushing from the barracks and heading towards the location on the ground where I feel Kali's presence. Before they can even get close, a steady wave of deadly arcs of pure spiritual energy. Their bodies are torn into by the strikes and look out at the other soldiers from the sky. "This island will be united and it will know peace! Join me or join Bivel in the underworld!"

404/878

Back to top Go down
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry
Surreal SaDiablo

Female

PostSubject: Re: Blood for Gold Arc - 2nd Entry: Savior or Destroyer?   Blood for Gold Arc - 2nd Entry: Savior or Destroyer? EmptySun May 16, 2010 11:07 pm

The men see the logic of my suggestion rather easily, though that isn't surprising since I purposely did not use big words or convoluted ideas, and so when the soldiers began to rush from the barracks to try and exact revenge for their fallen leader, I find myself surrounded by strong protective allies. My cockiness and eagerness for more fun is slightly dashed when the winged avenger takes matters into his own hands by decimating their numbers. At least he leaves me some to play with while he's busy making his public ultimatum. The group of men and I take off to meet the other group of soldiers coming to quiet the uproar and as we draw nearer to them I gesture toward the sky and shot to the soldiers. "Well... you heard him boys. Which is it going to be? Join him and live or join your leader in the bowels of hell? If I were you, I would prove my loyalty to the demigod by turning on my brothers in arms, if not I will be happy to snuff out your pitiful existences." Though I hid it well, I was forced to bite the inside of my cheek when I referred to Psyre as the demigod, it didn't matter what the lowly villagers called him, I would never truly think of him as anything more than the strong spirit from another time and place who I have come to call a friend. Of course, being soldiers, most choose to fight the uprising, which means choosing death by default since my companion had not mentioned anything about taking prisoners up to this point. Until I am issued that order, I will slaughter all who stand against me or those I stand with.

The group of men, and the scattered soldiers who choose to switch sides, choose their challengers and engage in heated clusters of frenzied battle while I find my own little cluster of soldiers to lay to waste. Half of the soldiers would be taken out by a blast of non elemental energy aimed for the front line of the cluster and a milky orb of energy aimed for the middle of the group where the splash radius would result in the greatest damage. The remaining soldiers who did not drop their arms from sheer fear of death would find themselves on the poisoned end of my nail darts. The few who possess the balls to get within melee range of me would be treated to an entirely different level of punishment. Though they would be close enough to land blows on my person with their various weapons I would not appear to be affected by any such injuries, not even the ones that visibly spill my blood on the ground at their feet. This would set off a string of comments like those I always hear when in battle... 'what the hell is she? how is she not down yet? how can she still fight or even stand?' To all of which I respond, "I am your worst nightmare, and I'm still standing because weak mortal insects like you could never bring down the harbinger of death." After that has time to sink in to their small minds, I would draw blood through the skin of any I can make physical contact with and summon my shadow fliers to poison and weaken the rest until I can move to make contact with them.
576/9600
Back to top Go down
Psi Prince
Mystic Moogle
Psi Prince

Male

PostSubject: Re: Blood for Gold Arc - 2nd Entry: Savior or Destroyer?   Blood for Gold Arc - 2nd Entry: Savior or Destroyer? EmptySun May 16, 2010 11:50 pm

So they have the desire to fight, do they? Let's see if I can't break them of that desire. "Atma Silda, raksa!" My spirit shield appears next to me to deal with the archers' arrows while I focus on a large cluster of soldiers approaching from deeper to the eastern side of the village. I start harnessing my energy and my body begins to glow radiantly. The prisoners make their ways to the walls and start killing off the archers before they can actually hit me. The prisoners and soldiers beneath me are told to return to sacking the village. They will have no further use of their weapons, gold, supplies, or food stores where they are going. "Yes, Master!" They disperse and the sacking process continues. Energy continues to build around me and my wings grow to full expansion. "Bear witness to the fate of those who oppose Krodha!" Looking down towards the entire back district, I extend my right hand towards them for dramatic effect and a vibrant blood red glow surrounds my hand as I harness even more power for this before my entire body is covered in a silver glow. Moments later, a massive explosion covering what seems to be the entire northeastern district of the village. It was a training ground and the residential area of Bivel's most trusted. The magnitude of the solar status, upward storm of spiritual energy is enough to illuminate the night sky and create a massive fire that spreads throughout the northeast. I would expect some modicum of awe and more surrendering to follow that. Considering how large the blast area is, I doubt many of them were questioning that demigod thing anymore. Even with the distance from the nexus of the Divine Uprising power, you can hear the screams of pain for a moment before silence grips that entire sector. My dark, feathery wings flap behind me as I look down at the remaining warriors wondering how many still wished for death.

352/1230

Back to top Go down
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry
Surreal SaDiablo

Female

PostSubject: Re: Blood for Gold Arc - 2nd Entry: Savior or Destroyer?   Blood for Gold Arc - 2nd Entry: Savior or Destroyer? EmptyMon May 17, 2010 12:29 am

Having dealt with the first cluster of soldiers to have the balls to step to me, I was able to take a short breather and enjoy the impressive display of magnificence my friend and colleague puts on for the entire area... well with the exception of the northeast corner because the human torches can't exactly enjoy a show they are part of. The men I had charmed into fighting, as well as the soldiers who had joined our side all paused in their fighting to appreciate the magnitude of the blast, they were all visibly relieved to have chosen the right side of this discord. The soldiers still alive around us began to drop their weapons and pledge their loyalty to the one they were calling Krodha, after this I had a sinking feeling that Psyre was never going to let that demigod thing go. Sighing at the though of his head being overinflated forever, I turn back to face the newly inspired soldiers.

"Now that you lot have come to your senses, your weapons will be taken by these men who trusted Krodha on faith alone. You will have to earn the right to bear arms in his name." As the villagers and soldiers gather the discarded weapons, I begin to lead the entire group toward the center of town, closer to where Psyre still flies above. I could see the released prisoners looting the shops and homes before they were consumed by the inferno. With a good number already working to sack the town I didn't feel it necessary to have the men behind me join in the activity. More than enough food, items, and coin would be gathered by the ones already at it. Stopping to look up at the terror flapping in the night, I call out to him, hoping my voice would carry over the wind at that altitude. "Are there any more foolish objectors in need of a strong hand?" From his vantage point he would be able to see better than I where any remaining combatants were gathered and could either take care of them on his own or direct me toward their location.

The villagers and soldiers all come to a stop behind me and wait for further instruction. The newest group of turned men were now silently awaiting a chance to prove themselves and earn back their weapons. Since I had not fully charmed them, nor had Psyre used his own similar techniques on them, I hoped he would not mind my decision to remove their possible means of rebellion. Until the winged man with the plan instructed me to slay more fools who choose to stand against him, I would make use of the dying soldiers littering the village ground. Those that weren't dead would be drained of their remaining life to replace the blood of mine that was spilled in the process of this uprising. It was the least they could do to make amends for being stupid.
499/10,099
Back to top Go down
Psi Prince
Mystic Moogle
Psi Prince

Male

PostSubject: Re: Blood for Gold Arc - 2nd Entry: Savior or Destroyer?   Blood for Gold Arc - 2nd Entry: Savior or Destroyer? EmptyMon May 17, 2010 2:01 am

In the further distance there are more who surrender and lay down their arms. There are some who choose to end their own lives instead of surrender or betray their warlord. I land on the ground next to Bivel's house and walk inside. The mama tirega looks at me and walks over to me. I vanish for about five minutes. I emerge next to Kali in humanoid form with a chest filled with about 7500 shinny inside and tell her that there is nothing shedding blood for a lot of gold, "We are done here. All of them are welcomed to come to Renrut with us. More able bodies will be need to fulfill the new plan that I have for this island. You have fought well tonight, Kali." I simply nod and turn to walk over towards the gathering of loot. The prisoners and loyal soldiers are busy loading the wagons with all of the loot confiscated and I nod at their work. We would be taking quite a few new people with us to help improve Renrut and make it into a viable stronghold. If I hope to truly establish peace on this island, then I need a strong base to operate from. One of the soldiers approaches me and asks what we are going to do next and I smile at him. "Well, I have eliminated Bivel, so there's one other major obstacle in my way. Once he falls, the bandit gangs will either fall into line or be crushed as well."

Once everything is ready, I float up to stand atop a wagon so that I can address the masses gathered. "You all have a choice to make now. You can follow me or you can leave now. There will be far more bloodshed ahead if you come with me. There will also be more treasure, women, excitement, and power to be had. If you serve me, I will provide a better life than you could have dreamed of, but you will work and fight for it. If you do not wish to pursue that path, then you will remain here and I offer no protection. Decide!" It wasn't really a difficult choice. On an island known for its chaotic power struggles between warlords and bandits and assorted mercenary forces or side with a "yaksa". They choose to follow me. Those who do not wish to fight figure that they will be able to settle down and enjoy a simple life as a farmer or fisherman or even go back to being a cave miner. Some planned to become carpenters and artisans. They would enjoy such freedom in my territory. As the entire procession prepares to move out, a frantic little dark sprite appears to me in a rush, "My Lord! Renrut! Kiera! It has been captured and it's burning..."

506/1736

+17 Workers
Back to top Go down
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry
Surreal SaDiablo

Female

PostSubject: Re: Blood for Gold Arc - 2nd Entry: Savior or Destroyer?   Blood for Gold Arc - 2nd Entry: Savior or Destroyer? EmptyMon May 17, 2010 2:58 am

With no more combatants needing to be killed, and the final choice posed to all of the gathered men by their new demigod leader, I begin to think that the night's excitement was actually coming to an end. Visions of the peaceful trek back to Renrut began to form in my head as I waited for the men and soldiers standing with me to make their decisions. Of course none of them were quite foolish enough to deny the opportunity offered by my companion, or maybe they were just too scared to go against him while standing so close to me. I could still see the remnants of fear in some of their eyes, it still stung to see it though, even after all of these years of showing my true colors in battle. At least I have never once seen that look in the eyes of my friend, which is exactly what has earned him that title even if I don't use it aloud. Saving my ass a few times, helping me out with missions, all of the things Psyre has done for me would generally earn him the title of associate or colleague, but the fact that he can witness the dual sides of my true self and still look upon with me affection or respect means more than everything else combined and catapulted him to the rare honor of friend... though if this demigod thing gets much worse I might have to rethink that promotion.

The simple compliment he offers me is acknowledged with a slight nod and a murmured thanks. Being the squishy, gooey female that I am deep down underneath all of this lust for blood, sex, money, and power, part of me wants to tear up at the sentiment, but of course I would never allow that to happen as long as there are witnesses. Playing down the emotional response, I begin to head toward the wagons being loaded with the group of men following close behind. When the last soldiers to choose life heard that there was more bloodshed in their futures they became animated talking amongst themselves. I could hear how they hoped this mention of bloodshed would turn out to be their chance to prove their loyalty to the new master. I didn't sense any deception in their voices, only true eagerness to earn their weapons back and serve their new leader, though there was one whose voice added to the mix an odd tone. I would have to be sure to watch him very closely.

While walking with the men who hadn't begun the night as soldiers, I struck up a conversation with them about what skills they possessed. I had seen them fight against trained soldiers and hold their own decently but it was only because of strong feelings behind their fighting rather than formal training. I explained that the new leader would need men from all walks of life to help him along the way. They began to open up and admit that they were here in this place for that purpose. Some of them were carpenters brought here to shape new structures or repair older ones. Some were farmers to provide meat and foods of the land. Still more were miners summoned to this island to scout stone and minerals for building and export that could provide Bivel with a lucrative export. As I made it to the wagons I was excited to inform my friend of these happy circumstances, but as I approached I could see the dark sprite had arrived and that the look upon my friend's face was similar to the one he'd taken on just outside the tavern when we first met up yesterday.
621/10,720

2,500 wc - Poaching Quest Credit (2,500 Shinny to Mandira)
8220 wc - Workers (82 total: 35 Miners, 27 Carpenters, 20 Farmers)
10,720 exp to Mukhya
Back to top Go down
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry
Surreal SaDiablo

Female

PostSubject: Re: Blood for Gold Arc - 2nd Entry: Savior or Destroyer?   Blood for Gold Arc - 2nd Entry: Savior or Destroyer? EmptySun May 30, 2010 1:49 pm

Updated
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Blood for Gold Arc - 2nd Entry: Savior or Destroyer?   Blood for Gold Arc - 2nd Entry: Savior or Destroyer? Empty

Back to top Go down

Blood for Gold Arc - 2nd Entry: Savior or Destroyer?
Page 1 of 1