Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

H2H Content Site ( Mirror ) - New Content Added 11/22!

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Putting In Work 2

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
aѕceпxion
Ascended Tonberry
aѕceпxion

Male
Number of posts : 6937
Rep! : 110
Registration date : 2009-01-02

Putting In Work 2 Empty
PostSubject: Putting In Work 2   Putting In Work 2 EmptyMon Mar 02, 2009 2:31 am

Putting In Work 2 Kyrobanner

Previous RP: Gun Training 1 - Shotty Skills

I hold a large brown paper bag of groceries against my chest and right shoulder in one arm as I reach out for the door of my apartment building with my left hand. With a stiff pull of the handle, the door opens up for me and I am able to make my way through. Entering into the apartments, I leave the atmosphere of the evening behind with the waning sun pulling down its display of red and purple hues. It was nearing dinnertime and I had run out of rice as well as a few other things. Artificial lights fill the lobby with the sound of people moving about tending to things that did not catch my attention, as I make my way to the elevators. Reaching them, I press the button for the third floor, stepping back to notice the illumination on the elevator signal that it was coming down from a higher floor. Before long, the elevator opens and I enter into it.

Moments later after traversing the hallway, the door to my apartment opens with my shoulder pressing against it, and closes behind me as I make my way into the living room. “Lights,” I say calmly as I enter into the initially dark room. Softly, the ceiling light comes on to about the halfway setting, and as I make my way to the kitchen, lights illuminate in that area as well. The welcome home dialogue chimes as the television comes on as it is programmed to do. While living alone, I found I liked the noise of the television, even if I was not watching it; it cut the loneliness that comes in at times. I place the bag of groceries on the counter, behind the bar that separates the kitchen from the living room and beside the sink. Turning, I open up the refrigerator and begin to stock it while setting items to the side that I would be cooking; fried rice, beef and miso soup seemed simple enough for dinner. As I do this, the visual screen in the living room informs, “… you have voicemail.” Without turning around, or looking up, I answer, “play.” There is a short beep and then I can hear the sound of a familiar voice. It was Tre, speaking, “yo! We got work tonight. Need you to meet me in LC around eight. It’s a block past the usual place in front of the old liquor store. Holla!” There is another short beep and then an automated voice that speaks, “that was your only message. Initializing television audio.” In a crescendo, the volume of the television rises to its normal level with the sound of the evening news coming in. Standing up from my leaning position, I close the refrigerator door and turn to the empty paper bag. I fold it up neatly and open a drawer, placing it in there to be used later to hold recyclables. “Eight…” I murmur lightly to myself as I move to the oven, setting it. That would give me about an hour and a half to eat before I had to go out to meet with him.

After cooking and eating my meal in a quick manner there after, I make my way to the bus stop downstairs and outside my apartment. It takes a few minutes for the bus to arrive. After a quick ride to the Lower Commons, I exit the shuttle and it moves on, leaving me behind, the only one to exit at this juncture. My hands lower into the pockets of my large black coat casually as I begin traversing the commons via the sidewalk. The night air felt calming and by this time, the moon found itself hovering over the city, giving a false sense of calm and peace to the city beneath it. That aside, the streets of the Lower Commons were never a place that made me feel at ease. Among the places in the city, crime was the highest here; but be that as it may, it was also one of the most active places in the city. The red light district was a vibrant and active night locale. At my stroll, it doesn’t take me long to reach the usual spot where Tre and I meet. Then continuing beyond that, I reach the night’s meeting point. Initially I am able to see the black sedan parked on the side of the street by the old liquor store. Past it, a familiar figure stood along side an unfamiliar figure on a corner less than a half block away. Recognizing it as Jr., he seems to be doing some type of transaction with the person who was with him. Approaching the vehicle, I pause when I make it to the car. The window rolls down and Tre’s face is viewable. “Yo,” comes the welcome preceding, “get in the passenger seat.” His words are brief before rolling the window up. Understanding, my paces move me about the car until I get to the passenger door. My hand comes from my pocket as I reach for the door lever and open it out. I then lower my body and get into the car, closing the door behind me with a short shutting sound. Tre rests slightly reclined in the drivers seat with his elbow on the door’s armrest and his legs cocked up in a relaxed manner. There was the sound of something shuffling in the back seat, but at a quick glance, I didn’t see anything. With a nod, he motions towards Jr. explaining, “hustling right now. Just watching his back and shit...” His voice trails off as his gaze lingers on the events outside before he turns to me. “How those weapon classes going? You learning to kill people yet?” My gaze is to the side in a slightly disinterested manner, yet I was actually watching Jr. I speak, “They are going well.” He nods and answers, “good shit. You know… one of these days, we’re going to have to get you bullets.” A grin creases his lips with the comment, as I turn to look at him for a moment before turning away from him, continuing what I was previously watching. I speak, “so is today the day I get paid? He sighs, “man you’re dry. Nah, I got you something better.” His arm reached behind my seat and pulls a small box from the back seat and sits it on my lap. My attention is drawn to it as I pause for a moment and wonder if it were drugs, but I so find out that the shuffling noise was coming from it as well as a soft squeaking noise that turned into a ‘mew.’ My thoughts are confirmed when I open the top to reveal a small kitten. I frown and cut my gaze to Tre. “My mom’s cat had kittens, yo. I was thinking about you.” I speak, “a cat?…” He shakes his head, “nah, it’s a kitten.” I close the top of the box, “no thanks.” Tre protests, “just take it. I figured a dry person like you might need something like that.” I begin to ask what that is supposed to mean, but I notice movement near the car. Turning, I focus in on a body that comes around to Tre’s side of the car. “I still don’t have bullets,” I warn him. He raises a hand and assures me, “it’s cool.” Pressing a button, he lowers the window as the slender dark male figure in a hooded coat leans next to the car. Flatly Tre requests, “what?” The person answers, “yo, is that a cat!” obviously looking past Tre and into the car. Tre frown, “what the fuck you want, foo?” The male redirects his statements, answering, “yo, I’m short 20, let me get by with three tonight and I’ll get you back Monday after I get paid.” Not amused, Tre answers, “that’s what that dude over there is for! What you doing running up on my car like this?” The guy answers, “he told me to talk to you about a negotiation.” Well, he messed up the word ‘negotiation’ but I could tell that’s what he was trying to say. “See,” he continues, “I might not have money…” He pauses and looks left and right before saying in a low voice, “but if you let me get this, I’ll suc…” The remainder of what was said causes me to pause for a moment. Even Tre is caught off guard before his trademark “maaaaan” comes where he holds the a syllable for a few seconds before continuing, “FUCK that! Ole gay ass… get the hell away from my car! You’re getting gay on it! You on that shit, homie… I dunno if I can sell to you anymore.” The male assures, “no disrespect G, I’m just saying.” Tre warns, “dog, get away from me before I have Ghost here take care of you. Looking to me, the man asks, “the guy with the kitty?” I frown. Tre nods, “hell ya! Dude’s crazy. You see he’s a grown ass man holding a box of kitty… What’s wrong with YOU?” This seems to make sense to the guy for some inane reason and he backs up warily. “Have all the money when you want something, no deals,” Tre confirms. The man nods, apologies, then walks off, murmuring in discontentment.

After an hour or so, Jr. approaches the car and opens the back seat. Tre inquires, “done for the day?” Jr. answers, “yeah yeah. Sold out, I’m starving.” Thankfully nothing bad happened that night. Answering Jr. Tre speaks, “aite then, we’ll pick up something. Ghost, you hungry.” Declining, I answer, “I ate.” Starting the car, Tre lets his seat back up and answers “do you, then. I’ll drop you off at your crib.” I give him my appreciation and the car pulls off from its park position and drives towards Gothstone.

Back to top Go down
ShinTre_Admin
Admin
ShinTre_Admin

Male
Number of posts : 3438
Rep! : 29
Registration date : 2008-12-02

Putting In Work 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Putting In Work 2   Putting In Work 2 EmptyMon Mar 02, 2009 12:41 pm

updated
Back to top Go down
https://wotr.rpg-board.net

Putting In Work 2
Page 1 of 1