Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

H2H Content Site ( Mirror ) - New Content Added 11/22!

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

shinsanity - INTRODUCING THE SHINGINE MULTI-ATTACK SUPER FAIR RANDOM HIT OR MISS COMBO SYSTEM!! v1

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
ShinTre_Admin
Admin
ShinTre_Admin

Male
Number of posts : 3438
Rep! : 29
Registration date : 2008-12-02

shinsanity - INTRODUCING THE SHINGINE MULTI-ATTACK SUPER FAIR RANDOM HIT OR MISS COMBO SYSTEM!! v1 Empty
PostSubject: shinsanity - INTRODUCING THE SHINGINE MULTI-ATTACK SUPER FAIR RANDOM HIT OR MISS COMBO SYSTEM!! v1   shinsanity - INTRODUCING THE SHINGINE MULTI-ATTACK SUPER FAIR RANDOM HIT OR MISS COMBO SYSTEM!! v1 EmptyMon Apr 04, 2011 2:18 pm

THE SHINGINE MULTI-ATTACK SUPER FAIR RANDOM HIT OR MISS COMBO SYSTEM!! v1
you don’t have to understand it to use it. Just attack and roll for the # of attacks you do.
* current use only for pillars and major shinpcs *

Current arbitrary value: 1.5

1) Get your multipler
Compare your stats to who you’re fighting
If you got Average stats vs someone @ Strong ur multiplier is +1
If you got Weak vs Strong, then it's +2

2) Perform your series attacks
(see below for how many attacks you can do per post)

3) Do a separate 1-100 roll each attack you do
Multiply your arbitrary value by your multiplier (like in the example it’d be 1.5 x 1) < THIS is how much MORE you have to get on a 1-100 roll than who you’re fighting
The attacks for roll higher than what shin rolls will probably hit, ones lower probably won’t
If the attack roll is x5 lower than shin’s roll, the combo can be interrupted @ that point

How many attacks you can do depend on the type of attacks you do. You can do up to 10 pts worth of attacks in 1 post:
- Melee, weapon melee, projectile attacks: 1 pt
- Omega attacks, fierce- attacks w/o AOE: 3 pts
- Status/mode/spell casting: 5 pts
- Destructive or fierce + AOE attacks: 10 pts

i.e. you could do 5 melee strikes, throw out a strong spell, then rip out a fierce spell all in one go.

Example:

Character vs: Vestige (Strong) vs Poseidon (Ascended)
. Poseidon has a +1 advantage
. Vestige needs to roll values > x1.5 Poseidon's to justify a hit

Post 1
Vestige attacks Poseidon with punch to the head, turns around w/like a Muy Thai elbow and then blasts out a dark orb all haduken like in this chest.

Vestige rolls 1-100 (3 times): 4, 25, 76
Poseidon rolls 1-100 (3 times): 12, 13, 50
[ Poseidon's actual values w/his advantage multiplier: 18, 37.5, 75 ]

Post 2
Poseidon blocks the punch, catches the elbow but the dark orb hits him in the chest. He recovers & sends a kamehameha (Fierce +) @ Vestige.

Poseidon rolls 1-100 (1 time): 30
Vestige rolls 1-100 (1 time): 1

Post 3
Vestige is kameha'd and counter attacks, etc.

of course yall posts will be move detailed. this kinda shows that you don't have to do all or any of your available attacks in 1 post.

so basically post like normal, but if you want you to get off a combo of attacks, then this is the way.
Back to top Go down
https://wotr.rpg-board.net
ShinTre_Admin
Admin
ShinTre_Admin

Male

shinsanity - INTRODUCING THE SHINGINE MULTI-ATTACK SUPER FAIR RANDOM HIT OR MISS COMBO SYSTEM!! v1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: shinsanity - INTRODUCING THE SHINGINE MULTI-ATTACK SUPER FAIR RANDOM HIT OR MISS COMBO SYSTEM!! v1   shinsanity - INTRODUCING THE SHINGINE MULTI-ATTACK SUPER FAIR RANDOM HIT OR MISS COMBO SYSTEM!! v1 EmptyMon Apr 04, 2011 4:25 pm

update
=============
it was brought up do you still roll for your techs. yes, you still roll for your techs. that adds another dynamic in things. if you have a lousy tech roll (i.e. you roll an alpha) and you roll what should be a hit... you still miss b/c you f'd up yo tech!
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Ascended Tonberry
aѕceпxion

Male
Number of posts : 6937
Rep! : 110
Registration date : 2009-01-02

PostSubject: Re: shinsanity - INTRODUCING THE SHINGINE MULTI-ATTACK SUPER FAIR RANDOM HIT OR MISS COMBO SYSTEM!! v1   shinsanity - INTRODUCING THE SHINGINE MULTI-ATTACK SUPER FAIR RANDOM HIT OR MISS COMBO SYSTEM!! v1 EmptyMon Apr 04, 2011 7:25 pm

An interesting concept, old man; I'll try it out and see if it's feasible. So basically I can do Dark Skies at Honed or above and I'll just need to roll a higher number than a pillar to hit? What about those of use who have greater attributes than a pillar? I'm assuming that puts the multiplier in our favor?
Back to top Go down
ShinTre_Admin
Admin
ShinTre_Admin

Male

PostSubject: Re: shinsanity - INTRODUCING THE SHINGINE MULTI-ATTACK SUPER FAIR RANDOM HIT OR MISS COMBO SYSTEM!! v1   shinsanity - INTRODUCING THE SHINGINE MULTI-ATTACK SUPER FAIR RANDOM HIT OR MISS COMBO SYSTEM!! v1 EmptyTue Apr 05, 2011 4:45 pm

ya, like kaz's women, it goes both ways
Back to top Go down
Antifreke
Mystic Moogle
Antifreke

Female
Number of posts : 2378
Rep! : 18
Registration date : 2009-03-03

PostSubject: Re: shinsanity - INTRODUCING THE SHINGINE MULTI-ATTACK SUPER FAIR RANDOM HIT OR MISS COMBO SYSTEM!! v1   shinsanity - INTRODUCING THE SHINGINE MULTI-ATTACK SUPER FAIR RANDOM HIT OR MISS COMBO SYSTEM!! v1 EmptyTue Apr 12, 2011 5:24 pm

very nice system. Im impressed you came up with it >.>
Back to top Go down
ShinTre_Admin
Admin
ShinTre_Admin

Male

PostSubject: Re: shinsanity - INTRODUCING THE SHINGINE MULTI-ATTACK SUPER FAIR RANDOM HIT OR MISS COMBO SYSTEM!! v1   shinsanity - INTRODUCING THE SHINGINE MULTI-ATTACK SUPER FAIR RANDOM HIT OR MISS COMBO SYSTEM!! v1 EmptyWed Apr 13, 2011 5:08 pm

lol, as if

v2 thoughts

some say this adds extra work and takes away from creativity especially if you attack first and calculate later
it adds that "random mishap" factor but that's the point of battling against someone
i don't think i'd ever make something like this for pVp use but b/c i take too long to post, etc in sagas, it can just be for member v me

i already see one flaw
b/c it's based on attribute and not tech
so my next step would be to figure out how to make it more based on what you do and not just b/c your strong

1st thought
i.e. the attributes would control melee combat
and magic techs would be stuck @ strong etc
"yeah, but it's generally easier to connect with magic than it is to connect with a physical attack"
not at a distance > b/c you can just side step... so i guess distance would have to be a part of it too

2nd thought
i can simply create a probability grid based on 6 levels of range vs the 6 attibute levels
large attacks can have a multiplier to increase the chance of their hitting

"does this mean i HAVE to take a hit?"
probably not. this will mean that an attack will hit you unless you do something. (i.e. counter attack it, defend, teleport, etc)

random thoughts
Melee - 0 to 5 ft
Weapon Melee - 5 to 10 ft
Short Projectile - 10 to 20 ft
Hunting Projectile - 20 to 100 ft
Long Ranged Projectile - 100 to 200 ft
Super Long Ranged Projectile - 200 to 600 ft

Range / Attribute	Low	Medium	High	Fierce	Supreme
Melee 6 12 25 50 100
W Melee 7 15 30 60 100
S Proj 8 17 35 70 100
H Proj 10 20 40 80 100
LR Proj 11 23 45 90 100
SLR Proj 12 25 50 100 100

i.e.
you have strong stats
I have supreme
i attack you @ melee range
- my value is 100 yours is 25... you have a 25% chance of evasion (25 / 100)
i attack you @ Super Long Range
- my value is 100 yours is 50... you have a 50% chance of evasion (50 / 100)

so now that you have that %, you can just roll a 25% roll for the first attack, or a 50% roll for the second and see if the random system says you should get hit or missed, etc
*prolly could use this to settle disputes on (my attack should have hit)

placing this here so i dun lose these thoughts xD

o.o
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: shinsanity - INTRODUCING THE SHINGINE MULTI-ATTACK SUPER FAIR RANDOM HIT OR MISS COMBO SYSTEM!! v1   shinsanity - INTRODUCING THE SHINGINE MULTI-ATTACK SUPER FAIR RANDOM HIT OR MISS COMBO SYSTEM!! v1 Empty

Back to top Go down

shinsanity - INTRODUCING THE SHINGINE MULTI-ATTACK SUPER FAIR RANDOM HIT OR MISS COMBO SYSTEM!! v1
Page 1 of 1