Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

H2H Content Site ( Mirror ) - New Content Added 11/22!

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Technique Questions

Go down 
+14
Kazakura
Datorru
Themeless
Antifreke
rekoa
Kiun
Dwem
LittleMariko
DarkKnightCecil
Surreal SaDiablo
яuиє
Psi Prince
ShinTre_Admin
aѕceпxion
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
aѕceпxion
Ascended Tonberry
aѕceпxion

Male
Number of posts : 6937
Rep! : 110
Registration date : 2009-01-02

Technique Questions Empty
PostSubject: Technique Questions   Technique Questions EmptyMon Mar 30, 2009 7:31 pm

Ω Intense Strikes
TEXP: 2
Fists move so quickly with punches they are unable to be followed by normal eyes.

Ω Lightning Kicks
TEXP: 2
Feet are able to kick so swiftly that they are unable to be followed by normal eyes.

Ω Fighter's Heart
TEXP: 5
The ability to fight with uncanny power with your style of choice (MA, Brawl, Boxing, or Grappling.)
Effect: damage of normal fighting techniques +1 Strength attribute

Are these considered passive or do they have to be activated in battle? There are three viable scenarios.
1) After learning these, you have the ability to use them all the time as they enhance your existing abilities. I.e. Intense strikes applies to MA fighting with no additional stamina draw and your hands always move fast when attacking.
2) You learn these like normal techs and it exerts more stamina to use these increased abilities. I.e. there is a 10% draw when you go from normal MA fighting to enhanced MA fighting.
3) You activate the ability in battle and only pay the stamina cost once when you first use it.

Last edited by escalation on Fri Apr 17, 2009 8:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ShinTre_Admin
Admin
ShinTre_Admin

Male
Number of posts : 3438
Rep! : 29
Registration date : 2008-12-02

PostSubject: Re: Technique Questions   Technique Questions EmptyTue Mar 31, 2009 4:13 pm

let's go w/option 3. it'll be like a power up that u can invoke. but there might be a few techs that are supposed to be passive but not marked. find them, and post them here to get a cookie.
Back to top Go down
https://wotr.rpg-board.net
Psi Prince
Mystic Moogle
Psi Prince

Male
Number of posts : 2610
Rep! : 96
Registration date : 2009-03-02

PostSubject: Re: Technique Questions   Technique Questions EmptyFri Jun 05, 2009 11:05 pm

Toughness
The ability to take an physical blunt damage well in a pinch.
Effect: Defense +1

Q: If you train this ability, do you gain +1 per level or is it an acquire, you get +1 and you're done?

Familiar
TEXP: 5/2
Creates beast like creatures made of energy attached to your body that lash out that can attack at melee to medium range.
Effect: damage is Fierce

Q: Can you use the creatures to block/reduce an attack as well?
Back to top Go down
ShinTre_Admin
Admin
ShinTre_Admin

Male

PostSubject: Re: Technique Questions   Technique Questions EmptySat Jun 06, 2009 9:11 am

Toughness
The ability to take an physical blunt damage well in a pinch.
Effect: Defense +1

Q: If you train this ability, do you gain +1 per level or is it an acquire, you get +1 and you're done?
A: no. +1 and your done.

Familiar
TEXP: 5/2
Creates beast like creatures made of energy attached to your body that lash out that can attack at melee to medium range.
Effect: damage is Fierce

Q: Can you use the creatures to block/reduce an attack as well?
A: no, i think the other tech like this does.
Back to top Go down
яuиє
Ascended Tonberry
яuиє

Male
Number of posts : 3978
Rep! : 82

PostSubject: Re: Technique Questions   Technique Questions EmptySat Jun 06, 2009 11:16 pm

Shocked Whhaaa? So I got multiple ranks in toughness and I only get +1 Def? What do the extra ranks do?
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Ascended Tonberry
aѕceпxion

Male

PostSubject: Re: Technique Questions   Technique Questions EmptySun Jun 07, 2009 6:03 am

Control the failure rate of the technique, much like all control levels.
Back to top Go down
яuиє
Ascended Tonberry
яuиє

Male

PostSubject: Re: Technique Questions   Technique Questions EmptySun Jun 07, 2009 12:14 pm

o.O how do you control the failure rate
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Ascended Tonberry
aѕceпxion

Male

PostSubject: Re: Technique Questions   Technique Questions EmptySun Jun 07, 2009 12:29 pm

● Control Levels and Accuracy
This can be applied to most techniques and it controls the experience a user has with a technique, the chance a spell will work correctly or how well a user's aim is. This can make the use of a technique more accurate and precise and will remove the possibility of producing a "dud" or spoofing a technique. Techniques have five levels of mastery.

» Novice
A beginner level of ability.
20% Accuracy

» Trained
Intermediate level that secures that a technique will not fail as much.
40% Accuracy

» Honed
Strong use of ability that gives the user control over the technique and the ability to assure it works most of the time.
60% Accuracy
Reduces Stamina costs * 1/8

» Mastered
There is no question over the ability of the user to perform the technique with relative ease.
80% Accuracy
Reduces Stamina cost * 1/4

» Perfected
This is the same as mastering an ability only it cuts the drain an ability has on the body.
100% Accuracy
Reduces Stamina cost * 1/2

Accuracy = Control
http://h2h.site90.com/breakdown.html
Back to top Go down
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry
Surreal SaDiablo

Female
Number of posts : 3123
Rep! : 257
Registration date : 2009-01-03

PostSubject: Re: Technique Questions   Technique Questions EmptyThu Jun 11, 2009 9:53 pm

» InnerComm
The ability to communicate wirelessly with computers and mobile devices through thought. It can be used as a mental walkie talkie and allow email be made and sent instantly, with picture or movie attachments through the user's eyes.

Could this be used to penetrate the security capabilities of computers and mobile devices?
Back to top Go down
яuиє
Ascended Tonberry
яuиє

Male

PostSubject: Re: Technique Questions   Technique Questions EmptyThu Jun 11, 2009 11:52 pm

I has QQ for UU :lol:. I was wondering about the Woylf's Recuperation tech, it says its passive but restores 5% HP each turn you are still, and there is the Vaspire's Regenerai which restores stuff that sounds like it's HP related but isn't and isn't passive. I was wondering if the Woylf's Recuperation tech should be passive or non passive, such as having to activate it to get the healing effects since it seems like the Vaspire's Regenerai tech to an extent and it isn't passive. And the Vaspire's Regenerai tech doesn't restore HP like the Wolyf's Recuperation though it sounds like it would since it is a healing based tech.

» Regenerai
The ability to re-grow skin, bone, limbs and such over time but does not restore health. The more that has to be recovered, the longer the process takes. A gun wound can be covered in a manner of sections while a lost limb may take several minutes to re-grow.

» Recuperation (passive)
Regenerates health and slowly closes wounds 5% per post of standing still.
Back to top Go down
Psi Prince
Mystic Moogle
Psi Prince

Male

PostSubject: Re: Technique Questions   Technique Questions EmptyFri Jun 12, 2009 12:25 am

Rune, I believe it's meant to be passive as it's more of Wolyf chars can naturally heal themselves faster than normal. Like a normal human maybe able to heal 1% per turn standing still. The Vaspire ability is them actively healing themselves. Wolyf doesn't have to spend energy healing when they aren't straining themselves, they are healing automatically.
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Ascended Tonberry
aѕceпxion

Male

PostSubject: Re: Technique Questions   Technique Questions EmptyFri Jun 12, 2009 12:36 am

Surreal SaDiablo wrote:
» InnerComm
The ability to communicate wirelessly with computers and mobile devices through thought. It can be used as a mental walkie talkie and allow email be made and sent instantly, with picture or movie attachments through the user's eyes.

Could this be used to penetrate the security capabilities of computers and mobile devices?
This seems easy. No. All this technique does is allow you to do something you could normally do with a mouse and keyboard, without a mouse and a keyboard. It has nothing to do with bypassing security programs or breaching firewalls. This technique does in no way suggest that you can hold an influence over the thing you are communicating with. Why does it matter if it does or not? It's basically the mechanical equivalent to Televocal from the Psy package. Just because random roleplayer Kaz can speak into someone's mind doesn't mean he can break down all their mental barriers and destroy that person from the inside, read deep into their mind and steal secret thoughts, info, etc. An entirely different technique is needed just to read surface thoughts that someone is thinking at that moment (i.e. 'man I wish I had some curly fries...').

Granted, there are offensive mental abilities in this package that should be able to allow said noob to compromise a person, therefore if InnerComm was to try and do the same thing, it would need some type of offensive technique (i.e. generically coined hacking) in order to attack and break down the security of computers. If it's going to be used offensively for IC gain, it should be a technique or something worked for.
Back to top Go down
DarkKnightCecil
Respected Elder
DarkKnightCecil

Male
Number of posts : 1215
Rep! : 21
Registration date : 2009-02-18

PostSubject: Re: Technique Questions   Technique Questions EmptyFri Jun 12, 2009 6:23 am

While true you can't nessicarilly control someone's mind or attack it just because you can read their mind, InnerComm connects you to another computer. Any computer you're connected to you could hack if you have the skills. If I connected my computer to another then I am at risk of that computer hacking my computer, and at the same time that computer is at risk of being hacked.

Hacking is doing nothing more than decyphering the access codes to a computer. That's communication. So technically at perfected one would think you would be able to hack computers. I mean I see where you're coming from but my point is anyone could hack anything they're connected to if they're good enough.

Edit: The problem is with InnerComm, if you ARE capable of hacking someone else you're also vulnerable to the reverse. If, say you could hack it and Tsuruko hacks into Div12's systems and downloads personal files. What's to stop the Black Wings from hacking into her head? Nothing.
Back to top Go down
ShinTre_Admin
Admin
ShinTre_Admin

Male

PostSubject: Re: Technique Questions   Technique Questions EmptyFri Jun 12, 2009 12:13 pm

Quote :
» InnerComm
*what kyro said
Quote :
I has QQ for UU . I was wondering about the Woylf's Recuperation tech, it says its passive but restores 5% HP each turn you are still, and there is the Vaspire's Regenerai which restores stuff that sounds like it's HP related but isn't and isn't passive. I was wondering if the Woylf's Recuperation tech should be passive or non passive, such as having to activate it to get the healing effects since it seems like the Vaspire's Regenerai tech to an extent and it isn't passive. And the Vaspire's Regenerai tech doesn't restore HP like the Wolyf's Recuperation though it sounds like it would since it is a healing based tech.
» Regenerai
The ability to re-grow skin, bone, limbs and such over time but does not restore health. The more that has to be recovered, the longer the process takes. A gun wound can be covered in a manner of sections while a lost limb may take several minutes to re-grow.
» Recuperation (passive)
Regenerates health and slowly closes wounds 5% per post of standing still.
*what kaz said. regenerai is more like a healing bluff and regrowing an arm is kind of kick ass. if a woylfe (or anyone else) gets an arm lobbed off, it's just lobbed off. but i doubt anyone could rp well enough to allow that to happen. lol, autodojmod!
Quote :
While true you can't nessicarilly control someone's mind or attack it just because you can read their mind, InnerComm connects you to another computer. Any computer you're connected to you could hack if you have the skills. If I connected my computer to another then I am at risk of that computer hacking my computer, and at the same time that computer is at risk of being hacked.

Hacking is doing nothing more than decyphering the access codes to a computer. That's communication. So technically at perfected one would think you would be able to hack computers. I mean I see where you're coming from but my point is anyone could hack anything they're connected to if they're good enough.

Edit: The problem is with InnerComm, if you ARE capable of hacking someone else you're also vulnerable to the reverse. If, say you could hack it and Tsuruko hacks into Div12's systems and downloads personal files. What's to stop the Black Wings from hacking into her head? Nothing.

"InnerComm connects you to another computer"
LIES!
innercomm: "The ability to communicate wirelessly with computers."
Televocal: "The ability to communicate mentally with people."
you mistaked "communicate" with "connect to" and i think that's where you're missing the point.

adrian: "Any computer you're connected to you could hack if you have the skills."
kyro: "therefore if InnerComm was to try and do the same thing, it would need some type of offensive technique (i.e. generically coined hacking) in order to attack and break down the security of computers. If it's going to be used offensively for IC gain, it should be a technique or something worked for."
so it looks like yall agree there.

"Hacking is doing nothing more than decyphering the access codes to a computer. That's communication."
lol! no it's not. you said so: "While true you can't nessicarilly control someone's mind or attack it just because you can read their mind." <- that's communication!

"If I connected my computer to another then I am at risk of that computer hacking my computer, and at the same time that computer is at risk of being hacked."
yup, if they had a hacking program that kicked the ass of all ur pc's security.

"I see where you're coming from but my point is anyone could hack anything they're connected to if they're good enough."
that's his point too.
kyro: "If it's going to be used offensively for IC gain, it should be a technique or something worked for."

"If, say you could hack it and Tsuruko hacks into Div12's systems and downloads personal files. What's to stop the Black Wings from hacking into her head? Nothing."
that makes sense, since they would probably have the ability to hack if she connected to one of their secured servers or something.

i mean tho, how do you even go about finding something to hack? where are div12's servers located? i'm sure as hell not about to tell someone. lol, you can't connect to something when you dunno where it is. it's not like all the pcs are just chillin in a lobby in cyber space (since not all will be connected to it) waiting for someoen to browse to it. same with that psy stuff. if you don't know where someone is, or if they exist, you can't do a mental strike on em.

basically i'd have to make a hacking tech for something like that to work and then a methodolgy for it. easiest route is to make a custom based on ur race's tech package.
Back to top Go down
яuиє
Ascended Tonberry
яuиє

Male

PostSubject: Re: Technique Questions   Technique Questions EmptyTue Jun 16, 2009 8:53 pm

I was wondering about the following two techniques;

NPoison
TEXP: 4
Spell that continually harms the target over time.
Effect: -5% HP per post
Stamina Cost: Medium

Stamina Spores
Small energy mounds that stick to a target and drain stamina overtime.
Effect: -5% STA per post
Stamina Cost: Medium

The drain effects, do they stay constant at the different skill levels of the techs or do they get higher with each skill level?
Back to top Go down
яuиє
Ascended Tonberry
яuиє

Male

PostSubject: Re: Technique Questions   Technique Questions EmptyFri Jun 19, 2009 3:53 pm

Bump Q
Back to top Go down
яuиє
Ascended Tonberry
яuиє

Male

PostSubject: Re: Technique Questions   Technique Questions EmptyFri Jun 19, 2009 4:04 pm

If your special trans tech's count as a package, and I'm not sure if the do, would you be able to make a custom ability like you can do with the other packages, after you get half of your trans techs mastered?
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Ascended Tonberry
aѕceпxion

Male

PostSubject: Re: Technique Questions   Technique Questions EmptyFri Jun 19, 2009 4:52 pm

Most techs that increase with skill level are stated so, thus chances are those do not. Like most things with training the 'skill level' the technique becomes easier to control taking less stamina to use rather than stronger, which seems to be the misunderstanding that's been growing among members.

Possession techs are counted as a package (i.e. with creating storyline characters) therefore customs are probably allowed for them depending on whether they're approved by Shin after creation.
Back to top Go down
яuиє
Ascended Tonberry
яuиє

Male

PostSubject: Re: Technique Questions   Technique Questions EmptyFri Jun 19, 2009 8:18 pm

I think you may have misunderstood my question about the drain, what I'm asking about is the drain the tech has on the target, does that go up as the tech raises in lvl
Back to top Go down
Psi Prince
Mystic Moogle
Psi Prince

Male

PostSubject: Re: Technique Questions   Technique Questions EmptyFri Jun 19, 2009 8:44 pm

No it doesn't. It maintains the same drain otherwise it would be -25% per post at Perfected. That would make that Poison tech a 4 round killer. The effect is that your accuracy with connecting with the spell and the drain that casting it has lowers as you get stronger.
Back to top Go down
яuиє
Ascended Tonberry
яuиє

Male

PostSubject: Re: Technique Questions   Technique Questions EmptyFri Jun 19, 2009 9:01 pm

I see. Well I guess I wont be ko'ing people in 4 posts then xD Didn't really think on that part I was just wondering if it would drain more with higher ranks, but its cool it wont.
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Ascended Tonberry
aѕceпxion

Male

PostSubject: Re: Technique Questions   Technique Questions EmptyFri Jun 19, 2009 9:22 pm

яuиє wrote:
I think you may have misunderstood my question about the drain, what I'm asking about is the drain the tech has on the target, does that go up as the tech raises in lvl
I think you misunderstood my answer, that's the question I addressed. Shorter answer is a technique's effect (and also strength) rarely increases when you train the control or accuracy of it and -only- increases when it is stated. The purpose by definition of training a technique is to increase the control or accuracy of that technique unless otherwise stated by the technique.

Last edited by escalation on Fri Jun 19, 2009 9:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
яuиє
Ascended Tonberry
яuиє

Male

PostSubject: Re: Technique Questions   Technique Questions EmptyFri Jun 19, 2009 9:24 pm

pale My bad, ok.
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Ascended Tonberry
aѕceпxion

Male

PostSubject: Re: Technique Questions   Technique Questions EmptyFri Jun 19, 2009 9:32 pm

Not an issue; that's what I'm here for.
Back to top Go down
яuиє
Ascended Tonberry
яuиє

Male

PostSubject: Re: Technique Questions   Technique Questions EmptyFri Jun 19, 2009 10:27 pm

Alright with the Familiar tech in the Energy Magic, it says that they can make 'creatures' .. now that 's' means they can create more then one in a single go I'm guessing what I'm wondering is the cost to create multiple the same cost or does the cost increase with each additional one that is created?
Back to top Go down
яuиє
Ascended Tonberry
яuиє

Male

PostSubject: Re: Technique Questions   Technique Questions EmptySun Jun 21, 2009 12:45 am

On the Bulletime tech, it states that " Gun shot causes a defensive reaction that heightens etc.. " by the info given here, the technique sounds like it would be passive as it seems to cause the subject to enter into a defensive state upon hearing the gunshot, or something along those lines.
Back to top Go down
LittleMariko
Mystic Moogle
LittleMariko

Female
Number of posts : 2042
Rep! : 61
Registration date : 2009-01-17

PostSubject: Re: Technique Questions   Technique Questions EmptySun Jun 21, 2009 1:41 pm

If someone's doing a quest and you're technically posting in the quest but not "doing" the quest per se', are you allowed to complete a personal quest, like, oh let's say a transformation one?
Back to top Go down
Psi Prince
Mystic Moogle
Psi Prince

Male

PostSubject: Re: Technique Questions   Technique Questions EmptySun Jun 21, 2009 5:30 pm

Rune wrote:
Alright with the Familiar tech in the Energy Magic, it says that they can make 'creatures' .. now that 's' means they can create more then one in a single go I'm guessing what I'm wondering is the cost to create multiple the same cost or does the cost increase with each additional one that is created?

No, the cost remains the same, but basically the familiars split the Fierce rating is my understanding. So if fierce vs weak results in 40 points of dmg lets say, and you only create one familiar like a tail, the familiar deals 40 dmg, if you create two they deal 20 points each, 3 deal 13.33 and so forth.

Rune wrote:
On the Bulletime tech, it states that " Gun shot causes a defensive reaction that heightens etc.. " by the info given here, the technique sounds like it would be passive as it seems to cause the subject to enter into a defensive state upon hearing the gunshot, or something along those lines.

Just the part you quoted would be passive, but I think you "activate" the added reaction "ability" and the ability to dodge the bullets, so that's why it's still an active ability.

Little Mariko wrote:
If someone's doing a quest and you're technically posting in the quest but not "doing" the quest per se', are you allowed to complete a personal quest, like, oh let's say a transformation one?

Since it's just an RP for you, you can do an outside quest, but the rewards/benefits from that quest won't be applicable in the big quest that you're in. If you're talking about the Tiamat quest, that quest would be on the rules of a site event where you can work outside of the site event, but the update is frozen as far as the Tiamat quest is concerned.

Hope that helps you two.
Back to top Go down
ShinTre_Admin
Admin
ShinTre_Admin

Male

PostSubject: Re: Technique Questions   Technique Questions EmptySun Jun 21, 2009 8:23 pm

@rune - ya it seems like that, but i want there to be a stamina cost for it's usage, since u can choose not to go into bullettime mode

@rune - i like kaz's go w/this. but, what you create appears to be creatures even if its only one thing. like w/alucards familiars, it looked like he had like six dog shadows, but he called them out all at once. each usage of them is like an attack. each strike is fierce. stamina's based on that.

@mari - actually as long as you accomplish the reqs you should be okay. i'll allow ppl to be dbz and learn how to go SS2 in a saga.

@kaz - thx
Back to top Go down
яuиє
Ascended Tonberry
яuиє

Male

PostSubject: Re: Technique Questions   Technique Questions EmptyMon Jun 22, 2009 2:45 am

Q 1: I have a question about 'Fighter Endurance' its effect " The ability to fight with normal fighting techniques (those with required next to them) without using Stamina. " does it work on other techs with the required by it that aren't in the same package, like for instance the ones in the firearms package, or other weapon packages, would it work for them too?

Q 2: With 'Powered Shot' would it work with thrown projectiles?

Ω Powered Shot
The ability to shoot a projectile in a manner where it would do more damage than natural (+1).
Back to top Go down
ShinTre_Admin
Admin
ShinTre_Admin

Male

PostSubject: Re: Technique Questions   Technique Questions EmptyMon Jun 22, 2009 8:26 am

a1: nah
a2: if its in the package for that. if not, it can prob be a custom
Back to top Go down
Psi Prince
Mystic Moogle
Psi Prince

Male

PostSubject: Re: Technique Questions   Technique Questions EmptySat Jun 27, 2009 2:04 am

Quote :
Seal
TEXP: 10
The ability to seal a spirit quarantining it in a host's body or object removing the ability of the host to use Demonic Arts or Possession abilities. The seal holds for a number of days depending on its control level (1 per level).

Area Purification
TEXP: 8
Both palms thrust out to extract streams of sutra cards from clothing sleeves to cover the terrain in a 50 ft radius to negate Demonic Art, Void and Possession (non passive) Techniques.
Effect: drain is Fierce

Umm... these seem a bit too powerful/broken since Seal can strip somewhere of their powers for DAYS, not posts and I don't believe Possession characters have a defense against Perfected Seal. I think the Demonic Arts package does, but if the ability doesn't miss, then their guard against it won't work anyway. I just see a problem with any ability that completely negates/removes/cancels an entire style of abilities with one move.

Area Purification: This is actually the best defense technique on the site b/c per its description if a character has this, they can negate Domen's big Dark Skies attack once it's within 50 ft of hitting the user. Not to mention that it's not irrational to think from the description that even if multiple demonic arts, void, and possession attacks come at once regardless of their strength, they will all automatically fail even if they're Perfected.
Back to top Go down
Dwem
Veteran
Dwem

Male
Number of posts : 594
Rep! : 13

PostSubject: Re: Technique Questions   Technique Questions EmptySat Jun 27, 2009 1:47 pm

I was wondering about a sort of Photographic memmory and ability to notice minute details with increased senses of a Haikaisha. (( Keen mentall and scensory awareness of there suroundings. )) As some Police and investigative reporters and also a few SWAT team charectors in real and in movies seam to obtain. Take a quick look and know right off the bat. The slightest details such as how many hostiges there are, gun men. what sort of guns they had and all sorts of small details needed before they can plan a organized assult. As to a Writer it would allow them to better fit in knowing the people around he or she better even if they were a complete stranger. Basicly see the slightest detain and rember it for like forever and such. Have a influential affect on everyone around them in what ever way they desire using this gathered information.
Back to top Go down
http://cid-27a2c67a2be8b0de.profile.live.com/
aѕceпxion
Ascended Tonberry
aѕceпxion

Male

PostSubject: Re: Technique Questions   Technique Questions EmptySat Jun 27, 2009 7:18 pm

Imm, that would probably be a custom technique for the pysch package. Lol @ Kaz saying something is overpowered.
Back to top Go down
Dwem
Veteran
Dwem

Male
Number of posts : 594
Rep! : 13

PostSubject: Re: Technique Questions   Technique Questions EmptySat Jun 27, 2009 7:38 pm

Thanks, that was very helpfull.
Back to top Go down
http://cid-27a2c67a2be8b0de.profile.live.com/
Kiun
Intern
Kiun

Male
Number of posts : 498
Rep! : 8
Registration date : 2009-02-04

PostSubject: Re: Technique Questions   Technique Questions EmptySat Jun 27, 2009 11:51 pm

Psi_Prince wrote:
I just see a problem with any ability that completely negates/removes/cancels an entire style of abilities with one move.
I hear killing your opponent negates/removes/cancels all of their styles of abilities and can be done within one move.

ONNNNNTOPIC (since I don't feel ONLY trolling would be appropriate): I agree with Seal and disagree with Area Purification. Seal can last way too long for way too little, though I still don't know exactly how it works. Does it go, "Okay, I'm far away, cast spell, it travels and hits you." Or, is it like a melee attack where you thrust spiritual energy on them/place a sutra tag on them?
Maybe make Seal last for a single day? Only 1 - 5 posts would make it kinda' bad, but anymore than a day would be excessive. Or maybe make it like 7-Nail Seal, where it needs to be held for "x" posts to be applied? Maybe make it like:

Seal
TEXP: 10
The ability to seal a spirit quarantining it in a host's body or object removing the ability of the host to use Demonic Arts or Possession abilities. The seal holds for 1 day and the spell must be held for a number of posts depending on its control level for it to have an effect (4 - .5 per control level).

Area Purification I still don't see a problem with though. Since it only guards a specific area and stops things within that area. It just works as a really good defense. I mean, I know Shin sites seem to have a lot of "One-Shot Kill" tendencies, but having a defensive move that's good too seems fine. Hell the other defensive moves are only "Strong Guard!" while people can easily get Destructive or Supreme attacks without too much of a problem. Having 1 defensive skill on the same playing field doesn't seem too bad, though honestly if its effective range was decreased 10 - 20 feet, I wouldn't cry out in outrage or anything, and I don't think anyone would have a reason to.
Back to top Go down
rekoa
Respected Elder
rekoa

Number of posts : 1322
Rep! : 11
Registration date : 2009-01-06

PostSubject: Re: Technique Questions   Technique Questions EmptySun Jun 28, 2009 1:57 am

Could put a destruvtive drain on Seal so it can't be used as easy.
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Ascended Tonberry
aѕceпxion

Male

PostSubject: Re: Technique Questions   Technique Questions EmptySun Jun 28, 2009 6:21 am

Or it can be set that seal drains the user's ability to use spiritual arts for the same amount of days as the spirit is sealed.
Back to top Go down
ShinTre_Admin
Admin
ShinTre_Admin

Male

PostSubject: Re: Technique Questions   Technique Questions EmptyMon Jun 29, 2009 9:39 am

@ psi - nah their fine. i'll look into. prob put a proximity req with seal. bag back bag back... gimme 50 ft (houston rap)
@ dwem - see kyro
@ kyro - good boy
@ kiun - haha! you're kiun... you're full of win and awesome by default
@ rekoa - *stares at boobs* uh huh... whatever you said... *not paying attention*
@ kyhoe - good idea, run it
Back to top Go down
яuиє
Ascended Tonberry
яuиє

Male

PostSubject: Re: Technique Questions   Technique Questions EmptyWed Jul 08, 2009 11:17 am

Would a possessed character be able to learn techniques with the 'Ω' next to them?
Back to top Go down
Psi Prince
Mystic Moogle
Psi Prince

Male

PostSubject: Re: Technique Questions   Technique Questions EmptyWed Jul 08, 2009 1:52 pm

Physical yes, Adv Magic no.
Back to top Go down
яuиє
Ascended Tonberry
яuиє

Male

PostSubject: Re: Technique Questions   Technique Questions EmptySun Jul 12, 2009 2:00 am

I have a QQ about the Pure Energy Draw technique in the Energy Magic pack. Since you have to do a chant in order to use a magical spell, do you have to use a chant to activate it and use stamina to activate and maintain? Or would it be like a passive ability that you can activate at will, when not using another technique, and regain stamina.. understand my QQ? lols
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Ascended Tonberry
aѕceпxion

Male

PostSubject: Re: Technique Questions   Technique Questions EmptySun Jul 12, 2009 8:51 pm

It seems as if it would be passive once activated. It would defeat its purpose if it were to cost stamina.
Back to top Go down
яuиє
Ascended Tonberry
яuиє

Male

PostSubject: Re: Technique Questions   Technique Questions EmptySun Jul 12, 2009 8:53 pm

Ah, alright, thanks!
Back to top Go down
яuиє
Ascended Tonberry
яuиє

Male

PostSubject: Re: Technique Questions   Technique Questions EmptyTue Jul 14, 2009 3:53 am

Could you put multiple 'Stamina Spores' on someone to increase the effect of it? Also, could someone pull the spores off to stop the drain?
Back to top Go down
Psi Prince
Mystic Moogle
Psi Prince

Male

PostSubject: Re: Technique Questions   Technique Questions EmptyTue Jul 14, 2009 4:34 am

No, you can't. Just like you can't double cast Curse or Poison on someone already affected. Yes, you would use a "poison/status effect removal tech" to get rid of it.
Back to top Go down
яuиє
Ascended Tonberry
яuиє

Male

PostSubject: Re: Technique Questions   Technique Questions EmptyTue Jul 14, 2009 4:39 am

I see... Darn ;-; stupid status effect removing stuff..
Back to top Go down
яuиє
Ascended Tonberry
яuиє

Male

PostSubject: Re: Technique Questions   Technique Questions EmptyFri Aug 14, 2009 1:24 am

I have an interesting question, I was wondering if a woylf would be able to use there attack based techniques while in there human form?
Back to top Go down
ShinTre_Admin
Admin
ShinTre_Admin

Male

PostSubject: Re: Technique Questions   Technique Questions EmptyFri Aug 14, 2009 9:43 am

think this was already answered?... one of the first questions about techs... but nah.
Back to top Go down
яuиє
Ascended Tonberry
яuиє

Male

PostSubject: Re: Technique Questions   Technique Questions EmptyFri Aug 14, 2009 10:24 am

Lol, alright boss man. I remember asking about Feral Senses and Feline Agility but those two are passive abilities.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Technique Questions   Technique Questions Empty

Back to top Go down

Technique Questions
Page 1 of 9Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next