Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

H2H Content Site ( Mirror ) - New Content Added 11/22!

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The Gun Range. (Open)(tech training)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
¤Hıgúré¤
¤Hıgúré¤

Male
Number of posts : 88
Rep! : 0
Registration date : 2009-01-03

The Gun Range. (Open)(tech training) Empty
PostSubject: The Gun Range. (Open)(tech training)   The Gun Range. (Open)(tech training) EmptyThu Mar 05, 2009 10:56 pm

"Most police forces only require that their officers qualify twice a year with their firearms, unless of course the officers are in a special unit, such as SWAT. I, personally think that's bullshit, which is why you can find me at the range more often than any of my colleagues."

I walked into the firing range and looked around a bit. I had skipped out on the range for the past couple weeks while I moved into my new appartment. I nodded to the owner who was standing behind the counter, he didn't know me yet, but soon enough I'd be a regular and we'd be on a first name basis. I pulled my headphones out of my ears and turned off my ipod as I made my way up to him. "Any spots open right now?" he chuckled a bit, "yeah almost all of them are, you need a gun to rent or are you all set?" I smirked slightly, "Just got mine issued to me, I'll need to see if this one is worth keeping or if I should invest in my own." The guy nodded "Ah, your a cop. The standard issue guns seem to do alright, I haven't heard too many complaints." I nodded, "Well,I'll be the judge of that I guess."

wc: 224
Back to top Go down
¤Hıgúré¤
¤Hıgúré¤

Male
Number of posts : 88
Rep! : 0

PostSubject: Re: The Gun Range. (Open)(tech training)   The Gun Range. (Open)(tech training) EmptyFri Mar 06, 2009 11:39 am

I made my way towards one of the firing booths, after purchasing a couple of paper targets and a box of range ammo from the manager. I set all but one of the targets on a bench that was next to me. I hit the button to bring the target holder up to me. After placing my first target I set it back to about seven yards away from the booth, that was a pretty typical distance to be firing at. I picked up my gun and took aim at the target. It was a typical human silhouette target, we had bee taught to fire center of mass, because the torso was alot easier to hit than the head. In my opinon however, a head shot made sure they were dead. You could never tell who was wearing a vest after all. I pulled up my gun and aligned my sights first on the center of mass. Even though I didn't completely agree with the method, it was the basis of our pistol qualification to remain on the force. I fired off a couple of rounds and watched the holes in the center of the target form. I nodded, that was more than sufficiently accurate to pass the pistol qualification. I then took aim at the head of the silhouette the first time I pulled the trigger the bullet was couple inches to the left of the silhouette, I frowned a bit and then sighted in again and pulled the trigger, this time the bullet hit dead center on the silhouettes head. That was a little bit more like it.

wc:283
twc:507
Back to top Go down
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry
Surreal SaDiablo

Female
Number of posts : 3123
Rep! : 257

PostSubject: Re: The Gun Range. (Open)(tech training)   The Gun Range. (Open)(tech training) EmptySat Mar 07, 2009 11:07 pm

Updated
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Gun Range. (Open)(tech training)   The Gun Range. (Open)(tech training) Empty

Back to top Go down

The Gun Range. (Open)(tech training)
Page 1 of 1