Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

H2H Content Site ( Mirror ) - New Content Added 11/22!

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Day At The Range (Open)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
яuиє
Ascended Tonberry
яuиє

Male
Number of posts : 3978
Rep! : 82
Registration date : 2009-01-02

Day At The Range (Open) Empty
PostSubject: Day At The Range (Open)   Day At The Range (Open) EmptyTue Nov 16, 2010 9:05 pm

Day At The Range

Taking another bite of my lunch, I glance across the table at my SG21 shotgun and cleaning kit that lay next to it. Since it was one of my off days I had spent the morning cleaning my weapons and making sure they where still in working order, though I had done little with them aside from routine maintenance and upkeep. With my gaze still on the shotgun, I finish chewing up the bite and sandwich I had taken and once I swallow it I take the last bite of the sandwich and begin chewing it up as I ponder what I should do with the rest of the day. As I look at the shotgun laying on the table I begin to get the hankering to head somewhere and just shoot stuff. As the desire to go shoot my guns comes up, the first thought that comes to mind as to what I could shoot is baddies, though I am off duty and it might not be to good to just go around like a vigilante again.. With that airplane shot down the next place I could go to shoot my guns comes to mind, the firing range in town. With the range in mind, I climb from my chair and grab the shotgun before heading to my bedroom. Entering the room, I set the shotgun on the bed before I finish getting dressed and gather up a few weapons to use at the range. Once I had everything I wished to take with me I leave my apartment and head down to where I keep my SUV parked and climb in, setting my gear in the passenger side. After getting situated I start my car and head out.

Arriving at the City Metro Range, I pull into a parking spot and turn my vehicle off. Reaching over, I grab the bag in the passenger seat and push the door open and climb out. I push the door shut before heading across the parking lot and into the building. Once I enter the building I sign in and head back to the range. The closer I get to the range the louder the familiar sound of gunfire becomes, though I make sure to wear ear protection to help protect my hearing. Stepping into the large open range, I glance around before finding an open area. I make my way over to the area and set my bag down before turning my gaze down range for a moment.

Post WC: 417
Total WC: 417
Day At The Range (Open) Ingel_19
Back to top Go down
ero
Veteran
ero

Male
Number of posts : 742
Rep! : 0
Registration date : 2009-10-27

PostSubject: Re: Day At The Range (Open)   Day At The Range (Open) EmptyTue Nov 16, 2010 9:24 pm

It was a nice relaxing day for Kuna. His classes at the university were pretty easy now that he had started to take it seriously, and the financial aid he was getting allowed him to rent a small apartment near the Academic District which allowed him to finally move out of his parent's apartment. He was still making sure though too hone his skills at the range and went pretty frequently down too Gunshyne to practice his skills. His classes had rapped up for the day leaving him with essentially nothing to do, so he had decided too go down too the range and work on his shooting with his Garand.

His arrival would be via cab, and he would pull out his rifle case and sling it over his shoulder. Kuna would reach inside of his pocket and extract a few bills to cover the cab fare, then he would proceed into the building. The sounds of gunfire ringing through the air brought a little smile to his face as he went and got ear protection for himself, then started looking for an open area, yet it seemed like they were all full. He would just have to wait then for a spot to open up then.
Back to top Go down
яuиє
Ascended Tonberry
яuиє

Male

PostSubject: Re: Day At The Range (Open)   Day At The Range (Open) EmptyTue Nov 16, 2010 9:44 pm

Day At The Range

Shifting my gaze from down range, I turn my attention to my bag and reach down to it and begin to open it. Once I had the bag open I reach into it and grab the grip of my pump action shotgun and pull it from the bag, as I pull it from the bag I glance over it before setting it on the counter in front of me. After setting it down I reach back into the bag and grab a box of shotgun shells. Pulling the box out, I set it down next to the shotgun and then reach into my coat and grab both my pistols in my back holster and pull them from the holster and set them on the counter as well. Reaching away from the pistols, I grab the shotgun and lift it from the counter before checking to make sure I had left it unloaded. Upon seeing that it was not loaded I give a nod and reach over with my free hand and open the box of shotgun shells. With the box of shotgun shells open, I pull a few from the box and begin to load the shotgun shell by shell. With the last shell loaded into the shotgun, I grab the pump handle and pump the shotgun to load the first shell. After loading the first shell, I make sure the safety is on before grabbing another shell from the box and loading it into the shotgun to replace the one I loaded into the chamber.

Post WC: 256
Total WC: 673
Day At The Range (Open) Ingel_19
Back to top Go down
ero
Veteran
ero

Male

PostSubject: Re: Day At The Range (Open)   Day At The Range (Open) EmptyTue Nov 16, 2010 10:00 pm

Kuna would be leaning up against the wall waiting for a space to open. He would not have to wait long for a person to be finished with his shooting. Kuna would give a nod too the man as he loaded up his things into a black duffel bag and left the spot open. The university student would open the case showing the polished wood and stock of the M1 Garand which he had purchased from Toot. The gun would be empty and with the safety off. He would also pull out a box of bullets and pull out a clip of eight and slap them into the internal magazine of the Garand. He would bring the rifle up too his shoulder and take aim at the target downrange. Kuna would just be using the iron sights for this, and he would spend several moments concentrating before flicking the safety off and pulling the trigger.
Back to top Go down
яuиє
Ascended Tonberry
яuиє

Male

PostSubject: Re: Day At The Range (Open)   Day At The Range (Open) EmptyTue Nov 16, 2010 10:29 pm

With the shotgun loaded and ready to go, I reach over to the control panel and hit the button to call for a target, selecting the range at close so I could practice with my shotgun. When the target begins to move from the back of the range towards me, I watch it for a moment before glancing at my shotgun once again. Lifting my gaze from the shotgun, I turn my gaze to the target as it comes to a stop a few yards away from me. Looking at the target I bring my shotgun up, gripping the handle and the pump handle as I take aim at the target. Looking at the target, I hold my fire for a moment as I shift my gaze over the target, thinking on where to shoot the. After a moment longer of looking at the target, I finally decided on the area of the target to shoot. Shifting my gaze to the center of the targets chest, I take aim at the target, aiming the shotgun at the center of the targets chest before I give the trigger a squeeze. The squeeze of the trigger as followed by a muffled explosion as the shell in the chamber is fired, launching the slug from the shotgun that rips through the center of the paper target. I let my arms absorb the recoil of the firing shotgun and as I recover from the recoil I pull the pump handle, ejecting the spent shell and loading in the next round.

Post WC: 256
Total WC: 929
Back to top Go down
ero
Veteran
ero

Male

PostSubject: Re: Day At The Range (Open)   Day At The Range (Open) EmptyTue Nov 16, 2010 10:47 pm

The shot wasn't perfect, and hit the lower torso of the target. He would need to compensate for the drift of the bullet. He would lift the rifle a little bit squeeze the trigger twice more. Those shots would hit where he wanted them, and he gave a little smile at that. He would finish off the rest of the clip in the Garand at a rapid pace before setting the rifle down. Kuna knew he was a pretty decent shot with the rifle and upon seeing the results of the paper target, that would only be reaffirmed in his eyes. It was his skills with the shotgun and pistols that worried him. He had bought a large revolver to try out and begin perfecting those shooting techniques, but Kuna was hesitant to use it. *Should get a smaller pistol to make sure that I am ready for it.* He would think to himself as he reached into his carrying case and pulled out another clip of bullets and extracted the old one before putting the fresh one into the internal magazine of the gun.
Back to top Go down
яuиє
Ascended Tonberry
яuиє

Male

PostSubject: Re: Day At The Range (Open)   Day At The Range (Open) EmptyThu Nov 18, 2010 12:14 am

Gazing at the paper target for a moment, I look at the whole in the abdomen of the target and give a faint nod, " Lets go a little faster.. " I murmur to myself as I brace myself for the recoil the shotgun would produce when it is fired. After bracing myself I take aim at the target once again, shifting my gaze over it for a moment before I take aim at center mass on the paper target. As I focus on the paper target, I begin to apply pressure to the trigger of the shotgun, giving it a squeeze to fire off the next shell. The shotgun produces a loud boom and releases the contents of the shotgun shell in the chamber. Right after firing the first shell, I pull the pump back quickly and load the next shell. With the next shell loaded I give the trigger another squeeze, firing off a second round. Following in rapid succession, I fire off two more rounds before pausing for a moment to look at the target. Lowering the shotgun, I look at the paper target and scan over it for a moment. The four shots had mangled the chest of the target, ripping through the thin paper like a hot knife through butter.

Post WC: 215
Back to top Go down
ero
Veteran
ero

Male

PostSubject: Re: Day At The Range (Open)   Day At The Range (Open) EmptyThu Nov 18, 2010 12:29 am

Kuna would have finished firing another clip of eight rounds from his Garand. His aim was getting better by little increments, but he needed to really work on his pistol play. He would set the gun back down into the case and close it before pulling out his oversized revolver and got out several large caliber revolver bullets and began sliding them into the cylinder. Six bullets went in and he lifted the gun up, letting himself get used too the heft of the gun. He would thumb the hammer back on the hand cannon, and would pull the trigger. There would be a large audible roar from the gun that could be heard even through the ear protection. The round would tear through the paper target and leaved a large gaping hole inside of the target. A little smirk crossed his face.
Back to top Go down
яuиє
Ascended Tonberry
яuиє

Male

PostSubject: Re: Day At The Range (Open)   Day At The Range (Open) EmptyFri Nov 19, 2010 8:49 pm

Turning my gaze from the paper target, I glance down at my shotgun and flip the safety back on before I begin to lower the weapon. Now that I had destroyed the paper target with the first volley of shot from my shotgun, it was time to get another one up so I could start shooting it. Releasing the pistol grip of the shotgun, I reach over and press the button to bring the target to me. I turn my gaze back to the target and watch it as it moves through the air before coming to a stop in front of me. After it comes to a stop I remove the target and look at it for a moment before putting a new paper target in its place and send it back out to the range I had set. Once the target came to a stop I take a hold of the pistol grip and bring the shotgun back up. Before getting ready to fire again, I pause for a moment to check the shotgun's internal magazine. Upon seeing that the magazine was empty I frown faintly. The shotgun didn't hold as many rounds as a pistol or an assault rifle so that will take some getting use too. Releasing the pistol grip again, I reach over to the box of shells and grab a few before I begin to reload the shotgun once again. This time as I begin to load the weapon I count out the number of shells it is able to hold, so I would know how many I could fire before needing to reload again.

Post WC: 271
Back to top Go down
ero
Veteran
ero

Male

PostSubject: Re: Day At The Range (Open)   Day At The Range (Open) EmptyFri Nov 19, 2010 10:08 pm

The revolver roared five more times ripping large holes in the paper target. Kuna would set the gun down as he pressed the button too pull the target back too him, so he could get a close up look at the damage that had been caused. His aim had been pretty terrible, meaning he would have to spend more time firing handguns, but he liked the feel of the gun in his hands. He could even attach a low powered scope onto the revolver if he wanted too as well. He would pick up the taurus and open the cylinder and begin extracting the spent shells. Kuna probably could reuse the casings. The one thing that he really needed was a shotgun, which he could practice his shotgun skills with. He would reach into his bag and pull out another six large pistol rounds and begin sliding them one by one into the revolver cylinder.
Back to top Go down
яuиє
Ascended Tonberry
яuиє

Male

PostSubject: Re: Day At The Range (Open)   Day At The Range (Open) EmptyFri Nov 19, 2010 11:24 pm

Pushing the first shell into the internal magazine of the shotgun, I glance down range at the target and let out a soft sigh as I continue to reload the shotgun. " What else needs work. " I ask myself as I load the last shell into the shotgun and pause for a moment, going over the number of shells I had loaded into the shotgun. When I had made sure I knew the right amount, I give a faint nod and grab the pump handle and pull it back, loading the first shell into the shotgun. Once the first shell was loaded into the chamber, I grab another from the box and load it into the internal magazine like before, thus increasing the total number of rounds I could fire by one. When I had first started to use this tactic it was a bit odd to get use to and a bit of a hassle at times, though it wasn't something that you could do all the time, especially not while in a gun fight, but it came in handy for the first volley of rounds fired from a gun, giving a small edge in the first part of a fire fight.

Post WC: 204
Back to top Go down
ero
Veteran
ero

Male

PostSubject: Re: Day At The Range (Open)   Day At The Range (Open) EmptyFri Nov 19, 2010 11:59 pm

Kuna would fire six more rounds, but his shots were not that much better from the first cycle. He would eject the used rounds and back into the duffel bag before putting the Garand and Taurus into the duffel bag. He would probably need to look into buying a shotgun, could probably saw off the barrel to make it more concealable. He was still mulling over his thoughts as he slung the bag over his shoulder and began making his way past all the other shooters. His eyes scanning over the various armaments they were using. It was easy enough to see that one was a policemen from the P90 that was sitting on top of the counter while he loaded a shotgun.
Back to top Go down
яuиє
Ascended Tonberry
яuиє

Male

PostSubject: Re: Day At The Range (Open)   Day At The Range (Open) EmptySat Nov 20, 2010 11:15 pm

Lifting my gaze from my shotgun, I glance at a man looking at me as he walks by. Looking at the man I nod my head faintly, " Hey there. " I say to the man, offering him a friendly smile. I notice the bag he is carrying and look at it for a moment. He must have come here to do some shooting just like me, " You looking for somewhere to shoot? " I ask the man, under the impression that he had just arrived and was looking for somewhere to shoot. During my time in the range I had shared a range with various people since at times there can be a lot of people here shooting, so I didn't mind sharing with a fellow gun enthusiast if they needed somewhere to shoot. I keep my gaze fixed on the man, scanning over him for a moment, wondering what type of weapons he had in the bag, perhaps he had some fancy weapons I might be able to try out..

Post WC: 173
Back to top Go down
ero
Veteran
ero

Male

PostSubject: Re: Day At The Range (Open)   Day At The Range (Open) EmptySun Nov 21, 2010 12:02 am

Kuna was observing him for a little bit before he noticed the blond observing him. "Hey and no I was just wondering what kind of shotgun you were using." Kuna would say getting a better look at the shotgun he was using. There was a sizing up between the two of them, and he had an itch to see what kind of firearms this man had. "You've got a wide variety of weaponry, would you be up for me trying out some of those weapons, and I'll let you try out mine." Kuna would say. He would then make his way over too him and unzip the duffel bag and would show him the Garand and the large caliber revolver. It wasn't an impressive armory compared too the sheer amount that the other guy had laid out on the counter.
Back to top Go down
яuиє
Ascended Tonberry
яuиє

Male

PostSubject: Re: Day At The Range (Open)   Day At The Range (Open) EmptySun Nov 21, 2010 12:09 am

" My shotgun.. " I answer, turning my gaze from the man and back to my shotgun now that he had brought it up. I look at the shotgun, " It's just a simple pump action. " I say as I shift my gaze over my shotgun before lifting it and looking back to the man. When he makes the comment about my weapons I smirk faintly as I glance back at my shotgun for a moment, nodding faintly to his comment. Lifting my gaze back to the man, I smile a bit more at his offer to let me try out his weapons if I let him try out mine. " Deal. " I say as I watch the man come closer and as he unzips the duffel bag and lets me see what he has inside it. I scan over the rifle and revolve. Both where something I had not seen before and looked very interesting. Lifting my gaze back to the man, I make sure the safety is still on on my shotgun before handing it to him, " I have this, and a break down two shot as well. You have some interesting weapons there. "

Post WC: 200
Back to top Go down
ero
Veteran
ero

Male

PostSubject: Re: Day At The Range (Open)   Day At The Range (Open) EmptySun Nov 21, 2010 12:25 am

Kuna would give a nod. "The revolver has quite the big kick too it if you aren't prepared for it you could lose your grip." He would say pulling out the empty revolver and a quick loader of the high caliber rounds that the gun used. "The rifle is a retired military rifle M1 Garand." He would say while pulling out a en bloc clip of rifle rounds and set it next too the rifle. "The Garand is semi-automatic, but its a good marksmen rifle if you have the training for it. I'm hoping to get the civilian version of the AR series here soon after I get a shotgun." He would say while letting him examine the firearms. "By the way my name is Inoue Kuna."
Back to top Go down
яuиє
Ascended Tonberry
яuиє

Male

PostSubject: Re: Day At The Range (Open)   Day At The Range (Open) EmptySun Nov 21, 2010 12:30 am

As he begins to explain to me what type of weapons he has, I give a faint nod as I listen to him. As he takes the revolver out I glance at it for a moment. I scan over the revolver for a moment and listen to the man as he begins to speak about the rifle. As he pulls out some rounds I glance at them for a moment before looking at the rifle, again listening as he speaks about it. Reaching down, I pick up the rifle and begin to look over it for a moment before glancing back to the man as he introduces himself. " It's nice to meet you Kuna. I'm Ingel, Ingel Mayer. "

Post WC: 120
Back to top Go down
ero
Veteran
ero

Male

PostSubject: Re: Day At The Range (Open)   Day At The Range (Open) EmptySun Nov 21, 2010 12:42 am

Kuna would give a slight nod of his head at Ingel introducing himself. "The Garand is somewhat tricky to load the first time since it uses an internal magazine, buts its easy once you know how to use it." He would say showing him how too load up the Garand. Kuna would flick the safety on the rifle before handing it over too Ingel, so that he could get a handle for the rifle. "Its a pretty neat firearm once you've used for it awhile." He would say as he took a few steps back and let Ingel fire off several rounds of the weapon if he chose too. "It has a good kick, but its manageable since its semi-auto." He would explain.
Back to top Go down
яuиє
Ascended Tonberry
яuиє

Male

PostSubject: Re: Day At The Range (Open)   Day At The Range (Open) EmptySun Nov 21, 2010 12:48 am

I give a faint nod to what he has to say about the weapon and watch as he loads the magazine. It was kind of like a shotgun, it had an internal magazine, though at the same time it was nothing like the shotguns internal magazine. When Kuna offered me the weapon, I reach out and take it from him and look over it for a moment before turning to face down range. As I face down range, I bring the Garand up and press the butt of the weapon against my shoulder, " Alright. " I say as I firmly grip the weapon in both hands and begin to look down the sights to get a feel for it. Pausing for a moment, I release the handle of the weapon and reach over and make the target go back so I could shoot at it at a good distance. Once the target stopped moving, I took aim at it again as I placed my finger against the trigger. Gazing down the sights of the weapon, I lined up a shot before giving the trigger a squeeze, firing off a round. I lurch back slightly from the kick of the weapon, though it wasn't to bad.

Post WC: 206
Back to top Go down
ero
Veteran
ero

Male

PostSubject: Re: Day At The Range (Open)   Day At The Range (Open) EmptySun Nov 21, 2010 1:02 am

He would put on his ear protection after the first shot, and he would wait for him to shoot off several more rounds. "Its a pretty cool firearm, pretty rugged too." Kuna would say as he waited for him to finish his round of firing before pulling out the revolver. He would pass over the hand cannon too Ingel and then the rounds for him to load up. "That has substantially more of a kick too it then the Garand, those rounds are those typically used for hunting big game animals." He would say before reaching into his duffel bag once more and pulling out a attachable carbon fiber stock. "If the kick is too much for you, then this attachable stock helps a lot too mitigate it." Kuna would say before setting it down next too the revolver.
Back to top Go down
яuиє
Ascended Tonberry
яuиє

Male

PostSubject: Re: Day At The Range (Open)   Day At The Range (Open) EmptySun Nov 21, 2010 1:11 am

After the first shot, I take a moment to look at the target before I begin to fire the rest of the magazine. In rapid succession I fire off the rest of the magazine of the Garand and as the weapon runs out of rounds I begin to lower it and gaze down range at the target for a moment. When I hear Kuna speak I lower the Garand and set it down before turning my attention to the revolver he is offering me. Taking the revolver and the ammo for it I look at it, taking a moment to recall how to load a revolver. It wasn't exactly the type of weapon I normally fire so loading one was a bit foreign for me. Once I remembered how to load the revolver, I flick the cylinder out and begin to load the rounds into it. The weapon sounded very destructive from the way Kuna was describing it. It fired rounds for big game? That was pretty intense. Once the revolver was loaded I flick the cylinder back into place and glance back at Kuna as he mentions the stock. As he sets the stock down, I look at it for a moment, " Alright. " I say, though I had made up my mind to try out this weapon with out the stock, to see how strong the kick really is.

Post WC: 232
Back to top Go down
ero
Veteran
ero

Male

PostSubject: Re: Day At The Range (Open)   Day At The Range (Open) EmptySun Nov 21, 2010 1:28 am

Kuna could see that Ingel was determined to try firing the revolver without the stock. *Well, he should be at least prepared for the kick of the gun.* He thought to himself as he took a few steps away from Ingel while he loaded the revolver. The first shot would be a deafening roar and the revolver would kick up in the air. "Told ya that thing had a kick." He would say while watching him shoot the rest of the revolver. He would have a little smirk on his face after Ingel had finished. "First time I fired that thing surprised the hell out of me, but you've got too keep a firm handle, even then though its a hell of a kick." Kuna said waiting to see what Ingel's reactions were too the kick of the firearm.
Back to top Go down
яuиє
Ascended Tonberry
яuиє

Male

PostSubject: Re: Day At The Range (Open)   Day At The Range (Open) EmptySun Nov 21, 2010 1:41 am

Bringing the revolver up, I hold it out in both hands and aim down range at the target. As I hold the revolver I begin to brace myself for the kick of the weapon. Once I think I am ready for it, I begin to squeeze the trigger and fire the first round. As the revolver lets loose and fires the first round, I find I have greatly underestemated the kick of the weapon and the force of the first shot sends my arms into the air along with the revolver. I keep a frim grip on the weapon as my arms go up into the air and I lurch back someone from the force of the first shot. " Damn. " I murmur lightly to myself as I bring the revolver back down and pause for a moment. Glancing over my shoulder back at Kuna, I give a faint nod. He did indeed warn me, though I view first hand experience as the best teacher in life. Taking aim at the target once again, I begin to brace myself, this time bracing myself more then before. I adjust my feet and take a wider stance as I grip the handle of the revolver, tightening my muscles more. Again I feel ready and give the trigger a squeeze once again. Again the revolver roars the life and lets loose another shot as well as a massive amount of kick, though this time I had braced enough and was more capable of handling the weapon. I take a moment to recover before I fire the rest of the rounds in the revolver. Once I had fired the last round I lower the revolver and set it on the counter before letting out a light sigh, " You have your self a powerful weapon there Kuna. "

Post WC: 305
Back to top Go down
ero
Veteran
ero

Male

PostSubject: Re: Day At The Range (Open)   Day At The Range (Open) EmptySun Nov 21, 2010 1:51 am

"Yeah, its a pretty dangerous weapon, but in a firefight its kind of limited because of the kick unless you know how too handle it." Kuna would say as he took the revolver and emptied the rounds from the cylinder and dumped the spent casings into the duffel bag. "Its a superb hunting weapon though." He would say as his left hand picked up the Garand and slid it back into the duffel bag. Kuna looked over the small armory that was Ingel's. "Simple pump action, can I try it out?" He would ask waiting for the approval of the other man before picking up the gun and a shotgun shell and sliding it into the chamber. He would take a few moments to get used too the feel of the weapon before bringing it up too his shoulder experimentally.
Back to top Go down
яuиє
Ascended Tonberry
яuиє

Male

PostSubject: Re: Day At The Range (Open)   Day At The Range (Open) EmptySun Nov 21, 2010 1:56 am

Looking at the revolver again, I nod to what he has to say. " You wouldn't happen to have a permit for this weapon? " I ask in a joking manner as I turn my attention back to Kuna. A weapon like that would come in handy when fighting against something tough, though I wouldn't want a revolver, an auto-loader is more my style, I'll have to look into getting something like it. As Kuna asks if he can try out my shotgun, I give a faint nod, " Sure. " I say and step aside, letting him into the booth before I step back, " If you want to try the two shot break down I can get it out for you. " I say as I watch him.

Post WC: 130
Back to top Go down
ero
Veteran
ero

Male

PostSubject: Re: Day At The Range (Open)   Day At The Range (Open) EmptySun Nov 21, 2010 2:09 am

"Of course I have one." Kuna would say as he ran his hand along the length of the barrel too get a better feel for the weapon. He would step into the vacant position that Ingel had left and brought the shotgun up too his shoulder and pulled the trigger. There was quite the kick against his shoulder, but it wasn't anything like the revolver. "Its got a nice kick too it, but that is too be expected with a shotgun." Kuna would say setting the shotgun down and turned back too face Ingel. "Actually, yeah that does sound fun. I'd like to try the double barrel if it wouldn't be too much of a hassle for you." He said.
Back to top Go down
яuиє
Ascended Tonberry
яuиє

Male

PostSubject: Re: Day At The Range (Open)   Day At The Range (Open) EmptySun Nov 21, 2010 2:18 am

It was good to hear that the man had a permit for the weapons, it would be a shame to take him in on a weapons violation charge. I watch Kuna as he steps into the booth and brings the shotgun up and gets ready before firing a single round at the target. When he speaks up and makes the comment about the kick, I give a faint nod in agreement. When he turns to face me and takes up the offer to let him try my double barrel, I nod again, " It's not a problem. " I say as I reach down to my hip but quickly find out that it wasn't there. Remembering that I didn't put the holster on before leaving I sigh lightly and kneel down and dig into my bag before pulling out the over and under style double barrel shotgun that has had its barrel's sawed off to make it more compact and easier to carry. " Here we go. " I say as I stand and offer the weapon to Kuna, " It isn't loaded right now. "

Post WC: 186
Back to top Go down
ero
Veteran
ero

Male

PostSubject: Re: Day At The Range (Open)   Day At The Range (Open) EmptySun Nov 21, 2010 2:28 am

He would set the shotgun down and waited for him to come back with the break action. The shortened barrel was interesting, and it didn't have the tell tale signs of being illegally modified. He had to assume it was manufactured, and they would only sell those too police. Kuna pondered in the back of his mind if this guy happened too be a police officer. "Thanks." He would say taking the shotgun out of Ingel's hands and broke it open, and he would pull out two shells and slide them into the two barrels before snapping the gun back together. He thumbed the hammer back for the first barrel and braced it against his shoulder getting it used too the shortened barrel. "Holding it is a lot different from the pump action." He would say squaring his shoulders and pulling the trigger, which expelled the shot in the left tube at the paper target.
Back to top Go down
яuиє
Ascended Tonberry
яuиє

Male

PostSubject: Re: Day At The Range (Open)   Day At The Range (Open) EmptySun Nov 21, 2010 2:35 am

" No problem. " I say and once Kuna had taken the shotgun I stand back up and watch as he breaks it down and loads it. He knew his way around different fire arms, though he didn't seem like an officer and I hadn't seen him before when I worked as a police officer and not in the division. Watching Kuna, I study his form with the new weapon, slowly scanning over his posture with it and nod when he makes the comment, " Indeed. " I say before he pulls the trigger and fires a single shot from the two shot, " It isn't to effective when your in a deep gun fight, having to reload a break down takes to much time unless you have cover. " I say as I glance at the target. Over my hears I had gained a lot of experience with many different weapons and considered myself well versed with the use of fire arms.

Post WC; 163
Back to top Go down
ero
Veteran
ero

Male

PostSubject: Re: Day At The Range (Open)   Day At The Range (Open) EmptySun Nov 21, 2010 2:47 am

He would nod as he thumbed the hammer down for the other barrel. "I'm guessing that this type of shotgun is used more for breaching doors then for a sustained firefight." He would say before pulling the trigger and letting the other barrel roar too life and expelling its shot before he broke the gun open and extracted the shells. Kuna would then put the gun down next too the pump action. "Thanks for letting me shoot those guns though. I had been wondering what kind of model shotgun I should buy. There are a lot of different models out on the market." Kuna would say as he vacated the spot to let Ingel resume shooting if he wanted too.
Back to top Go down
яuиє
Ascended Tonberry
яuиє

Male

PostSubject: Re: Day At The Range (Open)   Day At The Range (Open) EmptySun Nov 21, 2010 2:53 am

When Kuna spoke about breaching doors, I pause for a moment before giving a faint nod, " Yeah, it does help with that. " I say as he fires the last shot loaded in the shotgun. After the last shot was fired I watch Kuna as he takes the shells out and puts the weapon down. I glance at the shotgun before turning my attention to Kuna as he speaks, thanking me for letting him shoot the two shotguns. " No problem. " I say with a nod, " Yeah. I've been thinking about getting another shotgun as well as some more weapons for my.. collection. " As Kuna steps aside, I step into the booth and glance back at him for a moment before turning my gaze to the booth and reach down, picking up both my pistols, " So tell me, what line of work are you in? " I ask as I bring up both pistols and aim down range with them.

Post WC; 165
Back to top Go down
ero
Veteran
ero

Male

PostSubject: Re: Day At The Range (Open)   Day At The Range (Open) EmptySun Nov 21, 2010 3:02 am

Kuna would pick up his duffel bag on the way out of the booth, and would sling it over his shoulder. "I'm a university student at the moment, but I have an internship lined up at Nyte Industries, a small arms firm." He would say which would explain his knowledge of fire arms for Ingel if he had been wondering how he knew about that. "Going two handed? Wouldn't that harm your accuracy quite a lot?" He would ask after Ingel fired. It didn't seem like it had affected Ingel that much to be honest in his opinion, but he was certainly more comfortable using a rifle or sub-machine gun. "So, what kind of work do you do?" Kuna would ask turning the question back too Ingel.
Back to top Go down
яuиє
Ascended Tonberry
яuиє

Male

PostSubject: Re: Day At The Range (Open)   Day At The Range (Open) EmptyTue Nov 23, 2010 10:37 pm

I give a nod to Kuna's answer and take a moment to think over what he had to say before pulling the trigger of both pistols I held, firing both pistols at the same time. When I hear the question from Kuna, I lower both pistols and look at them for a moment before glancing back at him, " I enforce the law.. And no, it really has no effect on my accuracy, I am quite skilled duel wielding pistols. Its one of the skills I picked up and it felt natural to me, like wielding a gun. " I said as I glance down at the two pistols once again and spin the one in my right hand around using the trigger guard, " Pistols, rifles, shotguns... I have a knack for working firearms and over the years I have honed my skills with an assortment of firearms. "

Post WC; 150
Back to top Go down
ero
Veteran
ero

Male

PostSubject: Re: Day At The Range (Open)   Day At The Range (Open) EmptyWed Nov 24, 2010 12:16 am

Kuna would give a slight nod of his head as he stuck his hands into his pockets and watched him fire off a few more shots. It was clear this guy was pretty skilled with the different firearms. He himself had spent most of his time honing his skills with the rifle. Kuna could see though that he had a narrow focus, and that it would not hurt too expand his repertoire of skills. "I guess your accuracy wouldn't suffer if you spent a lot of time developing your shooting skills, have you ever tried the gangster style of shooting?" Kuna would ask a little smile on his face.
Back to top Go down
яuиє
Ascended Tonberry
яuиє

Male

PostSubject: Re: Day At The Range (Open)   Day At The Range (Open) EmptyWed Nov 24, 2010 10:28 pm

Lifting my gaze from the two pistols, I look down range for a moment, down at the paper target or at least what was left of it after being destroyed by gunfire. I keep my gaze on the remains of the paper target for a moment and listen as Kuna begins to speak. When the part about gangster style of shooting came up, I frowned faintly, " Gangster style? " I ask as he frown fades from my face and I glance back at Kuna, " Are you talking about like this? " I ask as I bring the two pistols up and as if it was a reflex, take aim at the remains of the paper target as I turn both the guns side ways so the slides face each other. I kept my gaze on Kuna since I didn't need to look at what I was doing to know what I was doing, firing in such a manner was something I had done years ago when I was young and it was something you never forgot.

Post WC; 178
Back to top Go down
ero
Veteran
ero

Male

PostSubject: Re: Day At The Range (Open)   Day At The Range (Open) EmptyWed Nov 24, 2010 11:43 pm

Kuna would give a slight nod of his head. "Yeah, that's exactly what I am talking about." He would say giving a little chuckle at the end of it. "Seems like you've done that kind of thing before." He would say pushing a hand through his blond locks. "I'm guessing you've been on the police force for quite some time?" He asked wanting to change the conversation up a bit since talking about shooting styles was getting kind of stale for the blond. He was in the back of his mind wondering if he had any kind of spiritual ability since being a police officer meant you saw a lot of things while on the job.
Back to top Go down
яuиє
Ascended Tonberry
яuиє

Male

PostSubject: Re: Day At The Range (Open)   Day At The Range (Open) EmptySat Nov 27, 2010 9:53 pm

I held the two pistols up until he confirmed the way I am holding them is the style he is talking about. Once he confirmed it I begin to lower the pistols and make sure the safety is on both before I slip them back into there respective holsters. " Yeah. Something like that. I worked the beat and did my fare share of street cleaning up. And dirtying.. " as the last part comes out, I chuckle faintly as I begin to pack my things up, " What about you, why do you carry and use guns? Are you a member of the city's dark under belly? " I ask in a joking manner. As I finish packing my things up I look to Kuna.

Post WC; 126
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Day At The Range (Open)   Day At The Range (Open) Empty

Back to top Go down

Day At The Range (Open)
Page 1 of 1