Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

H2H Content Site ( Mirror ) - New Content Added 11/22!

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Look What Followed Me Home

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry
Surreal SaDiablo

Female
Number of posts : 3123
Rep! : 257
Registration date : 2009-01-03

Look What Followed Me Home Empty
PostSubject: Look What Followed Me Home   Look What Followed Me Home EmptyMon Mar 09, 2009 8:54 pm

“Yes, let’s hope he does.” In the almost year and a half that I’ve lived in this apartment I know for a fact that this is the first time I’ve ever turned my key this slowly or feared what I would find on the other side. I don’t know what I was expecting. To find him sprawled on the couch, tv blaring, snack wrappers littering all available surfaces, my underwear strewn about the place, curtains in shreds… I don’t know, maybe I was even expecting to find Lance kneeling over some other unsuspecting girl like he’d had me in the kitchen last night. When the door swung open, none of that was laid out before me. Sure there were a few of the snack wrappers littering the counters in the kitchen area but the living room was pretty much just as I had left it. Also there was no immediate sign of the man as far as I could see. My bedroom door was closed… had I pulled it shut behind me this morning? I couldn’t remember but something told me that I didn’t. Stepping across the threshold and inviting Saito to follow, I call out hesitantly for my house guest. “Lance? Are you here?” Please let him give me a chance to explain before reaching for that knife.
Back to top Go down
Nicolai
Rookie

Number of posts : 157
Rep! : 19
Registration date : 2009-01-22

PostSubject: Re: Look What Followed Me Home   Look What Followed Me Home EmptyMon Mar 09, 2009 9:05 pm

"You seem tense." To Saito the woman seemed terrified, but he didn't want to say it quite like that. For all he knew her house guest was a perfectly adjusted young man who just happened to have a penchant for stabbing people, but either way there was something about the situation that made him hope he wasn't. Perhaps the truth was exactly as the stranger put it, that he really did want a chance to fight for his life, that maybe he really did just want to cut loose again... it had felt so good last time, but no, now wasn't the time or place, no matter how much they both wanted it to be.
Pussy.
Psycho.
At least I'm badass.
Shut up.

He looked about the room as he stepped inside, not quite sure what he was thinking he would find, the apartment itself seemed pretty generic as far as they went. A few wrappers here and there, a couch... nicer then his place, which wasn't saying much, but either way he shrugged idly and stepped inside, closing the door after them. Lance, huh... well, they'd meet if they would, and he'd just have to go from there.
Back to top Go down
яuиє
Ascended Tonberry
яuиє

Male
Number of posts : 3978
Rep! : 82
Registration date : 2009-01-02

PostSubject: Re: Look What Followed Me Home   Look What Followed Me Home EmptyMon Mar 09, 2009 9:23 pm

Look What Followed Me Home LanceH2HLook What Followed Me Home
- - - - - - - - - -
After Lexi had left for work, I spent most of the day lounging around and when it got dark I went into Lexi's room to sit in the dark as I waited for Lexi to come home, which I wasn't sure when would happen.. When I heard the sounds of foot steps.. someone was here? I lifted my gaze from the spider that walked across my hand, something I was toying with, and looked towards the door of Lexi's room, was she home? Moments after hearing someone step into the apartment, I heard a voice calling to me, Lexi's voice, she was home.. I lowered my hand, allowing the spider to crawl off of it and run away, before I rose to my feet and began my trek to bedroom door. When I heard a second set of feet making there way into the apartment, I paused... Did Lexi bring company home? ... Was it coworker? ... Maybe I would be having more fun tonight.. A light grin forms on my face at that thought, though the sound of the feet were heavier then Lexi's, as I reached the door, I took a hold of the knob and gave it a twist before pushing on the door, as the door swung open something caught my attention.. The smell.. It was something Lexi wore, but that wasn't all.. There was a hint of blood and something else, something unfamiliar to me... Stepping through the open door, since I neglected to wear my coat, I was shirtless, though the bandages still wrapped around my upper body and right arm, wearing my black leather pants again thanks to Lexi's handy work. As I moved through the opening I reached around behind me, reaching for what one could call a safety blanket for me, my knife, as I reach for it I come to a stop, turning my head to the side to look down the hall, looking down at Lexi and the one what stood at the door with her... A male... She had brought a male home with her, but why?
- - - - - - - - - -
Post WC: 350
Total WC: 350
OOC:

Back to top Go down
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry
Surreal SaDiablo

Female

PostSubject: Re: Look What Followed Me Home   Look What Followed Me Home EmptyMon Mar 09, 2009 9:35 pm

He was in my room, in my darkened and closed up room. No, that wasn't creepy at all. Maybe I just invest in a lock for my bedroom door. The thought enters my mind and leave just as quickly as it showed up. He could probably bust through a normal lock with little to no effort at all. I could still remember how much strength had been in his grip yesterday and something told me he was holding back to avoid crushing my bones... just like my new visitor had done a little while ago on the street. Yep, super strong freak magnet, that's me. Since my home and guest were both in one piece, I wore a smile on my face when Lance emerged from my room. His expression didn't appear to be quite as thrilled, if he was happy he wouldn't have automatically reached back to touch the hilt of his knife. Taking a step or two forward then moving slightly to the side, putting myself between Lance and Saito hoping to diffuse the situation before it even began, I send Lance a reassuring smile as I start to speak. "Hey Lance, enjoying my bedroom back there? Oh, this is Saito, he and I ran into each other on my way home and then he helped me out with a little situation so I invited him to have dinner with us tonight as a thank you gesture. That's alright with you, isn't it?" While the tone of my voice was pleasant, there was a slight hint of steel hidden amongst the words. I hadn't seriously stood up to Lance so far, but if he tried to embarrass me in front my guest I would not hesitate to try out another one of side effects to stop him. Glancing back to Saito, I inclined my head toward the man standing in my bedroom doorway. "Saito, this is Lance, the new roommate I mentioned."
Back to top Go down
Nicolai
Rookie

PostSubject: Re: Look What Followed Me Home   Look What Followed Me Home EmptyMon Mar 09, 2009 9:47 pm

"A charmer." he said with a slightly raised eyebrow. Well, he wouldn't have picked him out of a line-up for being a well adjusted young gentlemen, but he hadn't burst out screaming and swinging a knife at him... which was almost disappointing, in it's way. It was funny to him, watching the young woman step between them, but if nothing else it showed she was intent on keeping this relatively civil. He wondered if he would be able to do the same; he didn't have much patience for such things, and with the constant stream of adrenaline sliding through his system thanks to the stranger in him, he was practically ready to jump the poor guy before he calmed down and closed his eyes.
You're no fun.
That's because your definition of fun is murder.
Only if they're not strong enough to take a beating.
Not everyone has to be.
They should be.
He looked to him before he inclined his head. "Nice to meet you, Lance." He looked back to the girl and wondered why she was so afraid before moving on. The man seemed a bit unbalanced if only by the way she was treating him, and unbalanced people put him a bit on edge, so he couldn't much blame her for it.
Especially if he'd stabbed her.
Which seemed likely.
Which seemed like a good reason-
I hate you sometimes.
Not my fault you're really on my side.
Back to top Go down
яuиє
Ascended Tonberry
яuиє

Male

PostSubject: Re: Look What Followed Me Home   Look What Followed Me Home EmptyMon Mar 09, 2009 10:03 pm

- - - - - - - - - -
I stood there, tensing up as I looked at the two, why had she brought someone else home with her and why wasn't it a nice tasty coworker? My questions were soon answered as Lexi moved in front of the man to shield him from me and began to explain why he was here... Looking from Lexi, I look to the one behind her, the one she called Saito.. Slowly shifting, I turn and begin to walk towards them, right hand still perched behind my back as I twirl a finger around the butt of my knife. She had asked if it was alright with me that he was over... why would I care who she brought over... but for some reason it did feel as if it had some baring on me... Making my way over to the two, I came to a stop in front of Lexi and looked down at her, my body still tense as if ready to strike out at either of them, a smile comes to my lips as I bring my left hand up and lightly touch her cheek with the tips of my fingers, though a smile didn't mean I was ok with something and this was something Lexi knew... Still remaining silent, I slowly trace the tips of my fingers over her cheek before I with draw my hand, though keeping it close to her face I lift my gaze from her and look to Saito.
- - - - - - - - - -
Post WC: 245
Total WC: 595
OOC:

Back to top Go down
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry
Surreal SaDiablo

Female

PostSubject: Re: Look What Followed Me Home   Look What Followed Me Home EmptyMon Mar 09, 2009 10:15 pm

Watching Lance move across the living area of my apartment, I couldn't keep my body from tensing up, which made the wound burn like a bitch. Keeping the sudden hiss choked back, I stood still and let the unstable knife loving man reach out for my face. His touch was comforting, as it had been yesterday, but it wasn't enough to make me relax, not yet, not until I could be sure that moving away to begin the dinner prep wouldn't leave the apartment open for a bare knuckles match. When Lance's eyes leave my face to look at the man behind me, I can't resist the urge to toss a glance in the same direction. I'm not an expert on male body language, far from it, but if I didn't know any better I'd think Saito was holding himself back from something. Oh please, not him too. I'd walked in here thinking Lance would be the only one to worry about, there is no way I could handle both of them if they started going at it. While Lance was focusing on Saito, and trusting that the new man in the house wouldn't do anything stupid, I slide an arm around my roomie's waist to cover the hand fingering the hilt of his knife. It was meant to be my way of telling him it wasn't necessary, which hopefully my eyes would communicate if her were to look back down to my face.
Back to top Go down
Nicolai
Rookie

PostSubject: Re: Look What Followed Me Home   Look What Followed Me Home EmptyMon Mar 09, 2009 10:29 pm

Watching the two of them, Saito almost burst out laughing at the sheer absurdity of the situation. It seemed like Lexi had invested in a per nuclear device, for all the worry she showed, and he wondered why she let him stay. Still, she seemed at least slightly comforted by the touch to her face, which Saito thought was rather creepy but didn't say so, and so he simply watched the whole ordeal before the man looked to him and nodded to him. "Nice to meet you." he repeated easily as he made his way to sit at the bar by the kitchen, loosening his shoulders lightly as he walked. He breathed out, relaxing as he went, trying very hard to rid himself of the excess adrenaline and tension he felt. He disliked being toyed with, and he disliked catering to people that by all rights he really shouldn't have to, but he was at least determined not to start anything himself.
Because you're a wuss.
Because I'm not insane.
Because you're a wuss.
He sat down in the chair easily, figuring that Lexi would try and make her way to the kitchen and make dinner. He wanted very badly to ask why she'd recieved a cut from a house guest, but he didn't and instead tried to bring up a bit of lighter conversation. "Are you two roommates, or a bit more?" he asked, amused as he watched the two of them, not sure if Lexi was terrified of the man or actually enjoyed being with him.
Back to top Go down
яuиє
Ascended Tonberry
яuиє

Male

PostSubject: Re: Look What Followed Me Home   Look What Followed Me Home EmptyMon Mar 09, 2009 10:51 pm

- - - - - - - - - -
When I felt Lexi's arms move around me I shifted my gaze and looked down at her, bringing my free arm to rest around her, not resisting as she grabbed my hand and held onto it. I smiled a bit more as I looked down at her, seeing the look she was giving me, trying to assure me that things were alright.. I couldn't help but still feel... uneasy... Looking back to Saito for a moment I give a faint nod to him, finally speaking up to break my long silence " .. Hey. " I said as he stepped around us. Looking back to Lexi, I tried to relax, allowing my shoulders to go slack. When I heard his words I lifted my gaze from her, glancing back at him for a moment before I looked back at Lexi... I wiggled my hand Lexi had captured, trying to free it from her grasp and pull it away from the knife " ... So he is a friend? " I asked, tilting my head to the side faintly, my pleasant sounding voice have a touch of sadness to it.
- - - - - - - - - -
Post WC: 189
Total WC: 784
OOC:

Back to top Go down
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry
Surreal SaDiablo

Female

PostSubject: Re: Look What Followed Me Home   Look What Followed Me Home EmptyMon Mar 09, 2009 11:07 pm

With Saito safely seated at the bar and Lance trying to move his hand away from the knife, I finally began to relax. Letting out the breath I had been holding without realizing it, I release Lance's hand and start moving for the kitchen to get dinner going. Pausing by the dining room table to slip off my purse and set it down, I glance to the side and shake my head to Saito. "I don't know the answer to that question. Lance and I met at lunch yesterday." There was no need to tell the parts about me buying his lunch and changing his bandaged, in fact, none of the details needed to be aired in mixed company. "We haven't even decided if this living arrangement works for both of us, so adding anything else into the mix right now would just muddy the water even more." Yeah, that sounded like a good enough answer, right? Moving on in to the kitchen, only far enough to keep both men in my line of vision, I glance around and start to think of what I had in the freezer. Remembering that Lance had also asked a question, I point my eyes in his direction along with a smile. "Yes, Lance, I think saving my life earns Saito the right to be called a friend, don't you? It at least earns him a good dinner. How does steak sound to everyone?" I knew that when I left this morning there had been a stack of steaks in the freezer, I prayed they were still there. Bending down to peer into the fridge so I could figure out what to make with the meat, my abdomen folded in half and shot a pain all the way through to my back. "Fuck!" Thinking that straightening my body back out as fast as possible would be the best idea, I lifted my torso back up and clamped my hand at the wound again. I could feel the new wave of moist warmth spread under my hand. Obviously that idea was not a good one. Putting the side dish decision on hold, I start to head for the sink, grabbing a dish towel on the way.
Back to top Go down
Nicolai
Rookie

PostSubject: Re: Look What Followed Me Home   Look What Followed Me Home EmptyTue Mar 10, 2009 7:25 pm

It was funny, to Saito, how she covered up for the man who had obviously stabbed her for whatever reasons. It was hard to imagine a legitimate need of hers to do so, or any real reason why she would, but he simply worked to accept it as a lapse of judgment on her part and be amused instead of concerned. He didn't have any real right to muck about in her life or her affairs, odd as they seemed to him, and was about to point out that it wasn't as though she could probably have handled herself against the monster, and it wouldn't have come up but for his own inadequacy before the expletive left her lips and the warm, soft, thick sent of blood came anew to the air.
You know, somehow not getting involved would be easier if you weren't trying to be the damn hero the whole time.
She's hurt, I can help-
By playing the hero. If she wanted help, she wouldn't be sleeping with a psychopath.
You dont know-
Yes I do. And so do you, if you wouldn't pussy foot around it.
Saito always hated when the man had a point, though he idly wondered how he ended up behind the woman so quickly. He teleported, he knew, but it wasn't a conscious act so much as a reaction. If it had been different circumstances he might have been assaulting her, but as it stood he simply grew irritated with the attempts at stoicism and decided that enough was enough. "This is stupid." he pointed out with a roll of his eyes before he slid her to the ground in the manner least likely to continue to hurt her abdomen, using his strength if she resisted too much, before sliding the shirt at her abdomen up and exposing the bloody cut before looking to the other man. "Bring me needles, thread, and something to disinfect the wound and we'll actually fix the damn thing." he looked down to her with eyes that were almost professionally chiding and shook his head. "There is stoic and there is stupid, the difference being that stoics don't have a choice and people that are stupid try to pretend that pain is unimportant or that there's some decent reason they should leave themselves wounded, whether through honest stupidity or depression or some misbegotten sense of guilt. In the future, treat your injuries properly and quickly and save yourself the grief; if you don't want to do it yourself, find a doctor." A doctor he wasn't, but a med student he was, and stitching up wounds didn't require a degree in neuroscience.
Back to top Go down
яuиє
Ascended Tonberry
яuиє

Male

PostSubject: Re: Look What Followed Me Home   Look What Followed Me Home EmptyTue Mar 10, 2009 8:25 pm

- - - - - - - - - -
When Lexi pulled away from me, I let my arm around her, fall back to my side, letting her go, though for some reason I didn't want to.... When she pulls away and heads for the kitchen, I stand, my back to Saito still and now to Lexi, for some reason I felt alone now that Lexi had pulled away and went to the kitchen. Having no answer for Saito's question, I didn't respond to Lexi's answer when she told Saito our little arrangement for me being here.. When Lexi responded to the question I asked her moments ago I nodded faintly, though she said Saito was a friend... a friend of hers now, I still didn't feel right... When I heard Lexi's voice as she yelled out, I begin to turn to see what had happened. Turning, I seen Saito was now behind Lexi, my eyes widened as I looked at the two, seconds later Saito was taking Lexi to the ground. Moments after Lexi and Saito disappeared behind the bar I was already mid way to the bar, reaching behind me I grabbed my knife pulling it from its sheath as I jumped onto the bar, crouching down, hand gripping the edge of the bar. When he spoke to me it was as if his words went in one ear and out the other, I let out a low growl, leaping from the bar down onto Saito in an attempt to knock him from Lexi and take him to the ground.
- - - - - - - - - -
Post WC: 189
Total WC: 1,037
OOC:

Back to top Go down
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry
Surreal SaDiablo

Female

PostSubject: Re: Look What Followed Me Home   Look What Followed Me Home EmptyTue Mar 10, 2009 8:53 pm

My heading for the sink and grabbing a dish towel is cut short by the sudden appearance... I mean incredibly sudden, like in a flash he was there... of Saito at my back. He had me headed to the floor, rather gently to my surprise, before I could even react to his presence. While I generally didn't feel comfortable being fussed over, I had to admit (if only to myself) that I liked the concern he seemed to display, even if he called me stupid in the process. For that short span of time I had completely forgotten about Lance's presence, which led to another cry of shock mingled with fear when I heard his growl just before he leapt onto Saito. Bracing my body for the surge of pain I thought would come when Saito's weight was pushed onto me, my first thought was that this was about to hurt. Immediately following that thought was one that under other circumstances could have been called amusing but since this display of testosterone was happening directly above my prone body, even the mental string of curses, 'oh my god, are you fucking kidding me', and the occasional use of words like 'neanderthal' dripped with irritation. Saito was only trying to help me, even while being slightly prickish about it and lacking bedside manner; then here comes Lance, who only has a day's longer claim over the new guy, flying over the counter in attack mode. I should seriously consider changing my name to freak magnet.
Back to top Go down
Nicolai
Rookie

PostSubject: Re: Look What Followed Me Home   Look What Followed Me Home EmptyTue Mar 10, 2009 9:21 pm

Watching the events unfold in the almost languid pace that things tended to around him, Saito watched her expression of bemusement and relief turn to one of irritation and surprise as turned his head to look at the man leaping onto his back in an attempt to take him down. Somewhere in him, the stranger was looking to enjoy the chance for a good brawl, but Saito decided that he would have none of it and with an almost surprising grasp on his own actions (at least to himself and the stranger) shifted into action as soon as he felt the urge. There was a wonderful feeling of lightness about his motions as he relaxed himself, untensed his body the way he learned to in his martial arts classes, and simply put himself where he would need to be with a slight shift while the man was still in mid air. It helped that he was far faster then the man, and it also helped that he had been nice and clunky about it, lumbering atop the surface of it and leaping like an animal. Which, he supposed, he probably was. In the first display of speed that wasn't just shifting to be where he wanted, as he'd done before to get behind her, his hand snapped out like a bullet and let him fall into the iron grip. As soon as he hit the curve of his hand he would tighten his grip around the man's neck, giving it a sharp squeeze to cut off the flow of air and give him something to cough about as he shifted his weight to toss him.
Rather enjoying his strength, he shifted weight to his left leg and turned it against the floor to allow him the momentum to thrust the man backwards properly. Throwing him back into the living room through the small opening besides the half-height bar, he moved before the momentum would have cought up with him and was hoping to disorient and incapacitate the man enough to catch his wits about him; certainly with the grip he'd put on his throat, he'd spend a bit coughing at least.
"Stop." He said as he let him roll away from his fingertips, having aimed in a manner that would send the boy sprawling across the ground in a path that shouldn't have him break anything. "Think, if you can. You've already cut your host for reasons that are beyond me; how well do you think she'll still see you if you continue to act like a monster? Get yourself together." he said coldly, with a slight threat in his voice to imply that if the other man couldn't, he would do it for him.
See? That was actually pretty slick.
Shut up.
Back to top Go down
яuиє
Ascended Tonberry
яuиє

Male

PostSubject: Re: Look What Followed Me Home   Look What Followed Me Home EmptyTue Mar 10, 2009 10:02 pm

- - - - - - - - - -
The man was faster then I and met my leap with something of his own, before I could make contact with his body, I made contact with his hand as he grabbed my throat. As soon as I was in his grasp he began to squeeze and I felt my air supple begin to get cut off. A wave of panic came over me.. I had never encountered someone like this man... Sure I had encountered other men but they did not fight back as he was doing... Before I could strike out at him I was sent flying. Flying through the air, past the bar, I hit the ground, my grip on my knife giving way, letting go of the blade, I rolled across the ground for a few feet before I came to a stop, laying there for a moment, coughing as I grabbed my throat. When I heard the mans voice as he spoke to me, I kept my head lowered some as I coughed, trying to recover from what had just happened... " A monster? ... " I say roughly, rubbing my throat a bit more before I pull my hand back, lifting my head enough to look towards the kitchen " .... You haven't seen the real monster I can be. " As I finished speaking, I begin to cackle lightly " .... I'll show you a real monster. " my words were filled with a mix of sadness and rage. Letting out another growl, my head sank forwards, lowering again as I continued cackling before letting out a cry of pain, I was on the brink of showing the true monster I could be, a mix of rage and sadness fueling my desire to fight back... not just for the the sake of fighting.. but for something else.. But before the darkness came up and took a hold of me fully, something happened, a memory, my little sister telling me to play nice or our parents would be mad at me, it was something from my past.. My cackling had died down and I fell silent again, shaking lightly as I sat there on the floor " .... I'm sorry Anna ... Ill play nice.... " I said, the last part coming out mostly as a whisper..
- - - - - - - - - -
Post WC: 383
Total WC: 1,420
OOC:

Back to top Go down
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry
Surreal SaDiablo

Female

PostSubject: Re: Look What Followed Me Home   Look What Followed Me Home EmptyTue Mar 10, 2009 10:21 pm

No surge of pain came, no crushing weight fell over my body. From my position with the linoleum cool against my back, I watch with a blend of awe and fear as Saito moves faster than my eyes can follow. Instead of letting Lance complete the leap, he cuts it off while the feral man is still airborne and somehow catches him perfectly by the throat. I had seen a display of amazing moves come from the new man already this evening, but I still found myself highly impressed. If it wasn't for the annoyance of having two very male creatures heading for a pissing contest of epic proportions in the middle of my apartment I probably would have enjoyed watching the almost sexy display of power. Unable to fully appreciate the sexiness of the moment, I force my body from the floor and follow the rapid movements of the two men. Since I was obviously moving at a much slower pace, made even more turtle like thanks to the still aching injury, I rounded the counter at just the right moment to witness Lance's cackling and psychotic promises to show Saito what a monster he could be. In the past day spent with this man, I've realized more than once that something dangerous lived within him, but this was the first time I could almost see it emerge before my eyes. Even in the drugstore bathroom, when he'd shown the first signs of aggression, I knew it wasn't close to how bad it could get. Gripping the edge of the counter, I watch my new roommate with eyes wide with fear. Now I knew there was real reason to fear him. Despite the knowledge and the fear, I still wanted to rush forward, to try and snap him out of it before things got even worse, but I didn't move, I couldn't. Something else stopped him though, I could see the change in him less than a second before his whisper reached my ears. Anna. There was that name again, the one he'd said while crying yesterday. He was going to play nice for her evidently. Something told me that I owed Anna a big thank you.
Back to top Go down
Nicolai
Rookie

PostSubject: Re: Look What Followed Me Home   Look What Followed Me Home EmptyTue Mar 10, 2009 10:42 pm

Listening to the man, it was increasingly obvious that he was simply insane. No other explanation for it. Saito wasn't exactly the sanest guy he could think of, what with the stranger in his head commenting on every little thing, but at least that didn't come through and plague other people. As he watched the man curl and whimper and, more inexplicably, the woman's response to him. It was as though she still cared about the guy; not that he cared (a little voice in him said You're just telling yourself that, but was summarily ignored), but that was just stupid. For crying out loud, the man had knifed her! He sighed one way or another, not sure quite what to do about the whole situation as he got to his feet and leaned back against the fridge, kneading his temples before he looked to the woman.
"Would you like me to stitch you up and leave?" he asked mildly, cocking his head to the side with a slight sigh. "I seem to be upsetting your friend, and you seem to care quite a good deal for your pet nuclear device. If I'm setting him off, while I can't exactly say I'm sorry, I'd rather not brawl through your living room." he pointed out dryly as he looked to the man, wondering if it would still come to that; he didn't exactly trust him to remain any form of stable for any length of time.
Back to top Go down
яuиє
Ascended Tonberry
яuиє

Male

PostSubject: Re: Look What Followed Me Home   Look What Followed Me Home EmptyTue Mar 10, 2009 11:00 pm

- - - - - - - - - -
Falling silent after speaking up, I sat there for a moment before I finally lifted my head, first looking to Lexi as she stood there looking at me... Looking at her a moment longer I lower my head, slowly climbing back to my feet, Taking a few steps forwards, I move to were I had dropped my knife and lean over, picking the blade up, I reach around and slip it into the sheath, but not pulling my arm back from my back... Pausing were I stood, still shaking I couldn't help but think how close I had come to changing... To showing the true monster which rested inside me... My head still lowered, my white hair having falling in front of my face, I begin to step forwards again, slowly walking towards Lexi, as I moved towards her, I kept my hand behind my back... Coming to a stop in front of Lexi, I lift my head enough to gaze down at her face, a look of utter sadness and fear on my face.. The arm behind my back began to move and slowly, I brought it around, though this time it was not just the knife that I held, it was the knife in its sheath. I held it out for Lexi, offering it to her " .... I'm sorry... I'll play nice.... " I said, looking down at Lexi a light hitch in my voice as if I was going to cry, my voice almost child like.
- - - - - - - - - -
Post WC: 250
Total WC: 1,670
OOC:

Back to top Go down
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry
Surreal SaDiablo

Female

PostSubject: Re: Look What Followed Me Home   Look What Followed Me Home EmptyTue Mar 10, 2009 11:36 pm

Saito's words pained me more than the stupid cut on my body. Maybe bringing him here had been a bad idea, but it had shown me things I needed to see. I couldn't live out the rest of this trial week, much less beyond that if Lance decided to stay, walking on eggshells and being constantly torn between wanting to help the poor homeless guy and fearing that he would carve out my heart in the middle of the night. If he was going to share this apartment, which I was still willing to allow at this point, there were going to be some ground rules laid down tonight. Instead of reverting back to the dormant docile little mouse I had become when Lance was around, I figured that showing him some of the strength I knew I possessed while having very convienient backup handy was the best idea.

While still pondering over how exactly I want to put my words, Lance rises from the floor and moves toward me with his hand poised at his knife. I knew, somehow, that he wasn't stupid enough to try and cut me with the obviously more powerful Saito so close by. I watch him approach, my eyes scanning his face in confusion. When he offers me the sheathed knife I reach out and take it from him with a nod, not quite able to force a smile just yet. With both men having had their say on the matter it was finally my turn. Grasping the knife in one hand, my other slightly pinching the bridge of my nose to force back the tension headache starting to form, I look to both faces then begin.

"No one is going anywhere. I offered you a nice dinner to thank you for what you did, and now I need to make that dinner even better to apologize for what just happened. I can't ask you to tend to my injury, you've already done more than I can repay. I will take care of it myself once dinner is ready." This first part was directed toward Saito and carried a weary tone, but lacked the irritation that slipped into my voice once I turned my attention fully onto Lance. "Thank you for letting me hold this knife while Saito is here, and for agreeing to play nice. I can understand what it means to you, but Lance, I can't... no, I won't live like this. I know we're still adjusting to this arrangement but that is no excuse to behave in such a manner when I try and bring a new friend home. This is still my home and I am free to do as I wish while inside of it. My offer for it to become your home still stands, but it will be revoked if you can't handle my bringing guests around." As the annoyance begins to dissipate I can fell myself softening toward the disturbed man, even to the point where I reach out and brush my fingertips across his cheek. "I know this is all new to you, and I am willing to give you some leeway because of that, but there will be no more attacking my guests or me. From now on I want this knife to stay in your room at all times while I am home. I do not want it anywhere near me, for obvious reasons. I won't take it away from you, but I want it kept away from me." It would be best to clarify the rest of the rules later, when the two of us were alone and could speak freely. Handing the knife back to him, this time with a soft smile, I nod my head toward his room down the hall. "Why don't you go put this away in there and take a nice calming bath while I fix dinner? I'm sure we'll all feel better once we have some food."

As I turn to resume the meal preparation, I remember what I had forgotten to ask earlier. "Oh, how would you both like your steak cooked?" I wasn't accustomed to fixing meals for anyone other than myself so I hoped that their preferences were similar to my own, at least similar enough for me to get close to.
Back to top Go down
Nicolai
Rookie

PostSubject: Re: Look What Followed Me Home   Look What Followed Me Home EmptyWed Mar 11, 2009 6:39 pm

Saito shrugged lightly as she delcared her intent for him to stay here and have a decent meal; she had her heart in the right place, even if she was way on the stupid side of the stoic spectrum, what with her babbling about stitching herself up again and the like. He'd show her otherwise eventually, if only because by the look of her other scars that she'd showed him she was relatively poor at doing it herself, and he knew that wounds to the abdomen were especially tricky.
The display between her and her bestial friend was irritating to him if only because it demonstrated a willingness on her part to deal with him that was, in his eyes, both unwaranted and unwise. Why did she have any reason to think he would listen to her? He couldn't imagine her having asked to be cut earlier, and he couldn't imagine the man not having another such episode, so why did she think she wouldn't be involved in the crossfire, especially when it seemed obvious that he could get worse then what he was now? While Saito cared in a distant, 'this is a bad idea' kind of way, it still bothered him, but he said nothing during the exchange between the two and simply watched on, leaning back against the fridge idly with a slight smile on his face. He hoped for the best, to be sure, he just didn't expect it.
"I don't much care; food is food to me, I'm afraid, and I'm sure whatever you cook will taste good." he shrugged as he made his way back to his seat at the bar, his body tensing slightly with the carefully restrained sense of motion that he usually allowed himself.
Back to top Go down
яuиє
Ascended Tonberry
яuиє

Male

PostSubject: Re: Look What Followed Me Home   Look What Followed Me Home EmptyWed Mar 11, 2009 6:59 pm

- - - - - - - - - -
After handing over my knife, I stay in front of Lexi, head still lowered as I gaze at the floor, as I gazed at the floor I could hear the voice of the one who dwelt with in me speak " Come on Lance. Let your true monster out so you can play with her new friend. I'm sure he is taste, though not as taste as the female, he still looks taste. " Though I wanted to say something to him, I kept silent, both in my head and out loud... As I heard Lexi's words I lifted my gaze from the floor, looking towards her, though I didn't lift my head to look directly at her. When she began to address me, I nodded faintly at what she had to say, taking in everything she said to me. When I felt her fingertips touch my cheek, I flinched for a moment before lifting my head enough to look at her face, leaning my head towards her hand some as I gazed down at her, my face void of the smile it usually holds. When she offers me the knife back, I look down at it for a moment, at first I didn't want to take it back... But slowly I reached out and took a hold of it, carefully pulling it from her grasp before I let the arm holding it fall to my side, nodding again " .... Ok Lexi... Ill play nice... " lifting my gaze from her, I look towards the room I was using now before I step around her and make my way towards it. When the question comes up about how I want my meal prepared I pause for a moment and shrug faintly " .. I don't know... fix it how you like it? " I said before disappearing into my room to put my knife away.
- - - - - - - - - -
Post WC: 316
Total WC: 1,986
OOC:

Back to top Go down
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry
Surreal SaDiablo

Female

PostSubject: Re: Look What Followed Me Home   Look What Followed Me Home EmptyWed Mar 11, 2009 7:17 pm

With Lance safely on his way to put the knife in his room and both men giving non picky answers to their steak preferences, I let out a weary sigh and mouth another apology to Saito before moving past him and into the short hallway. Passing both bedroom doors on either side of the hall, I head for the one at the end and duck inside to gather the medical supplies I would need to stitch myself up. I didn't know how long Lance's bath would take, or if he would even take one, but I figured it would be best to take my chance when I saw it. Not wanting to leave my guest alone for too long, I try to be quick about it and get back to the main room. Dropping what I grabbed on the counter, I returned to the kitchen and started washing potatoes to bake. Unable to do this without some sort of interaction with the other warm body in the room, I glance toward the new hero of the moment. "So other than protecting stupid girls, what do you like to do with your free time?" It was a lame question, I knew, but every conversation has to start somewhere right?
Back to top Go down
Nicolai
Rookie

PostSubject: Re: Look What Followed Me Home   Look What Followed Me Home EmptyWed Mar 11, 2009 7:37 pm

He chuckled idly, shifting slightly from where he sat to stretch his arms over his head, lean muscles wiry but immensely strong beneath his clothes before he answered. "Stitching up said stupid girls, so they don't have another scar to add to their collection." he said dryly. The girl was making an effort to restore things to normal, and if nothing else he was willing to entertain the thought; no real harm had been done to him, to be sure, and while the stranger inside of him was hungering for something more, he held firm and didn't allow him any leeway, keeping his heart-rate and his adrenaline in check as he spoke to her. "I'm not really sure; I'm in premed, so I don't have a lot of spare time... or at least I didn't. I don't have to sleep anymore, it seems, so I'm not quite sure what I'll do with myself." he said, shrugging slightly. "Yourself?"
Could offer to take up a bit of her time...
Shut up.
You're getting predictable, I totally called that one.
I hate you some days.

Back to top Go down
яuиє
Ascended Tonberry
яuиє

Male

PostSubject: Re: Look What Followed Me Home   Look What Followed Me Home EmptyWed Mar 11, 2009 7:56 pm

- - - - - - - - - -
Once I disappeared into my room, I stood there in the darkness for a moment, gazing off in to the distance as I went over what just happened between me, Saito, and Lexi... Standing there, I began to shake again, the one inside me speaking again " Don't you want pay back for what he just did to you Lance? I know you want to, you can't stop me forever. " His voice trailed off into laughter as I stood there, shaking as I clutched the knife in my hand " .. No, I cant... " I whispered to my self, standing a moment longer before I stepped forwards. Making my way to my bed I set my knife down on the table next to my bed. After setting my knife down, I turned and made my way back to my bedroom down and then out of my bedroom and into the bathroom, shutting the door behind me before I began to undress. After undressing I slipped into the tub, turning the water on as I tried to relax, taking a bath like Lexi wanted me to do...
- - - - - - - - - -
Post WC: 188
Total WC: 2,174
OOC:

Back to top Go down
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry
Surreal SaDiablo

Female

PostSubject: Re: Look What Followed Me Home   Look What Followed Me Home EmptyWed Mar 11, 2009 9:11 pm

Color rises to my cheeks when Saito once again refers to him being the one to hold the needle whenever we found time to stitch my wound but I don't comment immediately. Instead I lower my eyes and focus on the potatoes now being stabbed with a fork to help then bake faster. "Premed?" I repeated right after he mentioned the word, not bothering to hide the impressed tone in my voice. No wonder he was so persistent with his harping about my injury and needing stitches, that explains a lot... and at the same time it explains so little. Being on the path toward a medical career has nothing to do with that strange look his eyes had held when he first realized I was bleeding back on the street. Once the forking process was finished, I wrap the mini football looking sides in aluminum foil and pop them into the preheated oven. They would have to bake for a little while before I could start the steaks, which should leave ample time to get this wound closing over with. Hearing Lance moving into the bathroom and starting the water in the tub, I knew this was the best time. He would be less likely to hear any sounds of pain I would undoubtedly make if he was relaxing in the bath. "Alright, I give. Do what you need to do to get ready and I'll let you stitch me up while we're waiting for the potatoes to bake." Thanking my lucky stars that I'd had the clarity of mind to put on a decent bra this morning, I begin to pull off my second ruined blouse of the week. "Did you say you didn't have to sleep anymore? Is that one of your possession thingy side effects?" How unfair. I would gladly trade the ability to burn random furniture in my apartment for the ability to survive and function without any sleep at all. My body hadn't seemed to require the same eight hours of sleep a night since my birthday, but I still needed about half of that amount.
Back to top Go down
Nicolai
Rookie

PostSubject: Re: Look What Followed Me Home   Look What Followed Me Home EmptyWed Mar 11, 2009 9:26 pm

As he watched her bake the potatoes, trying to remember how she did it so he could replicate it later, he nodded with a slight shrug as she mentioned his choice of profession. "I'm not sure why I'm doing it. I don't even know that I like medicine all that much. It just kind of happened." He assumed she wasn't listening, but it seemed appropriate to answer anyway, fill the silence between the next bit of conversation. It was natural, sort of, a nice little social touch that the stranger inside of him was quick to note, though he ignored it again. "I assume it's a part of the possession, at least; I don't know that it is, but I certainly had to sleep previously. I don't know, I just have more energy when night comes around." He shrugged lightly, before cocking his head to the side as he suddenly realized he didn't know much about her possession; certainly normal girls couldn't hurl balls of destructive energy from their hands. He got to his feet and washed his hands before motioning to the couch. He hadn't thought that she would remove her shirt, and he suppressed a flush at the sight of her in little but a bra, but he said nothing and moved to sit on the coffee table, threading the needle and pulling out a lighter as he looked to her dryly.
"You do know that if you went in, you could have this numbed before they stitched it?" he said dryly as he looked at the cut, running his fingers along either side of it with disinfectant on them before he began to heat the needle to disinfect that too. "Especially on your abdomen; trying to stitch yourself up is a bad idea in the best of times, possession or not."
Back to top Go down
яuиє
Ascended Tonberry
яuиє

Male

PostSubject: Re: Look What Followed Me Home   Look What Followed Me Home EmptyWed Mar 11, 2009 9:42 pm

- - - - - - - - - -
Laying back in the tub, I tilted my head back and looked up at the ceiling, the warm water felt great on my body and I let out a light sigh as I relaxed into the water more. Slowly, I sank down into the water, closing my eyes as I submerged myself under the water. Laying under the water for a few moments before I began to rise again, sitting up in the tub, I glanced around before I grabbed the bar of soap and began to wash my arms and upper chest. As I sat there in silence, the voice came back, taunting me more with his words " There in there laughing at you. Laughing at how much of a joke you are, just like everyone else, just like your family. Cant you hear it? Cant you hear them as they make fun of how weak you are, your no monster. If it was me I would have- " Before he could finish I dropped the soap and grabbed my head " Shut up... Just shut up... I am to a monster... I don't wanna talk... " I said, trying to keep my voice down so they wouldn't hear me out side the room.
- - - - - - - - - -
Post WC: 206
Total WC: 2,380
OOC:

Back to top Go down
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry
Surreal SaDiablo

Female

PostSubject: Re: Look What Followed Me Home   Look What Followed Me Home EmptyWed Mar 11, 2009 10:05 pm

"Well at least it's an honorable direction for your life, better than being stuck in a dark basement full of file racks." Even when I was busy doing other things, I was still listening, interested in everything he had to say. After removing my shirt, I was aware that most of the scars marring my flesh were now on display. The numerous cuts, ranging in depths and lengths crisscrossing my abdomen and sides, most healed perfectly with the exception of the ones I would have trouble keeping still while stitching. On my back, the same varying lines would be visible as well as the quadruple claw mark scars that had been raked along each shoulder blade. The crosses on my arms, with random lines surrounding them, would also be on display now. At least with the bra still on, the most embarrassing of all the scars would be hidden. The crosses carved into the tender flesh on the underside of my breasts, the parallel lines in the sides, and the six pointed stars carved around the nipples would be hidden behind the powder blue lace of my undergarment.

Moving to the couch, lying back, and giving him full access to the abdominal wound; I seem to fret about making sure the gravity of the position doesn't allow my breasts to shift toward my chin and allow the scars to peek out. After pushing them back into the framing cups a few times, I finally give up with a sigh. If he sees them, he sees them. I tried not to react when I felt his fingers meet my skin, tried but didn't succeed. Goosebumps began to spread across my stomach at his touch, betraying any attempt of mine at staying cool. Resting my head on one of the throw pillows, I turn to my attending physician with a grin. "Yes, Doctor, I realize that; but the pain isn't so bad when you're used to it and like I told you before; I've given up on worrying about how the scars will look. I would have to soak in Mederma for the rest of my life to minimize all of these."
Back to top Go down
Nicolai
Rookie

PostSubject: Re: Look What Followed Me Home   Look What Followed Me Home EmptyWed Mar 11, 2009 10:23 pm

He listened to her talk and watched her knead in the soft flesh of her breasts, trying not to stare and succeeding for the most part as he watched the needle glow and begin to fade in color almost immediately as soon as the application of heat went away, cooling rapidly in the air. The moments just after the glow were the important ones, where it was as sterile as it would get, and he brought his fingers to the wound and applied a slight pressure, closing it as best he could and giving it enough room to bend with her if she moved much with the stitches still in. As he slid the needle through the skin, threading it closed, he spoke to her in an attempt both to distract and to shock, both of which would limit the amount of pain she would be in.
"I know that pain dulls with exposure; the first time I was shot was excruciating, but it got easier from there. I barely feel most things, now; I heal impossibly well. In any case, the point would be that yes, pain dulls, but that doesn't mean that it should be allowed, and that doesn't mean that you should just play the stoic and suffer through it when it's not necessary, especially when it could possibly be serious; I'm not much worried about scars leaving marks, but if the wound were to heal wrong, especially one like this, you might not be able to bend properly. And that," he said, his eyes running up her body and seeing the slight marks of the scars beneath her breasts, slowing his speech for just a moment as his eyes widened almost imperceptibly before snapping back to her face, the stitching done neatly and cleanly and the wire properly cut and tied, "would be a shame, wouldn't it? You seem to have rather interesting scars, Alexi."
He sat back on the table, his hand lingering on the area about the stitches before he removed it and looked to the bloodied fingertips, a slightly mirrored look glossing over his eyes with the way the light was shining, a bit like before as he examined the blood before he snapped back to normal and ran his fingers over a cloth quickly to remove them of blood. It was the most talkative he'd been and the most talkative he'd planned on being, but hopefully his rambling had at least given her something to limit the pain with.
"Next time you're injured like that, perhaps you should give me a call." he said dryly. "It might be easier then patching it up yourself."
Back to top Go down
яuиє
Ascended Tonberry
яuиє

Male

PostSubject: Re: Look What Followed Me Home   Look What Followed Me Home EmptyWed Mar 11, 2009 10:40 pm

- - - - - - - - - -
The voice persisted, speaking to me, " No your not, and we are going to talk 'boy'. No monster would let that whelp throw them around like that. You make me laugh, you cant even kill one man. " Hitting the side of my head, I speak up " Shut up, shut up. " though I was trying not to raise my voice, I knew it had raised some and I was unsure if it would draw attention to the bathroom.. Hitting myself in the head on more time, trying to get the voice to shut up and go silent, I brought my hands onto my face, closing my eyes as I sat there for a moment " Aww, little Lancy is afraid? ... You chicken. " The voice echoed through my head as the man continued to taunt me. As I tried to ignore it, I drew my hands from my face and looked down at the water for a moment " .. I told Lexi I would play nice.. and I'm going to... " I said to my self, trying to both remind me of my word to Lexi and keep from slipping into the darkness " .. You wont make me this time. " falling silent again I lift my gaze from the water, reaching over to a bottle of shampoo that set on the side of the tub. For the moment, the voice was silent in my head as I squeeze some shampoo into my hand and began to rub it into my hair.
- - - - - - - - - -
Post WC: 258
Total WC: 2,638
OOC:

Back to top Go down
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry
Surreal SaDiablo

Female

PostSubject: Re: Look What Followed Me Home   Look What Followed Me Home EmptyWed Mar 11, 2009 10:59 pm

The only flinch that slipped past my barriers came when Saito first pushed the needle through my skin, after that I kept my head turned to him. With my eyes staying focused on his face and his calming constant words, I was able to tune out the pain and lie there in an almost relaxed state. I listened to what he said but didn't respond to anything at first, I didn't want to risk my breath hitching or my speaking to move the area beneath his handiwork. There was an ever so slight tremor that ran through me when he commented on the scars, if only he knew what others were hidden beneath the remaining clothes I wore.

When he was finished sewing my flesh back together, I noticed the same mirrored look come back to his eyes at the sight of my blood on his fingers. Both times I had seen it come over him, my blood had been a factor. Maybe his possession made him more sensitive to blood, but that wouldn't account for the almost hungry way he studied it. Shrugging it off for the moment, since I didn't want to pry into his private business, I swing my feet to the floor and sit up slowly, careful not to disturb the effort he'd just spent on me.

"When demons make you their play thing for eighteen years, you end up with interesting scars." I didn't elaborate further on the demon comment, I wouldn't really know where to start. Instead I continue on and address the other things he'd said. "Maybe you should leave me your number, it was a lot easier to let you do it than it would have been for me to try it myself again. Thank you, Saito, for hopefully making this wound my least noticeable scar." Once I was certain I could move without feeling the thread tug at my tender flesh, I gingerly rise to my feet. I would turn my back to him (not thinking of the claw made scars he would see) and start moving for my bedroom, feeling more naked now than before, still talking as I go to fetch a new shirt. "So you've been shot more than once? What was that like?" Bullet wounds were one injury I could claim no experience with, and for that I was grateful.
Back to top Go down
Nicolai
Rookie

PostSubject: Re: Look What Followed Me Home   Look What Followed Me Home EmptyThu Mar 12, 2009 3:00 pm

Being a plaything to demons certainly didn't sound like fun, to be sure. His own story was a bit more family focused, but he'd at least avoided most spiritual attention until lately, what with the advent of the stranger showing up inside him and his moonlit jaunts of late. Still, by the looks of the scars on her there was slightly more to the story, as typically scars along the back and breasts and such implied rape. They might have been consensual, Saito'd known a few people who were into the...rougher side of sex, and Lexi didn't exactly seem the type to let a little thing like pain and sanity stop her from whatever it was that she enjoyed, but somehow he doubted that. He wondered briefly if Lance had anything to do with them before shaking his head; the other boy was insane, but he didn't think he was actually possessed.
Though now that he thought about it...
Of course he's possessed. Didn't you see the way he flipped out? There's insanity, and then there's stupidity, and then there's something else. He's got his own demons to stare down, buddy boy.
And here I thought I was just mad. Compared to what he's got going, you must be a cream puff.
Give me sixty seconds of free reign and I'll show you a creampuff.
Because that sounds like a good idea, what with the veiled threat and everything.
The spirit he's got in him? Candy. Too messed up to do anything important other than jump the first thing it sees and go wild. Me? I've got some class.
Bullshit.
Play nice and maybe I'll show you sometime.
Bite me.
No thanks, but I might take a bit of her.
Saito blinked lightly, cocking his head to the side slightly, unable to keep himself from considering the train of thought before he snapped back against the man in his head. Is it you that's been doing that? Everytime I see blood that isn't mine-
Blood tells, kiddo, and blood's part of the real world. It's part of where you're not. You don't seem to get alot of my subtler hints-
Subtle? That's-
-SO, I've been dropping a few bigger ones for you. We need to have a chat, Saito, sometime real damn soon, because if I don't get a little something of my own, you're going to have a whole lot bigger things to worry about then an oversized pussy cat with a knife.
Then leave me alone for the moment, and we'll do something when we get back to the apartment.
It's a date, sugar.
Saito groaned idly, running a hand over his face before he blinked and realized that he hadn't responded to her question yet, her words seeming to come back to him in the time the conversation took. He almost blushed, coughing into his hand slightly and straightening his back. "Sorry, my mind was elsewhere. Of course I'll leave my number, and I've been shot three times now. When I first...well, when I first slipped a bit, I got into something of...well...a bar fight, you might call it, and the owner stared me down with a shotgun and got a bit antsy with it. Ruined a perfectly good shirt, but my chest was fine by the time I hit the door of the bar. After that it's just been minor things, relatively, and they've healed in seconds. Still left me a bit thirsty, but that's the extent of the real damage." He said with a shrug, sounding a bit embarassed as he talked about the barfight.
Back to top Go down
яuиє
Ascended Tonberry
яuиє

Male

PostSubject: Re: Look What Followed Me Home   Look What Followed Me Home EmptyThu Mar 12, 2009 3:16 pm

- - - - - - - - - -
After lathering up my hair, I laied back, moving back under the water fully as I closed my eyes. Reaching up I ran my hands through my hair as I worked on washing the shampoo out of my hair. Remaining under the water long enough to make sure all the shampoo was out of my hair before I sit up again, glancing over at the bathroom door for a moment as I wondered what was taking place out side it... Looking away from the door, I reached down and pulled the stopper out of the bottom of the bathtub to let the water drain as I climbed to my feet and stepped out of the tub and grabbed a towel. As I wrapped the towel around my waist, I moved over in front of the counter and looked at my self in the mirror. In the mirror sat my reflection standing there, looking back at me, but to me, what I was seeing was not just me standing there, but a figure behind me... The man standing behind me in my reflection was the same one that had given me these powers I now have, he stood behind me in his long black tattered full body coat much like I had, staring out our reflection in the mirror, his eyes emanating a crimson glow, a wicked grin on his face, lips pulled back enough to show his teeth. As he stood behind me, he brought his hands up and placed them on my shoulders in the same place he had done so many years ago when we first met. As he took a hold of my shoulders I could feel his claws digging at the flesh of of my shoulders, scratching at the same scars he had given me when we first met. As he scratched at the scars, I gasped, letting out a cry of pain, trying to keep it rather quiet still " Let them hear it Lancy, cry out in pain like the little bitch that you are, you sure let that male treat you like one. "
- - - - - - - - - -
Post WC: 351
Total WC: 2,989
OOC:

Back to top Go down
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry
Surreal SaDiablo

Female

PostSubject: Re: Look What Followed Me Home   Look What Followed Me Home EmptyThu Mar 12, 2009 3:40 pm

Stepping into the darkness of my bedroom, leaving the door open but entering far enough in so that the light from the hall wouldn't show me clearly, I grab a tank top and a pair of shorts. I wasn't planning on going out again tonight so I didn't see the harm in changing into what I would be sleeping in later. Feeling safe and hidden inside the darkness, even though I could still clearly see Saito where he waited in the living area, I push the clothes remaining on my form down to the floor and kick them toward the open hamper. I knew the man would probably be able to make out my shape and movements as I change, but I didn't think his vision would be powerful enough to allow him fine details without the aid of light. Shimmying into the shorts first, I consider leaving the bra on underneath the tank, I could always take it off before bed. My final decision was to go ahead remove the blue lace, I don't really like the feeling of wearing constricting support underneath my comfy clothes. As I toss the bra onto the top of my dresser and reach for the thin top, my eyes are drawn back out into the light where the man stands silent. So far he hadn't answered my question or responded to anything I had said. A flash of panic flares in my veins. Could he see me? Is that why he wasn't answering? Shoving the tank over my head, quickly pulling it down to cover my mutilated breasts, I force the panic away just in time to realize he had finally starting speaking.

He began with an apology and explanation that his mind had wandered. Maybe that meant he hadn't seen anything and I had truly been protected by the dark. Listening to his description of the bar fight I try to imagine what that must have been like for him. The last thing I needed was to let myself see him as another stray to save. I had enough on my plate with Lance and it was obvious Saito could take care of himself and didn't need anyone like me to think differently. Appearing to ignore the embarrassment in his story, figuring that a strong man like him wouldn't want it pointed out or have attention drawn to it, I shake my head and reply with another bit of jealousy in my voice. "Well, that doesn't sound like a very fun story, but fast healing sounds like a handy side effect to have." It would have been a very handy one for someone like me.

At the mouth of the hallway, where I had stopped after returning from my room, I could hear the tub begin to drain. Lance must be finished with his bath now and would be returning in a matter of moments. I hoped he would honor his agreement to be good, I didn't think I could handle a true scuffle between the two should one break out.
Back to top Go down
Nicolai
Rookie

PostSubject: Re: Look What Followed Me Home   Look What Followed Me Home EmptyFri Mar 13, 2009 2:27 am

He shrugged lightly, blinking as she came back in and wondering idly if he'd missed a good show before berating himself for caring; wanting to see a girl strip down wasn't exactly the height of class, and despite the chuckle it earned from the stranger he forced himself not to think of it as he shrugged, leaning back lightly to bring his hands behind her back, cracking it lightly. Still, as he watched her, he smiled slightly. "It's interesting, to be sure. It would help you a bit more then it would help me, but..." he shrugged lightly. "If you don't mind my asking, what has your possession allowed you to do? You seemed to at least understand what you were doing when you created the blast back there." he noted.
Back to top Go down
яuиє
Ascended Tonberry
яuиє

Male

PostSubject: Re: Look What Followed Me Home   Look What Followed Me Home EmptyFri Mar 13, 2009 3:07 am

- - - - - - - - - -
Staring at the reflection in the mirror a bit longer I shut my eyes, lowering my head faintly as I stand there.. After a few seconds, I open my eyes again, looking into the mirror once more, the man that was behind me no longer there. Sighing lightly, I pull the towel from my waist and begin to dry the rest of my body. As I finish, I drop the towel onto the floor before grabbing my pants again and slip them on. After putting my pants on, I look at my self in the mirror again before I turn to the door. Taking a hold of the knob, I twist it, pulling the door open before I step out of the bathroom. After stepping out of the bathroom, I pause once more before I turn and head towards the living room. Having left the bandages on the floor in the bathroom, all I had covered was my lower body thanks to my pants, my upper body uncovered, the scars now viable to both Lexi and Saito, as I move into the living room I idly trace a finger back and forth along the one large gruesome looking scar that crossed my stomach, my chest holding many more scars, one of the larger ones being another that spans from my shoulder, down over my right breast, moving into the center of my chest, four sets of puncture wounds from claws viable on both shoulders, the scared tissue red and light scratches were on them. Coming to a stop in the living room, I look to Saito for a moment before I shift my attention to Lexi, when looking at her the first thing I notice is she is no longer in the close she was wearing before, this made me uneasy but I had told her I would play nice and I was going to do my best to stick to my word.
- - - - - - - - - -
Post WC: 323
Total WC: 3,312
OOC:

Back to top Go down
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry
Surreal SaDiablo

Female

PostSubject: Re: Look What Followed Me Home   Look What Followed Me Home EmptyFri Mar 13, 2009 3:23 am

"Yes it would help me at certain times, but if it came from a possession then it wouldn't have done as much good as I would like. Most of the scars came from before that night..." My words trail off and my body moves with a shiver as I realize I was about to quite literally spill my guts to this new man. Crossing my arms over my chest, as much to cover the ripple effect of the chill now standing noticeably against the thin fabric of my shirt as to reaffirm my invisible guard, I continue speaking, my voice slightly more eager and rapid than before. "Other than the cutter thing you saw, which shredded my first set of curtains, I've somehow made fire appear out of thin air and char my first dining room table, that I'd just brought home with kinda burned my butt. Umm, lemme see, what else has there been? Oh, I fell through the floor, like one second I was standing on it then the next I was falling from the ceiling of the apartment under me. That one was really hard to explain. I've made the room around me appear to be some far off place I'd been thinking about at the time, made people who've been very upset with me suddenly feel very at ease, and I might have cursed someone through touch, but I can't say for sure that it was my fault. That's about it so far, but they come at different times so I have no idea if that will be the whole list or not. I didn't exactly get a user's manual with the possessing spirit." Ok, now that I had said way too much and wanted nothing more than to sink through the floor again at this moment, I tried my best to turn the conversation back toward him. "What about you? What other handy tricks did you get with yours?" Just as I finished my question, I heard sounds of movement down the hall behind me. Turning to look over my shoulder I see Lance in nothing but his pants. My first thought was that I should grab the bandages and rewrap his body, but then I decide against it, it would the wounds some good to breathe for a little while. I could dress them after dinner. Then I noticed the fresh scratches over the scars at his shoulders and a shadow of worry darkens my light green eyes. "What happened to your shoulders?" I had originally meant to ask if he had enjoyed his bath, but after seeing fresh marks that hadn't been there the night before I had to address them.
Back to top Go down
Nicolai
Rookie

PostSubject: Re: Look What Followed Me Home   Look What Followed Me Home EmptyFri Mar 13, 2009 4:21 am

Having listened to her speak, he blinked and wondered quite what the difference between their possessions was. To be sure he seemed to have more bonuses then she did, or at least he seemed more aware of them, but at the same time he wondered if she had to worry quite so much about who she was, about eroding herself into something different and less with every passing day. He found himself wondering whether the power he now held was as addicting as he sometimes feared it would be; it was certainly deliciously tempting to let loose and enjoy the full strain of his abilities, but he so rarely did that he hoped it didn't much matter. Still, as he listened, at least he didn't have the same sort of random mishaps as she.
He was about to respond when the young man came out of his bath, wearing only a pair of pants and displaying his own relatively impressive set of scars, the likes of which Saito knew he couldn't match and wouldn't match. He wasn't sure quite why, but he wondered if scars would matter to him when they came. He couldn't imagine them being important to him, but at the same time it seemed so hard to think about juslying back and accepting any real wound... his flesh seemed eager to heal, eager to return to fighting condition-
You could tell me, you know, before just busting in like that.
What do you mean, Saito dearest?
You know damn well what I'm talking about. My mind is my own, you twisted fuck, and if you start fucking with my thoughts-
So angry all of a sudden! What have I been doing all along? You think I'm something else, that I'm something outside of you? I'm you, Saito, and you damn well know it.
Bullshit.
Hey, more ammo for that nice little chat of ours, something we should be getting to one of these days if you'll ever hurry the fuck up and have some dinner with your nice little new playmate and her pussycat.
She's not a playmate, obviously, or-
You're too much of a pussy to fuck her when you wanted and you know it, you're just getting off on your chivalry fetish.
Shut up.
I don't tell you anything you don't already know, kiddo, you just don't admit it to yourself 'cause you're a pussy.
I'll find a way to beat the fuck out of you yet, you know.
Ooh, macho posturing to the man in your head. Bravo, you'll win big points with your lady friend for that one.
Saito sighed and put two fingers to his nose, bowing his head lightly; he was beginning to get a headache from listening to the stranger in his head the whole time, the bands of pain throbbing with his heartbeat and beginning to slide-No. He refused to let it. It was a nice little trick, he remembered it from the adrenaline, how the bands of pain slid together into a seamless whole that sung hrough his body and filled it with something stronger, better, other, something-NO. He would kill the fucker, the next time he got the chance, this was NOT how he was going to conduct himself in public. He blinked and realized he'd lapsed on the conversation once more, looking to the two of them and straightening up, a bit embarassed once more.
Poor-
Not a word.

Back to top Go down
яuиє
Ascended Tonberry
яuиє

Male

PostSubject: Re: Look What Followed Me Home   Look What Followed Me Home EmptyFri Mar 13, 2009 4:38 am

- - - - - - - - - -
Standing there, I begin to hum my little tune, still tracing a finger along the scar on my stomach, when I hear Lexi's question, I pause for a moment, looking at her before I look to my right shoulder, looking at the scars with scratches on them. Remembering my little interaction with the man in the bathroom, I knew I couldn't tell her... I shrug faintly " .... Nothing, Must have happened when I was drying off.. " I said as I looked back to her as I started walking towards them. As I made my way to the living room, I kept glancing towards Saito before looking back to Lexi. Moving into the living room, I came up behind Lexi and reached out with a hand, placing it on her side lightly as I looked down at her, smiling as my humming ended " .. I see... you changed... Did your friend... take care of the cut? " After I finish my question, I look down at Lexi a few seconds longer before I lift my gaze back to Saito " ... I ... I'm sorry... about earlier.... " I said, my face still supporting a smile as I spoke. Just as I finished a voice spoke out in my head " No your not... You want to rip is fucking heart out and eat it. Don't tell that bastard your sorry, he treated you like a little bitch. " As I listened to the voice in my head, I shifted my gaze from Saito, looking back to Lexi, lightly moving my hand along her side as I looked at her " .. When will the food be done? "
- - - - - - - - - -
Post WC: 281
Total WC: 3,593
OOC:

Back to top Go down
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry
Surreal SaDiablo

Female

PostSubject: Re: Look What Followed Me Home   Look What Followed Me Home EmptyFri Mar 13, 2009 4:52 am

Hmm, did he really think I would buy that 'it must have happened while I was drying off' bullshit? I knew better than anyone here that normal people don't wind up with injuries for no damn reason... not that either of them really knew that at this point. I wouldn't call him out on it, not yet anyway, especially not when he offered some sort of apology to Saito for his rudeness earlier. I felt his hand come to my side as I stood still facing Saito, now with Lance behind me. Each time I heard his voice I would turn my head to the side and up to see his face before looking back to Saito. Eventually I would take a step away from Lance and turn my body to face him so I could lift the bottom of my tank top to show off the neat row of stitches. "Yep, I'm all sewn up now, no more tummy trying to escape. He was right, he's much better at the stitching than I've ever been." I was smiling now, happy for the moment though I couldn't tell you why. I was proud of the stitches, not because they were yet another wound or future scar on my body, but because they were the first ones in more than a decade that I didn't have to sew myself. At least that was the story I fed to myself, that it had nothing to do with the skilled hands that had moved the needle or the gentleness with which he touched me. No, it had nothing to do with that, it couldn't. Forgetting the thoughts and feelings that I couldn't explain and refused to analyze right now, I lower my shirt and give both men equally bright smiles. "The potatoes should be about ready. I'll go check them and put on the steaks. Anyone want to volunteer to set the table and pour us some drinks?" Hoping my smile would inspire some chivalrous instincts, I begin slowly moving for the kitchen while waiting for one of the men to proclaim himself my hero.
Back to top Go down
Nicolai
Rookie

PostSubject: Re: Look What Followed Me Home   Look What Followed Me Home EmptyFri Mar 13, 2009 5:06 am

Listening to her, he almost chuckled; she seemed careful to cater favor with neither of them, it seemed to him, as though she were weighing her options, the thought of which amused him. He wondered listened to the banter between the two of them easily, noticing both how she stepped away from the man and how she seemed happy as she showed off the stitches, both of which almost made him chuckle again, before she started back to the kitchen and went about going to work. She seemed to be offering the other man a chance to go about fixing up his bruised ego, and he didn't begrudge him that,if only because the voice in his mind seemed to feel that he'd won in the situation. "No trouble, no harm done." he said easily to the other man, wondering whether or not he would make the situation worse or better by having done it before shrugging and making his way along towards the table. At the chance to demonstrate something to her, he wondered if the other man would leap at it or hold himself back, and he stepped aside lightly as an offer to allow him to do it, if he so chose. If he wouldn't, he'd do it himself without much trouble, but he felt that he should at least give the man a chance. Even if he struggled not to feel a bit smug doing it.
Back to top Go down
яuиє
Ascended Tonberry
яuиє

Male

PostSubject: Re: Look What Followed Me Home   Look What Followed Me Home EmptyFri Mar 13, 2009 5:26 am

- - - - - - - - - -
When Lexi stepped away from me I allowed my arm to fall to my side as I looked at her, when she lifted her shirt, I glanced to the stitches that were in her stomach where I had cut her.. Reaching out, I lightly touch her stomach, running a finger under the cut as I look at her, smiling " .... My intent was not to spill your guts. " After I spoke up I felt that wasn't the best thing to say and sighed lightly " ... I'm sorry. " I said, pulling my gaze away for a moment. When talks of the food came up, I looked back to Lexi as I listened, nodding faintly. When she asked about setting up the table I looked at her for a moment, watching her as she started to walk away. I looked to Saito when he spoke up, simply smiling to him " Fat chance bitch, you're lucky Lance can stop me right now. " The voice rang out in my head as I turned and followed after Lexi. Following her into the kitchen, I pulled away and moved over to the cabinet which held the cups and pulled three out, after getting the cups, I pulled the fridge open and took out a bottle of soda and sat it on the counter before I went for the plates. Pulling three plates out of the cabinet that held them, I retrieved silverware for all three of us before grabbing the soda, and in some miracle of holding all this, I made it to the table, setting the soda, along with the cups down before I set the plates up along with the silverware before taking the cups and filling them with soda.
- - - - - - - - - -
Post WC: 292
Total WC: 3,986
OOC:

Back to top Go down
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry
Surreal SaDiablo

Female

PostSubject: Re: Look What Followed Me Home   Look What Followed Me Home EmptyFri Mar 13, 2009 5:36 am

"Aww thank you, Lance." I say with a smile as he moves into the kitchen to gather the dishes for the table. Before abandoning my guest in favor of not burning our dinner to a crisp, I mouth a silent thank you to Saito for giving Lance the chance to redeem himself, and for graciously accepting the man's apology. He seemed to be a kind man, even through those moments where he let his tongue sharpen itself on some poor hapless soul, I felt lucky to have quite literally run into him tonight. Making my way to the oven, I open the door making sure Lance wasn't close enough to be burned or bumped by it and then poke the wrapped potatoes with a long serving fork. They were just tender enough to eat, which meant they would be perfect by the time the steaks had a few minutes underneath the broiler on each side. Sliding the broiling pan onto the highest rack, the top element of the oven already glowing orange, I set the seasoned ribeyes in the heat and close the door. The timer on the exhaust hood was set for five minutes while I moved about the kitchen to throw together a nice light salad. As I tear the lettuce from the head and chop the vegetables, I call out to Lance asking if he would grab the salad dressings from the door of the fridge and put them on the table as well. Then a glance over my should to Saito and a smile for the man would precede another attempt at conversation. "So, Saito, what area of medicine are you leaning towards? You could already be an Emergency Room attending with your stitching skills."
Back to top Go down
Nicolai
Rookie

PostSubject: Re: Look What Followed Me Home   Look What Followed Me Home EmptyFri Mar 13, 2009 6:11 am

He stepped aside to let the other man go about getting the dishes and such, sitting down at the half bar and watching her cook easily as he smiled, shrugging his shoulders lightly in response to her question. "That's largely what I'm interested in, really; if I were to be in medicine, I figure I might as well be dealing with the serious matters right off the bat. I'd rather deal with car crashes and gunshots and things that need help immediately then sit and wait behind a desk and try and out puzzle my patient's illnesses. It's just a matter of putting in the requisite time..." he said with a slight shrug, leaning back and stretching slightly before watching her for a moment. "You still haven't told me what you do; you mentioned that it was dark, that was about it I'm afraid."
Back to top Go down
яuиє
Ascended Tonberry
яuиє

Male

PostSubject: Re: Look What Followed Me Home   Look What Followed Me Home EmptyFri Mar 13, 2009 6:19 am

- - - - - - - - - -
After setting up the table and poring some of the soda into the cups, I set it on the table, it had been a long time since I had set a table up so I wasn't sure if I had done it the right way, though Lexi had yet to say anything about it so I figured it was alright. When she spoke to me next, asking for dressings out of the fridge, I nodded faintly and made my way back into the kitchen to get what she asked for. As I entered the kitchen, I glanced over at Saito before looking back to the fridge and pulling it open, looking for the salad dressings. Once I found them, I gathered the bottles up and took them to the dining table, setting them on it before I look back to Lexi.
- - - - - - - - - -
Post WC: 141
Total WC: 4,127
OOC:

Back to top Go down
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry
Surreal SaDiablo

Female

PostSubject: Re: Look What Followed Me Home   Look What Followed Me Home EmptyFri Mar 13, 2009 6:38 am

"Well whenever you put the time in, let me know and I may just take my injuries to the ER from then on." With the salad together I move to the table to set it in the middle. Patting Lance's shoulder as I pass, I let that be the limit to my praise with Saito still here, I didn't want to risk making the man feel like a puppy who had finally made it outside to do his business with another male in the room. When the timer went off, I pull the broiler pan from the over and flip the sizzling steaks and put them back in for 3 more minutes. With three free minutes, I turn to face the bar where Saito sat and lean back against the counter beside the stove. "My job isn't particularly exciting, no where near as interesting as medicine. I'm a file clerk for some boring corporate headquarters. They've stuck me in the dark dank basement with nothing but endless rows of filing racks and a tiny desk complete with computer and phone to keep me company. It's depressingly boring, but it's good money and steady hours. Not to mention weekends off which are always a plus, right?" When the timer reaches the end of the last three minutes, I grab a plate and set it on the counter before pulling the broiler pan out and resting it on the range top. Using the serving fork, I transfer the three thick steaks to the plate, taking note that the slight red color to their juices confirmed a nice medium rare. Next out of the oven would come the foil wrapped potatoes, which were set on a different plate. After turning the oven off and closing the door, I make my way to the three chaired table and set the food in the middle along with the salad. "Bon Appetit boys. I hope you like the steaks." Running back to the fridge I grab the butter that I had forgotten to ask Lance to get and finally take my seat at the table.
Back to top Go down
Nicolai
Rookie

PostSubject: Re: Look What Followed Me Home   Look What Followed Me Home EmptyFri Mar 13, 2009 6:58 am

As he shifted to sit down at the table, he heard her speak to him before shrugging. "Don't just wait until I'm at the emergency room; if you're injured, a seems to happen often", he said with a reproving shake of his head, chuckling dryly as he picked up his fork and knife and started in on the meal with a hungry look on his face, "then call, and I'll be happy to help. I'll leave my number with you, so if I catch you stitching yourself up then there'll be hell to pay." He spoke with the joke of threat, though it was obvious he'd be rather displeased if he caught her doing it and would have a few choice words for her. Still, as he dug into his meal, he found himself rather enjoying the taste of something real, something that didn't boild down to either the fast-food grease the he swore was thick in his veins or the ramen sodium that probably disolved somewhere through his system and would one day come back to haunt him. Rea meat, honest to god dead animal...
"This is painfully good." he noted dryly, shaking his head as he ate, thoroughly enjoying a meal that for once actially involved something along the lines of preparation and had something approaching flavor. "It's going to make going back to ramen and fast food horribly depressing." he quipped easily as he ate, amazed at how easily something real in his stomach seemed to change things around for him.
Back to top Go down
яuиє
Ascended Tonberry
яuиє

Male

PostSubject: Re: Look What Followed Me Home   Look What Followed Me Home EmptyFri Mar 13, 2009 7:08 am

- - - - - - - - - -
When she past by me and gave me a pat on the shoulder, I smiled a bit more, glancing to her for a moment before I looked back at the table. As I stood there waiting for Lexi to tell me what to do I began to hum lightly to my self, bringing my left arm up to rub the scar on my right shoulder, slowly tracing a finger along it as I stared at the table, humming my tune, there was a brief pause in my humming when I spoke up " .. star, how I wonder where you are .. " as my words faded out they turned back to humming and I lifted my head from the table, looking back to Lexi when she came over to the table, setting the steaks down onto it. My attention shifted from Lexi to the slabs of meat she had, sniffing lightly at the air as I looked at the delicious looking pieces of meat, though I would have preferred if they were raw... I didn't think Lexi needed to know something like that... After she spoke, I sat down at the table, picking up the knife first, looking at it for a moment before I picked up the fork and slowly began to eat.
- - - - - - - - - -
Post WC: 216
Total WC: 4,343
OOC:

Back to top Go down
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry
Surreal SaDiablo

Female

PostSubject: Re: Look What Followed Me Home   Look What Followed Me Home EmptyFri Mar 13, 2009 7:29 am

Smiling to my two dinner companions as I began to cut my steak into small, dainty bites, I ponder Saito's half joking threat. "I'll keep that in mind next time I suffer some horrific injury. I don't know what the going rate for paying hell is these days but I don't have piles of money laying around and hell already got my innocence so all that's left is first born, which isn't coming any time soon." Scooping a dab of butter onto my unwrapped and opened potato I begin to mix it up just the way I like, I hear Saito's comment on the meal. Painfully good. I think that was the best one I'd ever received. A flush of embarrassment colors my face as my eyes drop to my plate. With a soft chuckle I thank him and promise that each injury he fixes up for me would be repaid with a home cooked meal to break up the routine of ramen and fast food.

The rest of the meal was spent in relative quiet, our mouths too busy with the food to make idle chatter. Once I'd eaten all I could of the steak and potato, I slide my plate to Lance knowing he would probably have plenty of room for the second half of my meal. My salad I would finish because a lady needs her greens, as my mother used to say. All in all it was a nice meal, Lance remained well behaved, even sharing his soda with Saito without me having to ask. When the meal was over and I had cleared the table of dishes, I offered to walk Saito outside so that I could have a private moment to apologize and thank him again for everything he'd done.
296 End Rp
Back to top Go down
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry
Surreal SaDiablo

Female

PostSubject: Re: Look What Followed Me Home   Look What Followed Me Home EmptySat Mar 14, 2009 12:00 am

Updated Lance & Saito

Last edited by Surreal SaDiablo on Sun Mar 29, 2009 5:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Look What Followed Me Home   Look What Followed Me Home Empty

Back to top Go down

Look What Followed Me Home
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next