Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

H2H Content Site ( Mirror ) - New Content Added 11/22!

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Mistaken Identity (Chaos)

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry
Surreal SaDiablo

Female
Number of posts : 3123
Rep! : 257
Registration date : 2009-01-03

Mistaken Identity (Chaos) Empty
PostSubject: Mistaken Identity (Chaos)   Mistaken Identity (Chaos) EmptySun Mar 29, 2009 11:24 pm

It had been another long day at work, even longer now that I knew there was a chance for something better. Ever since meeting Psyre Prince over dinner the other night, my work had been disappointingly lackluster. Knowing that I had even a sliver of a chance at a position in his new company made my commitment to my current employers wane. I felt bad for moving slower to get the files upstairs when they were called for, and for not running back up there the very instant they called for the files to be returned to the basement. It wasn't like I had given up on the job or even shucked my responsibilities yet, I was just feeling less and less dedicated and not so willing to go that extra mile anymore. Having that small hope of a new opportunity behind me had also inspired me to stand up for myself today when my boss informed me that he was planning on staying late again today. There was no incentive for me staying late, I didn't get paid by the hour or get any overtime for how long I stayed beyond five. Every other time the man expected it of me, I had stayed and twiddled my thumbs while waiting for him to finish whatever he had to do with the files. Today was different. When he called down to let me know he would be staying late, I promptly informed him that I would be leaving at five as scheduled and that I would be more than happy to collect the files he was using first thing in the morning when I arrived back at work. He was silent for a while, long enough to make me fear what would come next, but then he just cleared his throat and told me that would be fine. I left the building right on five o'clock without so much as a glance back.

Since it was such a nice evening and the sun was still reasonably high in the sky, I decided to let the bus leave without me, preferring to enjoy walking home instead. As I walked, surrounded by the sounds of the Lower Commons, I let my mind wander to the three very different men who had all entered my life recently. Each one had redeeming qualities, some possessed far more than others, but all had managed to shine a new light into my formally drab and boring life. Dressed in a pair of simple black slacks, with an ivory shimmery blouse beneath a black female suit jacket, my purse strap is secured across my chest and my strawberry blonde hair is amazingly still holding a bit of the bouncy curl that I had styled in it this morning.
Back to top Go down
Broken
Intern
Broken

Female
Number of posts : 336
Rep! : 0
Registration date : 2009-01-02

PostSubject: Re: Mistaken Identity (Chaos)   Mistaken Identity (Chaos) EmptySun Mar 29, 2009 11:56 pm

Mistaken Identity (Chaos) Chaosavy
Hmm this is too easy. I murmured to my self looking over the new case files I’d picked up from the department this morning. Clearly two of these suspects where way to novice to have committed the crime. Besides based on their pervious offenses it seem to fit their pattern. The crime had been too meticulous, to planed out and to well cleaned of evidence for either of them. I was also having my doubts about the third, he was a particularly vicious criminal, and took great care in each he committed but murder wasn’t his thing. There was just no motive. I could see why the boss had picked them however. This string of crimes with no lead, it would be easy to just pin it on one of the current criminals we wanted off the streets. But there was a disturbing trend with this recent attacks. They were closer together and even animals had been killed. That was odd, serial killers usually started with animals then worked their way up to humans. Sighing I sat back in the booth and munched some of my pie. This was going to take more time than I had original thought, best to finish this at home or at work where I could use the computer to cross reference some other similar cases. I nodded to my self and sat up waving over the waitress for my bill.
After paying for my half eaten Pie stepped out into the street, my pack was slung over one shoulder and very heavy. I hadn’t stopped home to drop it off yet, which I was beginning to regret as the strap was digging into my shoulder with the weight of the files. Normally That would have been it, eat, ponder , and head home, but not this day. My eyes were caught by the red hair across the street. At first that was enough to get my attention but as the car drove pass allowing me to see the person it belonged to I froze. Staring at her as she passed, it was as if time it self had slowed down. At first my mind tried to convince my eyes what I was seeing wasn’t real. But the more I looked the more confident I became of who it was. The eyes, the lips, the way she walked. It had to be her, I wasn’t sure how or why but I didn’t bother to think about it. Me, the over analytical one who wonders about every detail, Didn’t even try to think about it. As she began to move further away I tried to call to her but nothing came out. Not a sentence, not word, not even a grunt was I able to squeeze out. Finally I was able to force my self forward. So sudden was the spell of immobility that I jolted forward in front of an on coming car. The tires squealed as the car stopped just inches before me. I pushed off the hood and across the street. Now I was able to speak and Called out.
"Vivian!" As I continued to close the gap, when I’d reached her I stopped, and caught my breath. There were so many questions I had for her and so much joy that I was unable to say anything other than "Vivian…"

WC: 558
OOC: ---
-Theme-
Back to top Go down
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry
Surreal SaDiablo

Female

PostSubject: Re: Mistaken Identity (Chaos)   Mistaken Identity (Chaos) EmptyMon Mar 30, 2009 12:21 am

Visions of the three men in my life swam through my mind while my feet moved automatically along the sidewalk. I was so caught up in the thoughts and moving on auto pilot that I was severely startled by the screeching of tires that burst the reverie and pained my ears. After jumping mid step and letting the full body shudder shake my form, i glanced around to make sure the car hadn't been headed for me. Since I wasn't in the street but safe on the sidewalk and I couldn't see any cars stopped at strange angles in the immediate vicinity, I started to continue on my way. I heard a voice call out a woman's name but since it wasn't my name I paid it no further attention. Until the owner of the voice had caught up with me, that is. Then I couldn't ignore it any longer. Shaking my head, putting an apologetic smile on my lips, I take a half step away from the man and then speak. "I'm sorry, I think you have the wrong girl. My name isn't Vivian." Whoever Vivian really is must have meant something to this guy, for him to run down the sidewalk and risk making a fool of himself just to get her attention.
Back to top Go down
Broken
Intern
Broken

Female

PostSubject: Re: Mistaken Identity (Chaos)   Mistaken Identity (Chaos) EmptyMon Mar 30, 2009 12:36 am

Panted for a moment longer before her words actually sunk in and I lost my breath. In that moment I straighten my self and looked at her very closely. She could pass for her twin, besides the clothes and her voice. In that moment of realization it was almost like losing Vivian all over again. I had hoped that it had been her, such mad hope that it transcended all possible logic I’d known. I’d seen watched her die, I’d held her as it had happened. I was there when she was put into the ground and I had let her mother cry on my shoulder. I knew this, I knew she was gone forever, and yet I’d wished so much to see her that I guess it had blinded me when I saw this girl.

“Oh I’m sorry malady…It’s just…” I trailed of as I stared at her, the similarities to Vivian still entranced me. How could someone that was not Vivian look so much like her? As I realized I was staring and how rude I was being I continued “My apologies, you reminded me of someone.” I said shaking my head and smiling as I closed my eyes. I was a fool, and I was sure I’d made her feel very awkward. I ran my fingers threw my hair as I tried to think of a way to lessen the awkwardness.

WC: 234 / 792
-Theme-
Back to top Go down
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry
Surreal SaDiablo

Female

PostSubject: Re: Mistaken Identity (Chaos)   Mistaken Identity (Chaos) EmptyMon Mar 30, 2009 1:00 am

The reaction to my admission that I wasn't the Vivian he was looking for almost broke my heart. He looked so pitiful for a moment and then of course it shifted to that male awkwardness that I could never refuse and found so adorable. Trying to alleviate his embarrassment, I reached out to softly brush my fingers against his arm. "It's alright, it happens to the best of us. You know they say that every one has a twin, maybe your Vivian is mine. For whatever it's worth, I hope you find her, you seemed to be really excited when you thought I was her." I wasn't sure what else to say, didn't want to seem like I was coming on to him or that I was a lunatic, so I let that be the end of my words for now.
Back to top Go down
Broken
Intern
Broken

Female

PostSubject: Re: Mistaken Identity (Chaos)   Mistaken Identity (Chaos) EmptyMon Mar 30, 2009 1:26 am

I opened my eyes but kept them lowered to ground as she touched my arm. It was comforting, but I couldn’t decide if it was because she reminded me of Vivian or not. I pondered the thought of everyone having a twin. That seemed probable given the upwards of 6 billion humans on the planet, there were bond to be people who shared similar features. Of course thinking things through logically did help to get my mind out of what ever metal quagmire I’d had managed to throw my self into. The of course she remarked on how she wished me luck finding her. It was like salt in the wound, I knew I would never find her. No matter how far I went or where I looked it was just not logical to think that way. “I was, but it’s doubtful I ever will see her again…At lest not in this life time.” I said finally drawing my eyes from the ground for a faint smile. I probably should have left at that point, but something held me there. I was fascinated with her, she was not Vivian but still I was curious. Did she like the same foods, and music? Or was she completely different? The questions began to pill up in my head, but I couldn’t find a way to ask them without coming off as strange, so I was silent a moment before continuing.
“Well, is there anyway I could make up for calling you out like that in front of everyone? Maybe a doughnut?” I offered, as I knew of an old doughnut shake not far away. It would also allow me to learn more of this look alike.

WC: 280 / 1,072
Back to top Go down
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry
Surreal SaDiablo

Female

PostSubject: Re: Mistaken Identity (Chaos)   Mistaken Identity (Chaos) EmptyMon Mar 30, 2009 1:40 am

"I'm sorry to hear that." I couldn't tell if his comment about not thinking he would ever see her again was because he had given up hope of finding her or because of some more permanent issue, like death perhaps. Knowing it would be rude to press the issue I waited through the silence to see what he would say next. An offer to let him make it up to me with a doughnut was actually a cute and unique offer. One I didn't want to turn down. Smiling brightly with a short nod, I adjust the strap of my purse and accept his offer. "That sounds like fun. I haven't had a doughnut in far too long, thank you for thinking of it." I would allow him to lead the way to where the fried dough treats could be found. "Umm... my name is Alexis by the way, Lexi for short. If I'm going to let you take me for a treat I think I should probably know your name too."
Back to top Go down
Broken
Intern
Broken

Female

PostSubject: Re: Mistaken Identity (Chaos)   Mistaken Identity (Chaos) EmptyMon Mar 30, 2009 1:58 am

I smiled and nodded as I led the way down the street. How could she have not had Mistaken Identity (Chaos) Chaosavy
Doughnuts? They were my favorites, some where between cookies and cake. "That sounds only fair. I’m Chaos, Nice to meet you, Alexis." I said looking back as I spoke. It was interesting how I had gone from being so sure of who she was to introducing my self. It could have been gods way of mocking me, if there was such a thing. It wasn’t far, that’s why I had picked it, so she could easily find her way back to whatever path she had been headed on. As we neared the shop I held the door and followed her in. It was old but clean, with a large counter to exhibit there different baked goods, most of witch were doughnuts with the occasional cookie or odd pastry. Along the wall, were sets of small tables and chairs for those few that decided to stay and eat here.
"So what do you want?" I asked looking from her to the display, as I’d already planed out mine on the walk over.

WC: 187 / 1,259
Back to top Go down
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry
Surreal SaDiablo

Female

PostSubject: Re: Mistaken Identity (Chaos)   Mistaken Identity (Chaos) EmptyMon Mar 30, 2009 2:09 am

The walk to the doughnut shop didn't take long at all, which was good because I hadn't called home before leaving work to tell Lance I would be late and I really didn't want to have to deal with him roaming the streets and happening upon me in the company of yet another male. It was already enough of a headache to deal with the puppy looks when I mentioned Saito and now that Psyre was thrown into the mix as well, I didn't need to make it any worse. At least he'd seemed a bit easier to deal with once I had made it clear that he could play with as many other females as he liked. Hopefully he would find one of them that he liked enough to cling to her and forget that he ever wanted me in that way, at least that was what I was praying for.

"Chaos? What an interesting name. Do you mind if I ask how you came by it?" I was genuinely curious about his name. Chaos wasn't exactly something most parents would name their child, it sounded more like a nickname picked up on the streets or earned in a group of friends.

When we entered the shop, I stopped for a second to just breathe in the heavenly scent of baked and fried goodies. I already knew which kind I wanted, the only kind I ever got when limited to one choice. Glancing at the man sheepishly, I voice my preference with a timid tone. "Glazed devil's food cake, please." Usually I wasn't that big on chocolate, only when the mood struck or I was feeling particularly crappy, but when it came to devil's food cake doughnuts... that was one temptation I would never be able to resist.
Back to top Go down
Broken
Intern
Broken

Female

PostSubject: Re: Mistaken Identity (Chaos)   Mistaken Identity (Chaos) EmptyMon Mar 30, 2009 2:29 am

I raised a brow as she asked about my name "That a long story, sure you are have time to hear it?" I asked, in a light much almost sarcastic tone. Usually time constants was enough to fend off anyone asking about were I’d picked up the name. Not that the story was long, but rather more unpleasant towards the end. As she picked out her payment I nodded approvingly.
"Good choice" I said looking up at the man behind the counter. "And I’ll have a chocolate custard" I said looking back her, she was adorable. And if looking like Vivian hadn’t already made feel protective of her then her charming attitude certainly had. "I guess I can always give you the short version if you like." I said as the man handed us our doughnuts and I found seat.

WC: 140 / 1,399
OOC:---
Back to top Go down
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry
Surreal SaDiablo

Female

PostSubject: Re: Mistaken Identity (Chaos)   Mistaken Identity (Chaos) EmptyMon Mar 30, 2009 2:39 am

Taking the doughnut, I spend a moment or two just admiring it before taking the smallest of bites. It had been too long since I had enjoyed one of these and I wasn't about to gobble it up too quickly. I was going to savor and enjoy every small bite. After taking a seat where Chaos led me and swallowing the bird bite I had taken, I nod to him with a grin. "Oh wow, this is even better than the ones you get from the big chain stores around the city. Is it possible to fall in love with a dessert?" Enjoying another bite, this one just a tiny bit larger, I tilt my head after pondering over which version of his story I would like to hear. "The short version would be nice. Not that I don't have the time to hear the long version, but the summary generally gives enough information to understand the discarded details."
Back to top Go down
Broken
Intern
Broken

Female

PostSubject: Re: Mistaken Identity (Chaos)   Mistaken Identity (Chaos) EmptyMon Mar 30, 2009 2:55 am

I chuckled as she commented falling in love with a dessert. "Handmade is the best I’ve found, I’m Glad you’re enjoying it" I said as I took a bit of my own.
"Alright then, Short version it is. It was a child hood nickname that I adopted after I a confrontation that forced me to give up my real name. As I said, Long story, but in the end I ended up keeping the Nickname as my own for security reasons." I said taking another bit. Of course the longer version would have gone into more detail, this one almost made me seem like an ex. con or gang member. "I probably could use my old name again, but its not worth risking it, it’s just a name after all." I added realizing I forgot something to drink.
"Would you like milk or coffee?" I asked as I stood up asking the man to give me some Coffee to go along with my Doughnut.

WC: 164 / 1,563
OOC:---
Back to top Go down
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry
Surreal SaDiablo

Female

PostSubject: Re: Mistaken Identity (Chaos)   Mistaken Identity (Chaos) EmptyMon Mar 30, 2009 3:05 am

The short version was very short, and while it answered my question, it left even more unanswered. Since I had requested the summary I didn't feel right asking more about it so I simply nodded at first. When the question of beverage comes, I glance up and tuck a stray strand of hair behind my ear. "Umm... coffee please. Blonde and sweet like I used to be." I couldn't stand plain black coffee but add a generous amount of sugar and enough cream to make it tan and I lap it up like a cat before a saucer of milk. While he was taking care of the drinks, I sit quietly and think about what he said concerning his name. I had considered doing something similar. Giving up the name my family had given me after they decided to give me up, but I had never gone through with it. My name was all I had left of them, all that remained to tie me to the family I had once known. Even though they didn't want me anymore, which I really couldn't blame them for, I couldn't find any ill will toward them in my heart. No matter where I went or what happened in my life, I would always be Alexis Renee Andrews, the once loved youngest child of the Andrews family. When Chaos returned, I offered his a sympathetic smile. "You make a good point. It's just a name, if it doesn't mean anything to you then there is no reason to take any chances by using it again." The only reasons I knew to live under an alias were if you were wanted by the authorities, the criminals, or both. I had no idea who this man had to hide from when he was younger but I figured whoever it was, they weren't likely to forget no matter how much time had passed.
Back to top Go down
Broken
Intern
Broken

Female

PostSubject: Re: Mistaken Identity (Chaos)   Mistaken Identity (Chaos) EmptyMon Mar 30, 2009 3:15 am

I nodded and said I’d have the same. I hated bitter things, bitter weather, bitter people and most of all bitter food. If it wasn’t sweet there was no way I’d touch it with a ten foot pole. As he handed me the two cups and I was about turn around I noticed her mood had dropped a bit. I couldn’t see why, I'd left out the sad part of the story, it had to be something else. As I set her mug in front of her and returned to my seat I made note of it.
"Is something wrong? And don’t try to lie I’ll know if you’re lying." I said pointing to the ghost blue eyes, but added a smirk so I didn’t come off as serious as when I told criminals the same thing.
WC: 137
Back to top Go down
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry
Surreal SaDiablo

Female

PostSubject: Re: Mistaken Identity (Chaos)   Mistaken Identity (Chaos) EmptyMon Mar 30, 2009 3:25 am

When the young man returned, I was reaching for one of the coffee cups but his words made my hand pause in midair. Recovering quickly, I lower my hand and watch as he set the mug in front of me. Lowering my eyes to study the warm drink, I shake my head slowly. "No, nothing is wrong." Lifting my light green eyes to meet his blue ones. " That's not a lie, at least not a current one anyway. I was just thinking back to when I considered getting rid of my name and giving myself a new one. There was a phase I went through, you know being a teenager and wanting to rebel against everything I couldn't or wouldn't understand. I thought I wanted to create my own identity, to forget the name and story given to me at birth, but after a while I realized that it wouldn't work for me. My name isn't just a name for me, it's my only tie to the very faint happy memories I have of my early childhood."
Back to top Go down
Broken
Intern
Broken

Female

PostSubject: Re: Mistaken Identity (Chaos)   Mistaken Identity (Chaos) EmptyMon Mar 30, 2009 3:22 pm

I listened quietly "I see,, well it’s a very pretty name, it suits you, and if it hold meaning then that’s all that really matters." I said offering a smile before taking a scrap of my doughnut. I realized I couldn’t read her about half way threw her explanation. She just looked and even acted too much like Vivian, I couldn’t get past wanting to believe every word she said. So I stopped looking for indications of lying and just enjoyed my self. There were times when it was just best to just take things at face value and take pleasure from life instead of looking for the deep dark truth, it was often a truth a didn’t want to know anyway. "So if you had a chance to change your name what would it be?" I asked after I took a sip of coffee, trying to lighten the mode.

WC: 150 / 1,850
Back to top Go down
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry
Surreal SaDiablo

Female

PostSubject: Re: Mistaken Identity (Chaos)   Mistaken Identity (Chaos) EmptyMon Mar 30, 2009 4:20 pm

"Umm... well I didn't really get that far. I only thought it out through the basic idea, never actually got down to thinking of what names I would like. I've always thought names like Destiny, Antonia, and Faith were pretty but they would have never fit me." Pausing long enough to take sip of the coffee, I set the mug back down on the table with a slight shrug. "I don't know what I would have come up with. I guess it doesn't really matter now though. So how did you get a childhood nickname like Chaos anyway? Were you a tyrant munchkin who tore through rooms like a tornado?"
Back to top Go down
Broken
Intern
Broken

Female

PostSubject: Re: Mistaken Identity (Chaos)   Mistaken Identity (Chaos) EmptyMon Mar 30, 2009 4:47 pm

I laughed looking down as she asked about the name "No nothing nearly that destructive. My grandmother came up with it because I could never make up my mind. She said I had a disorderly realest mind that was always in conflict, Chaotic even. Vivian was always more calm about things, she was the harmony to my chaos I guess you could say." I spoke very softly gazing into my cup, remembering those simple happier days. A smile crossed my lips, good memories were nice to have, I thought to my self before looking up. "My birth name was Aden" I said finishing off my doughnut. It wasn’t much of a risk to give out that much, it was the last name that was worth hiding, I dare not utter it aloud even here. I shifted my bag from my shoulder to the floor, and sighed in relief from being freed of its weight.
"much better" I murmured rubbing my shoulder before returning my attention to the coffee.
WC: 168 / 2,018
Back to top Go down
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry
Surreal SaDiablo

Female

PostSubject: Re: Mistaken Identity (Chaos)   Mistaken Identity (Chaos) EmptyMon Mar 30, 2009 5:11 pm

The more he spoke of this Vivian, the more it was starting to sound like she had died, which of course made me feel even worse about telling him that I hoped he would find her. Not wanting to dwell on the subject too much, not wanting to risk making the man sad or anything, I give a brief laugh and nodded my head. "Having a chaotic mind... I can sympathize with that... it usually takes me more than ten minutes just to decide what flavor pop tart I want in the mornings and you don't even want to get me started on what goes through my mind on the rare occasion that it is allowed to play by itself." Another nibble of the doughnut and sip of the coffee back to back almost brings a quiet moan from my lips. Maybe I could swing in to this place once a week for a guilty pleasure or two, now that I knew it was here it would be very difficult to stay away. Looking back to Chaos, I chew at my bottom lip for a moment then let them curve into a smile. "I think Aden is a very nice name. It sounds strong... makes you think of a ruggedly handsome man from some old lush green country like Scotland or Ireland."
Back to top Go down
Broken
Intern
Broken

Female

PostSubject: Re: Mistaken Identity (Chaos)   Mistaken Identity (Chaos) EmptyMon Mar 30, 2009 5:37 pm

"That’s just the sign of a strong mind, not many people can weigh the consequences of their actions ahead of time. They simply want what they want and it clouds their judgement. For instance take a man who is freezing and sees a tree, he would think of fire wood probably. Take that same man on a very hot day and he would see shade provided by that same tree." I said with a smirk "Pop tarts can be just as complex." I said, taking another sip of my coffee as she spoke. "Heh, you like that huh? Well I’m obviously nothing like that." I said smiling, I thought even Ingel was more rugged than my self. Of course he was, he was in the business of killing people. I was on the opposite side, I couldn’t even bring my self to play god with other’s lives, not even a criminals, the weight of blood on my hands would be something I might not be able to live with.

WC: 169 / 2,187
Back to top Go down
яuиє
Ascended Tonberry
яuиє

Male
Number of posts : 3978
Rep! : 82

PostSubject: Re: Mistaken Identity (Chaos)   Mistaken Identity (Chaos) EmptyMon Mar 30, 2009 6:22 pm

[Lance: Mistaken Identity]
Pulling another chip from the bag, I take a bite of it and hum lightly to my self as I walk down the street. Since Lexi was gone, I decided to get out of the house and find something to do, though before I left I had grabbed a snack. Taking another bite from the chip before slipping the rest of it into my mouth and chewing it up I gaze at the people walking down the street " What to do, what to do.. " I mumbled to my self, my day had been rather peaceful, the man in my head was rather silent today, not speaking to me as much as he had been during the past few days.. That both made me feel better and lonely.. My attention quickly shifted as an alluring smell filled my nose. I stopped and glanced around as I pitched my head up some and sniffed at the air before looking to the doughnut shop that was producing the great smell.. I looked at the chips I was holding for a moment before looking back to the doughnut shop and licked my lips " Mmm, I want something from there... " I said, nodding to my self as I made my way to the doughnut shop. I stopped at the door for a moment before pushing it open and stepping into the shop, thanks to Lexi, I had spending money so I could buy things I wanted... Once in the shop I stopped again and took in the delicouse smell of the doughnuts..

Post WC: 261
Total WC: 261
OOC:
Back to top Go down
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry
Surreal SaDiablo

Female

PostSubject: Re: Mistaken Identity (Chaos)   Mistaken Identity (Chaos) EmptyMon Mar 30, 2009 6:47 pm

"I'm not too sure about that. You could easily be a strong person, strong doesn't always have to mean physically." Having made it halfway through my doughnut, I cast a forlorn glance down to where the missing half's crumbs are scattered over the napkin. I wonder how bad it would be if I wrap up the other half and take it home to enjoy later. I know if I eat it all now I would yearn for and crave it later tonight while curled up on the couch watching the late night news. Deciding to deal with the craving when it hit later on tonight, I take another bite of the doughnut and wash it down with more coffee before thinking back on something Chaos had said. "You know something, you're right. Pop tarts can be very complex, I mean you have the fruity filled ones, the chocolate filled ones, and then the maple brown sugar filled ones in a category all on their own. Then as if filling itself isn't enough of a decision to make, you also have frosted or unfrosted. Frosted tastes better when you want a nice sugar rush first thing in the morning, but unfrosted seems to work better when you have the time to dunk it in milk. You should see how much time I spend on the breakfast aisle just picking which boxes to buy each week. It's undoubtedly one of the longest decisions I have to make."
Back to top Go down
Broken
Intern
Broken

Female

PostSubject: Re: Mistaken Identity (Chaos)   Mistaken Identity (Chaos) EmptyMon Mar 30, 2009 7:13 pm

"Yes you are very right about that, strength isn’t all physical." I agreed, and let a small heh follow her comment about the pop tarts. "Well then you have to worry about others you may have to share them with, I always leave one in the box for a friend or unexpected guest. Not that I have a lot people stop by, but it’s better to have some when they do." I added as someone walked in. I didn’t pay as much attention as I usually would to this sort of thing. Instead of watching my surroundings I was having to much fun talking about pop tarts.
WC: 105 / 2,292
Back to top Go down
яuиє
Ascended Tonberry
яuиє

Male

PostSubject: Re: Mistaken Identity (Chaos)   Mistaken Identity (Chaos) EmptyMon Mar 30, 2009 7:23 pm

As I step up to the counter, I reach into my pocket, reaching for the money I had brought with me. When the person behind the counter asks what I wanted.. I glanced over the over head menu, looking for something that sounded yummy. " .. Ill have. A glazed one and.. a chocolate covered one. " I said, nodding as I looked back to the person behind the counter. I watched as they retrieved the two doughnuts I requested and rapped them up, telling me how much it would be. I pulled some money from my pocket and handed over the requested amount before sticking the rest into my pocket then took my yummy treats. Now that I had them I took a bite of the glazed one as I pulled away from the counter and began to walk away, looking for a place to sit as I began to hum again.

Post WC: 153
Total WC: 414
OOC:
Back to top Go down
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry
Surreal SaDiablo

Female

PostSubject: Re: Mistaken Identity (Chaos)   Mistaken Identity (Chaos) EmptyMon Mar 30, 2009 8:14 pm

"Yeah, I never had to think about that before. No one ever used to come over, but now that I have a room mate I'm slowly learning that nothing is sacred. I haven't tried marking things with my name yet, but that's the next step." Glancing toward the display counter, hoping for a quick peek of the other delicious treats that I could dream about later on tonight, I notice a man ordering doughnuts with his back turned to Chaos and myself. Letting out a soft groan, I look to Chaos. "Speak of the devil... you know that room mate I mentioned?" Tilting my head in the direction of Lance as he was given his order and turned to look for a place to sit, I didn't turn my head back to him. If Lance noticed me and came over that would be his choice, I wouldn't try and catch his attention just in case he didn't want to see me in here. He'd ordered two doughnuts so for all I knew he could be meeting one of his 'yummy females' here.
Back to top Go down
Broken
Intern
Broken

Female

PostSubject: Re: Mistaken Identity (Chaos)   Mistaken Identity (Chaos) EmptyTue Mar 31, 2009 12:04 am

A room mate huh? Luckily that was something I never had to worry about. I followed her gaze to the man who had entered not too long ago. I was surprised that he was her room mate, I’d expected a girl, unless they had something going on the side. I knew that was a bad manners of me to jump to conclusions but that’s usually where this things led, unless of course he was gay. I turned back to Alexis "That’s you room mate? What? you do not want to invite him over?" I asked with a smirk, it was already clear she didn’t want to draw his attention so I didn’t go against her wishes.
"Interesting, his he an old friend or something?" I asked, normally people didn’t just move in with strangers.
WC: 134
Back to top Go down
яuиє
Ascended Tonberry
яuиє

Male

PostSubject: Re: Mistaken Identity (Chaos)   Mistaken Identity (Chaos) EmptyTue Mar 31, 2009 12:46 am

As I walked, I took a bite of one doughnut then a bite of another and began to chew the mix of glazed and chocolate doughnut as I walked, humming to my self. I would have walked right by her if I hadn't picked up the scent.. I came to a stop and sniffed the air some, the strange rain smell that is always on Lexi.. I could smell it amidst the smell of the yummy doughnuts.. I stopped chewing the doughnuts up for a moment and glanced around until my eyes came to rest on the familiar shape and appearance of Lexi, but she wasn't alone. My gaze shifted to the male with her and I tensed up as I looked from one to the other. My gaze shifted from Lexi to the male as I began to approach them, swallowing the bite of doughnut in my mouth before I took another bite and began to chew it as I came to the table they where sitting at and looked down at them, my eyes shifting to Lexi as I offered her a smile, speaking with a mouth full of doughnut " Hewow Wexi. " Though tense, my demeanor thus far remained friendly and non aggressive.

Post WC: 207
Total WC: 621
OOC:
Back to top Go down
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry
Surreal SaDiablo

Female

PostSubject: Re: Mistaken Identity (Chaos)   Mistaken Identity (Chaos) EmptyTue Mar 31, 2009 1:26 am

"Not so much. I've only known him a couple months. I asked him to move in on an impulse, my father used to say that I inherited my mother's bleeding heart." I kept my answers brief, not only because I had only met Chaos a few moments before, but because I knew Lance would come over if he spotted me... or smelled me. When he did in fact approach the table, I forced my mouth to curve in a welcoming smile as I looked up to him. "Hey Lance. Get a hankering for a doughnut before dinner?" I asked with a friendly laugh before introducing him to the man across the table. "This is Chaos. He stopped me on the sidewalk on my way home, he thought I was someone else, so to make it up to me he invited me to come have a doughnut. Did you know this place was here? I have a feeling we're going to have to make weekly trips this way from now on." Not forgetting Chaos, I shift my eyes from Lance to the new young man. "Chaos, this is my roommate Lance." Now that the introductions were made I hoped Lance would continue to appear friendly and not flip out like he did the first time he met Saito.
Back to top Go down
Broken
Intern
Broken

Female

PostSubject: Re: Mistaken Identity (Chaos)   Mistaken Identity (Chaos) EmptyTue Mar 31, 2009 1:37 am

"An impulse?" I started to ask but cut my self short turning around to see the other man behind me and offered him a half smile. I hadn’t expected to turn and see him right there.
"Good afternoon Lance." I said getting up from my chair to offer him a hand to shake. I could tell by his posture he was tensed, but what about I was still unsure. Whether he took the hand shake or not I moved to grab another chair and set it between Alexia and myself at the table. Her reaction had been a bit less than enthusiastic but it would have been rude not to offer him to sit with us. I Patted the empty chair as I sat back in mine.
"Here have a seat" I said, moving my back pack to the other side of my chair.
WC: 144
Back to top Go down
яuиє
Ascended Tonberry
яuиє

Male

PostSubject: Re: Mistaken Identity (Chaos)   Mistaken Identity (Chaos) EmptyTue Mar 31, 2009 2:02 am

I looked at the two doughnuts I had before looking back to Lexi and nodded smiling a bit more " Mhm. Mhm. " After swallowing the doughnut I spoke up again " ..They smelt so yummy I wanted to try one. Wanna try some? " I said, glancing to the man and his out stretched hand. I took one of the doughnuts into my mouth, freeing the hand so I could reach out and shake his hand. As I shook his hand, my grip was tighter then a normal shake would be, my gaze falling to the mans eyes as I looked into them for a moment, a faint glare in my gaze, sniffing at the air faintly. After shaking his hand, I with drew mine and glanced down at the seat when it was offered to me. I take the offered seat and sit down, pulling the doughnut from my mouth as I nod " I see.. Umm. No I didn't know about this place until I smelt it and I would like to come back more! " I sounded like an enthusiastic child as I spoke, after speaking I turned my attention back to the two doughnuts taking a bite of each one again " Mmmmm "

Post WC: 209
Total WC: 830
OOC:
Back to top Go down
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry
Surreal SaDiablo

Female

PostSubject: Re: Mistaken Identity (Chaos)   Mistaken Identity (Chaos) EmptyTue Mar 31, 2009 3:06 am

I felt bad that I hadn't thought of grabbing a seat for Lance, but I was thankful that Chaos did. Hopefully that would make Lance more likely to be nice to him. The handshake seemed to go over well enough, no bloodshed or broken bones, so I relaxed a bit and decided to enjoy the evening. When Lance offers me a taste of his doughnuts I shake my head with a smile. "No thank you. You enjoy your treats, I still have some of mine left." Though I had less than half of mine, I was still trying to make it last as long as possible so I could savor it. "We'll certainly be coming back more. I'm thinking doughnuts might make better breakfast than pop tarts for a while. If we could make them last until breakfast of course." I wasn't really sure how to proceed with the two men now so I just focused on sipping at my coffee for the moment.
Back to top Go down
Broken
Intern
Broken

Female

PostSubject: Re: Mistaken Identity (Chaos)   Mistaken Identity (Chaos) EmptyWed Apr 01, 2009 10:27 am

"Yes, I stop by here every morning on my way to work" I commented as I sat down While Lance and Lexi weren’t looking I rubber my hand that was quite a squeeze he gave me. that coupled with the glare, was almost like he was he was angry, or challenging me, but for what I couldn’t tell. I’d just met Alexia and Him self there was no previous grudge between us and I thought I had been rather pleasant in my greeting. I decided not to dwell on it too much, he might just be an aggressive person, still there was something "off" about him. "So Alexia was just telling me you two are room mates. What do you do lance?" I asked taking another gulp of the coffee.
WC:129
Back to top Go down
яuиє
Ascended Tonberry
яuиє

Male

PostSubject: Re: Mistaken Identity (Chaos)   Mistaken Identity (Chaos) EmptyWed Apr 01, 2009 2:30 pm

Now that I was seated between the two, I glanced to Lexi as I munched away on the bit of doughnut in my mouth, enjoying it in much the same ways a child would when they get sweet things. When Lexi made mention of coming back here again I look to her with a rather happy look on my face and nod some " Mhmmmm " I murmur before turning my attention back to my two doughnuts, that was until the male.. Chaos, posed a question about what I did.. My gaze shifted back to Lexi for a moment before I looked to Chaos, taking a moment to swallow the chewed up doughnut before I spoke up " ..I work in construction. " I said before taking a nibble of the chocolate coating on one of my doughnuts, thank fully, Lexi and I had a talk about answering a question like what that, cant really say I'm a dude that goes around killing people.. well that's kind of how Lexi put it.. My version was more like going out and playing with them.. I nodded faintly " I help out on construction sites.. doing what the boss man asks me too.. " as I finished my statement, I added a second nod, turning my attention back to my treats, as I nibbled the voice spoke up in my head " Awww, trying to act human around her new friend? .. You know its funny, all the friends she has shown us are all males. Do you ever wonder if she really has any female friends? First Saito and now this.. Chaos person. I guess she really doesn't want to be exclusive to you Lancy. Mmm, but if we kill all the males we see her with things might change and she might be your female... ahahah fat chance. " As the voice faded off with a chuckle I groaned faintly, pulling away from my doughnuts.

Post WC: 325
Total WC: 1,155
OOC:
Back to top Go down
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry
Surreal SaDiablo

Female

PostSubject: Re: Mistaken Identity (Chaos)   Mistaken Identity (Chaos) EmptyWed Apr 01, 2009 4:06 pm

While Chaos was trying to engage Lance in a friendly conversation, I continue to sip at my coffee while silently praying that all goes well. I was very glad to hear Lance answer mention his construction job rather than his 'playtime' activities that almost everyone in the area had heard about on the news. I didn't like the idea of harboring a dangerous fugitive, especially not when it could land me in jail along side him. That was the reason behind the conversation on how to answer the 'what do you do' question. I could just imagine someone asking Lance that question and him answering that he howls at the moon and plays with young women. Even if they didn't make the connection to the recent murders in the commons, they could easily think the man was a pervert of some kind. Yes, the construction answer was much safer, we would have to stick with that one. As Lance goes back to his doughnuts, I look to Chaos with one eyebrow arched in interest. "What about you? What do you do?"
Back to top Go down
Broken
Intern
Broken

Female

PostSubject: Re: Mistaken Identity (Chaos)   Mistaken Identity (Chaos) EmptyWed Apr 01, 2009 5:49 pm

He was a horrible Liar but I let it slide, the goal was to create conversation not accusations. Still wondered what it was he really did, and Lexi’s expression told the same story just by her lack of involvement in the matter. There was something they weren’t telling me and that made me very curious, of course I was a stranger so I could assume that it was personal. At any rate I'’ live the subject alone, it was probably nothing. As she turned the question back on me I gave a faint smile.
"I’m a private investigator.” I answered openly, but that’s all the detail I’d go into, they didn’t seem to be going out of their ways to explain things to me, so I wouldn’t go out of mine.
WC: 131
Back to top Go down
яuиє
Ascended Tonberry
яuиє

Male

PostSubject: Re: Mistaken Identity (Chaos)   Mistaken Identity (Chaos) EmptyWed Apr 01, 2009 6:56 pm

After a moment of sitting there, groaning again, I return back to my treats, the voice having not returned for the moment. I lift my gaze from the table and glance to Lexi as she asks a question, my eyes shift to Chaos as I nibble away at the two doughnuts. When he answers, I tilt my head to the side some and look to him, he investigates things.. I wonder what he investigates.. I glanced over to Lexi before looking at her drink, pulling one of the doughnuts from my mouth and swallowing the bit of doughnut I was chewing up before I spoke up " ..Can I have some of your drink Lexi? " I asked, offering her a smile " Pretty please? " I add as I tilt my head to the side a bit more as I look to her, taking a bite of one of my doughnuts.

Post WC: 152
Total WC: 1,307
OOC:
Back to top Go down
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry
Surreal SaDiablo

Female

PostSubject: Re: Mistaken Identity (Chaos)   Mistaken Identity (Chaos) EmptyWed Apr 01, 2009 9:22 pm

A private investigator? How wonderful. Let's just hope he isn't looking into the recent attacks in this part of the city, the ones carried out by some sort of animal on the nights of the full moon. That would suck if this nice man were to figure out Lance's secret and have to become his latest victim because of it. "That sounds like an interesting line of work. How did you come about getting into it?" While I meant what I was saying, I would find his profession much more interesting were I not harboring a dangerous fugitive. While talking to Chaos, I hear Lance asking to share my coffee. Taking one final sip, I slide it over to my room mate and tell him to go ahead and have what is left.
Back to top Go down
Broken
Intern
Broken

Female

PostSubject: Re: Mistaken Identity (Chaos)   Mistaken Identity (Chaos) EmptyWed Apr 01, 2009 10:32 pm

Their reactions did settle some of my skeptic on both of them, for now. While neither seemed thrilled, I’d never met anyone who really got excited when hearing what I did. "Well, I liked police work but not necessarily the Idea of caring a gun or anything. The investigation and the puzzle solving is what I loved most, so I took some classes and started doing small jobs. Tailing people of suspicion many, anything from unfaithful wives to criminals, depending on who needs me." I explained "It’s exciting work, well for me anyway." I said as I finished of my coffee.
WC: 101
Back to top Go down
яuиє
Ascended Tonberry
яuиє

Male

PostSubject: Re: Mistaken Identity (Chaos)   Mistaken Identity (Chaos) EmptyThu Apr 02, 2009 12:03 am

I remained silent, nibbling away on my doughnuts, listening to the two until Lexi slid her cup over to me. I finished off the rest of the chocolate covered doughnut before picking up the cup and taking a sip before pulling the cup away from my lips and making a funny face " Ewww.. It's coffee.. " I said, sticking my tongue out some as I slide the cup back over to Lexi " Coffee is gross.. " I said, nibbling on the remains of my doughnut as I looked to Lexi for a moment before looking to Chaos " .. You have a funny name.. is it based on the chaos theory? ... the law that states if a butter fly flaps its wings in one place, a hurricane or something like that will happen in another place... or is it just a name you gave your self? " after I finished, I went back to my treat, finishing the rest of it off as I glanced to Lexi.

Post WC: 171
Total WC: 1,478
OOC:
Back to top Go down
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry
Surreal SaDiablo

Female

PostSubject: Re: Mistaken Identity (Chaos)   Mistaken Identity (Chaos) EmptyThu Apr 02, 2009 2:35 am

"Hmm, I guess that does sound like it could be exciting. It sure beats dealing with a basement full of files all day long." My response for Chaos is interrupted by Lance's reaction to my coffee which brought a laugh from my throat. "Well what did you think it was silly? Here. If you want a drink, go grab whatever you would like." I say to my room mate as I pull a folded bill from my pocket. I figured that he had spent all of the money I had left for him this morning on whatever he'd purchased prior to the doughnuts.
Back to top Go down
Broken
Intern
Broken

Female

PostSubject: Re: Mistaken Identity (Chaos)   Mistaken Identity (Chaos) EmptyThu Apr 02, 2009 2:46 am

I looked to Lance and shook my head with a smile, as I whipped off the coffee that had managed to fall in my direction.
"Watch it now, I wasn’t dressed for rain." I joked using the napkin to clean my arm. "And no it’s just a childhood nickname, I changed it for personal reasons" I said, giving the short version, if Alexia felt inclined I’m sure she Could tell him the full story later. As I finished whipping my arm I sighed.
"It’s getting late, I should be heading out soon," I said as I picked up my bag and stood from seat. I headed towards the door but paused a moment looking back at the two of them.
"It was fun, hopefully we’ll run into each other some time" I said, this to both, but I was looking at Alexia. She still reminded me of Vivian so much, and I did hope to see her again.
WC: 158
Back to top Go down
яuиє
Ascended Tonberry
яuиє

Male

PostSubject: Re: Mistaken Identity (Chaos)   Mistaken Identity (Chaos) EmptyThu Apr 02, 2009 3:00 am

I look to Lexi for a moment before looking at the bill she was offering me. I reach out and grab the bill as I look to Chaos when he speaks up about rain, I pause for a moment, giving him a confused look wondering what he was talking about.. " I see.. " It still sounded like a funny name to me, I pulled the bill from Lexi as I watched chaos man. When he got up I frowned faintly, he was leaving? and I was being a really good boy too.. I look to Lexi for a moment before looking back to Chaos, sniffing idly, though actually getting a good sniff of his scent for later reference.. maybe I could find him later.. I rose to my feet and looked down at Lexi for a moment " ..I'm gonna get a drink. I guess your friend had to go... " I watched her a moment longer before I turned away to get me something to drink.

Post WC: 168
Total WC: 1,646
OOC:
Back to top Go down
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry
Surreal SaDiablo

Female

PostSubject: Re: Mistaken Identity (Chaos)   Mistaken Identity (Chaos) EmptyThu Apr 02, 2009 11:29 am

When Chaos suggested that it was time to leave, I offered him a nod and smile. "Thank you for the doughnut and coffee. I hope to see you around sometime." He seemed like a nice enough guy, even if he was a private investigator, I could easily see myself considering him a friend if the chips fell right. When he headed for the door, I gave him a brief wave before Lance drew my attention back to himself. "Ok go grab your drink. Yes it would appear that he had to leave. Which I will be doing as well as soon as my doughnut is gone. Someone has to get home and start supper, I know those sweet treats didn't fill your belly." Since he hadn't finished off my coffee, I happily swallowed the last of it before popping the last bite of my devil's food doughnut into my mouth. Hmm... I wonder how Lance would feel about having teriyaki chicken for dinner.
End Rp for Lexi
Back to top Go down
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry
Surreal SaDiablo

Female

PostSubject: Re: Mistaken Identity (Chaos)   Mistaken Identity (Chaos) EmptyFri Apr 03, 2009 1:44 am

Updated Chaos
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Ascended Tonberry
aѕceпxion

Male
Number of posts : 6937
Rep! : 110

PostSubject: Re: Mistaken Identity (Chaos)   Mistaken Identity (Chaos) EmptyMon Apr 06, 2009 10:26 pm

Updated Alexis.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mistaken Identity (Chaos)   Mistaken Identity (Chaos) Empty

Back to top Go down

Mistaken Identity (Chaos)
Page 1 of 1