Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

H2H Content Site ( Mirror ) - New Content Added 11/22!

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The Price of Power...

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
KyroShiori
Respected Elder
KyroShiori

Female
Number of posts : 1359
Rep! : 7
Registration date : 2009-01-05

The Price of Power... Empty
PostSubject: The Price of Power...   The Price of Power... EmptyTue May 26, 2009 11:37 pm

I sigh as the medics scramble around me. I was simply sitting now and waiting to be discharged. I was fine. But these idiots insisted I get a full examination to be sure. I winced. Someone had seen the name Kyro and I was now being monitored as if their jobs were on the line. Looks like grandmother is spreading her tyranny once again. I growl under my breath. Well as long as my boyfriend doesn't find out about my family I'll be happy. I'm not them and nor will I ever be one of the Kyro aristocrats. My grandmother would take one look at Jyn and deem him dirt beneath her feet. I rub my temple.

"How long do they plan to keep me.." I hiss under my breath and try to remain calm. I didn't want to leave and then have them call my grandmother so the bitch could send the family hounds after my ass. No thank. Rather not deal with the bitch today. I look around and huff. I wonder where Jyn went off to.

Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Ascended Tonberry
aѕceпxion

Male
Number of posts : 6937
Rep! : 110
Registration date : 2009-01-02

PostSubject: Re: The Price of Power...   The Price of Power... EmptyTue May 26, 2009 11:50 pm

After delivering a car to his current superior, Sergeant Asei, and taking a short walk towards the borders of the taped off area, the tech savvy member of team gamma known as Kane, approaches a tan sedan that sits diagonally in the emptying parking lot. As the shorthaired brunette in glasses and tactical equipment approaches the sedan, its window rolls down displaying the upper portion of a older mustached gentleman in a collared shirt, tan casual blazer and a dark pair of aviator shades. “Hey Chief,” Officer Kane greets as he leans down slightly near the window, “that seems to be the girl that’s been seen around Sergeant Asei. On top of that, do you know who her family is?” McGrady, the man who brought Sergeant Asei into the division and worked with his father, nods from behind the sedan door and comments, “that boy found him a strange one to date.” Kane laughs modestly and nods stating, “yeah, I was surprised to see her out there on the front lines with him. It looks like she’s not a normal human. You still want to talk to her?” The older male nods to which Kane asks, “you’re not going to help us secure the area?” McGrady laughs at this and informs, “that’s what you young grunts are for.”

Moments later, two men in suits approach the medic truck where Shiori had been taken. After her question of how long they planned to keep her, they approach from the rear and interject flashing badges and stating, “this young lady is a potential witness.” Looking to Shiori, they request, “please come with us.” 271
Back to top Go down
KyroShiori
Respected Elder
KyroShiori

Female

PostSubject: Re: The Price of Power...   The Price of Power... EmptyTue May 26, 2009 11:57 pm

I'm pulled from my thoughts as I here someone speaking. I lift my head and see men in suits. My eyes narrow, studying them. I relax after a moment. Not any of the Kyro family grunts. Wait.. I pause and look at them again. Div12 then? Hold on. Did they call me a witness.

A doctor looks nervous and looks to me then the men in suits. "But.. Kyro-sa-" I cut the doctor off by pressing my sheathed blade at the back of his neck.

"Don't finish that sentence," I hiss softly and the man looks like he might piss himself in fright. I get to my feet, still a bit covered in the mess from the fight, not that I care. I hop of the bed and approach the suits with a false, sweet smile.

"Shall we then?"

-139/318
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Ascended Tonberry
aѕceпxion

Male

PostSubject: Re: The Price of Power...   The Price of Power... EmptyWed May 27, 2009 12:10 am

“It’s not good to carry weapons in public,” one of the stoic men in black comment, “you can be taken in for something like that.” He gives a motion with his head in the direction that they would walk. He leads the way moving away from the medic vehicle and the calming chaos of the current evacuation. The other male who was with him walks to her side commenting, “the vigilante types always think they’re above the law.” It was more of a statement to his partner than an attempt to communicate with Shiori, but any man who expected to make an assumption about a woman without being put in their place either thought he was man enough to do it, or was dense. In the distance would be the sedan that would be the destination. As they approach it, the front door of the car opens and McGrady stands up, placing his hands in his pocket, leaning casually against the side of the car waiting for their approach with a kind expression awaiting her as to not seem intimidating or signify trouble. 183
Back to top Go down
KyroShiori
Respected Elder
KyroShiori

Female

PostSubject: Re: The Price of Power...   The Price of Power... EmptyWed May 27, 2009 12:23 am

I snort at the man's comment. Taken in? Yeah right. No one in the Kyro family gets arrested. The family's hands are too deep in the pockets of everyone. Grandmother would rather see someone dead than have my name tarnished with a criminal record. Lucky me. Even if I don't live there.. She won't let the heiress get tarnished. Nice old bat.. Ain't she?

I flick my gaze to the other as he basically calls me a vigilante. Oh.. If I had the chance I would show him just what this 'vigilante' could do when pissed off. Bet he's never had a woman put him in his place either.

I keep my mouth shut though and follow them. Everything is still crazy and I wince at all the noise, Jigoku still restless from what had occured. I look up as we approach a sedan. I find myself straightening up, sizing up the man we are approaching. Even with that kind expression.. I wary. I grew up in a household where kind expressions are warn right before your beaten for being an insolent brat. I stop a couple of feet from the man and put my hands on my hips.

"What do you people want?" I ask bluntly, not wishing to dance around with word games.

-215/533
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Ascended Tonberry
aѕceпxion

Male

PostSubject: Re: The Price of Power...   The Price of Power... EmptyWed May 27, 2009 11:10 am

As they approach, the older gentleman seems amused at her words and smlies kindly, "we're not 'you people,' we're the police. Don't worry, it's not like you think." He pushes off of the car and stands, taking a step towards Shiori as he explains, "I just want to have a talk and get to know you." Leaving the best part for last, he informs, "you see, that knuckle head you're currently dating is my godson, meaning, I'm Asei Jyn's godfather. Since he was busy for the night, I felt it would be nice if I got a chance to meet you." 101
Back to top Go down
KyroShiori
Respected Elder
KyroShiori

Female

PostSubject: Re: The Price of Power...   The Price of Power... EmptyWed May 27, 2009 11:45 am

I watch the older man, wondering just what they want. I know I should not leapt into police business like I had. But I'm not the type of girl to just sit there and let all the action happen. Much to Yume, my room mate's, disapproval. The old man begins to speak and slowly my eyes widen and I suddenly feel like a bitch. Jyn's godfather? Lovely.

My hands slid off my hips, one hand lifting to scratch the side of my head as I bow it. "Gomen.. For being rude," I say then peer at him. "Eto.. If you wanna talk. I don't mind then. Since I like the 'knuckle head' I'm dating. I won't disrespect your wish to talk to me," I say in a bit of an embarrassed tone.

-132/665
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Ascended Tonberry
aѕceпxion

Male

PostSubject: Re: The Price of Power...   The Price of Power... EmptyWed May 27, 2009 12:35 pm

The older gentleman smiles as his head tilts to the side, assuring her, “that’s good to hear.” Since it was a bit crowded, he shoos away the black suits with a hand motion; they bow and turn, walking off to their next assignment. Motioning to the car, he offers, “let’s go for a ride. I know you’ve had a rough night with out little problem. Clean up work is no fun. Maybe I can give you a lift home.” He pauses for a moment, “unless of course, you’re waiting for Jyn to finish so you can go home with him.” 100
Back to top Go down
KyroShiori
Respected Elder
KyroShiori

Female

PostSubject: Re: The Price of Power...   The Price of Power... EmptyWed May 27, 2009 1:05 pm

He shoos the other men away and I watch them leave from the corner of my eye. I peek at Jyn's godfather again as he begins talking to me. I smile a bit. He's a nice guy it would seem. I blink as he offers to give me a lift home. I look over my shoulder at the clean up going on and sigh. I didn't want to put any pressure on Jyn. He's probably got alot too do and I would hate to add to his duties. Though the prospect of sleeping over again is quite tempting.

Bad girl. No bad thoughts about Jyn while you're talking to his godfather. I calm myself and look at the man again. "I live close by. I can walk in all honesty..." I tell him. "Also.. Jyn is busy. I don't want to be in the way of his work," I add. "But if you wanna drive around I don't mind all that much.." But then I pause, gazing at him. If he is a cop... Does he know who I am? This could be bad. I sigh a bit and cross my arms under my breasts as I look at him.

"I don't wanna be rude.. But.. I need to know. Do you who I am? I mean.. Besides the girlfriend of Jyn," I ask him. I honestly want to tell Jyn on my own about my family. I don't want someone else to do something that's my right to do.

-250/915
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Ascended Tonberry
aѕceпxion

Male

PostSubject: Re: The Price of Power...   The Price of Power... EmptyWed May 27, 2009 1:36 pm

The man nods as she asserts that she could easily walk home but accepts a casual ride. He is able to get a feel for her independence and nature. There is a pause and a question that comes before he is able to motion to the car and begin. He gives her his full attention as she asks him if he knew who she was. When the question comes, his face is serious for a moment before a grin replaces the visage and he comments, "I've had you looked up; but that's not important right now. The girlfriend of my godson is enough for now." 105
Back to top Go down
KyroShiori
Respected Elder
KyroShiori

Female

PostSubject: Re: The Price of Power...   The Price of Power... EmptyThu May 28, 2009 12:11 am

I wait for his answer to my question. He seems serious for a moment before he smiles. His answer surprises me and I feel a weight being lifted. I smile in return and bow politely to him. "Arigato. Don't see me as anything but Jyn's girlfriend.. I like that very much," I say, straightening myself and walking to the other side of the car to hop in. I pause and look over the car at the older man.

"Also.. If my.. Family has ever bothered you. I apologize for them," I say with a faint smile before climbing into the passenger side. I move my blades into my lap to sit comfortably. I'm glad this man won't tell Jyn.

Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Ascended Tonberry
aѕceпxion

Male

PostSubject: Re: The Price of Power...   The Price of Power... EmptyThu May 28, 2009 12:24 am

The man nods and watches the young lady as she moves around the car and into the passenger seat. He lowers his head and opens his own door and then crouches into the vehicle, closing the door behind him after getting in. “You’re a nice young lady, Shi-chan. You can call me Mac. My friends use it and it’s short for McGrady.” He starts the car and sighs, “except for that boyfriend of yours, who calls me McGrady or old man. I still have a long way to go with him.” After starting the car, he comments, “I’m surprised he opened up and snagged such a cute girl as yourself. Make sure to take good care of my godson.” The car moves forwards slowly as he lazily asks, “…but what made you get into the demon slaying profession?” 138
Back to top Go down
KyroShiori
Respected Elder
KyroShiori

Female

PostSubject: Re: The Price of Power...   The Price of Power... EmptyThu May 28, 2009 12:34 am

I watch him and he offers his name, calling me Shi-chan. It makes me think of what Yume calls me. I smile, only to laugh as he talks about Jyn. I quickly find myself blushing though and scratch my cheek with my pointer finger as I look out the window for a moment, laughing a bit. I then look at him and lean back in my seat as we begin away from the chaos.

"Honestly.. The truth is I hit on Jyn when he came to my job and he saved me from being knocked ot the ground by a fighting couple. I gave him my number.. And well he asked me out only a week ago after catching me killing a demon..." I pause. "Actually he saved my ass when the thing started to fly and he shot it down. I then finished it.." I close my eyes for a moment and sigh again.

"As for demon hunting.. Hate to admit it. But I look for danger..." I pat Jigoku as I say this. "I also don't like to see innocent people who don't know how to defend themselves get hurt... I was attacked by a demon when I was young. I lived because I am a hitorinji. But.. Not everyone is me. There are alot of people out there who just wanna live and the demons prey on them because they are weak. I.. Just want to help protect them from that.. Maybe.. Make up for the sins that my family commits on a day to day basis."

Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Ascended Tonberry
aѕceпxion

Male

PostSubject: Re: The Price of Power...   The Price of Power... EmptyThu May 28, 2009 12:43 am

The surroundings pass by at a leisurely driving pace as the area of chaos is left via navigating the city streets. The elderly male nods and murmur, “hmm” to her words as she speaks them. Afterwards, he speaks, “I suppose telling you that demon hunting is dangerous would be counterproductive. We generally do not promote civilians taking spirit matters into their own hands. As I’m sure you may have found out by now, we are not the regular police… Jyn might have told you this much already. How much do you know about us and about what your boyfriend does?”100
Back to top Go down
KyroShiori
Respected Elder
KyroShiori

Female

PostSubject: Re: The Price of Power...   The Price of Power... EmptyThu May 28, 2009 12:52 am

When I finish I wait for him to say something. it takes a moment before he speaks to me. I nod to his words. I look out the window and watch the scenery pass by. "I know enough from my own sources about Div12, Mac-ojisan. I know what Jyn does for the most part. As for.." I pause and peer over at him with a frown a bit. "What's this really about, Mac-ojisan? Does Div12 want something from me?" I ask. I'm always cautious. Its how I was brought up. Jigoku pulses to keep me from thinking of my life and I internally thank him for that. I sigh. "Sorry.. I know I shouldn't be suspicious. Its just.. How I am..."

Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Ascended Tonberry
aѕceпxion

Male

PostSubject: Re: The Price of Power...   The Price of Power... EmptyThu May 28, 2009 11:39 am

McGrady continues to look forwards as he drives. The street lights pass by illuminating the top of the car as it passes through the dark streets illuminating the area before it with its headlights. He takes her answer as it is given and answers her question, "the question should be, what do you want it to want from you. How effective is one person? How effective is on person who is a part of a team of people? It's just something you should think about when you're out there kill off demons and such. How long do you think you will keep up your hobby?" 105
Back to top Go down
KyroShiori
Respected Elder
KyroShiori

Female

PostSubject: Re: The Price of Power...   The Price of Power... EmptyThu May 28, 2009 1:19 pm

I let his words sink in, looking down at my lap and letting my fingers trace my blades. I don't really consider this a hobby. I like doing it. I like knowing I might be making a difference in people's lives. A postive one. I want to find an escape. A way to break away from the name that haunts me.

A flash of an old woman's face sternly looking at me.

I shake my head and sigh. What do I really want? If I tried I could work with Jyn. I lift my gaze, the street light illuminating my body with each pass we make under them. What do I want? In the long run what is it I have been searching for? A true purpose perhaps? I look over at Jyn's godfather. The man is really nice and I like him.

"I.. Don't want it to be a hobby. I want to try and make a difference. But.. I don't need recognition from the public. Just watching people go about their daily lives is all I want to see."

Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Ascended Tonberry
aѕceпxion

Male

PostSubject: Re: The Price of Power...   The Price of Power... EmptyThu May 28, 2009 1:42 pm

"And that's how it should be. You won't get recognition in this field. If you do, then that means the world has gotten too horrible. The public should never have to have what we have weighing on their conscience. It would consume the focus of society," the man narrates, "we've got to assure it never gets to that." His solemn expression brightens a bit as he says, "but, that's neither here nor there at the moment. All I'm going to ask is that you be careful. You have to realize that we have a job to do and people like you act the same as a cute girl taking a waitresses customers at an akebeko. I wouldn't want you to be caught in the middle of anything we're doing, so since you're my cute god daughter to be, I'll have to keep an eye on you, okay?" 147
Back to top Go down
KyroShiori
Respected Elder
KyroShiori

Female

PostSubject: Re: The Price of Power...   The Price of Power... EmptyThu May 28, 2009 2:10 pm

I watch him as he talks. Jyn is really lucky to have someone so caring in his life. I've never really had anyone. I mean I have Yume's family, but that can only go so far. His last sentence makes me blush brightly and smile shyly. "I wouldn't go that far. Your godson is a bit dense as you said.." I joke lightly, my smile softening. "But.. I like him that way. He's the first guy who hasn't turned away from me when he's seen me fight. No.. He helped me get cleaned up instead and smiled at me.." I giggle a bit, remembering that night. I had taken a shower and stepped out. Then... Well I ended up in his bed after that and it had been an amazing night with him. Man needed a bit more training to know all of me. But it won't take long. I sigh a bit and peer at Mac-ojisan.

"Would it make you feel better if I gave you a report on what I'm doing? You know.. I wouldn't mind being apart of Div12 in the future.. Even if I'm horrible at taking orders and working with others.."

Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Ascended Tonberry
aѕceпxion

Male

PostSubject: Re: The Price of Power...   The Price of Power... EmptyThu May 28, 2009 3:27 pm

The gentleman gives it some thought and then nods with a kind smile he assures, "okay. Since I'll be keeping my eye on you, you can me it easier on me. Us old men can't move too fast, you know." At this time his cell goes off and he excuses himself to take the call. After listening, he gives an order and says that he would be one the way. He comes back near the evacuation zone, but a little bit closer to where he house would be by coincidence. With a forelorned sigh, he apologizes, "work calls. I do hope to see more of you in the future, Shi-chan." 110
Back to top Go down
KyroShiori
Respected Elder
KyroShiori

Female

PostSubject: Re: The Price of Power...   The Price of Power... EmptyThu May 28, 2009 3:42 pm

I giggle as he calls himself an old man. Its silly of him. He doesn't look that old in all reality. I blink as his cell goes up and I catch snippits of wht is going on. We come back to the chaos and I'm a bit saddened. I liked talking with him. I smile at him then lean over the seat and give him a hug before pulling back and opening my door. I give him another bright smile.

"Just take care of my knuckle head boyfriend, Mac-ojisan," I return and wink before getting out of the car and securing my blades on my hips. I shut the door and begin to walk away like nothing happened. But I do lift my hand in a final wave of good bye to the old man.

-135/1927
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Ascended Tonberry
aѕceпxion

Male

PostSubject: Re: The Price of Power...   The Price of Power... EmptyThu May 28, 2009 3:43 pm

Ooc: My WC goes to Shiori.
Back to top Go down
KyroShiori
Respected Elder
KyroShiori

Female

PostSubject: Re: The Price of Power...   The Price of Power... EmptyThu May 28, 2009 3:47 pm

twc: 3287
Back to top Go down
ShinTre_Admin
Admin
ShinTre_Admin

Male
Number of posts : 3438
Rep! : 29
Registration date : 2008-12-02

PostSubject: Re: The Price of Power...   The Price of Power... EmptyFri May 29, 2009 10:34 am

updizzi
Back to top Go down
https://wotr.rpg-board.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Price of Power...   The Price of Power... Empty

Back to top Go down

The Price of Power...
Page 1 of 1