Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

H2H Content Site ( Mirror ) - New Content Added 11/22!

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Return of the Prince

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry
Surreal SaDiablo

Female
Number of posts : 3123
Rep! : 257
Registration date : 2009-01-03

Return of the Prince Empty
PostSubject: Return of the Prince   Return of the Prince EmptyWed Jul 01, 2009 12:10 am

Return of the Prince Lexipost
The initial transition from being an assistant office manager to settling in to the top spot for the entire corporate strategy side of the company was a bit rocky to say the least. I had expected it to be this way from the moment my brain finally accepted what Carmina said about taking over her duties on this side of the office while Psyre was gone. While I admit that the afternoon of that first day was shaky and uncertain, the next morning and each day following it were much more stable, even to the point of being promising.

I never thought I would ever find myself in a position like this, having a real office all to myself was a huge enough leap for me, but now that I had finally forced myself to accept a team working under me and all of the responsibility that goes along with this position, I was surprised to find myself acclimating so easily and even enjoying it during random moments.

It hadn't been that long since I had assumed the duties for this side of the office, just long enough for me to realize that it was a lot of work but it wasn't anything that I couldn't handle. There had only been a couple of times that I had to contact Carmina for something that I couldn't handle on my own; thankfully both of those times she had been understanding and willing to take the extra time to walk me through the process so I would be able to take care of it by myself should the need ever arise again.

The biggest difference between this position and my former one was the drastic change in clerical duties. As was explained to me, those would now fall under the tasks assigned to my team. I would be far too busy to spend countless hours combing through files, keeping up with email correspondence, and filing reports. Now I would be the one in charge of the step before the reports are filed, the one where they are gone over and checked for accuracy. On top of that would be inventory control duties which include but aren't limited to handling the invoices for all of our suppliers and vendors on a weekly basis and even meeting with them whenever necessary.

Most of that was all self explanatory as far as the new job went, as was the fact that I would be expected to meet with executives and other members of management staff to work out any problems or issues that happen to come up. This is all what I had observed in the past and what I was completely ready to embrace. However, I was not prepared for a middle aged man to enter my office dressed in the obvious uniform of someone in the maintenance department. I am embarrassed to admit it now, but at first I thought he had come to my office to fix something or to check on something. When I lifted my eyes away from the first of many reports that I would be wading through this afternoon, I fully expected to be able to look right back down after giving him permission to proceed with whatever fix it thingy he had come here to do. Boy was I mistaken. After introducing himself as Jiro, one of our maintenance service techs (which I would find out later meant that he was high enough up the ladder to be in charge of his own team and only has to answer to the supervisor and those above him), the man went on to explain to me that there was a leak of some sort somewhere on this side of the office and that he, and his ENTIRE team, would have to come in, locate the leak, and repair it... oh and this was going to have to happen right now. Deep breath, this was not the end of the world, I could handle this. Right?

Since I wouldn't be looking back down at the repots any time soon, I go ahead and push my chair away from my desk and stand up (after slipping my shoes back on under my desk so that no one would find out how often I sit there without the oppressive heels killing my delicate feet) and start for the door while questioning the man. My questioning didn't get me too far. He had not yet narrowed down the location of the leak, all he knew was that it was somewhere in the ceiling within the barriers of this side of the office. So much for all that top notch technology, it obviously doesn't do any good when there is a rogue pipe spewing gaseous or liquid particles into our airspace, but hey... we have cool light up panels beside our office doors... too bad these panels don't keep out service techs with lost leaks.

Anywho, back to the crisis at hand. Jiro and his men would divide the office and search it in teams. Three men to a room to cover three rooms at once. The problem here would be the fact that my coworkers had to evacuate the rooms while the men were poking and prodding our ceilings. Of course no one was happy about this but that's what I'm here for. I spent a total of four hours following Jiro and his team around the office, watching as he searched for this elusive leak and calming down each new set of refugees sent out into the common areas while their work areas were being taken over by the maintenance brigade.

Four hours and over two thousand ceiling tiles later, Jiro and his men climbed down from their ladders with sullen faces. They couldn't find a single leak. All of our pipes were pristine and uncompromised, there were no loose fittings or dripping joints anywhere in the whole system. I tried not to let my annoyance show, I didn't want the service tech and his team to think I was the wicked witch of PsiCoven. From what I could understand from their rapid exchange of small talk, Carmina already held that honor and I was more than happy to let her keep it. When they finally disappeared behind the closing elevator doors I glanced at the clock and shook my head dejectedly. The office would be clearing out in less than an hour but I wouldn't be joining the rest of them. I still had an entire afternoon's worth of reports to go over so I would be sticking around until my work is done. Oh well, at least this would save me from having to make nice with Lance over dinner. It was becoming harder and harder to fake it around him since finding out that I would soon be saved from the entire situation.
Back to top Go down
Psi Prince
Mystic Moogle
Psi Prince

Male
Number of posts : 2610
Rep! : 96
Registration date : 2009-03-02

PostSubject: Re: Return of the Prince   Return of the Prince EmptyWed Jul 01, 2009 1:58 am

Three days before the full moon, I return to East City... I encountered a powerful demon, held a series of battles within my own body, and managed to vanish uncomfortably for just over a week now. The first place I decide to go is home... well my last known home. I find that it is blocked off by caution and security beams. Knowing how to get into my room, I head for the fire escape on the side of the tower and quickly fly around to my window. The window has not been fixed yet, but they have plastic covering it up from the outside elements and any prying eyes that may wish to sneak a peek. Using my telekinesis, I "push" a door-sized hole thru so I can enter. Considering that I have no shoes on, I levitate across the room, but do so in a walking manner. Just in case there is surveillance in here that actually gets a positive ID on me, I don't want them seeing me flying. Moving around the room, I grab an outfit noticing that my condo is a mess. I test the water to see if it is able to get hot. It gets lukewarm at best and I shake my head. I realize that I can just shower at the office. Putting the outfit in a duffel bag hidden in a floor panel. I clear out everything of value, either monetary or sentimental, that is still here. I am relieved that all of the sensitive data that I kept stored here is still safe and secure now that I have withdrawn all of it from the floor panel. I make my rounds thru the other hidden compartments here and once everything is done, I leave the rest behind and exit thru the hole in the plastic. Floating outside of hole, my pupils turn to pure gold flames as the plastic is straightened and heat is applied to seal the plastic back together. Just like new.

I quickly make my way away from my old condo heading for my office. The Head of Compound Security is sent a message to alert him of my method of arrival. He didn't need to alert the guards as Mr. Coremanti didn't want anyone except for the Head of Security to know about my powers. The purpose of the message is to make sure that I can get onto the grounds without being shot by any of the security turrets.

Looking up at the sky, I notice the moon is almost full. As the Benefactor Venture Compound comes into view, I accelerate my speed to move as fast as I can to see if I can make it without the guards even knowing that I've passed by. Landing on the roof, I look back at the guard post and I smile. A second message is sent and the turrets reactivate as I head into the stairwell. Walking down to the fifth floor, I enter thru an escape passage that leads directly into my office. The Benefactor and Carmina had told me of its existence, but I never had reason to use it, but given my current state, I think discretion and ensuring that I am presentable would be better as not to alarm or worry anyone. That and I don't feel like dealing with the wave of "Oh my! What happened to you?" and all of that. I just want to get cleaned up because I badly need a real shower and afterwards, I'm getting something to eat. The escape hatch opens into my office closet where I forgot that I keep at least three different outfits for emergency situations. I put the duffel bag in my floor safe in the closet. Keeping the full outfit, I walk into the bathroom in my office and smile. Mr. Coremanti thought I was excessive for wanting a shower in my office bathroom.

I turn on the water and within seconds the steam starts to rise. I sigh happily as I telekinetically close the door. I don't even really notice that I use my telekinetic powers to open and close the shower door. Getting in, I take such pleasure in this shower. So hot, so relaxing, so steamy... ahhh... I glance down to see all of the dirt and grime that had built up on me with glee. I think back to the visions that I had and smirk as I realize just how useful a magic basin of cleansing liquid would be for a place like the Western Forests. So immersed am I in my shower and thoughts that I am not alerted when my office door opens. I rinse the all-natural hair cleanser out of my hair and slick it back for now. My stomach rumbles again so I decide to get out of the shower already. I get out and wrap my towel around my waist. I sniff my toothbrush like normal before actually brushing my teeth with it. The de-steaming system is activated so I can do my hair. I open the door to help with the steam dispersing. I grab my silk boxer briefs and put them on first. Next are my socks, and pants then shoes. By now, the steam is gone. I step out into my office and that is when I notice that I am not alone. A dagger rests on my throat and I sigh. The dagger flies away from my throat as does the attacker. They are suspended in the air and I see another figure moving towards me. The floating body is hurled at them as I move away quickly. "You must be very stupid to attack me here." A female voice responds slowly, "Illuminate." It was Carmina and one of our Neutralizers. My door opens and Crystal runs in next. Carmina uses the distraction to rush me, but finds herself being knocked back against the wall. The Neutralizer is tripped up and held on the ground. I look over at Crystal as Carmina tells her to run. "Did I miss something while I've been gone? Speaking of my absence, where in the hell where you two while I've been captured?!" Carmina speaks softly almost not believing that it's true, "Psyre?" I release her and the Neutralizer and look at Carmina. "Ask Crystal if I am me or some doppleganger or shapeshifter or something else of that nature. I would have thought that you of all people would know me the best, Carmina. I'm disappointed." She walks up to me slowly and touches my face slowly. She hugs me tightly and apologizes to me. Crystal tells me that they have been looking for me but something in the forest was blocking her ability to scry for me. I nod to her and sit down at my desk. "I see. Crystal, can you do me a huge favor please? Can you SOMETHING to eat. I'm starving. You, go with her."

Crystal nods and the Neutralizer leaves as well. I boot up my computer and look at Carmina. She speaks, "Are you alright, Prince? I understand if you want to release me from guarding you. I failed you." I look at her as my password is typed in telekinetically. Looking around there are actually very few reports on my desk and shake my head. "I was stupid and careless. Have the meeting for the new buildings finalized. I can't sleep here for long and my old condo looks like crap. I want the entire file set for my new outlet. Also, I'm going to put together a very fun and dangerous team of Neutralizers for this. They will work for me directly, so all of them will have a single Handler. One more thing, Carmina... I want all of them to possess the spirit of a wolyf. The full moon is coming up and I want them to play. Make sure Yuntay and Ruash are on that team. I also need my reports, so I can get back up to speed on everything that I've missed." Carmina nods and tells me that she'll bring me the files and we can work on them together in here. She leaves out and I get started on my emails. Oh wow, that's a lot...

1472 words
Back to top Go down
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry
Surreal SaDiablo

Female

PostSubject: Re: Return of the Prince   Return of the Prince EmptyWed Jul 01, 2009 3:01 am

After the service tech and his gaggle of worker bees left the office, I went around and said my goodbyes for the day to my co workers and those assigned to my team. I would be holing myself up in my office as soon as the round of goodbyes were made so I wouldn't be available when it came time for them to actually leave. As it stood right now I would be here until well after supper time so the fewer interruptions the better.

Hours pass and the city that lies on the other side of my window grows darker with each passing moment as I steadily work my way through the reports and invoices that Jiro and his guys pulled me away from earlier today. More than an hour after full darkness descends and the lights of the city come alive to twinkle invitingly, I finally begin to see a light at the end of the report tunnel. That's when the evil seed of doubt begins to gnaw at my usually rational brain. Don't laugh, I am generally a VERY reasonable and logical person, but when a maintenance service tech guy comes to me and is certain beyond doubt that there is a leak in the ceiling of my office, silly me starts to believe him and prepares for a leak to be found.

When these so called professionals spend hours searching through the area above our ceiling tiles to find this elusive leak but end up climbing down their ladders empty handed and completely out of ideas; my brain kind of shifts in to over drive and the gears start spinning to find their own conclusion. Thankfully I didn't become aware of this process until I was almost finished with the daily reports. There were only two more to go over, which shouldn't take me more than ten minutes each.

Since I was all alone in the office, at least as far as I knew I was, I didn't think me taking a peek into the ceiling to see what I could see would be such a big deal. If no one else was around then no one could find out about it. Being the small statured girl that I am, I knew crawling around in the ceiling wouldn't be a problem. If the tiles and beams could support Jiro and his stocky guys, they could surely hold up my little frame. My big problem was going to be getting up there. The guys had ladders to help them out and even with my chair and desk for me to stand on, I was still too darn short... such is the curse of being fun sized.

Alright, I'll admit that I am a total idiot for not thinking of the perfect solution to my height problem immediately, but I am still not very used to going straight to my special abilities to help out with mundane tasks. Though to be honest, I don't know if an office manager crawling around in a ceiling could be called a mundane task, it certainly wasn't in the list of expected duties Carmina gave me when she handed me the job. At some point it dawned on me, I had an incredibly handy ability at my very fingertips... or mind tips if you will... in the form of wisp. I could levitate and hover to the ceiling then crawl right up, look around for as long as I need to, and then just float back down to the floor. No harm, no foul.

So this would be the part where I prove just how much of a genius I really am. I am under the impression that ceilings are dirty and icky like any other unknown or unseen area has to be by definition so to avoid getting my very nice and expensive (well by my standards, very expensive) suit dirty, I decide that I will remove the sable jacket and ivory blouse. The skirt was already jet black so I should be safe to keep it on as long as there wouldn't be any light colored or white powders for me to crawl through. Yes I understand that levitating up to the ceiling dressed only in my skirt, undergarments, and tiny little white cami top is not the best idea in the world, but when have I ever really had those kind of ideas?

Something, I am not sure if it is intuition or just an intense need to double check everyone's work, but something tells me that Jiro and his men missed something up here. Seriously, what made them so sure there was a leak in the first place and how could whatever that was just suddenly not matter when they got up there and didn't find anything? These questions would plague me all night long if I didn't investigate so without hesitating any longer, I finally focused my mind to lift my body into the air... going slowly of course since bumping my head against the tiles would not be my idea of fun... until my head is barely an inch from the ceiling tiles.

Pushing up gently, I slide one of the two by two tiles to the side and lift myself up into the bowels of the unchartered regions above me. Okay so I know they aren't exactly unchartered since men had to run the pipes and Jiro was just up there a few hours ago but I had never been there so they were not chartered by me as of yet. I hadn't thought about grabbing a flashlight so I was forced to summon one of those small embers from the fyre magic that Yoji had taught me and use it to guide my movements.

There were pipes running parallel with all of the walls, intersecting each other at all sorts of angles. Some of the pipes had tags hanging from them that indicated whether water, gas, or drainage was running through them. Judging by the lack of raw sewage smell, I felt pretty confidant that it wasn't the drainage pipe that was leaking but that still left water and gas. I hoped that a gas leak would have a noticeable smell to it but there had been so many gas related explosions where people claimed to not have smelled anything before hand that I didn't want to take any chances.

Following the water pipes first, mainly because the gas ones sort of scared me, I crawled the length of the office one way without finding any signs of compromised pipes. Then it was time to crawl across the ceiling tiles over the conference room and start my way back to check the other lines of water pipes. Over the break room lounge kitchen thingy I finally hit pay dirt. I guess I can't call it pay dirt. There was plenty of dirt along with grease and grime but certainly no pay up here. A large elbow joint connecting two pipes of varying sizes had a fine mist of moisture spraying from the back curve of the pvc elbow. Evidently the maintenance men had only checked the seals on the joints themselves and not looked for cracks in the pvc piping itself. At any rate, the elusive leak was elusive no longer. I, Alexis Andrews, Jill of all trades can officially add leak finder to my growing list of credentials.

Feeling pretty damn proud of myself, I begin my crawl back toward my office where the final two reports were patiently waiting on my desk. Now that I had finished what the maintenance men couldn't, I would be able to sleep peacefully later tonight... after finishing my left over work, redressing myself, and heading home to enjoy a nice long hot shower. On my little Lexi the Plumber escapade, I had busied myself by humming singing to myself to keep my mind focused on the task of controlling the ball of fire so I wasn't really paying attention to the sound of my surroundings. At some point, after finding the leak and giving myself a number of mental pats on the back for my victory, I heard what could only be described as the sounds of scuffling. Since I thought I was alone in the office the sounds made my heart seize up to begin with. The only thought that allowed my heart to begin beating again was when I remembered that the cleaning crew usually came around this late. They were probably goofing off or rowdily playing around to pass the time, I know I would be if I cleaned an office building all night long. I would have to do something to keep my mind from killing itself out of sheer boredom. With my mind, and heart, now at ease with a reasonable explanation, I continue on with my careful crawling in the direction of my office.

Back to top Go down
Psi Prince
Mystic Moogle
Psi Prince

Male

PostSubject: Re: Return of the Prince   Return of the Prince EmptyWed Jul 01, 2009 3:22 am

Carmina leaves out to head over to SOC side so I busy myself with e-mails. The best part about my e-mails is that is so many of them are handled by my assistants. Most of them are asking for appointments, so I let other people deal with that. Both of them are from the Coven, so I am comforted by that. Using this method, I get through my e-mails rather quickly. By the time I finish, Crystal comes back but stops outside of my door. She hovers into my office and points to the ceiling. "Psyre, why is the new Vice President of Operations for corporate side in the ceiling?" I shrug at first still immersed in the matters on my computer. Now that I'm down with e-mails, I switch to alerts that I missed first and rescheduling those before moving over to my alerts for tomorrow. That's when I stop and look at Crystal, "What new Vice President of Operations?" Carmina walks in with the files that I requested and I look at her with an unpleased visage about me. "Why do I have a new VP in the Corporate Strategy Division? I've been gone for maybe ten DAYS, Carmina!" She looks at me and tells me that while I've been gone abruptly, she's been trying to hold everything together while trying to find me at the same time and keep clients from asking too many questions, so she tells me that she needed help. My anger starts to swell but I control enough to divert the conversation. I walk out of my office followed by both of the women. Crystal points to a spot in the ceiling again and nods to me. My left hand rises towards it and the ceiling tiles around that point would be pulled down violently and suspended in the air. All that I can think is that whoever Carmina hired is a corporate infiltrator and they are foolishly trying to bug our office. Waiting to get a good glimpse of them and trying to deal with the anger of the darkness within, I reposition the boards in the way so that I can get a good glimpse of this individual before I kill them. After I'm done with them, Carmina and I would have to... talk a bit about her decision making capabilities. Crystal remains silent in all of this still holding onto my food which is sealed in a tupperware style container.

432/1904
Back to top Go down
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry
Surreal SaDiablo

Female

PostSubject: Re: Return of the Prince   Return of the Prince EmptyWed Jul 01, 2009 3:48 am

I was almost to my office. Well not exactly almost but I was a lot closer than I had been when I found the leak. I had just started to cross the tiles over the open ceiling of the hallway... the worst part of the route... largest part with no support beams or walls to crawl over to avoid putting so much pressure on the tiles themselves.

What ran through my mind when the tiles began to apparently fall out of the ceiling was that I might not be a small as I thought. I had tried so hard not to put my full weight on any of the tiles to avoid this very.... oh damn, they aren't falling.... I am.

Since everything was happening so fast I didn't have time to analyze the events in my mind. All I knew was that tiles began to fall and then suddenly I was following suit. Dropping the tiny fire ball I had been using as a guiding light up there, I hoped it would dissipate before burning the carpet. Yes, I would think of the gold carpet while falling from the ceiling, that's just what kind of girl I am.

After dropping the fire ball, my mind shifts to activate my wisp ability but just before I do, I notice that my fall is somehow suspended. This is not good news contrary to popular belief, when you are falling from a ceiling and suddenly stop in mid air it is not a miracle but a very bad omen. In my experience, which is limited I will admit but still better than nothing, the only thing that can stop a fall are my own ability that I hadn't had a chance to activate and someone stronger controlling my movements for me. This stronger person could be anyone... and my mind tries to come up with a list of possibilities, none of which I really want to see at the moment. Whoever it is, I am sure I will find out soon enough... like when they spin me around to face them in all my half dressed glory. Why in the name of all that is holy did I have the bright idea to crawl through the ceiling with only a cami and bra to cover my top half? This isn't going to end well.

Back to top Go down
Psi Prince
Mystic Moogle
Psi Prince

Male

PostSubject: Re: Return of the Prince   Return of the Prince EmptyWed Jul 01, 2009 4:27 am

Carmina looks at me noticing that I have changed since I was gone and also grown stronger. Before it would have been much harder for me to pin her against a wall and now I was holding multiple objects in the air at once. It goes a step further as I return the tiles to their place in the ceiling and forcefully pulling this traitor to me, the small fireball is engulfed before it falls too far. Carmina tries to speak to me and I look at her and finally speak but I address her in the "Coven Tongue", "Be silent, Carmina!" Upon seeing my anger turn towards Carmina, Crystal replies, "Prince, Carmina meant no disrespect. She merely wanted to ease the burden created by your absence." At this point, my anger subsides a bit as I turn the suspended form around as my hands cross in front of my arms. Regardless of my anger, I could pass off the suspended restraint as part of the security system, but I can't exactly explain how I'm able to telekinetically suspend someone in mid air and hold them there. When the mole is turned around though, there is a swirl of confusion and anger that overtakes me. Looking at her, my eyes darken as my telekinetic hold tightens as if I'm squeezing her. While Crystal sees Alexis as a threat to her fantasy match of Carmina and I, Crystal does not want to see Alexis hurt like this. Crystal sings a "curse of exhaustion" in the Coven Tongue to try and weaken my hold... I'm starting... to feel... really fatigued.

279/2183
Back to top Go down
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry
Surreal SaDiablo

Female

PostSubject: Re: Return of the Prince   Return of the Prince EmptyWed Jul 01, 2009 4:59 am

Oh no. Was that Carmina's voice I just heard? Please don't let it be her. How am I going to explain this: 'Oh hi there, I just thought I'd crawl around up here to see if I can do the maintenance job better than the team of guys hired for that exact purpose?' Yeah that would so totally fly with her. And now there is a male voice speaking some language I don't even know... what the hell is going on? I hope I didn't piss off one of the operatives from the other side. I might not have to worry about being fired, I might just be killed first.

'Prince...' Another female voice, not Carmina's but still familiar... maybe that Crystal woman, but I can't be sure. She called him Prince... does that mean it's Psyre? Has he come home? How awful would that be? After everything he has been through lately, now he has to finally come home only to find me crawling through the ceiling half dressed when he should be resting and getting pampered and cared for.

When he finally turns me around to face the three of them I can't bear to meet his gaze so I don't notice his expression or the subtle changes in him right away. I couldn't look at Carmina or Crystal either, I just wanted to die or sink into the floor, but since Psyre wasn't letting me touch the ground that wouldn't be possible. When the squeezing began, I didn't think it would continue. At first I thought maybe he was trying to get a better hold so it got a little tighter, but once it kept tightening I couldn't deny it any longer.

Whatever had happened to him, the man holding me in his telekinetic power was not the same man I had learned to trust in the past months. Eyes wide with alarm shoot up to scan his face, searching helplessly for some glimmer of the man I knew. When none could be found my gaze fell to the floor again. I heard Crystal's chant or song thingy, in that same strange language, but I didn't really pay attention to it. I don't know the words and it would be just my luck that she would be helping this new Psyre kill me or something so why be warned ahead of time?
Back to top Go down
Psi Prince
Mystic Moogle
Psi Prince

Male

PostSubject: Re: Return of the Prince   Return of the Prince EmptyWed Jul 01, 2009 5:27 am

As the fatigue continues to settle in, I clutch at my head as it starts to hurt and I lose control of Alexis... "Alexis!" Quickly, I catch her before she hits the ground and set her down gently before the song's magic takes full effect. Carmina catches me and looks at Alexis, "Are you alright, Ms. Andrews? Come with us." Carmina telekinetically carries me back into my office and lays me down on the futon couch. Once everyone is inside, Crystal kneels at my side to tend to me. She shakes her head, "I don't understand what happened with him. Something is wrong with you, my Prince, but I will find it." Carmina tells Crystal that she needs to grab Syx so he can fix the mess that she made. Crystal closes her eyes for a moment. When she reopens them they are like pools of milk. Her dialect changes again to the Coven Tongue, which sounds magical in its word choices and archaic. "Syx, your Prince needs your help. His mind is afflicted by some darkness. Will you aid him?" Moments later, Crystal's eyes close again and an orb appears in the office growing until the psychic demon appears curled into a tucked crouch on the ground in front of her. He rises to stand just over six feet tall. With his arrival, Crystal and Carmina break into a full blown argument with one another until Syx speaks silencing both of them abruptly in the Coven Tongue, "Both of you, be silent!" He switches to "Human Tongue" realizing that Alexis can't understand Coven Tongue. "You two are acting like children. You brought me here to help so both of you are to remain quiet so that I can find out what is going on with the Prince." Syx places his hand over my forehead and begins his process.

330/2513
Back to top Go down
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry
Surreal SaDiablo

Female

PostSubject: Re: Return of the Prince   Return of the Prince EmptyWed Jul 01, 2009 5:43 pm

Wonderful, that song or chant thingy Crystal seems to be doing feels like it is weakening Psyre's hold on me... only not just the squeezing part but the part that is holding me up in the air. This would mean that when he loses his focus I will plum.... "Ahhh!!"

(Now I know that a reasonable person would activate that handy wisp ability when falling through the air like this. Such action would prevent the not so lovely outcome of landing on the carpeted floor, which is a softer landing than hard wood or tile but still isn't soft enough to prevent injury or pain. As I have mentioned once or twice before, or maybe more, I am not exactly a reasonable person. I certainly don't think rationally when suddenly falling from the height of a ceiling, so I didn't think to use wisp and hover down to safety. I was fully expecting, and even ready for the hard landing that would come.)

... Much to my surprise, the floor is not what I felt. The only impact that came was the one that happened when my body was caught in Psyre's outstretched arms. As if I wasn't already confused about this whole thing... why would he catch me if he was just trying to hurt me? That didn't make sense. Was it just my imagination or did he yell my name and actually sound concerned just before catching me?

There was no time to figure out the answers to my questions. As soon as I was set on my feet the man grabbed his head and seemed to almost collapse before Carmina stepped up to catch him. When she asks if I am alright, I can only nod to her. I don't know what to say, at the moment I am not even sure whether I am alright or not, but it is obvious that Carmina has more than enough to deal with so she shouldn't be worrying about me on top of it.

Since I was instructed to follow them I do just that. After we make it to Psyre's office and he is settled on to the couch, I move to the opposite wall and sink to the floor. Watching the next events play out in silence, I try to take it all in but end up just watching as a spectator and saving the understanding for later.

I hear that Psyre is affected by some sort of darkness, which breaks my heart to hear. I can't imagine what he had gone through in the past couple of weeks, or what those events must have done to his mind. All I can do is pull my knees to my chest, lower my head to them, and pray that this Syx person can help bring back the Psyre I know and care about. I am so caught up in this action, and in the intensity of the prayers I was silently lifting up to any higher being I could recall, that I didn't realize the male had arrived or that the conversation had shifted from the strange tongue and back into one I could understand.
Back to top Go down
Psi Prince
Mystic Moogle
Psi Prince

Male

PostSubject: Re: Return of the Prince   Return of the Prince EmptyThu Jul 02, 2009 2:55 am

Carmina and Crystal are still steaming at one another, but they both remain silent while Syx delves inside of my head. He opens his eyes abruptly and looks at Crystal. "Did you know about this beforehand?" Crystal looks at him with fear and sorrow in her eyes. She remains silent but the answer is obvious. Syx grabs her by the forehead with a solid grip on both of her temples. "Look now!" Syx dives back into my mind and Crystal's eyes open completely white again. Tears can be seen rolling down her face and Carmina forcefully extracts her mind from the link. Syx looks at me then at Carmina. "Have you any idea what she has allowed to happen? What good is your gift of sight if you are afraid to use it to save the one who has blessed in such a manner?" My voice speaks, "It is best served if the person wielding it follows orders." I try to get up and Crystal tells me to relax and not to strain myself. I smile at her and tell her that this scene looks familiar minus Syx and Alexis. Crystal giggles as I wipe away her tears. "Crystal was told not to inform me of my future as that takes all the fun out of my life and living it. As far as I'm concerned, there are still two possible futures for me. I will not allow what you fear to come to fruition. That is not a cost I am willing to pay in order to..." My attention shifts to Alexis still being in the room. "We will further discuss this matter later, Syx. Thank you for coming and I apologize if they took you away from anything." Syx bows and tells me in Coven Tongue, "For you, my Prince, anything." I nod respectfully and sit up as he walks out of my office.

Crystal helps me up when I try to sit up again. I bring my food to me before looking at Crystal and nodding while I eat. Her eyes shift to take on the golden appearance of my eyes and she speaks, "The Prince has one question for you and wishes to inform you that before you answer, you should know that I already know the true answer so there is no point in lying to him. What were you doing in the ceiling?" Carmina goes to answer for Alexis worried that the current unstable state that she can feel my mind is in may lead to irrational decision-making, but Crystal's eyes turn to her, "I told you to be silent, Carmina. I will deal with you when I am done with this. Do not test me on this." Carmina steps back and nods, "As you command, sir." She looks to Alexis and nods to her. Carmina's eyes can tell that she truly hopes that Alexis is not a spy as it would incur my wrath upon her as well as Alexis.

529/3042
Back to top Go down
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry
Surreal SaDiablo

Female

PostSubject: Re: Return of the Prince   Return of the Prince EmptyThu Jul 02, 2009 3:25 am

Still sitting against the wall with my knees pulled to my chest and my head bowed, I know that I should not be here to witness whatever it is that is going on across the room. Covering my ears helps to block out the details but the basics of the conversation, if it could really be called a conversation, were still penetrating the flesh and bone blockages. Something bad had happened to Psyre, something that might have changed him forever. I hoped this wasn't the case, I was actually beginning to trust him before he disappeared.

For a few minutes I began to think that the four of them had forgotten about me being present, but all too soon I knew that wasn't true. I didn't need the abrupt shift in Psyre's words to clue me in to the fact that he had noticed me again. I felt his gaze the instant it fell on me. If I could have gotten away with escaping through the wall at that moment I would have, but knowing the man, he would just follow me and then I would be in even more trouble.

The other man, Syx they called him, spoke again in that strange tongue and then left the office. I could almost feel all six eyes remaining in the room fall on me at once. This didn't feel like it was going to be pretty. When Crystal begins speaking, I know without yet looking up from my knees that she is addressing me. I'm not sure if it was her tone, her words themselves, or the chilly frost that seemed to fill the room with each syllable that tipped me off, all I knew for sure was that it was time to lift my head and face the music.

I expected the question, and understood that she would already know the answer. I had hoped that I wouldn't be forced to speak the answer out loud if she already knew how foolish and asinine it was, but obviously I would not be spared any embarrassment tonight. Since the question was really coming from Psyre himself, not to mention the fact that he was the one who had enough faith in me to hire me after one night, I turned my attention to him as I deliver my explanation.

Fighting back the hot tears of shame, refusing to cry in front of any of these people, I clear my throat and force the words to come. "I was looking for the leak. Jiro and his team came to the office earlier today and said that the maintenance system detected a leak somewhere in the ceiling of the corporate side of the office. So we spent four hours jostling people in and out of every room so the service techs could climb up and check all of the pipes and connections to try and find the leak. After the four hours was up, and it was almost time to call it a day, they still hadn't found the leak and were just chalking it up to a system glitch. I know I'm not the most technology savvy person in this building but since I've been working here I have come to trust the advanced systems and machines we use so I didn't feel comfortable thinking that the huge super system that we depend on for every maintenance operation in this entire building had a glitch in it that would make up a leak, especially not one on my side of the office." Jeez, here I go rambling again, these people must be getting so bored with me. Wrap it up Alexis! "I ignored the nagging sensation as long as I could, but once I got the stack of reports down to only two left, it had become too loud to ignore. That's when I got the bright idea to wisp up and take a peek for myself. I didn't think it would take longer than ten minutes to check everything out but it did. I didn't realize how cramped that space is, even for someone my size. I'm sorry, it won't happen again. I will let maintenance handle their own jobs from now on... but just for the record, I found the leak."
Back to top Go down
Psi Prince
Mystic Moogle
Psi Prince

Male

PostSubject: Re: Return of the Prince   Return of the Prince EmptyThu Jul 02, 2009 4:50 am

When Alexis gives her explanation, I can't help but chuckle as I force myself to hold back laughter so I can finish swallowing my food. I look at Crystal and shake my head. "You never cease to amaze me, Alexis. I apo..." My train of thought stops as I turn to look at Carmina. Crystal does her best to hide her emotion as she worries for Carmina now. "Did she just say her side of the office?" Carmina looks at me but says nothing. With anger in my voice, I command her, "Speak!" Carmina finds herself dropped to one knee forcefully under my gaze. Crystal tries to get me to calm down, "Prince, she has always been loyal to you. She acted in your absence as best as she could, but you left no provisions for how to proceed in your absence. How can you punish her for your mistake?" I look at Crystal and respond with my voice sharp as a blade, "She knew THAT order. Alexis was not to know about the SOC because I don't want her in danger! You are testing the extent of my caring for you, Carmina. That is not wise! What would possess you to give her complete access to Corporate Strategy's operations?" Carmina seems saddened at my words and asks for permission to end her life for disobeying me. I fall silent and Crystal looks at me, "Psyre!" My attention turns to Crystal, "I need someone I can trust as my Chief Advisor. You will serve as the new Executive Vice President of the Corporate Strategy Division of PsiCoven Strategic Solutions. You have the necessary knowledge to expand the division and help me expand the company properly. I also know that I can trust you not to violate my orders. Secure me an avenue to reach a bigger audience and finalize corporate sponsorship. Change all of the access codes to limit Alexis to only what she needs to access in order to assist you."

Crystal looks into my mind to find out the next phase of my plans for PsiCoven, "Now that I have returned, I will oversee the other two aspects of this company, Strategic Operations Corps and Security Force, which will be our own private security firm." She speaks to me telepathically, "You cannot punish her for this, Psyre. She truly is innocent in all of this and she is loyal to you. Do not throw that away. You must know something else... everything that Carmina does is done to aid you and our coven. You need to find the answer to the question that is eating away at you... how can you ensure that you do not become the monster that you have seen. I do not know what exactly you have seen, but you must find an answer. Wait a week and then seek it out. There is much for you to do this week."

With the internal discussion over, Carmina is released. "Leave me and you are not permitted to take your life. We will talk later." Carmina nods solemnly and walks out. My attention turns back to Alexis. "Is there anything else I should know?"

565/3607
Back to top Go down
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry
Surreal SaDiablo

Female

PostSubject: Re: Return of the Prince   Return of the Prince EmptyThu Jul 02, 2009 5:18 am

At first it almost seems like the Psyre I have come to know and like sitting there. A chuckle and kind words are his response to my explanation... and then everything goes pear shaped. The next words out of his mouth let me know where I had gone wrong. I hadn't meant for the line to come out like he heard it. I wasn't speaking possessively about the corporate side of the office, just commenting that I couldn't stand the thought of a possible leak happening right above my head but the fact that I alluded to knowing there was another side to the office was obviously very wrong. The second the words leave his mouth my heart drops to my toes and my lungs stop working.

Even though his wrath seems focused on Carmina for now, I still know that every harsh word he speaks is because of me. If only I had kept my mouth shut and gone for the short answer, for once in my life I might not have screwed everything up. I hadn't meant to mess this up, I never wanted Carmina to get in trouble for doing what she thought was right. I should have never accepted the offer she made, I should have told her that I wasn't competent to do the job. If I can't even keep my mouth shut when necessary then I certainly couldn't do any good in a leadership position.

It is impossible to ignore the exchange between Psyre and Carmina, well and Crystal too when she interjects on Carmina's behalf. At first I am too stunned to react properly but once I hear the woman I had once feared and now had come to respect ask for permission to end her life for something that I had contributed to I could feel my heart shatter within my chest. How did everything turn out like this? How can this not be a terrible dream that I should be waking up from at any point now?

The fact that the access codes will be changed and I will undoubtedly be returning to my former duties seems to pale in comparison to the pain and anguish Carmina is suffering. If I wasn't so afraid to face the man's wrath on my own I would at the very least apologize for causing this mess, but words fail me now, even breath fails me now. It isn't until Carmina is dismissed that I realize my cheeks are wet with silent tears. So much for refusing to cry in front of these people. I don't know when they started but based on the shards of my heart and the spiked lump in my throat, they won't be ending any time soon.

Watching Carmina leave, I wish I could say something to let her know how dreadful I feel for causing her so much pain, but nothing happens. It's almost like I am trapped within my own mind for the moment. After she leaves, Psyre's attention comes back to me. I can no longer meet his gaze so my teary eyes fall to the floor at my feet. I know I have to answer his question but I have nothing to say right now. My words have caused too much trouble already. Shaking my head, all I am able to do is choke out a raspy, 'No, Sir' in response. I am sure it is now my turn to face the executioner and pay my dues for my part in all of this for I am not innocent by any means.
Back to top Go down
Psi Prince
Mystic Moogle
Psi Prince

Male

PostSubject: Re: Return of the Prince   Return of the Prince EmptyFri Jul 03, 2009 12:15 am

I sit on the couch finishing my food and she looks at the floor like a wounded animal. I shake my head in disappointment. "This is why she cannot lead for me. She hasn't the will of a leader yet. Carmina is losing her edge, Crystal. She has no formal training to teach her how an executive is supposed to be and she is not a natural leader so I see no reason to have her serve as anything more than Operations Manager." Crystal looks at me and replies, "She has done everything she can to impress and please you. She remains here working diligently for you and your dream. This pain that you carry is distorting your vision I fear. She honors you and thinks the world of you and you will let this new inability to control your temper ruin the harmony you have established here. For what?" I look at Crystal and I think to rebut her comments, but there is nothing to say. With a flick of my wrist, a chair moves over to Alexis. The softness returns to my voice using Mystify, "Sit down, Alexis." Next, an Egyptian cotton tear cloth floats in front of her. "Dry your eyes." Crystal's words sounded like both Alexis and Carmina to me. I tell Crystal to find my new team while I speak to Alexis. She nods without question and walks over to my desk to sit down and look over the files.

I continue to use Mystify on Alexis to try and get her calm as her chair is drawn closer to me. "You may not yet understand why I have done what I have, but when you are a leader, you show no weakness. You cannot break down. You must be strong for those in a 360 radius of you must know that they can count on your strength when they need it. I did not want you promoted yet because I wanted the time to truly groom you to be a leader. Without Crystal's affinity for sight, I can see that you will make a great executive, but not right now. You lack the necessary skill sets to serve as a VP in PsiCoven and having someone underqualified running the position would reflect poorly on my decision making to outside investors and potential sponsors of PsiCoven's growth. I will monitor your progress in learning what you need, but you require inner strength most of all. You seem wounded in spirit and that will not do. If you need help overcoming something, we have specialists in numerous mental analysis fields. You have resources to overcome whatever it is that is ailing." Crystal jokingly remarks, "If only they worked on you, my dear Prince." I smirk at her, "Touche. Now back to work!" I look at Alexis and inform her, "Just know that none of this is your fault. Carmina acted beyond her capacity yet Crystal is also correct in stating that I should have left provisions for everyone to carry out in my absence. That will be corrected. I do have an assignment for you though. I need a full dossier on Prince Enterprises. I mean everything. Every creditor, every supplier, a full list of every stockholder and their percentage interests, I want to know everyone who has made an offer for the company and expert analysis of factor leading to the offer and why they failed as well as expert analysis of the changes in their stock price over the last year. I leave in one week and expect to be gone for a few days. When I return, I expect you to have that entire dossier for me. That is your sole duty until further notice. Do you hear that, Crystal?"

Crystal looks up from the files and nods to me, "Yes, I heard your irrational decree and I'm willing to wager that she accomplishes it in less than 2 weeks. You up for that bet, Prince?" I smirk and ask the terms. Crystal looks at me with a sly grin and remarks, "If Alexis can complete the task within two weeks, you will assign her to head one of the divisions of Prince Enterprises. You are planning a hostile takeover so you don't truly plan to focus too much energy on running the company once you own it, you just want to take it from them. She will have very intimate knowledge of the company and I will supervise her, but you will make her the Vice President of that Division (Boss)." I remark, "You are not allowed to do the work for her." Crystal counters, "I will prove that I do not have to." Nodding my head I inquire, "And if I should win this wager?" Crystal looks at me, "You can ask for anything from me and it is yours. More specifically, I will show you the one thing you want to know most." I look at her then at Alexis and nod to Crystal. Speaking in the Coven Tongue I respond, "Agreed." She responds in the same. Turning my attention back to Alexis, "Your future is now in your hands."

914/4521
Back to top Go down
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry
Surreal SaDiablo

Female

PostSubject: Re: Return of the Prince   Return of the Prince EmptyFri Jul 03, 2009 2:25 am

While Psyre and Crystal speak back and forth, I try to get a handle on my emotions. I couldn't afford to do this or be this way in front of Psyre, not anymore. It was wrong of me to ever think of him as a friend. This was a strictly business relationship and that is all it will ever be. The sooner I learned to accept that, the easier this would be.

I heard the words exchanged between the two, it would have been next to impossible not to. At first I wasn't sure if they were speaking about Carmina or about me. What was said was certainly true about me. Ever since Carmina had put me in the new position I knew it was a mistake. I had no business trying to lead a team of people. I was a file clerk trying to play the part of someone important. It was time to give up the ghost and accept my station in life.

Thanks to the man's crafty use of telekinesis, I feel the edge of the chair brush the backs of my knees as the order is given for me to sit down. Lowering my form into the chair, I lift my gaze from the floor. Noticing the cloth being moved toward me, I take it with an almost imperceptible nod and begin to wipe the tears from my eyes. The change in his voice was nice, as was the sense of security that came along with them, possibly due to his mystify ability that I was only beginning to test for myself. Ordinarily I would have been offended at his use of these powers against me, but at the moment I couldn't muster the energy to even care.

The next few moments are filled with Psyre's words. Words that I heard and understood, but that didn't carry much meaning any longer. The events of tonight have given me many things to consider and many questions to answer within my own heart and mind, the least of these being my future at PsiCoven. This office was not the place to analyze such things so they would wait until I was alone in my bedroom where no one could pick up on my train of thought. The part where he mentioned me being 'wounded in spirit' almost made me laugh. If he only knew. I didn't make a sound, or even allow my face to show any further emotion during the entire time he spoke. I wouldn't be utilizing his specialists, I had seen specialists before and had sworn to never go that route again. My past was my problem. Tonight's emotions would be the last outburst I ever allowed here at work. I would find a way to make sure of that.

Paying special attention to the assignment the man's hands down to me, my first thought is that I am going to be severely bored for the second week if it is all I am to do until he returns and is ready for the report on Prince Enterprises. Even compiling every scrap of information right down to the color of the company cars leased for each executive would never take me more than one week. I suppose I should go shopping for some books to read during my office time for that second week.

Crystal's faith in my abilities to gather and organize information brings a hint of a smile to my lips. As does the bet the two of them set up. A faint glimmer of my true nature threatens to show through when I almost speak up to ask what I could get if I can have the information ready and on his desk before he leaves in a week's time. That would have been too familiar of me to ask so I remain silent, only nodding to accept my task.

When the terms of the bet are set and Psyre turns back to me with the comment that my future is in my hands, I take this as my chance to escape. "I understand. Thank you, sir. If there is nothing else you require of me, I should get back to my office and gather the reports. I am guessing that you want them brought to Crystal." I figured the announcement would be made to my coworkers in the morning to inform them of my demotion. I only hoped that I would not be expected to make an appearance.
Back to top Go down
Psi Prince
Mystic Moogle
Psi Prince

Male

PostSubject: Re: Return of the Prince   Return of the Prince EmptyFri Jul 03, 2009 3:24 pm

Looking at Alexis in this meek form bothers me. I had such high hopes for her, but how can I trust her like this? Just by looking at her, she seems so afraid of me. What happened to the girl that was not only unafraid in the cemetery that night, but stood tall against zombies... zombies! Yet she seems to quiver before me. This certainly will not do. I don't even respond when she asks to go, I just get up shaking my head and Crystal looks at me then her. "Get some rest, Ms. Andrews. It's been a hectic day. We will talk in the morning. Leave the reports in your office, someone will pick them up to make room for you." With that, Alexis is excused. Once she leaves, the door is closed and the red light appears on the door panel.

Crystal lays out six files from our neutralizers and one target file. "A target? I need these members for a special team, Crystal. I want the Gomo Gang eradicated. And why are these two separate from those four?" She smiles at me as she responds, "You personally requested Ruash and your pet psychopath Yuntay. Shocker and Tranq are showing great promise and are quite loyal to you already, but them being afraid of Yuntay helps. Ruash can keep Yuntay in check. This one is worthless and his weak resolve says that he will betray you in the future if caught and worked. This one has betrayed the company already while you were gone. I have not allowed Carmina to act on it because he is useful in order to gain this one." I nod to Crystal, "He is still a target." She nods and says, "Landon Reinhart. Goes by the name Lance. He is on our list for several murders and rapes and thefts. He is possessed by the wolyf spirit. He is a certifiable psychopath. I severely hate this cretin, but he is of great value to you, Psyre. We have some Neutralizers that are willing to push the boundaries of ethics, but aside from your crazy little bitch, no one is willing to do what he is with no moral quarrel or hesitation. I know you are adamantly against rape and Ruash can help him with that. I have activated this team to capture Lance as soon as we have him located. Two gatherers have been activated to find him. Once he is found, you will be notified. The apartment room will be readied tomorrow for this. You do not have to choose now, Prince. He will be captured and brought before you. Decide then, but trust me when I tell you that Reinhart can be an extremely valuable asset for you." I nod to her and look at the files. I don't approve or condone rape as it is cowardice to me, so how can I knowingly accept such a person and a target no less into the fold. He is meant to be terminated by my notes. I point to the termination order on the holo-image of his file and she caresses my cheek with her left hand and tells me, "You are a prodigy of strategy, Psyre. I'm sure you can figure this out. Now I have to go set up my new office. You should talk to Carmina." I shake my head and tell Crystal that I should sleep. "Crystal... tell me... Alexis... can I trust her?" The True Seer looks at me and remarks, "You can and you will. Both of you have to find yourselves first. You were lost wandering spirits when you met so the false pretense that you two bonded could not last. You want to protect her and she wants to help you because you both believe in the other. She will grow stronger, Psyre, but she will not grow as you grew, she is different and she has no true idea of her capabilities... yet. For that matter though, neither do you, my Prince. Things are moving as they should be. If you ever feel as if things are spinning out of control, remember my words. Rest, my Prince. You have a long week ahead of you."

Crystal leaves out and I return to my desk to continue getting caught up. I open up a viewing orb to view Alexis... "I just don't want you to see you in pain, little one." Closing it, I get back to my work.

- EXIT RP -

803/5324 to Corporate PWC
Unlock Ability - Support: Refresh (1000/1000)
Train Ability - Support: Refresh (2500/2500)
Unlock Ability - Support: Compose (1000/1000)
824 x 1.05 = 865 exp
Back to top Go down
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry
Surreal SaDiablo

Female

PostSubject: Re: Return of the Prince   Return of the Prince EmptyFri Jul 03, 2009 4:56 pm

"Thank you, Crystal. I will make sure they are in order and ready to be picked up." The polite farewell to the woman would be all the words I can muster at the moment. The sight of Psyre rising from the couch only shaking his head cut deeper than anything else had so far. As I exited the office and began the short walk back to my own I feared that I wouldn't have to make any decisions concerning my future with PsiCoven. That apparent disappointment or disgust that Psyre showed made me wonder if he would be making that decision for me in the coming weeks.

I should have known better than to believe he would have faith in my skills or my ability to do the job asked of me. Why would a powerful man like him ever trust a lowly file clerk like I was the night we met? This whole opportunity was too good to be true from the start. My only hope now is that if it has to end, it will be quiet. Private dismissal is much easier to handle than public banishment.

Once I returned to my office, I put the missing parts of my outfit back on to make myself presentable before sinking my weary bones into the plush chair behind my desk. The reports I had been working on were still neatly stacked on the corner of my desk with the two unfinished ones open in the middle. I couldn't just close the reports and add them to the finished pile, even if I was no longer worthy to go over them. I couldn't allow myself to pass on unfinished work so I scooted my chair up to the desk edge and finished the task that I had been working on before my adventure into the bowels of the ceiling.

Even while I was trying to concentrate on finishing the last two reports my mind was running back over the events of the evening. Probably about the time Psyre opens his viewing orb to watch my actions, I would have pushed my chair back and lifted my hands to either side of my head. The events wouldn't stop replaying over and over in my mind long enough for me to concentrate so I would try and release the tension with a nice healthy 'Grrr'. Since I wasn't paying full attention to my abilities, I didn't notice anything awry until I smelled the stench of burning chlorophyll. In my moment of frustration I had somehow lashed out through pyrokinesis. The lucky bamboo plant I had treated myself with the week before just happened to be my innocent victim.

Jumping from my chair, I run around the side of the desk and grab the burning plant. Dropping it into the metal trash can with a stream of curses, I grab my half full water bottle and pour it in to put out the lingering flames. "What else can go wrong tonight?" My question falls on the deaf walls that make up my solitary confinement. Making my way back to the chair I had abandoned, I buckled down and finished off the last two reports before adding them to the large stack already taken care of. They would all be ready for whoever came to collect them between now and when I return in the morning.

Once everything was finished and straightened up, I lift the half charred bamboo plant from the trash can and slip it into the curve of one arm. It was probably beyond salvation now, but I would still take it home to see if I could nurse it back to health. As I head for the elevators to finally make my way home, I cast one last glance toward Psyre's office and silently pray that he would find it in his heart to forgive me.
Back to top Go down
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry
Surreal SaDiablo

Female

PostSubject: Re: Return of the Prince   Return of the Prince EmptyFri Jul 03, 2009 10:16 pm

Updated Psyre
Back to top Go down
ShinTre_Admin
Admin
ShinTre_Admin

Male
Number of posts : 3438
Rep! : 29
Registration date : 2008-12-02

PostSubject: Re: Return of the Prince   Return of the Prince EmptyMon Jul 13, 2009 8:34 am

updated sreally.
Back to top Go down
https://wotr.rpg-board.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Return of the Prince   Return of the Prince Empty

Back to top Go down

Return of the Prince
Page 1 of 1