Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

H2H Content Site ( Mirror ) - New Content Added 11/22!

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Aftermath of the Prince's Return

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry
Surreal SaDiablo

Female
Number of posts : 3123
Rep! : 257
Registration date : 2009-01-03

Aftermath of the Prince's Return Empty
PostSubject: Aftermath of the Prince's Return   Aftermath of the Prince's Return EmptyFri Jul 03, 2009 6:35 pm

Having finally left the office after the whole Psyre returning fiasco, I was still sporting an insanely high level of frustration and was in bad need of an outlet. Since I couldn't be sure that I wouldn't seriously try to kill Lance if he were to face off against me right now, I decided to call the one person I knew I would never want to cause permanent harm to. As I drive through the compound gates I pull my phone out and press the 3 button to speed dial Saito. I didn't really know what I would say if he answered, but there wasn't a single part of me that didn't want him to take the call.
Back to top Go down
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry
Surreal SaDiablo

Female

PostSubject: Re: Aftermath of the Prince's Return   Aftermath of the Prince's Return EmptyFri Jul 03, 2009 6:36 pm

*Saito*

Breathing out from where he sat over a bowl of ramen, Saito blinked as he felt the phone in his pocket buzz, vibrating against his thigh in a bizarre pattern that Yoji probably set and didn't actually line up with any legitimate form of music he could think of. Either way he drew it from the pocket easily and flicked it open, barely catching the LE of the name on the front before he brought it to his ear. "What's going on?" he asked easily, taking a sip of water and breathing out lightly, the cool liquid a bit sharper than he'd thought it would be.
Back to top Go down
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry
Surreal SaDiablo

Female

PostSubject: Re: Aftermath of the Prince's Return   Aftermath of the Prince's Return EmptyFri Jul 03, 2009 6:36 pm

The sound of his voice in my ear brought a smile to my lips. Calling him had been the right choice, even if he didn't go for my proposal. I already knew that just talking to him would calm me down quite a bit. "What would it take for you to ditch whatever plans you have tonight and come hang out with me?"
Back to top Go down
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry
Surreal SaDiablo

Female

PostSubject: Re: Aftermath of the Prince's Return   Aftermath of the Prince's Return EmptyFri Jul 03, 2009 6:37 pm

*Saito*

"Not much, as my plans currently consist of running around looking for demons to fight." he said dryly, nodding to the shop keep and flicking some coins his way before getting to his feet and starting off into the street proper, sliding his other hand into his pocket. "Where are you?"
Back to top Go down
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry
Surreal SaDiablo

Female

PostSubject: Re: Aftermath of the Prince's Return   Aftermath of the Prince's Return EmptyFri Jul 03, 2009 6:38 pm

"Well if you have your heart set on running around and fighting I could stand in for the icky demons." Making a left turn that would lead me out of East City and take me back to the Lower Commons, I pause before answering his question. "Right now I am on the way home from work; about forty seconds from leaving East City. Want me to swing by and pick you up?" I couldn't tell from the background noise if he was home or not so I figured I would ask before altering my current route.
Back to top Go down
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry
Surreal SaDiablo

Female

PostSubject: Re: Aftermath of the Prince's Return   Aftermath of the Prince's Return EmptyFri Jul 03, 2009 6:38 pm

*Saito*

"I'll meet you there. Out and about at the moment, but thanks for the offer." he noted easily as he altered his course, deciding to walk it, as it would bring him there roughly the same she would get there. Making his way to the corner, he clicked the street sign easily, almost amused at the novelty of taking the slow route. "Something up? You're not usually the type to get in a fighting mood, from what I thought."
Back to top Go down
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry
Surreal SaDiablo

Female

PostSubject: Re: Aftermath of the Prince's Return   Aftermath of the Prince's Return EmptyFri Jul 03, 2009 6:39 pm

"Sounds like a plan to me." I comment before falling silent for a moment to complete my merge into traffic. Once I was safely flowing with the endless stream of vehicles, I answer the question I figured he would ask eventually. "Umm... bad night at work. I just need to blow off steam and fighting with someone is the second best way to do that. I didn't think you would appreciate me calling you up and inviting you to take part in the first."
Back to top Go down
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry
Surreal SaDiablo

Female

PostSubject: Re: Aftermath of the Prince's Return   Aftermath of the Prince's Return EmptyFri Jul 03, 2009 6:39 pm

*Saito*

"Who knows." he said nebulously with a slight grin as he started to make his way across the street with the crowd, looking easily at the people around him, slightly amused at quite how fragile they really where when he thought about it, which he didn't often. People like Lexi and her were extraordinary; these civilians making their way around... it was a bit hard to not think of them as fodder, chaff between fights. Collateral damage. But the again, that might just be Yoji. "You going to use your powers this time? I've been curious."
Back to top Go down
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry
Surreal SaDiablo

Female

PostSubject: Re: Aftermath of the Prince's Return   Aftermath of the Prince's Return EmptyFri Jul 03, 2009 6:40 pm

His vaguely teasing 'who knows' catches me by surprise as I am in the middle of a somewhat illegal lane change which causes me to almost take off the bumper of the van I was cutting in front of. The blaring horn that sounds behind me is returned with a crude gesture in the rearview mirror. Once the car was under control and the goofy grin had been wiped from my face, I was ready to respond... but not to the part that rattled me, I was still too chicken to tackle that topic head on. "I might... would you like for me to use my powers? I held them back last time because I wanted to focus on defense, but since I got a personal view of what my powers can do tonight, I think there are a few I need to work on."
Back to top Go down
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry
Surreal SaDiablo

Female

PostSubject: Re: Aftermath of the Prince's Return   Aftermath of the Prince's Return EmptyFri Jul 03, 2009 6:40 pm

*Saito*

He could hear the honk through the phone and wondered idly what she was doing as she was talking to him, but didn't ask, just lumping it under the general category of driving and calling it good as he shrugged. "I could do with a bit of practice against magical opponents, so sure. Besides, after what happened before, I'd feel bad if I didn't take a bit of a beating." he noted easily as he shrugged, taking a sharp turn and spinning past someone about to bump into him, an easy shift of weight having him rolling right past them as he continued to speak. "Besides, I don't actually know all that you can do."
Back to top Go down
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry
Surreal SaDiablo

Female

PostSubject: Re: Aftermath of the Prince's Return   Aftermath of the Prince's Return EmptyFri Jul 03, 2009 6:41 pm

"I seriously doubt you will take a beating even if I do use my abilities against you. With your skills of redirection and prevention you should be able to evade just about everything I can throw at you." Another honk, shorter this time, comes from the van as I veer to the right onto the ramp for my exit. I respond with yet another crude gesture, this time displayed at my window so the driver could clearly see what I thought of his unkind farewell. "And what's wrong with you not knowing everything I can do? Can't a girl keep a few secrets for a rainy day?"
Back to top Go down
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry
Surreal SaDiablo

Female

PostSubject: Re: Aftermath of the Prince's Return   Aftermath of the Prince's Return EmptyWed Aug 12, 2009 3:23 am

"Secrets." he said with an easy laugh, shaking his head. "If you like, by all means. I've never really been the secretive type. I largely ask as it's been some time since I've really sparred with anyone with supernatural abilities that weren't just physical, and I'm afraid I might be getting rusty."
Back to top Go down
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry
Surreal SaDiablo

Female

PostSubject: Re: Aftermath of the Prince's Return   Aftermath of the Prince's Return EmptyWed Aug 12, 2009 3:24 am

"I can break some of them out for you to help chip the rust away." Coming to a stop at the top of the ramp, I wait for the light to change so I could continue on my way home. With another few minutes left of travel time I wondered if the man on the other end of the phone would actually beat me to my place despite his being on foot. "So will you be using any of your supernatural abilities on me during this little match?"
Back to top Go down
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry
Surreal SaDiablo

Female

PostSubject: Re: Aftermath of the Prince's Return   Aftermath of the Prince's Return EmptyWed Aug 12, 2009 3:24 am

"I wasn't planning on it." He laughed easily, already at the location they were meeting at, leaning back against the wall with one hand in his pocket while he spoke on the phone, watching the streets and the people passing by with moderate interest, wondering why Yoji was so silent lately. "I can't rely on Yoji all the time."
Back to top Go down
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry
Surreal SaDiablo

Female

"That's understandable, but aren't there any tricks you can pull without involving him?" As the question was asked, the light turned green and I was allowed to proceed on my way. Only one more turn to go before I would pulling into the parking garage of my building. As I propel the vehicle down the street, at a rate of speed only slightly higher than the posted limit, I am thankful that it is late enough to have traffic around here lightened. I was tired of dealing with idiot drivers, and still too charged to resist harming them should they try and start something with me. I still hadn't told Saito why tonight had been so bad at work, I hoped it wouldn't come up again, but feared that his inquisitive nature would rear its ugly head as soon as I changed my shirt and revealed the deep, rapidly darkening bruises around my midsection.

Back to top Go down
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry
Surreal SaDiablo

Female

PostSubject: Re: Aftermath of the Prince's Return   Aftermath of the Prince's Return EmptyWed Aug 12, 2009 3:25 am

"I've always a few tricks, it's just a matter of figuring out the best use for them. Besides, most of my tricks are a bit dangerous, and I wouldn't want to hurt you." he pointed out with a slight shrug as he watched her car turn into the garage, making his way after it easily enough, deciding to meet her at the door as he followed along; the thought of her workday hadn't left his mind, but he was allowing it to remain unsaid for now.

Back to top Go down
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry
Surreal SaDiablo

Female

PostSubject: Re: Aftermath of the Prince's Return   Aftermath of the Prince's Return EmptyWed Aug 12, 2009 3:25 am

"How kind of you." My voice is light and teasing but there is a note of genuine gratitude laced into it. I knew he was probably much stronger than I am so hearing that he didn't wish to harm me was comforting. "Uh oh, I hate to tell you this, but I might have to bail on you. There seems to be a very sexy man following my car into the garage, he might want to take me upstairs and make mad, passionate love to me. You wouldn't fault me for choosing that over fighting with you now would you?" The end of my playful question is timed perfectly with my shifting the car into park just after pulling into the first available space I find. By the time he would be answering, I would be opening the door to watch his approach.

Back to top Go down
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry
Surreal SaDiablo

Female

"Can't say I would." he said with a laugh as he snapped the phone closed and made his way towards her easily, calling over the slight rumbling of traffic from outside to get the message to her. "You still haven't told me why today was so bad." he pointed out, stopping a few feet away from her to give her comfortable space as he offered an easy wave. "Care to elaborate?"

Back to top Go down
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry
Surreal SaDiablo

Female

PostSubject: Re: Aftermath of the Prince's Return   Aftermath of the Prince's Return EmptyWed Aug 12, 2009 3:26 am

Stepping from the car with a bright smile for the man, I shake my head to him as I close the door behind me with a jerk of my hip. "Oh you know, the usual, boss returns from business trip to find me making a fool of myself and gets pissed off; I manage to barely keep my job by taking a demotion and accepting a huge project that has to be completed in less than two weeks." That should be enough details to let him know why I was in such a mood without having to mention Psyre using his powers on me or showing me that I have need to fear the man I work for.

Back to top Go down
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry
Surreal SaDiablo

Female

PostSubject: Re: Aftermath of the Prince's Return   Aftermath of the Prince's Return EmptyWed Aug 12, 2009 3:26 am

"Why and how were you making a fool of yourself?" he asked her with a raised eyebrow, cocking his head to the side a bit as he slid his hands into his pockets. She had seemed a little bit more irritated than that, but he didn't want to pursue it too badly for the moment, and instead decided to let it go. "I take it you'd like to head to your apartment and change first?"

Back to top Go down
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry
Surreal SaDiablo

Female

"Please, if you don't mind. My poor blouse has already been through the wringer once today. I'd like to try and salvage it if at all possible." Locking the car then engaging the alarm, I would lead the way to the stairwell and begin climbing the three flights of steps that would take me to my floor. As we walk up the stairs I decide to go ahead and tell Saito about the ceiling escapade, though not about the being subjected to Psyre's powers. "Well earlier today the maintenance workers came in saying that the system detected a leak somewhere in our ceiling. They spent four hours trying to find it and came up empty handed. It bugged me that they didn't find anything, I even had visions of a flood coming down on top of me. Once I was almost finished with the work I stayed late to do, I crawled up into the ceiling to look for the leak myself." While admitting my foolishness I refuse to look at my friend, for fear that he would laugh in my face. "I know it was stupid and that I should have let the professionals handle it but it was nagging me something awful. Anyway, I was in the ceiling when Psyre returned to the office. He thought I was snooping around or sabotaging something. It was mortifying."

Back to top Go down
Themeless
Veteran
Themeless

Male
Number of posts : 884
Rep! : 20
Registration date : 2009-08-06

PostSubject: Re: Aftermath of the Prince's Return   Aftermath of the Prince's Return EmptyThu Oct 01, 2009 11:40 pm

Updated Saito
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Ascended Tonberry
aѕceпxion

Male
Number of posts : 6937
Rep! : 110
Registration date : 2009-01-02

PostSubject: Re: Aftermath of the Prince's Return   Aftermath of the Prince's Return EmptyWed Oct 14, 2009 7:18 pm

Updated Alexis
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Aftermath of the Prince's Return   Aftermath of the Prince's Return Empty

Back to top Go down

Aftermath of the Prince's Return
Page 1 of 1