Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

H2H Content Site ( Mirror ) - New Content Added 11/22!

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Price Tag for a Princess {Kidnapped Quest}

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Psi Prince
Mystic Moogle
Psi Prince

Male
Number of posts : 2610
Rep! : 96
Registration date : 2009-03-02

Price Tag for a Princess {Kidnapped Quest} Empty
PostSubject: Price Tag for a Princess {Kidnapped Quest}   Price Tag for a Princess {Kidnapped Quest} EmptyMon Jul 05, 2010 6:38 pm

Things are progressing quite well on Mandira and the repairs to the outpost are moving along as well, so now it is time for me to stretch my legs a bit and come down to Hejar for one part relaxation and also to see if there are any tasks that I can send the boys out on. I wanted to keep them busy and actively honing their skills and martial prowess, so that in the weeks soon to come, they will be ready for the Unification. Arriving in Hejar in my typical fashion, a teleportation into an abandoned hut. I should really take Malloc up on that offer to just buy a nice room at the Desert Beetle. I figure as often as I visit, it might be a smart investment and I could come and go as I please. Meh, I think I will discuss that with him.

The walk over to the Desert Beetle is casual and leisurely. I engage those familiar with me in passing conversation and send flirtatious glances and comments to some of the maidens. A couple of them caught by their husbands or guards, but it does not matter to me. There is a possibility that I have already had her without their knowledge, so why let it bother me? I come upon the main tavern of the large village and am greeted by a scoundrel being thrown out of the bar. Unfortunately for him, he is thrown directly at me. Sidestepping to the left, I push him with my right hand and the added force of my new wynd boosted telekinetic ability, Fource. Sending him flying towards a cart next to the stables. Now I didn't mean for him to land "there" and definitely not face first, but it would serve as a very good lesson to not repeat whatever action led here. Malloc's bouncer grins at me as we clasp forearms in a manly embrace of mercenary camaraderie. He looks at me and tells me, "You have the most uncanny timing, the Boss has been asking about you today. He is in the back... with company." I smirk and inquire, "The male or female persuasion." The bouncer tells me that he is with a female. Shrugging to him, I respond, "Then I'll see myself in." The bouncer shakes his head and chuckles, but makes no move to stop me.

Coming to the kitchen, I make a pit stop to get two bottles of wine and some light food before heading to the guarded back rooms that lead to Malloc's office area. The guards let me pass and I head to Malloc's office. He listen in and yep, he's enjoying himself. I shimmer into his office and sit down on his couch while he is... preoccupied at his desk. After a minute or two, he realizes that I am here laying down on the couch like a psychiatry patient, I remark playfully, "Oh by all means, don't stop on my account." Malloc grumbles at me. I look over at the woman and smirk as she is the sister of a fair stationed noble here in Hejar. She whispers to him and slips a note into his pocket before looking at me then at Malloc. "No no, you were never here, my lady." She smiles and lifts her hood over her head as she slips out of his office.

Malloc glares at me, "Have I ever told you how horrible your timing is?" I scratch my chin and respond, "And here I thought I had excellent timing since you have been asking for me? Is it about a job? Oh and before I forget, your tastes have improved substantially." I smirk at Malloc and he glances at his whip, which is sitting on his desk. I offer him a bottle of wine as he walks around to his side of his desk and sits in his chair. He begins, "I have a job that might be of interest to you because of the sheer insanity in it. It is no secret that I harbor no love for the Caliph's Captain of the Royal Guard, Fazeem. He has been a constant bane to my operations and he has imprisoned more mercenaries than I find acceptable. So I have discovered the means to finally make a move to weaken his position and influence. That is why she was here... amongst other reasons. (We both chuckle before pouring goblets of wine and taking a sip.) Fazeem's men are directly responsible for the safety and security of the Caliph's heirs. I just managed to secure the guard rotations for the Princess. When she is on her way back to the Palace from a play that she is going to see tomorrow night." I grin at Malloc, "You want to strike the guards to make her appear vulnerable?" Malloc shakes his head and looks at with iron clad resolve, "I want you to use some of your men to kidnap her and sell her to slave traders. That will surely get Fazeem executed."

I sit up and look at him as he puts that request before me. "Malloc, you realize what you are asking, don't you? You want to kidnap a member of Hejar's royal family. You will be interrogated for information about it or worse yet, they will enforce martial law where the military locks down the village and you will have a devil of a time trying to move goods or information. If you wish to do this, I do know someone who can handle such a task. He works for me and rather enjoys getting dirty in his work. What will happen immediately after the discovery of the Princess' abduction?" Malloc responds, "They will lock down the city and start a search inside the city for her. On the following day, to avoid the Caliph's wrath, Fazeem will execute a criminal who is guilty of something else, but innocent of this crime." Nodding to him, I take another sip of my wine before smiling, "And if the Caliph received a witness that knew for a fact that the Princess had been kidnapped and was no longer within the walls of Hejar that would look bad on Fazeem, yes?"

Malloc nod with a smile full of curiosity as to what devious scheming is taking place within my mind. "Then the next move would be simple. I will meet with my operative and the scapegoat team that will be sacrificed in all of this. I will then find a commoner who could use some charity and he will be your witness. I will use my abilities to make the memory of her kidnapping extremely real as if he was right there watching them escape. You will need to find a Captain in the Royal Guard who dislikes Fazeem or merely owes you an enormous favor. They will be the one to present the witness and discredit Fazeem. It will appear as if they upholding the honor of the Royal Guard. The Caliph will be furious with Fazeem and will issue a call to arms to find his daughter and return her. At that point, you will tell them that you know some operatives who specialize in retrieval and rescue. Fazeem will have to turn to you or the Caliph will. Once we have the freedom to move, I will take a team with me and we will rescue the Princess. They get the credit, you gain the Caliph's favor and either Fazeem's or the new Commander of the Royal Guard. I will be able to create a lasting relationship and friendship between Hejar and my island to the north of Mandira. Hopefully in set up trade between our two territories. Most importantly, you will not be suspected b/c you always interact with mercenaries and other such lot and you would merely be protecting your business interests and doin what is necessary for Hejar's royal family."

Malloc looks at me and grins widely. "I'll take care of the scapegoat team, there's a pack of dogs that I would love to see executed for nearly jeopardizing one of my most frequent patrons and providers of goods and services. I can handle the slavers as well. Where do you want to meet them?" I shrug and tell him to pick a location that I have been to before, so I can guide my operative there. He nods and tells me that the old rundown outpost about a quarter day's ride southwest of Hejar that is often used by bandits and slavers. I tell him to pick somewhere outside of the outpost though as extra eyes create more problems. "The cave that is right next to it should be perfect then." We both nod to each other and I tell him that I will need to be visible for most of tomorrow night so that I am not suspected and he tells me that he has just the girl to help cover for me. With everything set, Malloc and I come up with the plan to kidnap the Princess tomorrow night while Malloc sends his agents to contact the necessary sacrifices. Once the plan is set, I vanish from sight in a shimmering column of light to return to Mandira to prepare Valkrist for what is definitely his most dangerous mission.

1635 words
Back to top Go down
Rei
Veteran
Rei

Male
Number of posts : 851
Rep! : 7
Registration date : 2009-02-03

PostSubject: Re: Price Tag for a Princess {Kidnapped Quest}   Price Tag for a Princess {Kidnapped Quest} EmptyMon Jul 05, 2010 8:51 pm

I would say nothing as I was sitting on my horse, Kurohoshi. He was a good beast, not to be a burden to me was one of his best qualities. I would look up at the night sky as I had just went into my vaspire form and was thinking about that night. truly, I might not even be in my element here. I had paused in my training, and it had been a big training. Unseen in the night, my visage would not reveal any emotion. I had been thinking for a good half hour, on what my master wanted of me. Had I returned to training useless? I would give a light sigh as I would nudge my horse into a light walk, reins held loosely. There was no point in thinking on such things anymore, I would just worry myself into an unneeded state of mind. My eyes would close as knew the land well enough that I could let my eyes close for a few minutes as the horse went forward gently. My ruby orbs would open as I came to where I would turn towards the Great Sea and would take my horse there. I thought about training a few things there, thought I knew that I should be focusing on a few more physical aspects- mostly my movements, through that ability that I would likely be using more and more. A low sigh slipped my lips as I would watch the salt filled water foam and splash onto the wet sands. Those waves had a calming effect on me, when I was just alone. On Kurohoshi, who would not say anything against it, would look with thirsty eyes at the water, but he knew not to drink from it. Salt was in high quantity in its scent. I would smell the air, pulling in the salt and blood, a smell that gave me the smell of iron from that crimson liquid that gave me strength. I would not be able to drink the blood of any workers, so I had to find random villages around the desert that had members of the family that were dying. In truth, the hunger of the vaspire wanted fresh blood, unsullied by such. But I couldn't do it, not with the way that I held my justice close to my true self. No matter the blood thirsty beast and the sexually crazed demons inside me. I did have some sense of justice, and though it may not appear that way, it was the truth. I would pat the large warhorse's neck and slip off as I looked at it and then wondered as to it's abilities. Why it had been the leader of those horses. I would smile lightly and ask the black warhorse a personal question.

"You aren't a normal horse, are you? A black horse has way too much heat in it to really survive in a desert- not to mention you were larger then your fellow beasts. Come now, Kurohoshi, reveal an ability to me. You can't simply be a horse...(I waited for a few moments and then a sigh slipped through my lips) You are not easy to get your secrets out of, just as you were hard to tame, eh?"

My eyes would be looking at the sand that was now being lapped up with the salty water. It was still a low intellect that was in what I'd heard where the Min'gyon- a name that Scar had told me about, beasts that he'd fought off in old wars that had monstrous abilities at times, abilities that I found useful in his description. He also told me he used to be a soldier of Hejar, and had been only a modest one at that. It was old wars of the past that gave him the scars, and defend that village. Hejar was our nearest neighbor of the desert, I didn't count Shima in that Shima was on an island.

But my thoughts were sliced through as the horse spat something up. It was toxic, I could already tell by the burn that sizzled in the spot, which created a hold. Acidic spit was surprising, but then poisons could also do that, depending on their potency. I would smirk lightly and then get up on the horse as I would remember that I had an order from Domen, he wanted me to head to Hejar so that I could gather miners and get some alcohol, though I wondered at the latter of the few. I would shrug it off as I would turn the horse round and set off in a galloping- training could wait for Kurohoshi was my alley, one that most others would never have guessed was a spirit-like horse. Oh well, those that didn't understand would be crushed underfoot. This would also give me the time to think. but there was no doubt for the moment. I could still be greatly useful, when using the beast as back up or as an offensive force.

Words: 843
Back to top Go down
яuиє
Ascended Tonberry
яuиє

Male
Number of posts : 3978
Rep! : 82
Registration date : 2009-01-02

PostSubject: Re: Price Tag for a Princess {Kidnapped Quest}   Price Tag for a Princess {Kidnapped Quest} EmptyMon Jul 05, 2010 11:08 pm

Price Tag for a Princess {Kidnapped Quest} Val_po10
Price Tag for a Princess

Sitting on the beach I shift my gaze across the sand for a moment before moving to the water and scanning over it for a moment as I take a moment to sit and take a break from my training. Resting my gaze upon the water I sit and watch the waves as they come up onto the beach and crash against the sand before it begins to moves back joining the rest of the sea. Lifting my gaze from the sea I glance up at the sky, scanning over it for a moment before I reach over to my side and slip my fingers around the hilt of my katana. Turning my gaze from the sky I look down to the sword at my side and glance over the blade for a moment. While looking down at the blade I reach to my side with my free hand and take a hold of the sheath in my sash and pull it out as I lift the weapon from the ground and sling it to the side to sling the sand from the blade before I bring the tip of the blade up to meet the opening in the sheath and push the blade into the sheath. Once the sword was in the sheath fully I set the weapon back down in the sand and raise to my feet before I begin to move over to where the water comes up onto the sand. Before coming to the water I sense the sudden appearance of Krodha and come to a stop, glancing over my shoulder to him, waiting a moment to see if he needed something.

Post WC: 276
Back to top Go down
Psi Prince
Mystic Moogle
Psi Prince

Male

PostSubject: Re: Price Tag for a Princess {Kidnapped Quest}   Price Tag for a Princess {Kidnapped Quest} EmptyMon Jul 05, 2010 11:59 pm

As my form materializes out of the rift in the void, I look around the area at the Great Sea and the beautiful coastline that marks the edge of my island. I figured he would be training and trying to get away from reminders of my tyrannical rule over things. Seeing as timing is of the essence right now, I approach. "Get cleaned up. You have work to do." As soon as he starts to rinse off and make himself, I would begin to go over the plan for kidnapping the Princess. I did not wish to bog him down with plans of the rescue more than telling him that I would be accompanying a team to rescue her. "Since you work for Mandira now, I am going to need you to create a disguise or talk to some of the villagers that perform theatre works at the tavern for them to aid you. This mission is extremely important and dangerous. You will need to be careful. You will have mercenaries with you, but all of them are expendable as far as I am concerned. You do not share or bond with them. You are a mercenary from Caotang who got brought in to do this job. That is all they need to know. This package is VERY precious cargo and you are to ensure that NO harm comes to her. I am starting to see value in our friendship, so don't test my resolve on this. You get her to the slavers and when I arrive, I suggest you disappear alone." I telepathically transmit image thoughts of the princess as well as the location where he will be meeting the slavers. Let me know when you are ready as I will teleport you to the location where you are supposed to meet with the other mercenaries tomorrow. I want you to walk around the theater district tonight, so you can get a good feel of the area. You will have a solid memory of the map, routes that she will be traveling and the best escape route. I will not be able to keep a very close eye on you, so be careful and be smart about this, Valkrist. Can you accomplish this?"

396/1931
Back to top Go down
Rei
Veteran
Rei

Male

PostSubject: Re: Price Tag for a Princess {Kidnapped Quest}   Price Tag for a Princess {Kidnapped Quest} EmptyTue Jul 06, 2010 9:00 am

Of course I did not want to dimish my horse's strength quickly, but the beast was great at going long periods without water, and that amazed me. I wondered why, but I would guess it was able to dig down to the ground water with it's hooves. That would be a simple answer. Shrugging off the wondering, I would look up at the darkness that was around myself. It was unlike many of my species, the darkness was not something to fear. The darkness was like an armor, one that wrapped around me and gave me strength like those possessed by nightly creatures.

"But I wonder, do I look any much like a person of nobility? Hmm..."

Yes, that was something that I was concerned with- I knew that silken robes did not make a lord or a noble. I was to be a protector of Harlem, and he its lord. So I had to practice being lordly around those in Harlem. But I had not decided on what kind of nobility I would be. Harsh, tyrannical, kind and gentle, or a mix of two or three. Well, I'd thought that the mix would be mostly appropriate, seeing as what Harlem was.

Now I also had to think about the lordly responsibility that would lead me towards a relationship between Dominance, Harlem, and Hejar. The first two were very easy- it was what would this triangle of desert territories that was questionable. I knew that we were just starting in my master's territory, working quickly and around the clock. I would smile at that thought.

"Yes, so we might have to be a little firmer, in my mater's mind, and critical of what Hejar asks of us. I hope I don't make them think that we have tons of silk."

Because I would likely be our first real representative that I knew of to Hejar. Still, asking in Hejar for miners and picking out some of the more expensive sake for my master might not lead to such a neutrality or alliance just yet. Indeed, this was more of a business venture: yes, I would not have to worry about that triangle of us just yet. It would also be imperative that I also look at Shima, the very place that Lady Kazakura came from. I would release a low sigh at that. Nobility certainly had a lot to think on.

Words: 1244
Back to top Go down
яuиє
Ascended Tonberry
яuиє

Male

PostSubject: Re: Price Tag for a Princess {Kidnapped Quest}   Price Tag for a Princess {Kidnapped Quest} EmptyTue Jul 06, 2010 8:29 pm

Price Tag for a Princess {Kidnapped Quest} CrimsonBanner
Price Tag for a Princess

He wouldn't come to the beach to just visit and perhaps enjoy the surroundings, no he would only show up when he has need of me for one of his missions, or 'work' as he is calling it. With his request to clean up I fetch my geta and slip them on before letting the water wash up onto my feet to wash the sand from them and dust the sand from my kimono, listening as he tells me what new 'work' I will be doing for him. Remaining silent I continue listening to Krodha as he fills me in on the new mission I shall be undertaking. As he shows me the images of the target as well as the location where I will meet the slavers I focus on them to make sure I can remember them for later. As he finishes, asking if I am able to accomplish the task he has given to me I give a faint nod as I turn my attention back to him, " Yes. I will be able to accomplish it. " Turning my attention away from him I look back out at the sea, " Though, their will be no need to create a guise. I have it covered. " I say and with out any warning I slip off my geta and begin to strip down, removing my kimono. Using my telekinetix I set my clothing aside on the sand before I begin to call upon one of my more unusual powers I don't use as much as the others.

Gripping my sides I let out a grown of pain and sink to my knees as I begin gasping for air. Through a strange, creepy, and extremely grotesque process I spit up another human body, the one I previously inhabiting turning into nothing more then an empty shell of what I use to look like. After a moment I begin to stern in my new form and slowly raise to my feet, now in a new body different from the one I inhabited before. Raising back to my feet I glance to Krodha as I speak, my voice supporting a different tone as well, " Will this do? "

Post WC: 369
Back to top Go down
Psi Prince
Mystic Moogle
Psi Prince

Male

PostSubject: Re: Price Tag for a Princess {Kidnapped Quest}   Price Tag for a Princess {Kidnapped Quest} EmptyTue Jul 06, 2010 9:41 pm

At first, my gaze is rather intrigued and worried about what he is doing, but as he begins to morph into something very weird, I am actually shocked and impressed when he basically spits up a body, already clothed I'm guessing, and looking slightly different. He speaks and his voice is different as well. I chuckle out loud and applaud this new ability. "Now that is impressive, Valkrist. Oh... yeah, you need a name. Kadowa will work. Remember that that is going to be your name. Alright? Are you ready, Kadowa?" If he said yes, I would touch his clothes and teleport them back to his room at the inn and after that, a column of light would engulf him. Within a matter of seconds, we would be gone from Mandira and re-emerging in Hejar. The abandoned hut is still abandoned thankfully. On the "bed" are clothes that were dropped off for the mission. "Last chance to ask questions, Kadowa. If you have none, I will leave you to begin. That scroll there should have any last minute instructions that you may need." I would wait for a moment in silence to see if he needed anything further. If there was nothing, I smile at him in his new form before telling him, "You should keep this form. It really fits the profile of assassin work or kidnapping in this case. Make sure to keep your hood raised as much as possible. Happy hunting." I had work of my own to begin.

273/2204

OOC: I'm gonna fast forward us to the next afternoon in my next post, so Rune will post next, then the day change and then we'll get back into order.
Back to top Go down
яuиє
Ascended Tonberry
яuиє

Male

PostSubject: Re: Price Tag for a Princess {Kidnapped Quest}   Price Tag for a Princess {Kidnapped Quest} EmptyTue Jul 06, 2010 10:07 pm

Price Tag for a Princess
As he speaks it seems the new form I have taken shall do for the mission, though as he gives me a new name I frown faintly, am I like a pet to him? When he asks if I am ready I give a faint nod " Yes, I am ready. ". As the column of light comes down and engulfs me I close my eyes for a moment before opening them again, finding I had been transported to a different location like before when he used his ability to teleport me. Glancing around for a moment, I glance to the bed before turning my attention back to Krodha as he speaks up. As I listen to him I turn my attention back to the things on the bed, shaking my head faintly, " No. Their are no further questions. I will take care of the mission and insure the safety of the princess. As he speaks again, instructing me on his desire for me to keep this form I glance at him once again before looking down at my body as I think about the idea of keeping this form. Turning my attention away from him I give another nod to what he has to say, still thinking on the idea of keeping this form, " Alright. I shall see you after the mission is completed. "

Post WC: 228
Back to top Go down
Psi Prince
Mystic Moogle
Psi Prince

Male

PostSubject: Re: Price Tag for a Princess {Kidnapped Quest}   Price Tag for a Princess {Kidnapped Quest} EmptyTue Jul 06, 2010 11:12 pm

And with that, I am gone and he is left alone...

I spend the night at the Desert Beetle with this new operative of Malloc. We needed to make appearance, so we drank and sang and partied together all night. At least a couple hours or so after the sun comes up, I take her upstairs to her room before walking over to mine. It is decided that since she is in Hejar on a job that I would play her cover for attending the play and she would be my cover the night should I need to assist Valkrist, well Kadowa, for the next couple of days. The one thing about being a spirit is that I don't actually need to sleep, but it is better to keep up the appearance of being one of the mortals, so I retire to my room to meditate.

A few hours later, a group of mercenaries roll into the Desert Beetle and they seem to just preen when they arrive. They bully a group of patrons out of their table and laugh about it. The Bouncer thinks to do something, but he changes his mind and just laughs it off. He already knew that he wouldn't have to be bothered with them for much longer. An agent arrives about thirty minutes or so later to meet with them. They talk and the agent hands them some info before getting up and walking off. The six man mercenary crew gets up without paying for their drinks and at this point, the Bouncer is going to stop but I look down from the catwalk balcony in front of my room. He just grin at him and they walk out acting like they run things. That was quite alright. I retrieve a small coin pouch from my room before tossing it and telekinetically guiding it onto the barmaid's serving tray. She looks around and by the time she looks upstairs, my door is closing back.

At the theater, the actors and stagehands are preparing for the big performance tonight. The theater house staff is on frantic mode as they are triple cleaning everything, double checking that every painting is properly visible and security is checking over the internal routes. Wine is brought in, food from all over is being prepared. Aroma lamps and oils are placed around the theater so that the entire atmosphere matches the setting of the play.

At the Princess' private villa, she is in wonderful spirits, tho she seems to be bothered by the promise of an arranged marriage and apparently she is going to be courted by him tonight at the play. Her guards are on high alert since she is going to be in public at a major event. Everyone seems to be busy with checking their weapons and making sure that they have ammo and their armor is polished and without need of repair. They would need to look good tonight. All eyes would be on them during the play.

The mercenary crew arrives at the hut and walks in still thinking that they are hot shit. They look around to see if the other operative who is supposed to be in on this was around.

The second agent is meeting with the slavers regarding the trade that would be set for late tomorrow morning or early tomorrow afternoon, depending on how difficult it is to escape. The slavers are either somewhat reluctant to accept the terms or trying to stall out for even more favorable terms. The agent knows that Malloc is not a fan of supplying slavers, so the agent gives a little and that is all that is needed. They haggled the deal down 15% from the original offering price which is to be paid upon receipt. The agent gives the slavers a small map with an x on the meeting location and nothing else. Just in case they tried to betray him. Everything seems to be moving along accordingly.

687/2891
Back to top Go down
Rei
Veteran
Rei

Male

PostSubject: Re: Price Tag for a Princess {Kidnapped Quest}   Price Tag for a Princess {Kidnapped Quest} EmptyTue Jul 06, 2010 11:25 pm

Price Tag for a Princess {Kidnapped Quest} Reirei_01
It did not take me long to reach Hejar, the city that my lord wished to take from. Or get peacefully, but at the time, I sorely doubted that. Tonight I would be letting my horse rest. I would ride cautiously around, careful not to trample anyone under the impressivly sized horse. A warhorse, but also something more. But what point was there in worry about it? Well, I wouldn't be worried, but if anyone were to stand against the horse, it might put up more of a fight then it is worth to try and kill it.

In any case, I was looking for a lodging. It would be a day, or rather night, with destiny as I would arrive at a place called the Desert Beetle. It hadn't been all that long with Shima, and I knew the bar going type from my own destroyed village. But first I had to put Kurohoshi away so that I could actually get my tasks complete. The first was to get a room, and then to have a quick meal. I would get feed and water for my horse as well, so that he would recover as he slept, if he did. Sometimes I wasn't sure.

With a stable there, I would talk with the attendant and give him some coin, as I had also asked him about the location of miners that were looking for work. I would give him the reins and instruct him on the type of food- the horse seemed a bit 'wild' still, but he was doing fine.

I would then slip into the bar, using stealth to avoid any fights, but otherwise I strode to the bar, where the keeper would likely be. I would look for him, intent on seeing if he had any rooms free.
Price Tag for a Princess {Kidnapped Quest} Reirei_03
Back to top Go down
яuиє
Ascended Tonberry
яuиє

Male

PostSubject: Re: Price Tag for a Princess {Kidnapped Quest}   Price Tag for a Princess {Kidnapped Quest} EmptyWed Jul 07, 2010 12:13 am

Price Tag for a Princess
With the fall of night I set out, heading to the village to do some searching and reconnaissance on the area so I would be prepared when the time comes to kidnap the princess. Moving into the village I pull the hood up over my head so it would cast a shadow on my face to help hide it, the thing I needed most is to remain hidden and inconspicuous. Moving at a slow and steady pace I shift my gaze from side to side scanning the area taking note of the placement of things and the types of buildings as well as any guards since they will cause the most problem. " Kadowa... " I softly murmur to myself while scanning the streets, " What kind of name is that... it sounds like his name. " I add with a light grumble as I move from a street and slip into the side alley and begin to move through the shadows of the ally. Moving through the back allies I take not of passage ways connecting streets and nooks that could be used to hide in or evade any would be pursuers. Shifting from looking at possible escape routs and routs to take I make my way through the back allies to the theater where the princess will be at. From the darkness of the alley I scan over the front of the building, shifting my gaze from the front door to the windows and the rest of the features. Turning away I move across the street and to the theater and make my way around the building inspecting the rest of the building.

After inspecting the rest of the building I turn my attention away from it and glance up at the night sky, letting out a soft sigh. " I believe that should be enough. Everything should be fine as long as nothing goes wrong.. " Silently I chuckle at the thought, their is no telling what could go wrong, any number of things unfortunately, though with any luck I can get through this mission with out things going horribly wrong. Feeling that I have done enough reconnaissance of the city I decide to head back to the hut where I had been teleported too earlier. Making my way through the village back to the point I had came in at I again scan the area taking in everything before finally leaving the village and making my way back to the hut. Making my way to the hut I push open the door and step inside before coming to as top as my gaze falls upon a group of people that were not in the hut when I left it earlier. Glancing around I reach down to the sword at my side as my gaze shifts into a soft glare as I look at the men, " Who are you? " I inquire as I look at them, pausing a moment before taking action. Krodha had said I would be working with others on this mission, could this be the ones he spoke of.

Post WC: 516
Back to top Go down
Psi Prince
Mystic Moogle
Psi Prince

Male

PostSubject: Re: Price Tag for a Princess {Kidnapped Quest}   Price Tag for a Princess {Kidnapped Quest} EmptyWed Jul 07, 2010 12:33 am

@ Abandoned Hut

The mercs reach for weapons and look at the newcomer. They respond with the same question. They ask who he is and one of them looks at him and says, "I thought he'd be bigger." The big mouth of the merc crew sizes Kadowa up and says, "You the guy?"

~~~~~~
@ Desert Beetle

The Bouncer would be the first person that Rei would encounter looking like they are in charge. He looks at him and smiles, "Welcome to the Desert Beetle, the finest tavern of all of the southwest. We have everything you need to enjoy Hejar. So what will it be?"

Malloc emerges from the back area with his infamous whip on his hip ready to start the late afternoon and evening rush of business. The day time is slow, so his main bouncer oversees and practically runs the tavern during the day. Now that he is out and about, Malloc makes his rounds to greet a lot of the regulars and welcome some of the new faces. Malloc made it his business to know why everyone is here and what they really wanted. It is more often than not that people come here looking for information, work, or goods of a shadier history.

I hear a light rap at my door. I exit my meditation and having found no deep clarity in this one, I freely release myself from the meditation and rise to my feet. I open the door and it is the female operative, Tessa. "Why good morning, beautiful." She smiles and thanks me for putting her in her room last night. I nod to her. I tell her that I have a surprise for her later and tells me that she already got it. I look down into the bar at Malloc who smiles at me and nods. I smirk and inquire, "And do you like it?" She nods and tells me that it has everything that she needs. I smile outwardly while I internally wonder what all did Malloc get her. I just asked him to secure a dress for her. She and I look over the bar with interest as I look down at Rei. Sniffing the air, I speak internally, "A half breed. Here... interesting." My senses pointed him out easily.

402/3293
Back to top Go down
яuиє
Ascended Tonberry
яuиє

Male

PostSubject: Re: Price Tag for a Princess {Kidnapped Quest}   Price Tag for a Princess {Kidnapped Quest} EmptyWed Jul 07, 2010 12:53 am

Price Tag for a Princess {Kidnapped Quest} Kadowa-1
Price Tag for a Princess
At first as they go for their weapons I begin to expect a fight though with my capabilities I knew I could deal with all of them easily. As they respond with questions first rather then brute force I begin to relax some. When the one makes the comment about my stature I frown, glancing at him for a moment as I think on the idea of killing him right now. As the other speaks I glance at him and give a faint nod, " Yes. I am the one you seek. I am Kadowa from Caotang, a mercenary that was hired to help with this job. I guess that makes you the ones I am to work with. " I glance between each of the men, sizing them up as the one with the big mouth had done to me. Krodha said they are expendable so what is the reason they are joining me for.. did he have something planed for them?

Post WC: 163
Back to top Go down
Psi Prince
Mystic Moogle
Psi Prince

Male

PostSubject: Re: Price Tag for a Princess {Kidnapped Quest}   Price Tag for a Princess {Kidnapped Quest} EmptyWed Jul 07, 2010 2:56 am

@ Abandoned Hut

They chuckle and ease off their weapons. "So are you ready to do this or what, Kadowa?! So this chick is supposed to be like some rich broad or some noble's daughter, whatever. I don't give a damn, the pay for this job is incredible." The mercs all nod and laugh to eat other while they toss some jerky over towards Kadowa. One of the mercs looks at Kadowa as if he is trying to remember him from somewhere. After a moment, he shakes it off and goes back to preparing their pre-op meal. The quiet leader of the group finishes setting up his model of the theater house and terrain along the path that she will be taking tonight after the show. He has what looks like an assortment of little figurines and toys set up. "Gather around so you can see this. Let's go over how this is gonna go down."

165 WC to Valkrist
Back to top Go down
Rei
Veteran
Rei

Male

PostSubject: Re: Price Tag for a Princess {Kidnapped Quest}   Price Tag for a Princess {Kidnapped Quest} EmptyWed Jul 07, 2010 3:09 pm

I would meet with a familiar figure from most bars, the Bouncer. I would give him a polite smile, though I'm sure he was most unused to such things. He spoke highly of this place, and I could tell why. I would walk within a few meters of him, just so that in case I needed to get defensive, then I could. Not that I felt the need, but just in case. Best to be cautious in a foreign city.

"I'll need a room for the day, sir. I have a horse outside, so I'll need feed and water for him- he's the large black one. And I'll want to see the room first, then a meal. Anything you think is good, I'll agree. I've heard that Hejar food is the best in the desert."

I would nod as I took notice of the one known as Mollac, though I'd yet to catch his name. I also noticed the whip on him- I wondered why he had it. Then again, one may question me as well- dressed in exspensive looking black silk, the yukata's only other color was a dark blue obi, which held a few weapons to my waist. A katana, on my right hip. On my left, my long sword and wakizashi, all three weapons in sheaths. I also had, on me, a naginata that was strapped to my back, though it had no sheath over the cursed blade. Some said it was the swiftest two handed weapon in the land, for humans. And lastly was tora twine, hidden inside the silken yukata. My host of weapons did not seem to scare the man- I assumed that he had great skill, or was overconfident not to ask about all the steel on my person.

Words: 1842
Back to top Go down
яuиє
Ascended Tonberry
яuиє

Male

PostSubject: Re: Price Tag for a Princess {Kidnapped Quest}   Price Tag for a Princess {Kidnapped Quest} EmptyWed Jul 07, 2010 5:51 pm

Price Tag for a Princess
Shifting my gaze, I look to the one speaking to me and give a nod as he asks if I am ready to do 'this'. I give another nod as he brings up the mission and the pay, since I needed to give off the persona of a mercenary, money would be the top most priority on the list, that and staying alive, though that was already assured. As the jerky was tossed to me I reach out and catch it before reaching up to pull down the mask covering the bottom half of my face. After pulling the mask down I slip a piece of jerky into my mouth and begin to chew it up. As another calls out to the group I turn my attention to him and glance down at the model he has set up as I move over to it. Glancing over the model for a moment I recall the images of the village when I went and did some recon earlier.

Post WC: 167
Back to top Go down
Psi Prince
Mystic Moogle
Psi Prince

Male

PostSubject: Re: Price Tag for a Princess {Kidnapped Quest}   Price Tag for a Princess {Kidnapped Quest} EmptyThu Jul 08, 2010 7:54 am

@ Abandoned Hut

The crew leader grabs a stick and starts going over the plan and telling people where they are going to be stationed. He assigns all of his guys and tells them, "They will exit from this side of the theater since the commotion will force them that way, plus our inside contact is supposed to help channel her our way. Once she is in her carriage, she will be alone. Our contact will send her off and that's when she'll be most vulnerable b/c most of her guards will be inside trying to deal with the other security problems taking place. The most direct route to the noble quarter is to go this way up the street and then turn left up here. When the carriage reaches this point here, we will ambush them. Since the carriage won't be moving that fast, we can use spears to jam the wheels without damaging them. We attack, eliminate the guards, and grab the daughter. There will be a wagon nearby, which we will use to escape thru the gate. They won't be on alert, so we will be able to pass straight thru the gate unhindered. Everyone got it?" The mercs all nod and the "cook" inquires, "Hey Kadowa, what's your specialty? That way, we can play to your strengths and covers your weaknesses."

~~~~~~~~~~~
@ Desert Beetle

Tessa notices that something had caught my attention and also managed to catch the attention of several of the other patrons in the Beetle as well. The Bouncer looks at them and scowls. "It is too damn early, sit down or get out." He snaps his finger at the female bartender and she tosses him a wooden placard. The bouncer's solid voice calls out, "Runt!" A young, teenage boy, no more than 14 years old, dashes out and the bouncer tells the boy to go see to the large black horse in the stable that just arrived. Feed it, brush it, give it work, check its shoes and all that. Go be useful." He turns back to Rei and shakes his head, "You want to see the room, you pay for it. This is the Desert Beetle. As you can see, this is the place you want to be. As for food, you better talk to a barmaid. I don't take or place orders, I just bust heads here. Oh, but if you need a wench or something for the night, let me know and I'll take care of you... for a fee of course" The Bouncer grins at him and if Rei has paid by now, the Bouncer tells him, "Upstairs, fifth room to the right."

Malloc looks at me then at Tessa and I smirk, "I think he wants to see us." Tessa grins and shakes her head. "That's not what he wants. I guess we aren't playing our roles properly." I grin and call down to one of the barmaids, "Lovely, two goblets of eight year red wine. If she's dragging me to this play then I would like to have at least a decent smile going in." She smirks as she steps up to me and I grin at her. Pulling her in, I give her a kiss and some of the onlooking males grin and cheer for the "first kiss" of the night. Tossing down a pouch of Shinny to the Bouncer. "Hey fellas... start drinking! Tonight is gonna be a good night!" They cheer again at the sight and sound of free drinks. Malloc looks at me and shakes his head with a smile.

632/3925
Back to top Go down
Rei
Veteran
Rei

Male

PostSubject: Re: Price Tag for a Princess {Kidnapped Quest}   Price Tag for a Princess {Kidnapped Quest} EmptyThu Jul 08, 2010 12:14 pm

My head would merely nod- insults or anything like them meant nothing to me, and that in its self would show. No upset look, no teenager outrage, or stomping of feet. I would pull out my pouch that held my money from inside my yukata and handed over the money for the use of the stables and the room its self. I would give him a light smile at his last offer- Harlem was a place of that, I'd no need of any Hejar wenches. None the less, I had at least look interested in the offer. And then the man was thrown some money and proclaimed drinks. A low chuckle slipped my lips as I nodded.

"Thanks. It's my first time here, so I didn't know your job. Bouncer, I'm guessing- you look correct for the job."

I had spoken in an undertone, since I'd rather not anyone hear me. Nodding once, I would turn an stride to the stairs, not in an arrogant manner, but with a purposeful one. I didn't have a real need for arrogance in this place, filled with drunks and barmaids and the like. I would, once at the stairs, take a quick look over at the silver haired male that had tossed the shinny- I recalled his earlier words to the barmaid. when I reached parallel with him, a mutter slipped my lips.

"I wish I could see the play- only the Lord Dragon knows how long its been since I've seen one."

And it had been years, not since I was fourteen or so. Because once at that age, my life had been entangled in male duties- helping with building huts and homes, fishing, hunting, all of that kind of things. The village had been a simple one, but our plays were a great sight. Oh well, I believed that it wouldn't be possible to see it at this point. I was sure that Hejar tickets sold quickly.

Words: 2,168
Back to top Go down
яuиє
Ascended Tonberry
яuиє

Male

PostSubject: Re: Price Tag for a Princess {Kidnapped Quest}   Price Tag for a Princess {Kidnapped Quest} EmptyThu Jul 08, 2010 9:02 pm

Price Tag for a Princess
Slipping another piece of jerky into my mouth I begin to chew it up as I listen to the leader of the mercenaries as he begins to go over the plan for kidnapping the princess. Shifting my gaze over the model he had constructed I continue to listen while he explains his plan for the kidnapping. While listening I finish the price of jerky and slip another piece into my mouth and begin to chew it up as I begin to form my own plan to get her incase these mercenaries mess things up while getting her. Though I didn't know what they are capable of I knew what I could do and how I could get the princess and escape the city with out being detected, though in the end I may end up leaving the mercenaries behind. As the leader finishes giving the layout of the mission and how he plans it to go down I give a faint nod, achnologing what he had to say. Upon hearing the cook speak to me I shift my attention away from the model and to the cook, remaining silent for a moment as I take the time to think on what he had asked of me before finally speaking up, " My speciality? .. I try not to be special in one spacific thing. I try to be good at everything that way, should something happen, I will have the capability to handle whatever happens. Though, I guess if I had to say the one thing I am more skilled at, it would have to be stealth. " I answer before turning my gaze away from the cook and back to the model, " .. I make sure the mission gets done no matter the cost. " I add as I scan over the model once again.

Post WC: 307
Back to top Go down
Psi Prince
Mystic Moogle
Psi Prince

Male

PostSubject: Re: Price Tag for a Princess {Kidnapped Quest}   Price Tag for a Princess {Kidnapped Quest} EmptyThu Jul 08, 2010 10:35 pm

@Desert Beetle

The bouncer simply smiles and nods. When the young walking weapon case makes his way up the stairs, Tessa tells me that it would be best to get cleaned up and ready for the play. I smirk at her before I hear the boy's words. "Hmm? You want to see the play? I wish I could send you in my place. You should go get situated and then talk to Malloc. He might be able to help you out." I smile at him and nod as I am pulled by Tessa towards her room. I glance down at Malloc and speak telepathically, "The boy wishes to attend the play tonight. Do you have a ticket that you could spare for him? If something goes wrong, I will use him as our scapegoat for all of tonight's events." I grin at Malloc, which given the circumstances would seem to be directed towards the deed that is assumed to be getting ready to take place. Malloc walks back to his office and would be returning shortly.

Inside the room, Tessa and I sit down to go over the plan for tonight. She needed to make sure that everything is ready and also needed to let me know where she was going to be so if things went awry, I could come help her out.

235/4160

Last edited by Psi Prince on Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Psi Prince
Mystic Moogle
Psi Prince

Male

PostSubject: Re: Price Tag for a Princess {Kidnapped Quest}   Price Tag for a Princess {Kidnapped Quest} EmptyThu Jul 08, 2010 10:45 pm

@ Abandoned Hut

The mercs nod and the leader rubs his chin before disassembling the model into its pieces and puts it back in his bag. "Alright boys, let's suit up for this. The play begins soon, so we will want to get into position and find something to do there. Whatever it is, don't cause a scene and draw attention to yourself." They all nod and grab their easy to conceal weapons since they would be hiding in plain sight. They change into putting light armor since their regular battle armor would attract unwanted attention. Once everyone is ready, they sit down to eat their last meal before the mission and the hut is fairly silent as everyone seem to get into their mental zone to ready themselves for any possible events that are to come. They also go over the plans in their head. They hide their packs and stuff in their respective, claimed sleeping areas. It was almost time to head over. They wanted to leave when the play is starting, so that they wouldn't be in their positions for too long, b/c they didn't want patrols to notice them still being the area.

206 to Valkrist
Back to top Go down
Rei
Veteran
Rei

Male

PostSubject: Re: Price Tag for a Princess {Kidnapped Quest}   Price Tag for a Princess {Kidnapped Quest} EmptyThu Jul 08, 2010 11:02 pm

My mutter was heard, and there was an offer that I go in the place of the male. I would raise my eyebrow in my head- why give it to a young man you've never seen before? But I would only give him a light smile at the thought of it, at least to him it would appear that way.

"Now, now. The young miss seems very attached to you, and likely wants to see the play with you my friend. But I may look for this Malloc."

the cost of the ticket, though, was what was concerning me the most. These off the box office tickets could have ridiculous prices. I would shake my head when I was out of sight and entered my room to set my weapons in hidden places. After all, I didn't want anyone to get at them while I was out. I would keep two weapons, though. My long sword stayed on my hip, and the twine remained within my yukata.

I would slip out of the room and adjust myself and walk back down into the bar area. I would rather get this unpleasant business with the tickets over with quickly. I could not see the man that I thought was Malloc- the one I'd seen wandering the bar with the whip.

Words: 2,387
Back to top Go down
яuиє
Ascended Tonberry
яuиє

Male

PostSubject: Re: Price Tag for a Princess {Kidnapped Quest}   Price Tag for a Princess {Kidnapped Quest} EmptyThu Jul 08, 2010 11:08 pm

Price Tag for a Princess
As the model begins to get disassembled I turn my gaze away, glancing around for a moment at the mercenaries with me. When the leader speaks I glance at him, nodding faintly before I turn my gaze away, looking to the others as they begin to get ready. Watching the others as they get ready, I pause for a moment before coming to the realization that I had left my weapon behind. Shaking my head faintly I knew I didn't really need a weapon, not for this mission, not when I have unique powers I can call upon to aid me in battle. While they get ready I glance between them as they take care of there weapons and put on different sets of armor for the mission. Once they finish putting on there armor I join them at the table, sitting down to enjoy a last meal before undertaking the mission to kidnap a princess for Krodha.

Post WC: 158
Back to top Go down
Psi Prince
Mystic Moogle
Psi Prince

Male

PostSubject: Re: Price Tag for a Princess {Kidnapped Quest}   Price Tag for a Princess {Kidnapped Quest} EmptyFri Jul 09, 2010 12:01 am

@ Desert Beetle

Down in the bar, Malloc reemerges from the back and see Rei standing by the bar. He walks over to him and extends two tickets to him. "Here are two tickets for you. They're yours under two conditions. The first and most important is that you will do some work for me. You can tell by the look of the lot in here that we have a lot of meetings between mercenaries and brokers in here. We push out the most mercenary work in all of Hejar and you have a lot of weapons, so I assume you have some skill with them. I wish to use that skill before you leave Hejar. Consider it a favor for a favor. The second condition is you have to take a date, specifically my date. Her name is Tani Marush, she is the third daughter of one of the Lords of the Council of Labor. Don't worry, she's no hag. She is attractive, but can be a bit obnoxious at times and... well you will have fun. It's that or 5000 Shinny and the social, economic, and political elite are attending this play." That last bit would now make it perfectly clear to Rei while someone would give up not one but two tickets to a premiere event here in Hejar and to a stranger.

Up in the room, Tessa tells me that we need to get ready to go and she asks if she can see it. I raise a flirtatious eyebrow at her. "See it? See... what?" She stands up and slides her hand down my chest and as she gets to my waistline stops and says, "Your ability. You have gifts, right?" I grin at her and tell her that I will be back in a few minutes. She nods to me and my body starts to glow a bit before it suddenly just vanishes completely. She gasps and giggles. Once back in my room which is a few doors down, I telepathically speak to her, "I can communicate with you so long as you are within 25-30 paces or so of me. Just visualize your thoughts and I will be able to respond. Get dressed. I'll be back over in a bit."

401/4561
Back to top Go down
Psi Prince
Mystic Moogle
Psi Prince

Male

PostSubject: Re: Price Tag for a Princess {Kidnapped Quest}   Price Tag for a Princess {Kidnapped Quest} EmptyFri Jul 09, 2010 12:13 am

@Abandoned Hut
They eat and once they are done, everyone starts moving into position. They enter thru two separate gates in a sort of staggered arrival so it just seems like travelers and such entering the village.

@Inside Hejar
The guard patrol is normal, light, tonight since Hejar is not at war and has no real reason for alarm. At the theatre house itself, there is a heavy guard presence b/c of the class and station of the attendees.

@ Theater House
While the mercs are getting into position, the early arrivals begin at the theater house. This is definitely going to be a "star studded event" in Hejar. A lot of nobles were arriving early to socialize and all to avoid any annoying delays from overcrowding. The Princess has not arrived yet, but her fiance, the young heir of a nearby village trying to form an economic alliance with Hejar arrives at the theater house and creates quite the buzz. Trumpets and horns welcome his arrival as a band outside plays music to welcome the patrons into the theatre.

181/4742
Back to top Go down
Rei
Veteran
Rei

Male

PostSubject: Re: Price Tag for a Princess {Kidnapped Quest}   Price Tag for a Princess {Kidnapped Quest} EmptyFri Jul 09, 2010 12:18 am

Fortuned smiled on me as he arrived- and quickly. He produced two tickets, though he was quick to add the business part of it all. I would listen carefully- if he even noticed, it would seem that I was used to listening to orders or the like. Not in a bad way, either, in a calm and tentative manner. I would nod every few pauses he gave, if any, and a small smirk at his comment about the weapons and my 'skill', which mostly lay in the sword at my hip. I was quickly given the two conditions: that I use my skill for some mercenary work, and that was fine for me. I was mainly here to retrieve miners, but that could wait until after. The second was that I was to take a date- in fact, it would have been his date. I wasn't much for taking other people women away from them, not after what I'd felt for master Domen's, but I would do this in any case.

"I accept these term, Mollac. I wonder if you could tell me more details in your office? And I would like to know if what I'm wearing is appropreat for the play I'll be going to?"

I would, of course, follow him to his office if he led me in that direction. I was wearing my usual black yukata, the darned blue obi, and straw sandals (and the white shirt under, of course) and luckily I'd been able to wash it before getting into the city by using my vaspire form to borrow another man's soap, though I used a rag to wash off my body and a quick cleaning of my cloths. The silk was still nice and didn't look like it'd been through a lot of battles. Perhaps the faint smell of blood, but only that. After all, working for my master when not gathering workers, was a messy line or business. And he disliked mess in his kingdom, so I stayed as clean as I could thus far.

Words: 2,729
Back to top Go down
Psi Prince
Mystic Moogle
Psi Prince

Male

PostSubject: Re: Price Tag for a Princess {Kidnapped Quest}   Price Tag for a Princess {Kidnapped Quest} EmptyFri Jul 09, 2010 12:43 am

@ Desert Beetle

He smiled when Rei accepted, he had escaped having to spend a night with "her" and also provided me with what I hoped I would not need. Valkrist had shown himself to be capable of completing his missions without problems, but this one is far more delicate. Malloc tells Rei that his attire is fine though it is not hard to notice that you aren't a resident of Hejar. He adds that they will discuss the favor tomorrow.

I appear back in Tessa's room and she smiles. I am wearing black loose fitting pants in the local fashion, a black, red, and silver vest and a matching long cape that has shoulder hooks to flip it back or just let it cover my person. My outfit actually matches with Tessa's attire, which is an amazing dress that truly compliments her figure. The slit is rather provocative, but I for one like it. We exit out of her room and head down the stairs. Malloc tells me that the young man here will be taking his place as he has a business meeting that he forgot about. "The carriage will take you to retrieve young Lady Marush." My face turns to a scowl at the sound of her name as my mind reaches out first thinking to strangle Malloc, but only speaking telepathically, "Tell me you are joking? Tani! If she gets in my way or Tessa's I will end her." Malloc smiles at me and tells us to have fun and hurry up before we are late.

Rushing out to the carriage, I don't even wait for introductions since we need to hurry. Once inside, Tessa would initiate introductions, "Glad you could join us. I am Tessa and this is Krodha, the Lord of Mandira to the distant north." She smiles at him while I sit back and look out of the carriage window.

330/5072
Back to top Go down
яuиє
Ascended Tonberry
яuиє

Male

PostSubject: Re: Price Tag for a Princess {Kidnapped Quest}   Price Tag for a Princess {Kidnapped Quest} EmptyFri Jul 09, 2010 12:47 am

Price Tag for a Princess
When the meal came to an end it was time to move out and put the gears into motion. Arriving in the village I glance around to see what the guard situation is. Upon seeing that it fairly light I give a faint nod. Glancing away I look to the sky for a moment before turning my gaze back to the streets. Moving through the streets I shift my gaze scanning the streets and allyways. While moving through the streets I begin to humm lightly to myself. Moving off the streets I move into the shadows of an ally. Moving through the allyways I make my way to the point where the leader said I will be. Coming to a stop I glance up at the building for a moment before glancing around to make sure the sceen was clear before I begin to ascend into the air, relying on my ability to fly to bring me up to the top of the building. Once on top of the building I move over to the ledge facing the street where the princess' carrage would be turning. Now in place I kneel down close to the edge of the building and begin to wait.

Post WC: 203
Back to top Go down
Rei
Veteran
Rei

Male

PostSubject: Re: Price Tag for a Princess {Kidnapped Quest}   Price Tag for a Princess {Kidnapped Quest} EmptyFri Jul 09, 2010 1:01 am

I was rushed around after he seemed pleased that I'd accepted, turned round to see that man from earlier and told that we would be taking a carriege. I'd yet to eat, but I would have to skip that, I'd guess. It was fine, I would just get something when we got back. I would nod my head and follow the couple with the tickets backed away between the white cotton shirt and the silk yukata, near my money pouch. I would climb in and carefully place my sword on my left as I say opposite the couple, smiling as introductions were given.

"Ahh, so that is your name. It is nice to meet you both, Miss Tessa and Lord Krodha. I am Rei, and despite my appearance, I am merely a humble wandering sword. Metaphorically of course. I was sent here by my current employer's wishes, but I don't think he'll mind me enjoying myself for a night."

I would nod and give them a pleasant smile, knowing the kind of woman I would be with tonight. I did stand out, an outsider in Hejar, but that was fine. I wouldn't be here that long in any case. This work I had would more then likely send me out of Hejar anyways. Where my sword would dance and finish off any that would be in my way, if that is what Mollac wanted.

Words: 2,963
Back to top Go down
Psi Prince
Mystic Moogle
Psi Prince

Male

PostSubject: Re: Price Tag for a Princess {Kidnapped Quest}   Price Tag for a Princess {Kidnapped Quest} EmptyFri Jul 09, 2010 5:43 am

I wasn't quite sure what impression I was supposed to get from his attire, but I assume that where he comes from, that is what the wealthy or nobility wear. Honestly, it looks like he's wrapped up in an expensive bed sheet. Still, I would nod at the mention of his name. Tessa was a lot more social, but that was because we were pulling up on Tani's cousin's home. Her father definitely would not approve of her socializing with Malloc, so she went to her cousin's house first. When we arrive, she walks up in a hooded cloak and climbs into the carriage. Without saying hello or anything, the first remark is a question asking what took us so long. She looks at me and the stoic look that I had been holding had not moved from my visage. "To the theater, driver. Make haste." The carriage continues on its journey and I look at Tani as Tessa rubs my right thigh and whispers in my ear, "Relax. Do not let her distract you from our objectives tonight." I decide to give Tani the benefit of the doubt.

Suddenly, she glances over and notices that the person next to her is not Malloc. "Let me guess, he has a business meeting." I nod to her and reply, "Rei here is a vacationing noble from the eastern coastal villages. He is an ambassador from his land and skilled swordsman, so you are in good hands. Malloc told me that if you behave yourself and enjoying the night, he may even bless you with poetry. You say Rei, Tani here enjoys poetry and the theater quite a bit." Tani looks at Rei and smiles at him, "Forgive my manners. I am Tanilara Marush. My father is the Lord Secretary of the Council of Labor. It is a pleasure to meet you, Rei. You're kinda cute." I just sit there and look at her, as my telepathy is quite audible to Tessa. "You have got to be f'n kidding me! We haven't even made it to the damn theater and she is already making moves. Malloc did this on purpose, I swear! Actually this could be a plus. If he has his hands full with her, he holds no possibility of being a hindrance to you and what you need to do tonight." She smiles at me and I just relax and let those two get to know each other better as we pull up to the entrance to the Theater House. Tessa remarks out loud, "Krodha, can we get food when we get to our suite." I smile at her and nod, "Of course. I haven't eaten either." Truth be told, I didn't need to eat at all, but certain things taste good so I consume them.

498/5570

OOC: Akechi, you and I will be continuing over the next few posts to run the play scene and then Rune will join back in once the play is over.
Back to top Go down
Rei
Veteran
Rei

Male

PostSubject: Re: Price Tag for a Princess {Kidnapped Quest}   Price Tag for a Princess {Kidnapped Quest} EmptyFri Jul 09, 2010 11:52 am

The ride was more enjoyable then I had thought, with light conversation between Tessa and myself, while I saw that the other one was a little more anti social, but I guess I could understand that. After all, Master Domen Yun was not always that social, and in fact, had his moments of solitude that were, I supposed, long periods of time. It must be a lord's things, I guessed. Not that I would mirror this fact, when I was a real noble, I would be attempting to be as social as possible in Harlem.

Soon enough we reached the home where I guessed we were picking up Tanilara Marush. I could ignore attitude quite easily, though I would have to pay close attention to her. One never knew how much influence the daughter of the Lord of Secretary of the Council of Labor could have. So I would ignore her comment as much as everyone else in the carriage when she questioned why it took us so long.

It wasn't soon after the carriage started to go off when she noticed that I was not Mollac, though I thought that that would have been rather obvious, given that fact that I was slimmer and wore foreign cloths. However, instead of giving the introduction to her of myself, the one known as Lord Krodha would introduce me for me. And it was a blatant lie, though perhaps I would be ascending to nobility in the future. This was actually, I thought to myself as he mentioned me being an ambassador, a test of such abilities. He would call me a great swordsman, but he had no idea that I had perfected the art of using the same types of blades that I had with me. There was, however, one thing that Krodha had failed to mention- the type of poetry that the girl liked. I was only good at certain types, you see.

So I would converse with Tani, as she seemed to like being called, for the remainder of the ride, making light jokes that were appropriate, giving at least our half of the carriage some laughter. It mattered little to me, since if I really wanted her, I could slip off with her and turn into an incubus. Though I had no thoughts of doing so with this girl. Her manners had changed so quickly that these had to be her "social" manners and ones taught to find a more worthy noble to marry into his family. I didn't buy her act for a second. My thoughts actually mirrored those of Krodha. None-the-less, I was to make sure that she enjoyed the night, a wearisome process that involved delicate steps.

I would break eye contact with her only a moment at the mention of food, but would guide our discussion as to what types of food Tani liked to eat, as I insisted that her figure could not be more perfect, though it was one of those usual male lies (when they actually wanted to lie, of course- in this case I was just trying to give no offense to her) designed to relax the girl and take away from the notion that any foods that she ate, fattening or none, did not effect her weight in the slightest.

Words: 3,514

Ooc: Okay
Back to top Go down
Psi Prince
Mystic Moogle
Psi Prince

Male

PostSubject: Re: Price Tag for a Princess {Kidnapped Quest}   Price Tag for a Princess {Kidnapped Quest} EmptyFri Jul 09, 2010 4:21 pm

Tani giggles at the comment about her figure and says, "Well I do try. I like a lot of different things. My favorites are sweets tho and fruits. They can be filling, but won't plump you. There some meats that I love too like crocuxis meat. This theater should impress you with its cuisine." Tani seems far less obnoxious with this young man. It is quite interesting to be honest. With Malloc around, she is always such a brat, but now I'm beginning to think that that might be b/c Malloc and I are generally discussing business or not giving her the attention that she "requires" yet Rei and I are no more than passing faces, so we do not engage each other in the same manner. Perhaps, I will have to at least make things open and cordial between us.

Pulling up to the Theater House seems to be an event all in its own. When our carriage door is opened, Rei would be the closest to the exiting side after Tessa. Being a lady, I suggest, "Ladies first." She nods and exits using the hands of the aide and guard outside the carriage. Tani would follow next and the crowd notices her and the trumpets play and announce her. I look at Rei and offer to let him go first. Having been scanning both his and Tani's thoughts, confirming that he is not mortal and see a male version of Kali, I am somewhat vexed by how that is possible. I had always thought the Seducers were all female and that the males that I had encountered that I originally thought were just suave and naturally charming demons might have very well been what he is. I still had no knowledge that he was truly the same as Kali, but with the sun preparing to set, that may change soon enough.

After he exits, I too would exit and while they don't know who I am really, the embroidery symbol on my cape would imply nobility and after subtly implanting the name and title into his mind, the herald calls out, "Introducing Ambassador Rei and Lord Krodha of Mandira." Internally, I frown and curse him a moron for making it sound like both of us are from Mandira. Still, I suppose it partially my fault since I never inquired... Tani looks at Rei and asks, "So Lord Ambassador, where are you from and who is your lord?" Good work, Tani. Saves me from having to ask.

436/6006
Back to top Go down
Rei
Veteran
Rei

Male

PostSubject: Re: Price Tag for a Princess {Kidnapped Quest}   Price Tag for a Princess {Kidnapped Quest} EmptyFri Jul 09, 2010 4:45 pm

So it was just as I thought- the way that she spoke made it all too obvious. She seemed to be more a succubus in human flesh, without the charm effect. I did not sense any demonic energy within her- well, it was more of a ‘hey, they have a demon look to ‘em” kind of sense. However, that little much as I would nod as to what she was saying, and smirked at her comment about ‘meat’ as many males would. I would quickly look as the carriage came to a stop and would listen to the other lord opposite myself. He insisted that the ladies go first, and I would nod my head to that as I would see that the lord’s woman would exit first. Followed would be Tani, and then he offered me the next. I would nod head get out, smiling lightly as I had slipped my sheathed long sword onto the left side of my obi. I walked calmly, despite the trumpets that sounded.

I was announced as the ambassador to Mandira after Lord Krodha, though I would not mention that it was wrong. As we walked, I was asked who my lord was, as well as where I was from. I would smile lightly, this lie (though I didn’t say in my mind ‘this is a lie’) as I used this often, I would reply with a small smile on my face.

“I’m from Saichuushigai, born from one of the nobles. However, I was sent off to a different city, where my father believed that I would do better. This is when I currently live, with my new lord. My Lord’s name is Domen. It is actually a new city, though, and in the desert. So I’ve come to see if Hejar will at least be neutral with us.”

Not that I cared if others heard me, other then our group: though I was sure that my voice would only be heard between the four of us as the crowd’s noise would block it off from those that might try to correct what they were saying. My thoughts were close enough to what came from my lips, though I came here for a lot less then what I said, but did it matter much?

Words: 3,895
Back to top Go down
Psi Prince
Mystic Moogle
Psi Prince

Male

PostSubject: Re: Price Tag for a Princess {Kidnapped Quest}   Price Tag for a Princess {Kidnapped Quest} EmptyFri Jul 09, 2010 5:26 pm

As the sun makes its way to retire for the evening, the guests are moved inside and usher servants are everywhere guiding people to their seats and sections. A host servant guides those with balcony suites. The hosts were more knowledgeable and refined so when Tani asked him a question about the food menu, his words are eloquent and respectful. He knew how to talk to nobility for sure. He tells her that he will bring menus for our party to our balcony. It is quite funny to me that on our way to our seats, Tessa, Tani, and myself are all greeting and acknowledging different patrons in the room. The reasons are starkly different. Tani is because of her socialite status amongst the younger nobles. Tessa is probably a mix between lovers and employers, but all are smiles. I have a mix of smiles and scowls. Not everyone had been on the good side of the receiving end of my mercenary exploits while I was first staying in Hejar. Others have built small fortunes off of my work. There are others who know of me and I would greet them all. After all, it is nice to cordial and all publicity is good publicity!

When we arrive at our suite, Tani asks me, "So Krodha, what brings you to Hejar this visit?" I glance over at Rei then at her, "I needed to take some contracts to keep my boys busy while I am hunting for the bandits on Mandira. Once I find them, the boys will have plenty of work to keep them busy. Malloc, as always, is my primary go to person for mercenary work." Tessa pouts, "You are always working, you know that. Don't think I didn't notice." Tani smiles at me then at Tessa before asking Rei, "That would explain your attire. Old habits die hard. So what is Lord Domen like? Is he all serious all the time like Krodha? How wonderful, you came to be friends. It is always smart for a young village to befriend their powerful neighbors as it generally offers protection." So it would seem that she is not an idiot as it pertains to matters of state.

The host comes back and asks what everyone would like to eat. Tani, curious about Rei, hands him the menu first to order.

415/6421
Back to top Go down
Rei
Veteran
Rei

Male

PostSubject: Re: Price Tag for a Princess {Kidnapped Quest}   Price Tag for a Princess {Kidnapped Quest} EmptyFri Jul 09, 2010 5:51 pm

Yes, it did seem that Tani was no fool in the matter of state. Of course, the future events of this night would either bring about what I’d been speakin of, or would ruin me. Not that these humans could slay me at this time of day. If they wanted to try, it would be their deaths. But I didn’t think on that- I’d thought of such things, back in the desert bettle, when I was not within range of anyone. I would close my eyes and nod.

“Yes, Master Domen had said that it would be important that we makes allies. He is considering adopting me as his son, since it seems my father has forgotten me. But such matters are a different night.”

It wouldn’t be too soon that a man would come and give us a menu to look over for what we wanted- though I would have handed it to Tani first- the whole ‘ladies first’ thing, she would allow me to take a pick first. I looked swiftly and saw something similar in sound to what I used to eat in the village when we were in times of low meat. But I changed my mind when I saw the mention of curry.

“I’ll have the Curry, please, and some chilled sake.”

I would hand the menu over to Tani, wondering what she would think of the spicy food that I’d chosen. I wasn’t sure if her pallet was ready for such a dish, so I was hoping that she was not going to order it. After all, I might have to use some poetry to sooth her, or worse yet, have to take her aside. I’d rather not be thought of as a pervert, which I was sure other nobles outside our balcony would think if I were to escort her out. Not that I was aware how Malloc was around her and how I was different.

Words: 4,218
Back to top Go down
Psi Prince
Mystic Moogle
Psi Prince

Male

PostSubject: Re: Price Tag for a Princess {Kidnapped Quest}   Price Tag for a Princess {Kidnapped Quest} EmptyFri Jul 09, 2010 6:51 pm

Tani has an emotional "awwww, how cute" moment at the mention of him being adopted by his lord. It also clicks on a more subtle note that plays out in her mind that if he becomes adopted, then Rei here practically becomes royalty or at least high nobility to his people. He wasn't really responding to her more blatant flirtation, so she would have to be more subtle. Perhaps if she continues to help teach him about Hejar and its ways, then he would become a more valuable ambassador to his lord and be able to return more often. Her words thru all of this would simply speak, "Then you must be well respected to your people." Her voice lowers so that only Rei could hear her, "I know what it is like to feel forgotten by your parents. It seems that if I am not acting out and causing a scene, they ignore that I exist. I pray that when you have children that you will remember this feeling so that you do not inflict it on others." The host interrupts this more somber conversation.

After Rei orders curry and sake, the host looks at him for a moment unsure if they have this sake. He had heard the term and knew that it was a drink. Tani orders a spicy crocuxis pasta and asks for red wine. She adds that if they don't have sake, then he should bring a chilled white wine and names off a very specific bottle. Tessa orders the equivalent to a chicken salad and tea before looking at me and saying, "My Lord will want smoked yenny fish and pan seared gil fish over wild and yellow rice with asparagus steamed in fire water as well as sweet bread. Oh and a bottle of your finest nectar." I chuckle at her ability to order for me and I say still in the midst of my chuckling, "Malloc has taught you well. You picked fish that is preserved in a manner that it can survive the import to Hejar. I am impressed." The host smiles and takes the menu before telling us that he will bring the drinks shortly and that the food will be ready by the 1st Intermission. With that he bows and exits, closing our balcony's outer curtains as the stage curtains begin to rise for the play to begin.

416/6837
Back to top Go down
Rei
Veteran
Rei

Male

PostSubject: Re: Price Tag for a Princess {Kidnapped Quest}   Price Tag for a Princess {Kidnapped Quest} EmptyFri Jul 09, 2010 7:39 pm

I would raise my eyebrow at the man as though expecting the server to say what he was pausing for- I assumed that nobility would do so, though normally with an annoyed energy. I would soon turn to Tani as she would order and then suggest chilled white wine if they did not have the rice wine. I would nod in agreement and then would listen to Tani as she ordered her food, a small smile playing on my lips at it. No, my flirting with her was less then subtle, it was non existant. But there was no need to say that out loud.

I listened to her private words for me before she had said that I must be well-respected, and that was very true, though I suspected that the workers that I often interacted with were also afraid of what I would kill them if they were disrespectful. No matter, but I would nod my head to her and give a quick reply in response. I would change my tactic a bit, much like a guy that just realized that he was being flirted with.

"Of course I'll remember it, Tani. Perhaps we can talk more about it later in private."

Soon enough, everyone had ordered, so all was well an good in the department of food. the other's way of ordering was a bit impressive, I would merely remain silent to these facts. I would happen that the drinks would be with us soon and that the food ready by the first intermission.

Soon the play would start with the instruments lasting off, an I would turn my head towards the stage, but would keep Tani well within vision. A smile, private for only her to see in the darkening theater, was another 'treat' for her, but I'm sure that she was going to pick it up. The play started similarly to Romeo and Juliet- two rival houses, Hejarian (or whatever they called themselves) would meet after one makes light jokes about genitalia. It was rather funny, and I would only laugh at the appropriate moments or when Tani did. I would add these vocabulary to mine for the form within, th sexual beast at least.

Words: 4,588
Back to top Go down
Psi Prince
Mystic Moogle
Psi Prince

Male

PostSubject: Re: Price Tag for a Princess {Kidnapped Quest}   Price Tag for a Princess {Kidnapped Quest} EmptyFri Jul 09, 2010 9:07 pm

The play begins quite humorously and I am pleased to see Tani and Rei getting along so well. I now find myself hoping that nothing goes wrong b/c I would hate to throw this boy under the proverbial bus to cover our tracks, as he has allowed this evening to be an enjoyable one for Tessa and I. Light conversation about basic male topics like battle, telling each other a lot about the beauty of our respective lands, and commenting on the play's progression would occur, but never for long as the girls would undoubtedly shush us. It was moreso to the balcony suite all inclusive at times instead of two separate dates the whole time.

I must say that the first act of the play is quite humorous and the end of Act 1 leads me to believe that there will be a lot of conflict and quarreling in the Second Act. This particular play has 3 acts to it Tessa informs me. She "twitches" her eyebrow upward quickly signaling me to look into her thoughts and she tells me that she will leave during the 2nd Intermission and I tell her to be careful. The food and second round of drinks come out. During the first round, the host couldn't find sake in their bar area or the kitchen's cellar, but when he returns this time with the food, he is carrying a chilled bottle of sake. He distributes the food and drinks and on his way out, Tani slips some coins into his pocket as he walks out. When he checks, it is about a 100 Shinny tip for finding the sake.

The Second Act begins and we are all devoting our attention to it and our food. Damn, this is actually really good food to be so far away from the sea.

314/7151
Back to top Go down
Rei
Veteran
Rei

Male

PostSubject: Re: Price Tag for a Princess {Kidnapped Quest}   Price Tag for a Princess {Kidnapped Quest} EmptyFri Jul 09, 2010 9:26 pm

It seemed the evening was going well, and I could see that everyone was enjoying themselves. Yes, there was going to be conflict and mayhem in the second act, or so my swordsman instincts told me. But I would put that aside as the first intermission came into being and I was done with the first drink. I hadn't hurriedly consumed it, I took it in stride, and that at least allowed me to be light hearted and enjoy myself a bit more, though I was able to easily hold my tongue about my real identity. The curry was just as a I liked it, spicy, but not overly so, with a nice bed of rice that would have a cooling effect if one ate it the way that I did.

I was also given sake, a whole bottle of it. I would tell the host to leave my cup, to which I would pour my sake into- I would also offer Tani some, though I would add that it didn't take too much to make one drunk, which was why I drank very little at one time, and never took it like a shot. I would shift my attention similar to the first act, though I would speak to Tani in undertones about things that I noticed in the play and maybe predictions.

This play mirrored that of Romeo and Juliet, but it different at the opening, for the second act opened with a duel under way, rapiers swatting at each other in quick succession. Parry, strike, disrupt, parry, parry, strike, strike, parry, disengage. It went on for a minute before the fight was broken up by the king's guard and both thrown into jail. Each family begged favor from the lord, and he would grant them their freedom. The two love birds from the first act planned their marriage, even as a second duel was set. And so it started again, the rapiers clashing, but this time the one from 'Juliet's' family would use a main gauche after parrying and stabbed his opponent in the side. Fake blood flow and the man fell, even as 'Romeo' came. A moment between them and a curse uttered upon 'Romeo', who then dueled and out-classed his opponent, utterly defeating him in a fit of rage and for the cause of revenge even without a main gauche. The second act ended with 'Romeo's' banishment from the kingdom, to live forever in a desert village (though it was not Hejar or a future version of Hejar, the voice of the play would clearly state).

Words: 5,019
Back to top Go down
Psi Prince
Mystic Moogle
Psi Prince

Male

PostSubject: Re: Price Tag for a Princess {Kidnapped Quest}   Price Tag for a Princess {Kidnapped Quest} EmptyFri Jul 09, 2010 10:18 pm

While I originally did not wish to attend this play, Act 2 was simply incredible. There was action, duels, romance, drama, and still some subtle comedy to draw out laughter, but the build-up is incredible. Tessa and I find ourselves holding hands at times and me running my fingers thru her hair and caressing her neck. Towards the end of the Act 2, Tessa grumbles and groans a bit. At first I ignore until I remember her earlier thoughts, it was time to get to work for her. She looks over and tells me, "My Lord, I don't feel so well. Please excuse me while I get some air." I ask her out of feigned concern, "Do you want me to accompany you?" She shakes her head and says, "No, my Lord. I do not wish to interrupt the enjoyment of the evening. I shall return in time to finish the third act." I nod to her and she gingerly walks out.

I ask Rei, "So what are the primary exports of your village, Ambassador. Forgive me, I cannot seem to recall the name of your village? What was it?" The question would distract Tani as well from thinking about going to check on Tessa. Now would be her time to get to work. At the same time, while I am waiting on his reply, I notice what seems to be a disagreement between the princess and some young man in her balcony with her. I begin to wonder if he is one of our inside agents, not knowing that he is in fact her betrothed. Removing the thought, I remember that I have to keep my thoughts open for Tessa.

Speaking of Tessa, she is currently making her way around the security as she makes her way to one of the balcony suites. There is a woman alone in the suite and from the shadows, a blade presses against her throat. "Give me your jewelry and pass me that box that your husband left with you." The woman removes a very beautiful necklace, ring, bangle and bracelet before she hands over the box. Tessa hears someone coming and tells the lady that if she says a word, she will die. Tessa melts into the shadows and as the back curtain to suite opens, she moves towards it and as it closes, Tessa slips out. She hides the jewelry on her body as she is moving and stuffs the box in her purse. She tries to make it to her client but when she hears a man calling for the guards, she returns to our suite in the midst of the 3rd Act which has already begun and her thoughts are racing. Telepathically, I would tell her to calm down and put her purse open where I can reach the box.

495/7646
Back to top Go down
Rei
Veteran
Rei

Male

PostSubject: Re: Price Tag for a Princess {Kidnapped Quest}   Price Tag for a Princess {Kidnapped Quest} EmptyFri Jul 09, 2010 11:13 pm

It would not be an uneventful night. My actions were a bit more flirtatious, as I would whisper things in her ear and anything else that was needed, and when the second intermission came around, I was about ready to have a short 'intermission' from what I was doing, it was pretty tiering. But I was preceded by Tessa, which would have an inner tussel about it, but was soon quelled. I would stay with Tani and speak about the various things in the play that interested her, and this time any flirtatious things she threw at me, i would respond with flirtatious comments as well, though I was sure that we would keep such things in an undertone. That was, however, after I responded to the questions posed to me.

"We export mostly stone and minerals, jewels and sea foods. Perhaps the fish you are eating came from my lord's village. However, my lord has not picked a name yet, there are several that he is considering, though."

I would notice that Tessa did not seem any more... refreshed when she got back, but that was a momentary notice. I was up on the sake business, so I had little time to worry about that. Had my mind been in order, I would have started to piece some things together. How 'convenient' my arrival had been, with an armory strapped around me and then seeing that I did get tickets. Even down to Mollac's date being mine was all a bit convenient for him. Though in a different sense. But I was enjoying myself tonight with Tani, thinking that if she stayed this way and was not as bratty as the Mollac would seem to have said, as I would wait for the third act to start.

Words: 5,317
Back to top Go down
Psi Prince
Mystic Moogle
Psi Prince

Male

PostSubject: Re: Price Tag for a Princess {Kidnapped Quest}   Price Tag for a Princess {Kidnapped Quest} EmptySat Jul 10, 2010 11:42 pm

@ Bad Side - Kidnapping - The package is on the move.

On the other side of the theater house, the Caliph's daughter and her fiance seem to find themselves in another argument and this one is worse than the one before which causes her to rise from her seat and storm out of their suite. With guards moving around searching for a female thief and her mood completely shifted for the worst, the Princess tells her guards that she is ready to go. One of her guards tells her that she would need to wait for her security detail to finish helping with the search and she looks at him with a deathly glare that clearly said that she wasn't waiting for anyone or anything. That was all he needed to see as he takes her to the front where her carriage would be noticed. Also, her fight with her fiance is quite noticeable by the nobility in the suites and some of the more distant floor seats that have a view of the balcony. Her immediate guard detail of 5-6 men is brought up with the carriage and she is placed inside with her handmaiden. Her fiance dashes out to the carriage and since he is the equivalent of royalty to his people, they do not stop him. As soon as he is in, the carriage takes off before his guards can make it out.

@ The Play - Act 3

Back inside the theatre, it looks like things have calmed down on the relationship troubles side of things. My right hand is caressing Tessa's back and slides down before it reaches into her purse and rests on the box. Within a moment, the box would be gone. I slide my hands over her body in mildly discrete manners, it would seem like I was just teasing her in a very provocative display of affection. She could feel what I was doing though. Tani, having gone out with Malloc and I before would think that I was merely being my normal lustful self. I love stereotypes! Each piece of jewelry would be gone and I look at her as I telepathically inquire, "The jewelry? Really?" She grins at me and shrugs before laying her head on my shoulder as we continue to watch the third act. This seems to have a much more of an emotional wave to this act.

400/8046
Back to top Go down
Rei
Veteran
Rei

Male

PostSubject: Re: Price Tag for a Princess {Kidnapped Quest}   Price Tag for a Princess {Kidnapped Quest} EmptySun Jul 11, 2010 11:08 pm

I would spent little time worrying about what one was doing to the other one on Krodha's side. I was doing other flirtatious movements of my own, thanks to being loosened up a bit from the sake, though I had probed first. If she wouldn't allow such movements (delicately sent through my arms by my inner Incubus). The third act would follow through with the events of 'Romeo' and 'Juliet'. It would end on an emotional level, rather than a dramatic one. The music to this very last part was just perfectly arranged. And then the man who narrated the story would walk out, calm and collected, speaking for the last time that night (for the play, obviously).

"And so... ladies and gentlemen, this was a story of true love. Our young couple broke through the boundaries of their families and found that love. They endured all their sufferings in the name of happiness. And for that happiness, they died together, to stay with each other for all eternity. May you all find such love in your life and enjoy it as you can."

The curtain would drop, and for those that had idea of the fight, there was likely no lady who's eyes were not dry, nor a man that attended the lady not smiling. Tonight, those who made love may make it with renewed energy. But I would have no need of such, or so I had thought. Perhaps, though, I may spend the night with the young lady, if I would be allowed to, of course. Yes, that sake may not have been the best choice of drink tonight, combined with that white wine that had also been chilled. I would look around at the group to see its happening, landing less on Tani- unless, of course, she were crying. Then I would be attending to her.

Words: 5,627
Back to top Go down
яuиє
Ascended Tonberry
яuиє

Male

PostSubject: Re: Price Tag for a Princess {Kidnapped Quest}   Price Tag for a Princess {Kidnapped Quest} EmptySun Jul 11, 2010 11:26 pm

Price Tag for a Princess
Kneeling atop the building I slowly shift my gaze scanning the area below me, searching the area for any signs of guards and other activity. Since it seemed clear for the moment I lift my gaze, glancing up at the sky for a moment and scanning over the sky. While shifting my gaze across the sky I take in a deep breath and let it out with a light sigh, with my gaze on the sky I begin to go over the plan to kidnap the princess. Looking away from the sky I begin to move and sit back on the roof finally, getting in a more comfortable position. Closing my eyes, I again begin to think about the mission, though I shift gears and begin to think about the different things that could happen and even go wrong, Krodha made it clear that he wished this mission to come through with positive results with the least amount of bloodshed as possible. Though the task at hand seemed simple, the thing that may cause the problems is the part about bloodshed, though I have no intention of getting any more blood on my hands, at least not with this mission. To me, my part in this was protecting the princess and insuring her safety and delivery to the rendezvous point. After that she shouldn't be my problem any more, but until then I would do everything in my power to make sure that she is kept safe. Pausing for a moment, I frown faintly as I think on these concepts, they didn't seem all that like me... well Valkirst..

Post WC: 269[/quote]
Back to top Go down
Psi Prince
Mystic Moogle
Psi Prince

Male

PostSubject: Re: Price Tag for a Princess {Kidnapped Quest}   Price Tag for a Princess {Kidnapped Quest} EmptyMon Jul 12, 2010 3:58 am

@Theater House

Sitting here on this part contract, part date with Tessa and watching this play, really calmed the normal rage within. I am allowed to just relax and enjoy myself without a care for the remainder of this third act. The ending that befalls the two lovers brings so many women to tears and I grin as Tessa's eyes swell up and tho no tear falls, she becomes bashful at her display of emotions. I chuckle and tell her that this was a wonderful idea to come on this date. She nods and thanks me for handling security as well. I nod to her as she is talking about the security guards checking our suite and preparing to ask to investigate the suite and persons of our ladies before I look at them and use some light psyche manipulation to send them away. A separate smile appears on my face as Rei is being quite the gentleman and tending to the lightly sobbing Tanilara. She was quite enjoyable on this outing and I would comment on that to her, which causes her to thank me. "You know, you are actually much nicer than I thought." We would relax inside the theater for a while for a post event sort of mixer. It wouldn't linger that long and I smile and tell Rei, "Ambassador, should you two require the carriage, by all means. We can find our way back to the Beetle." I grin at both of them before Tessa pulls me to mingle with nobles.

267/8313
Master: Void - Teleport (-1750)

OOC: Rei, you can relax for a bit while we move the actual kidnapping along. Rune, game time!
Back to top Go down
Psi Prince
Mystic Moogle
Psi Prince

Male

PostSubject: Re: Price Tag for a Princess {Kidnapped Quest}   Price Tag for a Princess {Kidnapped Quest} EmptyMon Jul 12, 2010 4:17 am

@Kidnapping - Bad Side

While the third act of the play is still going on, the carriage leaves and there is bickering before there is a forced silence within the carriage that has the guards rather distracted as the carriage makes the left turn as expected. Now on normal circumstances, one could just as easily keep going straight on this road, but since the agents that helped put this together made a very subtle yet clear threat to the princess' driver in regards to his family's safety and well being. The handmaiden of the princess tries to console her to keep her calm. The guards scan the area to be on guard.

The mercs had gotten into position and when the silent signal is given for everyone to move, the shadows are full of motion. Two arrows are loosed into the backs of the rear guards, which fall off the back of the wagon as two more mercs jam spears into the wheels to stop them. The guards drop down to take up defensive positions around the carriage. The mercs emerge to attack as the carriage is pretty much directly under Kadowa's position. There are six of the Princess' guards left. The heir's guards are making their way down the street, but they are walk marching down the street, so they will be showing up in 2 to 3 posts. On the left side of the carriage there is a spear wielder and a swordsman. On the right side of the carriage are two swordsmen and in front of the carriage is a warrior with two sabres and very nicely decorated armor who is making his way towards the carriage door to protect the Princess. Next to him is an archer that is taking up a position next to the driver and firing arrows at the approaching mercs. The merc archer is further down the street trying to take cover and fire at the guards while evading the guard archer's arrows. The other mercs jump out from each side engaging the guards. One of the mercs faces off against who seems to be the Princess' chief bodyguard.

369/8682
Back to top Go down
яuиє
Ascended Tonberry
яuиє

Male

PostSubject: Re: Price Tag for a Princess {Kidnapped Quest}   Price Tag for a Princess {Kidnapped Quest} EmptyMon Jul 12, 2010 10:25 pm

Price Tag for a Princess
My attention is brought back to the task at hand when the silent signal is relaied to me by the others, letting me know the carriage is on approach. Rousing from my position on the roof I shift back to the edge of the building, perching myself up so I could look down at the street below. Shifting my gaze across the street I turn my gaze and fix it on the carriage as the mercs on the ground move into action and bring the carriage to a stop before sprining into action to get the princess. Remaining on my perch I watch the action below as the mercs. While looking down at the action I begin to shift my gaze, glancing at each of the guards that are here to defend the princess. Bringing my gaze to rest on the two on the right, underneath me, I watch them for a moment thinking on what to do before finally deciding to move into action. Shifting from my position I move to the edge of the building and drop down into the alleyway and make my way to the mouth of the alley. Coming to the mouth of the alley I come to a stop and begin to focus, calling forth demonic energies. While calling forth the demonic energies I summon demonic familiars. As the magical entity attaches its self to my back I peak around the corner at he two guards armed with swords that are closest to me. Keeping my gaze fixed on the two men I send forth two of the tendrils from the familiar. The two tendrils of demonic energy snake along the shadows until they come with in range of the two guards. Once they come with in range of the two guards they strike out, launching from the shadows and moving to wrap around the two guards ankles before they would quickly jerk back in an attempt to jerk the two guards from there feet and drag them back into the darkness of the alley. If the guards make it to the alley they would be met with the other three tendrils of the familiar poised to strike, the three tendrils lashing out at the two guards along with the two that had already grabbed the guards and pulled them into the alley. The wolf and snake headed tendrils would attack the two guards swiftly, bitting and ripping away chunks of flesh until the two guards were dead.

Post WC: 414
Back to top Go down
Psi Prince
Mystic Moogle
Psi Prince

Male

PostSubject: Re: Price Tag for a Princess {Kidnapped Quest}   Price Tag for a Princess {Kidnapped Quest} EmptyWed Jul 14, 2010 5:21 am

@ Kidnapping - Bad Side

The Royal Guards are quite skilled warriors, so when the mercenaries attack, they would find the skill and caliber of the guards to be quite elevated. The mercs find themselves on the defensive against the guards. The tendrils aren't long enough to reach the guards from the alley, since they can only strike within weapon melee range. One of the sword guards notices the creature lurking in the shadows and calls out to the others, "Demon!" The big mouth merc shows that he has some serious skill as he stabs one of the guards as his armor lifts up when he goes to deliver and overhead chop, then twists the blade in a 180 degree turn and slashes up. Blood and entrails spill onto the pavement as the loud mouth Merc spins to block a death blow to one of his brethren allowing the downed merc to stab him. The guards were dropping, but the mercs lose one of their own when the guard captain nearly cleaves him in half. At the front of the wagon, the driver shows his allegiance when he stabs the archer in the back while he is trying to take a shot at the merc archer. The fiance wanting to defend the Princess and her maiden gets out of the carriage with his sword and joins the fight. He exhibits some formal training as he is able to slash and wound the small cook merc. Before being kicked back several feet. The guard who notices Kadowa squares off against him ready to protect the Princess. Now with more of an advantage, the mercs are able to prevent the guards from sounding their alarm horns. The Merc Leader looks at Kadowa trying to figure out why he has no weapon, while also very curious about what he is.

The Merc Archer notices the approaching guards from the fiance's tribe and signals to the others as he moves forward to try and finish this quickly. The guard captain engages the merc that was saved by the loud mouth, but their fight is interrupted by the loud mouth merc himself. He knew that his brother at arms was no match for the Guard Captain, so he challenges him himself. The Merc Captain calls out, "We need to get moving! Let's go!" The driver grabs the spear out of the wheel and tries to sneak up behind the Guard Captain to stab him.

The left side guards have been killed. There is currently one guard engaging Kadowa, one guard fighting against Merc 4 on the right side of the wagon and the Fiance has been kicked to the ground towards the front of the wagon. The Fiance's guards will be arriving in 2 posts now.

474/9156
Back to top Go down
яuиє
Ascended Tonberry
яuиє

Male

PostSubject: Re: Price Tag for a Princess {Kidnapped Quest}   Price Tag for a Princess {Kidnapped Quest} EmptyWed Jul 14, 2010 8:46 pm

Price Tag for a Princess
As the tendrials of the familiar fall short, unable to get the two I wished to attack, I frown faintly under my mask as I begin to think on another spell I could use to deal with the guards though not damage the carrage or the princess. Upon hearing the one speak about about a demon I glance to the one yelling and frown a bit more at the guard that had spotted my familiar in the shadows. " Damn humans.. " I murmur lightly to myself as I call back the two tendrials I had used to try and attack the guards with. This new development only complicated things more since now they knew that something is up. Turning my gaze to the guard that noticed me I glance over him for a moment before stepping back into the alleyway. Realizing how much of a fool I am for leaving my weapon behind I sigh lightly, the news the Merc Capitan has to say doesn't help the situation any either. With out a weapon I knew I had little options in the way of fighting, something I was hoping to avoid though it seemed I would get no such luck, I will need to make sure I always have a weapon in the future. Since they may already know I can call up magical powers I begin to contemplate calling upon them once again to deal with this guard and finish off the rest and be done with the lot so I can get on with the mission.

Post WC: 259
Back to top Go down
Psi Prince
Mystic Moogle
Psi Prince

Male

PostSubject: Re: Price Tag for a Princess {Kidnapped Quest}   Price Tag for a Princess {Kidnapped Quest} EmptyThu Jul 15, 2010 5:11 am

@Kidnapping - Bad Side

The spear wielded by the driver pierces the back of the Guard Captain. The driver's head finds itself moving thru the air as the Captain catches him with spinning back slash. The loud mouth merc uses the pommel of his sword to knock out the distracted Captain and see that the Princess is still inside. The cook manages to stab one of the sword guard wounding him and the archer puts down the other one. The cook is thrown on the front of the wagon and covered as the mercs take off down the road after telling "the useless coward," since he never actually attacked anyone, to hurry up and come on as well. The Merc Captain wanted to berate Kadowa for being dead weight, but for now, they all needed to focus on the mission and escaping from Hejar with the Princess. She is bound and gagged along with her handmaiden. They were fortunate that the shrieks and screams of the two women were not loud enough to alert any of the patrols. Knowing that when the bodies are found, the patrols would alert the nearest gate, the Merc Captain drives the carriage towards a mid range gate. The loud mouth badass speaks to Kadowa, "Useless, sit inside with the women." The gate starts to come into sight, but it is still a good distance and to avoid suspicion or having to stop for inspection, the Merc Captain drives casually towards the gate.

254/9410
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Price Tag for a Princess {Kidnapped Quest}   Price Tag for a Princess {Kidnapped Quest} Empty

Back to top Go down

Price Tag for a Princess {Kidnapped Quest}
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next