Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

H2H Content Site ( Mirror ) - New Content Added 11/22!

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Simplicity is the Key (Great Temple)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Strayed
Intern
Strayed

Male
Number of posts : 401
Rep! : 4
Registration date : 2010-01-21

Simplicity is the Key (Great Temple) Empty
PostSubject: Simplicity is the Key (Great Temple)   Simplicity is the Key (Great Temple) EmptyMon Feb 08, 2010 11:20 pm

Simplicity is the Key

The sky was full of bright white clouds that reflected in my eyes. My eyes closed with a small sigh, what a beautiful day, warm and just a bit of a cool breeze from the east. Suddenly shadow casts down on my laying form from the pile of hay I’d been laying in. As I opened my eyes and they were meat with a loud "Wack!" as the bamboo stick connected with my head. I stared a moment before recoiling in pain.
"Gah!" I screamed in pain.
"Hoy! No lazin’ about when there is work to be done!" the old man barked. One eye opened and looked up at him while my hand still cradled my head. He was a short elderly man, simple robes and a long beard.
"Sorry, but you didn’t have to hit me! Why didn’t you just say-"
"Because does the mountain speak to the mouse?" he asked in a guff voice.
"W-What!?" I asked his question was so bizarre that I’d forgotten about my injury.
"NO! It does not!" He answered his own question. I gave a blank stare, I was pretty sure he was loosing his mind, mountains and mice couldn’t speak at all. I sighed and got to my feet.
"What needs to be done?" I asked trying to ignore Gai’s pour attempts at being wise; or maybethey were well executed attacks on my own sanity.
"Some travelers from else where need their horses tended to, I’m taking a nap so you handle it." He informed me.
"But Gai Sensei your not taking a nap-" before I could finish my sentence I heard a loud plop as Gai took my spot on the hay and began snoring.
"Gai?…Gai!? Oh c’mon no one falls asleep that fast! Gai I know you’re awake!" I yelled but it was no use, ignoring me or not it seemed I would be doing the job alone. I sighed and headed to the horses that had been left tied up out side the stables. It took me an hour to prep the stalls with food and water, and take the tac off the horses. As I was finishing leading the last horse into the stall, it spooked, and reared up, jerking my arm back with it. I stopped and looked into the stall and back to the horse.
"What’s wrong? I don’t see anything." I said still staring, then the hay shifted and a mouse poked its face out of the hay.
"Oh, hey you better moved or you’ll get trampled little guy." Said leaving the horse a moment and picking the little mouse out of the hay and setting it down out side. I finished settling the horse into it’s stall and stroked it head.
"There how’s that? Not bad huh?" I asked though I didn’t expect an answer, which was the nice thing about animals they never said anything mean, just listened quietly.

Words 487
Back to top Go down
Kazakura
Respected Elder
Kazakura

Female
Number of posts : 1880
Rep! : 37
Registration date : 2010-01-22

PostSubject: Re: Simplicity is the Key (Great Temple)   Simplicity is the Key (Great Temple) EmptyTue Feb 09, 2010 12:07 am

Simplicity is the Key (Great Temple) Kaza_01
IT was a long ride. It always was. I dismounted in the courtyard of the great temple amid stares and snorts. People forgot that I could ride as well as I could. He bred some of the best war mounts on the island. I took off the riding gloves as I lead the prancing horse to the stall. He knew he was beauty and was proudly showing off. I just shook my head and patted his nose. When I got to the open doors of the stable, I noticed someone other than the old man that usually tended to my horse was moving about. One of the stable boys no doubt. He tried to calm a spooked horse and then rescue a mouse. I lean against the doorjam watching the action. He was good with the horses. I would have waited for him to notice me but my proud mount was wondering why he was still standing there nickered a greeting. Lightly I bop the steed on the nose with a glove and smile warmly to the boy. It was getting close to dinner so I greeted "Konbanwa"
Simplicity is the Key (Great Temple) Kaza_03
Back to top Go down
Strayed
Intern
Strayed

Male

PostSubject: Re: Simplicity is the Key (Great Temple)   Simplicity is the Key (Great Temple) EmptyTue Feb 09, 2010 3:04 pm

I glanced up as a voice came from the stable entrance. As I glanced up I saw a very pretty lady with an equally pretty horse. Ok well the horse was slightly lest attractive. "Konbanwa" I answered back with a pleasant smile.
"I can take your horse for you." I said as I stepped forward pausing a moment as I saw the band around her arm. "She's a priestess!" I thought to my self and immediately bowed a bit ashamed I’d forgotten my manners. Why hadn’t Gai told me? He’d just said travelers from else where he couldn’t have been more vague. I was betting he was getting good a laugh out of this watching some where near by. "Good one sensei, you got me" I thought to myself, cheeks slightly reddened from embarrassment.
Words 134
Back to top Go down
Kazakura
Respected Elder
Kazakura

Female

PostSubject: Re: Simplicity is the Key (Great Temple)   Simplicity is the Key (Great Temple) EmptyTue Feb 09, 2010 3:49 pm

I wondered why the blushing bow and shook my head. "You do not have to do that. This is my horse, Midnight" I roll my eyes as the horse takes a proud stance. "Do not let him fool you, he is a big baby" The horse's chest deflates a bit as I chuckle. "I have not seen you here before Gei usually takes my horse in the courtyard. I wonder if he is alright." I try to ease the youths apparent embarassment by handing him the reins. "You seem to know a lot about horses." I hop onto the side of one of the stalls and balance as I watch the boy with my mount.
Back to top Go down
Strayed
Intern
Strayed

Male

PostSubject: Re: Simplicity is the Key (Great Temple)   Simplicity is the Key (Great Temple) EmptyWed Feb 10, 2010 6:40 pm

As she said I didn’t have to bow I straitened back up, and gave a mental sigh, I probably just made my self look very foolish. As she speaks I look over the horse once more and gently take the reins.
"Is that so?" I asked looking from her then to Midnight with soft hand I stroked his nose. "Ah, yes, Gai’s been teaching me to replace him one day." Though it was true I couldn’t say it was my dream, I didn’t want to spend life her doing this. "He’s er…. busy right now, but I’ll give your horse the same care he would." I assured her with a smile. Gai was lucky I was covering his name while he slept, I was pretty sure he could be fired for that, then what would we do?

Woards 137
Back to top Go down
Kazakura
Respected Elder
Kazakura

Female

PostSubject: Re: Simplicity is the Key (Great Temple)   Simplicity is the Key (Great Temple) EmptyWed Feb 10, 2010 9:52 pm

"Are you here hoping to learn the ways of the order, or is it just a job?" I ask as I watch him handle my stallion. My mind wandered a bit for a moment. I was tired and my rear end was a bit sore from the long ride. Tomorrow it would be a long day of meetings but the night would be fun. Girl time in the hot springs. Yuna had either better be here already or be arriving soon. It would not be a girls night without her. I was sure that the no one knew of our night time towel fights every year. It was just a way to relax.
Back to top Go down
Strayed
Intern
Strayed

Male

PostSubject: Re: Simplicity is the Key (Great Temple)   Simplicity is the Key (Great Temple) EmptyTue Feb 23, 2010 2:58 pm

I walked the horse into its stall and turned him around to face out. While I fiddle with removing the saddle I spoke.
"Heh not really sure, I just … Well I wish I could do something great one day, besides this." I said setting the saddle on the edge of the stall. I stared at it a moment, day dreaming a bit before catching my self and raising my eyes to meet her with a cheerful smile.
"Not that this isn’t fun," I said with a chuckle as I backed out of the stall and shut the gate, giving the horse one more pat. "I do envy you though, you have a chance to make as difference."

Words 118

OOC: Apologies, still without a computer. Simplicity is the Key (Great Temple) Icon_cry
Back to top Go down
Kazakura
Respected Elder
Kazakura

Female

PostSubject: Re: Simplicity is the Key (Great Temple)   Simplicity is the Key (Great Temple) EmptyWed Feb 24, 2010 4:57 pm

"Anyone can make a difference." I reply to his comment. Slipping down from the wall of the stall, I move over to him. "Did you want to become a priest? You seem to have the heart." I tilted my head as I looked at him and smiled brightly. "What kind of difference is it that you search to make? Perhaps you have a destiny with the order." I closed my eyes and the pendant flared as I shifted through time for a moment in the future. I knew his answers before he said them and I smiled. Perhaps this boy would one day do some good. "You have a touch of destiny boy." I held my hand out to him to take. "Would you like to learn?"
Back to top Go down
Strayed
Intern
Strayed

Male

PostSubject: Re: Simplicity is the Key (Great Temple)   Simplicity is the Key (Great Temple) EmptyWed Feb 24, 2010 6:55 pm

I looked up at her with a hopeful smile “You really think so?” I laughed it off a bit not wanting to get my hopes too high. “I’m not sure how I could be of much help, I mean I don’t have any special powers. But I’d do any to be a priest” it was what I wanted more than anything, to help people. There was a loud yawn as Gai pulled him self from the lump of hay and stretched I glanced back as he cracked his back into place and did an old man grumble.
“Ah you’re right he will be a great priest, if he stops questioning him self.” The old man said and then I felt the sharp thud of his stick against my head.
“Ow! Gai! What was that for!?” I yelled rubbing my head.
“Its part of your training, how can you be anything if you can’t even dodge a simple stick? Hm?” Gai asked and I had to admit he had a point there. Gai turned to Kazakura “eh, maybe you’d like to rethink that, he’s bit slow.” Gai said with a teasing grin. “Ahahaha….ah well but seriously, he’s a good kid. Too nice for me, if he’s going to be great he’ll need something to fight for.” He murmured in a more serious tone.

Words 222
Back to top Go down
Kazakura
Respected Elder
Kazakura

Female

PostSubject: Re: Simplicity is the Key (Great Temple)   Simplicity is the Key (Great Temple) EmptyThu Feb 25, 2010 9:13 am

I chuckled as Gai smacked him with a stick. I bowed to the old man my eyes dancing with mirth. "Greetings, old one. Tatsuko Saki sends his greetings." What I did not reveal to the youth was how I had been hit by the same man in my own youth. Rising from the bow, I look to the young man in thought. "One thing you need to know and understand. A priest never has to have wondrous magical power to be great. There a many of the order who do not possess a single drop of magic, but are known for the great deeds." I grew serious as I spoke to him. "Do you know who I am boy?" most likely not but I would let him answer. He may just think I am a simple priestess. Gai would know alright. "Your first lesson boy, It is not how you do those great things that matters. But that you do them and with goodness in your heart." I looked over his head and nodded to Gai. I turned around and walked out an eyebrow raised as I listened to see if he would follow. Knowing the old man, he would be shoved out to follow if he did not get the hint of my teaching his first lesson. I would continue to stroll towards the temple and up the great steps.
Back to top Go down
Strayed
Intern
Strayed

Male

PostSubject: Re: Simplicity is the Key (Great Temple)   Simplicity is the Key (Great Temple) EmptyThu Feb 25, 2010 3:59 pm

I gave my head one more rub, I couldn’t feel a bump but it still stung a bit as I looked back over to them. I listened to her as she spoke of deeds and magic having nothing to do with each other, and felt silly for assuming that to be great you needed power. As she left I stared a moment, she didn’t look familiar was I supposed to know who she was? While I was thinking I realized that she was still walking away and dashed forward.
"Wait, who are you?" I called after then stopped and looked back to Gai. I wondered if he had really meant what he’d said about me making a good priest.
"Where you serious or just messing with me?" I asked. Gai looked over and gave a faint shrug.
"Why listen to me, after all I’m just a crazy old man, now get out of here before I remember where I put my stick." He said with a low chuckle. I gave him a soft smile turned to catch up with the priestess.
"Hey wait!"

Words 183
Back to top Go down
Kazakura
Respected Elder
Kazakura

Female

PostSubject: Re: Simplicity is the Key (Great Temple)   Simplicity is the Key (Great Temple) EmptyFri Feb 26, 2010 9:44 am

As the youth ran to catch up, I smiled to myself. He would do. I make my way into the temple just as he catches up. I make my way into the clerk's office and bow politely. "Second lesson. Watch and wait. The more you talk, the less you hear and see." This was said with an air of seriousness. AS the clerk blinked at the stable boy. "High Priestess, why did you bring him in here."
"He has potential, Everett."
"A Stable Boy!!!!"
"Priests can come from any walk of life." My eyebrow raised in the quizzical look, as I glanced back to the boy.
"As you say High Priestess." The clerk unrolls a scroll and I smile at him in gratitude. The clerk hands a brush and ink stone to the boy. "Sign your name here." he points to a spot on the bottom of the scroll. "You can write your name, correct?" his tone was a bit condescending and stepped back to let the boy have his dream. "Everett, I will take him to my temple."
Back to top Go down
Strayed
Intern
Strayed

Male

PostSubject: Re: Simplicity is the Key (Great Temple)   Simplicity is the Key (Great Temple) EmptySun Feb 28, 2010 1:42 am

As I followed her inside excitement surged through my body. Despite that fact, I tried to listen to her words carefully as she spoke. I stopped by her side and watched and waited just like she had suggested. I wondered for a moment if she was implying that I talked too much. While I was reflecting on the nature and meaning of what she meant I did manage to catch the word stable boy tossed around and focused back in on the conversation at hand. So much for listening I thought defeatedly to myself, though she had said watch, nothing about listening. She was nice enough to defend me against Everett’s harsh assumptions that made a warm smile cross my lips that I directed towards the clerk. The smile was cut short by a shocked stare when the words High priestess got put into play. I tried to shake it off as the clerk asked if I was able to write.
“Uh yeah actually I can.” I said Retrieving the smile from earlier. Surprisingly some of Gai’s teachings had come in handy, granted I never used that skill much in my line of work. I scribbled my name on the scroll. My characters were not the most elegant thing, but legible at lest. I stepped back to study the scroll, and then cast a glance back to the priestess as she stated I would be returning with her. Although this was the first I’d heard of that I didn’t argue, and simply smiled once more as if I’d already had a clue as to what was going on.

Words 268
Back to top Go down
Kazakura
Respected Elder
Kazakura

Female

PostSubject: Re: Simplicity is the Key (Great Temple)   Simplicity is the Key (Great Temple) EmptySun Feb 28, 2010 9:06 pm

Everett rolls up the scroll with a clucking noise. "He is all yours, High priestess" I smiled and turned around, hooking the younger man by the elbow and almost dragging him out with me. The smile fell from my face as I got the serious look again. "You said you wanted to do great things. Now here is your chance. Go pack your things, as Gai for a horse, have mine ready as well. We will ride to my temple in an hour." I smile warmly at him and shoo him off. It was time for me to make my report and get the items I needed for the temple. I sighed as I thought about going for all of this stuff. I was now in charge of another youngster. At least the old man would be glad to have someone to knock around while training. I had gotten too quick for him in his old age. As the boy goes off I would get my things done and meet him in the courtyard to take him all the way back to the temple of time.

-exit rp-
claim my wc hun.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Simplicity is the Key (Great Temple)   Simplicity is the Key (Great Temple) Empty

Back to top Go down

Simplicity is the Key (Great Temple)
Page 1 of 1