Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

H2H Content Site ( Mirror ) - New Content Added 11/22!

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Temple of Shinjo(Psyre, Closed)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
DarkKnightCecil
Respected Elder
DarkKnightCecil

Male
Number of posts : 1215
Rep! : 21
Registration date : 2009-02-18

Temple of Shinjo(Psyre, Closed) Empty
PostSubject: Temple of Shinjo(Psyre, Closed)   Temple of Shinjo(Psyre, Closed) EmptyTue Apr 27, 2010 2:57 pm

Adrian stood there, his face hidden behind the mask of Fu Leng. In his hand was the Devil's Teardrop, and several monks stood around him, each wielding different weaponry. Staff, Tonfa, kama, etc. There were several weapon types in the hands of his targets. The monks of this particular order were said to have been slain by a demon lord, but here they were before him. They stared at the dark haired intruder, his weapon glowing darkly in his left hand. He waited patiently, his eyes focused on the enemy before him but he just smirked under his skull mask.

The temple was tall, several stories high with gargantuan statues at each corner, supporting the building but each was different. The Temple of Death, the ancient and masterful art beautiful despite the fact that the deity of this particular temple was the "god" of death. He walked forward, spinning the Devil's Teardrop in his hand as he moved. He shot forward, vanishing before appearing behind a man with a tree section staff. His blade came back, reversed in his grip before driving it right into the monk's back, and out his chest. Adrian didn't hesitate, retracting his blade before he turned, catching the curved blade of the kama that came toward him. His right arm shifted, raising above his head to catch the blade. The back of his hand caught the flat of the black bladed weapon, adding to the support to the catch.

The monks were good. After he'd shown his speed they'd kicked up their own speed. He surmised this would be the same level of power as his own artifact activation. But he would need to be careful none the less. He had no intention of activating his artifact, but was instead intent on making this fight difficult for himself. If he had to go all out for these guys, what hope did he have against Domen'Yun. Rubi was sitting not far away, watching them as she sighed. She didn't like the fact that he was killing needlessly, but he had to get stronger.

(347/347)
Back to top Go down
Psi Prince
Mystic Moogle
Psi Prince

Male
Number of posts : 2610
Rep! : 96
Registration date : 2009-03-02

PostSubject: Re: Temple of Shinjo(Psyre, Closed)   Temple of Shinjo(Psyre, Closed) EmptyTue Apr 27, 2010 5:28 pm

Standing in the center of the bodies, the golden haired man looks at me with a dark smile. "I need not ask what you crave, young master. It is completely clear to me. Your greed is great for you want so much. You want bloodshed. You want your wealth back. You want your power back. I can help you obtain all of that. If you are willing to do something for me." I look at him and snap my fingers on my right hand loudly and he looks at me. Suddenly, he drops to a knee and I turn to face him. "I am in no mood for riddles. You had me ambushed, so explain to me why I should not just tear you apart?"

The Onisu Summon speaks in return, "You don't like to waste good resources. Allow me to aid you and I will show you the path to an abundance of coin. You will need that coin to create everything you are envisioning. I can feel that your powers are limited and when you need me, I can lay waste to your enemies for you. What do you say?" My telekinetic pressure releases and he is able to rise back to his feet. "I'm listening." The Onisu known as Settozai speaks and tells me that there is a temple to the distant north. I would like to see it reduced to rubble. It is attributed to a death spirit. It is a vile desecration of this land and this realm. The spirit's followers are rumored to be brought back from the dead. They are abominations."

While I can't say that I truly care about this death spirit, I am in the mood to fight even more now that I've gotten warmed up. The Mark of Settozai glows on the back of my right hand and I nod to him. "Let us begin our newfound friendship. Just remember that your greed now serves me." Settozai nods, provides me with the location of this temple, and vanishes from sight. When he vanishes, the mark which is a large golden coin pulses with energy for a while before he settles to look like a tattoo. With the information, I need it is time to challenge a death spirit.

407 words
Back to top Go down
DarkKnightCecil
Respected Elder
DarkKnightCecil

Male

PostSubject: Re: Temple of Shinjo(Psyre, Closed)   Temple of Shinjo(Psyre, Closed) EmptyTue Apr 27, 2010 7:06 pm

Adrian shifted, his body vanishing, only to reappear elsewhere, beside another person. His blade flashed out, the black metal of the Devil's Teardrop reflecting the light of the torches lighting the area he was currently in. His blade skittered along the ground as he brought it up, tearing a long line in the ground. Ten feet wide, fifty feet long, the ground, dirt, and very wind itself assaulted the monks that were within the area. He shot forward, his blade flashing out in a trio of strikes, the monks who were still falling, crying out as he cut them in half, or took parts of them off, before he spun, catching his sword against the hook of one of the monk's blades. The weapon flew from his hand as the monk jerked and kicked Adrian in the chest, throwing him to the ground.

Rolling to his feet, Adrian grunted as a Tetsubo slammed into the ground where his head had been. The iron warclub in the man's hands seemed much too large for the average person to use, but this monk was swinging it around one handed like it was nothing. Adrian shot forward, his left arm coming back before he brought his weapon to him in a swirl of black mist. Tonfa were weapons he'd never encountered. Though he knew that they had to get close to attack with them. But a Tetsubo, he'd encountered many of them. They crushed, and smashed. They had a weakness to them. But most were also designed with spikes to pierce at the same time. And this one was no different. Adrian brought the weapon around as his opponent brought the Tetsubo up. As it came down Adrian passed the other male, taking his arm off at the shoulder before he turned to the last remaining monk.

"You would dare defy death!? Lady Shinjo watches over us! She wont allow us to die." the monk said, shaking in terror.

"Death has forsaken you. Shinjo has fled this place before my power. I will hunt her and my other siblings one by one. I will strike them where they feel it the most. In their children. One by one they will fall to my sword, and my power! If you want to live... run away. Flee now and never return to this place. Spread the word. The blackest night falls from the skies. The darkness grows as all light dies! I crave your hearts and your demise! By my black hand the dead shall rise! FLEE!" he said.

With that the monk ran, his body moving as quickly as his legs could carry him from the swordsman, terror having filled him.

(447/794)
Back to top Go down
Psi Prince
Mystic Moogle
Psi Prince

Male

PostSubject: Re: Temple of Shinjo(Psyre, Closed)   Temple of Shinjo(Psyre, Closed) EmptyTue Apr 27, 2010 11:54 pm

The column of energy engulfs me and I find myself removed from the Great Forest of the West. When I appear again, I am levitating above the ground with the temple to my right and a monk running for his life. Shaking my head, I descend to the monk. He stops upon witnessing the black cloak that conceals my form and I look at the young swordsman. There is a hint of familiarity as I gaze upon him. His features seem somewhat familiar but that sword. I have seen that sword before. The monk asks me to save the temple from the swordsman and I smirk, "You are not devoted to your cause enough. Your brethren have died and you would flee like a wounded dog from one man. You serve death supposedly, but you fear its embrace. Such a disgrace to your order. You should make amends for that dishonor." The monk's resolve is steeled by my words and he charges back at the lone swordsman with a sickle in each hand. Now while I am sure that he is charging to his death, I really don't care. I ignore the result of his charge expecting to hear the finals sounds of his demise at any moment.

My steps carry me towards the door to this temple. "So this is the temple of the Spirit of Death and one swordsman alone was able to best the gate guards? Perhaps, I should wake them up." I grin at the door and focus my Telekinetix on trying to force open the doorway. At the same time, I scan the area trying to find something to throw at the door like a boulder or something...

300/707
Back to top Go down
DarkKnightCecil
Respected Elder
DarkKnightCecil

Male

PostSubject: Re: Temple of Shinjo(Psyre, Closed)   Temple of Shinjo(Psyre, Closed) EmptyWed Apr 28, 2010 12:15 am

"WATCH OUT!" Rubi shouted.

Adrian turned, surprised that the monk had decided to attack. He just shrugged. He could always choose another inside to send the message. He brought his weapon back and waited.When the man was inside his striking distance Adrian's blade came up, but never touched the Monk. Instead the force of the swing threw the man back and caused cuts to appear on the man's body, tearing at his clothing. As the male flew back a tear appeared in the ground going out a good fifty feet before Adrian turned and walked toward the temple.

"SHINJO! I'M COMING FOR YOU! YOUR PATHETIC CHILDREN CAN'T STOP ME!" he shouted, angrily as he walked toward the temple. "I'LL SLAUGHTER EVERY SINGLE ONE OF YOU!"

(125/919)
Back to top Go down
Psi Prince
Mystic Moogle
Psi Prince

Male

PostSubject: Re: Temple of Shinjo(Psyre, Closed)   Temple of Shinjo(Psyre, Closed) EmptyWed Apr 28, 2010 12:54 am

Hearing the loud yelling coming from behind me while I'm trying to concentrate on opening the door and as the door begins to creak open, his voice gets closer. Looking off to the side, I realize that trying to forcibly open the door with just Telekinetix will take too much of my energy, so it would be smarter to use that big boulder right there. Glancing at it and trying to tune out the ranting of this young man, the boulder lifts into the air and for a couple of seconds, I contemplate squashing him, but decide against it since this mortal has done nothing to wrong me. The boulder is hurled at the door with the intention of smashing it open.

Regardless of the effectiveness of the telekinetic hurl, I would glance back at this young swordsman, "Who is Shinjo and why are you making so much noise?" Turning my attention back to the door, a sutra card appears in my hand. Hopefully it is time to play as the impact of the boulder stirs sound inside. The grin returns to my face. This should be interesting.

194/901
Back to top Go down
DarkKnightCecil
Respected Elder
DarkKnightCecil

Male

PostSubject: Re: Temple of Shinjo(Psyre, Closed)   Temple of Shinjo(Psyre, Closed) EmptyWed Apr 28, 2010 10:19 pm

Adrian ignored Psyre as he moved toward the temple, his blade spinning in his hand lightly as he walked. His body moved forward before he rushed through the open gates, his body vanishing before he reappeared disappearing into the temple.

"COME OUT, SHINJO! YOU CLAIM TO BE THE GODDESS OF DEATH AND YET HERE I STAND BEFORE YOU! DEATH MANIFEST! COME SISTER! COME AND FACE DEATH INCARNATE! THE SHADOW DRAGON IS HERE!" he shouted, as if someone were hiding from him. "COWARD! YOU WOULD FLEE BEFORE ME AND LEAVE YOUR CHILDREN TO BE SLAUGHTERED!? SO BE IT!"

Growling low in his throat he began trembling as the shadows around him swirled and began to form long robes around him. The cloth-like shadows formed over him as his hair grayed falling out as his skin decayed, falling from his body as the hood formed. The deep hood had blood red orbs glowing within it as the transformation finished. His right arm was all that was left, blood red bones gripping the black sword within it's grasp.

(175/1,094)
Back to top Go down
Psi Prince
Mystic Moogle
Psi Prince

Male

PostSubject: Re: Temple of Shinjo(Psyre, Closed)   Temple of Shinjo(Psyre, Closed) EmptyThu Apr 29, 2010 3:38 am

With the doors open by the large boulder colliding with them, I watch as the swordsman dashes forward. As he continues his ranting, I begin to confirm for myself that he is most likely certifiable and that I might want to allow him his delusions of grandeur. Whatever happens though, I will not call him crazy because I was told that crazy people don't like being called crazy. I merely walk inside and allow him to engage the guards and monks who are sure to be en route to deal with the intrusion.

Looking around myself, I become curious about potential weak points or combinations of things within this room that I will be able to utilize as weapons and tools to cause a lot of damage in this should my position be overrun and my newfound distraction finds his ranting self killed. Looking at him, I notice that he seems a bit different, but I don't let it bother me at all.

167/1068
Back to top Go down
DarkKnightCecil
Respected Elder
DarkKnightCecil

Male

PostSubject: Re: Temple of Shinjo(Psyre, Closed)   Temple of Shinjo(Psyre, Closed) EmptyThu Apr 29, 2010 2:41 pm

As the guards came at him he brought the weapon back before bringing it down as he'd done before. Several of them were thrown off their feet by the swing of his blade as he began to 'float' forward toward them slowly. Another group of three came from a side door, but he just waved his sword, once again blasting these new comers off their feet. This caused hesitancy in some, but others that were much stronger in faith charged him. He glanced down when one of them brought his club across his head. The hood tore away from him, revealing the red skull under it before he swung, the weapon coming up cleaving the club wielder's arms off at the elbow. He seemed to be serious now. They could hit him as hard as they wanted. But try as they might in this form they stood very little chance. But as he stood there, he began laughing. Those closest to him extending to a good ten feet away were frozen, trembling as they gazed upon the skeletal figure before them. But the hood formed around the skull once more. Though they didn't seem to recover from the fear induced paralysis that had swept them.

"Before the Shadow Dragon's strength... Shinjo has fled this place... This holy ground is sacred no more. You will find no protection from death, children of Shinjo. Bow before your master, surrender your souls to the Shadow Dragon, and I will allow you to live out the rest of your miserable existence. But if you resist further... If even ONE of you resists, I will spare none. The very Air around you is my weapon, and you will all die if you resist... Your dear friends here can see how they will die. Seek forgiveness, and be judged." he said, his voice much darker and warped than it had been before the transformation.

(318/1,412)
Back to top Go down
Psi Prince
Mystic Moogle
Psi Prince

Male

PostSubject: Re: Temple of Shinjo(Psyre, Closed)   Temple of Shinjo(Psyre, Closed) EmptyFri Apr 30, 2010 5:31 pm

Well these guys are uneventful, the acolytes stay their position and one robed figure approaches with two serrated looking curved short swords. Looking closely at the blades, they actually seem to be linked together. This should be interesting. The movements are graceful as if made by pure air and wind. The figure is not all that tall standing maybe five foot seven at best. Their hood scans left to right at the bodies and the freshly fallen corpses move back towards the outskirts of this close to medium range between the new arrival and the hooded swordsman who seems to truly be a skeleton of some sort. A green and black mist covers the bodies of the fallen and their chest begin to rise and fall. The figure speaks and their voice is distinctly female, but has a ferocity to it, "Fled? From you? Your disrespect has angered my master and your remains shall pay the forfeit. Let us see what you are capable of now..."

Her image flickers and when she reappears on the other side of Adrian (behind you and slightly to the right), the sound of reconnecting metal can be heard (Passing Slash).

From my vantage point, this is going to be interesting. She definitely seems much faster than he is, but I suspect, he will not fall easily. I just stand here and watch not wanting to be a distraction to them or interfere. I suppose, I could tour this temple while they are fighting and see if I find anything worth looking at or reading. So while these two fight, I start walking around. Most of the monks seem very focused on their seemingly reviving brethren and the battle between this Temple Champion and the boastful intruder. I do note that there are certain critical areas that I could attack to create enough damage to enable my escape should I need such. So I wonder what is in this temple as I look at the walls while I hover away from the fight.

354/1412
Back to top Go down
DarkKnightCecil
Respected Elder
DarkKnightCecil

Male

PostSubject: Re: Temple of Shinjo(Psyre, Closed)   Temple of Shinjo(Psyre, Closed) EmptyFri Apr 30, 2010 6:07 pm

The temple.perfectly square on the outside, with statues of various warriors, along the walls, supporting the building was different inside. The main cloister was an open marble floor with an opening that went all the way to the roof, twenty stories high. The building was gargantuan. Every floor was different, the first five were quarters, the ones above that were training halls, meditation chambers and other such things. At the very top floor was a gargantuan shrine with a golden statue of two horses rearing back, hooves pressing together. Coming from the horses, the riders arms raised, supporting a large naganita, the weapon legendary among the people of the Temple of Death.

The walls of the main cloister are adorned with various symbols, all of them designed as if telling a story, in a language that only the people of this temple knew.

Adrian began to laugh as the shadows around him were slashed, before they formed once again around him, restoring the cloak just like the hood had done. For the moment that it took for the shadows to reform the red skeleton of his mid section was revealed. But he wasn't laughing because she was attacking or making things more obvious. He was laughing because he knew exactly what she was.

"A Battle Maiden... I see... You must be of the Utaku family. I would recognize that fighting style anywhere." he said, turning, the blade spinning in his hand as he waited. "So be it, Utaku... You have doomed your fellow clansmen. Your friends wont survive because Shinjo has fled before her brother. I am Fu Leng, the Shadow Dragon, given human form. Human flesh. I have ALL of my strengths and none of the weaknesses your beloved master is subject to. I am beyond the will of the heavens. They may call any they wish back... They may beg and fight. But I have crafted my own world. And my forces are already moving on this one! Unlike Shinjo, Akodo, or ANY OTHER CHILDREN OF AMATERASU AND ONNOTANGU! She has fled before me, leaving you alone to stand against me. None of your dear friends will come. None!" he said, growling as he stood there.

Drawing his blade back he vanished, reappearing beside the champion before he brought the blade down toward where her neck would be. But as he brought it down he willed the air around it to warp, readying the strike. A point blank shot. If she managed to dodge the others in the way would be cut up. Even among the people here, they could only live so long. They could flee the embrace of death all they wanted. But eventually there would be too little of them to revive. If she didn't then she would either lose her head, or if she was lucky, be flung toward the door to the temple. The champions of each Kami were powerful. But even then the champions of the Kami were only human.

(498/1,910)
Back to top Go down
Psi Prince
Mystic Moogle
Psi Prince

Male

PostSubject: Re: Temple of Shinjo(Psyre, Closed)   Temple of Shinjo(Psyre, Closed) EmptySun May 02, 2010 1:35 am

She had no patience to listen to the fool rant and rant in some long monologue. His body had some form of damage reduction, but it was apparent that he wasn't impervious to damage. Once he starts his ramble about some Utaku or whatever he was talking about, the cold sting of Death would approach him and form all around him as he speaks. It would encase his legs first so that even if he tried to moved that would be slowed and difficult at best. If his legs were entrapped by the cold, then his arms would begin to numb and his throat would feel the bite of the frost after that. The Champion of the Temple wanted him to feel his movement trapped, suffer from the inability to quickly reach for his weapon and difficulty speaking any further. In short, this would be a Coldbind gripping him!

If the Coldbind grips or slows him, iyce would start to encircle him almost instantly after with inward tilted spikes surrounding him. There would be no monologue from the champion. The time for talking had long ended and she cared not for idle threats towards him or his family if he had any. She did find the thought of him being on equal ground with her Master completely laughable, but she would stay that laughter until he was lying on his back or stomach bleeding out and begging for her to bring about a swift death to end his suffering and forgive his impotence. The spikes would all thrust at him looking to magically impale him (Iycerush).

Known Packages of Champion:
Weapon Melee
Iyce

~~~~
I am intrigued to find that this temple's weapon of death is a naginata. I don't think I have ever seen a group favor it as a weapon of killing, but generally a guard's weapon. Perhaps, they are the embodiment of the merciful death. Though it begs the question, if they are the merciful death then why would Settozai want them dead. Looking over the scriptures on the wall, I attempt to understand them, but the language escapes me. Part of me doesn't want to destroy this place, just so that I could have the opportunity to study these stories. Regardless of the point of view, it is always interesting to see what others believe.

Continuing on this nice little walk, I turn the corner and begin down a hall. There has to be something of interest here and since Settozai is silent, even the mark isn't glowing right now, I just continue to explore. Maybe I'll come across an armory or treasure room of some sort or even a library. Looking down at my right hand, I ponder telepathically, hoping to connect with the spirit, "Why am I here? So far there are acolytes, a crazy half dead or undead swordsman on some tirade, an alright looking Champion of this temple to someone I have never heard of, and a temple with no treasure or anything, so why exactly am I here, Settozai?" The Onisu remains silent at the moment.

528/1940
Back to top Go down
DarkKnightCecil
Respected Elder
DarkKnightCecil

Male

PostSubject: Re: Temple of Shinjo(Psyre, Closed)   Temple of Shinjo(Psyre, Closed) EmptyThu May 20, 2010 9:28 pm

"BAEeeneay-fuoh de-raah mae-ha-te" Adrian said, his voice dark.

From the sleeves of the shadow-like robes flew Sutra cards. As they slid into place over a fifty foot area the spell binding him vanished before the swordsman turned reaper vanished(Godspeed). He reappeared behind the champion before he brought his blade up to slash across her back(Normal strike; fierce damage). But he didn't hesitate to keep moving. She was going to have to keep up with him and while she was in the anti magical field created by his sutra cards her spells were as good as wasting air. His body shot around beside another monk, before he shoved the monk forward using them like a veil as he brought the sword back. He brought it up, the tip of the blade skittering against stone floor before the air was unleashed as a weapon once more. If the feint had been accurate the monk wouldn't be in the way enough to block the vortex-like strike, that his sword created with just the slash(Sonic Blade).

"You can't stop me! Shinjo herself couldn't stop me!" he declared.

--------

The scriptures on the walls of the temples told the story of eight kami that fell to the Earth, before they began going their separate ways. The scriptures focused on the fallen Kami Shinjo. About this same Kami building the temple around them, infusing a stone inside it with her essence. So somewhere in the temple was the object that kept the monks there alive and well. But even then the stone's powers had to regenerate somehow. Then again there wasn't much there about the Kami after that. It mostly went on to her disciples and people referred to as her 'children', and other such people of great importance.

(292/2,202)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Temple of Shinjo(Psyre, Closed)   Temple of Shinjo(Psyre, Closed) Empty

Back to top Go down

Temple of Shinjo(Psyre, Closed)
Page 1 of 1