Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

H2H Content Site ( Mirror ) - New Content Added 11/22!

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Legends and Lore(Rune)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
DarkKnightCecil
Respected Elder
DarkKnightCecil

Male
Number of posts : 1215
Rep! : 21
Registration date : 2009-02-18

Legends and Lore(Rune) Empty
PostSubject: Legends and Lore(Rune)   Legends and Lore(Rune) EmptyThu Feb 11, 2010 2:40 am

Legends and Lore(Rune) Adrian10

Adrian sat under a tree, his legs folded under him as he wrote patiently in a leather bound book. He was very much lost in his work. He may not have been in college anymore but he was still very much a student. He was a student of demons, he had changed his method of studying. He had been inside an area full of forgotten ruins near by that was in ruins. It was a haven of knowledge. He'd decided to stay near, but had chosen to stay outside so that he didn't draw unwanted creatures to the place.

Of the Oni Lords the creature known as The Maw is second only to the First Oni in raw might. The Maw once humbled the clans of men and almost destroyed them, but his own arrogance reduced him to impotence. The Maw united all of the forces of the Oni Lords under his command by the simple expedient of killing any who would not obey him and overran the forces of even his greatest of enemies. But at the Battle of the Cresting Wave, it was defeated by the strongest warriors of humanity. It's skull was seared by Kuni magic, and now is mounted over the high lord's house in Kyuuden Hiruma, a trophy of the clan's might and a reminder of their eternal duty.

After its death The Maw was sent to Jigoku knowing that its feat of destroying so many human clans had assured its place as an Oni Lord. The death of its physical form was but a setback, and it was only a matter of time before he was summoned back to the mortal realm. But that day never came. The Maw had long since killed it's original summoner - the scholar Kuni Nikoma, who had brought it forth in an act of sheer folly - and his enemies knew him only by his physical attributes, so that they called him "The Maw." No one left in the mortal realm knew its true name; therefore there was no one left with the knowledge of how to summon it.

The Maw, when it had a physical form, was a massive being, with powerful muscles flowing under a thick, scaled skin. It appeared as a vaguely reptilian humanoid with a huge dragon-like head, it's dark eyes protected by a bone ridge its huge maw, where it likely got it's name, filled with rows of razor-sharp obsidian teeth. Vicious spikes adorned its spine and limbs, which ended in powerful talons. A mighty tail ending in a cluster of barbed spikes, competed its arsenal of weapon. It's voice, according to the legend, was oily and deep and could inspire fear even the bravest of warrior, a characteristic that The Maw still retains.

"Interesting. It's almost like a demonic fairy tale. A fable told to make sure mistakes were not repeated." Adrian said out loud.

It was interesting that someone would tell this legend. But at the same time Adrian was curious to find out if there was a way to summon the creature. He knew he'd need the name of the creature, but demonic names could be long and very nearly impossible to figure out. It would take a long time to figure it out, but since he now knew where this place was he could study it while he was where he was. At least if he could learn everything he could out here then when he returned home he could look into more legends and try to find the name of the creature known, to man, as "The Maw."

(600/600)
Back to top Go down
яuиє
Ascended Tonberry
яuиє

Male
Number of posts : 3978
Rep! : 82
Registration date : 2009-01-02

PostSubject: Re: Legends and Lore(Rune)   Legends and Lore(Rune) EmptyThu Feb 11, 2010 3:42 am

Humming softly to myself I carry a faint smile upon my face as I make my way through the woods. Carefully I shifted my gaze from side to side as I looked over the forest around me, searching out any sign of life that may be in the area, both looking for something that may be wishing to harm me and perhaps someone to talk with or something to do. Along with my gaze I also searched with my ability to sense the spiritual presence of things around me, checking the strengths of everything that comes with in range of my sensing ability. When something came up that seemed rather familiar I paused mid step and glanced around for a moment. It took a second but I realized that the one I am sensing is the swordsman I ran into a while back, Adrian.. Ever since our last battle I had been working on getting stronger so when I did run into him again I would be able to fight him more equally and perhaps now is the best time to test such a thing.. I smile a bit more as I decided to go see what Adrian is doing. As I begin to move again I adjust and make my way to where I am sensing Adrian, still humming lightly to myself as I move along through the woods. In no true hurry to get to him, if he happens to move I can follow after him if needed, though it would be interesting to get the drop on him and perhaps land a sneak attack or something like that, if I am able to.

Post WC: 276
Total WC: 276
Back to top Go down
DarkKnightCecil
Respected Elder
DarkKnightCecil

Male

PostSubject: Re: Legends and Lore(Rune)   Legends and Lore(Rune) EmptyThu Feb 11, 2010 5:28 pm

Adrian stood as he wrote in his journal, heading back toward the ruins. He stopped and turned, frowning when he thought he'd heard something. Shrugging it off he headed back to where the legend of "The Maw" was. He ran his hands across the wall with the information on it. It was literally a trick of the eye. From a distance the writing looked like a picture but up close it could be seen for what it was. Adrian ran his hands across the glyphs there and frowned as he looked at them. He knew them, his grandmother had practically beaten them into his head as a child. They were a secret language for himself and his grandmother, something she could pass messages along and never alert the people that were almost always at the house. Sighing lightly he folded his arms over his chest. He wasn't very happy because there was a line in the middle of it that he couldn't translate. Or rather he could but it didn't make any sense.

(173/773)
Back to top Go down
яuиє
Ascended Tonberry
яuиє

Male

PostSubject: Re: Legends and Lore(Rune)   Legends and Lore(Rune) EmptyThu Feb 11, 2010 6:05 pm

Legends and Lore(Rune) Nova_p10
Making my way through the woods I glanced around from time to time as I continued on my pace, still humming lightly to myself. I could sense Adrian's spiritual presence getting closer and closer as I continued to move in his direction. As I finally made my way into the area where I had been sensing Adrian I step from the forest and into a clearing and pause for a moment, glancing around before I look to where I am sensing Adrian. " Hmmm... " I said as I gazed at the ruins before me. " Adrian? " I called out to the human I had come here to see. After calling out for him I slowly scanned over the ruins as I waited to see if he would respond to me, the last time we had parted ways we did so under hostile terms you could say and now that I had ran into him again I expected to duel him once again to not only test my skill but also make sure he does not kill me.

Post WC: 179
Total WC: 455
Legends and Lore(Rune) Nova_p12
Back to top Go down
DarkKnightCecil
Respected Elder
DarkKnightCecil

Male

PostSubject: Re: Legends and Lore(Rune)   Legends and Lore(Rune) EmptyThu Feb 11, 2010 7:31 pm

"I'm over here." he called from the wall of The Maw.

There were several others some collapsed, some still standing. Some had writing, others had faded to time. Adrian was writing everything that was on the wall in front of him, word for word. He needed it written so that when they were not going to be lost to time when, or if, he got back to his time. This way he could return and try to figure out what had happened to this place. With technology in the future it wasn't impossible to find out what happens in places like this, but without the writing there was no way to tell that any reports were accurate. Besides if he had any chance to discover what the creature's name was he had to learn it here.

(136/909)
Back to top Go down
яuиє
Ascended Tonberry
яuиє

Male

PostSubject: Re: Legends and Lore(Rune)   Legends and Lore(Rune) EmptyThu Feb 11, 2010 8:15 pm

When I heard a response from Adrian I glanced in the direction I heard his voice. Well, he wasn't saying die or anything like that so maybe he didn't want to fight right now. Now that he had spoke up to where he ws I followed the sound of his voice and what I was sensing and made my way over to where he is. As I came up on where he is I noticed the wall with all the glyphs on it and looked at it for a moment before turning my attention back to Adrian, " .. What is that there? " I asked, turning my attention away from Adrian as I moved up to the wall and reached out with a hand and placed it upon the wall and slowly ran my hand over the carvings on the wall.

Post WC: 142
Back to top Go down
DarkKnightCecil
Respected Elder
DarkKnightCecil

Male

PostSubject: Re: Legends and Lore(Rune)   Legends and Lore(Rune) EmptyThu Feb 11, 2010 9:18 pm

"Do you mean the image or the writing hidden in it?" he asked looking up occasionally as he wrote.

Kneeling he dusted part off near the bottom and began writing again. When he was finished with that one he stepped back and began moving slowly toward the next set of glyphs. He frowned as he wrote. It was faded and hard to read as he sat there. His pen was starting to run low on ink. He as kicking himself for not having an extra one. He sat down as he stared at the faded markings. These didn't make sense at all. Where as the legend of "The Maw" had only one line that didn't make sense.

(117/1,026)
Back to top Go down
яuиє
Ascended Tonberry
яuиє

Male

PostSubject: Re: Legends and Lore(Rune)   Legends and Lore(Rune) EmptyThu Feb 11, 2010 10:03 pm

When he asked which I looked to him for a moment before lifting my gaze back to the wall and shrug, " Both I guess? " I ask as I continue sliding my hand over the wall. As I moved my hand over the wall I spoke up again, " And he shall give his only begotten son the power to both destroy and create. " I said as I moved my hand over the glyphs and as I finished speaking I glanced to Adrian. I was just speaking nonsense from the top of my head, I doubt I have any ability to read the glyphs. I glance to Adrian to see what he is doing after I spoke, though he probably knew exactly what they meant already, he seemed to be reading and writing them down in some book.

Post WC: 140
Back to top Go down
DarkKnightCecil
Respected Elder
DarkKnightCecil

Male

PostSubject: Re: Legends and Lore(Rune)   Legends and Lore(Rune) EmptyFri Feb 12, 2010 1:36 am

"The creature is known only as 'The Maw'. Its true name was lost to time when it killed the only person that knew it and didn't tell it to anyone else." he said, sitting there, as he wrote. "The words are its legend."

He paused what he was doing in mid sentence as his pen ran out. He growled darkly as he threw the pen aside. Running a hand through his hair he sat down and closed the book. His pen was out and he didn't have any extra ink so he was fucked. Frowning he shook his head and closed his eyes. He shook his head before he reached out, running his hand across the set of symbols and glyphs, trying to understand why they would make up such a strange thing. It seemed almost like it was some kind of advertisment for KFC or something. Didn't matter but he couldn't help but wonder how it had come to what it came to.

(164/1,190)
Back to top Go down
яuиє
Ascended Tonberry
яuиє

Male

PostSubject: Re: Legends and Lore(Rune)   Legends and Lore(Rune) EmptyFri Feb 12, 2010 10:20 am

As he told me what the writing was about I nodded, looking over the wall slowly. So this was about some creature, all this writing.. I wonder if I could have a story written about me... " Novak The Great Destroyer... " I said to myself as I thought about the idea of having a story written about me. But to have my name on the wall like this one, I would have to do something great or at least something very ungreat. When I heard growling come from Adrian my attention quickly shifted to him as I turned my head to see what was going on now, was he going to start fighting now? I seen the pen fly aside as he threw it and smirked faintly. I kept my gaze fixed on Adrian as I watched him, wondering what he planed to do now. As he ran his hand across part of the glyphs I watched for a moment, " .. If he is 'The Maw' perhaps he would eat? Since his name would suggest such a thing, in a way. It isn't nothing like 'The Gobbler' or 'Gluttony'. But still could be thought of in some way like that. Maw, the great devourer or even the eater. " I pause for a moment, glancing to Adrian before looking back to the wall, " You can try and use blood you know? If need something to write with. "

Post WC: 241
Total WC: 978
Back to top Go down
DarkKnightCecil
Respected Elder
DarkKnightCecil

Male

PostSubject: Re: Legends and Lore(Rune)   Legends and Lore(Rune) EmptyFri Feb 12, 2010 9:17 pm

"The Maw is a perfect example of the folly of a demon who let his ego get the best of him. He was an Oni Lord. That means that he can be summoned time and again with the right ritual and his name. When he was summoned he killed his summoner, and thus his true name was lost. He attacked the ancient clans and slaughtered many people before he was felled by mortal man. His head was taken and his skull hung over Kyuuden Hiruma. Because he died without telling anyone else his name he cannot be restored here. And even if someone did have it, as long as that skull remains he will never be complete. He is the folly that all other Oni Lords have learned from. They wouldn't dare turn on their summoners. The Maw is named only because his mouth is full of razor sharp teeth, rows and rows of them. They didn't know it's name so they addressed it based on it's features.

"If you want a wall like this in a temple, then all you have to do is become an Oni Lord. Something only seven demons have EVER managed to do by our time. Then again.. if you were to possess Tatsumasa, you would be declared the Oni King. At least that's what the legend says." Adrian explained, as he sat there.

He sighed as he ran his hand across the glyphs within reach, frowning as he read them. Shaking his head he ran a hand through his hair before he rose to his full height. Adrian closed the book and tucked it into the robes he wore.

(275/1,465)
Back to top Go down
яuиє
Ascended Tonberry
яuиє

Male

PostSubject: Re: Legends and Lore(Rune)   Legends and Lore(Rune) EmptyFri Feb 12, 2010 9:33 pm

I glanced to Adrian as he began to speak before looking back at the wall as I listened to him. It sounded like this guy was pretty stupid, killing the one that summoned him and then getting himself killed. Surprised this guy was one of those Oni Lord things that Adrian mentioned... seems like like a lackey then a lord if he got himself killed and now he cant be brought back. As he addressed me, I glanced to him for a moment as I listened to what he had to say to me. Me, become an Oni Lord? .. That would be interesting. As he mentioned me being an Oni King I tilted my head to the side faintly. That sounded even more interesting... would that mean I rule all the oni? If there was such a thing as an Oni Lord or even an Oni King that is. As he finishes speaking I turn my attention back to the wall, " What is this 'Tatsumasa'? Some kind of weapon? "

Post WC: 172
Back to top Go down
DarkKnightCecil
Respected Elder
DarkKnightCecil

Male

PostSubject: Re: Legends and Lore(Rune)   Legends and Lore(Rune) EmptyFri Feb 12, 2010 9:44 pm

"Tatsumasa is the great sword used by the Oni King. It's kind of like the Sword in the Stone. It's so powerful that it's said that it could slay any spirit, human, or anything, with a single strike. It's said that the Oni King, the ruler of Jigoku is the only one that can weild it's energy without it draining the life from your very soul. It hungers, and it must be fed fresh souls regularly, thus only the Oni King can sate it. Unless you know of a place where there is a constant supply of fresh souls. The more souls it consumes, the stronger it gets. Of course this is only according to legend. Then again there's never been proof that Tatsumasa exists." he said, grinning darkly.

(129/1,574)
Back to top Go down
яuиє
Ascended Tonberry
яuиє

Male

PostSubject: Re: Legends and Lore(Rune)   Legends and Lore(Rune) EmptyFri Feb 12, 2010 9:58 pm

So it was a weapon, and one of great power... I wonder if it really does exist, some times legends are born of fact. If this weapon were real it could be of use to me. The only question would be am I strong enough to use it.. If I lack the strength then it would be useless until I was strong enough to use it. As he finishes speaking I nod and glance to him, " I see. And what exactly does this legend say about this weapon... perhaps where it can be found? And how to get it? " I asked as I moved closer to him before I sat down and leaned against the wall. I was beginning to grow curious about this weapon though I didn't even know if it was real.

Post WC: 136
Back to top Go down
DarkKnightCecil
Respected Elder
DarkKnightCecil

Male

PostSubject: Re: Legends and Lore(Rune)   Legends and Lore(Rune) EmptyFri Feb 12, 2010 11:53 pm

"Well according to the legends it's hidden in the lost catacombs of Kyuuden Asako. Home of lady Mirumoto Hikari, the woman who took the blade from it's master. She probably had it buried with her. Then again I don't know. The Mirumoto clan were mysterious and very dangerous. But there's no mention in anything I've ever found about a location to her tomb. But there's no way to tell if the blade is even real. If it is, then nearly nobody would be able to use it." he said, frowning gently. "Sorry to get your hopes up, Nova. But I haven't found a single clue to it's location outside of what I know. Besides if I knew where to find it do you think I'd be sitting here? I'd be getting it!"

(132/1,706)
Back to top Go down
яuиє
Ascended Tonberry
яuиє

Male

PostSubject: Re: Legends and Lore(Rune)   Legends and Lore(Rune) EmptySat Feb 13, 2010 12:09 am

As he began speaking about the legend, I listened intently to what he had to say, perhaps he knew the location of this weapon or at least the first part in the location. I sighed lightly as he talked of the blade being burred with someone, blast that wouldn't make things easy now I had to go dig up graves? When he said no one would be able to wield it I sighed lightly as I lifted a hand before my face and looked at it. If I possessed enough strength I could wield it, possibly. I turned my attention from my hand and back to Adrian as he spoke up about having no clues as to the weapons location and then he continued on about how he would be the one getting it, unfortunately he was incorrect. " A blade such as that can only be truly wielded by one of the same kin as its creator, demons. And such, no human could wield a weapon like that. " I said looking at Adrian with a faint smile, " Where is this clan located? "

Post WC: 186
Back to top Go down
DarkKnightCecil
Respected Elder
DarkKnightCecil

Male

PostSubject: Re: Legends and Lore(Rune)   Legends and Lore(Rune) EmptySat Feb 13, 2010 1:20 am

Adrian rose to his feet as he stood there, grinning. He glanced at Nova before he took off running for one of the near by trees. He ran right up the trunk, kicking off to grab a branch. Swinging his legs forward he brought himself up to land on the branch. Smirking he looked down at Nova before he kicked off the branch, throwing himself into the next tree. He called back behind him as he went higher and farther from the ruins.

"If you want to know you'll have to catch me and make me talk, fuddy duddy!" he called at the top of his lungs.

Coming out of the top of the tree Adrian shot for the next one. As he slowed in momentum he threw himself into a flip, feeling the ground under him solidify before he kicked off the ground, landing in another tree.

(148/1,854)
Back to top Go down
яuиє
Ascended Tonberry
яuиє

Male

PostSubject: Re: Legends and Lore(Rune)   Legends and Lore(Rune) EmptySat Feb 13, 2010 1:40 am

I watched Adrian as he rose from the ground, wondering what he was going to do as he glanced at me. Then he took off running, is he trying to get away from me or something? I kept my gaze fixed on Adrian as he ran to a near by tree and proceeded to get all nimbly bimbly with it and make his way up into it before looking down at me. Was he wanting to have some tree climbing contest because I can kick his ass in it, I can fly and he cant. As he yelled down at me I frowned at the comment, what in the hell is he doing? He is acting as a child.. Since it seemed he wanted to play a little game of cat and mouse, I decided I would oblige him adn go along with his little game, though in my own way. Raising to my feet I began to give chase to him, this event reminding me of one I had while back in Solvay. As I gave chase to Adrian I felt my heart rate begin to raise as I began to get excited. I made it a few paces before I jumped into the air, dashing forwards as I gave into my first transformation, the beast and allowed it to come out. A light engulfed me which faded as I fell to the ground now in my wolf form. I hit the ground running and continued to chase after Adrian.

Post WC: 251
Back to top Go down
DarkKnightCecil
Respected Elder
DarkKnightCecil

Male

PostSubject: Re: Legends and Lore(Rune)   Legends and Lore(Rune) EmptySat Feb 13, 2010 2:57 am

Adrian lept from branch to branch much like he'd done the last time he'd met with Lance. And Adrian could still feel some kind of connection between them. As he lept of one branch his body shifted, his body inverting before his feet caught on the branch he was aiming for. He hung there silently as he waited patiently. His arms were folded over his chest as he tilted his head back to look at the ground 'above' him.

"And still of a winter's night, they say, when the wind is in the trees. When the moon is a ghostly galleon tossed upon cloudy seas. When the road is a ribbon of moonlight over the purple moor. A highwayman comes riding—riding—riding, a highwayman comes riding, up to the old inn-door." he sang softly, his eyebrow quirking lightly as he waited for sign of his opponent.

(146/2,000 = Heavenly Hike level up)
Back to top Go down
яuиє
Ascended Tonberry
яuиє

Male

PostSubject: Re: Legends and Lore(Rune)   Legends and Lore(Rune) EmptySat Feb 13, 2010 3:21 am

As I followed after Adrian, I once again relied on my ability to detect spiritual presences so I could follow after him. Though as I did follow after him I deliberately hung back some so he would be just a little bit ahead of me still, wanting to see what he would do. When I sensed him come to a stop, I slowed to a stop and glanced around for a moment wondering why he came to as top, was he waiting to ambush me or did he just stop to wait on me. Damn this human, one moment he wants to kill me and the next he wants to play cat and mouse.. As I thought on what to do a devilish grin took form on my face, perhaps it was time to show Adrian what I am capable of doing. Calling upon my ability to manipulate time, I halt time, freezing everything in time expect for myself. After stopping time I begin to move forwards once again, making my way to where Adrian is. I glance up at him as he hangs from a tree and sigh lightly before glancing around for a place to hide.. I slipped into some foliage not far from where Adrian hung and crouched down to be hidden more by the blanket of green. Now that I am hidden I allow time to continue as normal, if everything went as planed Adrian wouldn't have a clue as to my current location, hopefully.

Post WC: 249
Total WC: 1972

Last edited by яuиє on Sat Feb 13, 2010 9:27 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
DarkKnightCecil
Respected Elder
DarkKnightCecil

Male

PostSubject: Re: Legends and Lore(Rune)   Legends and Lore(Rune) EmptySat Feb 13, 2010 6:01 am

Adrian's body hung there before he shifted his feet. He fell to a lower branch. His arm reached out, grabbing it, before pulling himself up onto it. His eyes looked left then right, not sure where Nova was. His eyes narrowed as he squatted on the branch. His hands disappeared into his sleeves, a grin on his face. He waited patiently as he smirked. He muttered something under his breath and smirked, vanishing and reappearing on the ground below. He waited before he drew Goranova from his hip. His blade twisted in his hand, his blade flashing through the tree before he turned, cutting the next one. He cut several down in a matter of seconds, creating a small clearing the trees collapsing under their combined weight. Adrian moved to stand in the center. He didn't know if Nova was in any of those trees but if the demon was near there was no way that he didn't know where Adrian was.

(2,000/2,000 = Heavenly Hike level up)
(162/162)
Back to top Go down
яuиє
Ascended Tonberry
яuиє

Male

PostSubject: Re: Legends and Lore(Rune)   Legends and Lore(Rune) EmptySat Feb 13, 2010 6:05 pm

With my hiding spot in the forest I watch Adrian and wait to see what he will do now that he probably doesn't know where I am. When I seen him vanish, I frowned faintly wondering what had happened to him but he appeared on the ground and began to whack away at trees like a man on a tree killing mission. I held back a chuckle as I watched him, was he getting frustrated at not being able to find me? As he went about cutting down trees I called upon my ability to manipulate time once again and halted time for a moment. After halting time I made my way from my hiding place and moved past Adrian, moving behind him before I sat down a distance away from him so he wouldn't be able to hit me with his crazed tree cutting. After I got seated on my haunches I allowed time to continue once again.

Post WC: 159
Back to top Go down
DarkKnightCecil
Respected Elder
DarkKnightCecil

Male

PostSubject: Re: Legends and Lore(Rune)   Legends and Lore(Rune) EmptySat Feb 13, 2010 9:52 pm

Adrian stood there, frowning as he looked around. Glancing over his shoulder he smirked and turned to face Nova. He stood there grinning as he slid Goranova into the sheath at his side. His arms disappeared into the sleeves of his Yakuta as he stood there, looking expectant. He wasn't expecting the demon to play fair, he wouldn't have. But he wasn't expecting the demon to be that fast. But something was off. He didn't care, though. Quirking an eyebrow he vanished again, using his speed skills to vanish in the blink of an eye. Dashing quickly between the trees Adrian smirked. He had an idea of where the clan used to reside but never had any way to prove where they existed.

(123/295)
Back to top Go down
яuиє
Ascended Tonberry
яuиє

Male

PostSubject: Re: Legends and Lore(Rune)   Legends and Lore(Rune) EmptySat Feb 13, 2010 11:35 pm

I remained set on my haunches, looking up at Adrian as he turned to face me. I couldn't help but smile in a wolfish way as I looked up at him, has he caught onto me or does he still not know? This was the main question I asked myself as I watched him, expecting him to speak up and ask about what I had done but thus far he has remained silent and simply looked back at me. Then he is gone in the blink of an eye. I frown faintly as he seemed to vanish into thin air. I raise from my haunches and begin to move once again using my ability to sense spiritual pressures to track Adrian. What is up with this human, does he still wish to play a game of cat and mouse?

Post WC: 139
Back to top Go down
DarkKnightCecil
Respected Elder
DarkKnightCecil

Male

PostSubject: Re: Legends and Lore(Rune)   Legends and Lore(Rune) EmptyWed Feb 17, 2010 4:31 am

Adrian moved quickly his legs carrying him as fast as he could. His eyes narrowed as he went, his mind racing through the maps he'd studied of the old world. He growled low in his throat before he began to chant as he ran. He came across the river he sought before he began dashing along the bank, following the stream. The silver flow of a river was said to lead to the temple of death, and in the light of the moon a river was silver.

"COME ON! I THOUGHT YOU WANTED TO FIND HER GRAVE!" he shouted as he went.

His arms were drawn back extended behind him, hidden in the long sleeves of his robes. He ignored the noise that the loose fabric made as he went. His chest heaved with is breathing. He moved as fast as his body would carry him, not bothering to use his speed tricks to increase the pace. He panted softly as he pushed, glancing over his shoulder to see if his companion was following or not.

(176/471)
Back to top Go down
яuиє
Ascended Tonberry
яuиє

Male

PostSubject: Re: Legends and Lore(Rune)   Legends and Lore(Rune) EmptyWed Feb 17, 2010 8:52 pm

I began to push myself harder as I followed after Adrian, he still wished to run from me like some prey trying to escape the predator after it. Though this chance was rather entertaining, the male seeming to be doing his best to keep ahead of me, though I had decided to let him remain this way, if I chose I could easily catch up with him as I had done before. Coming to the river, I glance at the water for a moment as I begin to move across the bank still giving chase to Adrian. When I heard Adrian yell out something about wanting to find her grave, I growled faintly. This male had better be leading me to the location I seek if not I may have to cause great pain and injury to him, at the least, though the thought of ending his life has crossed my mind ever since our last encounter.

Post WC: 157
Total WC: 2427
Back to top Go down
DarkKnightCecil
Respected Elder
DarkKnightCecil

Male

PostSubject: Re: Legends and Lore(Rune)   Legends and Lore(Rune) EmptyWed Feb 17, 2010 9:51 pm

Adrian moved as quickly as his body would allow. Much faster than other humans, even among demon hunters. Adrian smirked and kicked off the ground, running up the trunk of another tree. He dodged around branches as he went. His legs curled under him before he pushed off the tree. His arms reached out grabbing the branch of another. Swinging off the branch Adrian's body twisted and inverted itself, allowing him to go up and over the branch he'd intended to land on. He soared down past the branch, toward the ground under him before his body curled up. He felt the world around him changing before the air under him solidified. He uncurled as he jumped again in mid air. Landing against the trunk of a tree. He stood there on the vertical surface before he began walking down it.

"Let's see here then. Which way would it be?" he wondered out loud.

(154/625)
Back to top Go down
яuиє
Ascended Tonberry
яuиє

Male

PostSubject: Re: Legends and Lore(Rune)   Legends and Lore(Rune) EmptyWed Feb 17, 2010 10:14 pm

Damn he wasn't slowing down or stopping, was he planning on running forever? We had yet to come to any sort of place that looked like what we are looking for and this is starting to anger me, I didn't want to run all around this damn forest after this male in search of this place, not if he didn't know where it was and it seemed like he may not know and simply be jerking me around for his own amusement. I drew a bit closer to Adrian before I came to a stop and growled faintly. Perhaps I should give him a demonstration of what may happen if he is toying with me.. Since I knew his location from my ability to sense him it was easy planing out what I shall do, calling upon my knowledge of the demonic arts I decided to use a rather powerful and destructive spell, perhaps that will show him I mean business. Raising my head to the air as I arched my back I let forth a loud howl. As I did this I also summoned forth one of my powers, calling upon my demonic attack Dark Skies. Though the howl was just for show, the effect of the spell began almost immediately as bolts of dark lighting began to strike the ground around Adrian. I had made sure I am just on the edge of the effected area so I could see the destruction with out being effected by it really. There were several smaller bolts of dark lighting before one massive one would strike the ground, though since I simply wished to display my capabilities to the human I cast it so the large bolt of dark lightly wouldn't hit exactly where Adrian was standing, instead it would hit a few feet away from him.

Post WC: 306
Back to top Go down
DarkKnightCecil
Respected Elder
DarkKnightCecil

Male

PostSubject: Re: Legends and Lore(Rune)   Legends and Lore(Rune) EmptyWed Feb 17, 2010 11:08 pm

Adrian grunted skidding to a stop on the ground. His arms came up quickly, crossing as a defensive reflex. He set himself ready for anything that could happen. He knew this spell, and had felt it before. He waited for the final blast to strike, his eyes squeezing shut. He was ready for anything that was coming, and more than ready to take any form of damage. That demon had cast it on him before. And he'd been struck with it when he'd kissed the girl Natsuki. He growled low in his throat as he stood there, when nothing happened. He opened his eyes, blinking as he looked around.

He wasn't in a forest, he stood in a dark cave. Torches lit themselves with bright blue light and Adrian grunted, protecting his eyes from the light. His eyes narrowed when he looked around. Standing beside him was Nova, but for some reason they were standing there in a dark cave. A woman appeared, her eyes closed. She had some strange mark on her forehead. Her long raven hair fell down her back as she watched them, her snow white robes flowing, though no wind blew through the caves. Just as quickly as it came it was gone and Adrian found himself standing in the forest.

"What the hell was that?" he wondered, turning to Nova.
(225/850)
Back to top Go down
яuиє
Ascended Tonberry
яuиє

Male

PostSubject: Re: Legends and Lore(Rune)   Legends and Lore(Rune) EmptyThu Feb 18, 2010 12:37 am

I stood my ground as I called forth my spell and waited for it to smite Adrian as I have planed it to do so. But before any such smiting could take place, something strange happened.. There is a bright flash of light, bright enough to force me to close my eye to shield my sight from the light. Now, I knew there was going to be flashes with my attack, but it wasn't suppose to be like this and neither did my attack even come down from the sky to smite Adrian, that seemed odd. When I opened my eye again I first noticed that I stood in a whole different place then what I was in moments ago. My gaze comes to rest upon the woman that appears before me. I shift my gaze over her as I look at her form, wondering what the hell is going on, one moment I am in the forest working on smiting Adrian and next thing I am here. I begin to tense up and lower myself towards the ground some as I get ready for what ever may come, perhaps a fight since I have no clue who this woman is. Though before I could begin to growl at the woman there is another flash of light, again forcing me to close my eyes and before I open them again I hear Adrian speak up. When I heard his voice I opened my eyes and glanced up at him for a moment before looking around again, realizing that I was now back in the forest. " .. I don't know. " I said as I glanced around the forest searching for anything that could be a threat and do something like that to us.

Post WC: 294
Back to top Go down
DarkKnightCecil
Respected Elder
DarkKnightCecil

Male

PostSubject: Re: Legends and Lore(Rune)   Legends and Lore(Rune) EmptyThu Feb 18, 2010 1:38 am

Adrian took a deep breath before exhaling slowly. Something was wrong, he was the only one that saw flashes of that woman but Nova seemed to have seen her too. He frowned as he looked around slowly. His eyes narrowed as he stood there, his hands coming from his sleeves. He reached out the Devil's Teardrop forming in his hand before he turned.

"Does it feel like we're being watched?" he asked, looking toward Nova. "M...Maybe we should get out of here. It's dangerous, and I really don't want to be around if that woman comes back. We can't take her."

(101/951)
Back to top Go down
яuиє
Ascended Tonberry
яuиє

Male

PostSubject: Re: Legends and Lore(Rune)   Legends and Lore(Rune) EmptyThu Feb 18, 2010 1:47 am

I shifted my gaze around the area in front of us as I continued to search for any signs of someone hiding, waiting for an opening to attack us. As I searched I wondered about the woman I had seen, who was she and where the hell did we go there for a moment, it wasn't the forest but something else... When I heard Adrian speak again I nodded as I continued to shift my gaze around. When he began to speak of getting out of here I frowned faintly, was he wanting to run already? Run like a pup with his tail tucked between his legs.. I growled faintly at the thought, " You can run human, but I shall hold my ground... There is nothing that I cannot destroy. If she chooses to show herself and posses a threat to me I will destroy her as I have destroyed countless that have posed a threat to my life. I do not back down from a fight nor shall I lose. " Yeah, that sounded good, all I needed now was the female to come out so I could unleash a beat down on her.

Post WC: 196
Back to top Go down
DarkKnightCecil
Respected Elder
DarkKnightCecil

Male

PostSubject: Re: Legends and Lore(Rune)   Legends and Lore(Rune) EmptySun Feb 21, 2010 12:48 am

"You're a damned fool! She's much stronger than you and I combined in strength! My skill, your power.. She's much stronger than you are! She has more than enough strength to throw you and I both into our personal Hell. Not Hell the location, but the place you hate the most, full of people much stronger than you are! Look, I'm telling you to leave because she gave us a warning." he said, moving back slowly. "She's more than capable of killing both of us before we know she's around..."

He drew the Sword of Light from his hip, his eyes narrowing. He held both of his swords, his eyes darting left and right, not sure if he could even spot her if she tried coming at him. He knew if she wanted him dead she wouldn't have shown herself. There was something on her mind, and she was trying to show them what it was.

(156/1,107)
Back to top Go down
яuиє
Ascended Tonberry
яuиє

Male

PostSubject: Re: Legends and Lore(Rune)   Legends and Lore(Rune) EmptySat Feb 27, 2010 1:17 pm

As Adrian begins to speak I glance up at him and frown at what he was saying. Did he not hear a thing I just said? Damn human seemed more afraid of this thing then anything else, was she really THAT powerful? And if she is how did he know, he isn't from this time.. While listening to him I shift my gaze from side to side as I search for this mysterious female he is talking about. Like, like, a boogieman, or boogiewoman, that's what it sounded like this female is, able to put me into a personal hell. I don't even have one of those, no one is strong enough to defeat me. When I heard Adrian begin to move I glanced to him again as he began to move backwards. Was he seriously moving away? " You would think if she can kill us like that, she would have already done it... " I said with a growl as I glanced around.

Post WC: 165
Back to top Go down
DarkKnightCecil
Respected Elder
DarkKnightCecil

Male

PostSubject: Re: Legends and Lore(Rune)   Legends and Lore(Rune) EmptySun Feb 28, 2010 2:56 am

"Are you that ready to die? She doesn't kill blindly but she wont hesitate if we don't leave her territory. Windy is an unforgiving bitch when it comes to her enemies. She desires nothing but power, and wont let anything get in her way. In our time she's a powerful demon, and even I can't take her down! Look Nova, if you want to die, be my guest but I'll be finding another way around to the grave site. You can't claim Tatsumasa if you aren't alive to take her up!" he said, before he sheathed his swords and backed away.

Turning he walked away, thinking to circle around to the location he believed to be the graveyard of the Mirumoto clan. His eyes narrowed as he began moving, the loose fabric of his yakuta flailing behind him in the wind.

(141/1,248)
Back to top Go down
яuиє
Ascended Tonberry
яuиє

Male

PostSubject: Re: Legends and Lore(Rune)   Legends and Lore(Rune) EmptySun Feb 28, 2010 10:08 pm

I watched Adrian for a moment before turning my gaze from him and glancing around as I listened to him speaking more about this female we are now facing, or trying to run from depending on how you look at it. He started to sound like a big chicken now, he didn't want to face this daunting challenge before him? I growl at him once again, if he wanted to run like a pup with its tail tucked between its legs then he can go and do that. " Who's to say she will not be there waiting on you? And why would she let you go if she knows you are after this sword.. If she is after power then she too is after this weapon if she does not already have it. That makes us someone she has to deal with, now or later. Either way a battle is probably unavoidable. "

Post WC: 154
Back to top Go down
DarkKnightCecil
Respected Elder
DarkKnightCecil

Male

PostSubject: Re: Legends and Lore(Rune)   Legends and Lore(Rune) EmptySun Feb 28, 2010 10:45 pm

"She doesn't have it because she lacks the will to control it!" he called back, not bothering to say anything more.

Adrian knew lore better than anyone else at the university as he'd studied it and had owned journals with detailed information that could only come from first hand experience. Back then the grave site was gone, vanished completely, probably wiped out by an oni or something. But he was determined to find it and perhaps find Tatsumasa with it. If he could take the weapon and survive it's onslaught then he would be the ultimate warrior, able to claim the lives of one thousand enemies with a single swing of the blade! At least that's what the legends said. The legends for Goranova were also greater than it's truth. It was a powerful weapon the ultimate weapon against the enemy but there was no way to know if he COULD take the weapon. Windy would have taken the blade if she could but he knew her. She didn't have it or she would have flaunted it, tortured them with what they sought.

(183/1,431)
Back to top Go down
яuиє
Ascended Tonberry
яuиє

Male

PostSubject: Re: Legends and Lore(Rune)   Legends and Lore(Rune) EmptyMon Mar 01, 2010 10:51 pm

I growled at his comment, if she didn't have it then she may even be guarding it from people like us, that would still lead to a fight. " She may lack the power but I don't now show me where this weapon is. Nothing will stand in my way. " I said with a growl as I glanced back at Adrian again as I began to step back now. As I stepped back I shifted my head from side to side, shifting my gaze around the area as I scanned for any signs of this other person Adrian was freaking out about. We had only seen her once and that was in another location, some underground place instead of here so was she truly here?

Post WC: 126
Back to top Go down
DarkKnightCecil
Respected Elder
DarkKnightCecil

Male

PostSubject: Re: Legends and Lore(Rune)   Legends and Lore(Rune) EmptyTue Mar 02, 2010 12:32 am

Adrian's hand came up suddenly to protect his eyes as light flashed
around him. He wasn't sure if Nova had seen it again but there she
stood again in front of them. Adrian glanced to his left, finding Nova
there. He turned back to Windy, waiting for her to speak, but the woman
in front of them continued to just watch them, silently. He growled as he glared at the woman. He moved to step forward but froze when she raised a hand toward him. Standing there Adrian's eyes were wide, his breathing almost panicked as if she were going to blow him apart where he stood.

"You two, have been chosen." she said, her voice echoing softly. "Fate will decide what you will become, but the future is not unable to be changed. What you do with your life will lead you down one path or another. Choose your path and do not look back and you will find what you desire. But if you desire something more, consider the steps in your life."

(175/1,606)
Back to top Go down
яuиє
Ascended Tonberry
яuиє

Male

PostSubject: Re: Legends and Lore(Rune)   Legends and Lore(Rune) EmptyTue Mar 02, 2010 10:07 am

With the flash of light, I let out a light growl and closed my eyes, lowering my head some. Damn flashes of light trying to blind people.. After a moment I begin to open my eyes and lift my head. My gaze comes to rest upon the same female as before, the one we had ran into while running through the forest, or had appeared, either way it was the same woman and I watched her. When I heard Adrian growl I glanced at him for a moment and shook my head as he took a step forwards but stopped. Here he is telling me about how dangerous this woman is but here he is stepping forwards and growling at her. I shift my gaze back to to the woman and sit back on my haunches as I watch her. If she was here for a fight she probably would have already launched into her offensive, that's how things work out most of the time, unless you get the talkers. As she begins to talk I listen to her, for a moment wondering what we had been chosen for but as she continued my thoughts shifted as I listened to her still.

Post WC: 202
Total WC: 3870
Back to top Go down
DarkKnightCecil
Respected Elder
DarkKnightCecil

Male

PostSubject: Re: Legends and Lore(Rune)   Legends and Lore(Rune) EmptyFri Mar 05, 2010 10:24 pm

"You seek Tatsumasa, but you should not try for her hand. Tatsumasa will slay it's master and it's enemies. It must claim souls and feed from them or it will claim the life of it's wielder. Only the hand that it was meant for may use it. The blade must not be disturbed, or it will awaken a great rage within the world of darkness that will feast upon the light. Now leave my home or I will snuff out the flames of life from your very souls." she said.

With a wave of her hand the two of them were standing back where they had first seen her. Adrian's brow furrowed as he stood there. His eyes narrowed as he glanced left, then right.

"She was fucking with us..." he said, his eyes closing.

(2,000/2,000 = Heavenly Hike, level up)
(135/1,741)
Back to top Go down
яuиє
Ascended Tonberry
яuиє

Male

PostSubject: Re: Legends and Lore(Rune)   Legends and Lore(Rune) EmptySat Mar 06, 2010 6:19 pm

I growl at the woman as she speaks, my gaze becoming fixed on her as I listen to what she has to say. It is some kind of warning but was it true or is she simply pulling our chains and trying to get us to turn tail and run. The only real way to find something like that out would be to press further and see what she will do, though that could be dangerous in the long run if she is willing to kill us. When things changed and we now stood in the same place were we first seen her I glanced around, growling more. Upon hearing Adrian speak I glanced to him, " Is it some kind of illusion? " I asked since he had closed his eyes.

Post WC: 132
Back to top Go down
DarkKnightCecil
Respected Elder
DarkKnightCecil

Male

PostSubject: Re: Legends and Lore(Rune)   Legends and Lore(Rune) EmptySat Mar 06, 2010 8:24 pm

"I don't know what you want to hear, so just stop asking loaded questions!" he demanded, growling at Nova.

He wasn't happy, his eyes narrowed as he stood there. He wasn't going to let his guard down for any reason at all. Windy and Nova were on completely different levels but he wasn't going to take them on together. But this was classic Windy style, to turn them against one another. But then again Adrian hated loaded questions. No matter how you answer you were always fucked. Then again Adrian was reminded of the Jabberwock.

"Beware the Jabberwock, my son!
The jaws that bite, the claws that catch!
Beware the Jubjub bird, and shun
The frumious Bandersnatch!" he said, standing there, his eyes wide.

(2k - Heavenly Hike level up)
(125/1,866)
Back to top Go down
яuиє
Ascended Tonberry
яuиє

Male

PostSubject: Re: Legends and Lore(Rune)   Legends and Lore(Rune) EmptySun Mar 07, 2010 12:03 pm

When Adrian began to growl at me I turned my attention to him and began to growl right back at him. Did he want to fight now? Damn it, what is his problem I thought we were working to gather or something like that on this. Well if he wants to fight then a fight he will get even if there is some woman around here trying to make us back down, hell ill deal with her as well and then get that damned sword, where ever it is. Ill snap his neck like a twig and then go after her and break her into pieces, yeah, that sounds like a good plan. When he began speaking again I was a bit confused, what the hell is he talking about? Does he want to fight or say some stupid saying.. Damn this human.

Post WC: 143
Total WC: 4145
Back to top Go down
DarkKnightCecil
Respected Elder
DarkKnightCecil

Male

PostSubject: Re: Legends and Lore(Rune)   Legends and Lore(Rune) EmptySun Mar 07, 2010 2:15 pm

"It means that you need to beware your surroundings and the creatures that exist there. If you underestimate your enemy they will kill you. You've never heard of the Jaberwock? I mean even children know about him. Jeez demons are stupid. How do you not know about your own kind?" he demanded, glaring at Nova. "But I'm not going to fight you. I KNOW she wants us to fight. And I wont do it, despite your fucking loaded questions."

He slid his sword into the sheath at his side and held the Devil's Teardrop at his side. He breathed slowly as his eyes closed. He waited patiently as he let his mind focus. He quieted the storm of his thoughts, forcing them to slow their swirling more and more as he willed himself into the oblivion he was used to.

(2k = Heavenly Hike level up)
(134/2,000 = Capacity level up)
(6/6)
Back to top Go down
яuиє
Ascended Tonberry
яuиє

Male

PostSubject: Re: Legends and Lore(Rune)   Legends and Lore(Rune) EmptySun Mar 07, 2010 2:41 pm

I growl lightly at his comment as I look away from him and shift my gaze around. Damn this human, he can be annoying some times, if he wasn't such an asset then I would have to kill him, but he knows a lot about demon lore and is skilled so he has his uses, fortunately. So he didn't want to fight.. well that was kind of good to know, if this thing we are around is strong then it would be wise to work together.. " Damn it, how do you expect me to know about some damn demon? It's not like I know about EVERY fucking demon! " I snapped at Adrian with my comment, " We can fight later, right now we have to focus on dealing with this threat.. " I shifted my gaze around more, " Stand back.. I'm going to use one of my spells. " I said, glancing to Adrian.

Post WC: 157
Back to top Go down
DarkKnightCecil
Respected Elder
DarkKnightCecil

Male

PostSubject: Re: Legends and Lore(Rune)   Legends and Lore(Rune) EmptySun Mar 07, 2010 2:49 pm

Adrian's eyes opened and he nodded, stepping back an away from his friend, Adrian. Moving to a spot he felt was 'safe' Adrian's arms folded over his chest. The Devil's teardrop pointed to the ground as he waited patiently. Adrian was more than happy to let Nova try to do something though he wasn't sure if anything would really help. Adrian's eyes closed again as he breathed slowly. He let his energies flow through him, and his focus return slowly.

(2k-Heavenly Hike level up)
(2k-Capacity level up)
(80/86)

Updated
Back to top Go down
яuиє
Ascended Tonberry
яuиє

Male

PostSubject: Re: Legends and Lore(Rune)   Legends and Lore(Rune) EmptySun Mar 14, 2010 12:47 am

When Adrian moved behind me I glanced back at him and nodded. Shifting my gaze back ahead of me, I glanced around for a moment. Now that Adrian was behind me I drew in a deep breath and held it for a moment as I thought on exactly what I was going to do now.. As I began to exhale I decided to go with one of my more powerful and destructive spells, perhaps that would take care of things, hopefully. That or get us killed.. " Rip the heavens asunder and ravage the earth. " I chanted, calling upon my command of the demonic arts, summoning forth a dark storm. Bolts of dark energy began to rain down from the sky over an area in front of myself and Adrian, since I didn't want to hit either of us. The bolts of dark energy continued to rain down from the sky for a few moments longer before one final large one struck the center of the area.

Post WC: 168

Updated
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Legends and Lore(Rune)   Legends and Lore(Rune) Empty

Back to top Go down

Legends and Lore(Rune)
Page 1 of 1