Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

H2H Content Site ( Mirror ) - New Content Added 11/22!

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

I'm a Lumberjack and I'm Okay! [closed, Kyro only]

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Rei
Veteran
Rei

Male
Number of posts : 851
Rep! : 7
Registration date : 2009-02-03

I'm a Lumberjack and I'm Okay! [closed, Kyro only] - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: I'm a Lumberjack and I'm Okay! [closed, Kyro only]   I'm a Lumberjack and I'm Okay! [closed, Kyro only] - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 01, 2010 7:53 pm

First topic message reminder :

Now that I had gained a horse, it was time that I used the horse to do my lord's bidding. I would release a low sigh and headed towards where my lord would be, thought he would be higher up. I would shake my head before I turned the horse around and set a course for the edge of Dominance. I was actually waiting on Paco- it was late, but I was going to make good on my promise with him.

"Better hurry up, Paco kun... I want to help you, but you better be here. I even told you I'd be on Kurohoshi."

I called him 'Kurohoshi' because he was all black, but had a long, stretched out white 'star' on the top of his head, thus the hoshi (which means star). I had a few other things on me- a kasa, or straw hat for my head, and I had my long sword, wakizashi, and my pole arm weapon, the naginata. I was wearing my usual cloths for these days, but I added some long tabi to keep horse sweat off my legs.

"Oi. Kurohoshi, what do you think about Paco kun? Your not gunna try and eat him like the Priestess' tiger pet are ya? Your not a meat eater, but just try to not snap at him. He doesn't really like that."

Of course I was just wasting time until Paco appeared or made his presence known to me. I thought that I heard that the master needed lumberjacks, and carpenters, and I had gotten him some not that long ago. that had also been the last time I'd seen Lady Kazakura's pet active. I would take one hand off the reins as I thought about it.

"I wonder if Lady Kazakura is in some sorta state of meditating like an intense zazen and thus needs her pet to watch over her?"
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
aѕceпxion
Ascended Tonberry

Number of posts : 6937
Registration date : 2009-01-02

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Lumberjack and I'm Okay! [closed, Kyro only]   I'm a Lumberjack and I'm Okay! [closed, Kyro only] - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 11, 2010 1:13 am

The surprise felt by Paco is shown on his face as he looks to the door and then to Rei to see the smile. The smile causes the small fairy to chuckle lightly to himself and shake his head. He hovers in the center of the room as Rei holds the door open and allows her in. The girl moves in quietly, looking to Rei before lowering her gaze into the hands that were clasped together in front of her as she makes her way into the interior of the room. After making it into the room, she would look to him and look for the words she wanted to say. Her attire would have only changed slightly as she wore a pair of oversized rugged pants beneath the oversized shirt; probably belonging to her brother, since a girl like her would be too modest to go to another man’s room in only her night gown. This would meet with Paco’s disapproval as he looks down and notices that her legs were no longer viewable. Her gaze is to the ground as she pokes her fingers together in front of her. “Um…” she begins, attempting to find an excuse to have come over. “I’m not disturbing you, am I?... I mean, I didn’t just wake you now? I didn’t know if you were asleep or not…”

226 / 4586
Back to top Go down
Rei
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Lumberjack and I'm Okay! [closed, Kyro only]   I'm a Lumberjack and I'm Okay! [closed, Kyro only] - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 11, 2010 10:34 pm

I'm a Lumberjack and I'm Okay! [closed, Kyro only] - Page 2 Reirei_01
The girl would enter the room, and my door would swiftly close, allowing her quite enough time to get through. I would wave out at the nearly bare room- it looked like no others. I would then wave over at the bed, as thought saying 'please, sit down'. I would only smile at her questioning. If she had not sat down, I would have gently guided her to the middle of the bed and I would sit next to her, speaking in a gentle voice.

"No, do not worry, Leanna. I am a worker of just a few hours of sleep- I only sleep when I'm sure no one will need me. Please, then, tell me what you need, yes?"

There was a small smile on my face as I would only need her to answer the question. Being this close to an Incubus while not understand one's feelings would produce a few things, but if there was need be any other than the desired one, I would use a bit more...force.

Words: 5,568
I'm a Lumberjack and I'm Okay! [closed, Kyro only] - Page 2 Reirei_03
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Ascended Tonberry

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Lumberjack and I'm Okay! [closed, Kyro only]   I'm a Lumberjack and I'm Okay! [closed, Kyro only] - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 12, 2010 5:29 pm

He finds herself caught off guard as she is lead towards the bed. She protests lightly, but doesn’t actually speak up to resist against being sat down. She rests her hands on her lap with her gaze down and into it as he speaks. She expresses that she was glad that she didn’t wake him and hesitates at his question. To her, he was very desirable, but she wasn’t the time of girl to instantly jump someone’s bones that she thought was attractive. For a moment she simply sits in contentment just being around him. Deciding that she needed to say something, she begins, “um… so… Ichimei… what kind of things do you like?” Smiling, she decides that she wants to get to know him a bit more, “do you like flowers? What is your favorite type?”

137 / 4723
Back to top Go down
Rei
Veteran
Rei

Male

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Lumberjack and I'm Okay! [closed, Kyro only]   I'm a Lumberjack and I'm Okay! [closed, Kyro only] - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 12, 2010 8:38 pm

She should know that if someone was really on pay to be on call, such a thing as wasting time like this would not be possible. But it was also likely that she was not thinking as she normally might. But I wouldn't mention anything about such. I would watch her with the usual smile and then I would blink at her question, the first one. Then she asked about my favorite flower. I would smile lightly at that and place hand up as I spoke in a gentle voice.

"Well, my favorite flower would be the rose... but I prefer the sakura tree. I find it very pretty when blooming and the petals that fall off, it looks like a shadower of grace, those dancing petals. I bet you could dance like those petals."

I would have to rush this a bit, but I would allow her a few more questions.

Words: 5,720
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Ascended Tonberry
aѕceпxion

Male
Rep! : 110

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Lumberjack and I'm Okay! [closed, Kyro only]   I'm a Lumberjack and I'm Okay! [closed, Kyro only] - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 12, 2010 9:03 pm

She looks up at him as he speaks before looking back down and giving a light smile. She was getting a bit more used to him. It was flustering for her to be around him since she didn’t know how to respond too many of the feelings she was having, since this was her first time having them. She takes Rei to be a good friend, a guy friend, the type to stay in the friend zone for a couple months or years before actually having a relationship in contemporary terms. With a soft giggle, she speaks shyly, “I don’t know, but I do like to dance… but not when anyone is looking. I used to dance for my father when I was a little girl and he used to take me out to the meadows to chase dragonflies and collect flowers.” With that, she would go quiet and simply look back down at her hands thinking about what a nice guy this Ichimei was.

165 / 4888
Back to top Go down
Rei
Veteran
Rei

Male

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Lumberjack and I'm Okay! [closed, Kyro only]   I'm a Lumberjack and I'm Okay! [closed, Kyro only] - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 12, 2010 9:25 pm

Ah, so that was why she asked about the flowers. I would smile lightly, as I guessed that many a girls danced at some point. I would turn my head to her and then up the ceiling for a moment before I would slip off the bed and noticed how she looked at me. It wasn't what I wanted, but there was no point in wasting more time.

I moved over to her and gently helped her up and would shoot my eyes over to Paco, giving him the look of 'better remember'. I would then quickly slip her into my grasp and then my body changed. A vaspire came forth, crimson eyes looking at the girl as I would slip into my shadow with her, finally able to speak to Paco, though the girl would not understand (I would be slipping into Scar's shadow).

"Stay where you are, Paco. I'll be back soon, using this ability again."

Words: 5,878
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Ascended Tonberry
aѕceпxion

Male

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Lumberjack and I'm Okay! [closed, Kyro only]   I'm a Lumberjack and I'm Okay! [closed, Kyro only] - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 12, 2010 9:31 pm

The girl would be confused and caught off guard as Rei stands and takes hold of her; she would emit a slight squeak upon being kidnapped. Paco notices that Rei’s patience must have worn out and gives a cheeky salute as he assure, “roger!” With that, it would appear that Rei had left the room. Paco notes the ability and shrugs, “not bad, for a minion… now if he had fairy teleport, that would be something worth writing home about!” For a moment he looks around the room and instantly gets bored. With a frumpy frown, he moans, “why do I have to listen to a minion?” He mocks Rei with his arms folded, “’Stay where you are…’ he says,” Paco monologues, “I don’t have to listen to him… I’m higher on the totem pole!”

135 / 5025
Back to top Go down
Rei
Veteran
Rei

Male

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Lumberjack and I'm Okay! [closed, Kyro only]   I'm a Lumberjack and I'm Okay! [closed, Kyro only] - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 12, 2010 9:43 pm

It took little time to drop her off at Scar's, and Scar would have went to hand her off to have the girl trained. Upon getting back, I would pull the top off my body and would turn to look at Paco as I went to the bed, going down on it as I would ask him a question with a small smile on my face.

"Anyone drop by with a knock, Paco?"

I had guessed the answer, but Paco would stay up the night, so I would at least give him one thing to respond to before I went to sleep. Or at least I think he would be staying up- he'd said that fairies stayed up with their dust because when they went to sleep, it was for years, or something like that.

Words: 6,013
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Ascended Tonberry
aѕceпxion

Male

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Lumberjack and I'm Okay! [closed, Kyro only]   I'm a Lumberjack and I'm Okay! [closed, Kyro only] - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 13, 2010 7:14 pm

By the time he returned, Paco would be on the ground and on his knees with his face down and his rump upwards; he seemed to be running his nose along the ground or something to that nature. When he hears Rei come back, Paco quickly turns around, slightly twitching with eyes as large as dinner plates as he yells, “huh?! No! No one knocked!” It would seem that he didn’t know he was yelling. There would be a glittered powdery substance on his upper lip and nose; hints of fairy dust. He would quickly look in all directions before rubbing his arm and asking, “do you hear that?! Fricken giraffe’s man! They’re under the roof!” Needless to say, Paco would be up and rambling all night long.

128 / 5153
Back to top Go down
Rei
Veteran
Rei

Male

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Lumberjack and I'm Okay! [closed, Kyro only]   I'm a Lumberjack and I'm Okay! [closed, Kyro only] - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 15, 2010 9:58 am

A small smile would be on my lips as I closed by eyes to sleep. If there was one things that I was sure Paco was good at, it was entertaining himself when everyone else was asleep. So I would sleep peacefully knowing that Paco wasn't going to run himself into the wall (sure, he looked a little, what was the word, high? On his own fairy dust I guessed), being unable to get a response from me. My self reverted into that of a human again as my body would visibly relax, likely a curious looking thing.

- - -

The next day would roll around, and I would feel greatly rested- it had been quite some time since I'd been able to sleep that long, between Master Domen's training, self training in martial arts of weapons along with spells, and event my militia duties. I would get up and stretch as I looked around, trying to locate Paco- whom I was expecting to be awake, thanks to that 'magic fairy dust'. If he was asleep, I might just have Kurohoshi bite him, that might wake his little crazy self up. We had to go and get those workers. I would have to be reminded what kind of workers we were looking for. I would have to check on Kurohoshi before leaving as well, I was going to ride him through the crowd after all, and act like a lord. I suppose a large warhorse might give that impression, that of one being above and beyond the reach of others.

Words: 6.274
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Ascended Tonberry
aѕceпxion

Male

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Lumberjack and I'm Okay! [closed, Kyro only]   I'm a Lumberjack and I'm Okay! [closed, Kyro only] - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 16, 2010 12:00 am

Paco would pretty much stay up and talk the entire night; it was a good thing that Rei had the ability to tune him out. When the day came, he would have worn off the initial high of the fairy dust refill and be back to his normal self. On awakening, Paco would be standing on the pillow in Rei’s direct line of sight, waiting for his eyes to open; when you couldn’t sleep, night time was a very boring time. With a pump of his arm, he welcomes, “good morning! Are you ready to do the master’s bidding today?”

100 / 5253
Back to top Go down
Rei
Veteran
Rei

Male

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Lumberjack and I'm Okay! [closed, Kyro only]   I'm a Lumberjack and I'm Okay! [closed, Kyro only] - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 16, 2010 12:21 pm

I would nod my head to Paco after getting up and would slip up and pull my yukata's top back on, seeing as I'd no need to have it off later. I would walk to the door with a smile on my face, and pull it open calmly as I would think to myself as I headed to the bar to get some breakfast. Of course, before leaving I took my katana and long sword, just in case I would need to defend myself.

"Poor bastard... lost his sister after a night of drinking. But that is his own problem. If I hadn't of done it, someone else, drunk, might have broken in and raped her, then left. At least she's got a home now... Shime just wasn't the place for these two. Though that brother will be a problem, should he come down and rage. Still, it won't be hard to beat him down if the need arises."

On another note, I would wonder if the bartender remembered that I knew Lady Kazakura. It might be a problem if the fact is spread... or it could be beneficial. A double edged sword, I guess. I would enter the area and likely see only a few people up- I'd risen near dawn, since I wanted to get this over with. I would walk up to the bar, wondering if Paco could stand to see me eat, when he couldn't, least I be suspected of something 'demonic'. Or priestly- again, Lady Kazakura's mention could be a blessing or a curse.

Words: 6.533
Train't Enhanced Attributes - Mastered (-1750)
Train't Nailance - Mastered (-1750)
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Ascended Tonberry
aѕceпxion

Male

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Lumberjack and I'm Okay! [closed, Kyro only]   I'm a Lumberjack and I'm Okay! [closed, Kyro only] - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 16, 2010 6:49 pm

The drunken man would still be sleep therefore the discovery of the maiden whisked away would be hidden for now. At the bottom of the bar, several unsavory types would be sprawled across tables and the floor. The barkeeper would be in the process of waking up everyone and kicking them out, while the lad, his assistant, would have woken up by this time to start with the clean up process of the tavern. Paco would float to the side of Rei as they moved throughout the day. If Rei were to come down and be noticed by the barkeeper, the barkeeper would greet him with a earnest smile and ask how his rest was while apologizing for the chaos of the bar. He would also be available as a source of information if Rei had any questions about where to find workers in the village.

146 / 5399
Back to top Go down
Rei
Veteran
Rei

Male

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Lumberjack and I'm Okay! [closed, Kyro only]   I'm a Lumberjack and I'm Okay! [closed, Kyro only] - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 16, 2010 7:53 pm

Luckily a drunken sleep lasted far longer then I had thought it would- only to work in my favor. Yes, everything was going well so far, though I would have to apologize to the girl once I saw her in Harlem. Poor girl... no, it was likely she wouldn't trust me again. Not that it would matter any longer. I would nod and sit at a free table that didn't smell too much like piss or beer. I would wait patiently and smiled at the young assistant as I wondered about his condition- being a mute. I wondered if the boy was like me, with family killed in war, and no other place to go to. Not that working for Lord Domen'yun was bad, I was at least allowed to remove threats from our world. I had the lord of death within me, something most would likely find repulsive or disturbing. But I never let the power get to me, nor go through my head.

I would nod at the barkeeper's offer- that is what I was after, anyway. I would steal a quick glance and Paco and wondered if he liked to eat sugary types of things, but then again, that would often cause a type of depression, when the sugar rush was gone. I don't think I've ever seen him 'sad'. I would wait until he had kicked out the last of them before speaking.

"Yes, I am here to find some workers. They won't be traveling for more then a day to go where I'll need them. But before I get started on that, I'm wondering if you have anything you'd recommended for breakfast? I had fallen asleep last night before I could come down again and eat."

Words: 3.324 (6.824)
(Train't Enhanced Attributes - Mastered -1750)
(Train't Nailance - Mastered -1750)
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Ascended Tonberry
aѕceпxion

Male

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Lumberjack and I'm Okay! [closed, Kyro only]   I'm a Lumberjack and I'm Okay! [closed, Kyro only] - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 17, 2010 8:14 am

Paco lands on the center of the desk that Rei sits at and starts to walk around to a good spot to sit before sitting down and making himself comfortable. The barkeeper stands to the side of the table and rests his hands on his waists as he looks down at the seated Rei. “Find some workers?” he says to repeat what he heard, “depending on the pay that should be easy. There are a few men around here who work for themselves, you might be able to get these men to work for you. Hell, if you go to the temple, you might find some people praying for jobs… then again there’s always the docks. Unemployed gather there in hopes of helping seamen handle their loads. As for eating, there’s a good café down the street that should do ya right.”

142 / 5541
Back to top Go down
Rei
Veteran
Rei

Male

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Lumberjack and I'm Okay! [closed, Kyro only]   I'm a Lumberjack and I'm Okay! [closed, Kyro only] - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 17, 2010 11:09 am

The right price? The man had just told me where to go; gathering plenty of warriors from those locations should be easy, but I was not going to get near the temple. No, that would likely end in my exorcism, which would make many of my abilities useless to me, unless I was able to find something else. But that wasn't something that I would focus on as I would slowly stand as I nodded to him, throwing him some coin, since he did release some information.

"Thanks. I hope you treat that kid right. I may be back some day, with Lady Kazakura. I wouldn't like to see that kid unhappy, sir."

It was a light threat, but one that was very likely to happen, since Lady Kazakura would likely return to Shima every once and a while. And there was no lie in my face, or voice. I walked out silently as I would give the kid a smile on my way out before I went to the stable and strapped the horse's saddle in within a few minutes, very used to it by now. Though I was sure that as a noble and lord, I would have to have others to do. Unless it was a rule that I made. Hmm... oh well.

Once I was done putting the saddle on, I would guide the horse to the back of the stable so that no one could sneak up on him, and he could use his abilities to defend himself if it came to it. I would started walking towards where that café was, speaking idly to Paco, since the crowd was loud enough to drown my voice out.

"So, we'll start with the docks and then make our way back towards the entrance- they way, we can see if they can pick out workers on the way back to the exit. They can pick out our workers for us. How does that sound for a plan?"

Words: 3.654 (6.824)
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Ascended Tonberry
aѕceпxion

Male

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Lumberjack and I'm Okay! [closed, Kyro only]   I'm a Lumberjack and I'm Okay! [closed, Kyro only] - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 17, 2010 9:38 pm

The older male’s hand swipe out with a certain amount of skill as he catches the tossed coin and holds it up with a slight nod of thanks before placing it into his pocket. Turning his gaze towards the kid for a moment, he turns around and advises, “the kid is well taken care of, don’t get the wrong idea.” The name drop would be noted but not referenced; he knew of the priestess’s giving nature and wouldn’t wish to show a poor side in front of her. He watches as Rei walks out to saddle his horse and returns to tending to his bar. Paco follows as they exit the bar, head to the stables and retrieve the horse. While walking, he would rest back on Rei’s shoulder to allow him to do the walking for them both. In an agreeable tone, Paco retorts, “sounds good to me. I’ll let you lead the way!”

Back in the land of Domenance, a new day would have arisen. Hakim would be up early, no doubt, to continue overseeing the construction of his lord’s lands. The carpenters would be up with day break and working on getting in and sorting the raw materials from the other areas. Harlem would be waking up, with mistresses freeing themselves from the grip of patrons with the nightly shifts of pleasure over. Much like at the bar, clean up would begin and there would be monies to be counted, divided and sent to treasury.

248 / 5789
Back to top Go down
Rei
Veteran
Rei

Male

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Lumberjack and I'm Okay! [closed, Kyro only]   I'm a Lumberjack and I'm Okay! [closed, Kyro only] - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 17, 2010 9:55 pm

A calm stride through the crowd would be kept and would get me quickly to the cafe which was likely to have been spoken off. I would smile upon entering, wondering what they had. It was likely they might even be packed, but I was hoping not. I would look out with my ebony eyes and walk silently to one of the last few seats that I could see, one that had a regular patron that I didn't know about. Not that I would care much- I'd claimed the spot, so he would just have to pick a different one. I did speak to Paco before entering, though.

"Well, we'll get started after I get some grub."

Words: 3.771 (7.012)
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Ascended Tonberry
aѕceпxion

Male

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Lumberjack and I'm Okay! [closed, Kyro only]   I'm a Lumberjack and I'm Okay! [closed, Kyro only] - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 17, 2010 10:11 pm

“Hmm…” Paco comments as he rubs his chin, “hunger must be a pretty inconvenient thing. It’s probably like using the bathroom; I never got the hang of that.” With a boastful smile, he comments, “fairies neither have to eat or pee!” The café would be busy with the morning crowd of workers getting food on the go before heading to where they needed to be. Ladies would be taking orders and bringing warm meals to hardy looking types, those who seem as if they were skilled at working the lands. As Rei gets seated Paco looks around and comments, “you know… there seems to be some talent right here…” He wasn’t really talking about the men though, but more so the ladies who did the serving. He folds his little arms at his chest and comments, “maybe they do good in business is because of the women and not the food… mm hmm.”

153 / 5942
Back to top Go down
Rei
Veteran
Rei

Male

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Lumberjack and I'm Okay! [closed, Kyro only]   I'm a Lumberjack and I'm Okay! [closed, Kyro only] - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 17, 2010 10:37 pm

I would smile at the menu and liked what I saw- some of the food was very good, things that I knew from my village. I would find what I wanted, and waited with a private smirk on my face as I knew what Paco likely meant. I would tell the waitress that I wanted to have the all over plater- it had grilled fish, rice, pickled, well, pickles, a miso soup, and tea. Something that I would very much enjoy, though it would cost the money that remained on me. I never brought all my money with me on all of these trips, I always brought just enough.

Words: 3.621 (7.617)
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Ascended Tonberry
aѕceпxion

Male

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Lumberjack and I'm Okay! [closed, Kyro only]   I'm a Lumberjack and I'm Okay! [closed, Kyro only] - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 17, 2010 10:53 pm

Paco continues to rest on Rei’s shoulder, now lying across on his belly with his legs nearer Rei’s neck and his arms hanging off of the edge of his shoulder as he sighs. He looks up to see someone approaching and comments, “eh?” as an elderly man approaches, tapping Rei slightly in the thigh with a cane. The man’s gaze would be white as it was apparent that, not only was he old, but he was too blind. “Oh my,” he says on realizing that someone was in his seat, “hello there… you must be a traveler or new to the city…” Since he went and tapped him, he would go ahead and try to smooth things over with a conversation and also get insight into who was sitting in his normal seat. Paco murmur, “beat it geeze” to which the old man look almost as if he heard something, mentioning, “eh… what’s that? You’ll have to speak up.” Paco gasps at the fact that the elderly male could even hear him.

172 / 6114
Back to top Go down
Rei
Veteran
Rei

Male

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Lumberjack and I'm Okay! [closed, Kyro only]   I'm a Lumberjack and I'm Okay! [closed, Kyro only] - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 17, 2010 11:23 pm

My eyes would turn as I heard the felt the cane. My eyes would narrow, but then I saw the person was old- not only that he was old, but blind as well. I would raise my eyebrow and then listen as Paco spoke after the man did. And I was surprised by the old man seeming to have heard Paco as well. I would speak calmly and in a restrained tone- I hated when people took me by surprise like that.

"Ah, I'm sorry. Yes, I am new. And who might you be, sir?"

Words: 4.212 (7.712)
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Ascended Tonberry
aѕceпxion

Male

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Lumberjack and I'm Okay! [closed, Kyro only]   I'm a Lumberjack and I'm Okay! [closed, Kyro only] - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 17, 2010 11:42 pm

The man pauses for a moment and in that moment he studies Rei’s voice. In that time he is able to discover small things about him. The older man approaches a little closes and holds his hand out, it would come to Rei’s shoulder if it were allowed to touch, thus forcing Paco to move. The elder would speak, “oh, just an old man, I’m no one important… but I could tell you are new here because you are in my seat. See, this is the seat where I used to sit with my wife when she was still with us. Everyone in the village knows that I normally enjoy my breakfast here. Do you mind if I have this seat, young man?” A smile would be on the elderly male’s face with his gaze off towards the side, and not really on Rei as there was really be no use for it to be.

155 / 6269
Back to top Go down
Rei
Veteran
Rei

Male

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Lumberjack and I'm Okay! [closed, Kyro only]   I'm a Lumberjack and I'm Okay! [closed, Kyro only] - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 17, 2010 11:58 pm

Oh? So that was an interesting thing... since he was here a long time, I might be able to use him. I would smile and stand up slowly, allowing him to feel that. I would, however, take a seat from a double one that was used and sat to the side of the old man, tapping him on the shoulder unlike a waitress might.

"I was wondering, Oji san, if you could tell me a few things about Shima? It is my first time here."

I could use him, in that I could find out the areas that were typically patrolled by those of the temple, and so I would know what routes to take and not to take. A small smile was on my face as I waited for my food, and would likely have an inner chuckle at anything that Paco would say, if he was stupid enough to do it.

Words: 4.365 (7.865)
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Ascended Tonberry
aѕceпxion

Male

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Lumberjack and I'm Okay! [closed, Kyro only]   I'm a Lumberjack and I'm Okay! [closed, Kyro only] - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 18, 2010 12:39 am

The old man feels the adjustment made by Rei as he relinquishes his seat and allows the old man to sit there. As he gets himself situated, he gingerly holds onto the seat and lowers down in it, sitting his walking stick against the side of the table. “Ah… that’s better,” he smiles as he relaxes onto his seat, “what a nice young man you are. I can tell you’ve got a strong character.” After he was comfortable, he comments on the question with a smile, “oh, that’s not the truth. We are an isolated island; you would need someone to have brought you here in order to know about it. You must have crossed the bridge in order to get here, that’s not something a wander can do, and our village isn’t visible from the mainland across the lake. I cannot tell you much that you don’t already know as our clan holds many secrets.” He chuckles as if amused with himself before continuing, “but tell me, why do you seek information on our village, young man?”

178 / 6447
Back to top Go down
Rei
Veteran
Rei

Male

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Lumberjack and I'm Okay! [closed, Kyro only]   I'm a Lumberjack and I'm Okay! [closed, Kyro only] - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 18, 2010 12:54 am

A pleasant conversation would ensue, as I would emit a low chuckle at his response. Ever loyal, eh? Just like those of my old village. But Shima must be far older then two years of age. But that thought was not something I'd focus too much on, just a moment of it. I would have to actually speak my points out, no looks since the old man was blind. I would wait patiently as the waitress would come to take the old man's order. Once she left, I would answer his question, and pose one of my own.

"Ah, but you are a bit wrong there, sir. I had a guide that brought me to Shima. You see, my Lord needs more workers, and so I've been traveling around for him and finding them as he requests. So I've heard that Shima has carpenters, and good ones. So, after breakfast, I was going to go to the docks. Is there a better place, Oji san? Or is that a secret as well?"

Words: 4.537 (8.037)
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Ascended Tonberry
aѕceпxion

Male

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Lumberjack and I'm Okay! [closed, Kyro only]   I'm a Lumberjack and I'm Okay! [closed, Kyro only] - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 18, 2010 1:08 am

The old man is amused by Rei’s answer. He smiles and comments, “what loose lips the young people have today if you hear rumor about our carpenters. I wonder what will become of this clan if this continues.” He sways back and forth before his gaze looks up, his blind gaze looking beyond what normal people could see. With a slow nod, he obliges, “the docks will be fine for your purposes. It’s much better your lord is seeking workers this way and not through war. What type of lord do you serve? From where is he about the mainland?”

100 / 6547
Back to top Go down
Rei
Veteran
Rei

Male

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Lumberjack and I'm Okay! [closed, Kyro only]   I'm a Lumberjack and I'm Okay! [closed, Kyro only] - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 18, 2010 1:21 am

The old man was no fool. I had probed him, and he had obligated, but was I obligated to answer truthfully back? Lies could be told apart from truths easily, but this lie that I used so often almost seemed like truth. Yes, thought I did not know my master's intentions on the matter if he wanted the land to be known yet or not, I'd made my own decision- after all, he couldn't hold my hand in every single matter like this.

"My lord is one that drives those who are his officers and workers, citizens and those like me to do the best we can, and then push past what we thought was our potential. He inspires in numerous ways, and is generous to those that obey and find their potential raising high- he rewards the hard workers."

I would pause as my food was brought and I paid, and the old man's food was brought, and I would continue with the actual lie- from what I myself knew of my master, that was what he was like- I'd left out a few things, thus they were not lies.

"Where he his kingdom is, is the desert. A harsh place to live, it applies to his pushing of us all, yes? I think that was a part of his reason for choosing it. It's actually hard to find, much like Shima, unless you have a guide. We've had to replace a few workers that got lost near the beginning because they wandered off- I've found one of them, but he was crazed when I did, starved and dehydrated. He's still recovering."

Okay, maybe some of it was the truth, but I left out the details to really finding it. Not that anyone could find the real kingdom in the rocks unless they climbed, but then they would be eaten by our door stop, the not so friendly kitty with wings.

Words: 4.859 (8.359)
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Ascended Tonberry
aѕceпxion

Male

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Lumberjack and I'm Okay! [closed, Kyro only]   I'm a Lumberjack and I'm Okay! [closed, Kyro only] - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 18, 2010 12:08 pm

“Hmm…” the old man murmur as he listens to Rei speak about his lord. “So you traveled all the way here from the desert. Shima is a place of comfort, I fear the only men who will follow are those looking for a better life and a new start. Though…” The old man pauses for a moment, “there is a substantially large group of bandits that roam the forests to the north west of the lake. They all used to be hard workers and skilled men, but they did not agree with the religious tone of the temple. They’ve been forced to roam as nomads… maybe you should seek them out as well for your purposes… since you have such a benevolent lord.” The old man’s food is brought to him and with a soft smile, he thanks the waitress who hands him his utensils so that he could start eating as well.

153 / 6700
Back to top Go down
Rei
Veteran
Rei

Male

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Lumberjack and I'm Okay! [closed, Kyro only]   I'm a Lumberjack and I'm Okay! [closed, Kyro only] - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 18, 2010 7:02 pm

I would place my hand on the chop sticks and start to eat as I mulled over the old man's words. Bandits, eh? I would close my eyes for a few minutes as I ate, allowing the old man to eat some of his food in peace. I would then open my eyes and look over at him with a small smile on my face.

"It seems that I may have to take up my other talents to have them to come with me, then. Thank you, Oji san. You have been helpful."

I would finish what remained of my food and tea, and would then get up, placing the chair back as I would leave in silence as I thought about heading a bit north so that I could look for another weapon. In the forest, with that old man and his box. Oh, that could wait. I would look carefully around me before I headed over towards the stables to make a quick look for signs of a struggle with my horse, though I was sure that not even bandits would have gotten Kurohoshi without some being frozen or poisoned.

Words: 5.051 (8.551)
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Ascended Tonberry
aѕceпxion

Male

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Lumberjack and I'm Okay! [closed, Kyro only]   I'm a Lumberjack and I'm Okay! [closed, Kyro only] - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 18, 2010 7:56 pm

The old man would raise his blind gaze on Rei’s departure and reach out for him, patting his shoulder bidding him a fair departure. His hand would lower back to his food and he would continue to eat. Seeing that it was time to go, Paco would lift from where he was to follow behind Rei. Paco would pause for a moment and look to the old man. He would move to hover in front of the old man’s face and wave his hands before turning and following after Rei. The old man turns his head for a moment, and then continues eating.

103 / 6803
Back to top Go down
Rei
Veteran
Rei

Male

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Lumberjack and I'm Okay! [closed, Kyro only]   I'm a Lumberjack and I'm Okay! [closed, Kyro only] - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 18, 2010 8:05 pm

My stride would reach my horse, where he was untouched, as it should have been. I led the warhorse to the entrance, because of his size, it was impossible to get in the saddle, I would have to ride Indian Style, and I was no good at that. I would look around at those here and then looked at Paco as I started to head out towards north west of the lake, as I asked him a question with a smirk on my face.

"Shall we wait for night, where I can defeat them if the need comes about? After all, I'll make this deal- come with me, or I'll take on your strongest fighter. If I beat him, then you will come with me for certain work and pay, as well as a home. How's that sound, Paco kun?"

Sure, we would be at my master's lands within the night, and I would give those bandits a day of work while looking over them to make sure they didn't steal anything. Sure, they may be skilled, but I had perfected skills that none of them could likely match. Plus, you couldn't kill me at night, or within my master's lair. I would have to remind Paco of that, but he would also see it if I was 'killed'. We'd just have to see. Hopefully they were not stupid men either, because if they were, my master and Hakim would likely hurt them. And I would take the blame for finding them, maybe even Paco would take blame.

Words: 5.309 (8.809)
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Ascended Tonberry
aѕceпxion

Male

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Lumberjack and I'm Okay! [closed, Kyro only]   I'm a Lumberjack and I'm Okay! [closed, Kyro only] - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 18, 2010 10:48 pm

Paco floats to the side with his arms folded as he follows Rei. They seemed to be getting towards the exit of the city. As the question comes in, Paco turns to him and seems surprised, asking, “hey, shouldn’t we go by the docks first and speak with them? It looks like we can waste some time and perhaps pick up a few minions while we’re there.” Looking around he admits, “there’s nothing really to do until the night time. I wouldn’t want you dying on me if a fight broke out. I would have to defeat them all myself and travel back to Domenance alone.”

Hakim would have found his way into the interior of the temple overlooking the seas to overseek and work on its completion. To date, it would probably be the longest running project in Domenance rivaling the underground cavern-palace. Everything had to be perfect and its structure had to be sturdy and right. Within Harlem, there would be an influx of new talent, along with the young lady provided by Rei, and the training would begin.

181 / 6984
Back to top Go down
Rei
Veteran
Rei

Male

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Lumberjack and I'm Okay! [closed, Kyro only]   I'm a Lumberjack and I'm Okay! [closed, Kyro only] - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 19, 2010 9:48 pm

A smirk slid onto my face and then I would look up and head towards the docks as suggested. I made sure that my warhorse did not trample over anyone, since I was sure that I would get into major trouble. My eyes closed for just a moment before reopening and then saw that I had just nearly done what I set out not to. Tugging on the reins, I would stop the horse just in time and sighed, ignoring the curses from the person before I would remind them that they are in the holy city of Shima and that they should run and repent for their cursing. An inner chuckle slid from my lips and then I would continue on my way to the docks.

I would look out at the docks and smiled lightly at the men there. Several were just standing there, where there were others unloading boats. I tied my horses's reins to the dock after I had slipped off and looked at myself, giving the fairy a quick glance as I would ask him a question as we proceeded.

"Think I look like nobility or more lordly? I want to know so that I know which one to work on."

These would be the free workers, though I wondered would I have to find rooms for them all. I would have to pick them up tonight, by this dock after attempting to get their new bandit workers. I wouldn't let them run crazy at the job- I'd rather not my lord dirty his hands, nor his lands.

Words: 5.572 (9.072)
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Ascended Tonberry
aѕceпxion

Male

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Lumberjack and I'm Okay! [closed, Kyro only]   I'm a Lumberjack and I'm Okay! [closed, Kyro only] - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 20, 2010 5:49 pm

Paco thinks for a moment, emitting a light “hmmm” before he concludes, “probably Lordly. Lords seem more manly, while nobles seem like sissies…” After thinking it over, Paco continues, “but you do have the delicate boyish features of the incubus, so you might look more like a sissy; that would put you in the noble category. Perhaps we should look into getting you more sturdy armor and threads… perhaps something with a cape as well… would add to a much stronger visual?” The men of the workers would notice the large horse that came onto the docks. The people here did breed horses from time to time, so the site of such a powerful creature would be admired. A group of workers would notice as one male would tap another’s arm in a lazy back handed slapping motion before pointing to the horse, to which the group would give their attention to it, thus making it the topic of conversation. Either way, with a horse in such good condition, it would give off the appearance that Rei had a bit of money to him. Eyes would be on him as he made his way through the docks; if he stopped to speak to anyone about employment, he would find himself flocked by eager workers quick to put in their bid for employment.

Back in the Legion of Doom, Lord Domen’yun hovers ominously in the sky with his arms folded at his chest overlooking the expansion of his land. Around this time, if not earlier, he would have begun his way to Harlem to see how things were going there. There were wenches to turn and money to be made.

279 / 7263
Back to top Go down
Rei
Veteran
Rei

Male

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Lumberjack and I'm Okay! [closed, Kyro only]   I'm a Lumberjack and I'm Okay! [closed, Kyro only] - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 25, 2010 10:13 am

I would listen to Paco and consider what he said. At the moment, I would likely seem more like a noble then a big, strong lord, but that was fine for the moment. I guess looking like a 'sissy' had its advantages: people wouldn't expect my vaspire form to be as fast or as physically strong as it is. I decided that that was just fine, so I would pause while in the middle of a group of men with a pleasant but not stupid smile on my face. I would speak in a clear, loud voice, just loud enough to not disturb the calls of the ones on the dock unloading their things.

"I have an employment opportunity for anyone that needs it, if you are willing to travel a short while."

Flocks of men would rush me, not crushing me, but there was certain limits to what I called 'my space' that were very very close to being violated. I was glade that all of these men here were willing to work, and showed as much enthusiasm as they did. I would nod and shake hands before I would speak over their voices and hushed them.

"We will leave at around midnight tonight, so pack what you wish and say whatever good byes that you have to do. Meet me by the invisible bridge. Also, if you know any other men that are looking for work, bring them as well. The more workers that we have, the better. You'll have a home, food, and water provided for you."

Words: 4.082 (9.332)
(Train't Shadowblood Teleport - Mastered -1750)
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Ascended Tonberry
aѕceпxion

Male

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Lumberjack and I'm Okay! [closed, Kyro only]   I'm a Lumberjack and I'm Okay! [closed, Kyro only] - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 25, 2010 12:02 pm

It would seem as if success was gained; such a simple phrase pulled together a nice crowd for the young representative of Domenance. With the words that come from Rei signifying that there would be relocation involved in the job opportunity, there would be at least a few people with questions on that topic. Some in the crowd would call out, “what type of work is it” and “how long will we be employed?” Some of the more seasoned workers would hang back and listen to the answers of the questions of the younger men; those who had nothing to lose were in for it regardless of the who, what, when, where, why and how. Paco grins with his arms folded as it seemed the docks was a good place to pick up a few workers; he was glad he mentioned it instead of immediately heading out of town to wait on the bandits, though they definitely would be a resource as well. There was no such thing as too many workers when it came to building up the land of Domenance.

182 / 7445
Back to top Go down
Rei
Veteran
Rei

Male

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Lumberjack and I'm Okay! [closed, Kyro only]   I'm a Lumberjack and I'm Okay! [closed, Kyro only] - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 25, 2010 12:17 pm

Questions were brought out, and I knew some might question it. That at least showed they actually had some thought to them. I would wait until a few questions were posed before I would respond in a calm manor. I noted those that hung back and I knew that they were the more experienced. I actually didn't know the answer to some of these questions, but I would do my best to answer them.

"The work is helping build various buildings and some stone working. The time that the project will take depends on the amount of workers, but I would estimate three months to five months. It might go even quicker with seasoned workers that can help direct the others."

There was more then enough time for me to answer any questions, since it was still the morning and we had until night fell when I would go and confront the bandits. Though I would also look for a few more workers in between and maybe go to the temple. Though I wouldn't go too far in, since I didn't want to encounter a priest with sensing capabilities. I'd rather not die today.

Words: 4.276 (9.526)
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Ascended Tonberry
aѕceпxion

Male

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Lumberjack and I'm Okay! [closed, Kyro only]   I'm a Lumberjack and I'm Okay! [closed, Kyro only] - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 25, 2010 2:39 pm

The work seemed acceptable to most who were around. There was a man who spoke for others as he speaks, “there is no need for me to wait and travel in a group; I have traveled these lands many times with my brother. If you give us the coordinates, we can meet with whomever is in charge at the site and save some time. Excuse my brashness, but I’ve been looking for work for a long time; I see no reason to wait further… you do understand, right?” A couple of the other men speak along the lines that they would rather use the day to travel than the night. As grown men, they reject having to be babysat to get somewhere, but were open to following directions to get a job done once there.

135 / 7580
Back to top Go down
Rei
Veteran
Rei

Male

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Lumberjack and I'm Okay! [closed, Kyro only]   I'm a Lumberjack and I'm Okay! [closed, Kyro only] - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 26, 2010 2:12 pm

I would tilt my head at the request and then would nod my head as I knew what he really wanted, I guess. Kind of how I felt when I was getting a bit older, that I didn't want to be baby sat. I took a quick look to Paco, an unseen figure to most.

"The area you will be traveling to is south east of Shima, about a day or long walk. You'll likely see a small village before seeing the stonework. If you need me, before you leave, I'll be heading to the temple."

With that out of the way, I would stride to my horse and slip up, sitting and releasing a sigh under my breath before I turned the animal towards the temple. I would have it move slowly as I was thinking about combat. There was a special technique that I would use, though it would be a novice like. Really, I would be using the thug as my test subject. Unless they simply came with me, I really would not like to slaughter him just to prove a point.

Words: 4.461 (9.711)
[/quote]
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Ascended Tonberry
aѕceпxion

Male

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Lumberjack and I'm Okay! [closed, Kyro only]   I'm a Lumberjack and I'm Okay! [closed, Kyro only] - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 26, 2010 6:23 pm

The men pay heed to the directions and some talk amongst themselves of rumors of a new clan being built there. Several among they had interest in going anyway, but never had a reason until now. With that portion over some would wait for Rei to return as the more hardy would begin making preparations to leave and journey to this place on their own. Around the time when Rei mounts up, Paco would return to his side with a smug grin on his face as he praises himself, “I had a pretty good idea, didn’t I? You may praise me now.” He did not seem to notice that Rei was thinking on something at the moment, but he would inquire, “where to now?”

124 / 7704
Back to top Go down
Rei
Veteran
Rei

Male

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Lumberjack and I'm Okay! [closed, Kyro only]   I'm a Lumberjack and I'm Okay! [closed, Kyro only] - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 28, 2010 12:19 pm

As I had mounted up, Paco would speak and I would give a little chuckle after I had completed my thoughts. I nudged the warhorse to have it go a little faster towards the temple before I would respond to Paco- perhaps in the way I would respond, he would think that my thoughts went towards a way to praise him.

"Yes, it was a good idea. But it was also my idea to start at the docks and then move to the areas beyond it. We need as many carpenters are we can find, right? And also, how many did you see in that group? I was surrounded, so I couldn't get a good count."

My ebony eyes would remained fixed ahead as I waited for his answer- beacuse honestly, there shouldn't be a need to answer the first question. My eyes would follow the flow of people as I guided the large horse through the crowd and would also follow along the road leading towards the temple that I was taking. At least I hoped that it would take me that way. It would not be good if that were not so- and I didn't want to meet too many priests on the way, either.

Words: 4.668 (9.918)
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Ascended Tonberry
aѕceпxion

Male

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Lumberjack and I'm Okay! [closed, Kyro only]   I'm a Lumberjack and I'm Okay! [closed, Kyro only] - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 28, 2010 5:48 pm

With his question, Paco would think for a moment, trying to get a mental count in his head of the men he saw. "That's a good question," he replies with a shrug as he admits, "here had to be at least a hundred men on the docks. I'm not sure how many will actually come, but I guess we'll figure that out tonight when we head to Domenance... or when we get there!" Noticing that they were heading in the direction of the temple, Paco asks, "do you think it's wise of you to go near the temple? Didn't Lady Kazakura try to take away your powers that one time?"

110 / 7814
Back to top Go down
Rei
Veteran
Rei

Male

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Lumberjack and I'm Okay! [closed, Kyro only]   I'm a Lumberjack and I'm Okay! [closed, Kyro only] - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 28, 2010 8:31 pm

My eyes would turn over to the fairy as I would have been thinking on that question myself. That the priests might try to do the same thing that Lady Kazakura had tried to do. Or rather, she had really thought about doing it. Until the master had interviened in it, that matter. I would have to be awfully careful inside the place, if I did indeed go in.

"But Paco, whoever said that I was going inside? I'm not- I've thought about it, and here is what I'll do. I know from my own village that there are those that stay outside the temples- sometimes they have nothing to offer or they are in low spirits. Or even young boys, urchins some call them, looking for work. I will give them some money to go into the temple and look for those looking for jobs. I figure that you could 'follow' them to the enterance and watch to see if they do as asked. If they don't, then I'll go in myself. My act will be that of a Lord or a Nobel, so those that observe it will not find it strange. And after they get back, I will go in with them to give my money in. That way, only a real profiecent sensing priest would be able to single me out."

I would wait for a response, looking calm and a bit more serious then before, still being careful not to trample anyone under my horse.

Words: 4.918 (10.168)
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Ascended Tonberry
aѕceпxion

Male

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Lumberjack and I'm Okay! [closed, Kyro only]   I'm a Lumberjack and I'm Okay! [closed, Kyro only] - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 28, 2010 8:40 pm

Listening to his logic, Paco is forced to agree with him. He assures Rei, “I’ll go with you, I mean… I just wanted to make sure you knew where you were going… but that makes sense… it should be fine, right?” The fairy bucks up and returns his attention forwards as they continue to the temple. He had a point about there being vagrants around the temple and those who may be looking for hope; we could offer them that in the prospect of working in our kingdom! The mercy of our master was… well… we had ‘employment’ to offer.

100 / 7914
Back to top Go down
Rei
Veteran
Rei

Male

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Lumberjack and I'm Okay! [closed, Kyro only]   I'm a Lumberjack and I'm Okay! [closed, Kyro only] - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 28, 2010 8:58 pm

I would smile and chuckle a bit at the comments and then made sure that I would be able to get there. The road I took was well enough, though there were a few points where I had to slow down or stop for a moment. I would notice other horses, they were being trained, obviously. Being whipped though, tat would never end well. I would shake my head at those tactics, though most were doing the correct way in my eyes, where they were doing well in their training by showing more love then attempting to cause the animal to fear animals.

It wouldn't take long to get where we needed to and I would stop the animal in front of the temple. I saw a few men that looked up and saw the horse, seeing how well kept it was. I would beckon them over and spoke just load enough so that they could hear.

"I'll give you some money as offers, but there is a little task I'll ask of you. I want you to locate anyone praying for work, and tell them to meet me outside. I'll be staying on this horse, so I should be easy to find, yes?"

Words: 5.122 (10.372)
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Ascended Tonberry
aѕceпxion

Male

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Lumberjack and I'm Okay! [closed, Kyro only]   I'm a Lumberjack and I'm Okay! [closed, Kyro only] - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 28, 2010 9:34 pm

Meanwhile, back in Harlem, Domen would be overseeing the work done to the settlement thus far having flown from Domenance. Qyn would have initially greeted him and given him a lay of the land; the settlement, previously consistent of tents and temporary fixtures, now started to show signs of permanency as the plentiful desert sand would be formed into bricks to lay the foundation for actual durable structures.

Paco would continue along side Rei through the walk to the temple and come to land on his shoulder just before Rei spoke his words. The fairy would stay close to Rei while near the temple, just in case something happened. On his arrival, the men who noticed Rei would oblige his beckon as the semi lordly figure seemed as if he had something to offer. To men who had nothing, something went a long way. After his words, one speaks among the other men as he says, “we can do this for you, are you a lord of some type?”

169 / 8083
Back to top Go down
Rei
Veteran
Rei

Male

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Lumberjack and I'm Okay! [closed, Kyro only]   I'm a Lumberjack and I'm Okay! [closed, Kyro only] - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 28, 2010 9:45 pm

My ebony eyes saw that they had indeed came over, and this pleased me. At least I was able to attract crowds, though maybe it was really Kurohoshi. Oh well, all that really mattered was that they were here and they they were in my hands. I knew that there would be questions, and I would turn my head towards the voice, likely a question from a more experienced one, like at the docks. I would reply after a moment, not a long pause- perhaps three heartbeats.

"I work for my own lord, but I am nobility within his lands. I also offer you work: my lord is building up his area, and will require more workers. You will be provided with a stable house an meals as long as you work. My lord is actually close to the area, so it won't be too much of a journey to head there. When given days off, you can come back and visit Shima and any loved ones you have."

Now to see for this response, but for the moment I would pull out my money touch with the hand not around the others, and would get ready to hand out money. Not tons, but it would have to do. After all, I wasn't really a Lord or Nobel.

Words: 5.340 (10.590)
Back to top Go down
Kaguyalover
Mystic Moogle
Kaguyalover

Female
Number of posts : 2348
Rep! : 20
Registration date : 2009-01-19

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Lumberjack and I'm Okay! [closed, Kyro only]   I'm a Lumberjack and I'm Okay! [closed, Kyro only] - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 29, 2010 8:42 pm

I'm a Lumberjack and I'm Okay! [closed, Kyro only] - Page 2 Seijpb_01
A heart filled concerned to where her High Priestess friend has disappeared off too. This was bothersome, very bothersome indeed. Seijin wasn't happy about this in the least but she didn't allow it to bring her down either. She knew that Kazakura was a powerful person, she couldn't be taken down so easily.... could she? The brown haired young priestess stepped out of the temple which Kazakura belonged to as she spoke with a nun of the temple. "Thank you so much. I'm rather sorry that she isn't here, but as soon as she returns I'll inform her that you have stopped by. I'm sorry I couldn't be of any more help." Spoke the nun as Seijin shook her head and gave a gentle soothing smile. "No it's quite alright, thank you for allowing me in and speaking with me about this. I'll come visit again once the season has past. Do take care of yourself may the Watcher watch over you." her hands rose up near her chest as her arms were vertical to each other and her palms curled slightly so she would be forming a ball within her hands and she gave a bow with her right foot stepping back as well. The nun did the same thing and Seijin turned away and began to walked down the stone pathway that led to and away form the temple. A gentle sigh exited her lips. "Where are you high priestess..."

Though as she was returning closer and closer to the village itself and heading to the dock's so that she could get off the island. Though she had come across a scene that was quite interesting in itself, being that it was hosted by someone who looked familiar. From the distance she stood and listened to what the villagers who walked past her would say about what was just happening. "you hear that job's are being opened up, I should go tell my husband." The old woman bickered and the other responded with a cackle. "kekeke, yes tell him to get off his behind and do something." both walked away laugh at each others words. She didn't advance just yet, more so she was attempting to pick out why this person was familiar to her.

Word count: 377
I'm a Lumberjack and I'm Okay! [closed, Kyro only] - Page 2 Seijpb_03
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Ascended Tonberry
aѕceпxion

Male

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Lumberjack and I'm Okay! [closed, Kyro only]   I'm a Lumberjack and I'm Okay! [closed, Kyro only] - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 29, 2010 9:02 pm

The men gathered about Rei seemed to take interest in this new lead. They look between one another but their attention is immediately gathered when the incubus vaspire begins to make it rain… or rather drizzle. Money was a good thing to catch their attention, and the fact that the place of work wouldn’t be far away seemed to be a pretty good incentive as well; days off too? One could wonder if the job came with a benefits package. A concerned male in the group reaches out for a bit of monetary funds as he confirms, “I will seek out as many men as I can for you, my lord. I have no money for lodging when I get there, however, where will I stay if I go down there? Will I have to live on the streets?” Resting on his shoulder, Paco murmurs into Rei’s ear, “hmph… being greedy are we… it looks like he lives on the streets now!”

162 / 8245
Back to top Go down
Rei
Veteran
Rei

Male

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Lumberjack and I'm Okay! [closed, Kyro only]   I'm a Lumberjack and I'm Okay! [closed, Kyro only] - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 29, 2010 9:50 pm

I would just smile at them, and would notice a girl out of the corner of my eye- I knew her, and recognized her. She had the same face and hair from that day, or at least it seemed like that. That girl that had been with Lady Kazakura when I had first been possessed by the vaspire. Ah, such an interesting see, but there was no point in talking with her, as I'd a question from one of the more desperate men.

"I just said that if you work, you will be provided a residence. Additionally, you will be building a village, sir. You will be allowed to stay in those houses. And good- I will join you in a moment, I will need to find a place for my horse."

I would hand the money out, everyone got the same. A decent amount, even for an offering. Its what I wanted it to be for, but I knew that some would keep a bit for themselves or the family they were about to leave. I would give a glance to Paco- I hoped that he remembered to follow after them to take a look inside the temple.

With the money handed out, I would turn my attention back to the girl, though I wasn't looking directly at her. I had little trust in her, but for all she knew, I had been exorcised by Lady Kazakura. I would get off my horse and look for a place to leave him, and hope that no fool would try to take him. They would just get hurt.

Words: 5.607 (10.857)
Back to top Go down
Kaguyalover
Mystic Moogle
Kaguyalover

Female
Number of posts : 2348
Rep! : 20
Registration date : 2009-01-19

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Lumberjack and I'm Okay! [closed, Kyro only]   I'm a Lumberjack and I'm Okay! [closed, Kyro only] - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 30, 2010 7:20 am

I'm a Lumberjack and I'm Okay! [closed, Kyro only] - Page 2 Seijpb_01
Suddenly it had hit her, memories of the past flashing within her mind back when Kazakura had last visited Saichuushigai. Her hands had clapped together at the thought of it. She remembered now, this one here was the same boy from that time. The one that Kazakura stated that she would take care of him, but there was something odd. Something that didn't sink well and boiled within her stomach. Why is he alive? Was there some ulterior motive that Kazakura had? Did she figure out a different way to take care of him? Or did he... She found herself making her way over to this young man with a pleasant smile upon her face as she was coming to a group. Her voice speaking up into a crowd as she spoke in a fascinated manner. "Dear me what seem's to be going on here? This look's to be quite promising, please if you will tell me of what transpires here." A smile came to her as she most likely would gather the attention of the villagers that she stood closest too when she had walked over. Of course she would be instantly recognized as she was the Young Priestess of Saichuushigai from the Temple of Light.

Word count: 207 | 377
I'm a Lumberjack and I'm Okay! [closed, Kyro only] - Page 2 Seijpb_03
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Ascended Tonberry
aѕceпxion

Male

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Lumberjack and I'm Okay! [closed, Kyro only]   I'm a Lumberjack and I'm Okay! [closed, Kyro only] - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 30, 2010 6:29 pm

The guy hears the answer from Rei and looks to another man and says, “yes, we heard right, there will be housing.” The man looks back to him and asks, “but where will we live? Will there be housing?” The first man pauses and says, “I don’t know… I should ask!” Around this time, the male moves off to find a place for his horse. The men gathered there call after the lord that they would go and locate some men and amongst themselves, they disperse to pursue this task. Paco continues to ride passively on the shoulder of Rei, shaking his head lightly. By this time, the young fairy had forgotten about any plan to go into the temple.

The crowd parts and allows way as Seijin makes her way through it and speaks. She would be shown the respect of a priestess as she made her appearance with some even murmuring that title in surprise while witnessing her approach. Those around would assume she was calling out to the young noble and attention would be brought to the situation.

181 / 8426
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Lumberjack and I'm Okay! [closed, Kyro only]   I'm a Lumberjack and I'm Okay! [closed, Kyro only] - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

I'm a Lumberjack and I'm Okay! [closed, Kyro only]
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next