Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

H2H Content Site ( Mirror ) - New Content Added 11/22!

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Dealing Within Harlem. [Closed]

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Rei
Veteran
Rei

Male
Number of posts : 851
Rep! : 7
Registration date : 2009-02-03

Dealing Within Harlem. [Closed] Empty
PostSubject: Dealing Within Harlem. [Closed]   Dealing Within Harlem. [Closed] EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 4:09 pm

Nearly a noble... yes, I was close to being one. I had done a lot to bring people together for my lord and now I was in Harlem, as I knew that this is where I would be stationed. I looked at my hand as I knew night ha just came upon me and Harlem. I would open my eyes as I transformed more fully then ever, a simple thing. My vaspire form was now more gentleman like than I had thought. My crimson eyes looked down at the citizen of Harlem and the men and the girls that came here for nightly pleasures. I had changed into more gentlemen like cloths for the night as well, some cloths that seemed to foreign to me. I struggled a bit in them, but it was fie after I raveled around in them all day, exploring the streets of Harlem. I would jump down from the roof to the back of the building and then walked around to the front as I walked over to Kurohoshi. It was time to act like a new type of noble. I was tired of those that acted like they were far above the people, when they mostly weren't. Their blood tasted no different, either. I'd tasted as few in remote desert tribes. In fact, if anything, their blood tasted fouled and sandy. I would smile as I slipped up on the saddle and would smile at those around me and lead my horse towards the end of the village. I waved to the actual citizen and bowed my head to those that were guests: I felt that there was no need wave at them, since they would only be here a short time, thus a nod of the head was all the investment I would make. Though there were some that I had seen over the past few weeks, regulars. They would get waves, and one of them was about to get an encounter with me. He had just came out of the biggest place, and I would dismount my house and tied him to the post as I spoke up.

"Hello, sir, I don't think that we've met. My name is Rei Yan, soon to be ruler of Harlem. It's nice to meet you- I've noticed your a regular."

I held a smile on my face, looking at the man before me with those crimson eyes. He stood tall, around six feet, and ha tanned skin. Muscled and most of the time grim faced, he wore light brown clothing, usually a light brown turban and always twin wakizashi, each in a cross strap sheath on both sides of his hip. His hair, having only seen it once in the daylight, was a wavy black, and reached about his should blades, a little longer. His eyes were a sapphire blue, surprising clear, like my Incubus form. He had only stubble facial hair, though never a lot of it. I knew his temperament was to find out someone's intentions, though I knew that he would have to problems unsheathing those blades. And everyone knew him as a master of those blades. Not even my one sword could likely keep up with him without using my Enhanced Attributes. But there was something else about him... I had sometimes seen some kind of tribal markings on his body- I knew the meaning behind that, as I had seen it on Seiki when we fought against Adrian. Seiki had gained those markings and seemed to power up. In other words, he was a Hitorinji, a human that was strong even for the race, and able to use magic. The man regarded me calmly, the grim look remaining on his face as he looked down at me. Though I was a bit shorter, he didn't seem to think any less of me. At least his face didn't say so.

"Yes, I have seen you here before, young Rei... the other night, in fact. That beast that you ride is interesting. It's a larger horse then I've ever seen most other nobility ride around here. A wild horse breed by the look... my name is Ameer Najib. I am the war leader of a tribe to the north."

I would smile lightly as I nodded my head and my hand met his as we shook, it was turning out fine. He wasn't going to be violent yet, his hands were not near his handles. Yet I had seen how fast they could be out. He had a sense of justice that I admired, and I would speak with a light excitement in my tone.

"Yes, I tamed him from a watering hole that it often visited with its females and kin. My lord had the other tamed and I allow him to stay with them whenever I am in my lord's main village."

The man was calm and would nod his head before I saw him look over. My eyes followed him to see a drunken man being shown out of a house. I would shake my head and untied my horse I slipped up onto the saddle and would wave to the man. His eyes looked into my crimson ones and then he would speak, taking me by surprise.

"Young Rei, I can see the strength behind your eyes... should you require any troops for your lord, search me and my tribe out. We are all similar, as you see me, you will see them, besides the rest being shorter then me- besides one lad, he has a pale complexion and has a tattoo from his old tribe on his left and right arm. We all have horses that were bred for war as well, should your lord require that. But know that our loyalty will be to you. We are mercenaries, you see... and healers."

My head would nod as I understood him. I would place a gloved hand on his shoulder before I would turn the horse around and headed out of the village. There was something that I needed to do, besides talk with other nobility. I would be training a new technique, one that would ultimately prove to be ultimately more useful then any of the water spells that I had. I had learned to use pure energy, so I would be using that. I would e silent as I looked back a final time, seriously considering Ameer's offer. I would at least go back soon. I would close my eyes a moment again and would look over at the city behind me. I would nod my head before pressing Kurohoshi into a gallop, getting more then five hundred paces from the city before I would allow the horse to stop, coming slower until the horse had a proper stop. I would smile and allow my warhorse to eat as I took another hundred paces further from Harlem.

Another low sigh would flow from my mouth before I focused on my energies. The first step was to use the energies that I not only learned to gather, but those that were within me. I would then focus on what was around me that I had not yet gained. It was the energies that I wanted to gain, or at least use it. I would place a hand out as I focused and spoke calmly, more then far enough away.

"Outflare... the energies around me will devistate the enemies around me!"

Energies had built up around me and then exploded around me, about the radius of a family room. No, that's not what I was shown earlier... I would release a low sigh and retracted my hand as I would think more on this before I would sit and close my eyes, my head banging a moment. Damn, this was getting awfully annoying. Some of these new techniques were much harder for me to use then the watyr magix. Was that because I had an affinity towards water, rather then all magix? I guessed that had to be it. I would look over as I saw that a small dust cloud was coming this way. I waited calmly as I stood up, dusting off my cloths and walked over to Kurohoshi and saw that Ameer was on his horse and stopped, reining in as he stared at me. He seemed to have been in a hurry as he spoke with a calmness in his voice, yet urgency in his movements.

"Rei Yan, there is something that you must see within Harlem. It's important that you see this, I think. Mount up quickly. I don't think you should miss this."

I would raise an eyebrow, but would mount up. Well, it was an interruption in my training, but since I would be addressing the problems or other occurrences within Harlem soon enough, so I might as well follow after the man. I slipped into the saddle and we headed off as I wondered what was going on in Harlem, and why Ameer wanted me to go with him. Certainly there were issues that he could deal with on his own... oh well, we would just have to wait and see. I kept a check on my blade, since it was also something that needed to be looked after. It didn't take us long to get to Harlem on our racing horses, and then we slowed down as we headed to a duel was taking place. Swordsmen that were going at it, acrowd was gathering. Neither was perfected, and it was starting to annoy me. A lot of flashy play, but nothing even masterful. I would shake my head as I spoke, getting ready to dismount.

"I can't watch this ugliness... they aren't even masters of their blades."

Ameer did not argue, nor move to stop me. I would step between the crowd and entered the circle. Then men barely noticed as I launched forward, the long sword singing from my sheath as I batted each blade aside with more grance then either could muster and then spun, knocking the blades out of each of their hands, using my other had to grab the katana in my left hand as each blade would end up at each of their throats, just enough away where flinching wouldn't kill them. Their blades landed on the ground when the dust settled, and a quiet came over the ground, my cloak settling. I would speak with authority soon after.

"Leave Harlem this night and go to your respective homes... this sad sight is not one that I will suffer while in Harlem, and neither one of you should have even bothered. Now go."

Words: 1780
Outflare [750 exp, 5 texp]
1030 exp to pwc
total pwc gain = 2810
Back to top Go down

Dealing Within Harlem. [Closed]
Page 1 of 1