Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

H2H Content Site ( Mirror ) - New Content Added 11/22!

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Initiation Mission Under the Half Moon (Not Nec. Closed)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
aѕceпxion
Ascended Tonberry
aѕceпxion

Male
Number of posts : 6937
Rep! : 110
Registration date : 2009-01-02

Initiation Mission Under the Half Moon (Not Nec. Closed) Empty
PostSubject: Initiation Mission Under the Half Moon (Not Nec. Closed)   Initiation Mission Under the Half Moon (Not Nec. Closed) EmptyTue Apr 07, 2009 6:42 pm

Initiation Mission Under the Half Moon (Not Nec. Closed) Kyrobanner
The Lower Commons is one of the least protected areas of the city. Aside from the almost routine crime that seems to go unnoticed in these parts, it was also a haven for the criminally insane. Several times a week the news covered a serial killer that maimed his victims as if possessed by a wild animal or something, though the news of the perpetrator’s capture had never been covered in the nightly broadcasts. There were only warnings not to go out at night and a hail to stay home for those who thought the world was plush and sweet. Aside from the warnings, the victims of the murders were always those who ignored warnings and rules and felt protected by their own power or weapons. With the demographic of the Lower Commons, that type was plentiful, making the area a ripe hunting ground.

The dark night looms over the city with a half moon lingering within the skies, casting down a dull illumination. Several unmarked vehicles, resembling unmarked vans and cars, rest passively scattered through the slums of the Lower Commons in the alleyways and parked along the sides of the road. The overall atmosphere of the place is dark as the street lamps offer little light in the shadowy realm of low-income houses and run down shops and multistoried brick buildings that house multiple purposes. In opposition to their appearance, activity buzzes within some of the vehicles. Small rooms within the back of black vans house illuminated digital screens and monitoring devices with various input peripherals and indication lights. McGrady leans back in the passenger seat of an ordinary blue sedan with dark tinted windows. His dark aviator shades cover his eyes with his arms folded behind his head with all indications would appear that he was asleep or resting save for the soft chewing on the end of a toothpick, probably to push away the urge to smoke. A male in a black boots, cargo pants and a black padded vest covering a gray ‘Div12” long sleeve shirt sits in the driver’s seat. The driver’s gaze is out of the window of the motionless car, as he questions, “Isn’t this a bit of a harsh initiation for the rookie?” Without moving, the toothpick shifts in his mouth as he answers lazily, “he’ll be just fine. It’s not like it’s a full moon.”

--

The dim night-lights reflect in the gloss of the black sedan set on chrome rims that comes to a stop in a vacant parking lot of the lower commons. The windows tint the inside where I sit checking the address to the GPS unit within the car, comparing it with the address on my case file that I would be working for my first mission solo, or training. I look up and over the area, frowning at the fact that I had to be in the Lower Commons as a police officer given what my role had been here in the past. I was well enough protected with both my pistols ‘Jr’ and ‘Prettyboy’ on me and in my chest holster with my shotgun, named ‘Lil Knock’ with me as well in the back seat. The names of my fallen friends had been etched in the barrels of my guns. I was dressed in the same thing I had gone to work in, the usual black boots, pants, belt, and shirt with a black vest like body armor covering my upper body and my chest holster lining the shoulder areas of the vest with the pistols tucked into them. Since it was time to move, I give a soft sigh as I place the clipboard onto the passenger seat, reach into the back seat, taking the barrel of the shotgun and bringing it with me as I exited the car. Standing with the door open, I lift the shotgun and place it on my back with the strap holding across my chest. From there, I reach back in the car for my large coat and pull it over my form before closing the door to the car and setting the alarm. To this point, I had put the directions of my patrol into memory from studying the clipboard of information I was given. I was to stay on patrol of a particular block, but what I actually had to do was still vague, I just knew that I had to be in the area around midnight. I walk away from my car and head in the direction I am supposed to go.

The streets and sidewalks of this area of the Lower Commons was sparsely populated with only a few homeless vagrants shifting about as well as a few pushers on their job, selling illegal items. I walk along the side walk in my assigned route looking for anything that would warrant being a ‘test’ of some type since McGrady had told me earlier that my objective would come to me. The thought shifts through my head that this was bullshit and I was probably out here just to be out here. I could already see McGrady saying something dumb like “what did you expect to happen” or something to that nature when confronted with the questioning of my reason. I could see how crime could go unpunished if other cops in the force were like me and ignored the activities in the commons such as drug trafficking.

I am pulled out of my thoughts as I hear a loud yell from what seems to be a male followed by two gunshots. My gaze shifts in the direction of an alleyway where I see a homeless man running away. It didn’t seem as if the yell had come from the homeless man, who was now yelling something about a wild animal, as there were still noises coming from the alleyway. Deciding that it was time to actually get into ‘cop mode’ I lean and start to run in the direction of the alley. The struggle continued to go on as I neared it. I could hear what seemed to be struggling and muffled noises of discomfort, but mixed in that seemed to be the sound of growling. As I make it to the entrance of the alleyway, my hand comes to my gun as I set my stand, coming to a halt and holding ‘Jr.’ with both hands. With the pistol aimed forwards, I yell out, “freeze! Police!” The visual before me reveals a large man overwhelming a much smaller man and ripping him with some sort of weapon. The large man stops and turns to the side. Though it is dark, I could tell that there was something off with his profile. My eyes widen a bit as I continue to point the gun. The large man only resembled a ‘man’ in the sense that it was a bi ped. After my eyes are able to focus on the interior of the alleyway, I could now see that I was looking at some sort of large canine/human hybrid. The body before it falls limp to the ground and blood drips from its feral jaws as a low growl emits its throat.

--

McGrady’s phone rings, causing him to stir lightly in his reclining position in the passenger seat of the car. Without looking at it, keeping, he presses the button to answer the call and brings the phone to his ear. After a moment, he answers, “ok” and then lowers it back into his pocket. The male in the driver questions, “news?” McGrady answers, “he’s made contact. Let’s see how he does.”

add “Body Armor” from the corporate shop
add “Hakaisha (Pistol)” (x2) from the KShop
remove $2000 from bio

Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Ascended Tonberry
aѕceпxion

Male

PostSubject: Re: Initiation Mission Under the Half Moon (Not Nec. Closed)   Initiation Mission Under the Half Moon (Not Nec. Closed) EmptyWed Apr 08, 2009 9:18 pm

I stand upright in the mouth of a dark alleyway with my legs partially spread, my center of gravity balanced with both arms extended away from my body clutching a pistol and aiming it forwards. Before me, the back profile of a feral beast is displayed with its head turned to the side and its seemingly red glowing eye sending a piercing glare that seemed to transcend my presence. The low growling is a prelude to a blur of movements as I realize a bit too late that the creature is on its way towards me. Instinctively my finger coils on the trigger, but in the several meters between slain bloodied corpse, and myself, the beast is able to easily be upon me before even three shots are out. The first two seem to hit in the upper torso region with the third striking the side wall to my right as the gun is slapped out of the way and my body is assaulted in a swiping manner that causes the body armor to press a strong pressure against my body and as such, I find myself flying backwards from the mouth of the alley into the streets of the Lower Commons. There is no wait time for the creature to roar standing over my body or pose in any manner, it continues it’s assault rushing towards me. At the same moment, bright headlights arise with the sound of a loud horn honking. The attention of the beast is diverted as the car swerves off and to the side, missing the both of us by feet. 266 TBC/Proof read later.
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Ascended Tonberry
aѕceпxion

Male

PostSubject: Re: Initiation Mission Under the Half Moon (Not Nec. Closed)   Initiation Mission Under the Half Moon (Not Nec. Closed) EmptyThu Apr 09, 2009 8:05 pm

I stand upright in the mouth of a dark alleyway. My legs are partially spread with my center of gravity balanced with both arms extended away from my body clutching a pistol. It is aimed forwards to an unknown adversary. Standing before me at an approximate length of several meters, the back profile of a feral beast is displayed with its head turned to the side. The seemingly red glowing eye that faces me sends a piercing glare that seemed to transcend my very presence in a non verbal warning that my life had just expired. The low growling also serves as a prelude to a blur of movements that begin before I realize a bit too late that the creature was on its way towards me. The evidence of the creature’s intentions had already been rendered upon the bloodied corpse that lay a sundered on the ground in the wake of its movements. Instinctively my finger coiled about the pistol trigger contract and release several times, but in the distance between the slain bloodied corpse and myself, the beast is able to easily be upon me before even three shots are out of my weapon. The first two shots seem to have been aimed well enough to hit in the upper torso region, but the third is caste to the side, striking the side wall to my right as the gun is slapped out of the way of the rushing beast’s approach and my body is assaulted in a swiping manner that causes the body armor that covers my upper torso to press a forceful pressure against my body. As such, the power of the glancing blow is enough for me to find myself flying backwards from the mouth of the alley and into the streets of the Lower Commons with a grunt. The hit is enough to cause a stun and call for me to sprawl in an attempt to get up from my back by rolling to my side, elbows and hands, but there is no wait time. There is no scenario where the creature takes his time to roar standing over my body or pose in any manner to allow me to collect myself. Instead, it continues its assault, rushing towards me with the intent to finish me off, but at the same moment, bright headlights arise with the sound of a loud horn honking. This blaring outburst causes the attention of the beast to be diverted; the car swerves off and to the side, missing the both of us by feet and I roll over my shoulder getting into a crouched position with my pistol in grip.

There is no time to think on the realization of what this was in front of me. My baser instincts had told me that it was something dangerous, and for now, that might be all that I need in order to survive. Things like this did not exist in real life. The scariest thing in the lower commons was a psycho killer or an ignorant gun toting urban youth with no regard for life. Monsters were things that only existed in stories.

My body quickly rises from the crouched position, ignoring whatever may have happened to or with the car that had swerved to miss us. The second pistol is ejected from its holster and I dual wield them both forwards towards the beast as his distraction fades away. I begin to fire shots one after another. Moving with great speed, the wolf rushes away from its position, running about me in a semi circle in a manner that’s hard for me to keep up with or even aim properly. At the half-way point in the circle, it’s large body crouches and then its powerful hind legs send it soaring into the air above me. My aim takes to the skies to follow its movements. There are several clicks and I am out. Death descends from above as the beast free falls to my position. The guns are pushed back into their holster and the large coat flies from my body as the shotgun is swung up and fired with minimal aiming. Blood sprays down over my form as the blast diverts the fall of the beast. It lands next to me, wounded, but striking the ground with enough force that it causes me to stumble away. There are two clicks and then another shot as I step back, the recoil of the gun causing me to fall back onto my butt in my unbalanced movements. Inversely, the scatter shots rip through the fur and skin of the large feral beast, causing it to take a few more steps back. The shotgun falls to the ground and the beast composes its stance. My hand quickly ejects one of my pistols as it drops a magazine while my other hand retrieves a new one. The clip is slammed into the gun. The beast lunges towards me, roaring, and seemingly invincible. I lift the gun and aim for its imposing face shifting back awkwardly in a futile attempt to keep it away from me. The gun clicks when the eight shots finish being loudly ejected and the large carcass of the beast falls to my side. My eyes are wide as I jerk back in a frightened manner and scoot away from it. I could still hear a low growling coming from its throat. TBC/Proof read again 907 so far.
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Ascended Tonberry
aѕceпxion

Male

PostSubject: Re: Initiation Mission Under the Half Moon (Not Nec. Closed)   Initiation Mission Under the Half Moon (Not Nec. Closed) EmptySun Apr 12, 2009 10:50 pm

Initiation Mission Under the Half Moon (Not Nec. Closed) Kyrobanner
I stand upright in the mouth of a dark alleyway. My legs are partially spread with my center of gravity balanced with both arms extended away from my body clutching a pistol. It is aimed forwards to an unknown adversary. Standing before me at an approximate length of several meters, the back profile of a feral beast is displayed with its head turned to the side. The seemingly red glowing eye that faces me sends a piercing glare that seemed to transcend my very presence in a non verbal warning that my life had just expired. The low growling also serves as a prelude to a blur of movements that begin before I realize a bit too late that the creature was on its way towards me. The evidence of the creature’s intentions had already been rendered upon the bloodied corpse that lay a sundered on the ground in the wake of its movements. Instinctively my finger coiled about the pistol trigger contract and release several times, but in the distance between the slain bloodied corpse and myself, the beast is able to easily be upon me before even three shots are out of my weapon. The first two shots seem to have been aimed well enough to hit in the upper torso region, but the third is caste to the side, striking the side wall to my right as the gun is slapped out of the way of the rushing beast’s approach and my body is assaulted in a swiping manner that causes the body armor that covers my upper torso to press a forceful pressure against my body. As such, the power of the glancing blow is enough for me to find myself flying backwards from the mouth of the alley and into the streets of the Lower Commons with a grunt. The hit is enough to cause a stun and call for me to sprawl in an attempt to get up from my back by rolling to my side, elbows and hands, but there is no wait time. There is no scenario where the creature takes his time to roar standing over my body or pose in any manner to allow me to collect myself. Instead, it continues its assault, rushing towards me with the intent to finish me off, but at the same moment, bright headlights arise with the sound of a loud horn honking. This blaring outburst causes the attention of the beast to be diverted; the car swerves off and to the side, missing the both of us by feet and I roll over my shoulder getting into a crouched position with my pistol in grip.

There is no time to think on the realization of what this was in front of me. My baser instincts had told me that it was something dangerous, and for now, that might be all that I need in order to survive. Things like this did not exist in real life. The scariest thing in the lower commons was a psycho killer or an ignorant gun toting urban youth with no regard for life. Monsters were things that only existed in stories.

My body quickly rises from the crouched position, ignoring whatever may have happened to or with the car that had swerved to miss us. The second pistol is ejected from its holster and I dual wield them both forwards towards the beast as his distraction fades away. I begin to fire shots one after another. Moving with great speed, the wolf rushes away from its position, running about me in a semi circle in a manner that is hard for me to keep up with or even aim properly. At the half-way point in the circle, the beast’s large body crouches before its powerful hind legs sends it launching into the air above me. My aim takes to the skies to follow its movements with both of my pistols. There are several clicks that signal that I am out of ammo. Gritting my teeth I make the realization that I have to reload. Death descends from above as the beast free falls to my position. Figuring there was not enough time, the guns are pushed back into their holster at chest level and the large coat flies from my body as the shotgun is swung up and fired with minimal aiming. Following the loud blast, blood sprays down over my form as the blast diverts the fall of the beast. It lands next to me, wounded but striking the ground with enough force that it causes me to stumble away and almost fall. My feet struggle to keep their balance and there are two clicks and then another shot. I step back with the recoil of the gun causing me to fall back onto my butt in my unbalanced movements. Inversely moving in the opposing direction, the scatter shots rip through the fur and skin of the large feral beast causing it to take a few steps back due to the force of the blast. I release the weapon; the shotgun falls to the ground and the beast composes its stance. My hand quickly ejects one of my pistols as it drops a magazine while my other hand retrieves a new one. The clip is slammed into the gun. The beast lunges towards me, roaring, and seemingly invincible. I lift the gun and aim for its imposing face shifting back awkwardly in a futile attempt to keep it away from me while firing. The gun clicks when the eight shots finish being loudly ejected and the large carcass of the beast falls to my side with a thud. There are a few more clicks as my gaze follows its fall along with my aiming pistols. The guns are dropped with my eyes wide as I jerk back in a frightened manner and scoot away from it. I could still hear a low growling coming from its throat. Suddenly, the growling begins to fade away as I stumble to my feet. “I… stopped… it?” I wonder as I gaze down at it, staggering a bit, but trying to regain my composure. I did not even know what to refer to it as. I hadn’t seen anything like it before, but it looked like a werewolf as seen on TV. My breath is heavy as I look to the left and then to the right and then back down at the beast. I pause as I notice something. I could see that it’s breathing had begun to regulate and become less stressed, almost as if it were concentrating on healing and making itself better. Aside form that, the soft moonlight seemed to glow off of its form. “Oh fuck that,” I say as I step forward, leaning over to pick up my shotgun where it had been dropped on the ground. The release is pressed and it cocks bending forward into an L shape. My right hand reaches for, takes and loads two shells into the shotgun as I hold it in my left arm. With a click, I snap the barrel back up and then aim with both arms down at the beast that lay on the ground beneath me. There are clicks and two shots that resound in the night. At the end of it, there much of the werewolf creature’s head and brains were splattered across the concrete. I survey the creature for a bit longer and my breathing starts to regulate. I sigh softly murmuring a “thank god” that the beast stop moving. I look up and around me, and the gravity of what’s happened starts to rush into my head. Something wasn’t right here. Thoughts began to run through my head about how unnatural this was… I needed answers of some types.

As if on cue, bright lights cause me to raise my arm over my face and step out of the street and into the side walk. A van as well as an unmarked car approach and stop near my position. The side of the van opens and several men come out and move towards the beast’s body with something that resembled a stretcher. This group basically ignores my existence. Along with them was a short whiney researcher type squealing something about being careful with his specimen. Out of the unmarked car, McGrady steps out. His grin contrasts my confused look as he approaches and pats me on the back. “Good job,” he congratulates, “you pass.” My eyes widen as I begin to speak, but he stops me and continues, “just calm down. Get your things and get in the car. Explaining what just happened is all a part of part two of your training.” With that, he calmly makes his way back to the car and stands by it waiting for me. I am almost floored by how calm he is, but instead of making a scene, I gather my guns and head to the car. I wanted answers, and now.

Back to top Go down
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry
Surreal SaDiablo

Female
Number of posts : 3123
Rep! : 257
Registration date : 2009-01-03

PostSubject: Re: Initiation Mission Under the Half Moon (Not Nec. Closed)   Initiation Mission Under the Half Moon (Not Nec. Closed) EmptyTue Apr 14, 2009 12:08 am

Updated
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Initiation Mission Under the Half Moon (Not Nec. Closed)   Initiation Mission Under the Half Moon (Not Nec. Closed) Empty

Back to top Go down

Initiation Mission Under the Half Moon (Not Nec. Closed)
Page 1 of 1